Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 926 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > X Rebirth Launch Trailer
7. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 10:12 ItBurn

It's definitely not the game that I *want*, but it may be fun. What I want is Freelancer-style exploration (or better), but the X games never had that.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > X Rebirth Launch Trailer
5. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 10:09 ItBurn

JayDeath wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 09:31:
I'm so pissed I missed the gamefly 20% off code offer. I would have bought it with the discount. Shit.

GreenManGaming will probably have a 20-25% off code. By probably I mean, they will have one.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced
1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced Nov 12, 2013, 11:40 ItBurn

Monolith aren't what they once were...  

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access
9. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Nov 7, 2013, 00:12 ItBurn

Definitely looking forward to this one. I love the physics, but I refuse to do the early access thing... From what I read, the game is far from done too. Will wait for the final version.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Free DLC
28. Re: Saints Row IV Free DLC Nov 6, 2013, 17:01 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 16:44:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 15:49:
Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 15:47:
I didn't mind being given a jet and a tank. I minded being given the first two or three of the five "make cash" upgrades. And several crew upgrades. I would have enjoyed unlocking those for myself.

I know it's silly to take SR3's story seriously, but you're thrown into a completely new town where you're the target of the existing gangs, and yet somehow, with my 'cheated' version, I already had recruited gang members and had extortion money ready waiting for me.

It was a stupid cheat, and sadly because of the way Steam integrates DLC, I can never, ever turn it off.

I had the same problem with Sleeping Dogs. After like 5 hours, I had unlocked EVERYTHING. Made almost everything a useless grind. Still loved the game though.

Dang, really? I really struggled to completely unlock the Triad meter. I had to lay waste to ~ 250 monks a few times to get those points up. But like Prez said, the missions (and story) were so awesome in Sleeping Dogs that I didn't really care.

Well with the DLC I had, my XP raised extremely fast, so I absolutely didn't need to do any kind of side activity.

So you guys think that the story was that great? It was FINE, but seriously, it was extremely disjointed. Sometimes nonsensical. You met new characters and they had absolutely no introduction and the hero seemed to know them closely... It ended up making some sense, but it's lightyears behind the storytelling of the GTAs or even SR4. SR3's story was even worse though.

23. Re: Saints Row IV Free DLC Nov 6, 2013, 15:49 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 15:47:
I didn't mind being given a jet and a tank. I minded being given the first two or three of the five "make cash" upgrades. And several crew upgrades. I would have enjoyed unlocking those for myself.

I know it's silly to take SR3's story seriously, but you're thrown into a completely new town where you're the target of the existing gangs, and yet somehow, with my 'cheated' version, I already had recruited gang members and had extortion money ready waiting for me.

It was a stupid cheat, and sadly because of the way Steam integrates DLC, I can never, ever turn it off.

I had the same problem with Sleeping Dogs. After like 5 hours, I had unlocked EVERYTHING. Made almost everything a useless grind. Still loved the game though.

17. Re: Saints Row IV Free DLC Nov 6, 2013, 09:41 ItBurn

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 03:28:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 00:05:
The Saint's Row DLC SUCKS. Unbalances the game. Borderline useless. But the game is amazing. Give them your money (for the full game, not the dlc).

Hahah... saints row, balanced, in the same sentence. You're too funny. Saints row is basically a game that gives you cheats you can purchase in game. It's just a game where you mess around. Anyone going into saints expecting 'serious videogame challenge' just doesn't get what saints is about.

The progression system, even if it makes you a god, is part of the fun. If you mess with it, it destroys a significant part of the fun. I'm not talking about some guns being better than others...

10. Re: Saints Row IV Free DLC Nov 6, 2013, 00:05 ItBurn

The Saint's Row DLC SUCKS. Unbalances the game. Borderline useless. But the game is amazing. Give them your money (for the full game, not the dlc).  

News Comments > Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans
48. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 16:14 ItBurn

Flatline wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 16:03:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:47:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:42:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:35:
Remove Bioshock infinite(it's the definition of taking something and making it mass market to make more money). Add Star Citizen and other Kickstarter projects(I guess your list is only released games though).

I thought about SC, but it's open to criticism that it's just sucking cash, and also it hasn't come out yet.

Also, Bio Infinite: wow, really? A game that took almost five years to make with a unique setting, great world building, great story telling, and you think this was a mass market cash grab? I think it was an risky venture. The safe move would have been to make Bioshock 3. It would have come out sooner, and they would have had more confidence in it selling more.

Bioshock was built on top of the popularity of System Shock and was nothing like it. They probably wanted to make a new System Shock game, but no publisher would agree to it, so they made this mass market game full of linear corridors and classic Call of Duty gameplay. Granted, the story and art style was above average. The sole existence of this game is because publishers didn't want the awesome game(system shock 3), but were ok with using it as leverage for more money.

As far as Infinite goes, it still has the Bioshock name, so no diff.

Err... No. The System Shock license is stuck in limbo due to Looking Glass Studios going under the way they did. You also are admitting to knowing fuck-all about the development of the original Bioshock and passing off your fuck-all as actual knowledge.

And not to put too fine a point on it, but have you played SS2 lately? It... didn't hold up well. And it's still one of my all-time favorite game experiences. Tissue-paper weapons that break every 8 uses, having to plug massive amounts of XP into research to wield a giant stick, an incredibly clunky inventory system, and other gameplay design elements that aren't as awesome as you remember. Let's not forget the terrible, atrocious, pasted on ending that even the devs admitted was just kind of thrown together last minute ("NAH!!!" *BANG* End of game). And you accuse Call of Duty of being a corridor shooter when literally that's ALL that SS2 was. Lots of corridors and randomly spawning enemies and a piss poor combat system.

System Shock 1 was even worse. Terrible controls, about as intuitive as sanskrit, and the story wasn't as strong as SS2.

This hipster idea that old games that play like shit are somehow superior to games that play smoothly or are fun to play is kind of annoying. God forbid we smooth gameplay out so that it doesn't feel like we're manipulating spreadsheets while we have a great story experience.

Anybody can make a system more complex. It takes real talent though to make something truly simpler and improve on the gaming experience.

I really don't know anything about what happened and didn't claim I did. It was just what I thought "probably" happened. You can't deny my whole point though, that they used the name of a beloved franchise to make a more mass market, simpler game.

I personally hated SS2, but I respect it. Can't say the same for Bioshock.

I'm not asking for complex games for the sake of being complex, but I'm asking for games that at least try. Anyway, I wasn't even going into this debate. My only point was that I didn't think Bioshock should fit in that other guy's list.

46. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 15:47 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:42:
Remove Bioshock infinite(it's the definition of taking something and making it mass market to make more money). Add Star Citizen and other Kickstarter projects(I guess your list is only released games though).

I thought about SC, but it's open to criticism that it's just sucking cash, and also it hasn't come out yet.

Also, Bio Infinite: wow, really? A game that took almost five years to make with a unique setting, great world building, great story telling, and you think this was a mass market cash grab? I think it was an risky venture. The safe move would have been to make Bioshock 3. It would have come out sooner, and they would have had more confidence in it selling more.

Bioshock was built on top of the popularity of System Shock and was nothing like it. They probably wanted to make a new System Shock game, but no publisher would agree to it, so they made this mass market game full of linear corridors and classic Call of Duty gameplay. Granted, the story and art style was above average. The sole existence of this game is because publishers didn't want the awesome game(system shock 3), but were ok with using it as leverage for more money.

As far as Infinite goes, it still has the Bioshock name, so no diff.

44. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 15:42 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:38:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:30:
Gadzooks wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:56:
Bungie is all about the $$$? Imagine that.

Miss the days where game devs wanted to make fun games for gamers to play first, and a profit second.

There
are
still
games
that.

You're adding games not even released yet?
Many of those Kickstarter games, and I'd expect Star Citizen to be a prime example, absolutely overpromise for more money. Some of the stretch goals are way less "we want to make something great" and way more "we want more money!"

Yeah they don't quite fit his list because they're unreleased. But the very idea is to make a great game, and not money. I disagree with you about Star Citizen though. Time will tell. I'd like to add Flying Wild Hog with Shadow Warrior, Interceptor Entertainment with Rise of the Triad and Grinding Gear Games with Path Of Exile.

41. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 15:35 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:30:
Gadzooks wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:56:
Bungie is all about the $$$? Imagine that.

Miss the days where game devs wanted to make fun games for gamers to play first, and a profit second.

There
are
still
games
that.

39. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 15:31 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:20:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:05:
InBlack wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:04:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 09:40:
Well it's good to get a somewhat honest answer. He seemed to say that a PC port after was a definite possibility.

Are you on drugs? Oh you mean the bullshit argument that they are not going to spread themselves so thin so as to develop on 5 instead of 4 platforms. (Despite the fact that 3 of those platforms share the same basic architecture and two even share the basic OS structure). What a crock of disinformation...

Hm no... Seems perfectly legit to me. It takes a lot of work to make a good PC port. A lot more than to port to other consoles. Sure they could have done it at the same time, but this isn't where they're going to make their money. They have these "4" platforms that they're concentrating on for that. I don't see that much BS in there.

You're saying that it takes a lot more effort to port the game in its original Intel form (XB1 & PS4) to PC than it is to the PS3 Cell processor? To me this just reeks of typical Microshaft BS of prioritizing XBone over PC. Well, it's their funeral.

No. I'm saying, the control schemes are different, as are the graphical options and all the different hardware configurations. Plus PC gamers often ask for some features that don't exist in console games. Basically all of this is unchanged from xbox360 to xboxOne and it's the same for the PS.

It reeks of their high ranked people thinking that the PC isn't a good business decision. He didn't actually write this directly, but that's what he meant by supporting only these 4 platforms. There are the 4 they support because these are the 4 they think will make them money. Game companies are there to make money.

30. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 14:10 ItBurn

DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:05:
These are the same idiots that said a console controller is the only and best way to play an FPS.

They're nothing but trollbait.

Ok, I change my mind. F them

10. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 10:05 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:04:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 09:40:
Well it's good to get a somewhat honest answer. He seemed to say that a PC port after was a definite possibility.

Are you on drugs? Oh you mean the bullshit argument that they are not going to spread themselves so thin so as to develop on 5 instead of 4 platforms. (Despite the fact that 3 of those platforms share the same basic architecture and two even share the basic OS structure). What a crock of disinformation...

Hm no... Seems perfectly legit to me. It takes a lot of work to make a good PC port. A lot more than to port to other consoles. Sure they could have done it at the same time, but this isn't where they're going to make their money. They have these "4" platforms that they're concentrating on for that. I don't see that much BS in there.

7. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 09:57 ItBurn

Quinn wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 09:52:
I've seen a trailer of this game, for some reason, and I gotta ask: Who the fuck wants this game anyway?

It's Borderlands. Borderlands is a good coop game. That's enough of a reason?

4. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 09:40 ItBurn

News Comments > Oculus Rift 2014 Release Plans
22. Re: Oculus Rift 2014 Release Plans Nov 2, 2013, 20:13 ItBurn

Resolution is extremely important to me. This is one of the main reasons why I don't play console games. I'm very excited about the technology, but I can't see it as being more than a novelty if the resolution sucks.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Oct 30, 2013, 20:00 ItBurn

Quicksaves? Bought it!
I've been tremendously enjoying Shadow Warrior by the way. Amazing game. Too bad the levels are so linear though.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Antialiasing Tip
16. Re: Battlefield 4 Antialiasing Tip Oct 30, 2013, 18:02 ItBurn

I never use any kind of AA. It blurs the image, and I refuse to have blurred images. Not a big fan of blur in general...  

926 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo