Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1178 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
12. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 11:31 ItBurn

MajorD wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 11:29:
jomisab wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 09:12:
And how are they going to make people want to play WD2 after everyone has experienced GTAV?

Agreed. GTA V is what I hoped Watched Dogs would be. The scope of Watch Dogs was good and the game had a lot of good aspects to it, but it fell short in a lot of ways. And IMO, if they had the option of FPS mode, it would added more depth to the game.

Gta V is the fifth game. Watch Dogs was the first one. I agree about FPS mode. There was fps driving though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Game Bans
18. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 11:29 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 11:19:
I don't mind playing with cheaters, it really doesn't get my blood boiling or anything. Some people get all worked up about it but I could really care less, I'll just go do something else or laugh it off. They want your anger so why give it to them? I don't see a huge need for this either, at least not without oversight from Valve and it doesn't sound like they want to bother.

Cheaters are great practice! It really trains your skills and reflexes, but also the mind game aspect of first person shooters. There's usually two types. The younger guys who just want to piss people off and the more serious ones, sometimes who make hacks themselves. The younger guys are really susceptible to mind games and will get angry themselves if you just stay cool headed. Once they get angry, they're easily manipulated :p For the serious ones, usually they have some kind of "honor" and you can get them to stop causing problems if you stay cool.

News Comments > Steam Game Bans
15. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 11:03 ItBurn

There's not going to be a revolt... Steam will only become even better and more important.

As for banning "cheaters" from servers. As soon as you get any decent amount of skill playing a game, you get banned from everywhere. It's quite annoying. I used to be pretty good in the Farcry 1 days and I got banned so often that I only had one or two servers left and I had to play like an idiot to keep being able to play.

This new Steam feature is just to make devs' lives easier. Everyone used to do this themselves, now devs can save some time.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
8. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 10:54 ItBurn

Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 10:45:
I can't imagine anyone would want this. The first game was fucking horrible all around. It's why it's selling for $3 on all the key websites.

You're completely mad. Awesome game overall.

News Comments > Ultima 8 Free on Origin
10. Re: Ultima 8 Free on Origin Apr 29, 2015, 03:57 ItBurn

Ultima 6 is my favorite ultima of all time, but 8 is my second favorite! The world in 8 is amazing. I love the dark and depressing vibe. The jumping puzzles are a nightmare, but after they released the patch, you could precisely jump right on your mouse cursor, making everything just right.

I actually replayed it like 2 years ago. Still good, but get a walkthrough! Damn we had a lot of free time as kids.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer
7. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 10:03 ItBurn

Couldn't get into the second game because of the 3rd person and the overly complicated controls.  

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
75. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 08:30 ItBurn

Are you guys really trying to define what is art?  

47. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 06:27 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 06:07:
Ok...nevermind. I see Im not getting through here. It's a moot point anyway. This shit is gone, for now.

I understand your point about modders using other modder's stuff. I can't tell how things will play out with that, but I can tell that we'll see a lot more high quality mods, and especially, mods so good we haven't seen anything like it yet.

I think that the main issue is that this is a big change, and change scares people. There was as much backlash when Steam first came out. Think about the positives. Paid mods have the potential of truly revolutionizing PC gaming. Game companies might start supporting modding more, for the extra profit. Maybe we'll see less shitty DLC, and more games that support modding. Consoles won't have this feature either, so it may totally change the industry in favor of PC gaming...

45. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 05:59 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 05:56:
The system doesn't correct itself because there is no system in place! There are no avenues which you can legally take here, this isnt like Greenlight or CS or Team Fortress, where Valve has complete control and final say.

Yes, you complain, they investigate and they correct the problem. They've been doing this exact thing in several instances since the paid mods have been enabled.

edit: I'm not saying it'll be perfect immediately forever, but I think it's issues that will need to be resolved from time to time and that it's ok, it shouldn't be a show stopper. The advantages outweigh the issues.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2015, 06:06.

43. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 05:50 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 05:45:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 05:29:
...but I really haven't seen anything that made the idea of paid mods a bad one.

Here is one. Say you create a mod, a pretty decent one and have released it some time ago. For one reason or another you move on to another game mod, etc. In the meantime someone else comes along and modifys your mod, changing something maybe improving it a little bit and releases that mod under a new name. He then goes on to sell this mod, while you are blissfully unaware that someone stole your WORK!!

Or we can take it in the other direction too. You release a great paid mod and the money starts rolling in. A few weeks later someone else comes along changes a few things around, rebrands it, and releases their own version (under their name) of the same mod and sells it for 50% less, or even gives it away for free!!

See where Im going with this? The mod scene is a thriving community because people help each other out and someone is always improving on another persons work etc. etc. As soon as you introduce money, it turns into a wild west of sorts. It can't work out, not the way Valve Bethesda imagined it would, not without introducing a lot of rules and structure into the process beforehand. In other words, not without completely crushing the free mod scene.

Things like these have been happening for a long time with Greenlight and the gun skins in CS for example. Things are ok! The system corrects itself. I'd rather make money doing what I love and have to file a complaint from time to time.

41. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 05:41 ItBurn

jimnms wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 05:36:
We thought this would result in better mods for everyone, both free & paid. We wanted more great mods becoming great products, like Dota, Counter-strike, DayZ, and Killing Floor, and we wanted that to happen organically for any mod maker who wanted to take a shot at it.

They really don't get it when they say shit like that. Dota, Counter-strike, DayZ, and Killing Floor were all free mods that happened organically. The developers of those mods weren't motivated by money. They made those mods because they wanted to create something they wanted to play that didn't exist. They were rewarded for creating such popular mods with jobs to create full games based on their mods.

I wonder if the tanking reviews for Skyrim had anything to do with it. Skyrim went from 98% positive to 83% and their Metacritic user score went down to 80% within a day after this announcement.

You could absolutely get great mods like these from paid mods. Getting paid doesn't mean you're not creating something you want to play. Don't you think these modders would have rather be their own bosses and own their idea rather than be hired by someone and lose full control?

39. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 05:29 ItBurn

I think that having some mods cost money was a great idea. 25% was too low though. Also, maybe this should have been done on a new game instead. I think we'd be seeing a lot more high quality mods and a lot more people could make a living doing what they love. Not everyone can get into a game company and some people would rather be their own bosses!

What I've seen is all opinions in line with mine be buried by a sea of 13 yr olds and cheapskates that think they deserve everything for free and don't think that hard work deserves remuneration. There were also a few opinions against paid mods that made sense, but I really haven't seen anything that made the idea of paid mods a bad one.

News Comments > DOOM Map Sources & More Released
8. Re: DOOM Map Sources & More Released Apr 26, 2015, 19:49 ItBurn

Oh my god, if you haven't played Brutal Doom, do it now! Stop what you're doing. Play Brutal Doom. It makes Doom a modern game and it provides the best shooting and level design I've seen in years.  

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
8. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 10:44 ItBurn

It looked "professional" enough, but I'm totally uninterested. The trailer pretty much screams: generic third person game is generic.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
32. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 13:16 ItBurn

descender wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 10:56:
This is a third person game heavily based on character physics.

I think you misspelled "pre-canned animations" but yeah... the clunkyness of motion in the first person camera is because it isn't changing the way your character moves around in the world at all, it literally just zooms the camera all the way in to his head.

They don't even hide the player model... possibly the laziest FirstPerson Camera mod ever.

Don't get me wrong... it's real cool once you fix the FOV but I'd still never be able to play the whole game this way, too many things seem pre-baked with the third-person camera view in mind. Seems more of a gimmick than anything else.

Yeah, no, animations aren't all precanned. There's a ton of physics based animations. No game has pushed these as far as GTA V...

I also don't think it's lazy... I think it's the only way to do it for this game... If you want to keep the gameplay intact.

27. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 06:57 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 06:51:
No on is complaining about the view, we are talking about input lag.

Well now I feel dumb

25. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 05:59 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 04:40:
Slick wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 04:09:

go play counterstrike, then come back to GTA V. it's like the controls are drunk, but i'm just angry.

Yeah, if youre used to a typical FPS PC game responsivness it really is a pain. Its really not that bad, once you get used to it you hardly notice it, but for us oldschool FPS guys it is annoying as fuck.

Of course the FPS controls are bad. This is a third person game heavily based on character physics. No FPS-only game does these character physics because you simply can't see them and it looks weird when you fall over or move. The FPS view in GTA is more like a novel way of seeing the world temporarily. It's so well integrated though that I play the game entirely in first person for everything. The FPS view in GTA V should be celebrated, not complained about(well, complaining can be good, but you know what I mean).

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
40. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 18:17 ItBurn

Slick wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 18:08:
LOL

I agree that Crysis looks better if you look at a small space of game world, but GTA is a huge open world with a LOT more interactivity and detail than Crysis. Like I said, there's just no game with this amount of detail. And yeah controls are bad, but that doesn't offset enough the quality of the simulation offered here. It's way beyond any older PC game.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 16:23 ItBurn

I'm playing the game at close to max and I must say it looks amazing. No game has as much detail as this, even Skyrim. I think Watch Dogs looks better though.  

News Comments > POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost DLC Released
8. Re: POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost DLC Released Apr 18, 2015, 06:11 ItBurn

Postal 2 is one of the best shooters I ever played... Open world, freeform, tons of interactivity, funny, one of the first shooters to have a real physics engine, fire physics, etc...

Is the expansion really worth it though? It looked more action oriented rather than exploration oriented like the original.

1178 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo