Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1146 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: RE: Game Reviews May 23, 2015, 14:58 ItBurn

Hanover wrote on May 23, 2015, 14:46:
Wow, Mack skewered W3 and I agree to a certain extent. The movement and controls are twitchy as hell. I'm currently playing with a controller on my PC since I struggle with the KBM. For reference, I tried to play Witcher 2 a couple of times and kept giving up after a few hours because the controls with keyboard and mouse sucked so badly. I finally tried it with an Xbox controller as a last result and ended up finishing the game using it (and got partway into playthrough two before finally stopping).

In this game though, the controls are nowhere near as tight as W2. It also seems like each new Witcher game makes the combat a little less interesting. Loved the combat in the first Witcher the most though I think I ended up modding it for more interesting combat so I may not be remembering it correctly.

I like the story and game world in Witcher 3 so I'm continuing to play, but I cant wait for some kind of combat rebalance mod to come out.

Same opinion here. I'm doing mouse and keyboard though. It's still very playable. I don't know how you guys can stand looking around with a gamepad.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
19. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 22, 2015, 03:54 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on May 22, 2015, 02:16:
jacobvandy wrote on May 21, 2015, 22:22:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:29:
bigspender wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:13:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is like a First Person Diablo, it would have been really fun

That happened. It was called Hellgate: London.. and it was a massive flop.

It was a First Person SHOOTER Diablo mash-up, and the reason it was bad is the shooting completely sucked. I still played it a lot, though, because there was no Borderlands back then and turns out the idea of FPSRPG in itself is a pretty fucking fun one.

I have said it before, and Ill say it again Hellgate London was an awesome ARPG. What it was definitely NOT was an MMO, it was marketed as such, and this is the reason why it failed. Shame really, it's gameplay mechanics were really unique.

Hellgate London is one of my favorite games ever and absolutely my favorite diablo-style game ever.

Also, I'd describe Hellraid more like painkiller meets Dead island.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
47. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 22, 2015, 03:49 ItBurn

Retired wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:04:
KilrathiAce wrote on May 21, 2015, 19:51:
Can they patch the gameplay?
https://youtu.be/QIeEZeKN8JE

That guy is playing on Easy.
His attempt to be Angry Gamer or Yahtzee is very poorly implemented.

Anyone that has played the game knows that guy has no idea what he is talking about.

I played the game and I agree completely with the Worth a buy guy. If you don't, I think you're probably used to mediocrity. That being said, so far, it's not a deal breaker for me.

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
3. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 17:46 ItBurn

I actually thought about this game yesterday... Too bad, looked interesting. Not too surprised though.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
14. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 13:21 ItBurn

Cutscenes are still terrible for me, but I did get a slight performance increase in gameplay.
I can run the game in high and I sometimes hit 60 fps. It varies a lot though and often it straight up freezes for half a second.

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
27. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 10:29 ItBurn

Squirmer wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:47:
InBlack wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:34:
The Witcher3 looks and runs GREAT. Even on older hardware.
Only thing that matters, time to move on.

It does not! Intel Xeon E5-1650 3.20GHz(essentially 12 threads), 48 gigs of ram and GTX 670 here and I can barely run the game in 1080p in medium. I sure as hell ain't getting 60 fps either. That game looks good, but not as good as it should for my hardware. I think the game is badly optimised. Also, the pre-rendered cutscenes run like sh*t. Like, 10 fps.

Is it playable? Yes. Does it run "GREAT"? Hellz no.

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
25. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 10:21 ItBurn

This is total BS. They knew very well that the game wouldn't look this good in the end. It's been proven time and time again that having unrealistic graphics at E3 is good for sales and the downgrades have little to no impact on sales either.

That being said, you can trust that they're not BSing you about the support and that most issues should be resolved.

News Comments > 25,000 H1Z1 Bans
3. Re: 25,000 H1Z1 Bans May 20, 2015, 09:48 ItBurn

How can so many people cheat??? Faith in humanity -25000  

5. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2015, 14:53 ItBurn

Task wrote on May 19, 2015, 14:31:
I read the whole thing just to check. The score given was the "Essential" award.

At one point at the end of the article, the author seemed to copy Polygon's take by using the buzzword "misogynistic." "set in a feudal world that is sometimes gruesomely misogynistic" - even though that's how Medieval life was (unfair and often brutal), Geralt is one person unable to change Human cruelty in society, and is depicted as such in the novels - similar vein to Game of Thrones.

There's nothing wrong with having misogynistic media or offensive media in general. There's nothing wrong in wanting to save a helpless princess. I don't want to live in a world where everything needs to be politically correct, not offend anyone and contain a person of every race and sex... There's all kinds of media and that's awesome.

That being said, the Eurogamer review makes it as hard as possible to get the details about a game as they can. The obscure stamp system and the lack of plusses and minusses are forcing you to read the entire thing and then make up an opinion of what they mean. It's not helping them get more views and it doesn't give us better reviews. The experienced gamer will visit other sites to make up his opinion with numbers, high and low points, the last paragraph and his knowledge, while the inexperienced gamer won't visit them because of their weird ass review system and wall of text. Their review system sure could use a bit of game theory improvement.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
43. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 12:43 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 12:42:
Verno wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:46:
I'm playing with a gamepad on my HTPC in the living room and its pretty twitchy for sure, I'm going to see about tweaking sensitivity later. Can't agree with you about the graphics at all, I've got everything cranked and fully modded Skyrim never looked this good.

Verno, does the game handle better with a K+M or with a controller? Im seriously bad with controllers, but I would be willing to put the effort in to get to grips with it if its worth it.

Mouse and keyboard works great for me.

41. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 12:22 ItBurn

nin wrote on May 19, 2015, 12:00:
Flatline wrote on May 19, 2015, 11:56:
I did say sword play and not melee combat.

So I'm going to request a few examples here, because I can't think of any.

Didn't the Jedi Knight series have one? Or was that a mod? Been too long since I played. But it was clunky...

Here's a few that I know the melee combat is good: Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Dishonored, Shadow Warrior remake, Skyrim(it kinda sucked, but it worked), Dead Island, Dying light, Chivalry(never played it, so I'm not sure), Zeno Clash.

1. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2015, 11:44 ItBurn

I pure hate the new Eurogamer review system.  

34. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 11:06 ItBurn

Flatline wrote on May 19, 2015, 10:57:
Scatterblak wrote on May 19, 2015, 07:49:
It's 3rd person, and immersion is just not very good. If there was a viable 1st-person option, I (and a lot of other people) would be way into it. 3rd person only changes it from being a personal adventure to something akin to being nearsighted and playing with dolls.

How the hell do you incorporate any kind of swordplay into 1-st person mode? Doubly so for Geralt's acrobatic twirling shit. People bitched when Mirror's Edge came out and did first person acrobatics with somersaults and twirling and stuff because it made them motion sick.

This "immersion" argument seems to be the big cop out to torpedo any game for any bullshit reason. I've seen people in the Elite forums complain that if there is ever a stutter or a frame drop that it "completely destroys the immersion of the game" and therefore the game sucks.

First person melee combat has been done well in a ton of games. Of course, the combat would be very different from what's currently in the Witcher. One solution would be to go into third person when combat starts, but I'd rather just have first person combat also, if I had to choose.

27. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 10:09 ItBurn

SpectralMeat wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:35:
ItBurn wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:18:
That's not what I'm saying. I just think it would be a better game in first person. I never said I expected it to be first person when all the others were third. Using imagination is fun, you can imagine awesome things :p
My comment wasn't regarding you at all, not sure why you thought otherwise.

I'm used to people sh*tting on me on the internet?

As for GTA V, I played it entirely in first person and it was great. Some terrible design decisions in this game though(not related to 1st person). I liked GTA IV way better because of that. Kind of a let down...

20. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 09:18 ItBurn

nin wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:03:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:00:
nin wrote on May 19, 2015, 08:37:
First time I've ever heard that complaint leveled against the series.
None of the Witcher games were ever 1st person anyways and this is the 3rd in the series.
I don't know why would anyone get this game and complaint about not being 1st person.
It's like buying a flight sim and complain it is not a racing game.

Exactly. The recurring attitude of "this game isn't what I want it to be" when the game has never been that, is laughable.

That's not what I'm saying. I just think it would be a better game in first person. I never said I expected it to be first person when all the others were third. Using imagination is fun, you can imagine awesome things :p

11. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 08:45 ItBurn

nin wrote on May 19, 2015, 08:37:
Scatterblak wrote on May 19, 2015, 07:49:
It's 3rd person, and immersion is just not very good. If there was a viable 1st-person option, I (and a lot of other people) would be way into it. 3rd person only changes it from being a personal adventure to something akin to being nearsighted and playing with dolls.

First time I've ever heard that complaint leveled against the series.

edit: Dear god, read your post history...

I also dislike 3rd person in general. I mean, I can stand it, but I think that the game would be better in first person, as would a lot of other games.

8. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 08:21 ItBurn

Played 20 minutes.
The game runs like garbage on my geforce 670.
I mean, the game is beautiful, but it doesn't seem well optimized for the quality I'm seeing. Also, the cinematics run like sh*t even if they're pre-rendered.

Can't say much more about the game for now, but it does seem polished.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic
49. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 16, 2015, 06:11 ItBurn

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 15, 2015, 22:30:
ItBurn wrote on May 15, 2015, 18:59:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 15, 2015, 18:51:
GMG is offering 27% off on pre-order of Witcher 3. Now I'm tempted to get it and bump it up to the top of the backlog. Dammit. I was just starting to make some progress too :-/

Apparently, CD Projekt doesn't want people to buy it from GMG.

You mean GOG? I broke down and picked it up, even though I very rarely pre-order games. $43.80 was a decent price for it. It's a GOG key rather than Steam though.

Possibly GOG, but GOG is owned by CD Projekt. Unless this changed and I was unaware.

46. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 15, 2015, 18:59 ItBurn

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 15, 2015, 18:51:
GMG is offering 27% off on pre-order of Witcher 3. Now I'm tempted to get it and bump it up to the top of the backlog. Dammit. I was just starting to make some progress too :-/

Apparently, CD Projekt doesn't want people to buy it from GMG.

43. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 15, 2015, 16:26 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2015, 13:58:
ItBurn wrote on May 15, 2015, 04:12:
Well, this was amazing. Not sure it beats the Witcher 2 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kCGw_64Osc

Meh, I kind of like the W3 one better. Geralt succeeds, but struggles despite preparation.

The W2 one just has logic issues. The assassin swims fast enough to catchup and climb aboard the sloop with all his gear on? Also, ships 10 feet offshore would run aground. The freezebomb destroys everyone and everything on the ship except him? If the wooden box saved the assassin, then everyone on the other side of the mast would have also lived. The assassin bests the King's best archer by pirouetting? The wizard's blast completely shatters the dead guard that the assassin is holding, but leaves the assassin on his feet and completely unharmed? It just seemed that the assassin was relying on way to much luck and coincidence to defeat all those people than skill and preparation.

I wouldn't say they're logic issues, but I get what you mean. I think I can figure out explanations to all of them though.
- The assassin probably went upstream and just climbed on top when the ship got close. He was travelling pretty light too.
- He actually cast a magic sign before the detonation, supposedly protecting him.
- The assassin is a witcher. His reflexes are way better than normal men. It's not like he gave the king's archer time to react. Also, the archer might just be a trick shooter and not actually a bodyguard, so battle might not be his thing.
- That could simply be how the spell works... It explodes the person it comes in contact with.
- He did leave a lot to chance, but maybe he didn't expect anyone to survive the initial frost explosion. I mean, it was pretty damn sneaky. Once it failed, because of luck really, he decided to go for it and his crazy witcher skills saved him.

1146 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo