Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 909 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Announced
16. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Announced Jul 25, 2013, 16:39 ItBurn

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 12:53:
It's a game noone asked for. And that sort of issue rarely turns out well.

Exactly what I though. No one wants this.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches</p> <ul> <li><a href= Jul 24, 2013, 02:01 ItBurn

I just did the library level. While the quality wasn't up to par with the rest of the game, it's well made and it's pretty awesome to get new content.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches</p> <ul> <li><a href= Jul 23, 2013, 21:10 ItBurn

Post is messed up.
Are you kidding me about the vampire patch? I started a new char two days ago...

News Comments > StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2013, 15:20 ItBurn

Rigs wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 15:15:
Geezus, had I known you'd put it on the front page, Blue, I'd have told you about it weeks ago! This is kinda old news, my friend. I've been playing this thing for more than a month now. It's got quite a following, including community made Star Trek ships like a Connie and a Klingon D3, all for the taking at www.star-made.org.

If you're looking for something like Minecraft in space, people, THIS is the one! You can land on planets and build stations, including ships and it's heavily dev supported, along with a ton of community support. If you were on the fence with all the Minecraft 'me-toos', this is one to get. Yes, the whole 'blocks' thing is a bit tedious...if not ugly, but it's functional...

=-Rigs-=

Would you say it's easy to pick up and play like Minecraft? When I look at it, it seems like I wouldn't understand anything. I'd have to read guides endlessly to do the most basic things. You have to read guides in Minecraft too, but it's still very user friendly.

News Comments > StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter
1. Re: StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter Jul 23, 2013, 12:35 ItBurn

I like the concept, but not too sure about the execution. Looks like a giant mess.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Solo Expert Runthrough
2. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Solo Expert Runthrough Jul 22, 2013, 13:52 ItBurn

Watched 3 of them. I love this kind of stuff. It kinda looks easier with only 1 survivor though... Less mistakes are made and only you affect the zombie AI so they're more predictable. I wish he'd shoot at the damn tanks... Sooo boring to wait for them to die.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 14:31 ItBurn

Dev wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 14:21:
Pasting from one of my previous posts:

Valve always seems to like to make it hard to see the complete list of games on sale (in this event its 3000+) since they screw around with the front page during the sale event. Here's everything on sale sorted by metacritic score (valve basically hides this link from front page for some reason when the events go on, I got smart this time around and bookmarked it before the sale started)
steam list

Just put all the games you want in your Steam wishlist and you can just browse that list to see which ones are on sale.

News Comments > New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced
35. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 22:53 ItBurn

.net_Drifter wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 22:45:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 21:04:
The thing with politicians is that you never agree to all they say. You always have to pick the lesser evil. And you can absolutely complain about the things he does. Also, it's an image, it wasn't meant to be a perfect representation of the problem in every way... You can absolutely complain about the season pass even if you bought it. Gearbox will probably not give a f*** about your complaining, since you voted with your wallet, but as an individual, you can absolutely say whatever you want, even if it pisses off people in the comments section of a random site on the internet.

Would I be right to surmise that you consider a season to be a full year, say January to December, and because the "Season Pass" had content come out this year, and they recently announced that more would be coming this year, you consider that to be within the same season due to it being in the same year?
Because if that is your logic . . . then you're not due any content past Scarlet and Torque, since they came out last year/last season, and Hammerlock and Tina came out this year, or this season.
I would guess, too, that the Superbowl for Football (American version) starts a new season rather than ends one, since it's in a new year.
That logic could also be used to argue that nearly every TV show ever made only had one season, due to the fact that even though a traditional television season was fall of one year to spring the next (almost how the Borderlands 2 DLC was released as a "Season Pass" surprisingly enough), since the new season starts during the same year the prior one ends, you could argue that the season never really ends, just goes from year to year.
And, if you wanted to take Season Pass to the ultimate extreme . . . based on when it was released, in the Fall, only content coming out in the Fall would be applicable.
Personally, my take on the whole Season Pass, from it's inception, was that it would be like a season of Television, consisting of a fixed number of "episodes" that, when completed, would end the season. And that's exactly how they released it, plus a little extra.

It's that little extra that's the problem for me. Idealy, season pass for me would be ALL the DLC forever. That's what all other games to date have done. But, it kinda makes sense for the newly announced DLC to not be in that season pass. It does kinda feel like a new season is starting. What annoys me more are the cosmetic DLCs that were released prior to Tiny Tina. And that doesn't annoy me all that much either, but I think it's kinda bullshitty that it's not included. As in, no real reason. That's all I've been saying from the start. I'm not about to burn down the Gearbox headquarters and I'll probably buy the extra DLC.

32. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 22:41 ItBurn

Darks wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 22:17:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 21:04:
The thing with politicians is that you never agree to all they say. You always have to pick the lesser evil. And you can absolutely complain about the things he does. Also, it's an image, it wasn't meant to be a perfect representation of the problem in every way... You can absolutely complain about the season pass even if you bought it. Gearbox will probably not give a f*** about your complaining, since you voted with your wallet, but as an individual, you can absolutely say whatever you want, even if it pisses off people in the comments section of a random site on the internet.

Dude, give it a fucking rest already. You are a delusional idiot to sit here and bitch about DLC. You fricking got your 4 DLC worth wit the season pass what's your fucking problem? Stop your incisive bitching about what you think you are owed!!!

I'm just defending my opinion. I don't really care that much about the subject and I haven't tried to blow it out of proportions. It's actually the reactions to what I've said that are blown out of proportions. It's interesting how incredibly explosive some of you are on this trivial matter.

29. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 21:04 ItBurn

26. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 20:37 ItBurn

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 20:31:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:34:
Your opinion has been noted.
I still believe that naming it a SEASON pass and not giving you everything that was released during a SEASON, is bullshit.

It's not the first time Gearbox has done what some may call false advertising. They were actually sued for the Alien fiasco. But in the season pass case, it's entirely within the law. Doesn't make it moral.

Many other games from several different publishers do such DLC bundles in the same way... That is, offering major ones at a pre-order discount, instead of giving you EVERYTHING they release for one low price. Your problem lies with your own perception of what a "season pass" should be, and that it does not match up with standard, clearly advertised, industry practice. The solution? Don't buy a damned season pass, or if you do, don't complain about getting exactly what you paid for.

I'm all for voting with your wallet, but the other part doesn't make sense. Take the example of a political candidate. You may have voted for them, but that doesn't mean you can't complain about them.

25. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 20:35 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 20:32:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 20:01:
By your logic, if it was called "The every DLC ever pack", but when you read the description, it says you only get 4 specific DLC packs, it would be perfectly fine. It would be moral and done in good conscience by the developers and in no way an attempt to manipulate gamers into more sales.

You have no other argument, so you are turning to semantics over the title of "Seasons Pass". You really are sad. Doesn't matter what the title of the package is called, it's what is advertised as being in the package.

Are you one of those people that see's a "Lowest Prices Ever Furniture Sale", go buy something, then a year later when the price is lower, you go back and complain that you didn't pay the "Lowest Price Ever"?

You can't rationalize with the irrational.

Wow, have you ever successfully convinced someone by insulting them? The thing is, these are two different things. You're talking about what's legal, I'm talking about what's right.

20. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 20:01 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:53:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:34:

Actually, it's fact. There is a huge difference between opinion and fact.

Fact is, they advertised 4 packs in the Seasons Pass, that's all they owe you for whatever price you paid for it.

My opinion is, that you are a whiney entitled child because your opinion is you think you deserve more than what you were advertised and paid for.

Don't tell me about Alien CM. I bought the game and the Seasons Pass. I'm not happy with the way it turned out, but I took a chance on it and it didn't turn out. Won't be the first time I've been burned on a game purchase and I highly doubt it will be the last. Difference is BL2 is a decent game (that I find kind of boring) that has been well supported in the year it has been out and they have more content coming out.

Despite being displeased with the game, I think the lawsuit is stupid and I hope it won't go anywhere. Nor do I expect it to. Unfinished material gets used all the time for entertainment advertising. Scenes are removed from movies, songs are rearranged and games graphics change.

By your logic, if it was called "The every DLC ever pack", but when you read the description, it says you only get 4 specific DLC packs, it would be perfectly fine. It would be moral and done in good conscience by the developers and in no way an attempt to manipulate gamers into more sales.

17. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 19:34 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:31:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:20:
I don't feel entitled to content that was never advertised. I feel entitled to receiving everything that was released in a season when I buy a season pass. Purely a naming and manipulation issue. I don't think that being mad at the naming of a DLC pack is making developers going out of business.

Wrong. What you paid for in a Seasons Pass is what was advertised at the time. The Seasons Pass was defined in August 2012 as being....

"Borderlands 2 will have at least four downloadable content expansions by next summer. 2K Games announced a $30 season pass this morning, available at launch, which will make the four pieces of $10 DLC accessible for the price of three. The season pass is available for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC."

Which ended up being... Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty, Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.

Everything beyond that is a bonus, which you also got Mechromancer pack (originally preorder bonus) and the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack with the Seasons Pass.

There is no "naming and manipulation issue" here. Just your lack of basic comprehension and being entitled to more content than what you agreed upon at the time of purchase.

I still believe that naming it a SEASON pass and not giving you everything that was released during a SEASON, is bullshit.

It's not the first time Gearbox has done what some may call false advertising. They were actually sued for the Alien fiasco. But in the season pass case, it's entirely within the law. Doesn't make it moral.

15. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 19:20 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:17:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:08:
Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:05:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 18:58:
Now yes, they stated that it was only for the 4 quest DLCs, but this doesn't matter to me

/facepalm

You bought what they advertised. End of story. As it is, they already included the UVHP in the Season's Pass, which they didn't need to do as it wasn't advertised.

Fucking children these days think they deserve everything in the world for nothing.

Why are you guys so mad about my different opinion? I've had less flak from offending religious people.

Because your greedy opinion is what leads to developers going out of business. Why do you feel entitled to content that was never advertised in the package you paid for?

I don't feel entitled to content that was never advertised. I feel entitled to receiving everything that was released in a season when I buy a season pass. Purely a naming and manipulation issue. I don't think that being mad at the naming of a DLC pack is making developers going out of business. I bought the thing already. Gearbox will put themselves out of business without my help if they continue releasing excellent games like the new Aliens game...

13. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 19:08 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:05:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 18:58:
Now yes, they stated that it was only for the 4 quest DLCs, but this doesn't matter to me

/facepalm

You bought what they advertised. End of story. As it is, they already included the UVHP in the Season's Pass, which they didn't need to do as it wasn't advertised.

Fucking children these days think they deserve everything in the world for nothing.

Why are you guys so mad about my different opinion? I've had less flak from offending religious people.

10. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 18:58 ItBurn

Flatline wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 18:29:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 17:34:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 17:31:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 17:17:
This season pass bullshit is bullshit. I paid one price to get everything, but I don't get everything. None of the cosmetic DLCs, not all mission DLCs. Bullshit.

Yup, blame them for your own stupid assumption, that's the way to be!

I knew perfectly well what it was. I still think it's bullshit. You made a stupid assumption about what I meant. :p

No you said you paid one price for everything. But you didn't. You paid one price for a specific amount of DLC that was stated up front. He wasn't making an assumption, he was going by what you said.

You're right. But to me, season pass means that you get everything released this season. This isn't the case. It feels like lying to me and I think that that's bullshit. Now yes, they stated that it was only for the 4 quest DLCs, but this doesn't matter to me, it's bullshit in my opinion. No amount of lawyers or contracts will make me feel like this is an actual season pass. This is what I meant, but I didn't feel like writing a book about it.

7. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 17:34 ItBurn

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 17:31:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 17:17:
This season pass bullshit is bullshit. I paid one price to get everything, but I don't get everything. None of the cosmetic DLCs, not all mission DLCs. Bullshit.

Yup, blame them for your own stupid assumption, that's the way to be!

I knew perfectly well what it was. I still think it's bullshit. You made a stupid assumption about what I meant. :p

5. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 17:17 ItBurn

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer
10. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 01:38 ItBurn

I've heard that the game features no inventory. Not sure it's the kind of game I want.  

909 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo