Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 941 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3 Sep 6, 2014, 13:10 ItBurn

I don't like Capcom. They make terrible ports, have the worst DLC practices and aren't shy about draining their fans from every penny with their full priced minor updates. It doesn't help that I haven't liked a game from them in like 10 years, except maybe one or two DS games.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth in November
1. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth in November Sep 5, 2014, 19:10 ItBurn

I kinda had my fill of this game, but I loved it, so I'll probably get this one too...  

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
8. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 10:21 ItBurn

This is the opposite of what I want.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Sep 2, 2014, 17:29 ItBurn

There is absolutely no point in playing vanilla minecraft. The mods that are out now offer a million times more. I don't know why they bother... Maybe for consoles?  

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
7. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 30, 2014, 15:04 ItBurn

It does suck that the game doesn't force you through the story again, but about lvl 70, the game starts at level 70.  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Today - First Season Begins Friday
19. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 16:03 ItBurn

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 15:59:
Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 15:49:
Couch co-op is such a blast, theres some sort of weird trading/gifting functionality, nemesis stuff and so on.
I've just found out about that nemesis monster stuff today. That's pretty awesome.

NEMESIS MONSTERS (ULTIMATE EVIL EDITION)

Avenge your friends and slay the Nemesis!
In Diablo III - Reaper of Souls: Ultimate Evil Edition, you and your friends will come to know your most challenging enemy: the Nemesis Monster. When playing with a hero that is level 10 or greater, any non-elite, non-boss monster that defeats you has a chance to turn into a Nemesis monster. The Nemesis monster will then depart the game with a single, sinister intent: hunting down someone on your friends list! Nemesis monsters will not target heroes below level 10 and will never spawn in Hardcore mode.

When a Nemesis monster invades a victim’s game, it will spawn near that player as long as he or she is not in town, viewing a cut-scene, or fighting a boss. Each time it kills a player, the Nemesis monster will grow in power, then move to another game from the victim’s friends list (up to five times).

Powerful rewards await you and possibly your friend if you are able to defeat a Nemesis Monster.
Link

I play hardcore, so that's pretty useless...

Does the ultimate evil edition get anything from patch 2.10? Like the greater rifts, ladders, goblin world and especially, the fixing of the skills?

15. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 15:46 ItBurn

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 15:44:
Krovven wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 15:33:
Wallshadows wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 14:49:
One of the reasons I like ladder is due to the economy reset which isn't possible in the PC version but is with consoles.

What? Economy is reset in the PC versions of the Seasons too.

There's zero economy in the game other than what you own since the PC version has everything bound to the account. I don't think you can even give someone gold anymore.

You can trade items on PC. There's no specific interface that I know of for that though. You just drop the item. I never actually searched for one, I just drop it...

13. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today - First Season Begins Friday Aug 26, 2014, 15:43 ItBurn

nin wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 15:41:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 15:39:
Unsurprisingly, Targetting and all interfaces are a pain on the console version.

I'd say my experience is the opposite. Once you figure out the menu system, it's wonderfully organized.

I've not noticed a problem with targeting, either.

I haven't played the console version, but all the gametrailer dudes said that. Basically, if you go in menus(maybe just shops?), it stops everyone from playing and you have to wait for each player to do his thing. For targeting, it targets in front of you or something and it's apparently hard to target specific enemies when there's lots of action at higher difficulties.

11. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today - First Season Begins Friday Aug 26, 2014, 15:39 ItBurn

Unsurprisingly, Targetting and all interfaces are a pain on the console version. The PC and console versions are essentially the same now that the auction house is closed, except that the PC version is easier to play. I guess that the couch coop thing the console version does might be interesting to you.

Gametrailers just had a discussion about this and the conclusion was unanimous: PC wins. link

News Comments > Hack Your Fiends in Watch Dogs
9. Re: Hack Your Fiends in Watch Dogs Aug 22, 2014, 10:23 ItBurn

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 10:19:
HACK YOUR FRIENDS – You can now select available friends via the grid and hack or tail them without their knowledge. This can be disabled under online options. – (ALL PLATFORMS)

Because society isn't heartless and uncivil enough, let's train kids to be griefers for entertainment. Better yet, let's get them to grief their friends, so that they'll have even less compassion for random strangers.

This is fun?

edited...

I was going to take the low road, but I'll take the high one instead. Hacking in Watch Dogs is fun. It's fun to hack and it's fun to be hacked. Hacking your friends makes this so much more fun. You have no idea.

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
36. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 14:58 ItBurn

DangerDog wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 14:56:
I would say it's less about the graphics and more about the art design/style. Look at Borderlands, I wouldn't call it the sharpest game on the block in terms of graphics but the art style works and they've done a hell of a lot of work to make it not feel like an unreal game in terms of movement and shooting.

I personally hate the look and especially the feel in Borderlands... Still, great game in coop.

34. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 14:40 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 14:32:
At this point graphics are so meaningless to me. I don't need some huge next generation breakthrough. It'll be nice to get bigger worlds and further draw distances than the prior consoles allowed, but otherwise? I've yet to play a AAA game and say "wow, this game would be so much better if the graphics were better." Nor have I really said "well, this game kind of sucks, but the graphics are so good I'm going to keep playing it." Back in the 90s, when graphics evolved so rapidly, sure.

Now? I have a 4 year old PC and don't feel like spending a grand to build a new one. Until recently I played on a CRT and often kicked down resolution in favor of FPS.

Crysis was great, I thought. Graphics weren't a major part of that. FC3 was arguably lesser quality graphics (many here have made that argument, I do not agree.) I felt it was a better game.

I think that graphics can still greatly improve the enjoyment of a game. I can imagine such a game. Immersion is a big part graphics and it can really make a game. Graphics to me isn't just better textures or more polygons, it's also more detailed worlds with better animations and physics.

You still don't NEED good graphics to make a good game, but a shitty game will still be shitty regardless of graphics.

20. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 12:26 ItBurn

The mutants in Farcry 1 were great. It added a Predator and Jurassic Park vibe to it. It was scary as hell in some parts. It added a lot of variety. I admit that the rocket mutants were a bit overkill near the end of the game. It's like people complaining about the undead in Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Loved those.

Farcry 1 is probably in my top 5 best games of all time. I played the multiplayer too much. Crysis was pretty good, but it's just not as fun for some reason. I'm actually replaying Crysis 1 these days. Man the graphics... It looks better and offers more than... ALL current games... Time really stopped for gaming years ago.

News Comments > Arena of Fate Trailer
2. Re: Arena of Fate Trailer Aug 15, 2014, 13:10 ItBurn

I really don't get this. There's already tons of games that are exactly the same as this. Why? Also, trailer was painful.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers
16. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 16:51 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 09:58:
Not sure if this would be the right thread to ask but here it goes anyway.

Just finished watching Black Sails Season 1, and Im seriously stoked for some Man-O-War action on the high seas.

Is there a Naval PC game out there that can cater to my needs? So basically looking for a kind of "Pirates!" game.

I hate Pirates! It's a simple arcade mini-game collection. Black Flag is the best modern pirate game, but it's still pretty arcadey and it's 50% pirate 50% assassin. If you want a real pirate simulation, you have to look at the old Akella games. They're incredibly hard to get into though. If you're not scared of spending hours learning it, I can suggest Pirates of the Carribean. It's one of my favorite games of all time. It's pretty old now though... You can check the sequels like Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales and the like, but I couldn't get into them because they lack a real main quest. They're all freeform rpgs.

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced
10. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced Aug 13, 2014, 21:43 ItBurn

Ok, so they're making a Left4Dead clone, but with zombies?  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
5. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 10:20 ItBurn

PC in a year.  

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Gameplay Trailer
6. Re: Dead Island 2 Gameplay Trailer Aug 11, 2014, 14:21 ItBurn

What I like about zombie games is the dark atmosphere. This looks more like a comedy... I'm much more excited for Dying Light.  

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
6. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 12:05 ItBurn

This game is the opposite of a PC game.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
7. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 10:26 ItBurn

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 10:19:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 10:08:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 09:43:
I kind of lost interest in this project and the amount of money it collected.
It is awesome to show off the power of PC gamers when it comes to funding to shove it in the console companies face, but at the same time I really wish he would focus on making the game instead of all the other crap he does, like those web tv things and commercials and new ship designs etc.
Sure the new ships are awesome but until you have a game to play those in it is kinda ass backwards to work on those imo.
Just like you have to build a house from the foundation up not from the roof down.

Hmm. When you make a game, a lot of things are being made a the same time. They don't just make a single ship and then move on to creating gameplay... Everything happens at the same time. As for the movies and stuff, that's a completely different source of funding. It's being funded by the subscribers who shell some money each month.
I guess it wasn't obvious from my comment.
I was talking about time management, and effort being put into the game itself rather than the fluff.
They don't even know if the CryEngine will be able to handle all the shit they want to pour into this game but hey they have 2 gazillion space ships designed and modeled already.
Sure design some ships say 5-6 or whatever but have a stable base game running before add more stuff into it.
These guys go the opposite direction. They have a working toilet and doorknob in your space ship but will the CryEngine handle the scale of this game? Who cares. Let's make another pretty commercial movie for a new ship.

Ok. Well, the modelers aren't going to just stand there and do nothing all day. I'm guessing that making the ships that people paid for is a good investment of their time. Making the engine work is more of the work of programmers. I wouldn't worry about the Cryengine being able to handle it. That's why you hire programmers, so that they can do their job and develop things so that they work...

Like I said, the commercials are a side thing that don't drain resources from the main game. I mean it's a video, not 3d modeling or programming.

To reiterate, they aren't only working on doorknobs, it's just that that's easy to do and show right now.

941 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo