Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1187 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard Diablo Job Posting
45. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Aug 12, 2015, 11:02 ItBurn

Krowen wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 21:28:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 12:21:
shihonage wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 01:24:

Attributing critical discernment to emotional nostalgia is the refuge of the ignorant. Diablo3 is fundamentally broken. The damage/weapon/spell systems are too homogenous. The levels are homogenous because they are just big blocks placed with slight randomization, instead of true random dungeons of Diablo1 and 2.

...rambling truncated...

Shame.

Can't even see you clearly you are so high up on that horse.

Diablo 3 is a blast to actually PLAY and to many that's the most important thing. Sorry it doesn't fit your definition of Diablo, but there are lots of other ARPGs out there for you.

Which ones? Path of Exile? A soulless mess that looks like a college student project with gameplay about as exciting. Grim Dawn which might be finished by the time I die. Any others I'm missing here?

I suggest Titan Quest or Hellgate London(best diablo style game ever)

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2015, 11:47.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released
5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released Aug 11, 2015, 18:42 ItBurn

Mac wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 18:35:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 17:56:
Played a somewhat boring 68 hours, got too bored to complete it, never touched it again.

One could argue you got your monies worth???

Yeah I guess, but I was mostly forcing my way though it in the hopes it would become good. There were some points that were pretty good. Worth the money? Sure. Best use for the money(talking games here)? Probably not.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released
1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released Aug 11, 2015, 17:56 ItBurn

Played a somewhat boring 68 hours, got too bored to complete it, never touched it again.  

13. Re: Blizzard Diablo Job Posting Aug 10, 2015, 21:45 ItBurn

Cutter wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 20:49:
Creston wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 17:21:
My deep understanding of the Diablo franchise:

Diablo 1 - Good
Diablo 2 - Fantastic
Diablo 3 - Eh... Fun on consoles with multiple people.

When do I start?

I liked 1 better than 2. That jungle section in 2 is still just painful to think of.

I loved the jungle. It's my favorite one for visuals and atmosphere. A joy to be in. I guess some zones can be annoying for various reasons. The bland zones is in my top things I hate about D3. There's one or two good ones, but wow they suck compared to D2's.

9. Re: Blizzard Diablo Job Posting Aug 10, 2015, 19:04 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 18:59:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 17:48:

Diablo 1 - Good
Diablo 2 - Fantastic

When do I start?
I

Diablo 3 is a great game on PC. The gameplay itself was always amazing, but when it released, the game systems were broken and wouldn't work past a certain level. This was later fully corrected. Now the game is great overall, but it sure isn't perfect. I personally hate the skill system and I'm not a big fan of the weapon system/or lack of one.
How would you rate it?

You seem very interested in my ratings As it stands now(I haven't played it in like 10 months), I'd say that if you start fresh, it's probably a 9. It truly is a lot of fun, until you reach the limits of the system, but by then, you'd have your money's worth.

7. Re: Blizzard Diablo Job Posting Aug 10, 2015, 18:02 ItBurn

shihonage wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 18:01:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 17:48:
Diablo 3 is a great game on PC. The gameplay itself was always amazing, but when it released, the game systems were broken and wouldn't work past a certain level. This was later fully corrected. Now the game is great overall, but it sure isn't perfect. I personally hate the skill system and I'm not a big fan of the weapon system/or lack of one.

LOLNO. It's a shallow game which limits everything you do, and thinks town downtime is a waste of time. It's made for ADHD riddled children, because its designers saw Diablo as a mindless loot clicker and nothing deeper than that.

It's not Diablo 2, but that doesn't make it a bad game. Not saying what you said is wrong, but the game is a lot of fun. I don't know of any other game that can make the act of killing monsters and destroying things this fun.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Aug 10, 2015, 17:50 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 17:01:
Skywind will be done many years before we see the next official ES game.

Skywind will never be done.

4. Re: Blizzard Diablo Job Posting Aug 10, 2015, 17:48 ItBurn

Diablo 1 - Good
Diablo 2 - Fantastic

When do I start?

3. Re: Blizzard Diablo Job Posting Aug 10, 2015, 17:45 ItBurn

This sounds more like Diablo 4 than a D3 expansion.  

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
4. Re: The Witcher III Patched Aug 8, 2015, 11:38 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 03:21:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 22:22:
I finished the game. I rate it 8.3/10. I'll write more when I have time.

1. 8.3? That's pretty precise. Reason?

2. Will this patch change your score one way or the other?

Maybe Sunday I'll have time to write more. I want to write a bigger "review" of it. The patch will absolutely not change my score, from what I read anyway. As for the score, yeah, it's not quite a 8.5, but not an 8 either and slightly better than an 8.25 :p 83% if you prefer.

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown
29. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 7, 2015, 22:24 ItBurn

That demo was amazing. Really impressed with the technical details of walking in ships, zero G and the size of the world. I don't think it's ever been done.  

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
2. Re: The Witcher III Patched Aug 7, 2015, 22:22 ItBurn

I finished the game. I rate it 8.3/10. I'll write more when I have time.  

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
20. Re: Mad Max Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 20:09 ItBurn

gravity wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 19:21:
Julio wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 16:46:
I wonder if Max will need a woman to shoot for him because he's a gimp in the game as well?

... oh for cryin' out... are you serious?

Max may have spent a large portion of the film tied up, or bound in some way - but to negate his actions entirely, simply because a female takes a couple shots... I mean, your thinly veiled misogyny is shining through your insecurity here.

Yeah, that movie wasn't about feminism, misogyny or anything of the sort. It does feature a greater number of "powerful" women than usual, but that's not saying much. I never thought about any of that stuff after seeing the movie. I had no idea there was a controversy.

Spoilers, maybe: I do wish the movie was more about Max though... This was basically Furiosa's story of revenge with Mad Max as a side character. Also, I would have liked to see Max drive his car and stuff... It happens, for like 30 seconds...

News Comments > Diablo III 2.3 Preview
4. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 18:53 ItBurn

Redmask wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:45:
Their leaked roadmap from a few years back had 2 expansions listed so yeah there will be another.

I hope it has better zone design than the last. They have done great work in patching up the mess that was the launch game but there is still much to be done.

I just want them to make a main quest that is actually fun to play and that you want/need to replay endlessly. That or a complete overhaul of the bounty system by making it a randomly generated world with interesting quests and stuff.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.3 Preview
1. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 18:36 ItBurn

I'll play when the expansion comes. Who thinks there'll be another expansion?  

9. Re: Mad Max Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 11:20 ItBurn

Buy games on different online distributors, support competition, get lower prices.  

4. Re: Mad Max Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 10:20 ItBurn

It looks pretty good, for a console game... I think this is the kind of game I'd start, play a couple of hours and then never finish. Story looks cool, but game looks shallow.  

News Comments > Worms WMD Revealed
3. Re: Worms WMD Revealed Jul 31, 2015, 11:24 ItBurn

I have this weird relationship with Worms. I absolutely loved the first one, but I don't like the others. I don't like the handcrafted looking levels and the cartoony look. I prefered the way the old levels looked and were generated. It's a game that benefits from precise pixels. I'm probably in the very small minority, but this has prevented me from playing more than 5 minutes to all the new ones.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 "Basically Done"
60. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 30, 2015, 00:16 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 00:02:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 08:43:
chickenboo wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:51:
I'm fed up with developers sticking to what works and creating entry upon entry within each series. Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim; C&C Red Alert 3; Assassin's Creed 5 Unity; Fallout 4; Far Cry 4; Wolfenstein TNO (tho I did love The Old Blood); the list goes on. It's just like the rehashing of films from the 90s and 80s, it's not fresh material, it's just remaking the same thing I've already experienced.

The games which have delighted me the most in the last five years have been Faster Than Light, Alien Isolation, Trine 2 (coop, never played Trine 1), and Team Fortress 2. All have been fresh, exciting experiences for me that had me pining for more time to play them when I was out doing things.

If you think that Alien Isolation, Trine and Team Fortress 2 were fresh experiences, you're pretty out of it. These 3 games are carbon copies, with a different paint job, of a lot of other games.
Alien : Penumbra series, Amnesia, Outlast, etc...
Trine : Lost Vikings, every flash platformer
TF2 : Team Fortress, TFC
FTL is the only original thing in your list.

What? TF2 doesn't play anything like the original TF or TFC. Trine was unique in that it was a physics-driven puzzle platformer with three player co-op. Alien Isolation was unique in that it was a big-budget survival horror game where you actually needed to hide and run away instead of killing stuff.

No game is ever going to be 100% original. However, that doesn't make them "carbon copies" as you put it.

As for innovation, it was a lot easier to innovate in the 80's and 90's because gaming was a brand new medium. Innovation is a lot harder after 20+ years worth of games have been developed.

I dunno, I disagree.

TF2 is a class based objective game. The objectives, classes and maps are pretty much the same than in TF and TFC. They removed hand grenades, I guess that's the big difference. I don't think TF2 can be called original. A refinement with a new coat of pain? Ok. In my opinion it SUCKS compared to TFC though.

Trine is as generic as they come. Generic fantasy, generic physics based platformer. I guess there aren't a lot of them that are coop, but that doesn't make it specifically "unique". The character switching mechanic has been done in a ton of games also.

Have you played Amnesia the dark descent, Penumbra or Outlast? They're exactly Alien Isolation, but with a different coat of paint.

Also, yeah you could maybe innovate easier in the past, but I do think that we could innovate a hell of a lot more nowadays. Don't you see the trend of recycling every concept in order to play it safe for investors? Or adding very slight improvements to iteration X of a game?

Yeah I guess I exaggerated for effect when I said "carbon copies"...

News Comments > Fallout 4 "Basically Done"
57. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 29, 2015, 23:47 ItBurn

shihonage wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 18:42:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 17:27:
I have no idea what you are talking about now... If you don't like specific locations, try Daggerfall. In my top 3 games of all time. The entire world was randomly created. Quests are generated randomly and given to random npcs. It's pretty crazy. A bit buggy though :p

Way to shift the goalposts. There are plenty of games in the past that are more evolved than games in the present. I am talking about present games, and made specific examples of present games, in the context of Fallout 4 discussion.

Daggerfall didn't exactly hold up well enough to be played today. In its own way, it tried to innovate, however. That innovation should've been taken much further over the decades that followed, instead of being forgotten and forsaken in favor of Ass Effects of today.

I never refuted that gameplay system innovation has pretty much stopped. There's still some things that are better than in the past, but they're mostly cosmetic. Thing is, open world games are the best we can get nowadays, so I support them. At some point console gamers will become more experienced and we'll finally be able to push games evolution again.

1187 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo