Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 817 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced
20. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 20:01 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:53:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:34:
Your opinion has been noted.

Actually, it's fact. There is a huge difference between opinion and fact.

Fact is, they advertised 4 packs in the Seasons Pass, that's all they owe you for whatever price you paid for it.

My opinion is, that you are a whiney entitled child because your opinion is you think you deserve more than what you were advertised and paid for.

Don't tell me about Alien CM. I bought the game and the Seasons Pass. I'm not happy with the way it turned out, but I took a chance on it and it didn't turn out. Won't be the first time I've been burned on a game purchase and I highly doubt it will be the last. Difference is BL2 is a decent game (that I find kind of boring) that has been well supported in the year it has been out and they have more content coming out.

Despite being displeased with the game, I think the lawsuit is stupid and I hope it won't go anywhere. Nor do I expect it to. Unfinished material gets used all the time for entertainment advertising. Scenes are removed from movies, songs are rearranged and games graphics change.

By your logic, if it was called "The every DLC ever pack", but when you read the description, it says you only get 4 specific DLC packs, it would be perfectly fine. It would be moral and done in good conscience by the developers and in no way an attempt to manipulate gamers into more sales.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 19:34 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:31:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:20:
I don't feel entitled to content that was never advertised. I feel entitled to receiving everything that was released in a season when I buy a season pass. Purely a naming and manipulation issue. I don't think that being mad at the naming of a DLC pack is making developers going out of business.

Wrong. What you paid for in a Seasons Pass is what was advertised at the time. The Seasons Pass was defined in August 2012 as being....

"Borderlands 2 will have at least four downloadable content expansions by next summer. 2K Games announced a $30 season pass this morning, available at launch, which will make the four pieces of $10 DLC accessible for the price of three. The season pass is available for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC."

Which ended up being... Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty, Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.

Everything beyond that is a bonus, which you also got Mechromancer pack (originally preorder bonus) and the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack with the Seasons Pass.

There is no "naming and manipulation issue" here. Just your lack of basic comprehension and being entitled to more content than what you agreed upon at the time of purchase.

Your opinion has been noted.
I still believe that naming it a SEASON pass and not giving you everything that was released during a SEASON, is bullshit.

It's not the first time Gearbox has done what some may call false advertising. They were actually sued for the Alien fiasco. But in the season pass case, it's entirely within the law. Doesn't make it moral.

15. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 19:20 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:17:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:08:
Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:05:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 18:58:
Now yes, they stated that it was only for the 4 quest DLCs, but this doesn't matter to me

/facepalm

You bought what they advertised. End of story. As it is, they already included the UVHP in the Season's Pass, which they didn't need to do as it wasn't advertised.

Fucking children these days think they deserve everything in the world for nothing.

Why are you guys so mad about my different opinion? I've had less flak from offending religious people.

Because your greedy opinion is what leads to developers going out of business. Why do you feel entitled to content that was never advertised in the package you paid for?

I don't feel entitled to content that was never advertised. I feel entitled to receiving everything that was released in a season when I buy a season pass. Purely a naming and manipulation issue. I don't think that being mad at the naming of a DLC pack is making developers going out of business. I bought the thing already. Gearbox will put themselves out of business without my help if they continue releasing excellent games like the new Aliens game...

13. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 19:08 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:05:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 18:58:
Now yes, they stated that it was only for the 4 quest DLCs, but this doesn't matter to me

/facepalm

You bought what they advertised. End of story. As it is, they already included the UVHP in the Season's Pass, which they didn't need to do as it wasn't advertised.

Fucking children these days think they deserve everything in the world for nothing.

Why are you guys so mad about my different opinion? I've had less flak from offending religious people.

10. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 18:58 ItBurn

Flatline wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 18:29:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 17:34:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 17:31:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 17:17:
This season pass bullshit is bullshit. I paid one price to get everything, but I don't get everything. None of the cosmetic DLCs, not all mission DLCs. Bullshit.

Yup, blame them for your own stupid assumption, that's the way to be!

I knew perfectly well what it was. I still think it's bullshit. You made a stupid assumption about what I meant. :p

No you said you paid one price for everything. But you didn't. You paid one price for a specific amount of DLC that was stated up front. He wasn't making an assumption, he was going by what you said.

You're right. But to me, season pass means that you get everything released this season. This isn't the case. It feels like lying to me and I think that that's bullshit. Now yes, they stated that it was only for the 4 quest DLCs, but this doesn't matter to me, it's bullshit in my opinion. No amount of lawyers or contracts will make me feel like this is an actual season pass. This is what I meant, but I didn't feel like writing a book about it.

7. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 17:34 ItBurn

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 17:31:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 17:17:
This season pass bullshit is bullshit. I paid one price to get everything, but I don't get everything. None of the cosmetic DLCs, not all mission DLCs. Bullshit.

Yup, blame them for your own stupid assumption, that's the way to be!

I knew perfectly well what it was. I still think it's bullshit. You made a stupid assumption about what I meant. :p

5. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 17:17 ItBurn

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer
10. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 01:38 ItBurn

I've heard that the game features no inventory. Not sure it's the kind of game I want.  

News Comments > New Strider Game Announced
5. Re: New Strider Game Announced Jul 19, 2013, 00:55 ItBurn

It looked pretty good gameplay-wise. Kinda looks like Megaman Zero, which I loved.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Campaign Details
8. Re: Battlefield 4 Campaign Details Jul 18, 2013, 17:31 ItBurn

You guys are telling me that you actually enjoy the COD-style single player campaigns? I mean, I liked the first COD and the first modern warfare, but I mean, seriously? You want more of that?  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Campaign Details
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Campaign Details Jul 18, 2013, 17:21 ItBurn

I'm in the BF is a multiplayer game camp. Single player was tacked on in order to compete with COD's single player campaign. I'm also all for dropping single player to focus on the multi.  

News Comments > Crypt Run Kickstarter and Demo
2. Re: Crypt Run Kickstarter and Demo Jul 17, 2013, 23:01 ItBurn

I've played this before, it's called Binding of Isaac.  

News Comments > MotorGun Kickstarter
8. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Jul 17, 2013, 00:10 ItBurn

650k for a multiplayer-only game with no prototype shown is tough to swallow.  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jul 15, 2013, 20:58 ItBurn

Undying is indeed one of the best games I've ever played. Amazing.

I hated divine divinity. Hated it.

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
7. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 11:04 ItBurn

Yeah I'm getting pretty annoyed with these gameplay trailers with no gameplay.  

News Comments > New Super Street Fighter 4 Characters Next Year
4. Re: New Super Street Fighter 4 Characters Next Year Jul 14, 2013, 17:15 ItBurn

I got ssf4 and the single player is horrible. The AI cheats constantly. Also, way too many buttons and moves. I like the new MK a lot more.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
44. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 17:44 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 16:28:
GMG's 666 sale was garbage. Was mostly crappy budget games and was very limited, was made up of titles from the same IP's (ie: Worms games were on sale most cycles instead of just having them all discounted at once). Sales applied to bundles only and not individual titles. (ie: Total War and Borderlands 2). I didn't buy a single game during the GMG sale.

I bought like 5 games. Far from being crap.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
20. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:41 ItBurn

The Sale is great and all, but I suggest that you take a look at Green Man Gaming before you purchase something. They almost always have better prices (throughout the year I mean). And they also give you a steam key, so you can redeem that if you want. Right now, Bioshock infinite is 50% on Steam, but it's 50% on GMG and they also have a 20% off ticket that you can combine...  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
101. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 10:06 ItBurn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 03:00:
I don't understand why people deprive themselves like that. You are missing out on a great game. Played through it 2x. These type of games are made for a console anyway. Or at leats a PC hooked up to big screen using a game pad.....

I know he blocked me, but this is for the others
Reasons: Better controls for aiming, better textures, more details, more cars and pedestrians, better loading times, to support the PC platform, etc. Playing on console, even if it was released on them first, is a lesser version of the game. I love GTA 5 so much that I want to play the best version of it. I have no problem waiting forever if need be, there are a ton of other games that are also awesome... I guess that this is basically the masrhmallow test: Those who wait are more successful in life :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_marshmallow_experiment

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2013, 10:14.

News Comments > Firefall Open Beta
13. Re: Firefall Open Beta Jul 10, 2013, 00:16 ItBurn

I was interested, but now I may wait for the final game But generally, open betas never end... They're basically the final game. Regardless of what they say, I'm not sure they're going to deliver more, or "enough".  

817 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo