Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 926 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 16:42 ItBurn

I didn't play the expansions, but I don't know if I want to play this again... Sure the boss fights sucked, but I got past them. Maybe I could try to do it without ever being seen/knocking anyone out.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds
8. Re: GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds Oct 22, 2013, 13:09 ItBurn

GOG is too nice... Since this is drm-free, it's basically GOG giving the game away for free. I would rather they kept the money and stayed afloat or improved...  

News Comments > Path of Exile Launch This Week
7. Re: Path of Exile Launch This Week Oct 21, 2013, 22:03 ItBurn

If you're a hardcore Diablo player, you'll love this. Tons of builds and things to calculate. It's tough, but fair. The system is very solid.

I played it for 20-30 hours, but then lost interest. I'm no hardcore Diablo guy. I hate their skill system and the classes aren't different enough. Also, it's not satisfying enough to kill monsters. But for a free game, and trust me, this is truly free, no pay to win, it's one of the best out there. I'd rather play Hellgate Tokyo though

News Comments > Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident
3. Re: Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident Oct 21, 2013, 11:22 ItBurn

Great vid  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2013, 18:08 ItBurn

Stanley Parable is awesome! I wouldn't really call it a game though... I have no idea what I'd call it! It's a lot of fun for three hours.

wtf. Steam says I played 11 hours. There's NO way that's correct.

News Comments > NVIDIA G-SYNC Display Tech
8. Re: NVIDIA G-SYNC Display Tech Oct 18, 2013, 16:45 ItBurn

Cool tech, but I can't say that I've ever felt that current vsync options were a problem... Maybe if I tried it I would find it more impressive than I imagine?  

News Comments > Thief Dropping XP System
5. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 17, 2013, 09:31 ItBurn

MajorD wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 09:25:
nin wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 09:17:
Just give me a goddamn jump button, and I'll give it a chance...

Yeah, that has to be 'one' of the more bigger bonehead moves!

Real thieves NEVER jump.

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Design Competition
7. Re: Star Citizen Ship Design Competition Oct 11, 2013, 13:37 ItBurn

John wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 13:23:
BadIronTree wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 12:46:
Also check out the new ships :D
Retaliator
Gladiator
Pretty cool stuff! I wonder if the single-player campaign will include the same ships that are in MP though..

No. The single player campaign takes places in the military. You'll be flying military ships. I guess there could be an "undercover" mission where you'd fly other ships...

News Comments > Space Rangers HD Next Week
11. Re: Space Rangers HD Next Week Oct 10, 2013, 14:11 ItBurn

Played Space Rangers 2 and hated it. It fits in this weird niche that I can't stand. It feels like Sid Meier's pirates.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2013, 14:19.

News Comments > Thief Gameplay Trailer
21. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 9, 2013, 18:14 ItBurn

1badmf wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 18:07:
Overon wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 17:35:
I wanted Thief style game. I did not want Thief with the Dishonored style "supernatural" powers. Dishonored was very good however. Dishonored Thief is what we are getting, sadly.

where did you see supernatural powers? i didn't see any magic in this clip. a few poofy stealing effects, but nothing i would call magical. funny considering how a previous poster was complaining about how this wasnt supernatural and mystical like the original.

I think he has a bionic eye that allows him to see in the dark and highlight certain things and stuff. Could be magical. I personally never liked the magical stuff or the machines.

News Comments > Thief Gameplay Trailer
8. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 9, 2013, 14:03 ItBurn

It looked pretty good to me. Looks a bit too much like Dishonored though. It doesn't seem to have an atmosphere as unique as Human Revolution's either.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
25. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 9, 2013, 00:00 ItBurn

Dev wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 23:56:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 23:21:
I believe in Chris and Star Citizen, but let's not delude ourselves here, their servers will crash and burn HARD on release day. It's been like that with every single event or thing they released. They even joke about it and are open with the backers (if you stay in touch with the community). They know it, we know it, it'll be ok.

Buuuuuut. Since I backed the KS because I mostly wanted the single player, I'll be ok?
Right?
Right?

I'm pretty sure it's going to take you a week to be able to download the game from their servers...

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
22. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 8, 2013, 23:21 ItBurn

I believe in Chris and Star Citizen, but let's not delude ourselves here, their servers will crash and burn HARD on release day. It's been like that with every single event or thing they released. They even joke about it and are open with the backers (if you stay in touch with the community). They know it, we know it, it'll be ok.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition
28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 17:17 ItBurn

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 17:12:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 17:10:
Hellgate wasn't bad, it just wasn't worth a subscription price. That killed it before it really got traction.

Did they ever release the new version for the US? I know another company bought it and was running it in the EU.

Not sure, maybe ItBurn can chime in on that one. But i really enjoyed it when flagship was running it, and was sad how it went out

Yes, it works in the US now. It's called Hellgate: Tokyo. They added an insane amount of content. The Tokyo expansion is huge. It's free to play, but definitely pay to win. You absolutely don't need to pay to progress in the game and have fun in coop. The performance of the game can be pretty bad in some areas and the servers occasionally lag, but it's been ok for me.

http://hellgate.t3fun.com/base.html

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 16:56 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 16:48:
Every single review I'm pulling up mentions the auto-aim.
From Wikipedia:
Precision aiming is not required to use most weapons; which track their targets, "lock-on", or carpet an area with explosives... The weapons base their power on character stats more than a player's aiming skills, being more of an RPG than an FPS in this regard.
From Gamespot:
You get the impression that when you aim your weapon at something and start firing, all you're doing is triggering some hidden series of dice rolls that determine how hard you hit.
From the Hellgate London Wiki:
Although the game looks like a shooter, pinpoint aiming skills are not required. Most weapons track their targets, lock on, or simply carpet an area with explosives.

Maybe it changed over time?

In any case, as to how it was "designed," here are quotes from Roper when the game was first revealed at E3:
. Although at times the game has a very distinct FPS feel to it, we have gone to great lengths to remove the necessity for players to have pixel-perfect aiming skills or hyper-accurate reflexes to succeed in the game. Killing monsters is all about your character level, your character skills and spells, and the equipment and weapons you?ve managed to acquire.

The original design was Diablo with a first person perspective. Similar to how, in Diablo, you just point at a demon and click to attack it, that was the original, stated goal from Flagship in 2005.

Well, it's not quake 3! It doesn't require split second fps aiming(neither does BL). But you do need to aim at your targets, get closer if your gun is not accurate enough and stop moving/shooting for the spread to diminish. There are no dice rolls to hitting or not. Other than the random spread of a gun, just like in every fps ever. Yes, the equipment and skills are more important than aiming. But you do need to aim and aiming fast will pull you out of a lot of trouble. Those "reviews" do somewhat tell the truth(there's absolutely never been lock-on though), but for some reason you read them wrong :p Trust me, I've played this game a lot, I'm actually currently playing it...

I think that there's a lot of disinformation floating around because of the anger directed towards the game.

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 16:32 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 16:19:
Axis wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 16:07:
Beamer wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 15:56:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 15:11:
Its a Hellgate: London clone

<runs and hides>

It's an FPS. HGL was not, it was just an action game with an FP view. From what I recall, it was autoaim - just push the button with something in the screen and it fired at it.

Borderlands requires some FPS skill. Maybe not as much as, say, Battlefield, but it requires some.

Beamer you argue about the stupidest shit and make yourself look terribly ignorant.

HGL is was always will be a First Person Shooter.

And Battlefield doesn't require keen FPS 'skill', Quake Live does.

Then that changed before release, because the original previews all mentioned that yes, it was an auto-aim game. In fact, go watch the debut trailers from E3 again - the game had a 3rd person mode. The player had a choice to play in FP or TP.

So, while this may have changed, the game was designed to be third person or first person and to be all auto-aimed. Here's the discussion on Blues from the announce. Notice people bitching about how Flagship was calling the ballistic weapons system like spell delivery and that it didn't need to be aimed.

I played the game since day one and there never was auto-aim. There's no way it was "designed" to have auto-aim. It would have been a huge task to change everything. As for the first person mode, you can switch between 1st and 3rd at any time. The 3rd person view obviously has view advantages, but the 1st person one is very solid. I much prefer the 1st person view. They show your weapons in full detail and even the mods you equip in them. If you're going to use the "designed" term, then it was designed for both 1st and 3rd person. I assure you that it does feel like a fps and does not have mmo gameplay.

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 16:06 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 15:56:

<runs and hides>

It's an FPS. HGL was not, it was just an action game with an FP view. From what I recall, it was autoaim - just push the button with something in the screen and it fired at it.

Borderlands requires some FPS skill. Maybe not as much as, say, Battlefield, but it requires some.

While the FPS mechanics of BL are indeed better, HGL does NOT have auto-aim. You have to shoot at enemies and gun spread and accuracy is a huge factor in what weapons and skills you use. Also, circle strafing, dodging and going behind cover helps significantly as enemies use the same abilities as you do.

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 15:32 ItBurn

<runs and hides>

I'm probably the biggest HGL fan. It's pretty far from HGL.

Borderlands:

+ Has headshots.
+ Physics are better.
+ WAY better story and quests.
+ Open world areas.
+ Much better graphics/more recent.
- Never fight more than 8-10 enemies at once.
- Interface is SH*T
- Costs a lot of money to get all the DLC.

Hellgate:

+ WAY better loot system. (Best Diablo-style system ever IMO)
+ WAY more complex/solid skill trees/advancement/class system. (Best Diablo-style system ever IMO)
+ All areas are randomized/more replayability.
+ Mature game.
+ Rooms can be filled with hundreds of enemies.
+ Completely free.

Basically, BL is the casual version of the Diablo+FPS and HGL is the hardcore version. I do like both games. I want more FPS/RPG hybrids!

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2013, 15:41.

News Comments > DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements
13. Re: DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements Oct 8, 2013, 13:13 ItBurn

Bots are awesome, we need more bots. It's great when you want to play coop with a bunch of friends in a stress free environment with noone yelling at you. You can easily tailor the game to be just hard/easy enough to the amount of people and their skill. Try to get a lan party going with some casuals mixed in and you'll see why playing against real humans is a problem.  

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 12:35 ItBurn

nin wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 12:11:
Zanderat1 wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 12:08:
Never played BL games. Seems like consolised Fallout clones. Or is there more to them than that?

Closer to Diablo.

Yeah, has nothing to do with Fallout! It's a light diablo with light fps gameplay that feels almost like a mmo, but not quite.

926 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo