Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 858 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million
49. Re: Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million Nov 26, 2013, 15:32 ItBurn

Parias wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 15:27:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 15:19:
What? Freelancer is the best space sim I ever played. Especially because of the great controls and the amount of things to do. The execution was top notch and it all worked flawlessly in coop.

I'd argue against it being a good space "sim", because it literally was a point and click kill-kill-kill experience (complete with health potions).

You say you haven't tried Starlancer or Freespace? Try them. I won't contest that Freelancer was a fun action game (I got a lot of enjoyment out of it too), but it's a bit of a different genre from what's really a "sim".

Yeah, it's not really a sim. I may like Starlancer, but I really doubt I'd like Freespace. What I like is the open world rpg aspect of these games... A set of linear missions doesn't seem fun to me. I did like a couple of them, like X-wing. I can't remember the name of my favorite one... It was futuristic, but it all happened on a planet's surface. The physics were amazing...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million Nov 26, 2013, 15:19 ItBurn

What? Freelancer is the best space sim I ever played. Especially because of the great controls and the amount of things to do. The execution was top notch and it all worked flawlessly in coop.

I haven't played Starlancer or Freespace, but one thing's for certain, Freelancer was amazing.

31. Re: Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million Nov 26, 2013, 13:34 ItBurn

The only thing surprising here is that people keep complaining about this game with the same arguments for every single extra million Star Citizen makes :p  

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $29M
2. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $29M Nov 23, 2013, 12:30 ItBurn

Beelzebud wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 12:26:
I simply don't see how this thing is still raking in millions per week.

Me neither. I think it's some form of money laundering. The money comes from *donations*...

News Comments > Fallout 4(?) "Nuclear Winter" Teased
29. Re: Fallout 4(?) Nov 22, 2013, 18:35 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 18:09:
El Pit wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 17:52:
Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 13:16:
El Pit wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 12:56:
Nuclear Winter? Okay, who of you guys decided to blow up Megaton in Fallout 3? THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!!

Hey man, the dude paid me a thousand bottle caps to nuclearly obliterate all those people! A THOUSAND!

Haven't you learned anything from the war that never changes? You obliterate a whole village and a dozen villagers for 1,000 bottle caps?

You disgust me.

Because you should have asked for at least 1,500 bcaps.

I just killed the guy who paid me instead, and took his entire tower as my own. I figured that was sufficient payment.

I blew up megathon, then ended up killing everyone in the tower, and also in Rivet city, and then I got really lonely...

News Comments > RAGE Free Weekend
38. Re: RAGE Free Weekend Nov 22, 2013, 11:26 ItBurn

Forgot about this gem: Farcry vs Rage  

News Comments > RAGE Free Weekend
35. Re: RAGE Free Weekend Nov 22, 2013, 10:30 ItBurn

Rage was... boring. Enemies are bullet sponges. You can do 10 headshots on a guy and he's still living. It appears like an open-ended game, but it's just a linear corridor shooter, and I mean LINEAR! Invisible walls EVERYWHERE. Plus everything and bland and looks washed out, in a bad way. Worse texture detail I've seen since Duke Nukem 3D. I tried really hard to like it. I played 10 hours, but then gave up because it just wasn't getting any better.

All taken at max details:
Rage's amazing world textures and grass
lol
lol2

News Comments > Black Mesa Goes Commercial
33. Re: Black Mesa Goes Commercial Nov 20, 2013, 16:59 ItBurn

Wow, so many negative comments about this "remake". It's amazing work. Incredibly faithful to the original, but just better. I wasn't aware that they shortened sections, but I can't see this as a bad thing because I found the remake kinda long already...

If I was going to tell someone to play Half-Life for the first time, this is what I'd give him. The old game just doesn't hold up to our modern sensibilities.

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
41. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 15:05 ItBurn

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 14:52:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 14:25:
What? These features don't, in any way, turn the game into a tech demo. Far cry 2 and 3 are tech demos? I had a LOT more fun with Crysis 1 than Crysis 2. Crysis 2 is a COD clone. Crysis 1 is the evolution of Farcry 1. The reason it's less fun is debatable, but I think it's because they tried to go the more serious route.
The problem with Crysis is that it had weak gameplay, a terrible narrative and was very poorly optimised. By the time people were able to play it at high settings there were games with much better gameplay, graphics and optimisation - Far Cry 2 being an obvious example. I can certainly understand why people refer to Crysis as a tech demo. Crysis 2 had a much better narrative, pace and optimisation - it was the better game, even if it went a bit too linear.

Crysis 1 is still one of the best looking games out there in my opinion, if you consider that it's open world. Compare it to any other open world shooter released to date and it looks better. I also disagree that Crysis 2 was the better game. I had more fun with the first. But whatever, that's just me.

38. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 14:25 ItBurn

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 14:18:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 14:06:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 12:22:
JayDeath wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 12:14:
Yeah but creating a game that only super high end systems can handle won't help to sell it. Did these devs forget about the 'Crysis' debacle?

Crysis was a glorified tech demo. It wasn't much of a game. That's why it didn't sell.

But it did help drive the industry to a higher technical level. For that, we can be thankful.

Crysis a tech demo? It sure had a lot of tech, but it was a deeper game than 99% of all the games! Complexd AI, destructible buildings and trees that affect gameplay, huge open world levels, tons of customization, missions that could be solved "how you liked". The game wasn't all that fun, but it was a genuine attempt at making a deep game, not a tech demo.

All of those things you just described are exactly what adds up to a tech demo, not a game. They wanted to show what they could do in order to sell their new engine. Crysis 2 was a better attempt at a "game."

What? These features don't, in any way, turn the game into a tech demo. Far cry 2 and 3 are tech demos? I had a LOT more fun with Crysis 1 than Crysis 2. Crysis 2 is a COD clone. Crysis 1 is the evolution of Farcry 1. The reason it's less fun is debatable, but I think it's because they tried to go the more serious route.

36. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 14:06 ItBurn

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 12:22:
JayDeath wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 12:14:
Yeah but creating a game that only super high end systems can handle won't help to sell it. Did these devs forget about the 'Crysis' debacle?

Crysis was a glorified tech demo. It wasn't much of a game. That's why it didn't sell.

But it did help drive the industry to a higher technical level. For that, we can be thankful.

Crysis a tech demo? It sure had a lot of tech, but it was a deeper game than 99% of all the games! Complexd AI, destructible buildings and trees that affect gameplay, huge open world levels, tons of customization, missions that could be solved "how you liked". The game wasn't all that fun, but it was a genuine attempt at making a deep game, not a tech demo.

News Comments > X Rebirth Launch Trailer
24. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 18:17 ItBurn

Ceribaen wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 18:12:
Taskeen wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 17:41:
1badmf wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 10:13:
so this is just like, single player star citizen right? no real story, just a sandbox starmap to play around in? i tried playing one of the previous games, but then it struck me - there's no satisfaction in dominating the AI. so i just never touched it again. same reason i never play bots in fps games. even beating a dumb human is more satisfying than beating AI because there's that element of unpredictability.

Depends I played X3 with mods that made enemy AI pretty difficult. I was always wary of starting fights I knew I wouldn't win. Aligning yourself with the pirate faction, for example, made for a very difficult gameplay experience if you were really hardcore.

I also just liked exploring in the X3 games, there were over a 100 sectors to explore and see. Some had traps, ambushes, some even had derelict ships you could salvage, others just had beautiful space scenery to look at.

So like, Elder Scrolls in space?

Maybe this new game is like that, but I highly doubt it! The original games had NO real exploration. All sectors looked and played the same, they just had stations selling different goods... (I'm generalizing, but it's basically the truth)

7. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 10:12 ItBurn

It's definitely not the game that I *want*, but it may be fun. What I want is Freelancer-style exploration (or better), but the X games never had that.  

5. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 10:09 ItBurn

JayDeath wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 09:31:
I'm so pissed I missed the gamefly 20% off code offer. I would have bought it with the discount. Shit.

GreenManGaming will probably have a 20-25% off code. By probably I mean, they will have one.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced
1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced Nov 12, 2013, 11:40 ItBurn

Monolith aren't what they once were...  

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access
9. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Nov 7, 2013, 00:12 ItBurn

Definitely looking forward to this one. I love the physics, but I refuse to do the early access thing... From what I read, the game is far from done too. Will wait for the final version.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Free DLC
28. Re: Saints Row IV Free DLC Nov 6, 2013, 17:01 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 16:44:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 15:49:
Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 15:47:
I didn't mind being given a jet and a tank. I minded being given the first two or three of the five "make cash" upgrades. And several crew upgrades. I would have enjoyed unlocking those for myself.

I know it's silly to take SR3's story seriously, but you're thrown into a completely new town where you're the target of the existing gangs, and yet somehow, with my 'cheated' version, I already had recruited gang members and had extortion money ready waiting for me.

It was a stupid cheat, and sadly because of the way Steam integrates DLC, I can never, ever turn it off.

I had the same problem with Sleeping Dogs. After like 5 hours, I had unlocked EVERYTHING. Made almost everything a useless grind. Still loved the game though.

Dang, really? I really struggled to completely unlock the Triad meter. I had to lay waste to ~ 250 monks a few times to get those points up. But like Prez said, the missions (and story) were so awesome in Sleeping Dogs that I didn't really care.

Well with the DLC I had, my XP raised extremely fast, so I absolutely didn't need to do any kind of side activity.

So you guys think that the story was that great? It was FINE, but seriously, it was extremely disjointed. Sometimes nonsensical. You met new characters and they had absolutely no introduction and the hero seemed to know them closely... It ended up making some sense, but it's lightyears behind the storytelling of the GTAs or even SR4. SR3's story was even worse though.

23. Re: Saints Row IV Free DLC Nov 6, 2013, 15:49 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 15:47:
I didn't mind being given a jet and a tank. I minded being given the first two or three of the five "make cash" upgrades. And several crew upgrades. I would have enjoyed unlocking those for myself.

I know it's silly to take SR3's story seriously, but you're thrown into a completely new town where you're the target of the existing gangs, and yet somehow, with my 'cheated' version, I already had recruited gang members and had extortion money ready waiting for me.

It was a stupid cheat, and sadly because of the way Steam integrates DLC, I can never, ever turn it off.

I had the same problem with Sleeping Dogs. After like 5 hours, I had unlocked EVERYTHING. Made almost everything a useless grind. Still loved the game though.

17. Re: Saints Row IV Free DLC Nov 6, 2013, 09:41 ItBurn

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 03:28:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 00:05:
The Saint's Row DLC SUCKS. Unbalances the game. Borderline useless. But the game is amazing. Give them your money (for the full game, not the dlc).

Hahah... saints row, balanced, in the same sentence. You're too funny. Saints row is basically a game that gives you cheats you can purchase in game. It's just a game where you mess around. Anyone going into saints expecting 'serious videogame challenge' just doesn't get what saints is about.

The progression system, even if it makes you a god, is part of the fun. If you mess with it, it destroys a significant part of the fun. I'm not talking about some guns being better than others...

10. Re: Saints Row IV Free DLC Nov 6, 2013, 00:05 ItBurn

The Saint's Row DLC SUCKS. Unbalances the game. Borderline useless. But the game is amazing. Give them your money (for the full game, not the dlc).  

858 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo