Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 817 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 10:58 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 10:55:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 10:51:
JayDeath wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 10:46:
Wow, I dare you to find a negative review. I'm almost done with all those listed here and everyone seems to love the game, aside from a few complaints, and even those are hard to find. One of the reviews refers to the game as a 'watershed' moment for gaming. I can't wait to get home!

The lowest metacritic critic reviews(80s) have some pretty negative comments. These comments echoed the problems I had with the first Bioshock too, so it seems legit. Also, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade :p I just think people should be more objective and cautious.

Sure, you'll find negative comments for anything, people have different taste. Some people liked DA2 People should definitely be cautious and objective but in this case the game is out now and people have plenty of info to determine if its worth buying.

I think if someone disliked Bioshock then this game probably won't change their mind.

. Was also thinking about everyone who pre-ordered from here and how we keep saying we won't pre-order.....

I think this was a pretty low risk preorder. Tons of companies were throwing in freebies and credits that made it worth it regardless of how the game turned out. What tipped me over was someone linked those AMD Reloaded ebay things so I got this and the new Tomb Raider for like $51, a total steal IMHO.

A few days is NOT enough time for down to earth reviews of the game... Check back in a month.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 10:51 ItBurn

JayDeath wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 10:46:
Wow, I dare you to find a negative review. I'm almost done with all those listed here and everyone seems to love the game, aside from a few complaints, and even those are hard to find. One of the reviews refers to the game as a 'watershed' moment for gaming. I can't wait to get home!

The lowest metacritic critic reviews(80s) have some pretty negative comments. These comments echoed the problems I had with the first Bioshock too, so it seems legit. Also, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade :p I just think people should be more objective and cautious.

5. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 10:29 ItBurn

I haven't played the game, but there's no way it's "that" good. I may end up being wrong, but these are classic early super-high reviews and it's exactly what happened with Bioshock, which was good, but more like a 75-80.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer
16. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 25, 2013, 22:23 ItBurn

By rebate I meant, I'm going to pay 10$ for it... I already own xcom.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer
3. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 25, 2013, 19:35 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 19:25:
Well, the trailer looks good and the reviews have been glowing. I'm stoked to play this.

Bioshock looked good and the reviews were impossibly amazing, but while it started strong, it quickly became boring and repetitive. I was at the end boss and couldn't be bothered to finish it. Getting a similar vibe from this one, but I'm slightly interested in it. Reviews seem to say that the mechanics suck, but that it contains genuinely unique experiences. Will wait for rebate.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
22. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 20, 2013, 12:16 ItBurn

Trashy wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 12:04:
nwerner wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 10:52:
apparently Lord British considers 'Minecraft' an app--not a game.

Well it isn't much of a game, I'll agree with him there.

It's more of a game than 90% of all games you'll see on the market.

15. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 20, 2013, 10:20 ItBurn

wtf_man wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 10:10:
Moog wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 09:48:
Iíve met virtually no oneÖwho I think is close to as good a game designer as I am.

Because Tabula Rasa was *such* a good game!

Should have left that ego in orbit.

While I generally agree... I'm not sure what went on with that game, nor how much interference there was by other stakeholders. Granted, I can't fault NCSoft for pushing the game out when Garriot was working on it way way too long... but something tells me that it suffered from "Duke Nuke 'Em Forever Syndrom", with several "start over" phases.

Ultima IX was pure EA interference.

So, we'll see if he still has anything left, as a designer, when Shroud of the Avatar is done.

But yeah... he needs to keep that Ego in check, cuz his last few attempts ain't been all that great.

I actually loved U9. The amount of technical issues was staggering and it was apparently a blasphemy as far as an Ultima goes(I didn't care), but I had a ton of fun with it once I got it working.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Funded: Adds Stretch Goals
11. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Funded: Adds Stretch Goals Mar 20, 2013, 10:03 ItBurn

To me this still looks hooooorible.  

10. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 20, 2013, 09:55 ItBurn

I'm not sure Garriot is such a good designer, but I sure agree with what he's saying. It's something I've been thinking for a while. Designers are so damn lazy. They can't be bothered to even consider balancing game systems. They act like it's impossible. It's not f-ing impossible, spend time on it, do it properly. Old school designers have done it for a long time. This is just one of the aspects of course.

I don't think we can blame designers for lack of innovation though. This is because of publishers and investors. They basically want to make clones of games that made a lot of money. It's much safer.

News Comments > FEZ Coming to Steam
11. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 18, 2013, 23:12 ItBurn

ASeven wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 21:36:
Remember, the dev is the douche who said precious stuff as this. Now that his console incursion didn't bring him that much money he's back to PC gamers, hoping people forget how much of a douchenozzle he was.

Yeah I'm not giving this a-hole a cent. I'll get it for 0$ in a bundle or something. It's not like I have a lack of games to play.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition?
1. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 14:38 ItBurn

Holy shit that would be good.  

News Comments > Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
57. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 17:32 ItBurn

I, personally, think that the game looks awful. I'm not talking about graphics. I absolutely don't see why I should give money to this other than the Lord British name.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
4. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 10:17 ItBurn

Total-Khaos wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 10:11:
Since when does an action RPG get the MMORPG moniker? A persistent world doesn't automatically make it a MMORPG, just like GGG states here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/about/

The world's not persistent. The only persistent things are your character and it's items. Everything is randomized. It's as much a mmo as Diablo 2.

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
2. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 09:40 ItBurn

Zomg. Adding skills and improving the skill effects. This is pretty much the only thing, other than making monster's deaths more satisfying , that keeps the game from being amazing.  

News Comments > Dishonored Named GotY at BAFTAs
8. Re: Dishonored Named GotY at BAFTAs Mar 6, 2013, 10:50 ItBurn

Yakubs wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 10:43:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 09:59:
Well, you have to agree, these are the least offensive winners in years. Actual games with substance, complexity and a "niche" are winning.

:not sure if serious:

There's nothing substantial about any of those games. They're all about as dumbed-down and streamlined as it gets. And it's not like XCOM won any "overall" categories -- it won "best strategy game" which is a total joke considering Crusader Kings 2 came out in 2012.

Serious. There are no "game of the year"-good non-streamlined games out there. It's been like that for years. But at least there's no Call of Duty or other generic recycled crowd pleasers. These winners are as complex as AAA games can get nowadays. I mean, it blows my mind that Dishonored was even considered for game of the year...

News Comments > Dishonored Named GotY at BAFTAs
5. Re: Dishonored Named GotY at BAFTAs Mar 6, 2013, 09:59 ItBurn

Well, you have to agree, these are the least offensive winners in years. Actual games with substance, complexity and a "niche" are winning.  

News Comments > Thief (4) Details Inbound
34. Re: Thief (4) Details Inbound Mar 5, 2013, 14:42 ItBurn

To me Human Revolution was definitely awesome. It transcended gaming and I think about it still from time to time. Not saying it was perfect, but it was truly touching and yes, more than the sum of it's parts. On the other hand, I didn't like the previous games :p  

News Comments > Thief (4) Details Inbound
19. Re: Thief (4) Details Inbound Mar 5, 2013, 13:29 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 12:59:
Come on, they made DE:HR and it was awesome. Give them a little faith.

Creston

The boss fights were outsourced to another studio. So, you don't need to worry about that. There's no way that this will be a pure thief experience. It's gonna be mass marketed and you'll probably be able to complete every mission rambo-style. Thief is too niche sadly. It worked with DE:HR because, well, it already had a pretty wide appeal and offered many different play styles. I have to say that I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, but this is my opinion.

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
19. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 4, 2013, 15:15 ItBurn

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 15:04:
Strange it may be, but it's easy for them to do. They wouldn't give away a more complicated solution for free. "Complicated" being overhauling the entire game's balance, because as I said, you can't just increase the skill caps or otherwise add any more power that the game isn't designed for. It's bad enough as it is.

But as one of those players that consciously shifts playstyle after leveling up one of them (such as bow + light armor + sneak), I'd gladly reset those in order to use them again. Not sure why more of you don't feel the same, if playing a god isn't fun for you? It's the journey of progression and getting better over time that is satisfying, and this is a chance to do that over and over again.

Well I would like to continue using the skills I like, but it's not a good idea unless you've raised every other skill to 100. Once that's done, now you can start reusing your initial skills. And that takes a looooong time.

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
7. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 4, 2013, 14:07 ItBurn

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 14:04:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 14:01:
I saw a naked courrier myself once in Dragonborn.

I don't understand the "legendary" skills. They go back down to 15 and you lose the perks. It sounds like the opposite of legendary.

But then you train them again, and continue leveling up forever (getting additional health/stamina/magicka each time).

Yeah, but perhaps it makes yourself legendary, but the skills just start sucking instead of becoming "legendary". It would be cool if you got something from it. Like, the ability for the skill to go to 101 or something. That would justify the "legendary" label.

817 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo