Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1007 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
76. Re: Into the Black Mar 31, 2015, 04:59 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 04:57:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 04:09:
nin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 22:51:
NegaDeath wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 22:13:
Fuck me, I just wanted a Wing Commander spiritual successor.

Thank you! This is what us kickstarter backers thought we were getting as well.

Speak for yourself. I want a Freelancer spiritual successor. We're both getting it though, with Squadron 42 and Star Citizen.

Nope. You are getting Freelancer the MMO. We are getting Squadron42 episode 1 at some point after that and the rest at some other point in the indefinite future (Unless Cloud Imperium flip flops again)

Sounds good to me!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
74. Re: Into the Black Mar 31, 2015, 04:09 ItBurn

nin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 22:51:
NegaDeath wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 22:13:
Fuck me, I just wanted a Wing Commander spiritual successor.

Thank you! This is what us kickstarter backers thought we were getting as well.

Speak for yourself. I want a Freelancer spiritual successor. We're both getting it though, with Squadron 42 and Star Citizen.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released
10. Re: Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released Mar 26, 2015, 04:42 ItBurn

DK1 and 2 were good dungeon builder games, but to me, what made them great, is that you could explore your creation in first person and actually fight with your troops and build with your imps. The dungeon keeper style strategy game by itself isn't too exciting...  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released
2. Re: Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released Mar 25, 2015, 11:23 ItBurn

To me, if there's no first person view, there's not much interest.  

News Comments > Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna DLC This Spring
3. Re: Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna DLC This Spring Mar 25, 2015, 05:43 ItBurn

Amazing game. Everything is top notch. A bit long though. It makes you think, it makes you feel things and I even got a bit teary eyed at some point. 8.5/10

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2015, 06:02.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Lore Book
9. Re: The Elder Scrolls Lore Book Mar 24, 2015, 11:04 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 10:58:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 10:55:
Also, I'm not a Skyrim fanboy. My favorite ES by far is Daggerfall.

Morrowind is my fav TBH. They really nailed it with that game. Skyrim was cool and everything but it's main quest was never as interesting or even as awesome as the story of Morrowind.

I prefer the story of Daggerfall, even if it wasn't particularily well executed. It feels somewhat more mature and less... fantastical... I'm not a huge fan of the legendary hero type of deal, like the Nerevarine or the Dragonborn. I mostly prefer Daggerfall for the gameplay and the procedurally generated stuff.

Let's not forget the awesome intro! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niU1bRqxrIU

7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Lore Book Mar 24, 2015, 10:57 ItBurn

On a side note, I enjoyed the two ES novels released a while ago. Nothing mind blowing, but it's great if you're into the lore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls:_The_Infernal_City
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_Souls

6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Lore Book Mar 24, 2015, 10:55 ItBurn

Drayth wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 10:46:
deadearth wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 10:24:
Looks like there is a skyrim focused book as well: Here

The fact that it specifically has "Skyrim" in the title makes me wary... Is this a general Elder Scrolls lore book, or is it about the 5'th game's world? It kinda makes it seem like Skyrim is happening in a different parallel universe than the other games. I'm not interested in Skyrim, I am however really interested in Elder Scrolls.

My point being, as far as I can tell ESO's lore is as much a part of the overall lore as the rest of the series. The only thing that stands out is it happens in the earliest time period. One of the praises I generally hear about ESO is how rich in the ES's lore it delves.

I've learned way more about the various races by playing it than any of the other games.

I've heard bad things about the lore in ESO. It seems like it'll lead to another "warp in the west", which is not cool. Also, a lot of things in the game contradict directly the lore found in all the other ES games. I remember seeing this image of a generic looking keep in ESO and it was a high elven city that was described in the lore as alien and so bright at night that it felt like day...

Also, I'm not a Skyrim fanboy. My favorite ES by far is Daggerfall.

1. Re: The Elder Scrolls Lore Book Mar 24, 2015, 09:39 ItBurn

The fact that it specifically has "Elder Scrolls Online" in the title makes me wary... Is this a general Elder Scrolls lore book, or is it about the mmo's world? It kinda makes it seem like ESO is happening in a different parallel universe than the other games. I'm not interested in ESO, I am however really interested in Elder Scrolls.  

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
10. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 23, 2015, 07:15 ItBurn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 06:51:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 05:15:
I've played maybe 200 hours of D3 and I'm having a hard time getting enough gold. Mostly gems are costing me a fortune. It would be nice if gold did more, but I wouldn't say it's useless.

I won't be partaking in this promotion though, because I'm bored of replaying the same content...

Hopefully you find yourself a Boon of the Hoarder gem, and then your gold concerns will vanish, if you do play again.

That said, Diablo 3, like most games, has a limited lifespan. I check back in anytime there is a new patch, but the last couple changes to game mechanics: Ancient Legendaries, Season-delayed new Legendaries, possible micropayments(only China right now) have kinda killed my D3 enthusiasm.

Grim Dawn is slowly, very slowly, coming along though.

Grim Dawn. I haven't really been following it, but I really liked Titan Quest, so I'm kinda eager to play it. How is it? How far is it from completion? I'm not interested in early access.

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
8. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 23, 2015, 05:15 ItBurn

I've played maybe 200 hours of D3 and I'm having a hard time getting enough gold. Mostly gems are costing me a fortune. It would be nice if gold did more, but I wouldn't say it's useless.

I won't be partaking in this promotion though, because I'm bored of replaying the same content...

News Comments > Into the Black
24. Re: Into the Black Mar 17, 2015, 12:12 ItBurn

descender wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 12:01:
Can you count out those arguments on your fingers for me ItBurn?

In the article I read they actually tackled that finger argument and proposed an equally easy way to count. But yeah, we're definitely counting on our fingers by default. I guess what I should have said is that base 12 would be easier to do maths with for us. It's been a long time since I read the article and I'm not sure I could find it.

22. Re: Into the Black Mar 17, 2015, 12:01 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 11:55:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 20:24:
Interesting argument, but I've always figured people would know what temperatures meet their comfort/discomfort zone based on what they're familiar with. If someone told me it was 34C out I wouldn't know what that meant, but if they said its 93F I'd know it was shorts and t-shirt time. Anyone that has used both extensively have a preference?

I grew up with C, and now use F because I live in the US, and I always have to calculate it back to C before I really know how hot/cold it really is outside.

I can do this in the span of like .5 seconds, but I can never figure out the relative temperature just from the F reading.

In any case, at 0 degrees celsius water freezes, and at 100 degrees C water boils. What are the 0 and 100 points in F for? Oh, that's right, nothing.

F is a fucking stupid system, as is literally every other unit of measure used in the US. We are a base-10 species. Not using base-10 as your default units in everything is retarded.

I wouldn't say we're a base 10 species. That's indeed the base that most people are familiar with when doing maths though. There are strong arguments for base 12.

19. Re: Into the Black Mar 17, 2015, 10:08 ItBurn

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 10:02:
Here's where my brain does the differentiation:

Farenheit
"100 degrees? Holy shit, break out the shorts, t-shirt and crank up the AC!"

Forced conversion to Celsius:
"38 degrees? Probably need to wear a coat."

Here in the States, we're just so canalized in to thinking in terms of Fahrenheit that it'll never change because it becomes an emotional reaction based on the level of discomfort.

Also, in reverse, it sounds silly:

"Dude! I'm doing 120 km/h!"
"You're doing 75 mph, Bill. Big fucking deal."

I don't think it's because of that kind of emotion. I think that it's what you were born with, so that's what you prefer. Another thing is that the US is somewhat arrogant and thinks that it's better than everyone. Changing to a different system would mean that the US isn't perfect and that'll never happen. Like, f-you, I do what I want, 'MERICA! I didn't mean to offend anyone. I really think it's that way in an objective fashion.

15. Re: Into the Black Mar 17, 2015, 09:09 ItBurn

Pigeon wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 08:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 06:10:
I like how in your table you did not look at odd numbers, like 17C which you can't easily convert to F at all. ;p

This entire topic not once mentioned Kelvin or eV (sad)

Also I like Celsius for day to day use.. I can't tell the difference between 22.4C or 22.1C so what would I need more precision with Fahrenheit for?

Ps.: "acceptable" climate also easily defined with C -40 to +40 everything beyond those temps or below those temps is ugly

Where do you live that you'd consider -40C acceptable climate, Hoth?

I wouldn't say it's acceptable, but having lived it several times, it seems like the lowest that humans can withstand without totally freaking the hell out. Well, most people flip the hell out at -10, but I mean, non-wuss people would flip at -40 instead :p This kind of weather will happen a couple of days during winter in Canada.

11. Re: Into the Black Mar 17, 2015, 06:08 ItBurn

I'm sorry, but I'll have to class this article as "wrong". Celcius is still much better for air temperature. It's so easy. Over 0, not so cold. Under 0, cold. Maybe it's because I live in Canada and we go from -30 to +30 celcius, covering the range more equally than someone who lives in California and doesn't understand why minus temperatures would exist.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
22. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 16, 2015, 14:01 ItBurn

Axis wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 13:55:
Best game of 2014? Divinity Original Sin by far.

Dragon age is just a bunch of great story voiceover actors around a generic gameplay.

Divinity: Original Sin is a bunch of great gameplay around generic story voiceover actors.

I tried to play Divinity: Original Sin in coop and we got soooo bored. It was a terrible decision to start the game in this huge town. It's overwhelming and you spend a looooong time just talking to random people. There's ridiculous amounts of dialogue to read too. We got bored really fast and gave up. The game should have started you in a much smaller area and given you more action up front. It might be a great game, but I'd have to quit my day job to have enough time to play it.

17. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 16, 2015, 12:59 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 12:54:
I don't think they are that important. I struggle to remember more than a few I care about over the course of the game, most of those involving the potential death of a companion. They can do those anyway without trying to do insane story branching that ends up gimmicky after they realize they can't accommodate everyone. I would much rather those design resources go into fleshing out game content rather than a billion hours on the whiteboards figuring out all of the choice permutations.

I find that the choices are more than the sum of their parts. It adds "deepness" to the game and the feeling that you really can affect the world and that the story is your story. Dragon Age has always been about that and I think it's one of their pillars.

15. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 16, 2015, 12:46 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 12:42:
Wishlist for a new DA:

- no more story choices, unnecessary and doesn't amount to much
- Do a decent MP module or just spend the resources somewhere else
- Actual PC interface work done instead of lip service
- Completely new characters and plot set in the same universe, no holdovers
- AI tactic/customization needs to make a comeback
- A few less "zones" with more to do in each of them
- More meaningful sidequests, less bulletin board style filler
- Decide whether you're making an action game for bros or an RPG. No more in between, its hurting the combat.

What? Story choices are super important. Also, NO MP! I think that the key is to spend more time on polish. That's how you make it fun and non-boring. Of course, spending more than 5 minutes on the PC interface would be nice.

10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 16, 2015, 12:05 ItBurn

My top games are Watch Dogs and the D3 expansion. I'm going to go with WD. I almost 100%ed that game and I never do that. I'm not one of those people who had unrealistic expectations.  

1007 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo