Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 940 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Feb 23, 2014, 14:54 ItBurn

nin wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 12:25:
Sleeping Dogs for $5 is a hell of a deal. Sadly, none of the DLC is on sale, but it's in no way required to enjoy the game.

Great game. I would say: Don't get the DLC! It totally unbalances the game and breaks the progression. Well you can get the story one, but I didn't care much for it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
22. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 15:36 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 15:01:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 13:53:
Why are you guys being so nice? Take the article, switch "Pillars of Eternity" to "Star Citizen" and watch the flames.

Right, because Pillars is still adding stretch goals and bringing in money and adding entire teams etc etc etc. It's TOTALLY the same thing!

You're right, it's different, but there was an article a month or two ago about the SC dogfighting module being delayed because of the same exact reason: cash, and people went batshit.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
14. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 13:53 ItBurn

Why are you guys being so nice? Take the article, switch "Pillars of Eternity" to "Star Citizen" and watch the flames.  

News Comments > Ethan: Meteor Hunter and Demo Released
1. Re: Ethan: Meteor Hunter and Demo Released Feb 7, 2014, 20:32 ItBurn

Last time I heard about these guys, they were complaining about sales, which is understandable. I guess they're thinking that a demo will help that, but I don't think demos actually help sales. I think they do nothing or make you lose sales. It's a shitty thing to say as a player, but as a dev, it makes sense. If people like your game after reading about it, seeing media and watching lets plays, they'll pay for it. Giving them a demo gives them a chance to not like the game, or even be satisfied with the demo alone.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
87. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 20:00 ItBurn

It looks like a crappier version of Dishonored. I mean, I'm definitely interested, but yeah.  

News Comments > Jetpack 2 Beta & Trailer
1. Re: Jetpack 2 Beta & Trailer Feb 4, 2014, 19:57 ItBurn

Loved the original as a kid. Would buy this for 5$.  

News Comments > Limit Theory Video
12. Re: Limit Theory Video Feb 3, 2014, 18:35 ItBurn

I'm a sucker for space sims, so I really like this, but I can't tell right now if this will ever be finished. 50/50  

News Comments > Take Two Financials - GTA5 Sells > 32M
8. Re: Take Two Financials - GTA5 Sells > $32M Feb 3, 2014, 18:33 ItBurn

PC  

News Comments > PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales
21. Re: PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales Feb 2, 2014, 16:29 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 16:22:
@Itburn.

What are some good mods?

MadPack - Super tough, but awesome if you're very experienced.
FTB - Direwolf 20 is nice. FTB unleashed too, but it has too many new minerals. These two modpacks are not too difficult and are great if you want to learn the new technologies that you can craft.
Technic - World generation not too different from vanilla minecraft, but has the great technology mods.

Basically, these are launchers. There are several mod packages that you can get from them. You have to choose just one of them. To learn to craft the new stuff, you'll have to spend a lot of time on wikis and youtube, but it's worth it, you can make amazing things.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2014, 16:45.

19. Re: PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales Feb 2, 2014, 16:14 ItBurn

jimnms wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 15:11:
I bought Minecraft while it was in Beta, and I've grown tired of it. I'm not bored with it, I'm just tired of starting over after each patch. I know you don't have to start over, but they keep adding new features to the world, which is awesome that they're still adding content, but you can't get in an existing game unless you travel out past land that has already been generated.

As with most games, it's best played with friends. I played it with a couple of friends when I first got it. We played the hell out of it up until the last beta update before 1.0. That was when they rewrote the world generator and added a lot of new things. We had build a lot of cool stuff and had a rail system running between all of our buildings and mine sites. It was cool, but when this new version came out we decided to start over so we could play with the new stuff. After a few days we quit playing together. I was kind of excited to start fresh, but we did miss our old world. I think it was a combination of missing the old world and everything we built, the idea of having to do it all again from scratch and starting in a crappy swamp biome, the others decided to call it quits. I continued to play alone for a while.

Once 1.0 or so came out, I played a survival game with the goal of going to the End World and killing the Ender Dragon. That wasn't that hard, and I don't see the need to do it again. I started a few solo games with the intent on playing survival and building stuff, but then each time they add some new feature, I'd want to start over so I could have that in my world. Eventually I just got tired of starting over, so now I'm waiting for things to settle down before I go back to it.

I haven't played vanilla Minecraft in... like a year. They BARELY update the game. Mojang is doing a TERRIBLE job updating the game. Modders are doing all of the work. Trust me, play with mods, it's the only way. There are mod packs with their own launchers that auto-download everything and set themselves up for you.

2. Re: PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales Feb 2, 2014, 12:06 ItBurn

It does rule. I'm still playing it TODAY. There are absolutely insane mods that add so much replayability. We're playing the "MadPack". The amount of content is insane and it's super hard. It's for expert players who know how to build the best stuff. And the world contains insane stuff to find and loot.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Announcement This Month?
10. Re: Duke Nukem Announcement This Month? Feb 1, 2014, 15:17 ItBurn

I actually liked DNF. I mean, I didn't expect it to be anything more than it was going to be, and I was pleasantly surprised. It has more interactivity that almost every FPS game, and it was just fun. Wasn't perfect for sure. I want more Duke. Not sure about Interceptor's ability to deliver a quality game though. Rott was a faithful remake, but it was kinda amateurish and unpolished.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 20, 2014, 20:53 ItBurn

Spec Ops is an immense turd if anyone is on the fence.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Free Weekend
3. Re: Saints Row IV Free Weekend Jan 16, 2014, 19:38 ItBurn

Funnest game of 2013.  

News Comments > Starbound Sells 1M
12. Re: Starbound Sells 1M Jan 7, 2014, 15:09 ItBurn

From you guys' comments, it seems that you haven't played Terraria... Starbound is Terraria. Terraria is awesome, so it's a good thing.  

10. Re: Starbound Sells 1M Jan 7, 2014, 14:55 ItBurn

Fantaz wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 14:43:
i want to play this game now. didn't even know it was out yet.

It's early access. Not finished yet.

3. Re: Starbound Sells 1M Jan 7, 2014, 10:53 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 10:13:
Going to wait until its feature complete and polished to get seriously into it but glad they're doing well.

Yeah, I really want to play, but I'll wait for the finished version...

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 14:31 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 14:00:
The new Rise of the Triad is on sale FOR THREE DOLLARS for the next 7 hours. You'll not find a better deal today methinks.

Flamethrower

About the new RotT, after playing the Shadow Warrior remake, rott feels like a turd I mean the rott remake is more faithful, but damn it feels unpolished and kinda broken. I played an hour or two, died a bunch of times and had to restart entire damn levels(it felt) and painstakingly find every secret, AGAIN, and just gave up forever. I'm probably going to give it another go later.
Shadow Warrior on the other hand is almost nothing like the original, but it's an actual fun game... With better level design it would have been the perfect remake.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 16:21 ItBurn

Realms of Chaos and Volgar on GOG. Bought!
I loved Realms of Chaos when I was a kid. It was super hard, but that's what was fun about it: mastering it. It really didn't do anything special, but the gameplay was satisfying and the controls were tight. I only had the demo though... Finished it on hard while finding everything with both characters.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $35 Million
27. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 23, 2013, 14:57 ItBurn

harlock wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 14:50:
BadIronTree wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 13:35:
Please read this before you start whining for no good reason ...
Forum Link
i hate it when people judge after a quick look...

yeh but how old are you? because the level of defensiveness on the part of apologists for this is just about hilarious.. crusading forth to defend the honor of this virtuous funding model and so forth - i mean, that kind of oversensitive "HATERS GONNA HATE YALL!!!!" type rhetoric is really common everywhere but in this particular case - yeh, its fucking funny as hell

but whatever, carry on

I've personally seen regular defensiveness, but out of the ordinary amounts of unfounded hate.

ElectricTurtle wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 14:47:
It's really sad that the one time a company goes out of its way to be transparent about development the gamer community shits all over everything like each build should be the finished game. This is what development looks like people... no wonder most companies keep things closed except for a few manicured screenshots and clips.

^^ this.

940 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo