Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 909 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Demo
19. Re: Shadow Warrior Demo Mar 27, 2014, 23:06 ItBurn

Great shooter and solid in every respect, but yeah, the level design could have been much better if they kept it to the style of the original game. Now it's dangerously close to a corridor shooter. It feels like it's just a collection of monster rooms. I wish they'd do a Blood remake.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
28. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 27, 2014, 23:04 ItBurn

Dead Space is probably the worst PC port I've ever played. It's basically unplayable, looks like crap and is just a consolized mess. I gave up after an hour. And I LOVE horror games.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Betrayer
21. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Betrayer Mar 24, 2014, 22:32 ItBurn

Ouch, early reviews average at 40. Quite sad.

I think it may be because of the FORCED black and white graphics. There's absolutely no way of changing that. :p

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD This Month
6. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD This Month Mar 13, 2014, 23:44 ItBurn

I looooooove the 2D castlevanias. 3D castlevanias represent what I hate about modern gaming. This one seems definitely more of a 3D incarnation and has gotten mediocre reviews. Why make all these shitty games when the 2D metroidvanias are so awesome and loved?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 13, 2014, 20:04 ItBurn

The guy is playing with a gamepad. What is this site called, PC gamer? The hell...  

News Comments > Interceptor Sees Blood?
8. Re: Interceptor Sees Blood? Mar 8, 2014, 13:22 ItBurn

Blood is my favorite game ever.

The shadow warrior remake by Devolver was amazing. It wasn't that faithful to the original, but the game was just solid and fun. I completed it in a couple of days.

The rise of the triad remake by Interceptor felt like an indie game. Unpolished and buggy. It was very faithful to the original though. I completely lost interest in like the second level.

I think I'd rather have Blood in the hands of Devolver Digital.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Announced
9. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Announced Mar 6, 2014, 21:52 ItBurn

Yeah, also wondering about this... Is Blue a huge COD fan? Because I don't feel like the site is. Maybe it gets more views than I think?  

News Comments > Interceptor Entertainment Acquires Apogee /3D Realms
3. Re: Interceptor Entertainment Acquires Apogee Software/3D Realms Mar 2, 2014, 13:28 ItBurn

Did Rise of the Triad sell that well?? I much preferred the Shadow Warrior remake.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Next Month?
13. Re: Dark Souls II PC Next Month? Mar 2, 2014, 01:43 ItBurn

I may buy it if it's a great port. I still haven't bought the first one. I encourage developers who release good PC versions, not those who release shitty ones. It's not like I have a lack of great games to play.  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Feb 23, 2014, 14:54 ItBurn

nin wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 12:25:
Sleeping Dogs for $5 is a hell of a deal. Sadly, none of the DLC is on sale, but it's in no way required to enjoy the game.

Great game. I would say: Don't get the DLC! It totally unbalances the game and breaks the progression. Well you can get the story one, but I didn't care much for it.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
22. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 15:36 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 15:01:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 13:53:
Why are you guys being so nice? Take the article, switch "Pillars of Eternity" to "Star Citizen" and watch the flames.

Right, because Pillars is still adding stretch goals and bringing in money and adding entire teams etc etc etc. It's TOTALLY the same thing!

You're right, it's different, but there was an article a month or two ago about the SC dogfighting module being delayed because of the same exact reason: cash, and people went batshit.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
14. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 13:53 ItBurn

Why are you guys being so nice? Take the article, switch "Pillars of Eternity" to "Star Citizen" and watch the flames.  

News Comments > Ethan: Meteor Hunter and Demo Released
1. Re: Ethan: Meteor Hunter and Demo Released Feb 7, 2014, 20:32 ItBurn

Last time I heard about these guys, they were complaining about sales, which is understandable. I guess they're thinking that a demo will help that, but I don't think demos actually help sales. I think they do nothing or make you lose sales. It's a shitty thing to say as a player, but as a dev, it makes sense. If people like your game after reading about it, seeing media and watching lets plays, they'll pay for it. Giving them a demo gives them a chance to not like the game, or even be satisfied with the demo alone.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
87. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 20:00 ItBurn

It looks like a crappier version of Dishonored. I mean, I'm definitely interested, but yeah.  

News Comments > Jetpack 2 Beta & Trailer
1. Re: Jetpack 2 Beta & Trailer Feb 4, 2014, 19:57 ItBurn

Loved the original as a kid. Would buy this for 5$.  

News Comments > Limit Theory Video
12. Re: Limit Theory Video Feb 3, 2014, 18:35 ItBurn

I'm a sucker for space sims, so I really like this, but I can't tell right now if this will ever be finished. 50/50  

News Comments > Take Two Financials - GTA5 Sells > 32M
8. Re: Take Two Financials - GTA5 Sells > $32M Feb 3, 2014, 18:33 ItBurn

PC  

News Comments > PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales
21. Re: PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales Feb 2, 2014, 16:29 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 16:22:
@Itburn.

What are some good mods?

MadPack - Super tough, but awesome if you're very experienced.
FTB - Direwolf 20 is nice. FTB unleashed too, but it has too many new minerals. These two modpacks are not too difficult and are great if you want to learn the new technologies that you can craft.
Technic - World generation not too different from vanilla minecraft, but has the great technology mods.

Basically, these are launchers. There are several mod packages that you can get from them. You have to choose just one of them. To learn to craft the new stuff, you'll have to spend a lot of time on wikis and youtube, but it's worth it, you can make amazing things.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2014, 16:45.

19. Re: PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales Feb 2, 2014, 16:14 ItBurn

jimnms wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 15:11:
I bought Minecraft while it was in Beta, and I've grown tired of it. I'm not bored with it, I'm just tired of starting over after each patch. I know you don't have to start over, but they keep adding new features to the world, which is awesome that they're still adding content, but you can't get in an existing game unless you travel out past land that has already been generated.

As with most games, it's best played with friends. I played it with a couple of friends when I first got it. We played the hell out of it up until the last beta update before 1.0. That was when they rewrote the world generator and added a lot of new things. We had build a lot of cool stuff and had a rail system running between all of our buildings and mine sites. It was cool, but when this new version came out we decided to start over so we could play with the new stuff. After a few days we quit playing together. I was kind of excited to start fresh, but we did miss our old world. I think it was a combination of missing the old world and everything we built, the idea of having to do it all again from scratch and starting in a crappy swamp biome, the others decided to call it quits. I continued to play alone for a while.

Once 1.0 or so came out, I played a survival game with the goal of going to the End World and killing the Ender Dragon. That wasn't that hard, and I don't see the need to do it again. I started a few solo games with the intent on playing survival and building stuff, but then each time they add some new feature, I'd want to start over so I could have that in my world. Eventually I just got tired of starting over, so now I'm waiting for things to settle down before I go back to it.

I haven't played vanilla Minecraft in... like a year. They BARELY update the game. Mojang is doing a TERRIBLE job updating the game. Modders are doing all of the work. Trust me, play with mods, it's the only way. There are mod packs with their own launchers that auto-download everything and set themselves up for you.

2. Re: PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales Feb 2, 2014, 12:06 ItBurn

It does rule. I'm still playing it TODAY. There are absolutely insane mods that add so much replayability. We're playing the "MadPack". The amount of content is insane and it's super hard. It's for expert players who know how to build the best stuff. And the world contains insane stuff to find and loot.  

909 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo