Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 916 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
52. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 21:48 ItBurn

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 21:22:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 20:28:
Meanwhile, the game looks like it was made in 1999 with a second rate engine....

I'm sure you're exaggerating, but you reminded me how much fun I had in 1999 playing Xwing Alliance and Freespace 2. I wonder how many more times I'll dust those off and play through them before this releases.

Wow I missed that comment by reagle. That guy has been the most hateful of everyone on this site and he always copy pastes his bs post in every single topic about SC. The graphics in this demo were probably the best I've seen since Crysis or Witcher 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 21:19 ItBurn

Prez wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 21:17:
LOL The best part of this is the crowd reactions.

I thought so too! I love games, so I may be skirting dangerously close to being the guy in the proverbial glass house, but how much of a loser do you have to be to cheer in gleeful anticipation of a helmet animation?

I don't know, it was pretty damn badass :p

39. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 20:46 ItBurn

I thought that this looked incredibly good.

As for Elite, I think that the fact that they're already going into Beta is an alarm in itself. There's no way the game can be nearly close to being feature complete. Not if it's a game I would be interested in anyway.

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen
57. Re: Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 23:29 ItBurn

Huuuge monthly report for Star Citizen just came out: March 2014 report  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
33. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Mar 31, 2014, 21:47 ItBurn

The Pyro wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 21:42:
For comparison, the budget for Skyrim was $85 million. This ain't there yet. But personally I think it's crazy for the general public to dump so much money into an unproven product. I've seen lots of well-intentioned developers fail to deliver over the years.

The thing is that the average is about a hundred bucks per person. Now most pledges are probably much lower because of the few really high ones. It's a lot of people contributing a little and it adds to a lot. The "general public" isn't a single entity, it's just a lot of people that all want the same thing.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Mar 30, 2014, 04:50 ItBurn

Fantaz wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 03:43:
it's so horribly outdated, and i don't think i could go back to playing Undying by today's standards... it would be too painful for me to endure those 90s graphics.
I replayed it not too long ago and still found the atmosphere somewhat intact. But I guess my opinion must be skewed by my memories.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 30, 2014, 01:02 ItBurn

Undying is awesome. The atmosphere and the variety/originality are great. One of the scariest games I've played.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Demo
19. Re: Shadow Warrior Demo Mar 27, 2014, 23:06 ItBurn

Great shooter and solid in every respect, but yeah, the level design could have been much better if they kept it to the style of the original game. Now it's dangerously close to a corridor shooter. It feels like it's just a collection of monster rooms. I wish they'd do a Blood remake.  

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
28. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 27, 2014, 23:04 ItBurn

Dead Space is probably the worst PC port I've ever played. It's basically unplayable, looks like crap and is just a consolized mess. I gave up after an hour. And I LOVE horror games.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Betrayer
21. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Betrayer Mar 24, 2014, 22:32 ItBurn

Ouch, early reviews average at 40. Quite sad.

I think it may be because of the FORCED black and white graphics. There's absolutely no way of changing that. :p

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD This Month
6. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD This Month Mar 13, 2014, 23:44 ItBurn

I looooooove the 2D castlevanias. 3D castlevanias represent what I hate about modern gaming. This one seems definitely more of a 3D incarnation and has gotten mediocre reviews. Why make all these shitty games when the 2D metroidvanias are so awesome and loved?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 13, 2014, 20:04 ItBurn

The guy is playing with a gamepad. What is this site called, PC gamer? The hell...  

News Comments > Interceptor Sees Blood?
8. Re: Interceptor Sees Blood? Mar 8, 2014, 13:22 ItBurn

Blood is my favorite game ever.

The shadow warrior remake by Devolver was amazing. It wasn't that faithful to the original, but the game was just solid and fun. I completed it in a couple of days.

The rise of the triad remake by Interceptor felt like an indie game. Unpolished and buggy. It was very faithful to the original though. I completely lost interest in like the second level.

I think I'd rather have Blood in the hands of Devolver Digital.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Announced
9. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Announced Mar 6, 2014, 21:52 ItBurn

Yeah, also wondering about this... Is Blue a huge COD fan? Because I don't feel like the site is. Maybe it gets more views than I think?  

News Comments > Interceptor Entertainment Acquires Apogee /3D Realms
3. Re: Interceptor Entertainment Acquires Apogee Software/3D Realms Mar 2, 2014, 13:28 ItBurn

Did Rise of the Triad sell that well?? I much preferred the Shadow Warrior remake.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Next Month?
13. Re: Dark Souls II PC Next Month? Mar 2, 2014, 01:43 ItBurn

I may buy it if it's a great port. I still haven't bought the first one. I encourage developers who release good PC versions, not those who release shitty ones. It's not like I have a lack of great games to play.  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Feb 23, 2014, 14:54 ItBurn

nin wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 12:25:
Sleeping Dogs for $5 is a hell of a deal. Sadly, none of the DLC is on sale, but it's in no way required to enjoy the game.

Great game. I would say: Don't get the DLC! It totally unbalances the game and breaks the progression. Well you can get the story one, but I didn't care much for it.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
22. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 15:36 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 15:01:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 13:53:
Why are you guys being so nice? Take the article, switch "Pillars of Eternity" to "Star Citizen" and watch the flames.

Right, because Pillars is still adding stretch goals and bringing in money and adding entire teams etc etc etc. It's TOTALLY the same thing!

You're right, it's different, but there was an article a month or two ago about the SC dogfighting module being delayed because of the same exact reason: cash, and people went batshit.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
14. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 13:53 ItBurn

Why are you guys being so nice? Take the article, switch "Pillars of Eternity" to "Star Citizen" and watch the flames.  

News Comments > Ethan: Meteor Hunter and Demo Released
1. Re: Ethan: Meteor Hunter and Demo Released Feb 7, 2014, 20:32 ItBurn

Last time I heard about these guys, they were complaining about sales, which is understandable. I guess they're thinking that a demo will help that, but I don't think demos actually help sales. I think they do nothing or make you lose sales. It's a shitty thing to say as a player, but as a dev, it makes sense. If people like your game after reading about it, seeing media and watching lets plays, they'll pay for it. Giving them a demo gives them a chance to not like the game, or even be satisfied with the demo alone.  

916 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo