Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 926 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans
19. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans Nov 19, 2014, 16:05 ItBurn

Brumbek wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 15:55:
siapnar wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:30:
I do find the mouse acceleration to be annoying, though. I can't seem to get rid of it, even in windows or with my SetPoint software.
Did you edit both the config.cfg and config_mp.cfg to change these to from 140 default to zero:

seta cl_pitchspeed "0"
seta cl_yawspeed "0"

This solved all the terrible jerky mouse movement for me.

ItBurn wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:47:
COD is a linear snooze fest with 2001 gameplay and ok at best graphics. ACU is a next gen open world with some unique features and graphics that push the enveloppe.

Do what you want with ACU, but don't encourage COD!
Too each their own. You obviously don't enjoy scripted FPS games. Many of us do. And naturally, we buy CoD mostly for the multiplayer/coop. I'm guessing you haven't tried AW MP because it is really quite a unique experience with the freedom of movement around the maps. But twitch FPS games aren't for everyone and that's fine. But I stand by saying AW is one of the finest arena shooters ever made, right up there with Doom/Quake/Unreal.

I haven't played it, but I still strongly disagree with your claims. Traversal is nothing new. Crysis, Titanfall and even Halo come to mind. I also wouldn't classify a COD style game as being like Doom/Quake/Unreal. They're verrrry different.

I'm sure the game is very polished, but it's still incredibly dated gameplay regardless of the jetpack. You're the exception here, every review I've read say it's just another COD with the exact same gameplay.

It kinda blows my mind that you'd defend COD on Blues At least play battlefield if you're going to play a mass appeal shooter. It's a more advanced game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans
15. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans Nov 19, 2014, 14:47 ItBurn

siapnar wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:30:
Brumbek wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 13:48:
At the risk of being flamed I will say this is why I respect Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and think it is worth support with our money. It comes out on schedule with a very solid PC version.
I agree. COD AW runs like a dream with only my GTX 570 and has all the PC options you need.
I do find the mouse acceleration to be annoying, though. I can't seem to get rid of it, even in windows or with my SetPoint software.

Also, the feel of shooting in COD has never quite felt right. There doesn't seem to be much weight or sense of impact.

COD is a linear snooze fest with 2001 gameplay and ok at best graphics. ACU is a next gen open world with some unique features and graphics that push the enveloppe.

Do what you want with ACU, but don't encourage COD!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
18. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2014, 16:23 ItBurn

Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 16:13:
Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 14:48:
I just was alluding to the habit of treating criticism of a woman's choice of dress as off-limits or an extremely fake-touchy issue normally... but for female characters in video games it's all bets are off.

The key is "a woman's choice". A female character in a video game designed predominantly by men for men isn't an actual woman's choice and is more open to accusations of objectification - which isn't to say that the accusations are true.

Even if they are true, it shouldn't be a problem.

12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2014, 14:17 ItBurn

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 13:59:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 11:25:
Games with sexy women are bad and men who like sexy women are bad. From now on, only make games with average looking women who work a full time job.

Video games: where all the rules about slut-shaming and 'look what she's wearing' suddenly get inverted.

I wonder how the Bedchel test is going over there.

I'm not sure what your point is and if you're being sarcastic or not, but my argument is that sexist things are okay if that's what the people who want these things want. Now if there's only sexist things and that's not what the people want, then yeah, there needs to be some non-sexist things. The thing is nowadays there is already a mix of sexist and non-sexist things, so there's no problem. You can't play Mass Effect with femshep and think that games are all sexist.

I would nuke from orbit the world where all media must be politically correct.

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2014, 11:25 ItBurn

Games with sexy women are bad and men who like sexy women are bad. From now on, only make games with average looking women who work a full time job.  

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
34. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 17:46 ItBurn

It looks terribly generic.
Another team based shooter... I can smell the microtransactions.
I'm not a fan of these games...

News Comments > Cliff Martinez Writing Far Cry 4 Music
13. Re: Cliff Martinez Writing Far Cry 4 Music Nov 4, 2014, 13:09 ItBurn

Moog wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 06:17:
Don't care!

• Install Game
  • Check video settings
  • Turn off music
  • Play game

• The single most annoying thing with Destiny (PS4) is that you can't turn the music off!!! Well, joint most annoying thing, coupled with "you can't skip the cut scenes".

I also turn off the music sometimes. It really f***s with immersion. It tries to set a mood that doesn't fit with what's going on, or it doesn't let you fully appreciate the ambient noise. A great example is the Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Much better game with the music off. The music fits the setting, but it drowns the other sounds and they do a much better job of building the creepyness.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M
    18. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M Oct 31, 2014, 11:03 ItBurn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 03:15:
    Dang. So much hate. I really enjoyed it. Being hacked and hacking other people online was some of the best gaming I have done in a while. Was similar to GTA type games with the sandbox and story. Was a nice change of pace for a game.

Yeah, I also absolutely loved the game. I almost completed it 100% and I played a ton of multiplayer, which I never do in games like these.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
    2. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Oct 24, 2014, 21:39 ItBurn

When CDProjekt makes a trailer, you watch the trailer. I think they're better than Blizzard.  

News Comments > Dying Light Four-Packs
    1. Re: Dying Light Four-Packs Oct 21, 2014, 10:40 ItBurn

Some people may have had a different experience, but I didn't enjoy Dead Island in coop. It removed the horror and atmosphere and it became just another action game. Single player was great though. I'm going to keep it that way with Dying Light.  

News Comments > Hatred Announced
    17. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 16, 2014, 23:20 ItBurn

Postal 2 had missions and stuff, in war games you kill soldiers that want to kill you, in Blood you do kill some innocents, but it's mostly just demons and zombies and everything is cartoony. This is straight up killing humans for the fun of it and it's rendered in a brutal way.

It's really the first time ever that I'm wondering if it's a game that should be made. I'm a little bit torn up because it actually looks well made and fun :p

News Comments > Game Reviews
    15. Re: Game Reviews Oct 15, 2014, 14:35 ItBurn

Time to kill metacritic? Hell no.
    I didn't read the whole text, but it seems he thinks that metacritic is just a single number. His articles are the things that need to be killed...

Metacritic compiles all reviews in a single place. You can then browse through them easily and see trends. You can then read some of them and make up your mind on if it's a good game and if you'd like it. They even include small summaries that are often good enough on their own. Add to that the user reviews, which are admittedly mostly shit, but when you get a real one, you can get a perspective on a game that no reviewer would dare take because of publisher/reviewer relationships.

Used properly, Metacritic is an awesome tool.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2014, 12:41 ItBurn

The Captain America movies are the only ones of the bunch that I actually like. Yeah, even more than Iron Man. They have better characters and make you think a bit(not a lot).  

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
    63. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 14:16 ItBurn

This game looked like console drivel to me, and now I have the confirmation. I'm going to stick with alien isolation and whatever the Amnesia people are doing next thanks.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Launches
    2. Re: Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Launches Oct 8, 2014, 00:42 ItBurn

Wow. I know some people prefer the original CS, but this is the Half-life 1 engine and it looks shittier than most Hl1 mods...  

News Comments > Game Reviews
    3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2014, 23:39 ItBurn

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 18:24:
    I was ready to buy Life is Feudal the other day, but Mac's review confirmed my biggest fear. I don't want to grind on something that's currently incomplete and unsatisfying. I'll wait till this is complete and will most definitely be picking it up, but this just doesn't look like a good title to pick up on early access.

To me it looked like an horrible cash grab, but after Mac's review, I'm a bit more interested. I still think they won't deliver everything and that the game will never be complete...

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Launches
    1. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Launches Oct 3, 2014, 19:52 ItBurn

Is it just me or calling it Beta 2 defeats the purpose of it being a beta?  

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Appears
    3. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Appears Sep 26, 2014, 12:06 ItBurn

pnag wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 12:01:
    I rather liked Dear Esther! Wouldn't like all games to be like that, but a few, why not?

Dear Esther was incredibly atmospheric and spooky. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah same. Also loved Gone Home. Will definitely check this out if reviews aren't too bad.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
    9. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 10:40 ItBurn

To me, the early reviews seem inflated. There's a 60 or two on metacritic. Looks like "just another" third person game to me... But I,m looking at it more closely.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Trailer
    6. Re: The Witcher 3 Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 22:05 ItBurn

Damn, game looks good. I wouldn't believe it, but Witcher 2 was actually one of the best looking games ever...  

926 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo