Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 940 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
28. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 14:33 ItBurn

ldonyo wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 14:29:
I brought Steam to my living room two years ago when I hooked my gaming PC to my home theater. It's been working fantastically ever since!

Exactly. Why deal with the several headaches of using this new OS if things already work great.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
19. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 14:00 ItBurn

I have no idea why someone would use this. Why would I install and figure out this new OS that does a lot LESS, when I can already just use Steam on Windows? Plus, I own no Linux games.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
9. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 22, 2013, 21:56 ItBurn

My opinion on the Witcher games is that they actually kinda suck. But the decisions you make are so hard and impactful that near the end of the game, you're very involved and get really into it. Plus the story really ties together only at the end. Basically, it hurts to play it, but after completing it, you're glad you did :p  

News Comments > Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles
29. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 12:28 ItBurn

Redmask wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:24:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:11:
I'm not personally upset, but I still have an opinion on the matter. I've read a lot about the game even though I don't own it; unplayable has been thrown around a lot and I actually feel like you guys are downplaying it. But yeah, I haven't played it. I've been burned before by bad ports.

Why would anyone downplay it? We don't own stock in the company and have no motivation to do so. You have never even played it and you're saying people who have played it don't know what they're talking about, that's not rational.

It is a playable but lazy port. I doubt they did this on purpose but it's impossible to know either way. It's biggest sin is the forced resolution output but this is fixed by clicking and dragging a file from one directory to another, something even the most ignorant steam users manage to do with the instructions on the stickied community page. I don't think you will find a single person who will claim it's a good port but it is certainly playable, I played from start to finish before the resolution even existed.

Buy the next one, don't buy the next one, whatever. It's really not that big of a deal.

My opinion isn't based on sugar plums and fairies... I'm done trying to explain myself.

27. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 12:11 ItBurn

Redmask wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:58:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:30:
Tell this to the guy who doesn't read gaming forums all day and who isn't technical. He's going to be pretty happy about his purchase of this unplayable game! Also, I don't know about you, but my backlog of great games is so massive that I probably have two lifetimes worth. Why would I pick a bad port instead of a great one?

The game is perfectly playable out of the box, what it lacks is polish and PC specific UI touches. I'm not sure why you're so upset when you admit you don't even own it in the first place and don't speak from experience about its deficiencies or lack thereof.

It is not the best PC port I've played but it's far from what you make it out to be. The console versions had their share of bugs and problems too.

I'm not personally upset, but I still have an opinion on the matter. I've read a lot about the game even though I don't own it; unplayable has been thrown around a lot and I actually feel like you guys are downplaying it. But yeah, I haven't played it. I've been burned before by bad ports.

23. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 11:30 ItBurn

ochentay4 wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:25:
Generally Im really vocal about bad ports, but Dark Souls is not a terrible port, it only has 3 faults:

1. Graphics, easily fixed using DSfix (it also provides more usefull features, best mod ever really).
2. Controls, K+M is terrible, but using a 360 gamepad (which the game was designed for) is great, no complains.
3. G4WL, its crap, it worked for me when I wanted to play, but never cared too much for online play so, offline profile and good to go.

So please people stop complaining about Dark Souls port (which all complains are easily fixable) and go play it, as its one of the best games I have played ever, and Ive played too many games already

Tell this to the guy who doesn't read gaming forums all day and who isn't technical. He's going to be pretty happy about his purchase of this unplayable game! Also, I don't know about you, but my backlog of great games is so massive that I probably have two lifetimes worth. Why would I pick a bad port instead of a great one?

20. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 11:25 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:22:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:13:
What I'm about to say isn't just about the Dark Souls devs only. I refuse to take the stance that I should be thankful for getting scraps. I don't NEED their games. There are countless other games out there by other developers who release quality ports and put the necessary effort. Devs with a lot less cash than the Dark Souls ones. I support devs who do good(to me) and don't support those who don't. This isn't a charity. I'm don't owe these guys anything. I'm the one with the buying power and I feel that they deserve shit in this case by the way of a vote from my wallet.

That's a big strawman though. No one said you owe the developers anything. You said the port sucked and people offered some explanations to why it sucked and why we think it'll be better next time. If you want to sit it out and harangue them for eternity over a bad port then go nuts. I'm personally going to give them another chance because it was a great game and frankly the ports problems were easy enough for me to workaround that it wasn't a big deal.

Strawman, really? Anyway, I haven't made up my mind about the second game and I may pick up the first one one day if I somehow played everything and I find it for dirt cheap.

18. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 11:13 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:04:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 10:50:
What that actually means is that they couldn't give two shits about the PC and that we should be thankful that they even gave us the courtesy of a port.

Err no, I don't know where you're inferring that attitude from but it didn't come from the developer. It's a bad port, no one disagrees that its a bad port and they admitted it was a bad port and said they will try to do better. It wasn't financially feasible for them to go back when they were already working on the sequel. It sucks but these things happen in the industry. From is a very small developer with no PC experience in a market where PC gaming is practically non-existent, this is not Blizzard here. I get disappointment but the rage is really silly, they aren't driving around in Ferrari's with the PC sales of this or something.

Anyways that's all water under the bridge, what matters now is what they deliver next year.

I don't know. These are companies that are motivated by money. What I'm about to say isn't just about the Dark Souls devs only. I refuse to take the stance that I should be thankful for getting scraps. I don't NEED their games. There are countless other games out there by other developers who release quality ports and put the necessary effort. Devs with a lot less cash than the Dark Souls ones. I support devs who do good(to me) and don't support those who don't. This isn't a charity. I'm don't owe these guys anything. I'm the one with the buying power and I feel that they deserve shit in this case by the way of a vote from my wallet.

16. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 10:57 ItBurn

Zyrxil wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 10:53:
Or you know, they're a tiny developer with a small staff and no way to suddenly get that PC experience in the time frame during which a port would make sense. They were up front with the limitations of the PC port long before it was released. It's hardly a situation worth getting angry about.

I disagree

14. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 10:50 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 10:39:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 10:30:
The thing is that the second game will be more advanced and might take for granted that you played the previous one. Also, I'll be lost story wise.

The Souls games are generally standalone affairs and the storylines are self contained. They share commonalities in gameplay obviously but you have to seek the story in these games anyway, it isn't given to the player in patronizing exposition segments.

do expect the port to be better this time. I think they said it would be. If it's as bad, you can bet I'll give them the finger. A little part of the issue is also that they failed to fix the first game on PC. In fact, they refuse to. I'd rather support a developer who supports the PC properly, and honestly, who isn't an asshole.

It was their first PC game and the PC market in Japan is miniscule, the only reason we got it at all was due to online petitions. It would have required a lot of work to patch up and the sequel was already in progress so for better or worse they pressed on. I think it's a testament to the quality of these games that people loved it in spite of the port. I respect the fact that they owned up to their mistakes too instead of hiding behind a publisher.

Yeah, it wasn't a mistake that the port sucked. What they said is that they were sorry the the PC port sucked, and it was because they had no PC experience. What that actually means is that they couldn't give two shits about the PC and that we should be thankful that they even gave us the courtesy of a port. There's no excuse. If you don't have the PC experience, you GET the PC experience. You hire a guy, you hire a consultant, whatever, you do it. There's absolutely no excuse for releasing shitty software. They didn't want to put the effort and didn't care really. Quick port for quick bucks. That's not a developer I want to support.

12. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 10:30 ItBurn

Alamar wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 10:23:
Zyrxil wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 09:59:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 09:44:
I refuse to play the first one because of the horrible terrible port. I fear I won't play the second one because of that.
Well that just seems silly. The logical outcome of that is eventually you won't be playing the 10th game of the series because of one poor port (which has excellent mods working around the problems) from years and years ago.

I believe he meant that the port for the second one will be just as bad, and therefore, not worth playing...

I picked this game up way late, on a $7.49 amazon sale, and was hugely pleasantly surprised... I agree that the Mouse/KB controls are horrid, and I finally picked up an xbox controller for the PC to play it (so didn't really save on the sale). After getting used to the controls (I didn't play this style much, especially with a controller), and getting used to the combat, I rocked the game : ) Have gone through a bunch of times, with different builds, and really enjoyed Dex/Int based gameplay. Due to all this, DS2 was going to be a day one purchase, but now I'm not sure I want to 'waste' getting it on console, or wait who-knows-how-long for the PC version.

-Alamar

The thing is that the second game will be more advanced and might take for granted that you played the previous one. Also, I'll be lost story wise. I do expect the port to be better this time. I think they said it would be. If it's as bad, you can bet I'll give them the finger. A little part of the issue is also that they failed to fix the first game on PC. In fact, they refuse to. I'd rather support a developer who supports the PC properly, and honestly, who isn't an asshole.

8. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 10:06 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 09:54:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 09:44:
I refuse to play the first one because of the horrible terrible port. I fear I won't play the second one because of that.

You can just install a DX wrapper and it's good to go. It's not a very good port for sure but "horrible terrible" is a bit much, its actually quite stable and the online stuff works fine even if GFWL is fucking annoying. I would hate to miss out on such a great game over something that's fairly easy to circumvent. The devs owned up to it and said they will do better this time around, let's hope so.

I've made a post about this in the past. You need at least 3 different patches and need to do manual changes in order to get it playable.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 10:04 ItBurn

LesCaster wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 09:56:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 09:47:
4 cups of coffee a day!? Major caffeine addiction. Preposterous amounts of energy.

Four cups spread out over the course of a day is nothing. You'll barely even notice the caffeine. At least I don't.

I would get a serious case of the shakes. You've built up resistance/are already addicted :p

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 09:47 ItBurn

4 cups of coffee a day!? Major caffeine addiction. Preposterous amounts of energy.  

4. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 09:44 ItBurn

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2013, 10:11 ItBurn

My condolences. But yeah, death is part of life.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Launches
2. Re: MechWarrior Online Launches Sep 18, 2013, 09:56 ItBurn

Apparently there's major controvercy around this game. The fans are completely pissed, and things are going to the pooper.

Great article about it: A Cautionary Tale: The Rage of the Mechwarrior Online Community

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
16. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 15:44 ItBurn

2nd_floor wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 15:32:
Cyant wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 15:26:
The maps being almost always identical was what killed it for me got bored so fast. At least in D2 you didnt knew if you had to go east on Map X and west on map Y.

Was D3 not randomly generated like D1 and D2? Maps and items. The towns were not, but the dungeons and caves etc, I mean.

D3 was NOT randomized.

News Comments > The Evil Within TGS Trailer
5. Re: The Evil Within TGS Trailer Sep 17, 2013, 13:53 ItBurn

I don't like third person horror. It's not horror when you can see through walls and behind yourself and aren't "living" the action. Also, it looked rather generic. I don't know. Like I've said once before, I'm not a fan of his games.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed
12. Re: Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed Sep 17, 2013, 11:29 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 11:25:
Salvage mechanic sounds pretty cool, but how would that work in their MMO-ish universe? First guy to get there gets money, everyone else starves to death?

You salvage destroyed ships and stations. There should be an ample and renewable supply of these. I'm guessing there'll be respawnable ruins or whatever all over the universe also. Plus the plan is to constantly update the game with new systems, so perhaps you can indeed be the "first" to salvage something.

Eve Online does it pretty well. Except that it's mind numbingly boring and slow.

940 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo