Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1129 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans
27. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 21, 2015, 16:40 ItBurn

I watched the presentation. Basically it felt like they were trying to sell xboxes. At least the new changes seem relatively easy to ignore, so they didn't completely break gaming.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Theme Hospital Free on Origin
10. Re: Theme Hospital Free on Origin Jan 21, 2015, 09:37 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 09:28:
ItBurn wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 03:37:
Nothing. It's not as good as Steam, but who can be? Steam has had a lot more time to better itself. People need to realize that we need Steam competitors if we want to keep seeing good prices.

Hasn't really been an issue so far. I agree in principle though.

Steam is a bit of an outlier since its not beholden to public shareholders.

I personally think that the deals are worse than they were a couple of years ago. I actually rarely buy games on Steam because the prices are too high. I get 90% of my games from Green Man Gaming. It's usually cheaper.

News Comments > Theme Hospital Free on Origin
7. Re: Theme Hospital Free on Origin Jan 21, 2015, 03:37 ItBurn

DangerDog wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 03:28:
ForgedReality wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 19:01:
Shame it's on Origin.

They should change their slogan (do they have one?) to "Origin. Not Even Once."

Aside from it not being Steam what's wrong with Origin?

Nothing. It's not as good as Steam, but who can be? Steam has had a lot more time to better itself. People need to realize that we need Steam competitors if we want to keep seeing good prices.

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
8. Re: MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers Jan 16, 2015, 09:50 ItBurn

Oh sh*t. Everything Microsoft attemps to do is terrible. When they ignore things, they are OK at least. We are doomed.  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
10. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 11:02 ItBurn

Dunno, these specs seem resonable to me.
The delay sucks, but it'll give me time to play Dragon Age, so I can't say I'm too mad. Better this than to release a buggier game.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
46. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 8, 2015, 03:30 ItBurn

The Witcher 2 was/is an incredibly good looking game. The amount of detail was crazy. 6 GB seems pretty reasonable.  

News Comments > Survarium EU Open Beta
4. Re: Survarium EU Open Beta Jan 5, 2015, 14:56 ItBurn

From what I understand, right now, it's only a competitive shooter with loadouts and microtransactions. Their idea is to make enough profit from it to work on the open world/survival/pve game.  

News Comments > Diablo III Experience Bonus
14. Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 26, 2014, 12:09 ItBurn

I've played this game a ton, but I'm done. A new patch won't do it. I need a new expansion.  

News Comments > ROTT TTURNS TTWENTTY
9. Re: ROTT TTURNS TTWENTTY Dec 22, 2014, 13:25 ItBurn

Caladell wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 10:22:
Nice title Blue...

I picked up the remake a while back, and really did not enjoy it at all. Controls, mouse movement, it just felt off. Is it worth picking up the original?

I liked the original better. With that said, I doubt you'll enjoy it if it wasn't one of your childhood games.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week
23. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week Dec 18, 2014, 09:12 ItBurn

pagb wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 08:21:
nin wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 07:49:
Theo wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 07:37:
Beelzebud wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 01:20:
Please let this be properly optimized.

Yher. not that they have made a single PC port that wasnt garbage performance wise. :-(

Thought people said the last Max Payne was decent?
Yeah, MP3 was fine in that department... but GTAIV... oh man, oh god

I HATED the controls in MP3. Overly complicated and weird as hell. The rest was solid though.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
44. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 11:51 ItBurn

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 11:37:
Kajetan wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 11:20:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:59:
Good decision. You may not like the game, but freedom of speech should prevail.
I want my rape sim games on Steam!!
Tentacle Simulator 2015 almost made it onto Steam but got voted down!

Postal 2 is one of the best shooters I've played. Open world with tons of interactivity and one of the first games with havok physics. It's also incredibly obscene. I still haven't murdered anybody. If the game is fun(and I have time...), I'll play it.

25. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 10:06 ItBurn

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 10:00:
Yakubs wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:53:
In reality, it works the other way around. Poisoned minds tend to gravitate toward media that appeals to them. Media doesn't turn healthy people into murderers.
Exactly.
I've been playing violent video games since I was 7 and watching (as fucking stupid as it sounds nowadays considered) violent cartoons like Tom and Jerry or Bugs Bunny as I was growing up, but never ever considered picking up a gun and go on a shooting spree in real life. Even though I was bullied in high school for years.

Maybe I am the exception not the rule but I personally don't see how a movie or a video game can turn a normal person into a murderer.

Same. Played violent games and watched violent movies all my life. It's rare to find a person as peaceful as me. Violence is never the answer to solve problems in my life.

21. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 09:59 ItBurn

Good decision. You may not like the game, but freedom of speech should prevail.  

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
75. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 16:22 ItBurn

DangerDog wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 16:12:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 14:51:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:25:
I usually love sandbox games, but there are some that I don't like because they're too empty and aimless. To me so far, it seems like the latter.

First review confirms my fears IncGamers review

I think it's a complement to the game that it leaves you wanting more, as it is in its current form I think it represents what the initial goal was which was to create an updated version of Elite.

Even in the unlikely event that they just continue to fix bugs and hold off on adding more content there's more than enough of a game here to enjoy for quite a long time.

Perhaps it's down to some people mentally adding up all the grandiose promises of Star Citizen and comparing them to Elite that are not satisfied with what's on offer, Star Citizen is still just an idea and Elite Dangerous is a game you can play today.

In my case it has nothing to do with Star Citizen. Some sandbox games just don't keep my interest. But I can't help comparing Elite to Freelancer, which is what I use as a gold standard for a coop space sandbox.

62. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 14:51 ItBurn

ItBurn wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:25:
I usually love sandbox games, but there are some that I don't like because they're too empty and aimless. To me so far, it seems like the latter.

First review confirms my fears IncGamers review

8. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 10:25 ItBurn

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access Next Month
9. Re: H1Z1 Early Access Next Month Dec 9, 2014, 09:29 ItBurn

Quboid wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 22:34:
There's a really great game concept here and Day Z doesn't look like it is going to deliver. Maybe this will be it. The Forest is the survival game that looks most promising but it's single player only so not the same.

I haven't tried all of the games in the world, but I think that 7 days to die is the best one. I must've played a hundred hours. It has a strong pve element.

News Comments > Enter the Gungeon Announced
6. Re: Enter the Gungeon Announced Dec 9, 2014, 08:44 ItBurn

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 18:28:
wasteoid wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 18:09:
Is it truly that expensive/difficult to create some decent graphics for new games? My curiosity at a new game is instantly killed by these crappy graphics. Eye-candy isn't the most important element to a good game, but it is hard for many people to get into games with such unpalatable graphics.

If you don't like the graphics, that's fine. But a lot of people enjoy pixel art, and don't find this crappy at all. Rather good, in fact.

It's like playing Madden and complaining that the focus is on nothing but gaining yards, and how come you can't unlock a single usable gun in the game.

Also yes. Yes, it's expensive and difficult to get good graphics in indie games.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
51. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 19:18 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 19:11:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 18:05:
Jivaro wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 18:04:
My backlog is, so far, winning the battle this year. Usually I buy stuff even though my backlog is ridiculously long. This year seems to be different for some reason. I have less time to play than in previous years, so that is probably part of it. I have some really well reviewed games in my backlog, which is probably a bigger part. I haven't played Dishonored yet, for example.

I don't have time to play games anymore... It's actually starting to affect my mood...

seems to me you are living your life for pretty much anyone, except yourself and if you notice it affects your mood you should act. You don't need to do anything drastic, but 1 hour a day for your hobby/hobbies is the minimum. Take that time and MAKE that time. A hobby you enjoy will help you counter stress.

Thanks for your concern :p I'm fine, don't worry Sorry for hijacking the thread.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
49. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 19:10 ItBurn

Julio wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 19:00:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 18:18:
Nah, I do have a gf. I'm trying to do the gf

I realize that I sound like a 13 year old, but I just meant, I don't have a wife and kids, which would be a great excuse for no gaming time

1129 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo