Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 926 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 14:39 ItBurn

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 14:23:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 13:50:
I feel that TED promises knowledge, science and stuff, but delivers fluff entertainment instead and that pisses me off a lot.
Well, there's the problem. I've never expected to learn anything of significance from a TED talk and reality has in this case met my expectations most of the time.

The first TED talks were amazing. They use that as a way to attract viewers, but they completely lost their way. There are still some good talks here and there...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 13:50 ItBurn

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 13:42:
It wasn't my intent to imply the TED talk was educational or informative. I said, and thought, it was "worth sharing", apparently you disagree. I was pretty amused by it, as were the two people I shared it with directly. Oh well, different strokes and all that...

I'm not saying you're an idiot or an asshole. Only that there's strong indication that you are. I'm kidding :p

I feel that TED promises knowledge, science and stuff, but delivers fluff entertainment instead and that pisses me off a lot.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 13:12 ItBurn

Bodolza wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 12:53:
Sorry, but that talk was not good. It was 9 minutes of off-topic bad jokes and 3 minutes of actual information.

TED used to be great, but for the last several years, it has started sucking, hard. I watched an interview with a guy who was a presenter there and he says that it's now a cult.
This particular talk wasn't very good. He could have explained his actual points in about 30 seconds and it would have been much clearer. Waste of 12 minutes. His points weren't that interesting either. I mean, we should think positively? No shit? A lot of fluff and unwanted entertainment.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 09:53 ItBurn

I watched it live. It was pretty damn epic. But the xbox has kinect! lol...

Fuck consoles though. Play on PC. Most games will come out for it and there's even some that are exclusive to a console, but also come out for PC.

News Comments > Titanfall Announced
27. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 15:34 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 15:29:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 15:25:
Cutter wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 15:20:
Don't; forget all the other ancillary fees that are going to come with the Failbox, so it doesn't stop at $500, oh no no no!

Extra controllers, battery packs, Xbox live, the 80$ games...
No, really, where are people getting these game price hikes from?

In one thread it's $70. In another it's $80. In general it's people talking out of their asses.

Yes, Amazon shows $99.99 for PS4 and Xbox One games. No, that isn't official.

Yeah, pulled from my ass. Still costs more than Steam.

24. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 15:25 ItBurn

Cutter wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 15:20:
Don't; forget all the other ancillary fees that are going to come with the Failbox, so it doesn't stop at $500, oh no no no!

Extra controllers, battery packs, Xbox live, the 80$ games...

16. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 15:08 ItBurn

Saw the E3 gameplay trailer. It definitely looked like a solid shooter, but I can't say it made me feel like it was more than "just another shooter". I'd had my fill of those.  

News Comments > Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC
13. Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC Jun 6, 2013, 23:23 ItBurn

Thanks Konami, but third person brawlers like these are not my cup of tea... I would buy a new 2D castlevania 10 times though.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein The New Order E3 Trailer
26. Re: Wolfenstein The New Order E3 Trailer Jun 6, 2013, 23:22 ItBurn

It looks really well made, but it also looks like just another shooter...  

News Comments > Hellraid E3 Trailer
9. Re: Hellraid E3 Trailer Jun 6, 2013, 23:19 ItBurn

It does seem like a lot of animations are from dead island, but I still think this looks great. Looks like melee painkiller.  

News Comments > New Diablo III Game Director
30. Re: New Diablo III Game Director Jun 6, 2013, 09:41 ItBurn

He doesn't mention the biggest single issue with the game. The complete lack of character progression. Pisses me off.  

News Comments > DuckTales: Remastered for PC This Summer
2. Re: DuckTales: Remastered for PC This Summer Jun 4, 2013, 20:09 ItBurn

Duck tales were some of my favorite games on the nes. Up there with the best of them. It's unexpected, but it's true. I'll probably buy these.  

News Comments > Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week
17. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 31, 2013, 09:38 ItBurn

ViRGE wrote on May 31, 2013, 05:04:
DangerDog wrote on May 30, 2013, 14:47:
or just skip the multiplayer since it only lasts a week before people drop it.
Indeed. This DLC looks great, but I have exactly zero interest in Crysis 3 MP, so it's entirely wasted on me.

Crysis 3 MP is a COD clone. Why would you play a COD clone when you can play COD. (why would you play COD is another question...). Maybe they added new modes?

News Comments > Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week
7. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 13:33 ItBurn

Kajetan wrote on May 30, 2013, 09:56:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on May 30, 2013, 09:46:
I tried out the multiplayer and there was about 6 games that actually had people in them and none of them were full.
Crytek burned people good with the MP in Far Cry. Since then its always the same ... no one plays, no one cares. At least on the PC.

Farcry 1 multiplayer is probably my favorite of all time. People said that it sucked because it was different from COD and people didn't want to learn it and have to suck again. That's the only possible reason because it was tight as hell.

News Comments > Hellraid Details
13. Re: Hellraid Details May 29, 2013, 09:46 ItBurn

Lots of coop nazis here. A coop that works with strangers is the exception. It's not "real" coop. It's just coop. Just like coop with kill stealing and loot ninjas is real coop too. I personally refuse to play coop games with strangers. It sucks. It's better with friends that you can talk to and coordinate with. Well, except when it's done in a novel way like in Journey.  

News Comments > Hellraid Details
1. Re: Hellraid Details May 28, 2013, 10:00 ItBurn

Definitely looks like a melee painkiller. And that's cool. It looks good so far.  

News Comments > PC Destiny Talk
27. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 18:03 ItBurn

Smellfinger wrote on May 24, 2013, 17:52:
ItBurn wrote on May 24, 2013, 11:28:
I'm in the Halo sucks category.

If you think Halo sucks, I can only imagine what you consider a good single player FPS.

What? There's tons of better single player shooters. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

News Comments > Terraria Content Update Plans
25. Re: Terraria Content Update Plans May 24, 2013, 17:14 ItBurn

Bhruic wrote on May 24, 2013, 17:09:
Agreed! I hate running with my hermes boots, only to hit that one block, get stopped, and have to wait to get them working again.

At the same time, it was really satisfying when you did a long sequence of jumping at just the right time. But I agree, it's better this way.

15. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 13:55 ItBurn

Parias wrote on May 24, 2013, 13:45:
I'm confused - what's so hard about playing FPS games on a console controller? Yes, it's not as responsive as a keyboard / mouse combo, but the console games are generally built around the controller concept so it balances out. Declaring them unplayable sounds like a bit of an exaggeration.

Don't get me wrong - I'm also a dominant PC gamer first and foremost (and I lean heavily into the sim market no less - I've got enough licensed DCS games and joysticks on my shelf to prove it) and I'd love to see games like Destiny come out on PC. But I also don't mind booting up my Xbox or PS3 every now and then for a fun romp through the singleplayer campaigns of Halo or the Metal Gear games just because I enjoy the production values, sci-fi storylines and co-op play (I don't really bother with the competitive multiplayer). A lot of console FPS games are hardly revolutionary, but games like Halo sell massive numbers for a good reason - I don't understand where the hate is coming from?

(I'm not trolling or trying to ruffle feathers, I'm just genuinely unclear on the line of logic)

Playing console games with a gamepad works, because like you said, they were designed around it, but that doesn't make them fun. Why would you go back to a gamepad when a mouse is SO much better. I'm not going to go into details, but it's infinitely better and allows for better gameplay and better features. So, we vote with our wallets. As for Halo, it's huge like that because it was the first console FPS which actually worked and had a huge audience. I mean, I played it, it's as generic as they go... I guess I got bored of shooters like these on PC and was already playing more advanced experiences at the time.

12. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 13:25 ItBurn

Acleacius wrote on May 24, 2013, 13:24:
...what we donít want is to compromise the core experience...
Too late, if it's made for the console, it's compromised.

lol, truth.

926 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo