Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 817 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Terraria Patched
9. Re: Terraria Patched Oct 1, 2013, 11:29 ItBurn

ViRGE wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 11:20:
DrSquick wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 10:02:
I bought Terraria very early on, and just haven't been able to get into it. I absolutely love Minecraft, and have easily sunk 2000+ hours into it, so it absolutely is my genre of game. The biggest issue I seem to have is the graphics are so bad that I have a lot of trouble telling the ores apart.
Ditto to all of that. Despite the fact that it's essentially 2D Minecraft, Terraria never gripped me. Something about being 2D is too constraining, coupled with the fact that like you I can't tell half the ores apart due to how similar they look.

Terraria isn't about telling ores apart... It also doesn't play like Minecraft. It starts somewhat slow, but once you've crafted the basic armor and weapons, things escalate exponentially and it's all about exploration, finding crazy ass items and doing a whole lot of fighting. The experience is extremely different from Minecraft.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Terraria Patched
2. Re: Terraria Patched Oct 1, 2013, 09:58 ItBurn

Well, looks like I'm going to play an extra 50 hours of terraria...  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 30, 2013, 21:37 ItBurn

Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 21:02:
Like the rest of Canada I'm sick to death of subsidizing Quebec. Way past time to send them back to France.

Jealous

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
8. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 26, 2013, 22:14 ItBurn

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 22:06:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 21:50:
Whiskers wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 21:48:
Will this actually sell any copies when it comes out? Feels like 90% of the people have already given tons of cash and gotten copies of the game already.

There's no publisher or investors who require a profit. They can basically just do another kickstarter and keep on making games. If the game is good, people will buy the next ones.

Instead of supporting their MMO/Single player game post release?

I'd pay for expansions.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
6. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 26, 2013, 21:50 ItBurn

Whiskers wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 21:48:
Will this actually sell any copies when it comes out? Feels like 90% of the people have already given tons of cash and gotten copies of the game already.

There's no publisher or investors who require a profit. They can basically just do another kickstarter and keep on making games. If the game is good, people will buy the next ones.

News Comments > Steam Machines Announced
30. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 16:05 ItBurn

Steele Johnson wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 16:00:
Verno wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 15:54:
I best go buy a few more 100# bags of rice. I think I'll need to hedge tarvation from a crash than Windows becoming abandoned any time soon and well MS is seeing a close wall isn't really going to work this far along. But if that is the reason or not, it's an option, just one I doubt I'll use. I think I have more a niche for the NVidia Streaming Gamepad than this. I have the cables all in place to move my PC to the projector just behind it now... I do that rarely.

I don't know, I appreciate alternatives and Microsoft has been an extremely neglectful and at times hostile parent to gaming on the PC. I am glad someone is offering an alternative as customization and choice has always been the strength of the PC.

I still don't understand the Microsoft hate. I'm starting to be convinced that it's just fashionable Hipster trend to hate MS. Period. The whole Win8 thing is blown way out of proportion.

Step 1: Find the Desktop tile and load it.
Step 2: Install a 3rd party Start Menu if you're really that lazy.
Step 3: Reboot.

That's it! Looks and runs just like Win7. In fact, some of my games actually perform better. PC gamers who hate Windows because of those silly reasons are just annoying Hipsters to me. Get a job or something. lol

My hate for MS has nothing to do with Windows 8(well it added to it). They've been SCREWING PC gamers over for years. Constantly making terrible decisions, releasing horrible products and trying to kill PC gaming.

9. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 15:35 ItBurn

A living room PC is nice for party gaming and watching series or movies, but yeah, just plug your laptop or get a cheap PC... If you have a non-cheap PC, chances are you're a hardcore PC gamer and you'd rather do your serious gaming on a desk.  

3. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 15:27 ItBurn

Yakubs wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 15:23:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 15:18:
This is basically what I'm thinking: http://i.imgur.com/O71Xrgx.gif

So I don't see any value for me. Perhaps it's all about making non-PC gamers think(falsely, because it IS PC gaming, but with less features, because of the limited OS) that this is easier than PC gaming?

This may be a shocking revelation for you but get this -- not all people have their gaming PC located within five feet of their TV.

This may be a shocking revelation for you but get this -- you can buy a normal PC and locate it within five feet from your TV.

My point is, why buy a Steam machine and have less applications that work on it rather than just installing windows on a machine. Saving the price of Windows I guess?

1. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 15:18 ItBurn

This is basically what I'm thinking: http://i.imgur.com/O71Xrgx.gif

So I don't see any value for me. Perhaps it's all about making non-PC gamers think(falsely, because it IS PC gaming, but with less features, because of the limited OS) that this is easier than PC gaming?

News Comments > Shadow Warrior to Get More Wang
3. Re: Shadow Warrior to Get More Wang Sep 24, 2013, 22:30 ItBurn

Get Saints Row 4 if you haven't already. Haven't had that much fun in a while.

As for Shadow Warrior. While I hate the new young guy, I could go for mindless violence.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Sep 24, 2013, 22:19 ItBurn

I should really try this. They call it diablo in space.  

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag "Comparable" to Next-Gen
5. Re: PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Sep 24, 2013, 18:08 ItBurn

WyldKat wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 17:43:
Tumbler wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 17:36:
I'm very interested to see AC4. Don't really care about the Assassin story anymore, the nautical theme looks like a lot of fun plus PIRATES!

That's exactly how I feel about it.

The sailing bits in AC3 interested me, but I learned they were a bit of a minority in the overall mission structure. Learning that this game is free roaming, free to sail anywhere has me really excited. Sure it lacks the depth and complexity of a true piracy game like Sid Meier's Pirates! but it's as close as we're going to get for awhile.

Sid Meier's Pirates???? Really?! Are you kidding me. You can't be more arcade than that game. You could swap the look of the game with a different skin and it would still work. If you really want pirate games, you need to play the Akela games. Pirates of the Carribean, Age of pirates: Carribean tales, Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships. They're all extremely hard to get into, but are super complex and will give you a real pirate experience. Pirates of the Carribean is one of my favorite games of all time. It has barely anything to do with the movie. They basically changed the name at the last minute for it to sell better :p.

News Comments > Hellraid Interactive Prequel Trailer
2. Re: Hellraid Interactive Prequel Trailer Sep 23, 2013, 23:53 ItBurn

That "movie" was horrrrrrrible. Game looks great though.  

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
87. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 18:42 ItBurn

Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 18:34:
Overon wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 18:13:
If it wasn't for games, I would probably be using GNU/Linux instead of Microsoft Windows. If more game ran natively on GNU/Linux I would not be using Microsoft Windows.

That describes almost every PC gamer. That's why I've never understood why MS has dropped the ball so badly on it and wasted so much time and money on console wars when they had the PC locked up and could have expanded the hell out of it. Yeah, if all games ran native under Linux we would have dumped Windows years ago.

No way. Linux can't be used by the general population. Even I have a hard time with it and refuse to waste my life learning it.

39. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 14:58 ItBurn

TheEmissary wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 14:53:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 14:00:
I have no idea why someone would use this. Why would I install and figure out this new OS that does a lot LESS, when I can already just use Steam on Windows? Plus, I own no Linux games.

This OS isn't meant for power users on normal gaming PCs. Their strategy is exactly the same as Google's strategy with releasing a free OS and allowing third party vendors to package it how they see fit. This is likely Valve's attempt to do the same for the console/embedded hardware.

This if it works will create a open console ecosystem that Ouya only dreamed about. The ability to build your own device for HTPC/embedded gaming (console).

Good read. Lots of "ifs" and "maybes" though.

36. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 14:52 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 14:50:
NKD wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 14:46:
Unless I can play my entire Steam catalog on it, no thanks. And even then it seems a bit silly when I could just run a normal OS with Steam.

I don't know, I actually run very little desktop software outside of work these days. I'm also totally fine with compatibility taking time, Steam itself took forever to get the game offerings it currently does and Windows gaming was pretty annoying before it.

I can understand the "future" argument. But damn Valve is terrible at explaining the things they release.

33. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 14:49 ItBurn

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 14:40:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 14:33:
ldonyo wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 14:29:
I brought Steam to my living room two years ago when I hooked my gaming PC to my home theater. It's been working fantastically ever since!

Exactly. Why deal with the several headaches of using this new OS if things already work great.
Because not everyone wants to bring their gaming PC to the living room

There are massive challenges to streaming PC games. The Nvidia Shield tried and there's image quality and latency issues. If you're not talking about Streaming, then I don't see what the immediate advantage of SteamOS is.

28. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 14:33 ItBurn

ldonyo wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 14:29:
I brought Steam to my living room two years ago when I hooked my gaming PC to my home theater. It's been working fantastically ever since!

Exactly. Why deal with the several headaches of using this new OS if things already work great.

19. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 14:00 ItBurn

I have no idea why someone would use this. Why would I install and figure out this new OS that does a lot LESS, when I can already just use Steam on Windows? Plus, I own no Linux games.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
9. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 22, 2013, 21:56 ItBurn

My opinion on the Witcher games is that they actually kinda suck. But the decisions you make are so hard and impactful that near the end of the game, you're very involved and get really into it. Plus the story really ties together only at the end. Basically, it hurts to play it, but after completing it, you're glad you did :p  

817 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo