Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 871 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
39. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 19:38 ItBurn

nin wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 19:19:
I'm a gamer - I go where the best games are. I'm not going to let a format get in the way of me having a mind blowingly awesome time.

I'm a smart gamer. I play on the platform that offers the best experience and features. If I can't play a specific game on that platform, I'll vote with my wallet for it and future games to be on it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Trailer
6. Re: Elite: Dangerous Trailer Sep 15, 2013, 14:34 ItBurn

This video is basically what Star Citizen had as kickstarter video... Not trying to be negative. More open world space games is good. Not convinced yet though.  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
18. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 14:13 ItBurn

My guess is that they're going to release a hi-fi version of the game for the PS4 and Xbone. They'll release the PC version at that time.  

News Comments > Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter
8. Re: Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter Sep 14, 2013, 14:58 ItBurn

nin wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 14:40:
Creston wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 14:35:
I LOVE Timothy Zahn, but his involvement alone isn't enough to get me to cough up money for a dev I've never heard of who lists cell phones and tablets first in their list of supported devices.

That's what I like about KS. No offense to this project (I've not even looked at their page), but holes can be readily apparent, and a good project requires a great pitch, and covering all the bases.

I checked the page out and to me it's an example of a terrible Kickstarter pitch.

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. Sep 13, 2013, 21:16 ItBurn

Fantaz wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 15:06:
I worry for the Star Wars franchise if he thinks a game hurt the movie. will he say the same with his new Star Wars movies when the new Star Wars games suck?

ItBurn wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 09:40:
The problem is not movie tie-ins, it's movie tie-ins that are given to unexperienced studios that are rushed and underfunded. They do the best with what they have. I mean, in 95% of the cases, they should be able to tell if the game will suck or not before even signing the contract.

except in this case the Star Trek game was made by the DE, the same guys who did the original Unreal back in 1998. (based in Toronto, Canada.) they also did The Darkness 2. oh how the mighty have fallen?

Even the best devs won't be able to make a good game with a lack of time and funding, but I don't know if it was the case here. I assume it was, because it always is for movie tie-ins.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 13, 2013, 09:43 ItBurn

nin wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 09:42:
I'll just be happy if JJ doesn't fuck up Star Wars any worse than it already is...

yes

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 13, 2013, 09:40 ItBurn

The problem is not movie tie-ins, it's movie tie-ins that are given to unexperienced studios that are rushed and underfunded. They do the best with what they have. I mean, in 95% of the cases, they should be able to tell if the game will suck or not before even signing the contract.  

News Comments > Titanfall Trailer
7. Re: Titanfall Trailer Sep 13, 2013, 00:27 ItBurn

It looks fun... for a couple of hours...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma III
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 11:05 ItBurn

Yeah, my experience with Arma is a broken unpolished mess with an incredibly boring campaign. I see no reason to believe things changed here.  

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
41. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 16:22 ItBurn

Deathbishop wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 16:19:
Yea, the only scenario I can see this benefiting from is the two PC home that has a stay at home wife. Guy goes to work and wife can access the steam library on the 2nd pc. The only true benefit is the wife isn't logging into Steam with the guy's login but really, what's the point of that? Lending to a friend makes some sense, the friend would have to know for certain that the owner is not on his/her account during a certain time. This gets much more complicated when you multiply by 9 more people (to a max of 10).

Like others said, it really only saves you from giving your credentials out (and to a certain extent, it makes sense due to wallet).

Well, I mostly spend my days at work or travelling. During that time my friends could play my games. Especially friends who work weird shifts, like night shifts. It's free games for them, and I have several people who could benefit in my life.

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
37. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 15:59 ItBurn

Are you guys sure you have to be logged out of Steam for someone else to play your game? Seemed from what I read that you can play another game while the other guy plays the game from your library.

Edit: Yeah, I reread and it seems it's for the whole library.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
60. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 23:18 ItBurn

Proudfoot wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 15:05:
Flo wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 10:40:
I want this game, I really do, but somehow I have a bad feeling about it. But this can't go wrong, can it? Anyway, waiting to spend my money on release day.

Hellgate London started out like this. (ambitious, cool features, awesome graphics, ...)

Just saying.

Hellgate London is awesome. I've hard more fun with it than Diablo 1 or 2.

18. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 12:55 ItBurn

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 12:53:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 12:52:
Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 12:50:
Creston wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 12:39:
Was FPS combat always supposed to be part of Star Citizen? It seems a weird thing to add on to a space trading/fighting sim?

It's funny how people were saying they keep adding crazy features. FPS combat sounds like the craziest most ambitious thing you could add to this game.

I haven't backed. But I certainly look forward to it's release. Best of luck to the devs..

Well, this is the Cry engine. Fps combat is actually the default. All they added is the space combat. The hangar module, which is already release already has fps controls. It even has third person. Just because it's incredibly easy.
I'm sorry, but that is not incredibly easy unless they don't mind it being a tacked on and brief. Art resources, weapons, environments, player models, FPS gameplay all need to be implemented. There is nothing straight forward about that.

Well, yeah. If you want to make an incredibly detailed, complete and balanced fps game, it would be incredibly difficult, but I didn't get a vibe of that's what they wanted to do. I'm expecting more of a shooter "lite", with less stuff, but well working stuff.

16. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 12:52 ItBurn

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 12:50:
Was FPS combat always supposed to be part of Star Citizen? It seems a weird thing to add on to a space trading/fighting sim?

It's funny how people were saying they keep adding crazy features. FPS combat sounds like the craziest most ambitious thing you could add to this game.

I haven't backed. But I certainly look forward to it's release. Best of luck to the devs..

Well, this is the Cry engine. Fps combat is actually the default. All they added is the space combat. The hangar module, which was released this week, already has fps controls. It even has third person. Just because it's incredibly easy.

14. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 12:47 ItBurn

Yeah almost since day one you were supposed to be able to board enemy shits(edit: awesome typo) and go at it fps style to capture them. But noone ever expected planetary combat.

9. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 11:36 ItBurn

This is awesome. What's more awesome is that the negative comments haven't started yet in this thread.

One question though. Where the hell is all this money coming from?

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
6. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 10:11 ItBurn

Maybe they could let us resell our old games and publishers would take a cut?  

News Comments > Humble Origin Bundle Raises Over $10M
25. Re: Humble Origin Bundle Raises Over $10M Sep 4, 2013, 16:08 ItBurn

Xero wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 16:07:
Someone nailed it. The only reason EA got involved in this was so that they had more people register with Origin. It was a win win for them.

And also get people interested in their franchises in order to get a bigger "fan" pool for the next iterations.

News Comments > Humble Origin Bundle Raises Over $10M
20. Re: Humble Origin Bundle Raises Over $10M Sep 4, 2013, 15:25 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 14:34:
Also, is it just me, or are Humble Bundles the new Steam Sales? I have bought maybe one or two games on Steam all year, but have bought the Humble Bundle at least once a month this year. Confused

This is the first bundle I buy in years...
I've bought all my games on GreenManGaming.
Steam just doesn't have the best deals.
I just bought metro last light for 20$ on Steam though...

News Comments > On Star Citizen's $17M Haul
32. Re: On Star Citizen's $17M Haul Sep 2, 2013, 00:07 ItBurn

While you guys keep piling on that undeserved negativity, I'm busy walking around the cool hangar in the recent hangar module they released to the public.  

871 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo