Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 940 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week
23. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week Dec 18, 2014, 09:12 ItBurn

pagb wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 08:21:
nin wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 07:49:
Theo wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 07:37:
Beelzebud wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 01:20:
Please let this be properly optimized.

Yher. not that they have made a single PC port that wasnt garbage performance wise. :-(

Thought people said the last Max Payne was decent?
Yeah, MP3 was fine in that department... but GTAIV... oh man, oh god

I HATED the controls in MP3. Overly complicated and weird as hell. The rest was solid though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
44. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 11:51 ItBurn

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 11:37:
Kajetan wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 11:20:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:59:
Good decision. You may not like the game, but freedom of speech should prevail.
I want my rape sim games on Steam!!
Tentacle Simulator 2015 almost made it onto Steam but got voted down!

Postal 2 is one of the best shooters I've played. Open world with tons of interactivity and one of the first games with havok physics. It's also incredibly obscene. I still haven't murdered anybody. If the game is fun(and I have time...), I'll play it.

25. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 10:06 ItBurn

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 10:00:
Yakubs wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:53:
In reality, it works the other way around. Poisoned minds tend to gravitate toward media that appeals to them. Media doesn't turn healthy people into murderers.
Exactly.
I've been playing violent video games since I was 7 and watching (as fucking stupid as it sounds nowadays considered) violent cartoons like Tom and Jerry or Bugs Bunny as I was growing up, but never ever considered picking up a gun and go on a shooting spree in real life. Even though I was bullied in high school for years.

Maybe I am the exception not the rule but I personally don't see how a movie or a video game can turn a normal person into a murderer.

Same. Played violent games and watched violent movies all my life. It's rare to find a person as peaceful as me. Violence is never the answer to solve problems in my life.

21. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 09:59 ItBurn

Good decision. You may not like the game, but freedom of speech should prevail.  

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
75. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 16:22 ItBurn

DangerDog wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 16:12:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 14:51:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:25:
I usually love sandbox games, but there are some that I don't like because they're too empty and aimless. To me so far, it seems like the latter.

First review confirms my fears IncGamers review

I think it's a complement to the game that it leaves you wanting more, as it is in its current form I think it represents what the initial goal was which was to create an updated version of Elite.

Even in the unlikely event that they just continue to fix bugs and hold off on adding more content there's more than enough of a game here to enjoy for quite a long time.

Perhaps it's down to some people mentally adding up all the grandiose promises of Star Citizen and comparing them to Elite that are not satisfied with what's on offer, Star Citizen is still just an idea and Elite Dangerous is a game you can play today.

In my case it has nothing to do with Star Citizen. Some sandbox games just don't keep my interest. But I can't help comparing Elite to Freelancer, which is what I use as a gold standard for a coop space sandbox.

62. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 14:51 ItBurn

ItBurn wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:25:
I usually love sandbox games, but there are some that I don't like because they're too empty and aimless. To me so far, it seems like the latter.

First review confirms my fears IncGamers review

8. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 10:25 ItBurn

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access Next Month
9. Re: H1Z1 Early Access Next Month Dec 9, 2014, 09:29 ItBurn

Quboid wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 22:34:
There's a really great game concept here and Day Z doesn't look like it is going to deliver. Maybe this will be it. The Forest is the survival game that looks most promising but it's single player only so not the same.

I haven't tried all of the games in the world, but I think that 7 days to die is the best one. I must've played a hundred hours. It has a strong pve element.

News Comments > Enter the Gungeon Announced
6. Re: Enter the Gungeon Announced Dec 9, 2014, 08:44 ItBurn

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 18:28:
wasteoid wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 18:09:
Is it truly that expensive/difficult to create some decent graphics for new games? My curiosity at a new game is instantly killed by these crappy graphics. Eye-candy isn't the most important element to a good game, but it is hard for many people to get into games with such unpalatable graphics.

If you don't like the graphics, that's fine. But a lot of people enjoy pixel art, and don't find this crappy at all. Rather good, in fact.

It's like playing Madden and complaining that the focus is on nothing but gaining yards, and how come you can't unlock a single usable gun in the game.

Also yes. Yes, it's expensive and difficult to get good graphics in indie games.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
51. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 19:18 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 19:11:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 18:05:
Jivaro wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 18:04:
My backlog is, so far, winning the battle this year. Usually I buy stuff even though my backlog is ridiculously long. This year seems to be different for some reason. I have less time to play than in previous years, so that is probably part of it. I have some really well reviewed games in my backlog, which is probably a bigger part. I haven't played Dishonored yet, for example.

I don't have time to play games anymore... It's actually starting to affect my mood...

seems to me you are living your life for pretty much anyone, except yourself and if you notice it affects your mood you should act. You don't need to do anything drastic, but 1 hour a day for your hobby/hobbies is the minimum. Take that time and MAKE that time. A hobby you enjoy will help you counter stress.

Thanks for your concern :p I'm fine, don't worry Sorry for hijacking the thread.

49. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 19:10 ItBurn

Julio wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 19:00:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 18:18:
Nah, I do have a gf. I'm trying to do the gf

I realize that I sound like a 13 year old, but I just meant, I don't have a wife and kids, which would be a great excuse for no gaming time

43. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 18:18 ItBurn

Pr()ZaC wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 18:08:
You guys Married? With Children? (cue the you-know-what theme)

Nah, I do have a gf. I'm trying to do the gf, activities, projects, sports and friends kinda life. You know, a balanced life. That doesn't leave tons of time for games. I'm going to have to make sacrifices...

41. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 18:05 ItBurn

Jivaro wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 18:04:
My backlog is, so far, winning the battle this year. Usually I buy stuff even though my backlog is ridiculously long. This year seems to be different for some reason. I have less time to play than in previous years, so that is probably part of it. I have some really well reviewed games in my backlog, which is probably a bigger part. I haven't played Dishonored yet, for example.

I don't have time to play games anymore... It's actually starting to affect my mood...

9. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 14:48 ItBurn

nin wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 14:47:
Xero wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 14:44:
Screw some of these newer titles. I just picked up the Doom collection for 8 bones!

Reliving the memories!

On a more realistic note, I also picked up Age of Mythology Extended so far...

This sale gonna hurt me bad.

Check out Doom Legacy, if you've not.

Brutal doom!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans
19. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans Nov 19, 2014, 16:05 ItBurn

Brumbek wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 15:55:
siapnar wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:30:
I do find the mouse acceleration to be annoying, though. I can't seem to get rid of it, even in windows or with my SetPoint software.
Did you edit both the config.cfg and config_mp.cfg to change these to from 140 default to zero:

seta cl_pitchspeed "0"
seta cl_yawspeed "0"

This solved all the terrible jerky mouse movement for me.

ItBurn wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:47:
COD is a linear snooze fest with 2001 gameplay and ok at best graphics. ACU is a next gen open world with some unique features and graphics that push the enveloppe.

Do what you want with ACU, but don't encourage COD!
Too each their own. You obviously don't enjoy scripted FPS games. Many of us do. And naturally, we buy CoD mostly for the multiplayer/coop. I'm guessing you haven't tried AW MP because it is really quite a unique experience with the freedom of movement around the maps. But twitch FPS games aren't for everyone and that's fine. But I stand by saying AW is one of the finest arena shooters ever made, right up there with Doom/Quake/Unreal.

I haven't played it, but I still strongly disagree with your claims. Traversal is nothing new. Crysis, Titanfall and even Halo come to mind. I also wouldn't classify a COD style game as being like Doom/Quake/Unreal. They're verrrry different.

I'm sure the game is very polished, but it's still incredibly dated gameplay regardless of the jetpack. You're the exception here, every review I've read say it's just another COD with the exact same gameplay.

It kinda blows my mind that you'd defend COD on Blues At least play battlefield if you're going to play a mass appeal shooter. It's a more advanced game.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans
15. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans Nov 19, 2014, 14:47 ItBurn

siapnar wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:30:
Brumbek wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 13:48:
At the risk of being flamed I will say this is why I respect Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and think it is worth support with our money. It comes out on schedule with a very solid PC version.
I agree. COD AW runs like a dream with only my GTX 570 and has all the PC options you need.
I do find the mouse acceleration to be annoying, though. I can't seem to get rid of it, even in windows or with my SetPoint software.

Also, the feel of shooting in COD has never quite felt right. There doesn't seem to be much weight or sense of impact.

COD is a linear snooze fest with 2001 gameplay and ok at best graphics. ACU is a next gen open world with some unique features and graphics that push the enveloppe.

Do what you want with ACU, but don't encourage COD!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
18. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2014, 16:23 ItBurn

Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 16:13:
Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 14:48:
I just was alluding to the habit of treating criticism of a woman's choice of dress as off-limits or an extremely fake-touchy issue normally... but for female characters in video games it's all bets are off.

The key is "a woman's choice". A female character in a video game designed predominantly by men for men isn't an actual woman's choice and is more open to accusations of objectification - which isn't to say that the accusations are true.

Even if they are true, it shouldn't be a problem.

12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2014, 14:17 ItBurn

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 13:59:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 11:25:
Games with sexy women are bad and men who like sexy women are bad. From now on, only make games with average looking women who work a full time job.

Video games: where all the rules about slut-shaming and 'look what she's wearing' suddenly get inverted.

I wonder how the Bedchel test is going over there.

I'm not sure what your point is and if you're being sarcastic or not, but my argument is that sexist things are okay if that's what the people who want these things want. Now if there's only sexist things and that's not what the people want, then yeah, there needs to be some non-sexist things. The thing is nowadays there is already a mix of sexist and non-sexist things, so there's no problem. You can't play Mass Effect with femshep and think that games are all sexist.

I would nuke from orbit the world where all media must be politically correct.

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2014, 11:25 ItBurn

Games with sexy women are bad and men who like sexy women are bad. From now on, only make games with average looking women who work a full time job.  

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
34. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 17:46 ItBurn

It looks terribly generic.
Another team based shooter... I can smell the microtransactions.
I'm not a fan of these games...

940 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo