Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1192 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released
16. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 1, 2015, 21:49 ItBurn

Drayth wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 20:50:
Cliffsnotes.

Wow that made no sense. Sounds made up by a 5 year old.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released
1. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 1, 2015, 18:00 ItBurn

The game is 75 canadian... Even more than Fallout 4... That's a little too much.  

News Comments > Torchlight Burns Out Runic
25. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 1, 2015, 17:56 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 17:52:
Axis wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 15:53:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 13:52:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 13:42:
I would love a 3/4 perspective sci fi ARPG. The only ones that really come to mind over the last 20 years are Space Seige and the Crusader series. Wish Runic had done something like that.

It would be very cool to have things like a crap ton of weapons, teleporters, force fields, enemy robots, mutants, xenomorphs, ship levels, planet levels, space levels, etc. etc. There's so much room for variety.

Is there one out there I'm missing?

Hellgate is just like that, but it's first person and third person. I've said this a million times here, but it's my favorite ARPG of all time and it has a much better system than D3 in my opinion. Well, it's not exactly like you say. It's not in space... But it's definitely futuristic.

Hellgate Global being the only persistent FPS ARPG (after all the changes/booing) made it appealing right away to me, but it was a solid fun game. I hopped on it occasionally all the way up to the last couple years.

One thing I've been hornblowing about for years getting a properly done FPS ARPG. Borderlands could take that to the bank in western markets, but they're going Asian, so who knows.

I was hoping for a 3/4 perspective sci-fi ARPG.

For a sci fi FPS ARPG, there are the three Borderlands games, which I love very much.

I love borderlands too, but the ARPG mechanics are waaaaaaay too simple. Hellgate was a serious ARPG and Borderlands definitely doesn't scratch my ARPG itch. Borderlands is just a great coop game.

News Comments > Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam
59. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 17:50 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 17:44:
Quboid wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 17:11:
Do they call us thieves? I've never seen that.

Do you pay $65 CAD for an AAA game when the CAD is strong and $65 when it's weak? If so, then you're not the one being affected by the currency's strength.

No. Regular price is $60 for a AAA game. Dollar has been slipping in the last year, so yes the prices have adjusted. I wouldn't call this a AAA game though. There is no consistency in pricing. MGS is $75. Blops3 is $80. That's not really what I was pointing out though. I was pointing out that it was $60 in a region where the dollar is weaker, while being more expensive in a region the dollar is stronger. It doesn't make logical sense.

And yes they call people thieves for using third party sites to get cheaper games. Several companies have taken away games from customers that purchased on sites like G2A claiming they weren't legit keys. Or how about CDPR initially squabbling with GMG over selling Witcher 2 claiming they weren't selling valid keys.

The way I see it, buying games from G2A is legal, but a d*ck move and a terrible idea. You're giving less money to the developer than he should be getting. Less money than the official value of their game. The reason why the game is so cheap in countries like Russia, is that Russians couldn't buy the game otherwise. If they'd have to pay in US dollars, games would probably cost more than the price of a console for them. So essentially, game devs are making the game available to them at a low price because low price is better than no sale. If you hate a developer and you want him to go under, then I guess that buying a G2A key is ok, but it would be better to just NOT buy the game... If you like the developer and the game, then it would be better to pay close to full price and support them and their future games.

47. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 16:43 ItBurn

Kxmode wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 16:23:
Krovven wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 16:17:
Grokk wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 11:32:
Mad Max is listed at $59.99 USD on steam for me (AU). Is it the same price for the US?

That's all? In CDN it's $66.49. Goes to show that Steam's pricing system isn't actually accurate to the value of the current dollar. CDN dollar is worth slightly more than the AUS dollar...yet our price at least on this is higher.

FOREX market: $1 USD = $1.32 CDN

$59.99 USD = $78.89 CDN

At $66.49 CDN you're getting an automatic 15% off. No coupon needed.

That's not really how things work. Canadian salaries didn't change even if the value of the dollar changed, so 66.49 CAD is not a discount, it's just the normal price we've always paid. If we would buy games in US dollars, we would pay more, but Steam charges us in Canadian dollars. So that means that right now, Steam makes less profit from Canadian buyers because the canadian dollar is so low. That also means that Canadian devs that have their game on Steam make more money from US sales, and probably most sales in general. I've always found that this system was f-ed up.

21. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 1, 2015, 13:52 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 13:42:
I would love a 3/4 perspective sci fi ARPG. The only ones that really come to mind over the last 20 years are Space Seige and the Crusader series. Wish Runic had done something like that.

It would be very cool to have things like a crap ton of weapons, teleporters, force fields, enemy robots, mutants, xenomorphs, ship levels, planet levels, space levels, etc. etc. There's so much room for variety.

Is there one out there I'm missing?

Hellgate is just like that, but it's first person and third person. I've said this a million times here, but it's my favorite ARPG of all time and it has a much better system than D3 in my opinion. Well, it's not exactly like you say. It's not in space... But it's definitely futuristic.

11. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 1, 2015, 10:50 ItBurn

Yeah, torchlight 2 was really boring. I'm not sure what the reason is. I know I had an issue that basically broke the game for me. Monsters would pop in and out of existence at the edge of the screen, in full view. I would constantly miss shots because of that or get hurt at random.  

6. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 10:43 ItBurn

Movies on Steam? Yes please!  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in February
3. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in February Aug 31, 2015, 10:41 ItBurn

Have you seen the preorder BS? Seems like the only way to get the game is to get the collector's edition. They removed missions and stuff from the normal edition. Pisses me off.

Actually, I'm not sure I even understand their pre-order thing...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 17:45 ItBurn

4D-Boxing wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 17:40:
It was an even bigger disappointment to me than Elysium, Oblivion, Interstellar, Jupiter Ascending, Ender's game etc..

If you thought that Interstellar was disappointing, we definitely have nothing in common.

Guardians of the Galaxy is the best Marvel movie in my opinion, but even then it's just a silly teenager flick filled with bad CGI. Now if you want a movie with characters making bad decisions, look no further!!

31. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 17:05 ItBurn

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 17:01:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 16:07:
I feel like when you analyze Prometheus, you forget, every other movie ever. Stupid sh*t is in every movie ever, and scientists can complain about every possible movie, even Interstellar, which was fact checked by a renowned physicist(at some point he was like, f*ck it, this part is going to have to magically work, because we still need to make a fun movie)... Just like a game, a movie isn't the real world and a movie isn't only about the character's decisions...

Every movie has something stupid in it, yes. But you can look past a few things and still enjoy it. When the entire movie is filled with huge holes.. it turns really bad.

I watched Prometheus the sneak peak day before release at midnight.. I left feeling like I watched the dumbest movie of his directing career and that he's only trying to make pretty pictures now.
Reminds me of video game developers and dumb players "We concentrated on the graphics and the games a huge piece of shit and not fun to play"

Fair enough, but to be even fairer, the large majority of video games have insanely bad stories and characters and we still love them.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 16:07 ItBurn

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 15:31:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 11:25:
nimski wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 11:16:
Loved Prometheus? Can you go into a little more detail about which parts?

The geologist with mapping drones that get's lost inside of 10 minutes or maybe the zoologist trying to tickle the alien goo snake in the cobra strike pose?

I guess we're living in the Michael Bay era. Flash enough lights fast enough in front of people and you've got a box office hit on your hands!

The biggest flaw is that characters make stupid decisions. The other flaw is that the mutations and stuff are too convoluted. Flaws end there. Everything else is awesome. The camera work, the effects, the world, the atmosphere, the creatures, the action, the lore of the world, the sound design... I was totally immersed in them exploring this planet and I didn't want to leave.

And don't insult me with the michael bay stuff. I hate every Transformer movie and I even find all marvel movies to be meh, Empty, fake, action fests. If you want to do action, give me Dredd, give me Mad Max.

Movie enjoyment is about context.
If you go into "Dude where's my car" expecting a serious plot and character development... well you're going to say it sucks.

Now, Prometheus was a huge piece of shit because it took itself Seriously and failed to deliver anything remotely intelligent.

Everyone who says they "Like/Love" prometheus pretty much just likes flashing pretty pictures and a few of the ideas but it's a total shit movie because a movie needs a solid plot and logic to it for it to be good if its a serious movie. Prometheus would be a pretty terrible comedy but rated better than it currently it is if it was tried to pass off as a comedy of errors.. But it's not.

-I remember reading this interview with an astronaut that watched the movie and he said that they would never remove their helmets even if it was breathable atmosphere.
-The dead guy who was registered dead just showed up outside the ship.. OPEN THE BIGGEST DOOR TO INVESTIGATE.
-Geologist being stupid
-Biologist trying to pet a new life form
-Pretty much everything.

I feel like when you analyze Prometheus, you forget, every other movie ever. Stupid sh*t is in every movie ever, and scientists can complain about every possible movie, even Interstellar, which was fact checked by a renowned physicist(at some point he was like, f*ck it, this part is going to have to magically work, because we still need to make a fun movie)... Just like a game, a movie isn't the real world and a movie isn't only about the character's decisions...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 11:25 ItBurn

nimski wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 11:16:
Loved Prometheus? Can you go into a little more detail about which parts?

The geologist with mapping drones that get's lost inside of 10 minutes or maybe the zoologist trying to tickle the alien goo snake in the cobra strike pose?

I guess we're living in the Michael Bay era. Flash enough lights fast enough in front of people and you've got a box office hit on your hands!

The biggest flaw is that characters make stupid decisions. The other flaw is that the mutations and stuff are too convoluted. Flaws end there. Everything else is awesome. The camera work, the effects, the world, the atmosphere, the creatures, the action, the lore of the world, the sound design... I was totally immersed in them exploring this planet and I didn't want to leave.

And don't insult me with the michael bay stuff. I hate every Transformer movie and I even find all marvel movies to be meh, Empty, fake, action fests. If you want to do action, give me Dredd, give me Mad Max.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 10:45 ItBurn

Damnit Blue, I loved Prometheus. It has some flaws, yes.  

News Comments > Bethesda Games on GOG.com
28. Re: Bethesda Games on GOG.com Aug 26, 2015, 16:33 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 16:22:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 10:47:
It contains stuff no other game does

Yep. 10000 km^2 of essentially empty grassland, auto-generated quests that are so crappy that they make Skyrim's Radiant quests look like the Witcher 3 in comparison, random dungeons that are so large that you will literally get lost in them forever, randomly generated towns that all look the same, etc.

I mean, technically the game was incredibly impressive for its day and age, but holy crap is it boring as hell to play.

There's lots of unique things in the game. If you just stick to the main quest, you'll see unique thing after unique thing. The auto generated quests can actually become quite intricate and go in many branching paths. I find that if you get bored in Daggerfall, it's because you've chosen that for yourself. I'm not saying the game is amazing in every way, but you just focused on the bad. I love the huge world, the random quests and the gigantic dungeons. It makes some game systems work in ways that would never be possible in a skyrim or a witcher. You can actually become an outlaw and not completely break your game. You can travel the world and start anew somewhere else. You can actually steal hundreds of items from a single store. Yes, it's not perfect, yes it's broken, but damn, no other game offers such a deep simulation of a "real" world.

17. Re: Bethesda Games on GOG.com Aug 26, 2015, 11:23 ItBurn

Necrophob wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 11:22:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 10:47:
If someone here never played Daggerfall, they really should. It's a bit complicated and really throws you in the deep end, but this game is something else. It contains stuff no other game does, in a good way. In a bad way sometimes too, but it's really worth seeing it implemented.

I loved Daggerfall back when it came out, but HATED the randomized dungeons. 4 hrs to find a stupid feather or a mob you had to kill. Crime paid alot more in that game

Daggerfall is the only game where you have to start a new character not because you died, but because you got lost in a dungeon.

8. Re: Bethesda Games on GOG.com Aug 26, 2015, 10:47 ItBurn

If someone here never played Daggerfall, they really should. It's a bit complicated and really throws you in the deep end, but this game is something else. It contains stuff no other game does, in a good way. In a bad way sometimes too, but it's really worth seeing it implemented.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2015, 10:54.

News Comments > SOMA Preorders
10. Re: SOMA Preorders Aug 25, 2015, 11:22 ItBurn

I LOVE everything these guys do. Amnesia the dark descent is the father of all modern horror games. They literally brought the genre back from the dead. I'm afraid SOMA will be too similar... The market has been saturated with these games. I should trust these guys.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 16:47 ItBurn

harlock wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 16:32:
Rigs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 15:28:
Seems to have the same texture streaming issues that FarCry4, Dying Light and Arkham Knight have/had.

i dont really give a shit, because what you say above is not normal

the games arent the problem... only thing left is what they are running on

If you haven't seen bad texture streaming in these games, it's because you haven't been paying attention. I want to add Witcher 3 to the list. It trumps all of these by a LOT.

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
1. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Aug 21, 2015, 17:49 ItBurn

I could go for more borderland-style coop shooters, but this one looks REALLY repetitive and bland.  

1192 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo