Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 931 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week
20. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 29, 2013, 20:01 ItBurn

Endo wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 19:12:
So yeah, I preordered SR IV the day before release. It was worth it. However, I do have to rate it very slightly lower than SR III, for a couple reasons.

1. It uses the exact same engine and graphics, and most of the elements of SR III. So that makes it feel more like an expansion than a whole new release.

2. I don't like the story nearly as well, but that could just be my personal taste.

Like I said, very slightly lower than SR3. It's still a very good game.

Really? I liked SR4 more. I hated the story in the 3rd... It made no sense, not in a good way. The voice acting wasn't too hot for most characters and the dialogue itself barely made sense.

4's voice acting is top notch and the story actually makes sense!

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2013, 20:07.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 29, 2013, 13:26 ItBurn

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 13:25:
I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy Saint's Row 4 or not, so I rented it for my XBox 360 to check it out. I liked the gameplay, but ultimately gave up on it because the Field of View is so incredibly close, despite an entire life of gaming without any trouble I was actually getting very bad motion sickness from the game.

With a PC you can easily change the FoV, but they gave no such option on the console. This makes me really nervous about getting GTA5 for the console, if the FoV is really close and they neglect to add an option to change it, I have no interest in playing. Might have to sit the console release out and hope for a PC release eventually.

That's what a lot of us will do: wait for the PC version. Why play the lo-fi version?

9. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 29, 2013, 12:42 ItBurn

Flatline wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 12:36:
News Flash! People like having fun in sandbox games instead of hauling around virtual friends to virtual social activities and sitting around waiting for them to be virtually satisfied every 20 minutes of gameplay.

"NIIIICO IZZZ YOUR COUZAIN! LEEEETS SEE SOME TITTIES!"

Rockstar announced earlier today that they intend to counter Saints Row 4 with a new, as-yet-unannounced combination of features including a realistic blackhead squeezing minigame and procedural generation techniques that allows your virtual girlfriend in GTA 5 to criticize everything about you down to your activities in the game, in real time, over a cell phone connection that accesses your actual phone via bluetooth to call you at the most inopportune times of the game to complain that you don't pay her enough attention and how you're sexually inadequate in the bedroom minigame.

"This is unprecedented levels of fun" announced Rockstar. "We've on average tripled the amount of crying and emasculation during a session of the game, without having to result to peripherals like electric shock trodes attached to sensitive areas of the body!"

They're two very different experiences and I like them equally. I absolutely loved GTA4. While SR4 is doing great, people prefer the GTA style. Contrary to what you're saying.

5. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 29, 2013, 10:41 ItBurn

I bought it on day one for 35$ on GMG and this is my game of the year so far. This is just pure fun... I haven't had as much fun in years...

The only bug I've seen is that my game locked up. But it only happened once in 30 hours. Extremely solid game.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Thursday
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Thursday Aug 27, 2013, 22:10 ItBurn

walrus1 wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 22:01:
NKD wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 21:53:
Wake me up when the PC version is out.

If we're all asleep waiting for it who will wake us up?

I'll be sleeping.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 DLC Next Week; GotY Edition Planned?
21. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Next Week; GotY Edition Planned? Aug 27, 2013, 22:09 ItBurn

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 21:48:
The only reason they are still flowing out DLC is because the people are speaking with their wallets. Perhaps they are going beyond original design, but it's all in response to what fans want.

It's basically the best coop one can get nowadays. If they pump out quality DLC like Tina's, I'll keep buying.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 DLC Next Week; GotY Edition Planned?
2. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Next Week; GotY Edition Planned? Aug 27, 2013, 09:41 ItBurn

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 09:38:
I hope they plan BL3 a little better, as far as level advancement. The way they've added additional levels in 2 almost feels like they initially painted themselves into a corner, and then had to find a way out...

Yeah, I was pretty mad when I saw that they kept the terrible levelling plan from BL1.

News Comments > Everybody's Gone To The Rapture PS4
3. Re: Everybody's Gone To The <strike>Rapture</strike> PS4 Aug 22, 2013, 22:06 ItBurn

Dagnamit wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 21:42:
Indie studios doing exclusive deals? Well.... bah. This actually just convinced me to never buy a console. I refuse the support the "exclusive" model bullshit. Too bad, I was looking forward to playing A Machine for Pigs. No way I'm giving my money to that dev.

It also pisses me the hell off, but I kinda understand them wanting to make lots of cash to improve their working conditions.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
87. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 22, 2013, 10:04 ItBurn

To balance things out. For the first 30 hours of D3, I had a shitload of fun. Then I hit a brick wall of suck... But I can't say I didn't get my money's worth...  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 21, 2013, 22:46 ItBurn

Dev wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 22:44:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 22:43:
Yeah it f-ing pisses me off when they take these franchises that we're dying for a sequel and make damn cell phone games with them. What's the idea anyway? Cell phone users aren't the DK fans. You always do this EA, try to kill franchises.
The idea is that thats where they think the money is. Casual games.

My thinking is that casual gamers don't know about DK, so why not just make a new franchise and not piss off DK fans and most likely kill the franchise in the process.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 21, 2013, 22:43 ItBurn

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 20:55:
I either want to say FU to EA. Or feel like there is a chance perhaps DK being revived for the PC... properly.

Yeah it f-ing pisses me off when they take these franchises that we're dying for a sequel and make damn cell phone games with them. What's the idea anyway? Cell phone users aren't the DK fans. You always do this EA, try to kill franchises.

73. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 18:09 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 18:01:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 17:38:
What? I never said that I wanted a locked skill tree that I can't change... I was talking about the Hellgate London skill trees.

ItBurn wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 17:10:
If your build is not good enough or if you don't like it, you can start a new character, of the same class, and play it differently.

That is what I quoted, and that is what I was responding to.

As you describe it, that is not how Hellgate London works. I got 15min into Hellgate London and uninstalled that piece of shit. So if you want to talk specific games with specific skill trees, then do so by using their name. Just sounds like you are trying to twist your way out of the contradiction you made as the ability to respec in Hellgate London would not require you to "start a new character" which is exactly what you said is the skill tree style you prefer.

Yeah well, not everything everyone says is literal and I think you read a little too sideways.

While Hellgate London was vilified for not delivering on promises it had made and being somewhat unpolished, it has the best and most solid skill and loot systems that I have ever played. And I played every diablo clone.

67. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 17:38 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 17:33:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 17:10:
If your build is not good enough or if you don't like it, you can start a new character, of the same class, and play it differently.

Most people don't want to do that, nor do they have time to do that. If that's how D3 was, I (and just about everyone else I know) would not have played it beyond Normal difficulty (just as I didn't with D2). Instead I have all 5 classes at lvl 60 with varying levels of Paragon on each of them.

Hitting a wall in an ARPG where the build you have chosen ceases to be viable, sucks ass. Starting over with a new build that may run into the same problem 30 hours in, is not fun. If you enjoy that, there are several other ARPG options out there for you.

The irony is, you contradict yourself. You say don't want to use "one of X combos that work", but that's exactly what you are saying you want by preferring to use a locked skill tree that you cannot change, therefore you need to know exactly what "combos" you are going to be using up-front for the entire time you play that character.

The D3 method, I can play the same character from lvl 1 to 60 using a huge variety of skills, swap them around, change the Runes and experiment with different combos and I never need to look it up on a website to tell me if I'm wasting my time or not. I try it, and change it as needed.

What? I never said that I wanted a locked skill tree that I can't change... I was talking about the Hellgate London skill trees. There are three main "pages" of skills. You can mix and match and stuff, but you know that if you follow a tree, it's going to be worth it. You can go down several. You can also respec, and if you put points in skill that are now osbsolete, there are still very useful synergies that affect the other skills and make everything worth it. Also, I'm not saying that using the same skills all the time is a bad thing. It's a great thing if I chose them. It is only a bad thing if I didn't choose them and I'm using them because they're the ones that work.

I think that most people prefer putting points in skills.

62. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 17:10 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 16:59:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 16:41:
I'm still forced to use the best skills instead of the skills I actually like.

Which is completely false and has always been.

Every class has multiple viable builds.
One look here http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/ proves this, as even the highest percentage is Barbarians (Whirlwind build) sitting at only 6%. Other classes have a lot more variety with builds than the Barbarians and that has more to do with the Barbarians other build options being not very fun to play.

It's too bad people are unimaginative and just use what everyone else tells them "is the best build" or people like you just spouting that there is only 1 good build without actually knowing what they are talking about. There are many YouTube vids out there with very experienced players showing off different builds. And if you actually play with other people, you can change your build(s) around to work very well together, even though they aren't considered the best 'solo' builds. But that requires some people to remove their head from their ass, which is often too much to ask.

I much prefer the D3 skill system over say T2 or PoE, which you pretty much have to know from the start what you are doing. D3 I've changed my skills around often as I levelled up, and still do at level 60 with all classes. I haven't played in awhile, but despite the games other shortcomings, the gameplay kicks the shit out of every other ARPG out there.

Wow you put a shitload of words in my mouth.

I want to use the skills that I want. I don't want to use one of X combos that work. I want to upgrade the skills I want, I want them to become better. I want my decisions to pay off because of good balancing. I hate the D3 system with no skill points. There are many strategies to improve the feeling of "wasting points". Respecking, synergies, having skills trees that are guaranteed to work. If your build is not good enough or if you don't like it, you can start a new character, of the same class, and play it differently. Awesome replayability. In D3, you have a wizard? No reason to play another one.

Edit: also, about your website, these aren't many different builds... It's basically the same build with one skill changed for another.

59. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 16:41 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 16:25:
Diablo Fans info on new features

Legendaries are looking good. As are the new features.

auction-house-in-expansion-question

Based on the screens in the first link, I'm guessing some/all of the targeted drops will be Account Bound Legendaries, and/or using the Mystic to change stats on a legendary will make the item Account Bound.

So the new paragon system is basically borderlands 2's badass points. It's a step in the right direction, but I'm still forced to use the best skills instead of the skills I actually like.

37. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 12:58 ItBurn

El Pit wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 12:42:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 12:30:
Games that come to mind that were way more disappointing:
SWTOR - Haven't played it yet
Dead Space 3 - Haven't played it yet
Dead Island - Played it and it was WAY better than Diablo III: The Auction House!

Yeah, Dead Island was an awesome game. And you can't really compare it to D3. D3 is a sequel, DI came out of nowhere. Not saying DI was perfect!

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Within Announced
16. Re: XCOM: Enemy Within Announced Aug 21, 2013, 12:49 ItBurn

I really liked the xcom remake, but I couldn't finish it. I just lost interest. So, not much interest for this one either. I wish there were more technologies and that the experience was a little less directed.  

15. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 09:46 ItBurn

Damnit. The only thing D3 needs in my mind is character progression and it doesn't seem like they'll fix that. They said they're going to improve the paragon system, so maybe it's going to be a little like that, but I never even got a character up to level 60 before being bored by the lack of customization.
Also, only one new class?

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount
4. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount Aug 19, 2013, 23:27 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 23:24:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 22:42:
I super-loved Amnesia, but I have no interest in this one... They need to get a hold of my interest...

So... why do you have no interest in this one if you loved the first one..?

I don't know. I guess I was left fully satisfied. I mean, I understood all the mechanics and illusions. Maybe if this one has enough new things I could get excited, but from the previous trailer I saw, it looked like exactly the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I'll definitely look at this one closely, but I just not excited :p

edit: using right words

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2013, 23:52.

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount
1. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount Aug 19, 2013, 22:42 ItBurn

I super-loved Amnesia, but I have no interest in this one... They need to get a hold of my interest...  

931 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo