Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 858 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
24. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 28, 2013, 11:46 ItBurn

The guy had been missing for a while before the bombings, which is one reason why Reddit looked him up. He was probably dead before the bombings even happened.

I think that it's great that the public tries to play detective. It's not ok if you attack the suspects directly physically or with words though. That's where trained cops come in.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM Now The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a TPS Due in August
26. Re: XCOM Now The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a TPS Due in August Apr 26, 2013, 16:23 ItBurn

I wasn't interested in what looked like a generic fps. Now it's third person, which I like even less... I gotta say that the trailer, as a mood piece on its own, was cool.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
4. Re: Morning Patches Apr 25, 2013, 10:51 ItBurn

The real problem for me is that it doesn't have a main quest or just something that you have to complete. I like to mess around in an universe, but I need to know in the back of my mind that all of it will help in some meaningful way, like in solving the main quest later.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors
11. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 19:31 ItBurn

Ranger55 wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 19:26:
DarkCntry wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 19:17:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 18:43:
Scope Glare/Glint

And why wouldn't that be in the game?

Modern anti-glare and anti-reflection coatings on scopes can reduce or even eliminate it.

I'd rather have glare. It balances snipers. This is a game, not a simulation like arma. Play arma?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 18:18 ItBurn

All I want is user maps, dedicated standalone servers, mod support and a better solution than punk buster. lol  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Commander in Chief Edition for Preorders
4. Re: Saints Row IV Commander in Chief Edition for Preorders Apr 22, 2013, 23:41 ItBurn

3 was better than I expected. The story is a COMPLETE mess, nothing makes sense and the driving mechanics are idiotic, but the gameplay itself is pretty fun. I didn't like how they did the DLC though. It automatically added super-powerful items that you could use at any time for free... The whole progression and becoming powerful thing was gone.  

News Comments > Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million
20. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 15:27 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 15:14:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 07:02:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 04:20:
Super Meatboy did nothing for me, so I completely skipped this one (that, and the setting/subject matter seemed unappealing).

I never played Zelda, so I have no idea what "Zelda gameplay" is, but this game sounds like some kind of rogue-like?

I am not sure I understand how anyone, anywhere, at anytime, could comment on video games and not know what "Zelda gameplay" is....I just don't have words for how confused I am....if you google zelda gameplay, then google BIA gameplay....I would think it would be self explanatory....on top of that...are you saying you have never played the original Zelda?
I mean....I......but........
I have never owned a console, and seeing how much played stuff is in my Steam account I probably never will.

Wow. Play A link to the past on SNES or Link's awakening on GB/GBC. Great 2D games. With emulation, of course. There's probably not a lot left to play in your Steam library that is better. If you're a gaming fan or like game design, you should know what Zelda gameplay is.

Also, don't tell me you don't know what metroidvania is :p

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2013, 15:34.

18. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 10:51 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 04:20:
Super Meatboy did nothing for me, so I completely skipped this one (that, and the setting/subject matter seemed unappealing).

I never played Zelda, so I have no idea what "Zelda gameplay" is, but this game sounds like some kind of rogue-like?

Yeah I hated Meat Boy. This is a zelda dungeon rogue-like. Completely different, more polished, runs better and has better controls.

17. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 10:49 ItBurn

This is a great game. Addictive, challenging and insane replayability. The music is especially good. Check this remix out: Binding of Isaac medley  

News Comments > Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within
29. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 12:57 ItBurn

Undying was amazing, no doubt! Clive Barker went on to make Jericho, which bombed. I played it and I thought that the setting and atmosphere were pretty well done. It was kinda linear and lacked diversity though. I did enjoy it. I wish He'd try again with a new game...  

19. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 11:53 ItBurn

siapnar wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 11:39:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 10:14:
Am I alone in this?
Nope. I've never played more than 10 minutes of a game developed in Japan. Never liked the play style, stories, or characters.

Well there are some games that I do like, mostly 2D ones, but overall, when I see Japanese, my excitement goes way down.

9. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:14 ItBurn

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a gaming racist. It's extremely rare that japanese developers make games that I want to play or that I find fun. It's a mix of boring gameplay, generic concepts/way too over the top concepts, stupid story and bad characters. Am I alone in this?  

4. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 09:53 ItBurn

I do love horror games, but it's pretty rare that when you add "action" it turns out well. With what I've been shown, I see no reason to get excited... I know it's Bethesda, but it's not them making it...  

News Comments > Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games
21. Re: Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games Apr 18, 2013, 15:43 ItBurn

The latest Capcom game that I liked was Bionic Commando Rearmed in 2008... And it was borderline.  

News Comments > Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games
6. Re: Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games Apr 18, 2013, 09:58 ItBurn

You release shitty games that noone ever asked for, you do on-disc DLC, you treat consumers like shit, you rape your own franchises and after all that, you still blame it on "the market".  

News Comments > Another Bethesda Mini-Tease
17. Re: Another Bethesda Mini-Tease Apr 17, 2013, 19:49 ItBurn

CrashTestDummy wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 18:17:
I think its just a straight forward reference to the Flamethrower weapon from Return To Castle Wolfenstein and 2009's Wolfenstein by Raven.

RTCW has the best flame thrower ever.

News Comments > Bethesda Tease
13. Re: Bethesda Tease Apr 16, 2013, 17:56 ItBurn

Rattlehead wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 17:54:
Why the hell is it not fallout 4? It's what the fans want!

I'm pretty sure they could work on two big projects at the same time and be in pre-production for the third.

News Comments > Bethesda Tease
5. Re: Bethesda Tease Apr 16, 2013, 16:29 ItBurn

It can't be FO... Pete said no...  

News Comments > Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse Announced
5. Re: Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse Announced Apr 16, 2013, 09:40 ItBurn

This trailer is horrible. It looks horrible, amateurish and in no way makes me want to play the game. Maybe if I was a fan of Mickey himself... Who IS anyway? Kids aren't exposed to him in any way.  

News Comments > Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to "Next Adventure"
51. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 20:00 ItBurn

jimnms wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 19:36:
As a fan of the first two Fallout games, I thought FO3 was a good story set in the Fallout universe, but so much seemed unfinished and half assed about it. The main quest was linear, with only one set path. You had no say in what direction you wanted to go, your only option was to do as you were told, no alternatives. Many side quests were linear as well, with a few having one or more alternatives.

There were so many things wrong with FO3, it was almost as if the designers never played the originals. Whoever had the boneheaded idea to make ammo weightless should never be involved in designing another RPG again.

What Bethesda did right in FO3 was the world design, but then they failed hard with the quests taking place in only a small part of this wonderfully designed world. I love the setting of FO3 so much more than FNV. With it being so good, it still had so many little things wrong. It's been 200 years since the bombs fell, but you come across so many places that are untouched. Seriously, after 200 years you shouldn't find a convenient store fully stocked with food.

For FO4, let Bethesda pick the setting and build the world, then hand it over to Obsidian to populate it with stories and quests.

I agree with your point about the main quest. The side quests were awesome though. You could complete them in many different ways. No other game does it quite like FO3. Even NV. Also, it might not have made sense, but it really felt like you were the first person to come to some locations when you explored. You felt like you were almost alone in the world. It was a great feeling. In NV, there wasn't any feeling of survival. Food and water EVERYWHERE. Huge fields with crops... People thriving everywhere. Not as interesting.

858 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo