Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 918 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
45. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 14:47 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:45:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:37:
If you start getting sued because a certain person doesn't like a game, it's going to cost even more to make games and companies will take even less risks. It's just terrrrible for the industry.

Releasing working games is terrible for the game industry? Bugs and crashes are facts, and any gamer should be able to sue a company if it releases a BROKEN GAME.

Egosoft.. looking at you!

Doing this opens so many doors for abuse is what I'm saying. And if people can abuse a system, you can be damn sure they will.

A dev makes a bad game, you just don't buy it. Don't buy it... It's simple. Let the dev die by himself because of lack of sales. No need to sue and end up raising dev costs and lowering innovation while causing potential issues for actual good games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 14:37 ItBurn

Scottyl42 wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:32:
I dont think you folks understand..This is NOT gamers sueing them. These are people who have MILLIONS invested into EA. Think of it this way. You've put money in Lexus...and the stock is 1.00. They come out with a new Lexus thats hot, sexy and sells well...then a few days later they find out the lexus is broke, the wheels dont work, engine..etc...News gets out and the stock drops to 72 cents...Thats why they are sueing them.

The thing is, investors are basically gambling this money. Failure is a real possibility. It blows my mind that you can sue for that.

Now, it's possible that EA would have somehow actively tried not to do what investors wanted with their cash... That would somewhat warrant a lawsuit, but how the hell can you prove that, and where do you draw the line? This is basically an art form and you never know how many bugs are too much or what's the exact cause of the failure or success...

If you start getting sued because a certain person doesn't like a game, it's going to cost even more to make games and companies will take even less risks. It's just terrrrible for the industry.

You invested and the project tanked, too bad, that's investing... I'm talking about common sense here, I have no knowledge of the law.

29. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 13:25 ItBurn

wtf is this? Sued because a game had an arbitrary amount of bugs too many?? Are we going to get sued if we make games that aren't fun enough?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
107. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 18, 2013, 10:45 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 10:37:
Verno wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 10:05:
He's right though, you do seem to have an absurd hateboner for this game. I don't get the urgency either, if they rush it's just going to be a shitshow and everyone will say RAHHHH TOLD U SO. A delay is perfectly reasonable in the context and this stuff happens in the industry all the time, this isn't the 10th delay or something silly. For the record I have $0.00 invested in this game before someone says I'm trying to excuse Chris Roberts and co.

I dont have a hateboner (lol) for any game. I do however hate double standards, hypocrites and charlatans.

Say that CR released the dogfighting module like he promised he would. Everyone would be clapping themselves on the back and going "I told you so InBlack see, he delivered!"...and I would have shut the fuck up about Star Citizen, forever.

A month or so ago I was trying to get a point accross that with the feature creep and the huge bites that CR and Co. were taking there was no way in hell that they were going to release the dogfighting module on time. A few poeple here started calling me names and swearing at me, and for what? Was I being unreasonable? Am I being unreasonable now?

These very same people are now saying exactly what I was saying a month ago and when I call them out for that I get called a hater. I guess I should just drop it, as there is no use in arguing with fanatics...

I called you a hater because that's what I saw. I wasn't one of the people who said this wouldn't be delayed. I had no doubt it would be delayed. They didn't delay the hangar though, so you know, it's not like they failed at everything... And this is not a failure like others said, it's just a normal delay. This kind of crap happens ALL the time in normal game projects, but is hidden from us. It would be stupid and basically insane if they just stuck to their initial plan and never swayed from it in order to do things better/differently or to go around problems they didn't anticipate. Software development is an incremental process.

101. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 18, 2013, 09:48 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 03:56:
Prez wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 00:55:
EDIT: And I think Blue is right; the way the say they are progressing faster and are delaying the earliest module in the same post is a bit jarring. While both are separate and unrelated, including both in the same post creates a bit of irony at least.

Exactly. Doublespeak. Lol. Im also amazed by how the fanbois defend this delay as justified, perfectly justified and completely expected. Its fucking doublethink is what it is. If you dont know what doublespeak or doublethink is, I feel sorry for you...

Fanboys? Doublespeak? I guess that there's such a thing as hateboys and you're doubly one of them.

91. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 18, 2013, 00:53 ItBurn

Here's Chris answering community questions. He also repeats some of his explanations for the delay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK-j06NksT4  

65. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 14:55 ItBurn

Stormsinger wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 14:50:
Slinkycatz wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 14:04:
Stormsinger wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 13:50:
You're missing the point completely. Delays happen, we all know that. But waiting to announce it until there are only two weeks left, rather than as you put it, last year when there was a change in scale and scope...well, that looks awfully snake oilish.

Like Cabezone said...

Those of us who have actually been following what has been going on have been aware for almost a month that they were debating which path to take on the dogfighting module. Release it with existing Crysis code or build it from scratch?

I've seen a number of comments here on BluesNews by those who aren't really following the game but are on the distant sidelines, making comments that indicate they don't really understand the context of what they are talking about.

So let me see if I have this straight now. You're saying that as of a month and a half before the deadline -they- had set, they hadn't even decided what engine they were going to use? And you're saying that's not waiting until the last minute to start on something they'd promised "no matter what"?

I guess I've been put in my place... I was being far more generous than that, assuming they'd actually made a decision in time to reach their deadline but just not announced it. This just screams of mismanagement.

You are NOT getting this straight. It was always known that they'd need to make their own multiplayer code. What they were debating is if they were going to make the initial dogfighting module with the current Crytek multiplayer code or later with the new multiplayer code. And all of this was apparently known for more than a month by people who follow the game.

26. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 11:09 ItBurn

Blue wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 11:03:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 10:54:
dj LiTh wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 10:46:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 10:33:
Your jokes would be funny if they were based in reality. Adding more people to a project slows it down in the short term rather than speed it up. It's much worse when it's multiple teams in different locations. That's absolute truth in the software industry and that's part of his explanation for the delay.

________

He explains that the overabundance of funding they received has allowed them to proceed faster than anticipated, which, counterintuitively means they are delaying the dogfighting module they intended to be one of the first elements of the game released to the public.

Ya reading is hard...

That's Blue's interpretation of what Roberts said. The only thing close to that that he said was that they were able to implement some features that they didn't expect they could do so soon. I'm guessing he's talking about mocap primarily. What he said though is that their teams are ramping up and synchronizing everything when the teams are still being set up is tough.

I disagree. I think what I wrote is a fair summary of what Chris wrote, which is this:

The incredible surge in funding this year has helped the long term picture. We have been able to ramp up sooner and wider than we originally thought. This means more features and content will be in the game at launch. We’re further along than originally planned in building the tech for the persistent and instancing server backend which will ultimately drive Star Citizen. Both Squadron 42 and First Person Personal combat / boarding have full teams working in parallel, in addition to the teams in Los Angeles, Austin and Montreal working on the Dogfighting and Planetside components. We have smaller groups of people supporting these efforts from CGBot in Austin & Monterrey, Mexico and Void Alpha in San Francisco.

Long term, this is great for the game, but in the short term, getting multiple teams up to speed has definitely taken some bandwidth from myself and the initial team members.
Which brings us to the Dogfighting module;

I guess you could read it that way, but I think that the delay is because of the teams and not these extra features. Whatever, you're right, I'm too starstrucked from being replied to by Blue.

20. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 10:54 ItBurn

dj LiTh wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 10:46:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 10:33:
Your jokes would be funny if they were based in reality. Adding more people to a project slows it down in the short term rather than speed it up. It's much worse when it's multiple teams in different locations. That's absolute truth in the software industry and that's part of his explanation for the delay.

________

He explains that the overabundance of funding they received has allowed them to proceed faster than anticipated, which, counterintuitively means they are delaying the dogfighting module they intended to be one of the first elements of the game released to the public.

Ya reading is hard...

That's Blue's interpretation of what Roberts said. The only thing close to that that he said was that they were able to implement some features that they didn't expect they could do so soon. I'm guessing he's talking about mocap primarily. What he said though is that their teams are ramping up and synchronizing everything when the teams are still being set up is tough.

8. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 10:33 ItBurn

News Comments > Ultra Street Fighter IV Trailer, Interview
6. Re: Ultra Street Fighter IV Trailer, Interview Dec 16, 2013, 11:41 ItBurn

I hate their combat system. There's also way too many buttons and variations of special moves. Also, the single player AI is horrible and not a single of their characters is interesting to me. Their PC port is functionnal, but the control remapping is horrible and broken. Combine all this with the terrible practices of Capcom like on disk DLC and reselling the same thing for full price over and over and you're left with a sour taste in your mouth.

If you want to participate in tournaments it seems like a good game though I guess...

News Comments > Ubisoft Restarted Rainbow Six: Patriots Development
12. Re: Ubisoft Restarted Rainbow Six: Patriots Development Dec 14, 2013, 11:26 ItBurn

Prez wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 04:52:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 03:24:
Eh, Hidden & Dangerous was always better than Rainbow Six...

I LOVED Hidden and Dangerous! It had its issues but it remains one of my best gaming memories ever!

To this date I still can't find better 4 player coop. I mean, it was a piece of shit broken game, but damn it was fun.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
79. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 22:45 ItBurn

Task wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 22:15:
Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 16:06:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 15:50:
There's absolutely no reason to start a new character, and that destroys all the magic for me. The game says that you are this god at everything. Making a second character is yourself forcing this upon yourself. I dunno, I want game systems to direct gameplay, I don't want to imagine game mechanics that aren't there.

Basically it's hard to explain :p

This is why I'm stoked for Divinity Original Sin.

Had no idea what Divinity Original Sin was. Looked it up.

Amazed.

Seems related(sequel?) to Divine Divinity. A game I hated. It had good ideas, but the gameplay was atrocious, you never knew what the hell you were supposed to do and it was very unpolished. Lots of people liked it apparently.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
7. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 11, 2013, 22:39 ItBurn

Cliff has shit on PC gaming like few devs have. I haven't forgotten.  

57. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 16:36 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 16:31:
TES is much more an adventuring game than an RPG. It has RPG elements, but you aren't playing a role. You can be everything.

I prefer it that way, honestly. I don't have time to do multiple playthroughs, so I want to see everything and do everything on that one I give it. If a game wants multiple playthroughs, it should be ~10-25 hours. If it's 60-80, I prefer being able to see it all.

My opinion. I'm not saying this is the only way games should be done, I'm saying this is the way games I will love are done.

While I disagree that that's how games should be done, I think we can agree that there's no way you've done everything in Skyrim :p

45. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 15:50 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 15:44:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 15:18:
You could replay the game a bunch of times, do the quest lines you had to skip and experiment different builds.

Amazingly, you can still do so in Skyrim. I just don't get the complaint of "Man, you can be the guild master of all four guilds at the same time!"

Yes, you can. Some people make one character and want to experience all the content with that one character. They can.

If you don't want to do it that way, how about... I dunno... not doing all four guild quest lines with that one character? It doesn't seem that difficult a solution.

I like that I can mix and match. It's a lot of fun to be a werewolf mage who goes on to become the ultimate assassin (though the assassin quests are all way too easy, unfortunately), because you can sneak in with magic, switch to werewolf, murder your victim, run back out again and change back, then go ask the guards what happened (well not really, but okay.)

If all four quest lines were separate, you couldn't mix and match like this.

I got no more enjoyment out of Morrowind forcing me to do three playthroughs and pick three different houses than I got out of doing all four all at once in oblivion.

Typically for Skyrim I make a character for playthrough, think about what he'll do, and then play the quests that make sense for the archetype. But I'm fine if people don't want to do that and want to do all content in one go.

There's absolutely no reason to start a new character, and that destroys all the magic for me. The game says that you are this god at everything. Making a second character is yourself forcing this upon yourself. I dunno, I want game systems to direct gameplay, I don't want to imagine game mechanics that aren't there.

Basically it's hard to explain :p

43. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 15:18 ItBurn

descender wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 15:00:
They worked because the world reacted organically to your character.

Did I miss something in Skyrim where I had more than 1 real choice to make (who to support in the civil war) the entire game?

My biggest gripe with Oblivion/FO3/Skyrim/etc are the lack of necessary and limiting choice. When you can do 95% of all quests in one playthrough, they aren't getting "choice" right at all.

I gotta agree, but disagree.

Skyrim basically never really has any player choice in quests. You're the hero and you do things how they're supposed to be done. Also, you can do every quest, max every skill and become master of every guild. Both these things suck.

In Fallout 3/NV, you have many ways to complete quests. You can pretty much do everything though, but it's definitely not as bad as Skyrim.

Still love both games, but it would be even better if you really had to make choices and specialize. You could replay the game a bunch of times, do the quest lines you had to skip and experiment different builds.

29. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 13:58 ItBurn

Acleacius wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 13:53:
The most amazing trailer, of the most amazing MMO 'RPG' I've ever seen. I've never seen so many, 'REAL' world effecting dialog choices, in a CTF battle trailer.

The affects', just stun me.

I barely understand what you wrote, but I think you're being sarcastic.

Yeah, I saw the trailer, wow, it sucks. It really sucks. It's basically exactly what I want the least about the game.

6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 12:01 ItBurn

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 11:59:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 11:46:
I hate mmos, but I LOOOOOOVE Elder Scrolls. I'll play it, but I expect to grow tired of it very soon.

There's a tragedy here though. They designed a ton of provinces in a very short time. This mean that they'll be very generic. They won't have the absolute love that Morrowind and Skyrim got for example. This means that the next single player Elder Scroll games' creative liberties will be severly limited...

There's already proof of that, let me dig something up.

Edit: Can't find the image, but basically, the lore describes an Elven city as being amazingly bright and alien, but in ESO it looks like a generic brick fort...

You're out of your mind if you really think that. As if Todd Howard is gonna go "well Zenimax already did Elswyr and it looks like X, so that's what we have to make TES VII look like, even though it's shit." No possible way. This is a barely authorized spinoff game forced by a parent company... I would be hard pressed to consider any of it canon.

I'm not saying they will have NO liberty, but it can only affect things in a negative way.

2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 11:46 ItBurn

I hate mmos, but I LOOOOOOVE Elder Scrolls. I'll play it, but I expect to grow tired of it very soon.

There's a tragedy here though. They designed a ton of provinces in a very short time. This mean that they'll be very generic. They won't have the absolute love that Morrowind and Skyrim got for example. This means that the next single player Elder Scroll games' creative liberties will be severly limited...

There's already proof of that, let me dig something up.

Edit: Can't find the image, but basically, the lore describes an Elven city as being amazingly bright and alien, but in ESO it looks like a generic brick fort...

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2013, 11:52.

918 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo