Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1178 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs
8. Re: Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs Jun 22, 2015, 14:00 ItBurn

I never criticized the performance in Bethesda's games. I did complain about their beyond atrocious interface. I dare say it's the worst AAA interface I've ever used. It seems like Fallout 4 will keep Fallout 3's interface. Yay for 5 items displayed at once, with no stats, in an endless list you need to scroll one by one.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
14. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 12:08 ItBurn

It was obviously a great decision to use this term. Look at all the publicity they're getting.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Announced
16. Re: Dishonored 2 Announced Jun 16, 2015, 04:37 ItBurn

None of that was gameplay  

News Comments > BATTLECRY Beta Signups
2. Re: BATTLECRY Beta Signups Jun 15, 2015, 05:37 ItBurn

Oh my that looked terrible. I don't understand why they don't cancel it.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Announced
9. Re: Dishonored 2 Announced Jun 15, 2015, 05:37 ItBurn

I'm sure the game will be great, but for me that trailer was a turn off in every way... Don't like the direction they went with this. I trust this studio though, they always deliver.

Venom reference? More like the tentacles from "The Darkness".

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2015, 05:45.

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
19. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 05:28 ItBurn

Doom 4 looks great... But it doesn't look as good as the Brutal Doom mod...

I got tired of executions while the trailer was going... Textures look blurry up close. Weapons don't feel satisfying, except for the double barrel. I don't like the color correction. I don't like that they played with a gamepad and I don't like the weapon wheel. The levels seemed pretty linear and boring/generic.

The problem with executions is that sometimes, instead of dying, monsters start flashing and wait for you to execute them. One, the flashing totally brings you out of the game. Two, you killed that monster, you expected to be rewarded with blood, but they just start doing this dizzy animation and you have to take care of them either by wasting more bullets or by wasting your time dealing with them with an execution. Once again, Brutal Doom did it better. Executions are a choice that you execute before the enemy is dead.

Everything else was great :p

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2015, 05:34.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 12, 2015, 09:59 ItBurn

Bloodstained looks to be great. Iga's games are truly the best metroidvania games out there. Inti create is probably my favorite 2D game maker too. Loved their megaman zero and zx games. Best megaman games ever for me. This kickstarter is a no brainer.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Announced
17. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Announced Jun 12, 2015, 03:58 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 23:22:
Really hope the press release was just poorly phrased and that the game hasn't turned into a glorified dungeon crawl. Procedurally-generated levels tend to feel generic and forgettable and will never be an effective replacement for lovingly handcrafted levels.

I highly disagree with "will never be an effective replacement for lovingly handcrafted levels."

You'll see! :p

4. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Announced Jun 11, 2015, 12:13 ItBurn

Wait! What does this mean? "Battle alongside allies online in four-player co-op or go it alone in spectacular procedurally-generated landscapes to complete daring missions and collect powerful new weapons, armor, and arcane relics of legend."

Seems to me like the game's story mode can only be played in four-player coop and that single player is reserved for randomly generated maps that serve only to "level up" your character. That's... weird. I don't think I can get 4 friends to play this.

3. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Announced Jun 11, 2015, 12:05 ItBurn

Looks good! See that screenshot with the bullet holes in enemies? I hope this is actually physics based!  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Teased
14. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Teased Jun 11, 2015, 05:48 ItBurn

vacs wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 05:42:
Krodge wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 21:15:
I liked the last one.
But I do wish they had gone with old school level design instead of a Serious Sam / Painkiller style game.

agreed, I loved the new one but I do would have also preferred level design a bit more like the original one. There was just something I can't quantify about those build-based games like dn3d, blood and shadow warrior, you really felt that the level designer had fun building the maps...

I dunno, it's easy to define what was good about the build engine games. The levels were non-linear. They were these open-ended boxes that you could explore at your pace and in the order you wanted. They were actual levels. Nowadays, the linear levels, they're basically just roller coasters. Another good thing was that the locations were real world things with lots of detail, so that you could imagine being inside it and immerse yourself better. It wasn't just about going from point A to point B and kill every enemy.

13. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Teased Jun 11, 2015, 05:45 ItBurn

Slick wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 05:38:
just give me the first 5 minutes of that game extended across 12 hours. I want to fight the crazy 88 endlessly. I loved the first shadow warrior back in the day (had a great time LANning with that game, F1-F12 were vocal taunt keys, each more hilarious than the last).

but

i just wasn't feeling the mutants/monsters whathaveyou. I just want to have all the moves unlocked, and fend off wave after wave of ninjas with my sword and throwing stars and kung-fu and demon powers. fuck guns. fuck monsters.

Shadow Warrior IS demons and guns. The sword was great, but you can't really change that and still call the game Shadow Warrior. You could, but then you would be called EA and everyone would hate you. There could be a mod of what you say though, or maybe an expansion/DLC.

The first game(remake) had a "horde" mode like you explain. Perhaps there's a map with only humans and the sword. I didn't play it.

10. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Teased Jun 11, 2015, 04:20 ItBurn

First game was great in every way. Minor complaints include not enough monster variety and levels that are a bit too linear. If they fix this, oh boy oh boy.  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed
8. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed Jun 10, 2015, 04:42 ItBurn

DangerDog wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 21:30:
This should be interesting, the first one was pretty good - they did a hell of a job tweaking the Unreal Engine into a good looking game. If this game gets a VR treatment there will be reports of people stroking out from playing it.

I'd love to see a multiplayer mode that gives the game longer shelf life than just the single player can offer, timed runs through levels is only for the aspergers crowd.

Yeah, what I read was this: "We don't feel like another mirror's edge game would make a big enough profit, so we're going to make another type of game. We're going to reuse the name anyway because that'll get us more sales." Classic EA.

Scary phrases for fans of Mirror's Edge in their text:
"introduce Mirror’s Edge to a new generation"
"making it a new experience"
"this is not Mirror's Edge 2"
"a vision that honors the first game"

But maybe it's going to be fine.

News Comments > Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer
9. Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer Jun 8, 2015, 17:09 ItBurn

nin wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 17:05:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 16:59:
Capcom is basically the devil's nicer cousin, which is still really evil. So, no support from me. If you're really interested in this, I suggest you wait for the version that includes all of the games, which is sure to come later.

Or get Mighty No. 9, when it comes out later this year.

I'm definitely interested in it, but I don't know... it looks like poopy :p Too much mega man, not enough mega man X. I'd be much more interested into something akin to Mega man zero on the gba or ZX on DS.

edit: I looked at a more recent vid and it seems a bit better than I thought, but I still hate the look.

edit2: What I'm really interested in is Bloodstained. Right guy, right studio(they made megaman zero and zx...).

News Comments > Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer
6. Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer Jun 8, 2015, 16:59 ItBurn

Capcom is basically the devil's nicer cousin, which is still really evil. So, no support from me. If you're really interested in this, I suggest you wait for the version that includes all of the games, which is sure to come later.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 8, 2015, 10:15 ItBurn

You can't really expect Uwe Boll to make sense :p  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 5, 2015, 11:12 ItBurn

Bell is awful. They offer the worst possible service and support. It truly is a nightmare to deal with them. The world would be a better place if they disappeared.  

News Comments > Steam Controller Video
9. Re: Steam Controller Video Jun 5, 2015, 11:09 ItBurn

I will do my part to make this more popular than the xbox controller for the sole purpose of saying f-u to Microsoft.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Jun 3, 2015, 03:56 ItBurn

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 19:29:
After watching the "Hatred" video, I can honestly say what a dumb game. I find it hilarious that anyone could even think this is entertaining. I mean seriously there are thousands of better shooters out there, how can you be so blind?

Well for one thing, this could be the game with the best environment destruction I've seen yet.

1178 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo