Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1129 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook
17. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 3, 2015, 09:28 ItBurn

nin wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 08:59:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 03:43:
f-ck the combat in this game. The tactical view is atrocious. It makes it painful to do things and it constantly obstructs your view. Closing the rift is a puzzle game in itself because it's so hard to get the rift into camera view.

I think that's one of the reasons I stopped playing awhile back and haven't been back. The combat just seems like a pain in the ass...

It's a good reason, but once you understand how it actually works, you can get it to do what you want most of the time. So far I'd give the game a 7, and it's mostly due to the combat. It's the core of the game, it should be painless.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook
14. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 3, 2015, 06:04 ItBurn

Julio wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 05:50:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 03:43:
f-ck the combat in this game. The tactical view is atrocious.

But this was "Game of the Year" by various supposedly reputable award shows? Maybe the game intro and credits were amazing and put them over the top if the combat didn't.

I'm guessing that on consoles, since their control system sucks anyway, tactical view may actually be something that would help.

You can't even queue commands. Let's say you want to go into stealth and go stab an enemy, you have to do this:
- Pause/Enter tactical view
- Activate stealth.
- Unpause.
- Wait for stealth to activate
- Quickly pause before your other characters get attacked too much.
- Right click on target to select it as permanent target.
- Activate backstab skill.
- Unpause.
- Watch your character run in circles for 5 seconds and then stagger towards target. Once he reaches the target, the skill doesn't hit anything because it activated the skill too early. Restart half the steps in order to do the backstab skill again. This time your character doesn't activate the skill because he's stuck in invisible geometry... etc.

This isn't a rare occurence, it happens all the time. If at any time you accidently go out of tactical view, your party members promptly forget all their orders. Even in tactical view sometimes they forget orders randomly. I've played this game for like 20 hours, I know what I'm talking about.

DA1 and 2 had much better combat systems. Major step back here.

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2015, 06:10.

News Comments > Bombshell Details & Trailer
18. Re: Bombshell Details & Trailer Mar 3, 2015, 04:44 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:40:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:35:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:30:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 01:00:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 23:47:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:33:
i fully expect this to get torn apart, game looks visually terrible......

i think it looks kewl! definitely not a game for everyone tho.

i was just thinking how blasted d3 got for visuals......being it a d3 clone and all....

What? How is this a Diablo clone? Bombshell is a twin-stick shooter. Diablo is an ARPG. The only similarity is the camera angle and the fact that you're killing stuff.

Official word on the game is that it's an ARPG with skills and upgrades. http://www.bombshell.com/

From the site's description:

Brilliantly brutal isometric shooting layered with classic role-playing mechanics, including experience points, upgrades, side quests, and non-linear levels. All with a twist of first-person shooter mechanics.

Sounds more like a twin-stick shooter with RPG elements. Gameplay footage reinforces that.

Agreed, but they specifically say that it's an action RPG :p

16. Re: Bombshell Details & Trailer Mar 3, 2015, 04:35 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:30:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 01:00:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 23:47:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:33:
i fully expect this to get torn apart, game looks visually terrible......

i think it looks kewl! definitely not a game for everyone tho.

i was just thinking how blasted d3 got for visuals......being it a d3 clone and all....

What? How is this a Diablo clone? Bombshell is a twin-stick shooter. Diablo is an ARPG. The only similarity is the camera angle and the fact that you're killing stuff.

Official word on the game is that it's an ARPG with skills and upgrades. http://www.bombshell.com/

12. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 3, 2015, 03:43 ItBurn

f-ck the combat in this game. The tactical view is atrocious. It makes it painful to do things and it constantly obstructs your view. Closing the rift is a puzzle game in itself because it's so hard to get the rift into camera view.

Why is the combat broken? Let's say you give an order to one of your party members. As soon as you switch to another party member, the previous one will forget his order and just do whatever they want. If you want orders to stick, you need to switch to tactical view. Why? Who the f-ck knows! In tactical view you can't have direct control of your character, so you're forced to let the SHITTY AI take over and see your character just tap dance in front of an enemy instead of attacking it. It's a damn mess.

I kinda got used to it now, but damn it's painful.

Also, what do they mean by mouselook?? I already look around with the mouse...

13. Re: Bombshell Details & Trailer Mar 3, 2015, 03:38 ItBurn

No items and not enough weapons/variety, doesn't sound good for an arpg. I kinda trust these guys though.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
16. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 11:19 ItBurn

My biggest fear is that they use the Rage engine. I f-ing hate it. It looks awful.

I'm pretty sure they'll reuse the Skyrim engine, but heavily improved.

They can't make such an announcement about the presentation and not announce Fallout 4. Impossible.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2015, 11:32.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
41. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 15:25 ItBurn

SirKnight wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 15:04:
The fact that they are delaying this several times now just shows they don't want it to be an unoptimized port, as some are saying. If this was going to be an unoptimized port, then it would be out right now.

I disagree, you can't say that. Unacceptable games have come out with delays time and time again. It's no science, but if there's a delay, it means that there's a major issue with the game. Release dates are very serious and a ton of things are in place and a lot of money is lost when they're missed. So they're just going to fix it enough, so that they don't get sued or something. Let's hope I'm wrong.

News Comments > Cancelled Legacy of Kain Sequel Footage
8. Re: Cancelled Legacy of Kain Sequel Footage Feb 24, 2015, 05:48 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 19:38:
All I'd like is a proper RPG like the first game. Hated that they went 3rd person with it.

Amen! The first game was more of a Zelda clone than a RPG though. Which is ok!

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 19, 2015, 03:33 ItBurn

Played the strafe demo. It's definitely fun, but I don't know why I would play it... Nothing special about it. If you want that kind of game, I HIGHLY suggest the brutal Doom mod. It truly changes the game and for me it's the best shooter I've played in years.  

News Comments > Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay
9. Re: Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay Feb 18, 2015, 03:43 ItBurn

Yeah I love Binding of Isaac. Perfect game to just start and quickly play without using your brain too much. The combat is pretty bad though... I think the game would be way better if you didn't have to fight with f-ing tears... Azazel FTW!!!  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Patch
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous Patch Feb 11, 2015, 06:37 ItBurn

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 06:27:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 06:24:
Empty is the key word in what I said.
Ok, so what what would it make less empty in your opinion?

Well, the short answer is, play Freelancer.
I must also reiterate that I haven't played Elite, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
But, what I mean is, every solar system should be somewhat unique and have a different look, or at least have randomly generated unique features like, asteroid belts, all kinds of weird nebulas, ships cemetaries, ruins of stations or old battles, hidden stations, anomalies, hidden worm holes, mine fields. Then add interesting commercial routes around these things that force you to go and explore these different areas and find your own routes or shortcuts. Then have zones that you can't go without specific technologies, equipment or skill level and have them populated with unique mission types and different random encounters. You should want to go and explore all these different systems. Now you don't really care, they're all empty black boxes with generic stations strewn around. That's what it feels like anyway...

12. Re: Elite: Dangerous Patch Feb 11, 2015, 06:24 ItBurn

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 05:58:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 05:55:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 05:34:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 04:11:
So the real question is, is the game any fun?
Yes it is

I haven't played it, but I've been following it very closely and my conclusion right now is that it's just a huge empty space that you'll get bored of quick.
Well if you are looking for a story driven gameplay you won't find it here.
Think of it like a city builder game. They give you the tools and the World and you go make your own story.
I am not bored of it and I play it since the beta. It's not for everyone for sure, but if you did like the original Elite games you'll love this one.

Empty is the key word in what I said. Take the Freelancer multiplayer mode. Their universe is full of different stuff, detail and action everywhere and it has a strong exploration element. Elite's universe is much bigger, but it seems barren. I've played a lot of freeform sandbox open world games, and I can't stand the "empty" ones.

9. Re: Elite: Dangerous Patch Feb 11, 2015, 05:55 ItBurn

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 05:34:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 04:11:
So the real question is, is the game any fun?
Yes it is

I haven't played it, but I've been following it very closely and my conclusion right now is that it's just a huge empty space that you'll get bored of quick.

News Comments > The Witness Blows Through Braid Earnings
9. Re: The Witness Blows Through Braid Earnings Feb 10, 2015, 03:29 ItBurn

25-40 hours is way too long for a puzzle game.  

News Comments > Ken Levine's Sci-Fi PC Game Plans
16. Re: Ken Levine's Sci-Fi PC Game Plans Jan 28, 2015, 09:39 ItBurn

nin wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 09:35:
ItBurn wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 04:17:
Yeah, it blows my mind that those who loved System Shock would want more of Bioshock instead!

Did someone say that? I don't see it?

Yeah I guess they just said that they loved Bioshock. I think that Ken wants to do Bioshock style games, not SS2 style games. He's more about story and setting than gameplay.

News Comments > Ken Levine's Sci-Fi PC Game Plans
13. Re: Ken Levine's Sci-Fi PC Game Plans Jan 28, 2015, 04:17 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 02:26:
Squirmer wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 19:31:
The dude had a shot at System Shock and made Bioshock. Why do you want him involved?

This. I thought Bioshock was nothing like System Shock, all the great game elements of SS were missing or dumbed down beyond recognition. Not really hopeful its SS anyway.

Yeah, it blows my mind that those who loved System Shock would want more of Bioshock instead! It's a completely different game. As for rating Bioshock by itself, it's boring. The game is basically a linear call of duty with shitty combat and some weapons that aren't guns. The story was somewhat interesting, but I was so bored that I couldn't even finish the game(yes I know all about the twists). Bioshock infinite was the exact same game, but I liked the story slightly better, so I was at least able to finish it, but man, the gameplay sucks.

I don't want Ken to do a System Shock. I want open levels, rpg elements, customization and choices!

News Comments > Dying Light Steam Preloads
16. Re: Dying Light Steam Preloads Jan 26, 2015, 08:42 ItBurn

Rattlehead wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 18:44:
This game like most techland games will be nothing but a pile of mediocre shit. Seriously don't get how these clowns are in business, they haven't made anything good. Dead Island was fucking garbage, why expect anything different this time?

I loved Dead Island. It's one of the best zombie games I've ever played.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 15:57 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 15:16:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 12:09:
I bought H1Z1 because I was so desperate to play a DayZ game that didn't have an atrocious interface. The game is much smoother, but the only thing there is to do is walk around and open empty container after empty container. I've looted well over 500+ things, and all I have to show for it is a couple pair of goggles.

How frickin hard is it to make this type of game that doesn't suck?! Every other genre has games that don't suck, but this genre can't manage a single one.

Well, there's a place to find all the things you could ever want! The Microtransaction store! Just order an airdrop, be the first one there, and voila! Tons of items!

I strongly suggest you try out 7 days to die. Best game of that type.

News Comments > Roberts: Star Citizen Will "Probably" Pass $100M; Release Schedule Expanded
67. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 23, 2015, 03:32 ItBurn

Parias wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 00:25:
Lorcin wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 22:26:
Only way I can see this being fun for the non-captain is if they're the engineer solving a cross between pipemania and tetris to reroute power as needed.

That's sort of what I'm looking for - that and just running around in general putting out fires in the middle of a battle. I'm actually more looking forward to being an engineer on my friend's capital ship than piloting anything myself, in particular for the larger frigates and such that can carry their own fighters - managing parts inventory, keeping fighter launch operations going, running damage control, and helping to fight off the occasional boarding team in this big dynamic resource-driven universe is exactly the kind of gameplay I want.

Assuming it all works as advertised - which, who knows. We'll have to see.

As far as I know, they never promised gameplay close to what you guys are expecting.

1129 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo