Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 901 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
44. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 17:44 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 16:28:
GMG's 666 sale was garbage. Was mostly crappy budget games and was very limited, was made up of titles from the same IP's (ie: Worms games were on sale most cycles instead of just having them all discounted at once). Sales applied to bundles only and not individual titles. (ie: Total War and Borderlands 2). I didn't buy a single game during the GMG sale.

I bought like 5 games. Far from being crap.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
20. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:41 ItBurn

The Sale is great and all, but I suggest that you take a look at Green Man Gaming before you purchase something. They almost always have better prices (throughout the year I mean). And they also give you a steam key, so you can redeem that if you want. Right now, Bioshock infinite is 50% on Steam, but it's 50% on GMG and they also have a 20% off ticket that you can combine...  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
101. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 10:06 ItBurn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 03:00:
I don't understand why people deprive themselves like that. You are missing out on a great game. Played through it 2x. These type of games are made for a console anyway. Or at leats a PC hooked up to big screen using a game pad.....

I know he blocked me, but this is for the others
Reasons: Better controls for aiming, better textures, more details, more cars and pedestrians, better loading times, to support the PC platform, etc. Playing on console, even if it was released on them first, is a lesser version of the game. I love GTA 5 so much that I want to play the best version of it. I have no problem waiting forever if need be, there are a ton of other games that are also awesome... I guess that this is basically the masrhmallow test: Those who wait are more successful in life :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_marshmallow_experiment

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2013, 10:14.

News Comments > Firefall Open Beta
13. Re: Firefall Open Beta Jul 10, 2013, 00:16 ItBurn

I was interested, but now I may wait for the final game But generally, open betas never end... They're basically the final game. Regardless of what they say, I'm not sure they're going to deliver more, or "enough".  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
73. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 15:57 ItBurn

nin wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 15:49:
TheEmissary wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 15:47:
I kind of like the idea of the character switching. In GTA4 you had missions where you came in contact with the dlc characters here and there. Think about the diamond heist stuff towards the end. In GTA4 if you had all the DLC you were able to play or see all points of view of the major missions. I liked being able to get different POVs of the missions so I will like the character swapping.

One of the previews I read said that was the inspiration for the character switching in this one...

That's part of the issue for me. I absolutely hated the biker DLC, because of the character. I loved the gay tony one though. The thing is, even though these three characters met during the game, I still felt like I was Niko when I played the original game, and then I still felt like I was only the black guy when playing gay tony. Different experiences where you could really immerse yourself in the character.

51. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:45 ItBurn

ASeven wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:40:
3:45, the van crashing against the wall. That looks a lot like PhysX, doesn't it? And that means the footage could be on the PC.

Then again, I'm probably hoping too much.

Me and a couple of buds feel that it looks too good for the ps3 or 360. Kinda does look like it's running on PC. But that doesn't make sense...

36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:41 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:36:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:32:
No. But in reality, it does lower PC sales a lot. And that means less PC versions or PC port quality in the future. My words were strong for entertainment though.

I don't really believe that to be true, what data and information are you basing it on? I bought both versions last time and the PC platform has had a strong resurgence in the past 5 years. I don't see how buying what is primarily popular on consoles hurts the PC any. I still buy tons of PC games and whatnot.

He said himself that he would rather play a PC or PS4 version. Just trying to help him. Also, I don't see why I shouldn't tell him whatever I want...

I think nin's point was that when you earn his money for a living then you can tell him how to spend it. People don't respond well to such comments, usually starting with F and ending with an off

I think it's obvious that if the game isn't available on PC at launch, most people will buy it on other platforms. And also, verrrrry few people are going to buy the game AGAIN on PC.

35. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:40 ItBurn

nin wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:38:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:31:
nin wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:29:
Please don't be a bitch.

Please don't tell other people how to spend their money...

He said himself that he would rather play a PC or PS4 version. Just trying to help him. Also, I don't see why I shouldn't tell him whatever I want...

If he wants to play it now, it's his decision, not yours. And there's nothing you can do about that, even calling him a bitch.

This is the internet, I can call whoever I want a bitch :p I was not serious when I said it. I fully expected him to tell me to f-off, which is fine with me.

31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:32 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:29:
Zyrxil wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:27:
Holy shit, these comments went full retard hard and fast with the idea of "GTA Online" as a separate game. There's no reason they would put that in this trailer unless it's just the name of the multiplayer component to GTA V.

Yeah, I'm not sure where people getting that idea from but it's a bizarre derail. I was pretty impressed with what I saw in the trailer here, it looks like a proper update in the same line as SA. I liked GTA4 but man its flaws were really obnoxious. I just hope they have finally nailed the shooting controls, it always felt clunky in previous iterations.

Please don't be a bitch. If you buy it on consoles, you are literally shooting yourself in the foot. There are tons of other quality games that are comming to the PC, you're not a slave to them... The PC version will also be a MUCH better experience and you'll basically be playing a shitty version of what could be. If you love it that much, don't you want to play the best version of it?

Buying this on a console doesn't preclude buying the PC version later or buying other PC games dude, chillax

No. But in reality, it does lower PC sales a lot. And that means less PC versions or PC port quality in the future. My words were strong for entertainment though.

30. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:31 ItBurn

nin wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:29:
Please don't be a bitch.

Please don't tell other people how to spend their money...

23. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:24 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:19:
*mind blown*

/pre-ordered. Fuck it. I can't wait for the PC or PS4 version to roll around maybe a year later. I need to play this.

I practically choked on my water with laughter when I saw Trevor trying to flush a fucking FOOT. Hahahahaha.

Creston

Please don't be a bitch. If you buy it on consoles, you are literally shooting yourself in the foot. There are tons of other quality games that are comming to the PC, you're not a slave to them... The PC version will also be a MUCH better experience and you'll basically be playing a shitty version of what could be. If you love it that much, don't you want to play the best version of it?

11. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 10:49 ItBurn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 10:42:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 10:30:
Character switching looks as bad as I had feared. I really don't like it. But the game itself looks great. I'll definitely play it, when it comes to PC. If not, no money from me.
Huh? Looks pretty seamless to me! Just hate to hate right?

No, I hate it for good reasons :p It destroys immersion. You no longer feel attached to your "avatar". You don't have that feeling of progressing into the world as an entity. If you hate one character, you're forced to play him and endure him through the whole game. Switching all the time during missions is annoying, no going around it. Lots of games have tried before and it's always annoying.

2. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 10:30 ItBurn

Character switching looks as bad as I had feared. I really don't like it. But the game itself looks great. I'll definitely play it, when it comes to PC. If not, no money from me.  

News Comments > GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow
13. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 16:21 ItBurn

Also, this: pic from reddit  

News Comments > Star Citizen Campaign Soars
14. Re: Star Citizen Campaign Soars Jul 8, 2013, 16:16 ItBurn

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 15:15:
Wow 1 million dollars for an extra button on your ship and another million for a tacked on arena mode.

Talk about diminishing returns.

I'm actually glad they're adding so little. Means they can keep the cash for the original features for which I think they underappreciated how much money they'll need.

News Comments > GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow
10. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 16:13 ItBurn

The amount of spam about a PC version in every single post they make anywhere must affect them... I have a sliver of hope they're going to make the PC announcement tomorrow.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Economy Trailer
27. Re: Star Citizen Economy Trailer Jul 8, 2013, 00:29 ItBurn

s1mon75 wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 00:26:
Doesnt Eve already have this? But they have infinite resources, eg on server restarts asteroids that were mined out the day before are respawned.

For an economy to work such as one they have described you need finite resources (like in the real world). But no MMO to date has even attempted finite resources.

Ill be watching this one with earnest

Nope. Seems to me like it'll work even with unlimited resources.

News Comments > Star Citizen Economy Trailer
23. Re: Star Citizen Economy Trailer Jul 7, 2013, 23:28 ItBurn

I'm not sure he can accomplish a perfectly balanced fully dynamic economy, but I'm sure he can accomplish some of it. Also, stop with the negativity. When was the last time a game ATTEMPTED to do something cool design-wise. Nowadays designers are useless, it's just clones of copies. How many of our favorite classic games had high goals that were never fully reached, but allowed these games to become great. Applaud the guy. Don't pay if you don't want to, no one is forcing you. I'm reminded of Garriot saying that all designers suck and I think that that's what he meant. Not that I'm excited about his next game, but still, he did design great stuff. Chris Roberts on the other hand has a better track record.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 7, 2013, 15:37 ItBurn

I bought like 5 games from Green man gaming. Their sales are better than Steam sales and they're consistent... They almost always have 20-25% off coupons for any game and you can often combine them.  

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Video
1. Re: 7 Days to Die Video Jul 5, 2013, 21:28 ItBurn

That actually looked pretty awesome. I mean, animations suck and it's really simple, but the gameplay looks great.  

901 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo