Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 940 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rise of the Triad
22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rise of the Triad Jul 31, 2013, 13:35 ItBurn

I don't know, the Giant bomb quick look looked much better than you guys make it out to be.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Lighting Tech Demo Video
10. Re: Lighting Tech Demo Video Jul 31, 2013, 11:50 ItBurn

Quboid wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 10:46:
I can't remember the last time I was impressed by an engine technology like this. There's plenty of impressive looking games around but at this point (and with certain other gaming platforms weighing us down), the returns on faster hardware and new APIs is minimal. The quality of the art direction and the art its self matters so much more, whether you're going for gritty realism or something more stylised.

Things like coloured lighting! Transparent water! Real-time shadows! Translucent glass! Particle systems! All of them were cool when they were introduced and built on for the first few years but it seems like a long time since there's been anything like that and I don't expect anything to come along.

Perhaps it's not diminishing returns on hardware power, but my age. Perhaps I'm too old and ambient occlusion actually is as awesome as Quake 3's curved surfaces.

Games that use proper high res dynamic lighting and shadows are extremely rare. This kind of stuff is impressive, but you seldom see it. The only games that have it that come to mind are Doom 3 and FEAR 1. I think some modern games have it, but the resolution of it is terrible. That's the kind of stuff that I'd find impressive.

7. Re: Lighting Tech Demo Video Jul 31, 2013, 10:00 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 00:55:
If by "currently" you mean games before Battlefield 3... Frostbite 2 was pretty damn revolutionary ^^

And this tech was developed for Frostbite 2.. which is why BF3 and BF4 look alike. BF3 is already using it.

Other than the constant and massive lens flares (which I don't really consider lighting tech. More like a sprite overlay), I don't see what's so revolutionary about the lighting in BF3.

4. Re: Lighting Tech Demo Video Jul 30, 2013, 20:11 ItBurn

I can't tell if it's good or not... I guess that's good? I can't say I've been blown away by the lighting or that it actually looked better than what we currently have... which is unimpressive...  

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jul 29, 2013, 21:22 ItBurn

raVen wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 21:18:
to sum things up:
Developer speaks his mind without framing it, causing people to get pissed. I'm going to pick the: You need to play my game on a couch.
To be honest it seemed Phil rarely chose to take the high road, or try to be professional in any manner. I've been on show floors demoing games, it's a different experience than one expects. While I've never had anyone play the game I'm showing and tell me it's shit to my face, I've had people tell me they weren't interested. Sure, it's tough to deal with when you've put 4-5 years of your life into it, but that doesn't mean you can't be professional.
(I want to go off on Phil about the Japanese games comment he made, while yes he was speaking his mind, he intentionally said it in the most inflammatory way possible with a huge grin on his face too. Very shitty thing to do to any kind of fan, especially fellow developer.)

Add some Press being unprofessional into the mix (Which wow, press has become pretty unprofessional the past 5 years in games.) and I can even see not wanting to work with those press outlets anymore too.

BUT: Phil if you ever see this take a damn chill pill. You are not what people see on the net. You are not Fez; or even just guy who made Fez. You're more than that. And seriously? Grow up.

He wasn't speaking his mind... Make no mistake, he was a total asshole on so many occasions.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jul 29, 2013, 21:16 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 21:04:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 20:57:
Beer didn't just come out of the blue and insult Fish. Fish had it coming for a looong time. And what beer said was barely an insult. The worst he said was basically that he was a hipster. OH NO!

He said far worse than just "hipster."
And it wasn't this that did it. This was the straw that broke the camel's back. It's amazing to me that so many people on this very board go "I wouldn't even pee on him if I was drunk and he was on fire! His skin is so thin! He cries too much because someone called him a douchebag and said they wanted to rape his mom! It isn't that bad!"

The guy got more shit in an hour than most people get in a lifetime. Someone, I think it was Verno, said he had a toxic personality. This is very true. He absolutely conducted himself in a way that led to this kind of response. But that doesn't excuse the thousands of faceless people constantly telling him how much they wished he was dead.

Like, you know, people in the other topic on this very board...

I never claimed it was ok for people to tell him to die... It's not ok, but Fish has conducted himself like an absolute asshole and this backlash was totally to be expected. This is a business, and if you act like that and have this position in the industry, this happens. I guess you might feel bad about him because he has a mental issue, but the way I see it, it's better to spend your energy on people who do great things instead.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jul 29, 2013, 20:57 ItBurn

Beer didn't just come out of the blue and insult Fish. Fish had it coming for a looong time. And what beer said was barely an insult. The worst he said was basically that he was a hipster. OH NO!  

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
53. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 23:33 ItBurn

Tumbler wrote on Jul 28, 2013, 22:57:
Can't seem to find anyone I like in this whole story. So invisible walls was sticking up for Game Informer who asked Fish and Blow a few questions regarding xbox's change of policy recently. Fish and Blow didn't think that was worth their time and Marcus starts calling them names.

Bleh, I don't like anyone here. Invisible walls is a game informer esque podcast/vidcast, game informer will be the last people to give a shit about indies, Marcus is a person on invisible walls and is an annoying little bitch, Phil Fish is an annoying little bitch and Johnathon blow ...I still have no real opinion of him. I hope he makes more games. Everyone else can leave the game industry and I'll be just fine.

I disagree about Marcus. I love him (no homo). He does complain a lot, but it's always logical and in the interest of the consumer. That's what I want from my game journalism. He calls out bullshit when he sees it. I don't always agree with him, and he is a bit too passionate sometimes, but you can't compare him to Fish.

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
9. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 16:25 ItBurn

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jul 28, 2013, 16:20:
I will bet a $20 donation to charity that this is a gross marketing stunt by Fish, exploiting his fanbois (of which there are many) to either go after Marcus Beer and GT or just to generate hype. Given the amount of free press this stunt got yesterday, I'd say it's working too. I am certain FEZ II will resurface. I normally separate art from artist but if this is true, it's a disgusting exploitation of his fan base and I won't support him.

Word to the wise Phil: You can't constantly act like the worst kind of asshole, then play the victim and act like no one appreciates you. If you don't want to be thought of as an asshole, maybe you should stop you know, being such an asshole.

I never liked Fish. I'd like to play Fez, but I'll never buy it. While I do feel like he'll somehow use this to promote Fez 2, I don't think that that was his original goal. He truly seems like an a-hole and will explode at the smallest pinch.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 27, 2013, 01:59 ItBurn

Dev wrote on Jul 27, 2013, 01:41:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 23:06:
Really guys? 3.5GB, and here your modern PC OS takes under 1.7GB on average with a normal installation.
Since when? Try 10 times that for most modern windows installs.

10 times more? You're mad. 1.7 sounds about right.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 27, 2013, 01:22 ItBurn

If you make a movie with the Deus Ex license and it's something completely different, you're gonna have a bad time. Also, there were many other good video game movies.
Both Tomb Raiders
Silent Hill
Max Payne(won't win awards, but it was a solid movie)
Some would say Resident Evil(not me, but hey, they made a million of them)
Doom(got horrible reviews, but I really liked it. It was super entertaining)
Prince of Persia
The fact that he thinks Mortal Kombat is the only one, and that was 20 years ago, doesn't fill me with confidence...

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Announced
16. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Announced Jul 25, 2013, 16:39 ItBurn

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 12:53:
It's a game noone asked for. And that sort of issue rarely turns out well.

Exactly what I though. No one wants this.

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches</p> <ul> <li><a href= Jul 24, 2013, 02:01 ItBurn

I just did the library level. While the quality wasn't up to par with the rest of the game, it's well made and it's pretty awesome to get new content.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches</p> <ul> <li><a href= Jul 23, 2013, 21:10 ItBurn

Post is messed up.
Are you kidding me about the vampire patch? I started a new char two days ago...

News Comments > StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2013, 15:20 ItBurn

Rigs wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 15:15:
Geezus, had I known you'd put it on the front page, Blue, I'd have told you about it weeks ago! This is kinda old news, my friend. I've been playing this thing for more than a month now. It's got quite a following, including community made Star Trek ships like a Connie and a Klingon D3, all for the taking at www.star-made.org.

If you're looking for something like Minecraft in space, people, THIS is the one! You can land on planets and build stations, including ships and it's heavily dev supported, along with a ton of community support. If you were on the fence with all the Minecraft 'me-toos', this is one to get. Yes, the whole 'blocks' thing is a bit tedious...if not ugly, but it's functional...

=-Rigs-=

Would you say it's easy to pick up and play like Minecraft? When I look at it, it seems like I wouldn't understand anything. I'd have to read guides endlessly to do the most basic things. You have to read guides in Minecraft too, but it's still very user friendly.

News Comments > StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter
1. Re: StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter Jul 23, 2013, 12:35 ItBurn

I like the concept, but not too sure about the execution. Looks like a giant mess.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Solo Expert Runthrough
2. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Solo Expert Runthrough Jul 22, 2013, 13:52 ItBurn

Watched 3 of them. I love this kind of stuff. It kinda looks easier with only 1 survivor though... Less mistakes are made and only you affect the zombie AI so they're more predictable. I wish he'd shoot at the damn tanks... Sooo boring to wait for them to die.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 14:31 ItBurn

Dev wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 14:21:
Pasting from one of my previous posts:

Valve always seems to like to make it hard to see the complete list of games on sale (in this event its 3000+) since they screw around with the front page during the sale event. Here's everything on sale sorted by metacritic score (valve basically hides this link from front page for some reason when the events go on, I got smart this time around and bookmarked it before the sale started)
steam list

Just put all the games you want in your Steam wishlist and you can just browse that list to see which ones are on sale.

News Comments > New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced
35. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 22:53 ItBurn

.net_Drifter wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 22:45:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 21:04:
The thing with politicians is that you never agree to all they say. You always have to pick the lesser evil. And you can absolutely complain about the things he does. Also, it's an image, it wasn't meant to be a perfect representation of the problem in every way... You can absolutely complain about the season pass even if you bought it. Gearbox will probably not give a f*** about your complaining, since you voted with your wallet, but as an individual, you can absolutely say whatever you want, even if it pisses off people in the comments section of a random site on the internet.

Would I be right to surmise that you consider a season to be a full year, say January to December, and because the "Season Pass" had content come out this year, and they recently announced that more would be coming this year, you consider that to be within the same season due to it being in the same year?
Because if that is your logic . . . then you're not due any content past Scarlet and Torque, since they came out last year/last season, and Hammerlock and Tina came out this year, or this season.
I would guess, too, that the Superbowl for Football (American version) starts a new season rather than ends one, since it's in a new year.
That logic could also be used to argue that nearly every TV show ever made only had one season, due to the fact that even though a traditional television season was fall of one year to spring the next (almost how the Borderlands 2 DLC was released as a "Season Pass" surprisingly enough), since the new season starts during the same year the prior one ends, you could argue that the season never really ends, just goes from year to year.
And, if you wanted to take Season Pass to the ultimate extreme . . . based on when it was released, in the Fall, only content coming out in the Fall would be applicable.
Personally, my take on the whole Season Pass, from it's inception, was that it would be like a season of Television, consisting of a fixed number of "episodes" that, when completed, would end the season. And that's exactly how they released it, plus a little extra.

It's that little extra that's the problem for me. Idealy, season pass for me would be ALL the DLC forever. That's what all other games to date have done. But, it kinda makes sense for the newly announced DLC to not be in that season pass. It does kinda feel like a new season is starting. What annoys me more are the cosmetic DLCs that were released prior to Tiny Tina. And that doesn't annoy me all that much either, but I think it's kinda bullshitty that it's not included. As in, no real reason. That's all I've been saying from the start. I'm not about to burn down the Gearbox headquarters and I'll probably buy the extra DLC.

News Comments > New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced
32. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 22:41 ItBurn

Darks wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 22:17:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 21:04:
The thing with politicians is that you never agree to all they say. You always have to pick the lesser evil. And you can absolutely complain about the things he does. Also, it's an image, it wasn't meant to be a perfect representation of the problem in every way... You can absolutely complain about the season pass even if you bought it. Gearbox will probably not give a f*** about your complaining, since you voted with your wallet, but as an individual, you can absolutely say whatever you want, even if it pisses off people in the comments section of a random site on the internet.

Dude, give it a fucking rest already. You are a delusional idiot to sit here and bitch about DLC. You fricking got your 4 DLC worth wit the season pass what's your fucking problem? Stop your incisive bitching about what you think you are owed!!!

I'm just defending my opinion. I don't really care that much about the subject and I haven't tried to blow it out of proportions. It's actually the reactions to what I've said that are blown out of proportions. It's interesting how incredibly explosive some of you are on this trivial matter.

940 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo