Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1129 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Announced
3. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Announced Jun 11, 2015, 12:05 ItBurn

Looks good! See that screenshot with the bullet holes in enemies? I hope this is actually physics based!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Teased
14. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Teased Jun 11, 2015, 05:48 ItBurn

vacs wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 05:42:
Krodge wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 21:15:
I liked the last one.
But I do wish they had gone with old school level design instead of a Serious Sam / Painkiller style game.

agreed, I loved the new one but I do would have also preferred level design a bit more like the original one. There was just something I can't quantify about those build-based games like dn3d, blood and shadow warrior, you really felt that the level designer had fun building the maps...

I dunno, it's easy to define what was good about the build engine games. The levels were non-linear. They were these open-ended boxes that you could explore at your pace and in the order you wanted. They were actual levels. Nowadays, the linear levels, they're basically just roller coasters. Another good thing was that the locations were real world things with lots of detail, so that you could imagine being inside it and immerse yourself better. It wasn't just about going from point A to point B and kill every enemy.

13. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Teased Jun 11, 2015, 05:45 ItBurn

Slick wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 05:38:
just give me the first 5 minutes of that game extended across 12 hours. I want to fight the crazy 88 endlessly. I loved the first shadow warrior back in the day (had a great time LANning with that game, F1-F12 were vocal taunt keys, each more hilarious than the last).

but

i just wasn't feeling the mutants/monsters whathaveyou. I just want to have all the moves unlocked, and fend off wave after wave of ninjas with my sword and throwing stars and kung-fu and demon powers. fuck guns. fuck monsters.

Shadow Warrior IS demons and guns. The sword was great, but you can't really change that and still call the game Shadow Warrior. You could, but then you would be called EA and everyone would hate you. There could be a mod of what you say though, or maybe an expansion/DLC.

The first game(remake) had a "horde" mode like you explain. Perhaps there's a map with only humans and the sword. I didn't play it.

10. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Teased Jun 11, 2015, 04:20 ItBurn

First game was great in every way. Minor complaints include not enough monster variety and levels that are a bit too linear. If they fix this, oh boy oh boy.  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed
8. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed Jun 10, 2015, 04:42 ItBurn

DangerDog wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 21:30:
This should be interesting, the first one was pretty good - they did a hell of a job tweaking the Unreal Engine into a good looking game. If this game gets a VR treatment there will be reports of people stroking out from playing it.

I'd love to see a multiplayer mode that gives the game longer shelf life than just the single player can offer, timed runs through levels is only for the aspergers crowd.

Yeah, what I read was this: "We don't feel like another mirror's edge game would make a big enough profit, so we're going to make another type of game. We're going to reuse the name anyway because that'll get us more sales." Classic EA.

Scary phrases for fans of Mirror's Edge in their text:
"introduce Mirror’s Edge to a new generation"
"making it a new experience"
"this is not Mirror's Edge 2"
"a vision that honors the first game"

But maybe it's going to be fine.

News Comments > Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer
9. Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer Jun 8, 2015, 17:09 ItBurn

nin wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 17:05:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 16:59:
Capcom is basically the devil's nicer cousin, which is still really evil. So, no support from me. If you're really interested in this, I suggest you wait for the version that includes all of the games, which is sure to come later.

Or get Mighty No. 9, when it comes out later this year.

I'm definitely interested in it, but I don't know... it looks like poopy :p Too much mega man, not enough mega man X. I'd be much more interested into something akin to Mega man zero on the gba or ZX on DS.

edit: I looked at a more recent vid and it seems a bit better than I thought, but I still hate the look.

edit2: What I'm really interested in is Bloodstained. Right guy, right studio(they made megaman zero and zx...).

News Comments > Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer
6. Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer Jun 8, 2015, 16:59 ItBurn

Capcom is basically the devil's nicer cousin, which is still really evil. So, no support from me. If you're really interested in this, I suggest you wait for the version that includes all of the games, which is sure to come later.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 8, 2015, 10:15 ItBurn

You can't really expect Uwe Boll to make sense :p  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 5, 2015, 11:12 ItBurn

Bell is awful. They offer the worst possible service and support. It truly is a nightmare to deal with them. The world would be a better place if they disappeared.  

News Comments > Steam Controller Video
9. Re: Steam Controller Video Jun 5, 2015, 11:09 ItBurn

I will do my part to make this more popular than the xbox controller for the sole purpose of saying f-u to Microsoft.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Jun 3, 2015, 03:56 ItBurn

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 19:29:
After watching the "Hatred" video, I can honestly say what a dumb game. I find it hilarious that anyone could even think this is entertaining. I mean seriously there are thousands of better shooters out there, how can you be so blind?

Well for one thing, this could be the game with the best environment destruction I've seen yet.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jun 2, 2015, 11:31 ItBurn

Axis wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 09:16:
Hatred looks like a boring twin stick shooter with less gratuitous violence than a stroll down GTA5 lane...

The violence seems really tame. The blood is black, there's no dismemberment and the execution animations aren't really graphic, just generic stabbing with bad clipping. The top down perspective also really disconnects you from the action.

I guess that the only reason people are crying is because the goal of the game is to kill innocents. Most of the actual gameplay though is fighting police.

The devs are smart, they got tons of publicity for what is to me a significantly less violent game than GTA V. Without that publicity, that game would have been completely buried.

I think it looks fun... For 5 bucks.

News Comments > LEGO Worlds Announced; Early Access Begins
11. Re: EGO Worlds Announced; Early Access Begins Jun 2, 2015, 03:51 ItBurn

Seeing how Minecraft runs performance-wise, I don't see how this could have acceptable framerates. Maybe if the view distance is crazy small.

Also there doesn't seem to be a survival component to the game and that's basically the only thing that kept me interested in Minecraft. You get tired of building incredibly fast when there's no reason to.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch Plans
16. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch Plans Jun 1, 2015, 12:43 ItBurn

descender wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 12:31:
Ok, small peeve and I'll crawl back in my hole....

If the cutscenes were "pre-rendered" then there wouldn't be any performance issues... it would basically just be playing a video file at that point. This would deliver a better product IMO... but pre-rendered scenes aren't used anymore because of storage limits.

Most likely TW3 cutscenes are either frame-locked at 30FPS (DA:I and others have done this recently), or simply enabling too many unwanted eye-candy features when they are running. TW2 had options for cutscene rendering separate from the game itself, would be nice to see those return.

What can I say, you're absolutely wrong. The problematic cutscenes are 100% pre-rendered. They are low rez and got compression artifacts. There's just no doubt. There are non-pre rendered cutscenes in the game, but these run fine.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch Plans
13. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch Plans Jun 1, 2015, 12:16 ItBurn

Alamar wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 12:03:
heh 'Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.'

I just assumed you had to kill everything before proceeding, and I had about 30 of those little buggers right off the bat... Good times ; )

Man, I had a horde too. I was like, there's NO WAY this is possible. Then I read the quest line and it just said, "escape the bog", so I used her teleportation ability to go like a million miles away in a millisecond. Quest seemed fine to me.

I really hope this patch finally fixes the damn pre-rendered cutscene performance.

News Comments > SOMA in September
4. Re: SOMA in September May 30, 2015, 16:00 ItBurn

I have faith in these guys. Looks good. I like the Talos principle vibe I'm getting.  

News Comments > New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection
17. Re: New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection May 29, 2015, 11:23 ItBurn

I thought that the 2010 hot pursuit was total garbage. The last one I liked was Most Wanted(2005), not that 2012 pile of crap. My fav was probably the original Hot Pursuit or Hot Pursuit 2, can't remember.  

News Comments > New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection
12. Re: New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection May 29, 2015, 10:44 ItBurn

I think this is a great idea seeing how great this turned out for Sim City.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
38. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 10:05 ItBurn

Cabezone wrote on May 29, 2015, 10:01:
Yeah you can button mash bandits and wolves, the weakest enemies in the game. I don't think every fight needs to be difficult. Lets see him button mash heavy attack against on of the incorporeal monsters, or a bear.

For most monsters, you do 3 quick attacks, roll out of the way, repeat until dead. Not exactly life changing.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
35. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 08:45 ItBurn

harlock wrote on May 29, 2015, 08:09:
if you havent played the game - you dont know shit about it

end of story

i know it wont stop you from talking out your ass, but thats all you are doing ... its just a load of bullshit

I'm not sure what you're saying. Me and the video guy are playing the game.

1129 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo