Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1129 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
29. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 07:45 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on May 29, 2015, 07:28:
ItBurn wrote on May 29, 2015, 05:30:
Mac shows that you can definitely button mash at the max difficulty. https://youtu.be/kkFqn1TMeH4?t=4m50s

even better: https://youtu.be/kkFqn1TMeH4?t=7m41s

He calls that button mashing? Going one vs one vs heavily armored opponents and carefuly timing your attacks and parries is button mashing? What a load of bullshit. Again. It's clear that he is backpedalling into a pit dug by his own hand.

In the second part of the video he kills 3 guys without getting hit by just button mashing one button. Max difficulty... I mean this is proof enough that there's a problem. Also, the armored guy, I wouldn't call pressing two buttons in sequence over and over again revolutionary combat... He's not even moving or anything.

I mean I don't mind the combat, it's functional, but you have to be outside of reality to praise it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
27. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 05:30 ItBurn

Mac shows that you can definitely button mash at the max difficulty. https://youtu.be/kkFqn1TMeH4?t=4m50s

even better: https://youtu.be/kkFqn1TMeH4?t=7m41s

This comment was edited on May 29, 2015, 05:38.

News Comments > The Witcher III Exp Bug
23. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 15:53 ItBurn

LittleMe wrote on May 28, 2015, 15:51:
I had an issue where I couldn't block any attack.. I was like WTF!!?!? I figured out the problem though - you can't block while wielding a torch even though the torch isn't lit while in combat. No warning pops up when you try to block, he just does nothing.

I have a problem where sometimes I can't use my crossbow. The key does nothing. I have to re-select it in the quick menu for no reason.

21. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 15:44 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on May 28, 2015, 15:35:
Noticed this before, but playing just now I was frustrated by it again, so thought I'd post.

One of the few issues I have that I hope they change; In the Crafting screen for armor, it doesn't show what class of armor it is (Light, Medium or Heavy). I'm playing in the 2nd hardest difficulty using Light Armor with the Cat School Techniques skill. Not knowing what class of armor I'm making is a problem.

The only major issue I have is not having a separate tab in Inventory for Potions and Bombs.

It does show what type of armor it is, SOMETIMES. It's really broken yeah. Some recipes show it, some don't. I think...

19. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 15:15 ItBurn

New vid from Mac about the combat in Witcher 3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIeEZeKN8JE  

News Comments > Overwatch Video
24. Re: Overwatch Video May 28, 2015, 04:02 ItBurn

I got tired of that type of gameplay 15 years ago.  

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
74. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 27, 2015, 08:22 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on May 27, 2015, 07:08:
In general, I would agree with that principle. However I am spending hours at a time with this game, and my butt would probably appreciate if those were spent on the comfortable sofa in front of my TV instead of the computer chair at my PC desk. Maybe I should look into getting a better chair.

Also the game looks so much better on my big screen plasma TV, even though its only capable of showing 720p. The color, the contrast, the lighting, the effects are much more pronounced and simply better looking.

I have to be standing "upright" at a desk or else I just can't get into a game. Sitting down on a couch and being far from the screen doesn't work for me. I can't get into it, get immersed, and I don't feel I can sustain long play sessions that way. The couch is only for party gaming with friends for me.

That being said, they sell stuff like this that you might be interested in: https://muchembi.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/couch.jpg

72. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 27, 2015, 06:53 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on May 27, 2015, 06:42:
Why?
Somewhat joking, but M+K FOREVER!

70. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 27, 2015, 03:50 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on May 27, 2015, 03:10:
...Im kind of sad that I couldnt get the controller working right from the start of my playthrough, seems to be the way to go with this game. Ive gotten way too good with the K+M to go to the controller now.

I'm offended by that comment

News Comments > Mad Max Savage Road Trailer
5. Re: Mad Max Savage Road Trailer May 26, 2015, 13:14 ItBurn

I dunno. As far as I can tell, it's a linear third person brawler with driving? It looked a bit amateurish, but story and voice acting looked ok. Can't say I'm too excited for yet another of those games...

On another note, the movie was great! Not really spoilers, but stop reading if you really want to know nothing about the movie.

Tons of practical effects, a non-traditional story, lots of action. Mad Max wasn't really the star though. I wish we'd have seen him more. Like driving his car more and stuff. Maybe in the sequels.

20. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 11:50 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:42:
HorrorScope wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:39:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:38:
A sortable list, with text and proper categorized tagging, context sensitive highlighting, and proper dependency links. An Inventory where you have to hover over everything to see what it is, is TOTAL SHIT. ^^

There isn't one that will satisfy all. There are plenty of people that like icon grids vs lists.

There are also plenty of people that think Skyrim has no inventory GUI problem. ^^ Which says more about them, than about Skyrim.

Ps.: But I guess the moral is, whether grid or texts, if designed for a console a GUI is always shit.

I dunno about Witcher 3, do you find tons of loot? If you have 5 pages of loot then yeah, grids are stupid

Only thing to go on here is the potion page I saw on a stream, which had oils at the top, tons of crap in the middle, bombs, concoctions and potions somewhere in that mess. With no way to see what is what unless you hover over everything carefully.

I suggest you complain about the UI after having played the game :p The interface you're talking about is the crafting interface. You rarely use it. It's not an inventory, it's just a list of recipes that you go through and instantly know if you can craft them or not. It's actually really easy to use and clear. It's true that there's a lot of crap in the middle that separates potions and bombs and stuff, but you can fold these sections. Like I said, you rarely use it and potions are auto-crafted after you craft them once, so you use the interface even less the more you play.

19. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 11:47 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:38:
ItBurn wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:31:
Are you joking? With lists!

I don't understand...

A sortable list, with text and proper categorized tagging, context sensitive highlighting, and proper dependency links. An Inventory where you have to hover over everything to see what it is, is TOTAL SHIT. ^^

I think that for the Witcher, I prefer a sortable grid system in sections like they did. You can display a lot more items at once. You don't need to hover them once you know what they are, except for weapons, when you want to compare with your equipped one. With complex stats like the weapon stats, popups are really the only way to show the comparisons anyway.

I imagine you're talking about the Skyui style of UI for Skyrim? It was nice for that game solely because weight was so much more important. You constantly had to decide what you kept and what you left there by calculating profit vs weight. In the witcher, you can carry a ton of stuff and rarely have to check for weight. I only happened once that I was overburdened. In Skyrim it would happen every 5 minutes :p Also in Skyrim, weapons use a very different system than in the Witcher and all you really need is the DPS number, so a list was ok in this case. In the witcher, you have a lot more stats, you can't just look at the damage and say it's better.

15. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 11:35 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:31:
Are you joking? With lists!

I don't understand...

12. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 11:03 ItBurn

Bradley wrote on May 26, 2015, 10:58:
Verno wrote on May 26, 2015, 09:19:
I think I'm gonna stop until the font sizes are fixed and maybe theres a UI mod for the inventory/crafting bullshit. It's pretty good but I'm getting annoyed at those aspects of the game so its going on the backburner while they patch it up.

Why does every new game that comes out think we want to dig through list of inventory items (that are pages long), what was wrong with the inventory grids of old where you could actually see more than 5 items at a time? I actually liked the ones where different items took up a different configuration of inventory cells. I know some people don't like "Inventory Tetris" though, so I won't say it needs to come back. I would kill for a nice grid with drag & drop though.

The Witcher 3 uses the grid system with drag and drop... The crafting recipes are arranged in a list with sections, but how else would you want it done?

7. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 10:10 ItBurn

Verno wrote on May 26, 2015, 09:56:
ItBurn wrote on May 26, 2015, 09:26:
I think I'm gonna stop until the font sizes are fixed and maybe theres a UI mod for the inventory/crafting bullshit...

I don't see what the issue is with fonts and the inventory. UI is WAY better than it was in Witcher 2.

There is no real font scaling so it looks like crap on both my 27" monitor and 60" HDTV. There are a ton of complaints about this and the devs have already said they're working on a patch for it. The UI is barebones at best considering the glut of crafting bullshit you have to sort through at any given time. I don't expect them to fix that, every new CRPG seems to think the player has a desire to spend hours picking 10000 herbs yet fail to give the player an efficient way to deal with all of that crap. Hopefully a mod addresses it.

I don't understand. I like how it is. Neat icons that you can sort... It's not like you need to sift through them; the crafting menu tells you how many you have and how many you need to craft the item.

3. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 09:26 ItBurn

I think I'm gonna stop until the font sizes are fixed and maybe theres a UI mod for the inventory/crafting bullshit...

I don't see what the issue is with fonts and the inventory. UI is WAY better than it was in Witcher 2.

1. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 09:09 ItBurn

No noticeable perf improvement for me. Cinematics still at 5 fps. Constant texture and object popping, right in my face. One of my runes does +0% attack power. I'm going to stop there because I also have noticed about a million other small bugs. Game is pretty good so far though! Clearly a better game than Dragon Age inquisition! Can't believe that that game got such good reviews...  

News Comments > Game Reviews
39. Re: RE: Game Reviews May 25, 2015, 09:25 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on May 25, 2015, 09:23:
What is scary? Or are you just being condescending? In that case thanks for implying Im retarded & fuck you too.

Im not talking about quests BTW, but the random bandits, monsters, wraiths, trolls, and other shit you encounter while galloping accross the countryside. More often than not many are sometimes 10-15 levels higher than you are, taking a quest at the same level as you doesn't in any way guarantee that the area you are traveling in is safe for your level. This is a good thing.

lol, I just meant that it's scary that you could get stuck

37. Re: RE: Game Reviews May 25, 2015, 09:09 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on May 25, 2015, 08:59:
I had to reroll my game in W3 about 3-4 hours in. Turns out I got stuck in a cave (main quest) way below the intended level. At first I was frustrated but then I realized that I couldnt remember the last time I had to restart a game due to playing like a dumbass and just doing my own thing. One restart later, Im finally getting some decent gear and can take on quests a few levels above me, however if Im not careful I get my ass handed to me pretty quick. Even had to run away once from a high level griffin I encountered on a random hilltop in Velen. Can't remember the last time I had to do that in a game either. Ill be back for that fucker later...

Fuck level scaling, this is how its done! The game keeps you on your toes and you always have to pay attention to whats going on around you in the wilderness, lots of little surprises and interesting ecnounters all over the place.

That's scary... Quests have an intended level right next to the name.

34. Re: RE: Game Reviews May 25, 2015, 06:15 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on May 25, 2015, 06:00:
I'm guessing that magic, potions, bombs, oils, etc, aren't that important on Normal difficulty. In the video review, I saw the player getting hit and barely taking any damage. That's definitely not what happens on the highest difficulty. You can be fighting enemies that are more than 5 levels below you and you'll still take a hefty amount of damage when hit. Fight enemies at or above your level and you'll usually die in 1-3 hits. Planning ahead, making proper use of consumables and learning how to dodge properly is the key to success.

As for controls, I think the combat controls are fine. Attacks are fully committed and can't be canceled (same as in Witcher 2) but that really isn't a problem once you learn the timings. The navigation controls, on the other hand, are pretty bad. The acceleration and deceleration are way too slow, your turn speed is too slow while running and you can't turn while the run-to-idle transition is playing. You have to switch to walk mode if you want to make minor movements. They clearly prioritized animation over responsiveness when it comes to traversal and that's never a good thing.

On a side note, I find Mac (the reviewer) to generally be an idiot. He often complains about games being too casual and easy when he's clearly playing them on Normal difficulty, which is basically equivalent to playing on Easy these days. If you want a challenge from any mainstream game, you need to play on the highest difficulty.

I dunno man, I've been gaming all my life and I consider myself to be a pretty good gamer, but I still get my ass kicked on normal. I restart some fights like 5 times. Some enemies definitely do a lot of damage.

1129 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo