Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 871 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition
21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 16:32 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 16:19:
Axis wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 16:07:
Beamer wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 15:56:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 15:11:
Its a Hellgate: London clone

<runs and hides>

It's an FPS. HGL was not, it was just an action game with an FP view. From what I recall, it was autoaim - just push the button with something in the screen and it fired at it.

Borderlands requires some FPS skill. Maybe not as much as, say, Battlefield, but it requires some.

Beamer you argue about the stupidest shit and make yourself look terribly ignorant.

HGL is was always will be a First Person Shooter.

And Battlefield doesn't require keen FPS 'skill', Quake Live does.

Then that changed before release, because the original previews all mentioned that yes, it was an auto-aim game. In fact, go watch the debut trailers from E3 again - the game had a 3rd person mode. The player had a choice to play in FP or TP.

So, while this may have changed, the game was designed to be third person or first person and to be all auto-aimed. Here's the discussion on Blues from the announce. Notice people bitching about how Flagship was calling the ballistic weapons system like spell delivery and that it didn't need to be aimed.

I played the game since day one and there never was auto-aim. There's no way it was "designed" to have auto-aim. It would have been a huge task to change everything. As for the first person mode, you can switch between 1st and 3rd at any time. The 3rd person view obviously has view advantages, but the 1st person one is very solid. I much prefer the 1st person view. They show your weapons in full detail and even the mods you equip in them. If you're going to use the "designed" term, then it was designed for both 1st and 3rd person. I assure you that it does feel like a fps and does not have mmo gameplay.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 16:06 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 15:56:

<runs and hides>

It's an FPS. HGL was not, it was just an action game with an FP view. From what I recall, it was autoaim - just push the button with something in the screen and it fired at it.

Borderlands requires some FPS skill. Maybe not as much as, say, Battlefield, but it requires some.

While the FPS mechanics of BL are indeed better, HGL does NOT have auto-aim. You have to shoot at enemies and gun spread and accuracy is a huge factor in what weapons and skills you use. Also, circle strafing, dodging and going behind cover helps significantly as enemies use the same abilities as you do.

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 15:32 ItBurn

<runs and hides>

I'm probably the biggest HGL fan. It's pretty far from HGL.

Borderlands:

+ Has headshots.
+ Physics are better.
+ WAY better story and quests.
+ Open world areas.
+ Much better graphics/more recent.
- Never fight more than 8-10 enemies at once.
- Interface is SH*T
- Costs a lot of money to get all the DLC.

Hellgate:

+ WAY better loot system. (Best Diablo-style system ever IMO)
+ WAY more complex/solid skill trees/advancement/class system. (Best Diablo-style system ever IMO)
+ All areas are randomized/more replayability.
+ Mature game.
+ Rooms can be filled with hundreds of enemies.
+ Completely free.

Basically, BL is the casual version of the Diablo+FPS and HGL is the hardcore version. I do like both games. I want more FPS/RPG hybrids!

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2013, 15:41.

News Comments > DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements
13. Re: DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements Oct 8, 2013, 13:13 ItBurn

Bots are awesome, we need more bots. It's great when you want to play coop with a bunch of friends in a stress free environment with noone yelling at you. You can easily tailor the game to be just hard/easy enough to the amount of people and their skill. Try to get a lan party going with some casuals mixed in and you'll see why playing against real humans is a problem.  

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 12:35 ItBurn

nin wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 12:11:
Zanderat1 wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 12:08:
Never played BL games. Seems like consolised Fallout clones. Or is there more to them than that?

Closer to Diablo.

Yeah, has nothing to do with Fallout! It's a light diablo with light fps gameplay that feels almost like a mmo, but not quite.

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 11:01 ItBurn

So it does NOT contain all the released DLC for the game. I mean by that the Vault hunter upgrade pack 2. I think it's a shit move on their part.  

News Comments > Frictional Games Teaser Trailer
2. Re: Frictional Games Teaser Trailer Oct 7, 2013, 23:09 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 21:47:
Kind of creepy. I like these little slices of stuff, how they're building interest with mystery. It will be a bummer if they don't pay it off.

Yeah, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and go with "this is f-ing awesome!"

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced
10. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 7, 2013, 23:03 ItBurn

Yeah, same here, sleeping dogs was great. Crazy effort that came out of nowhere. Once again though, the DLC completely unbalanced the game.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
9. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Oct 6, 2013, 19:28 ItBurn

Wildone wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 17:33:
Im still not convinced that was entirely in engine, I mean they rendered with engine assets probably but everything was constructed by an Animator as events? I hope so though it looked incredible..

Yeah... If this is in-engine, they have some serious talent on board...

News Comments > EverQuest II Giving Away Level 85 Characters
4. Re: EverQuest II Giving Away Level 85 Characters Oct 2, 2013, 23:21 ItBurn

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
14. Re: Daikatana on Steam Oct 2, 2013, 13:09 ItBurn

This game is basically a f-ing robotic zoo attacking you. Robo-frogs and mosquitoes, really???! It wasn't the vomit green color and the downright shitty enemies that made it as bad as it was, it was the general PAIN of playing the actual game. It hurt to play.

DNF was waaaaaaay better. I liked DNF.

News Comments > New Frictional Game Trailer
17. Re: New Frictional Game Trailer Oct 1, 2013, 16:59 ItBurn

mag wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 16:55:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 16:54:
You don't want a new System Shock, trust me. It would have to be made by Irrational and I don't know about you, but Bioshock is console trash. With an above average story, granted. Maybe if they sold the license.

EA owns System Shock, not Irrational.

Ok, yeah, but I was thinking, Ken Levine would make it, and he'd make Bioshock in space.

15. Re: New Frictional Game Trailer Oct 1, 2013, 16:54 ItBurn

You don't want a new System Shock, trust me. It would have to be made by Irrational and I don't know about you, but Bioshock is console trash. With an above average story, granted. Maybe if they sold the license.  

11. Re: New Frictional Game Trailer Oct 1, 2013, 16:40 ItBurn

That was great. Can't wait. I'd watch the movie :p  

News Comments > Terraria Patched
9. Re: Terraria Patched Oct 1, 2013, 11:29 ItBurn

ViRGE wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 11:20:
DrSquick wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 10:02:
I bought Terraria very early on, and just haven't been able to get into it. I absolutely love Minecraft, and have easily sunk 2000+ hours into it, so it absolutely is my genre of game. The biggest issue I seem to have is the graphics are so bad that I have a lot of trouble telling the ores apart.
Ditto to all of that. Despite the fact that it's essentially 2D Minecraft, Terraria never gripped me. Something about being 2D is too constraining, coupled with the fact that like you I can't tell half the ores apart due to how similar they look.

Terraria isn't about telling ores apart... It also doesn't play like Minecraft. It starts somewhat slow, but once you've crafted the basic armor and weapons, things escalate exponentially and it's all about exploration, finding crazy ass items and doing a whole lot of fighting. The experience is extremely different from Minecraft.

News Comments > Terraria Patched
2. Re: Terraria Patched Oct 1, 2013, 09:58 ItBurn

Well, looks like I'm going to play an extra 50 hours of terraria...  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 30, 2013, 21:37 ItBurn

Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 21:02:
Like the rest of Canada I'm sick to death of subsidizing Quebec. Way past time to send them back to France.

Jealous

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
8. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 26, 2013, 22:14 ItBurn

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 22:06:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 21:50:
Whiskers wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 21:48:
Will this actually sell any copies when it comes out? Feels like 90% of the people have already given tons of cash and gotten copies of the game already.

There's no publisher or investors who require a profit. They can basically just do another kickstarter and keep on making games. If the game is good, people will buy the next ones.

Instead of supporting their MMO/Single player game post release?

I'd pay for expansions.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
6. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 26, 2013, 21:50 ItBurn

Whiskers wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 21:48:
Will this actually sell any copies when it comes out? Feels like 90% of the people have already given tons of cash and gotten copies of the game already.

There's no publisher or investors who require a profit. They can basically just do another kickstarter and keep on making games. If the game is good, people will buy the next ones.

News Comments > Steam Machines Announced
30. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 16:05 ItBurn

Steele Johnson wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 16:00:
Verno wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 15:54:
I best go buy a few more 100# bags of rice. I think I'll need to hedge tarvation from a crash than Windows becoming abandoned any time soon and well MS is seeing a close wall isn't really going to work this far along. But if that is the reason or not, it's an option, just one I doubt I'll use. I think I have more a niche for the NVidia Streaming Gamepad than this. I have the cables all in place to move my PC to the projector just behind it now... I do that rarely.

I don't know, I appreciate alternatives and Microsoft has been an extremely neglectful and at times hostile parent to gaming on the PC. I am glad someone is offering an alternative as customization and choice has always been the strength of the PC.

I still don't understand the Microsoft hate. I'm starting to be convinced that it's just fashionable Hipster trend to hate MS. Period. The whole Win8 thing is blown way out of proportion.

Step 1: Find the Desktop tile and load it.
Step 2: Install a 3rd party Start Menu if you're really that lazy.
Step 3: Reboot.

That's it! Looks and runs just like Win7. In fact, some of my games actually perform better. PC gamers who hate Windows because of those silly reasons are just annoying Hipsters to me. Get a job or something. lol

My hate for MS has nothing to do with Windows 8(well it added to it). They've been SCREWING PC gamers over for years. Constantly making terrible decisions, releasing horrible products and trying to kill PC gaming.

871 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo