Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 877 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
20. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 22, 2013, 22:02 ItBurn

Microsoft has been shitting on PC since forever and we've gotten this far. Third party devs will continue releasing PC versions and Steam will continue to dominate. Regardless of if Microsoft wants it or not.

Also Blue, you're saying they have a list, but I don't see any list in there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
38. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 16:18 ItBurn

Orogogus wrote on May 21, 2013, 16:12:
NegaDeath wrote on May 21, 2013, 16:05:
PropheT wrote on May 21, 2013, 15:57:
I don't know if you realize it or not, but they already do that. There was a Mountain Dew XP bonus tied to Halo 4 and I think to the last CoD or two as well.

In my scenario the Kinect was watching what the person was drinking like an electronic stalker and recommended a brand change.

Mountain Dew is a PepsiCo brand, though.

Selling competing products is actually a great strategy. I wouldn't be surprised if pepsico and coca cola are both owned by the same group if you drew the ownership tree.

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
36. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 16:11 ItBurn

It definitely feels like "same old same old" as far as a consoles go, but the 8 gigs of ram is great! This means that we'll finally get console ports on PCs that take advantage of the ram. In my opinion, ram was the biggest problem, severily limiting gameplay possibilities and detail.
I see it has 8 cores. I doubt games will use that many, or at least, efficiently. And CPU has never been the bottleneck. GPU is where it's at. Do we have any info on the GPU? From all the "ingame" stuff we've seen, it doesn't seem too powerful, maybe like a 300-400$ video card.
By the way, I'm going to say that they pulled a Killzone 2 with EA's "ingame" sports games trailer...

News Comments > PlanetSide Going F2P
5. Re: PlanetSide Going F2P May 21, 2013, 10:55 ItBurn

Why spend time on this?
As far as Planetside 2 goes, I played a couple of hours and I had no fun. Huge world, but completely empty and static. Unsatisfying shooting, generic looking, feels unpolished. It felt like things were made of cardboard and that they may glitch at any time.
I know a lot of you are fans, and that's fine, continue enjoying it, but it wasn't for me. I prefer the tight feel of BF3 even if the maps are tiny compared.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Reboot This Fall; New Trailer
11. Re: Shadow Warrior Reboot This Fall; New Trailer May 20, 2013, 11:10 ItBurn

Slashman wrote on May 20, 2013, 11:08:
ItBurn wrote on May 20, 2013, 10:31:
A "reimagining" is NOT ok. You can do that if there were several sequels, but not when there was only one game. What people want is more Shadow Warrior, not a different game. Use a different name in this case! I can understand the business decision, but this is going to do one of two things:
1- Game is bad, franchise destroyed, no Shadow Warrior sequels.
2- Game is good, you'll never see a game like the original Shadow Warrior, because this is the new style.
In summary, bad for Shadow Warrior fans.
Might still be a good game. Hard reset was OK.

I'm curious to know how many actual Shadow Warrior fans you think even exist right now. It's 16 years old and like you said, never had a sequel.

People always jump in with this idea of the fans of a nearly 20 year old game are so plentiful that it will cause a massive outrage if the game isn't identical to the original. If you asked the average gamer about Shadow Warrior, do you think they'd even remember it?

Hell I want a NOLF sequel and I doubt I'll get it because the fanbase probably isn't there. So they'd be making it for a new set of fans. And it would likely differ from the original because games have changed somewhat after a decade.

It doesn't matter. You use another name.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Reboot This Fall; New Trailer
9. Re: Shadow Warrior Reboot This Fall; New Trailer May 20, 2013, 10:31 ItBurn

A "reimagining" is NOT ok. You can do that if there were several sequels, but not when there was only one game. What people want is more Shadow Warrior, not a different game. Use a different name in this case! I can understand the business decision, but this is going to do one of two things:
1- Game is bad, franchise destroyed, no Shadow Warrior sequels.
2- Game is good, you'll never see a game like the original Shadow Warrior, because this is the new style.
In summary, bad for Shadow Warrior fans.
Might still be a good game. Hard reset was OK.

News Comments > Obsidian Joins Skyforge Team
6. Re: Obsidian Joins Skyforge Team May 19, 2013, 16:24 ItBurn

Just what we need. Another generic looking fantasy mmorpg. Are they really thinking this is a good business decision?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
31. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2013, 16:21 ItBurn

Mad Max RW wrote on May 19, 2013, 16:09:
What are you even talking about? People bash religions all the time, but the only one today that encourages millions of people around the world to respond back with violence is Islam. Look at the Muslim Brotherhood sweeping the Middle East. But no let's focus on Christianity and how all those people who follow it today are ignorant clowns. Let's tear them down instead because you're too stupid to understand why they believe in anything at all.

I'm not the slightest bit religious, but I have way more respect for people who are and leave others alone instead of the assholes who think criticizing them is somehow enlightening.

Religions create a lot more problems than just violence! But yeah, some are worse than others.

28. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2013, 15:14 ItBurn

Quinn wrote on May 19, 2013, 14:55:
Overon: Well said.

ItBurns: Tell me you're kidding me? Don't go all Mass Effect on us :O

I find it hilarious how the first poster got that "hate speech!" reply, with Blues even saying he felt like deleting the post. It's fucking ridiculous.

People deserve respect, their religion and ideas do not. Exactly like Overon said. When a person tells me he believes in a talking snake, I laugh in his face. There's no crime in ridiculing religion. If you ask me, it's high time to do so.

I do believe we're JUST machines. Are you religious or do you believe in a soul or something? I mean, it's not far fetched or strange.

22. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2013, 13:39 ItBurn

Overon wrote on May 19, 2013, 13:32:
When would a robot be worthy of ethical consideration?

Humans are robots made with biological matter instead of synthetic matter.

7. Re: Game Reviews May 18, 2013, 20:06 ItBurn

Their reviews are actually kinda good. They review games like any other site, but they add the "moral" score at the end for those who'd want to know. They barely talk about it. It's kind of a bummer because it would be a lot more entertaining to read the perspective of a crazy christian. I think their earlier reviews were more like that.  

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Announced
17. Re: 7 Days to Die Announced May 17, 2013, 17:47 ItBurn

siapnar wrote on May 17, 2013, 17:29:
The graphics look like they couldn't decide whether to go full voxel or try their hand at realism.
The failed on both counts, and shoved them together as one. It truly looks horrendous.
Why not just go full voxel? Right now it looks ridiculous. Especially that shot of the realistic deer on top of a blocky hill.

Graphics aside, looks like the gameplay has some innovations, and hopefully it lives up to the claims.

Also, they blatantly tried to copy the 28 Day's later theme.

I disagree. I really like the look. It looks a bit rough though. Not cube rough, just pre-alpha rough.

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Announced
14. Re: 7 Days to Die Announced May 17, 2013, 15:11 ItBurn

I don't know why, but this is the only Minecraft clone that looks interesting to me.  

News Comments > Dawngate, EA's MOBA Game Revealed
13. Re: Dawngate, EA's MOBA Game Revealed May 16, 2013, 11:16 ItBurn

Verno wrote on May 16, 2013, 11:13:
ItBurn wrote on May 16, 2013, 11:09:
I can't understand why people like MOBA games. It sucks. Same thing over and over. Interaction is extremely limited. I mean sure there's tons of different heroes, but who cares... I guess the attraction may be that it's so simple to play. Wow has proven that simple beats "good" in the general population.

I don't love them or something but the itemization, hero skill, teamwork elements and ability to think on your fee make it seem deceptively simple, MOBA games actually have a very high skill ceiling and more strategy than people realize.

They are far from simple but you really need to play one for an extended period of time to wrap your around it, if you just play a few games or watch some casts they don't seem like much.

I absolutely get that there's lots of strategy. I can understand the simple to learn/tough to master angle. I just don't understand why people find MOBAs fun.

News Comments > Dawngate, EA's MOBA Game Revealed
11. Re: Dawngate, EA's MOBA Game Revealed May 16, 2013, 11:09 ItBurn

I can't understand why people like MOBA games. It sucks. Same thing over and over. Interaction is extremely limited. I mean sure there's tons of different heroes, but who cares... I guess the attraction may be that it's so simple to play. Wow has proven that simple beats "good" in the general population.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Trailer
10. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Trailer May 14, 2013, 18:03 ItBurn

deleted  

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
31. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 13:41 ItBurn

Jivaro wrote on May 14, 2013, 12:43:
Saboth wrote on May 14, 2013, 11:52:
Recently, I got sort of bored with the 3rd playthrough on Torchlight 2 and felt the need for a new Diabloish game. I searched around, and thought about Path of Exile, but you know, I'd rather wait for the retail experience. So, instead I picked up Sacred 2 and it's really pretty good. Still managing to avoid D3 like the plague, hurray.

Sacred 2, particularly with the expansion, is an excellent game. I don't know if it has the same kind of replayability as many games of the genre, but the 1st time or two through it was a great gaming experience for me. Some of the hidden "easter egg" type stuff is kinda corny, but fun none the less.

Also, you shouldn't bother waiting on PoE. The game is great and the character wipes are done. I don't think it really is ever going to be any more "retail" than it is now. The experience is simply going to evolve and get more and more polished over time, just like any other online game. Since it is free, I enthusiastically recommend giving it a shot if you are a fan of the genre.

Sacred 2 was a pile of poop. That's my opinion anyway.

I fully agree with PoE though.

You probably already all played it, but Titan Quest is a great diablo clone that still looks great today.

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
6. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 10:16 ItBurn

Verno wrote on May 14, 2013, 09:51:
Mr. Tact wrote on May 14, 2013, 09:15:
So depressing... was really looking forward to a great D3. Here is to hoping an expansion makes it worth acquiring...

I think an expansion could really turn the game around. The new producer seems to get it more than Jay Wilson whose robotic approach to development made the game feel very shallow, not to mention his weird antagonism of the community. Unfortunately he's forced to deal with many design decisions that you can't really resolve with a small patch.

The auction houses are a bit of a problem though, in a game all about loot collection you can't really have perfect rolls of every item front and center, it diminishes the drops you do find and makes everyone seek the top percentile loot while ignoring many potential upgrades.

I have faith that an expansion could fix the game. Getting good items seems somewhat fixed now from what I heard, but there's still no character progression. Namely, putting points in skills to make them better, so that you can play the way you want to and have multiple characters of the same class.

News Comments > More Watch_Dogs Footage
24. Re: More Watch_Dogs Footage May 13, 2013, 20:24 ItBurn

I'm going to add a different point of view on AI. The best AI I've seen in games has been labeled as "horrible" by gamers like you, many of which actually roam here. All of this because, rarely, they do something dumb. Or sometimes because they do something perfectly fine, but that you just don't understand. The AI was complex and did amazing things, but in these incredibly detailed and dynamic games, they failed sometimes. But when it worked, wow. That's not what you want though. You'd rather have the dumbest AI, more like auto-aiming turrets, if it meant you'd never have to see them make a mistake. Anyway, that's what I've seen happening and every time it did, I saw games walk away from trying to do real AI.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gameplay Video
14. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 14:54 ItBurn

This looks like an expansion. It looks exactly like 3. I mean, the whole super powers thing is exactly the same as in the 3rd. The only difference seems to be that there's more stuff in it. If you told me that this was Saint Rows 3, I wouldn't have questionned it. Can't say I blame them, and I can't say that I don't want to play it, but I'm never going to pay 60$.  

877 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo