Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 917 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
7. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 10:24 ItBurn

"There’s no reason for the development, sales, and support of the PC/Mac......versions of Minecraft to stop"
What? There are MANY reasons to stop the development if Microsoft owns it. There's no way Microsoft would release a game for PS3-4... Explain this to me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
6. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 13, 2014, 14:33 ItBurn

DO NOT WANT. I want PC games with PC features and no input delay... Keep console games on consoles. Just do Steam streaming if you want to Stream.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 12, 2014, 22:48 ItBurn

PHJF wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 22:28:
So they removed the mouse support in the UI (which was in the original game). The dev rep can be quoted as saying, "we only had time to do mouse controls or mod support, and we chose mod support."

seriously?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 12, 2014, 21:48 ItBurn

Loved the original game, see absolutely no reason to get this. This is a weird idea that they had.  

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
39. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 13:14 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 13:12:
Eh. The extra hires are lost weight, because they aren't usually trying to push 3 platforms out the door at once. Plus, it takes a while to hire people (months, usually), takes a while for them to get ramped up and understand what they're doing, takes someone to train them and help them get ramped up, etc.

And then, when the project finishes and there's nothing in the pipeline to keep that many people occupied, particularly in QA, they get laid off and some PR goes out about rightsizing and blah blah blah.

Or, instead, you just outsource and avoid much of that, but lose control over the quality of the product.

I'm saying all this because I've worked somewhere where they did it. It worked and people didn't stand around playing catch.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
16. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 13:12 ItBurn

Wow. Way too early to release this... Must be extremely feature light... Or... I'll be amazed.  

32. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 12:53 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:49:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:37:
Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:16:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:01:
The people working on the PC compatibility stuff are different people. This is simply a planning issue. A ton of other devs release all platforms at the same time successfully. That's because it's planned properly

Not necessarily, no. Q/A is done many times by the same in-house teams and simply takes longer on a platform with more hardware variation. Different companies have different processes for this kind of thing. A 2 month delay is just fine with me if the port is solid. A lot of other companies release at the same time and it's not always to our benefit.

There will be plenty of stuff to play around to fill in the gaps anyway *shrug*. I'll be lucky to be finishing off games from November at that point.

You're right, not necessarily. Rockstar is huge though, you'd think they'd do things properly... Devs that release all platforms at the same time, just plan it in advance. There's no excuse really. I also prefer they give it two more months to get a solid port. But that's not what I think they're doing. They're giving it two more months to give us a crappy port :p

You're Rockstar. Do you hold up the next-gen releases till past Christmas to make sure they get launched at the same time as the PC release, or do you push the PC release out the door before its ready so that it launches with the other platforms?

I'm sure they planned it in advance. But some things are exceedingly difficult to rush without dropping quality, and Black Friday waits for no one.

I obviously am not Rockstar, but if I was Rockstar, I'd plan it in advance, hire the people I need and have all platforms released at the same time... The extra hires aren't lost weight, they can help with other projects. They have the cash...

30. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 12:37 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:16:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:01:
The people working on the PC compatibility stuff are different people. This is simply a planning issue. A ton of other devs release all platforms at the same time successfully. That's because it's planned properly

Not necessarily, no. Q/A is done many times by the same in-house teams and simply takes longer on a platform with more hardware variation. Different companies have different processes for this kind of thing. A 2 month delay is just fine with me if the port is solid. A lot of other companies release at the same time and it's not always to our benefit.

There will be plenty of stuff to play around to fill in the gaps anyway *shrug*. I'll be lucky to be finishing off games from November at that point.

You're right, not necessarily. Rockstar is huge though, you'd think they'd do things properly... Devs that release all platforms at the same time, just plan it in advance. There's no excuse really. I also prefer they give it two more months to get a solid port. But that's not what I think they're doing. They're giving it two more months to give us a crappy port :p

23. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 12:01 ItBurn

nin wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:53:
Xero wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:40:
Why the hell 2 months later? Exclusive is out the window so what gives? That's some serious lame sh!t and doesn't make sense when they could capitalize on the holiday sales. Weird.

Eitherway, stupid move by Rockstar.

You have two pieces of hardware with static innards, and one piece of hardware that could have anything in it. Guess which one gets tested last?

The people working on the PC compatibility stuff are different people. This is simply a planning issue. A ton of other devs release all platforms at the same time successfully. That's because it's planned properly.

What I think is that Rockstar doesn't really care. They basically did nothing on the PC version's interface and compatibility and will do most of it within two months. Which will lead to a bit of a mess, like GTA 4. Still loved the game though...

15. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 10:36 ItBurn

Released 2 months after the consoles. Rockstar... assholes till the end.  

News Comments > Dying Light Early
15. Re: Dying Light Early Sep 12, 2014, 00:45 ItBurn

Loved Dead Island. I can't understand how an adult can look at a CGI trailer and think that that's how the game will be... Maybe I'm just cynical? I was pleasantly surprised by the open world and the really good atmosphere. Absolutely looking forward to dying light.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation
27. Re: Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation Sep 10, 2014, 10:21 ItBurn

Evil Within looks aweful... But I hate the resident evil games. They're way too cheesy and silly for me to be scared or to take it seriously. And on the gameplay side, I really hate the way they do third person.

I'm still watching it though, I love horror games and maybe this is different enough.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation
9. Re: Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation Sep 9, 2014, 17:47 ItBurn

DangerDog wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 17:40:
NeOCidE wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 15:59:
Please be good please be good please be good.

Wasn't there some negativity recently regarding the AI being contrived?
Like no matter what choices you made, the alien would be in the exact same place at the exact same time?
Hope this is good after previous Alien attempts.

I don't know but it's pretty much down to the Alien AI in terms of if this game is worth buying. I dig the retro sci-fi atmosphere and the fact that it's not a shooter. If it has baked in scripted events that play out regardless of what you do then that will be a huge letdown.

They stated clearly that the alien isn't always at the same place and doing the same thing. But you can bet your ass that there'll be some scripted events. This is in no way a deal breaker. Amnesia was even more scripted than this.

That being said, I'm going to wait for a review or two, but if it's good, oh damn, I'm all over it.

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Sep 8, 2014, 14:50 ItBurn

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 23:50:
I found Mac's YouTube channels by chance a few years ago; now I always look forward to his posts for a good laugh.

The only problem he has is that he's extremely misogynistic which has already gotten him some heat. He did a review of a Fire and Rescue game that just went too far.

I think his stuff is great, but kids watch his channel and Worth a Buy is getting more popular, so I think he really needs to reign in the highly offensive stuff.

I don't agree about the misogyny. His story made sense and I totally agree with his points. I've heard this argument many times before from respectable people. It was just facts. I mean his mother could be dead today if he didn't take matters into his own hands. I'm not trying to solve social issues or anything here, and he wasn't either, but that wasn't misogyny, it was a valid opinion.

Is he offensive sometimes though, sure :p Well not to me... I'm not a 10 yr old kid.

Edit: The vid isn't fresh in my mind, so don't sue me.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 7, 2014, 15:06 ItBurn

I agree, it's not a sport. Just another competitive activity, BUT.

It's more of a sport than poker though... Take car racing, another activity where there's a debate about it being a sport or not. It demands high reflexes and a lot of physical prowess to win a race, but you're basically doing nothing, sitting in a chair and letting the car do the work. Poker on the other hand requires no physical skill, just your brain. (you could argue that the poker face is physical...). Gaming is like racing. It requires high reflexes, tight coordination and dexterity.

So basically, if you think racing is a sport, gaming should also be a sport.

All that matters is that our "athletes" get the benefits they deserve from governments and stuff. If it requires naming what they do a sport, so be it.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 7, 2014, 14:36 ItBurn

I love the Worth a buy guy. He simply doesn't accept any level of bs  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3 Sep 6, 2014, 13:10 ItBurn

I don't like Capcom. They make terrible ports, have the worst DLC practices and aren't shy about draining their fans from every penny with their full priced minor updates. It doesn't help that I haven't liked a game from them in like 10 years, except maybe one or two DS games.  

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth in November
1. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth in November Sep 5, 2014, 19:10 ItBurn

I kinda had my fill of this game, but I loved it, so I'll probably get this one too...  

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
8. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 10:21 ItBurn

This is the opposite of what I want.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Sep 2, 2014, 17:29 ItBurn

There is absolutely no point in playing vanilla minecraft. The mods that are out now offer a million times more. I don't know why they bother... Maybe for consoles?  

917 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo