Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1129 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut Announced
6. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut Announced Jul 2, 2015, 06:22 ItBurn

I tried playing it in coop with a friend and we just got bored and stopped playing. Maybe if I played in single player and took more time to read the quests and stuff...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Minecraft PC Sells > 20M
30. Re: Minecraft PC Sells > 20M Jul 1, 2015, 09:32 ItBurn

NewMaxx wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 09:28:
The newest fad in these crafting type games is undeniably ARK. Despite the high demands of its engine it has already hit some impressive numbers.

http://steamcharts.com/app/346110

Once it gets DX12 and SLI support (both supposedly in July), I'll probably get on board and run a server of my own.

I don't really like these types of games that have more akin to Day Z than Minecraft. You can't really affect the world. You just place more models on top of it. Plus they're usually more about PVP and less about survival, which I don't like so much. 7 Days to Die is probably the best of both worlds though. Robust survival and it's "cube" based(more like pyramids actually) like Minecraft, except with good graphics.

News Comments > Terraria Patched
16. Re: Terraria Patched Jul 1, 2015, 09:23 ItBurn

Krowen wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 09:16:
Retired wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 01:58:
Rigs wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 18:28:
Ok, new Terraria player here, heavy into modded Minecraft and many (too many) hours in Starbound, where do I start with this? Are there mods for it like Buildcraft? I'm clueless... *ahem* *looks around*...I mean, for once...

=-Rigs-=

Nothing is obvious, but keep checking your base area and craft a bench, an anvil, a forge, etc etc etc. Use the Wiki to get going, it will save you a headache. Go exploring, find chests, and mine mine mine mine mine. Have fun.

This is bad advice for new players. The guide NPC provides all sorts of direction and is always available around the initial spawn point in the world. Don't bother with the wiki until its actually required. Go talk to the guide and he will get you started on the basics. Like most games of this ilk you should concentrate building a shelter first and foremost.

Terraria is not easily moddable, some exist but its nothing like Minecraft yet in terms of availability. You can find some here.

Yeah, the guide's crafting help feature is really good.

News Comments > Minecraft PC Sells > 20M
26. Re: Minecraft PC Sells > 20M Jul 1, 2015, 09:01 ItBurn

Minecraft isn't a fad, or a shitty game that succeeded because of youtube popularity or hype. It's one of the best games I have ever played. Simply no other game has offered me a simulation where I can impact the world so much. I played hundreds of hours. And then I played 3 times that with mods. The mods are so crazy, adding hundreds of new items, locations and systems.

Minecraft deserves all the money and fame.

5. Re: Terraria Patched Jun 30, 2015, 18:32 ItBurn

Rigs wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 18:28:
Ok, new Terraria player here, heavy into modded Minecraft and many (too many) hours in Starbound, where do I start with this? Are there mods for it like Buildcraft? I'm clueless... *ahem* *looks around*...I mean, for once...

I've never tried Terraria mods... I've only played vanilla and absolutely loved it. All I can say is that the game starts really slowly. It takes a long time to get good minerals to craft good armor and weapons. You'll die often. But at some point the game switches from being about survival into an exploration and combat game with crazy powerful weapons.

3. Re: Terraria Patched Jun 30, 2015, 18:21 ItBurn

Every Terraria patch makes it a completely new game and all of them are completely free. I'm going to spend another 40 hours on it for the third time next week!  

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
37. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 30, 2015, 04:15 ItBurn

I had no idea that this was available! I'm pretty sure there never was an official release.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Toukiden: Kiwami
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Toukiden: Kiwami Jun 26, 2015, 18:05 ItBurn

Don't support: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pD0S2ux6go  

News Comments > People Can Fly Returns
8. Re: People Can Fly Returns Jun 24, 2015, 18:06 ItBurn

Epic ruined People Can Fly's games. I have no faith in them anymore.

That said, Painkiller was and is still amazing.
Edit: I'm talking about the original and the Black version. All the other "sequels" were terrible. The last remake was ok, but it's simply not as good as the old game! I'm not too sure why.

Bulletstorm was atrocious, in my opinion. The most linear game ever. Sure the many ways to kill were somewhat entertaining, but it was soooo awful to play. One of the worst shooters I ever played... I'd rather play Call of Duty!

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2015, 18:13.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Video
7. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Video Jun 23, 2015, 17:05 ItBurn

I'm probably buying it on day one. Loved the other one, but it bugged me that the levels were so linear. Problem solved.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs
9. Re: Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs Jun 22, 2015, 14:02 ItBurn

I for one am FOR sold mods. If done right.

I don't see how they can get all mods on console. Like, there's no way they'll allow the script extender or ENB modifications. All of the best mods use these.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs
8. Re: Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs Jun 22, 2015, 14:00 ItBurn

I never criticized the performance in Bethesda's games. I did complain about their beyond atrocious interface. I dare say it's the worst AAA interface I've ever used. It seems like Fallout 4 will keep Fallout 3's interface. Yay for 5 items displayed at once, with no stats, in an endless list you need to scroll one by one.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
14. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 12:08 ItBurn

It was obviously a great decision to use this term. Look at all the publicity they're getting.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Announced
16. Re: Dishonored 2 Announced Jun 16, 2015, 04:37 ItBurn

None of that was gameplay  

News Comments > BATTLECRY Beta Signups
2. Re: BATTLECRY Beta Signups Jun 15, 2015, 05:37 ItBurn

Oh my that looked terrible. I don't understand why they don't cancel it.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Announced
9. Re: Dishonored 2 Announced Jun 15, 2015, 05:37 ItBurn

I'm sure the game will be great, but for me that trailer was a turn off in every way... Don't like the direction they went with this. I trust this studio though, they always deliver.

Venom reference? More like the tentacles from "The Darkness".

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2015, 05:45.

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
19. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 05:28 ItBurn

Doom 4 looks great... But it doesn't look as good as the Brutal Doom mod...

I got tired of executions while the trailer was going... Textures look blurry up close. Weapons don't feel satisfying, except for the double barrel. I don't like the color correction. I don't like that they played with a gamepad and I don't like the weapon wheel. The levels seemed pretty linear and boring/generic.

The problem with executions is that sometimes, instead of dying, monsters start flashing and wait for you to execute them. One, the flashing totally brings you out of the game. Two, you killed that monster, you expected to be rewarded with blood, but they just start doing this dizzy animation and you have to take care of them either by wasting more bullets or by wasting your time dealing with them with an execution. Once again, Brutal Doom did it better. Executions are a choice that you execute before the enemy is dead.

Everything else was great :p

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2015, 05:34.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 12, 2015, 09:59 ItBurn

Bloodstained looks to be great. Iga's games are truly the best metroidvania games out there. Inti create is probably my favorite 2D game maker too. Loved their megaman zero and zx games. Best megaman games ever for me. This kickstarter is a no brainer.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Announced
17. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Announced Jun 12, 2015, 03:58 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 23:22:
Really hope the press release was just poorly phrased and that the game hasn't turned into a glorified dungeon crawl. Procedurally-generated levels tend to feel generic and forgettable and will never be an effective replacement for lovingly handcrafted levels.

I highly disagree with "will never be an effective replacement for lovingly handcrafted levels."

You'll see! :p

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Announced
4. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Announced Jun 11, 2015, 12:13 ItBurn

Wait! What does this mean? "Battle alongside allies online in four-player co-op or go it alone in spectacular procedurally-generated landscapes to complete daring missions and collect powerful new weapons, armor, and arcane relics of legend."

Seems to me like the game's story mode can only be played in four-player coop and that single player is reserved for randomly generated maps that serve only to "level up" your character. That's... weird. I don't think I can get 4 friends to play this.

1129 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo