Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1328 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
2. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 5, 2016, 10:50 ItBurn

Seems like they improved everything BUT the base building and the research and technologies, which are the only two things that I wanted improved...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM in May
24. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 14:32 ItBurn

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 14:28:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 14:21:
jacobvandy wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 14:15:
Primalchrome wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 14:13:
Sorry to rain on the grousing parade.....but the execution quicktimes are optional.

Thank the sweet baby Jesus for that...

Actually, instead of dying, enemies sometimes enter a "stunned" phase where you need to do one of these animations or do an extra attack to take them down for no reason. You're still constantly going to have to pause to finish off enemies.

If accurate (I've not seen either way) that's fucking bullshit...

Just look at the E3 2015 gameplay demo link. They start flashing red or blue and if you kill them at a certain time you get ammo or health. It's total BS. The satisfaction of killing is interrupted and you need to slow everything down.

21. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 14:21 ItBurn

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 14:15:
Primalchrome wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 14:13:
Sorry to rain on the grousing parade.....but the execution quicktimes are optional.

Thank the sweet baby Jesus for that...

Actually, instead of dying, enemies sometimes enter a "stunned" phase where you need to do one of these animations or do an extra attack to take them down for no reason. You're still constantly going to have to pause to finish off enemies.

17. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 13:47 ItBurn

SirKnight wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 13:38:
From what I saw in the two MP alphas, you are MUCH better off playing the old Dooms with Zandronum and Brutal Doom or Quake Live on STEAM. If Doom was like Quake Live or even UT it would be worth it.

As it is, wait until a sale and get it for the single player...if the reviews are good that is.

I've been playing A LOT of Doom 2 with GZDoom and Brutal Doom using some custom map packs. Most fun I think I've ever had with FPS's and way better than any modern FPS by far.

Brutal Doom *insert map pack here* is the best fps I've played in years for sure. Have you ever played Blood? I feel like a lot of Brutal Doom's inspiration comes from that. Blood is my favorite game of all time.

4. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 11:46 ItBurn

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 11:43:
Too many canned animations for stomping/chainsawing/eye punching, etc...

Honestly, this just makes me want to go replay the original two...

Do it with Brutal Doom! Totally fresh experience while still being the old Doom you loved.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Update
6. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Update Feb 3, 2016, 13:58 ItBurn

sauron wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 10:08:
I know it already has offline content, but I'd LOVE to see bots in this game. I got it free with my video card, but am too intimidated to jump in online without some practice beforehand.

There are bots. Terrorist Hunt is all about bots. There's also training missions with bots.

Edit: Oh I think I get what you mean. Bots that replace human players in the online game modes.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2016, 14:13.

News Comments > Hard Reset Redux Announced
11. Re: Hard Reset Redux Announced Jan 28, 2016, 11:04 ItBurn

Hard reset... I didn't like it. The shooting is competent, the graphics are bad and unpolished, the levels are linear and it's kinda... boring. It looked like an unfinished student project more than a game. Zero interest in a remake, but if they fix the issues, it could be ok.

Shadow Warrior though was great in every way. Can't wait for the sequel.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X DLC Skipping PC; Backlash Ensues
2. Re: Mortal Kombat DLC Skipping PC; Backlash Ensues Jan 21, 2016, 10:36 ItBurn

nin wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 10:15:
That's a pretty shitty thing to do.

Yeah. I was going to buy it, but I guess not.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Bombshell
14. Re: Gone Gold - Bombshell Jan 20, 2016, 09:57 ItBurn

From what I gathered, there's no real loot in the game. You have like 10 guns and that's it. It's just a top down action game, not an arpg. But I may be wrong...  

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
3. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 12:10 ItBurn

First period in my life where I'm starting to consider linux.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Jan 15, 2016, 13:25 ItBurn

PHJF wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 12:11:
It's better for aiming if you are playing a shooter. Which this (mostly) isn't.

I don't know how people can't grasp that the keyboard is a really awful device for player movement in a 3D space. WASD is functionally the same as an NES pad. Sacrificing some omnidirectional finesse for the sake of 360* variable movement is a no brainer. If and only if a keyboard comes standard with an analog control apparatus will M+K overtake a gamepad in usefulness cases outside strategy games and shooters where the finesse of a mouse is mandatory.

And don't use interfaces as an excuse. If you can't navigate an interface efficiently with every input device, you've got an interface problem, not a device problem.

First of all, are you trying to defend the idea that PC ports don't need to support keyboard and mouse? That's crazy to me that someone would want that... That's one step towards the day when first person shooters no longer support the mouse.

The analog control apparatus has advantages, but a mouse is still way better than a gamepad for heading in the right direction and pointing at things, which happens a lot more than the cases where you need the analogue "finesse". Also, in most third person games, you aim over the shoulder just like you would in a first person shooter. There have been a ton of third person games that worked great with keyboard and mouse.

I will use interfaces as an excuse. Interfaces designed for mouse and keyboard are usually better. They display more information at a time and let you do things that a controller-centric interface doesn't. Tailoring the interface for the PC is probably THE most important step in a PC port, after making sure it actually runs... I've also never seen an instance where a mouse and keyboard couldn't control a gamepad-centric interface at least as well as a gamepad, except when it was a bad port.

You want to play some games with a gamepad, great for you. A gamepad isn't required to game on PC. It has never been a requirement. I don't want to buy one, I don't want to game with one and a ton of people don't either.

ok I'm stopping with this discussion, I'm getting too frustrated :p

4. Re: Game Reviews Jan 15, 2016, 11:36 ItBurn

PHJF wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 11:22:
Wouldn't consider playing it without a gamepad in the first place.

I'm playing on PC, I have a mouse, I want to use that. It's better for aiming, looking around and using inventories/interfaces.

My point was just that it might not be that good of a PC port. Supporting PC controls is very important to a lot of us/most of us.

2. Re: Game Reviews Jan 15, 2016, 11:17 ItBurn

PHJF wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 10:28:
With all ports from console to PC, there is a lot of worry around the topics like frame rate, resolution, keyboard and mouse controls, and general performance. Fortunately, Dragon's Dogma is one of the best ports I've seen in awhile. From an unlocked frame rate to 4K resolution support, Dragon's Dogma on PC satisfies all the requested categories and goes even further to deliver extras such as a field-of-view slider and well-thought-out keyboard and mouse controls. The control scheme is what surprised me most, because what I press on instinct was mapped properly from the beginning. Above all else, the game performed perfectly with no slowdowns or crashes to desktop.

Eh I guess I'll just buy it again, $24 at GMG... if was after all my favorite PS3 title...

Quote from the other review: The only real issue PC players might face is that the interface is very much designed for a controller. It plays wonderfully with a gamepad out of the box, but mouse and keyboard controls are iffy.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Patch Addresses Cheating
8. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Patch Addresses Cheating Jan 13, 2016, 18:48 ItBurn

sauron wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 15:45:
I have this game as a freebie after buying a video card, and it looks great. But I do wish it had offline bots so I could get used to the maps before going online.

There are bots... There's a slew of single player tutorial missions and you can do "lone wolf" matches of terrorist hunt.

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
5. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 12:08 ItBurn

Holy crap. My computer and my wallet aren't ready for this. Also, f right off with that xbox controller. We already have perfectly good keyboards and mice, why do we have to pay extra for a controller?  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2015, 15:23 ItBurn

Brutal Doom is now the only real Doom for me.
Speaking of performance, v20b improved performance dramatically, which is awesome : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqf9qKw6pQc

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2015, 14:30 ItBurn

That star wars link, I didn't click on it, but I don't like spoilers in titles. Maybe it's not star wars related, but it probably is. I didn't see the movie, but now I know part of the plot... Not cool. I'm not going to read further comments in this thread for fear of being spoiled further. If it's not a star wars link, ignore my post :p  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 5 Overview
11. Re: Diablo III Season 5 Overview Dec 23, 2015, 10:10 ItBurn

Expansion or GTFO  

News Comments > Dying Light The Following Story Trailer
12. Re: Dying Light The Following Story Trailer Dec 17, 2015, 09:55 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 03:28:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 17:44:
I'd really like to like Dying Light. On paper it's just my type of game. But I find it kinda boring. I hate the melee system. I'm a hoarder type, so the inventory system is a nightmare. Your weapons break after like 3 hits. Why would I upgrade them? They break instantly! Waste of resources. The progression is kinda boring and I don't feel engaged in anything that is happening. I prefer the "alone" style of Dead Island to the "thriving" society of Dying Light. It also often seems like you're abusing the system rather than getting better at the game. I don't get it. I prefer Dead Island despite Dying Light being better in almost every way.

Sounds like you didn't play much of Dying Light. Almost all of your complaints are limited to the early game, which is admittedly kind of crappy. Things get a lot better once you've unlocked more skills and can fight and traverse effectively. The late game is actually too easy, with you having weapons that can one-shot almost every enemy. That said, jumping off a rooftop and drop-kicking a zombie/human off of his rooftop never gets old.
I played 11 hours. 11 hours is a lot of game time. Is this a Final Fantasy deal where it sucks for 30 hours and then it gets good? I'm kinda kidding. I do like some aspects of Dying Light, but I think it's perfectly normal to lose interest after 11 hours with all the issues persisting.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VI
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VI Dec 16, 2015, 17:47 ItBurn

Absolutely terrible graphics, both because of technical decisions and the new art style. It's a complete deal breaker for me. Hopefully there's mods to fix that... It's just very sad because a proper HD version would have been great.  

1328 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo