Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 871 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Hellraid Details
1. Re: Hellraid Details May 28, 2013, 10:00 ItBurn

Definitely looks like a melee painkiller. And that's cool. It looks good so far.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Destiny Talk
27. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 18:03 ItBurn

Smellfinger wrote on May 24, 2013, 17:52:
ItBurn wrote on May 24, 2013, 11:28:
I'm in the Halo sucks category.

If you think Halo sucks, I can only imagine what you consider a good single player FPS.

What? There's tons of better single player shooters. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

News Comments > Terraria Content Update Plans
25. Re: Terraria Content Update Plans May 24, 2013, 17:14 ItBurn

Bhruic wrote on May 24, 2013, 17:09:
Agreed! I hate running with my hermes boots, only to hit that one block, get stopped, and have to wait to get them working again.

At the same time, it was really satisfying when you did a long sequence of jumping at just the right time. But I agree, it's better this way.

15. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 13:55 ItBurn

Parias wrote on May 24, 2013, 13:45:
I'm confused - what's so hard about playing FPS games on a console controller? Yes, it's not as responsive as a keyboard / mouse combo, but the console games are generally built around the controller concept so it balances out. Declaring them unplayable sounds like a bit of an exaggeration.

Don't get me wrong - I'm also a dominant PC gamer first and foremost (and I lean heavily into the sim market no less - I've got enough licensed DCS games and joysticks on my shelf to prove it) and I'd love to see games like Destiny come out on PC. But I also don't mind booting up my Xbox or PS3 every now and then for a fun romp through the singleplayer campaigns of Halo or the Metal Gear games just because I enjoy the production values, sci-fi storylines and co-op play (I don't really bother with the competitive multiplayer). A lot of console FPS games are hardly revolutionary, but games like Halo sell massive numbers for a good reason - I don't understand where the hate is coming from?

(I'm not trolling or trying to ruffle feathers, I'm just genuinely unclear on the line of logic)

Playing console games with a gamepad works, because like you said, they were designed around it, but that doesn't make them fun. Why would you go back to a gamepad when a mouse is SO much better. I'm not going to go into details, but it's infinitely better and allows for better gameplay and better features. So, we vote with our wallets. As for Halo, it's huge like that because it was the first console FPS which actually worked and had a huge audience. I mean, I played it, it's as generic as they go... I guess I got bored of shooters like these on PC and was already playing more advanced experiences at the time.

12. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 13:25 ItBurn

Acleacius wrote on May 24, 2013, 13:24:
...what we donít want is to compromise the core experience...
Too late, if it's made for the console, it's compromised.

lol, truth.

5. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 11:28 ItBurn

I'm in the Halo sucks category. Generic space marine fighting generic space aliens with generic shooter gameplay. I do like the look of the ring though, but that's not a lot to hold on to... I'm somewhat interested in their game and would probably play it on PC. F consoles though.  

News Comments > Terraria Content Update Plans
12. Re: Terraria Content Update Plans May 24, 2013, 11:26 ItBurn

After "completing" the game twice, I have absolutely ZERO interest in replaying this. Regardless of new content. But it's a great game. Kinda like a 2D minecraft, but it's much more focused on combat and exploration rather than building. In fact, building SUCKS if you ask me.  

News Comments > Dying Light Announced
14. Re: Dying Light Announced May 23, 2013, 15:41 ItBurn

A zombie game should be you, trying to scavenge and survive in a big open world. Dead Island did it somewhat, but it was more a linear, focused story than a living world. I think it looks cool! I don't think there ever was a proper zombie game.  

News Comments > Need for Speed Rivals Announced
7. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Announced May 23, 2013, 15:18 ItBurn

F*ck the new NFS games. They aren't NFS.  

News Comments > Atari Fire Sale
9. Re: Atari Fire Sale May 23, 2013, 10:45 ItBurn

Blood! Perhaps we'll finally get a remake! Atari shat on it earlier this year.  

News Comments > Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for PCs This Summer
9. Re: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for PCs This Summer May 22, 2013, 23:18 ItBurn

Sepharo wrote on May 22, 2013, 23:10:
That's what I was getting at

I like to read myself say your things :p

7. Re: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for PCs This Summer May 22, 2013, 22:06 ItBurn

Sepharo wrote on May 22, 2013, 20:58:
Rattlehead wrote on May 22, 2013, 20:26:
As far as fighting games go mortal kombat is pretty bad. The fighting mechanics are not very in depth and the action is slow and bland. I never understood the fascination with Mortal Kombat, and I suspect it's only popular because it's so damn violent. It doesn't help that there are HUGE character imbalances too with some clearly being superior to others *cough* Jax *cough*

The one fighting game I really want to come to PC is Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. I read a rumor that Capcom would love to release a PC SKU but Marvel is holding back the rights. But beggars can't be choosers I guess.

I've never really been a big fan of fighters but from what I've heard MK (surprising to me) is one the big competition games these days. I have a handful of friends who attend the tournaments and post in the various communities and they're talking about MK.

The old MK games had a TERRIBLE fighting system, but the latest one apparently has a professional grade one.

6. Re: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for PCs This Summer May 22, 2013, 22:05 ItBurn

F*** yeah.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing May 22, 2013, 22:04 ItBurn

Need reviews of this asap. Looks good.  

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
20. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 22, 2013, 22:02 ItBurn

Microsoft has been shitting on PC since forever and we've gotten this far. Third party devs will continue releasing PC versions and Steam will continue to dominate. Regardless of if Microsoft wants it or not.

Also Blue, you're saying they have a list, but I don't see any list in there.

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
38. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 16:18 ItBurn

Orogogus wrote on May 21, 2013, 16:12:
NegaDeath wrote on May 21, 2013, 16:05:
PropheT wrote on May 21, 2013, 15:57:
I don't know if you realize it or not, but they already do that. There was a Mountain Dew XP bonus tied to Halo 4 and I think to the last CoD or two as well.

In my scenario the Kinect was watching what the person was drinking like an electronic stalker and recommended a brand change.

Mountain Dew is a PepsiCo brand, though.

Selling competing products is actually a great strategy. I wouldn't be surprised if pepsico and coca cola are both owned by the same group if you drew the ownership tree.

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
36. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 16:11 ItBurn

It definitely feels like "same old same old" as far as a consoles go, but the 8 gigs of ram is great! This means that we'll finally get console ports on PCs that take advantage of the ram. In my opinion, ram was the biggest problem, severily limiting gameplay possibilities and detail.
I see it has 8 cores. I doubt games will use that many, or at least, efficiently. And CPU has never been the bottleneck. GPU is where it's at. Do we have any info on the GPU? From all the "ingame" stuff we've seen, it doesn't seem too powerful, maybe like a 300-400$ video card.
By the way, I'm going to say that they pulled a Killzone 2 with EA's "ingame" sports games trailer...

News Comments > PlanetSide Going F2P
5. Re: PlanetSide Going F2P May 21, 2013, 10:55 ItBurn

Why spend time on this?
As far as Planetside 2 goes, I played a couple of hours and I had no fun. Huge world, but completely empty and static. Unsatisfying shooting, generic looking, feels unpolished. It felt like things were made of cardboard and that they may glitch at any time.
I know a lot of you are fans, and that's fine, continue enjoying it, but it wasn't for me. I prefer the tight feel of BF3 even if the maps are tiny compared.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Reboot This Fall; New Trailer
11. Re: Shadow Warrior Reboot This Fall; New Trailer May 20, 2013, 11:10 ItBurn

Slashman wrote on May 20, 2013, 11:08:
ItBurn wrote on May 20, 2013, 10:31:
A "reimagining" is NOT ok. You can do that if there were several sequels, but not when there was only one game. What people want is more Shadow Warrior, not a different game. Use a different name in this case! I can understand the business decision, but this is going to do one of two things:
1- Game is bad, franchise destroyed, no Shadow Warrior sequels.
2- Game is good, you'll never see a game like the original Shadow Warrior, because this is the new style.
In summary, bad for Shadow Warrior fans.
Might still be a good game. Hard reset was OK.

I'm curious to know how many actual Shadow Warrior fans you think even exist right now. It's 16 years old and like you said, never had a sequel.

People always jump in with this idea of the fans of a nearly 20 year old game are so plentiful that it will cause a massive outrage if the game isn't identical to the original. If you asked the average gamer about Shadow Warrior, do you think they'd even remember it?

Hell I want a NOLF sequel and I doubt I'll get it because the fanbase probably isn't there. So they'd be making it for a new set of fans. And it would likely differ from the original because games have changed somewhat after a decade.

It doesn't matter. You use another name.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Reboot This Fall; New Trailer
9. Re: Shadow Warrior Reboot This Fall; New Trailer May 20, 2013, 10:31 ItBurn

A "reimagining" is NOT ok. You can do that if there were several sequels, but not when there was only one game. What people want is more Shadow Warrior, not a different game. Use a different name in this case! I can understand the business decision, but this is going to do one of two things:
1- Game is bad, franchise destroyed, no Shadow Warrior sequels.
2- Game is good, you'll never see a game like the original Shadow Warrior, because this is the new style.
In summary, bad for Shadow Warrior fans.
Might still be a good game. Hard reset was OK.

871 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo