Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 940 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Saints Row IV "GAT V" Pack Free Today
5. Re: Saints Row IV Sep 17, 2013, 10:17 ItBurn

nin wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 10:12:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 10:03:
nin wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 09:49:
Finished this over the weekend. While fun, I still liked 3 better. And holy hell is 4 buggy. I guess they were trying to beat GTA out the door...

I haven't seen a single bug in 4. Not a single one. I can't even remember a physics glitch or anything. So, I wouldn't call it buggy. I can't understand why someone would like 3 better either. 4 is just better in every way. Maybe you prefer a more "down to earth" game gameplay-wise?

I had:

Boss fights break/freeze - was told not to use explosive weaponry.

Audio logs being played as soon as I loaded a save game.

The mission where you have to drive the tank that's about to explode I had to reset 3 different times before I could get the tank off the spot it spawned.

Inauguration Station suddenly break/disappear from my steam library.

Other folks had guns disappear after a patch.

That's just off the top of my head/last weekend. Check the steam forums...

Ok... I've had the audio log thing I think. That's about it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed
3. Re: Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed Sep 17, 2013, 10:04 ItBurn

Yeah they need to stop the feature creep! Keep raising money, but use it for polish.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV "GAT V" Pack Free Today
3. Re: Saints Row IV Sep 17, 2013, 10:03 ItBurn

nin wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 09:49:
Finished this over the weekend. While fun, I still liked 3 better. And holy hell is 4 buggy. I guess they were trying to beat GTA out the door...

I haven't seen a single bug in 4. Not a single one. I can't even remember a physics glitch or anything. So, I wouldn't call it buggy. I can't understand why someone would like 3 better either. 4 is just better in every way. Maybe you prefer a more "down to earth" game gameplay-wise?

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Patch and Free DLC
1. Re: Rise of the Triad Patch and Free DLC Sep 16, 2013, 19:46 ItBurn

I guess I'm going to have to buy their game even though I don't have time to play it...  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
74. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 10:47 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 10:32:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 10:00:
I live in Montreal, and not even in a remote area.

What logistics company is it?

Canpar...

71. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 10:00 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 09:58:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 09:44:
I can't order from amazon anymore. They use a weird company noone heard of to ship orders here. They're COMPLETELY incompetent and treat you like shit. You absolutely have to go get the package at their "plant". They won't deliver it to your door. It's a 30 minute drive that is impossible to do without a GPS and there's no public transportation whatsoever near. Amazon support basically told me that there's nothing they can do and they won't even log a complaint or something.

You can't post something like that without mentioning where you are. They're a good company but they don't work miracles, they are at the mercy of the local logistics just like you are.

I live in Montreal, and not even in a remote area.

69. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 09:44 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 08:32:
jacobvandy wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 06:29:
If your order was truly eligible for the release day guarantee -- the advertisement on the product page is NOT a promise to all, there are other factors including location -- and it wasn't a matter of the local carrier missing you when attempting delivery, etc., then they owe you for it being late. Probably a $5-10 gift card if the shipping was free, but if say you had paid for overnight, they'd refund you that cost. I've never been ignored by Amazon support, so I'm leaning toward it not having been their fault...

Yeah Amazon has pretty much the best support in the business, if you aren't happy and actually tell them so they will usually go out of their way. Release day delivery is usually more hit than miss for me but I live near an Amazon distro center so *shrug*.

I can't order from amazon anymore. They use a weird company noone heard of to ship orders here. They're COMPLETELY incompetent and treat you like shit. You absolutely have to go get the package at their "plant". They won't deliver it to your door. It's a 30 minute drive that is impossible to do without a GPS and there's no public transportation whatsoever near. Amazon support basically told me that there's nothing they can do and they won't even log a complaint or something.

44. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 20:36 ItBurn

RaZ0r! wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 20:33:
The last one I played was GTA3 on PC and it was kinda cool, but really not my kind of game. If it is released for PC, has no additional DRM, and no performance issues, then I'll pick it up for $10 (or maybe hold out for $5) on Steam sale with all DLC.

I thought that GTA 3 sucked. I really didn't like it. Vice city, san andreas and GTA 4 were amazing though.

42. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 19:41 ItBurn

nin wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 19:40:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 19:38:
nin wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 19:19:
I'm a gamer - I go where the best games are. I'm not going to let a format get in the way of me having a mind blowingly awesome time.

I'm a smart gamer. I play on the platform that offers the best experience and features. If I can't play a specific game on that platform, I'll vote with my wallet for it and future games to be on it.

Your loss. Going to be a hell of a Tuesday!

Yeah, it does suck to wait, but I'd still rather play an unspoiled hi-fi version. Plus it's not like I lack games to play.

39. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 19:38 ItBurn

nin wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 19:19:
I'm a gamer - I go where the best games are. I'm not going to let a format get in the way of me having a mind blowingly awesome time.

I'm a smart gamer. I play on the platform that offers the best experience and features. If I can't play a specific game on that platform, I'll vote with my wallet for it and future games to be on it.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Trailer
6. Re: Elite: Dangerous Trailer Sep 15, 2013, 14:34 ItBurn

This video is basically what Star Citizen had as kickstarter video... Not trying to be negative. More open world space games is good. Not convinced yet though.  

18. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 14:13 ItBurn

My guess is that they're going to release a hi-fi version of the game for the PS4 and Xbone. They'll release the PC version at that time.  

News Comments > Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter
8. Re: Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter Sep 14, 2013, 14:58 ItBurn

nin wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 14:40:
Creston wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 14:35:
I LOVE Timothy Zahn, but his involvement alone isn't enough to get me to cough up money for a dev I've never heard of who lists cell phones and tablets first in their list of supported devices.

That's what I like about KS. No offense to this project (I've not even looked at their page), but holes can be readily apparent, and a good project requires a great pitch, and covering all the bases.

I checked the page out and to me it's an example of a terrible Kickstarter pitch.

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. Sep 13, 2013, 21:16 ItBurn

Fantaz wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 15:06:
I worry for the Star Wars franchise if he thinks a game hurt the movie. will he say the same with his new Star Wars movies when the new Star Wars games suck?

ItBurn wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 09:40:
The problem is not movie tie-ins, it's movie tie-ins that are given to unexperienced studios that are rushed and underfunded. They do the best with what they have. I mean, in 95% of the cases, they should be able to tell if the game will suck or not before even signing the contract.

except in this case the Star Trek game was made by the DE, the same guys who did the original Unreal back in 1998. (based in Toronto, Canada.) they also did The Darkness 2. oh how the mighty have fallen?

Even the best devs won't be able to make a good game with a lack of time and funding, but I don't know if it was the case here. I assume it was, because it always is for movie tie-ins.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 13, 2013, 09:43 ItBurn

nin wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 09:42:
I'll just be happy if JJ doesn't fuck up Star Wars any worse than it already is...

yes

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 13, 2013, 09:40 ItBurn

The problem is not movie tie-ins, it's movie tie-ins that are given to unexperienced studios that are rushed and underfunded. They do the best with what they have. I mean, in 95% of the cases, they should be able to tell if the game will suck or not before even signing the contract.  

News Comments > Titanfall Trailer
7. Re: Titanfall Trailer Sep 13, 2013, 00:27 ItBurn

It looks fun... for a couple of hours...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma III
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 11:05 ItBurn

Yeah, my experience with Arma is a broken unpolished mess with an incredibly boring campaign. I see no reason to believe things changed here.  

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
41. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 16:22 ItBurn

Deathbishop wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 16:19:
Yea, the only scenario I can see this benefiting from is the two PC home that has a stay at home wife. Guy goes to work and wife can access the steam library on the 2nd pc. The only true benefit is the wife isn't logging into Steam with the guy's login but really, what's the point of that? Lending to a friend makes some sense, the friend would have to know for certain that the owner is not on his/her account during a certain time. This gets much more complicated when you multiply by 9 more people (to a max of 10).

Like others said, it really only saves you from giving your credentials out (and to a certain extent, it makes sense due to wallet).

Well, I mostly spend my days at work or travelling. During that time my friends could play my games. Especially friends who work weird shifts, like night shifts. It's free games for them, and I have several people who could benefit in my life.

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
37. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 15:59 ItBurn

Are you guys sure you have to be logged out of Steam for someone else to play your game? Seemed from what I read that you can play another game while the other guy plays the game from your library.

Edit: Yeah, I reread and it seems it's for the whole library.

940 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo