Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 817 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to "Next Adventure"
26. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 14:11 ItBurn

Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 14:07:
Why do you all want Elswyr so much? I"d much rather have the Black Marsh. Utilize some underwater adventures with the Argonians. Ruined towers in the swamps, trolls, etc. Black Marsh would be hella more cool than Elsewyr!

Black Marsh is swamps (we've had a lot of it in Morrowind) and Elsweir is plains (boooring). I vote Valenwood or summerset island

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 14:09 ItBurn

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 14:03:
Rattlehead wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 11:43:
Good, now get to work on Fallout 4.

Good god, no. Skyrim vastly exceeded expectations and was a superb title, but it only exceeded expectations because Fallout 3 was so ghastly. Bethesda needs to stick to what they do well rather than mangling vastly different franchises until they fit the mold that Bethesda has made for itself.

FO3 was an amazing game and I liked it better than NV like many other people. It was ghastly if you were a fallout 1-2 fan and expected a clone of these, because it's a completely different game.

As for the new engine. On one hand, yes, their engine is super old. On the other, it runs AMAZING and it's getting pretty decent looking now. If they start over with a new engine, a lot of effort will be put into implementing the base system and a lot less effort will be put into adding amazing features. Also, if they reuse the old engine, but use the next gen ressources, I'm sure they can do a major leap in graphics and world complexity.

19. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 13:46 ItBurn

I'm pretty sure the next game is FO4. It's way too early for a new ES game. The switch from fantasy to post-apoc will be refreshing for their main dev team.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 14, 2013, 15:20 ItBurn

Skyrim is amazing, no doubt. Worth more than 60$. It is quite simplified compared to it's predecessors, and that pains me, but as a game on it's own, wow.

I bought Dishonored and played about 7 hours. Only done the first main quest mission... It's pretty good so far, but damn the graphics can be bad. HORRIBLE textures. Not Rage bad, but close.

News Comments > Wesp5's Patches And Kickstarter - Updated
3. Re: Wesp5's Patches And Kickstarter Apr 5, 2013, 22:09 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 22:07:
Wesp's support for broken games that were abandoned by publishers and developers is pretty awesome.

Sanguine Nights looks like it could be interesting but the focus on multiplayer is a bit of a put-off. If multiplayer had been a stretch goal instead of single-player, I'd likely fund it. Also, the reward tier descriptions aren't clear enough. It's nice to want to add some flair and style to them but clarity is what matters most when asking people for money.

Look down. There are images with clear descriptions.

I think they should drop multiplayer altogether. There's no stretch goal high enough for a solid single player campaign.

News Comments > Wesp5's Patches And Kickstarter - Updated
1. Re: Wesp5's Patches And Kickstarter Apr 5, 2013, 22:03 ItBurn

I love, LOVE Bloodlines. While I also love their work on Bloodlines, I can't say that I'm confident that they can deliver a game of that caliber. The multiplayer checkbox alone breaks everything for me. I didn't like Bloodlines because it was about vampires, but because it was an amazing game.  

News Comments > Minecraft PC Sells $10MM; "Subtly" Teases Horses
25. Re: Minecraft PC Sells $10MM; Apr 5, 2013, 17:28 ItBurn

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 17:25:
Wait, you complain that vanilla is to bland, and then complain FTB is too much stuff? Nice.

Your mom. Tekkit has as much stuff if not more, except that it doesn't make the world look stupid and keeps things manageable and in the spirit of minecraft.

I actually play FTB now, but that's because I got bored of Tekkit...

23. Re: Minecraft PC Sells $10MM; Apr 5, 2013, 17:15 ItBurn

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 17:13:
Feed the Beast seems to have some popularity. http://feed-the-beast.com/

The problem with FTB is that it adds WAAAAY too many mineral types. It looks dumb and there's just too much stuff to take note of.

21. Re: Minecraft PC Sells $10MM; Apr 5, 2013, 17:10 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 17:00:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 16:01:
They're doing a terrrible job of updating the game.
Modders have done soooo much more.

I'd settle for a few new monster types to fight.

What mods do people rec?

Tekkit. Doesn't add too much crap to the world, but there's an assload of new items that you can craft. Many overpowered, but require tons of materials. It adds a lot of high level gameplay and is the only way to go if you want to create amazing structures outside of creative mode.

17. Re: Minecraft PC Sells $10MM; Apr 5, 2013, 16:17 ItBurn

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 16:12:
Oh, I don't think so. I still prefer vanilla Minecraft to any of the mods. There are a lot of good ones, but I like to keep it simple.

I went around the block enough times with the vanilla minecraft that there's no reason to play it more. All I'm saying is that they're barely doing any work on the game while modders do a shitload and it's much harder for them.

15. Re: Minecraft PC Sells $10MM; Apr 5, 2013, 16:01 ItBurn

They're doing a terrrible job of updating the game.
Modders have done soooo much more.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Apr 3, 2013, 09:57 ItBurn

I had no problem with Metro, but don't dismiss this guy. There are tons of games where I was in the minority(large minority) that had a problem. Walking dead and battlefield 3 come to mind. I got a new computer and now BF3 works fine, but Walking Dead refuses to work. F*ck Telltale. Both excellent games, but you have to know that you're paying cash and having a 15% chance that the game won't work for you and there's nothing you can do.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Evening Q&As Apr 3, 2013, 09:52 ItBurn

If it had full support for keyboard and mouse by sony and also by every developer, I might actually use a PS4.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Apr 2, 2013, 23:22 ItBurn

Almost got spec ops: the line and darkness 2 for $5... I've been wanting to play spec ops. But then I remembered that I have a GAZILLION games to play. I must be getting old. Also, I feel bad that $5 is too much for me to pay...  

News Comments > Jay Wilson: Auction Houses "Really Hurt" Diablo III
91. Re: Jay Wilson: Auction Houses Mar 29, 2013, 19:14 ItBurn

wtf_man wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 19:05:
Jivaro wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 18:21:
Thank you indie developers for allowing me to keep my hobby. The so-called AAA market apparently believes that it's consumer base is a recyclable resource with unlimited funds and a short term memory. The cynic in me can't really argue its them as the mainstream gaming consumer has so far been willing to bend over and take it. I just wish the indie developers were the ones in control of Diablo.

Well Said.

That's called Path of Exile. It has excellent mechanics overall. It's just not as polished as D3.

News Comments > Crytek Plans Darksiders Bid
14. Re: Crytek Plans Darksiders Bid Mar 29, 2013, 17:41 ItBurn

Playing Darksiders 2 right now. About 20 hours in. I'm giving it a 76.8342%. It's fairly long, maybe too long. Everything is well made, it's not like there's too much filler, but I don't know, it's not quite engaging enough. I think that the second game is better than the first in every way. I like it, but I can't say I'm really wanting more...

The games work great with a mouse.

71. Re: Jay Wilson: Auctions Houses Mar 29, 2013, 14:43 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 14:37:
Another complaint about character customization. I gain new abilities as I progress, but I don't feel those abilities progressing. The abilities feel the same level after level.

You're not gaining new abilities, you're basically going through a 60 level tutorial and at the end you are able to use all the skills available to your character.

We need to be able to put points in skills to make them stronger and customize our character. Even if a skill isn't the best in the game, we can put points in it to make it at least viable.

61. Re: Jay Wilson: Auctions Houses Mar 29, 2013, 14:00 ItBurn

This usually makes me feel better: Jay memes  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Double-XP Weekend
2. Re: MechWarrior Online Double-XP Weekend Mar 28, 2013, 20:40 ItBurn

I didn't know this was out...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - TACTICAL INTERVENTION
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - TACTICAL INTERVENTION Mar 28, 2013, 20:40 ItBurn

Is it free to play? It's not clear.  

817 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo