Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 901 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PC Trailer
5. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PC Trailer Oct 29, 2013, 12:05 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 11:56:
zomg, all the games you mentioned have mediocre ship to ship combat, whereas the combat in Pirates! is fucking awesome.

My opinion is so opposed to yours I almost exploded. The ship to ship combat in the Akella games is amazing and a lot more realistic than in Pirates! It's very hard to be good at it though, perhaps that's your issue.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PC Trailer
3. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PC Trailer Oct 29, 2013, 11:53 ItBurn

zomg, I hate it when people use Sid Meier's pirates as a model of a good pirate game. It's arcade garbage! It's basically a skin over arcade mini-games.

If you want a real pirate game, play the Akella games: Pirates of the Carribean, Sea Dogs, Age of pirates...

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Infinity Ward: Many COD Players "Aren't Gamers"
25. Re: Quoteworthy - Infinity Ward: Many COD Players Oct 28, 2013, 14:27 ItBurn

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 14:20:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 14:12:
I'm not sure I understand what you just said... But anyway, I've had girlfriends before who accepted me for who I am All I'm saying is that gaming is still a stigma nowadays.

So are many things, yes it's true they don't all want you for some reason or another. Literally 100's of reasons why. And you sort of changed your tune... went from they run from you to I've had GF's that accepted me. It's hard to be Dick the Couples Therapist on this end. LOL

Geez, this is getting awfully personal I've had girlfriends who were ok with gaming, but when I date, most women see it as an important negative(hense the "they run away" part). I'm not going to elaborate further on my personal life :p I do think that the current below-18 generation is a lot more accepting of gaming though.

21. Re: Quoteworthy - Infinity Ward: Many COD Players Oct 28, 2013, 14:12 ItBurn

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 14:10:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 13:44:
I'm absolutely a great catch. I take care of myself and have a good career. I'm also modest But it doesn't matter. The girls hear you're a gamer, they run away fast. It's not me, the stereotype is in full effect still. Of course there are exceptions, but they are rare.

Ask Dick:
Not as rare as a "Great Catch". Ok, like how many hours are you playing and are you willing to give several of them up to make a relationship happen? Why are you being described as "being a gamer"?

Perhaps you are in the casual crowd, known as fashionable to me. There are many other clicks out there. I'm not saying it helps that you are a gamer, but I didn't find it (married now) the issue, unless I was compulsive.

I'm not sure I understand what you just said... But anyway, I've had girlfriends before who accepted me for who I am All I'm saying is that gaming is still a stigma nowadays.

17. Re: Quoteworthy - Infinity Ward: Many COD Players Oct 28, 2013, 13:44 ItBurn

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 13:42:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 13:29:
Nah, being a gamer is still seen as an horrible thing. Try talking to a girl and telling her you're a gamer and see her interest instantly disapear :p

Depends on girl and a bit on race. Yeah it's horrible if that is all you do and can't support yourself because of it. That's any destructive addiction. Don't confuse girls not liking you because of gaming... your attitude and looks play a large role.

I'm absolutely a great catch. I take care of myself and have a good career. I'm also modest But it doesn't matter. The girls hear you're a gamer, they run away fast. It's not me, the stereotype is in full effect still. Of course there are exceptions, but they are rare.

15. Re: Quoteworthy - Infinity Ward: Many COD Players Oct 28, 2013, 13:29 ItBurn

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 13:26:
psulli wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 11:35:
Because believe it or not "gamer" has hugely negative connotations for everyone else that sees gaming as a waste of time.

That use to be a thing... if it still is then were talking about old people set in their ways. If Activision is ashamed of making games, then well I don't know anymore.

Ok there could be a small sliver of people that only play COD everyday and nothing else. They still fall into gamer... if you're doing it everyday I got to call it what it is, embarrassing to that person or not.

I still felt calling a WoW player who plays 8 hours a day hardcode and they don't play anything else. COD isn't a casual game, it falls under hardcore, even though it's mainstream. It's not farmville, it's hardcore killing and swearing and all the stuff that comes with that type of game.

All imo.

Nah, being a gamer is still seen as an horrible thing. Try talking to a girl and telling her you're a gamer and see her interest instantly disapear :p

11. Re: Quoteworthy - Infinity Ward: Many COD Players Oct 28, 2013, 11:36 ItBurn

Also, what he's basically saying is that COD is made for the lowest common denominator, and that they're aware of it and are actively reinforcing this for as long as it's going to make them money.

It's nothing we didn't already know and I'm not sure I mind. I'm never going to play a COD game, but it's a good gateway drug to get more people into this hobby/industry.

There's a bad side effect though. This new public hasn't got much gaming experience, and devs want to make a profit, so they're going to simplify their games for these new gamers. This is basically the massive dumbing down of games we've been seeing in the past 10 years. It used to sicken me, but I'm tired of complaining. Now that console gamers have a bit more experience, we're starting to see more interesting games, but it feels like we lost 10 years of gamign evolution for no reason.

8. Re: Quoteworthy - Infinity Ward: Many COD Players Oct 28, 2013, 11:25 ItBurn

I think I understand what he means. The people he mentions only play COD because it's the "cool" thing and all their friends are doing it. They aren't into the gaming culture and aren't interested in going in deeper or trying different games. They think of gaming as being geeky and uncool and don't see playing COD as part of that.

It's kinda like loving a metal band, but having no interest in metal or finding other bands. You do listen to metal all the time, but you're not a metal head...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 13:30 ItBurn

Flatline wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 13:24:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 10:12:
Yeah it would have been hard to be more vague and confusing about that second screen thing...

Also the new game+ is kind of a let down... I mean they could have added something more to it...

You mean like how pretty much every other game in existence that offers New Game+ doesn't actually add fuck-all to the game?

I don't see how it's a letdown seeing as how it's exactly what New Game+ is.

Hmmm, no. Most games with "new game+" or "playthroughs" add different game mechanics, a bump in difficulty, alternate endings and other things like that.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 10:12 ItBurn

Yeah it would have been hard to be more vague and confusing about that second screen thing...

Also the new game+ is kind of a let down... I mean they could have added something more to it...

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 09:47 ItBurn

What is this "new game+"?  

News Comments > Path of Exile Launches
13. Re: Path of Exile Launches Oct 23, 2013, 22:42 ItBurn

I had more fun with Diablo 3, but the mechanics of PoE are better. So, if you're hardcore about your arpgs, go with poe.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video
39. Re: Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video Oct 23, 2013, 14:14 ItBurn

Oh sh*t I figured it out. This is a money laundering scheme! Chris is a huge drug dealer and he needs to get his money cleaned. This is how they keep getting funding. I may have watched too much Breaking Bad.  

News Comments > Devolver's Blood Hint
9. Re: Devolver's Blood Hint Oct 23, 2013, 09:17 ItBurn

I don't care if this is somewhat exploitatory, I'm buying this in an instant! A Blood remake is ALL I want.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 17:41 ItBurn

Dev wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 17:35:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:42:
I didn't play the expansions, but I don't know if I want to play this again... Sure the boss fights sucked, but I got past them. Maybe I could try to do it without ever being seen/knocking anyone out.
I know there's an achievement for 100% non lethal playthrough.

I already got that achievement. Well, I didn't, because apparently, dumping an uncounscious body down a building counts as a kill... But, basically, I played it like that. I went around and stunned people though. I could replay it without even touching anyone or even leaving a trace behind... I don't know, was hoping you guys would coax me into getting it

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 16:42 ItBurn

I didn't play the expansions, but I don't know if I want to play this again... Sure the boss fights sucked, but I got past them. Maybe I could try to do it without ever being seen/knocking anyone out.  

News Comments > GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds
8. Re: GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds Oct 22, 2013, 13:09 ItBurn

GOG is too nice... Since this is drm-free, it's basically GOG giving the game away for free. I would rather they kept the money and stayed afloat or improved...  

News Comments > Path of Exile Launch This Week
7. Re: Path of Exile Launch This Week Oct 21, 2013, 22:03 ItBurn

If you're a hardcore Diablo player, you'll love this. Tons of builds and things to calculate. It's tough, but fair. The system is very solid.

I played it for 20-30 hours, but then lost interest. I'm no hardcore Diablo guy. I hate their skill system and the classes aren't different enough. Also, it's not satisfying enough to kill monsters. But for a free game, and trust me, this is truly free, no pay to win, it's one of the best out there. I'd rather play Hellgate Tokyo though

News Comments > Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident
3. Re: Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident Oct 21, 2013, 11:22 ItBurn

Great vid  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2013, 18:08 ItBurn

Stanley Parable is awesome! I wouldn't really call it a game though... I have no idea what I'd call it! It's a lot of fun for three hours.

wtf. Steam says I played 11 hours. There's NO way that's correct.

901 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo