Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1007 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 16, 2015, 10:25 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 10:18:
So glad I skipped this, almost bought into the hype. Thankfully it's EA, and it's been a while since Ive bought one of their games.

Waiting for the Witcher to scratch that grand-narrative video game narrative itch. Im keeping expectations low for the WItcher III, all except for the narrative and atmosphere which, from what Ive seen of the PC previews, there is an abundance of.

Bioware, oh the attraction of the low lying fruit was too much to resist eh?

I think that the Witcher 3 will be even more boring than Dragon Age. The first two Witcher games were really boring. But like I always said, seeing the impact of your decisions made it all worthwhile. Still, I think a lot of people will be let down by Witcher 3... Hope I'm wrong.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 16, 2015, 09:32 ItBurn

42 hours in dragon age and I can only describe the game as "boring". Yet I tough it out because... good question. I guess I want to see what'll happen.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2015, 10:07.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 16, 2015, 04:41 ItBurn

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 15, 2015, 21:15:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 15, 2015, 19:53:
One frustrating thing is that people don't stay close to home. You lay a new zone with everything they could ever want and they're still traveling across the entire city to work in old downtown.

Sounds like the most realistic thing in the game.

Yeah, that's called the commute. It's not because there's jobs close to you that this is where you'll be hired.

News Comments > Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten
20. Re: Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten Mar 12, 2015, 13:30 ItBurn

Jivaro wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 13:26:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 13:25:
I'm currently in another country for 6 months for work. Are you telling me that one day I won't be able to play the games I paid for? What if I move permanently to another country? I lose my whole Steam library of hundreds of games?

That isn't what this means and I am not sure how you got there. Once the game is verified to your account, it's yours. This is only with regards to the gifting process. You pass through those gates and you are home free.

Yeah I know it's not the case for now, but I could easily see this happening in the future. It doesn't seem very far from this.

News Comments > Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten
16. Re: Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten Mar 12, 2015, 13:25 ItBurn

I'm currently in another country for 6 months for work. Are you telling me that one day I won't be able to play the games I paid for? What if I move permanently to another country? I lose my whole Steam library of hundreds of games?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 10, 2015, 11:38 ItBurn

So good to hear about Cities: Skylines after the atrocity that was EA's new sim city.  

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Postmortem
26. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 13:15 ItBurn

Flatline wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 13:14:
Out of curiosity, is the D3 expansion worth 20 bucks? Best Buy of all places has it on sale for 20 right now.

I'd say it's a must have for D3.

22. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 12:19 ItBurn

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 12:12:
All I really remember about it was a total lack of map variations which forced an excessive amount of repetition. You had a subway map, a town map, and a slums map and that's about it until later levels.

Oh, and people getting their panties in a bunch because it had advertising where you would typically see advertising: on billboards.

Hellgate has improved a lot in this regard since launch and it's zones have always been mostly randomly generated. Almost all of D3's areas where static on launch.

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2015, 12:33.

19. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 12:08 ItBurn

Jivaro wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 11:57:
Hellgate London had a fantastic amount of potential. I regret nothing about buying it on Day One. Really is too bad the company that made it was so poorly run. I don't play the F2P online version, I tried it and had some fun. Seems to be a decent game with a decent community. I have the community modded/patched single player version that addresses most of the biggest issues the game had. A ton of fun to be had in that.

It obviously has limits because development has stopped, but it was a lot of fun while it lasted. They created a very cool world that I would love to revisit if someone were able to make a second game.

Development is stopped now, but it went on for a long time after Flagship was gone. This new company developped an entire expansion and has done a lot of balancing work. It's not up to Flagship quality, but it's still cool.

14. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 11:19 ItBurn

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:49:
Tim Collins wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:43:
d2 was solid, d3 sucked because the same people that made d2 had moved on to bigger and better things and the rejects were left to make d3.

Hellgate London was bigger and better?

Might as well rant here. Hellgate London is the best/most advanced diablo clone ever. I LOVE that game. Sure, it didn't deliver on its promises, angered a lot of people, and isn't perfect, but it was still a damn fun game. Its systems are better than D3's in every way. It's now free to play too and there's enough content to go forward into the "main quest" for... ever. It saddens me deeply that its failure means that we probably will never see a similar game again. Borderlands is a joke compared to this. Borderlands has a much better story though...

2. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 09:42 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 09:37:
...and then we decided to make Diablo3 into WoW lite. Only more amezballs and less griefing. The End.

I don't get the WOW comparison. Other than the skill trees. Which I hate. Still love the game(now that it's fixed).

News Comments > Gigantic a Windows 10 Launch Game
13. Re: Gigantic a Windows 10 Launch Game Mar 5, 2015, 10:50 ItBurn

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 10:38:
Shouldn't the question be, what makes that game need windows 10?

Money

News Comments > Gigantic a Windows 10 Launch Game
10. Re: Gigantic a Windows 10 Launch Game Mar 5, 2015, 05:39 ItBurn

How could anyone be excited for this? Generic nondescript fantasy game is generic.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced
13. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced Mar 4, 2015, 16:10 ItBurn

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 14:34:
Also, I'm hearing that fucking Wilhelm scream sound effect more and more in movies, tv shows, and games these days. The other one I hear all the time is the stereotypical prison door squeak. Fucking annoying. It's not funny anymore, you guys. Stop it.

zomg I can't stand the scream either. It totally ruins the whole thing for me. I want originality in my media please.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced
12. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced Mar 4, 2015, 16:08 ItBurn

Looks cool. I lolled at the last bit. ...Why is there no price in US dollars? I don't really mind, I'm not from the US, but it's weird...  

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
4. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 10:25 ItBurn

The critical flaw with streaming is that there's lag. It makes inputs less responsive and means that you're too late to react to what's really happening in the game. Any game that requires actual player skill would suffer significantly. Also, to Stream really high quality graphics with no compression artifacts, you'd need an internet connection that I'm not sure exists or is affordable to us mortals.  

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
31. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 04:44 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 04:03:
It's too late for HL3. If or when it does come around it will end up just like Duke Nukem Forever. A game that rots in development hell for that long has very little chance of succeeding. I do have hope for Source 2 though, the original Source spawned some pretty great games, and is probably one of the best FPS engines ever designed.

I'm not a fan of the source engine. Loading times are atrocious and it's had sound issues since forever. It's also only good for tight corridors or barren landscapes.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook
21. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 3, 2015, 12:08 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 12:05:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 03:43:
Also, what do they mean by mouselook?? I already look around with the mouse...

You'll be able to pan the camera around without having to hold down the right mouse button. (Ie, The Quickest Way To Get RSI.)

Presumably it'll be a toggle. One state allows mouselook and the other allows clicking and interacting.

Yeah, I forgot about that. That was really annoying. You'll get used to anything...

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook
17. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 3, 2015, 09:28 ItBurn

nin wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 08:59:
f-ck the combat in this game. The tactical view is atrocious. It makes it painful to do things and it constantly obstructs your view. Closing the rift is a puzzle game in itself because it's so hard to get the rift into camera view.

I think that's one of the reasons I stopped playing awhile back and haven't been back. The combat just seems like a pain in the ass...

It's a good reason, but once you understand how it actually works, you can get it to do what you want most of the time. So far I'd give the game a 7, and it's mostly due to the combat. It's the core of the game, it should be painless.

14. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 3, 2015, 06:04 ItBurn

Julio wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 05:50:
f-ck the combat in this game. The tactical view is atrocious.

But this was "Game of the Year" by various supposedly reputable award shows? Maybe the game intro and credits were amazing and put them over the top if the combat didn't.

I'm guessing that on consoles, since their control system sucks anyway, tactical view may actually be something that would help.

You can't even queue commands. Let's say you want to go into stealth and go stab an enemy, you have to do this:
- Pause/Enter tactical view
- Activate stealth.
- Unpause.
- Wait for stealth to activate
- Quickly pause before your other characters get attacked too much.
- Right click on target to select it as permanent target.
- Activate backstab skill.
- Unpause.
- Watch your character run in circles for 5 seconds and then stagger towards target. Once he reaches the target, the skill doesn't hit anything because it activated the skill too early. Restart half the steps in order to do the backstab skill again. This time your character doesn't activate the skill because he's stuck in invisible geometry... etc.

This isn't a rare occurence, it happens all the time. If at any time you accidently go out of tactical view, your party members promptly forget all their orders. Even in tactical view sometimes they forget orders randomly. I've played this game for like 20 hours, I know what I'm talking about.

DA1 and 2 had much better combat systems. Major step back here.

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2015, 06:10.

1007 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo