Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 926 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed
11. Re: Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed Sep 25, 2014, 22:02 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 21:04:
Omni wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 20:03:
4GBs of VRAM, another poorly optimized PC game?

Just a shitty engine (ID Tech 5)

Worth noting I hated that engine in literally every game that used it so far. Non dynamic world lighting, baked static geometry ugly as fuck textures..... no thanks

ID tech 5 is a bane of the industry. All these games ruined from the start.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn Announced
8. Re: Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn Announced Sep 24, 2014, 17:31 ItBurn

Loved the originals. Good atmosphere and the hunting was fun.  

News Comments > Gauntlet Released
17. Re: Gauntlet Released Sep 23, 2014, 23:48 ItBurn

Can you play this with only two players?
Or does it add cpu controlled guys or something?

News Comments > Triad Wars Beta Signups; Trailer
11. Re: Triad Wars Beta Signups; Trailer Sep 23, 2014, 22:07 ItBurn

This looks horrible and it's a damn shame. I liked the original, but this free to play mmo-lite bs is exactly what I don't want. I hope they still plan on making a real sequel.  

News Comments > PC GTA5 First-Person Support?
19. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 22, 2014, 13:04 ItBurn

Awesome! The GTAIV first person mod turned the immersion up to 11.  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
16. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 12:48 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 12:46:
The Witcher Wild Hunt isn't coming out until February 2015. But other than that, yeah, it's an embarrassment of riches this year.

There's a lot of games that I really want to play in there, but then I think about it and realize that it's been a long time since I've been "REALLY" excited about a game. I mean a huge game with crazy features. Not a clone of another game, but with a different story and settings... Know what I mean?

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
14. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 12:39 ItBurn

What? There's a new Borderlands game coming out!?

/sarcasm

News Comments > Hellraid Stream Tomorrow
6. Re: Hellraid Stream Tomorrow Sep 16, 2014, 09:32 ItBurn

Wetworks24 wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 05:29:
Asmo wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 01:28:
Friends and I had a ball in the (admittedly somewhat substandard) Dead Island, so I think even if the SP has the same dodgy stuff in it, this will be a decent co-op game.

Looks more in line with Lichdom: Battlemage than Dead Island. I'm guessing Lichdom style game albeit more fleshed out, but will still feel like a digital download $30-$40 type of game.

Yeah I definitely get a lichdom vibe. Linear melee action. It looks fun though...

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
40. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 12:35 ItBurn

ASeven wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 12:32:
I've got a feeling that Minecraft just died, at least for PC.

Minecraft for PC hasn't been supported by Mojang in years. Modders have been doing it a million times better. I wouldn't worry about the current version of Minecraft.

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
7. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 10:24 ItBurn

"There’s no reason for the development, sales, and support of the PC/Mac......versions of Minecraft to stop"
What? There are MANY reasons to stop the development if Microsoft owns it. There's no way Microsoft would release a game for PS3-4... Explain this to me.

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
6. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 13, 2014, 14:33 ItBurn

DO NOT WANT. I want PC games with PC features and no input delay... Keep console games on consoles. Just do Steam streaming if you want to Stream.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 12, 2014, 22:48 ItBurn

PHJF wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 22:28:
So they removed the mouse support in the UI (which was in the original game). The dev rep can be quoted as saying, "we only had time to do mouse controls or mod support, and we chose mod support."

seriously?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 12, 2014, 21:48 ItBurn

Loved the original game, see absolutely no reason to get this. This is a weird idea that they had.  

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
39. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 13:14 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 13:12:
Eh. The extra hires are lost weight, because they aren't usually trying to push 3 platforms out the door at once. Plus, it takes a while to hire people (months, usually), takes a while for them to get ramped up and understand what they're doing, takes someone to train them and help them get ramped up, etc.

And then, when the project finishes and there's nothing in the pipeline to keep that many people occupied, particularly in QA, they get laid off and some PR goes out about rightsizing and blah blah blah.

Or, instead, you just outsource and avoid much of that, but lose control over the quality of the product.

I'm saying all this because I've worked somewhere where they did it. It worked and people didn't stand around playing catch.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
16. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 13:12 ItBurn

Wow. Way too early to release this... Must be extremely feature light... Or... I'll be amazed.  

32. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 12:53 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:49:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:37:
Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:16:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:01:
The people working on the PC compatibility stuff are different people. This is simply a planning issue. A ton of other devs release all platforms at the same time successfully. That's because it's planned properly

Not necessarily, no. Q/A is done many times by the same in-house teams and simply takes longer on a platform with more hardware variation. Different companies have different processes for this kind of thing. A 2 month delay is just fine with me if the port is solid. A lot of other companies release at the same time and it's not always to our benefit.

There will be plenty of stuff to play around to fill in the gaps anyway *shrug*. I'll be lucky to be finishing off games from November at that point.

You're right, not necessarily. Rockstar is huge though, you'd think they'd do things properly... Devs that release all platforms at the same time, just plan it in advance. There's no excuse really. I also prefer they give it two more months to get a solid port. But that's not what I think they're doing. They're giving it two more months to give us a crappy port :p

You're Rockstar. Do you hold up the next-gen releases till past Christmas to make sure they get launched at the same time as the PC release, or do you push the PC release out the door before its ready so that it launches with the other platforms?

I'm sure they planned it in advance. But some things are exceedingly difficult to rush without dropping quality, and Black Friday waits for no one.

I obviously am not Rockstar, but if I was Rockstar, I'd plan it in advance, hire the people I need and have all platforms released at the same time... The extra hires aren't lost weight, they can help with other projects. They have the cash...

30. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 12:37 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:16:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:01:
The people working on the PC compatibility stuff are different people. This is simply a planning issue. A ton of other devs release all platforms at the same time successfully. That's because it's planned properly

Not necessarily, no. Q/A is done many times by the same in-house teams and simply takes longer on a platform with more hardware variation. Different companies have different processes for this kind of thing. A 2 month delay is just fine with me if the port is solid. A lot of other companies release at the same time and it's not always to our benefit.

There will be plenty of stuff to play around to fill in the gaps anyway *shrug*. I'll be lucky to be finishing off games from November at that point.

You're right, not necessarily. Rockstar is huge though, you'd think they'd do things properly... Devs that release all platforms at the same time, just plan it in advance. There's no excuse really. I also prefer they give it two more months to get a solid port. But that's not what I think they're doing. They're giving it two more months to give us a crappy port :p

23. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 12:01 ItBurn

nin wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:53:
Xero wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:40:
Why the hell 2 months later? Exclusive is out the window so what gives? That's some serious lame sh!t and doesn't make sense when they could capitalize on the holiday sales. Weird.

Eitherway, stupid move by Rockstar.

You have two pieces of hardware with static innards, and one piece of hardware that could have anything in it. Guess which one gets tested last?

The people working on the PC compatibility stuff are different people. This is simply a planning issue. A ton of other devs release all platforms at the same time successfully. That's because it's planned properly.

What I think is that Rockstar doesn't really care. They basically did nothing on the PC version's interface and compatibility and will do most of it within two months. Which will lead to a bit of a mess, like GTA 4. Still loved the game though...

15. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 10:36 ItBurn

Released 2 months after the consoles. Rockstar... assholes till the end.  

News Comments > Dying Light Early
15. Re: Dying Light Early Sep 12, 2014, 00:45 ItBurn

Loved Dead Island. I can't understand how an adult can look at a CGI trailer and think that that's how the game will be... Maybe I'm just cynical? I was pleasantly surprised by the open world and the really good atmosphere. Absolutely looking forward to dying light.  

926 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo