Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 918 (Graduate)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
2. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Oct 24, 2014, 21:39 ItBurn

When CDProjekt makes a trailer, you watch the trailer. I think they're better than Blizzard.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dying Light Four-Packs
1. Re: Dying Light Four-Packs Oct 21, 2014, 10:40 ItBurn

Some people may have had a different experience, but I didn't enjoy Dead Island in coop. It removed the horror and atmosphere and it became just another action game. Single player was great though. I'm going to keep it that way with Dying Light.  

News Comments > Hatred Announced
17. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 16, 2014, 23:20 ItBurn

Postal 2 had missions and stuff, in war games you kill soldiers that want to kill you, in Blood you do kill some innocents, but it's mostly just demons and zombies and everything is cartoony. This is straight up killing humans for the fun of it and it's rendered in a brutal way.

It's really the first time ever that I'm wondering if it's a game that should be made. I'm a little bit torn up because it actually looks well made and fun :p

News Comments > Game Reviews
15. Re: Game Reviews Oct 15, 2014, 14:35 ItBurn

Time to kill metacritic? Hell no.
I didn't read the whole text, but it seems he thinks that metacritic is just a single number. His articles are the things that need to be killed...

Metacritic compiles all reviews in a single place. You can then browse through them easily and see trends. You can then read some of them and make up your mind on if it's a good game and if you'd like it. They even include small summaries that are often good enough on their own. Add to that the user reviews, which are admittedly mostly shit, but when you get a real one, you can get a perspective on a game that no reviewer would dare take because of publisher/reviewer relationships.

Used properly, Metacritic is an awesome tool.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2014, 12:41 ItBurn

The Captain America movies are the only ones of the bunch that I actually like. Yeah, even more than Iron Man. They have better characters and make you think a bit(not a lot).  

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
63. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 14:16 ItBurn

This game looked like console drivel to me, and now I have the confirmation. I'm going to stick with alien isolation and whatever the Amnesia people are doing next thanks.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Launches
2. Re: Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Launches Oct 8, 2014, 00:42 ItBurn

Wow. I know some people prefer the original CS, but this is the Half-life 1 engine and it looks shittier than most Hl1 mods...  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2014, 23:39 ItBurn

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 18:24:
I was ready to buy Life is Feudal the other day, but Mac's review confirmed my biggest fear. I don't want to grind on something that's currently incomplete and unsatisfying. I'll wait till this is complete and will most definitely be picking it up, but this just doesn't look like a good title to pick up on early access.

To me it looked like an horrible cash grab, but after Mac's review, I'm a bit more interested. I still think they won't deliver everything and that the game will never be complete...

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Launches
1. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Launches Oct 3, 2014, 19:52 ItBurn

Is it just me or calling it Beta 2 defeats the purpose of it being a beta?  

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Appears
3. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Appears Sep 26, 2014, 12:06 ItBurn

pnag wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 12:01:
I rather liked Dear Esther! Wouldn't like all games to be like that, but a few, why not?

Dear Esther was incredibly atmospheric and spooky. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah same. Also loved Gone Home. Will definitely check this out if reviews aren't too bad.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
9. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 10:40 ItBurn

To me, the early reviews seem inflated. There's a 60 or two on metacritic. Looks like "just another" third person game to me... But I,m looking at it more closely.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Trailer
6. Re: The Witcher 3 Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 22:05 ItBurn

Damn, game looks good. I wouldn't believe it, but Witcher 2 was actually one of the best looking games ever...  

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed
11. Re: Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed Sep 25, 2014, 22:02 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 21:04:
Omni wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 20:03:
4GBs of VRAM, another poorly optimized PC game?

Just a shitty engine (ID Tech 5)

Worth noting I hated that engine in literally every game that used it so far. Non dynamic world lighting, baked static geometry ugly as fuck textures..... no thanks

ID tech 5 is a bane of the industry. All these games ruined from the start.

News Comments > Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn Announced
8. Re: Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn Announced Sep 24, 2014, 17:31 ItBurn

Loved the originals. Good atmosphere and the hunting was fun.  

News Comments > Gauntlet Released
17. Re: Gauntlet Released Sep 23, 2014, 23:48 ItBurn

Can you play this with only two players?
Or does it add cpu controlled guys or something?

News Comments > Triad Wars Beta Signups; Trailer
11. Re: Triad Wars Beta Signups; Trailer Sep 23, 2014, 22:07 ItBurn

This looks horrible and it's a damn shame. I liked the original, but this free to play mmo-lite bs is exactly what I don't want. I hope they still plan on making a real sequel.  

News Comments > PC GTA5 First-Person Support?
19. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 22, 2014, 13:04 ItBurn

Awesome! The GTAIV first person mod turned the immersion up to 11.  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
16. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 12:48 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 12:46:
The Witcher Wild Hunt isn't coming out until February 2015. But other than that, yeah, it's an embarrassment of riches this year.

There's a lot of games that I really want to play in there, but then I think about it and realize that it's been a long time since I've been "REALLY" excited about a game. I mean a huge game with crazy features. Not a clone of another game, but with a different story and settings... Know what I mean?

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
14. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 12:39 ItBurn

What? There's a new Borderlands game coming out!?

/sarcasm

News Comments > Hellraid Stream Tomorrow
6. Re: Hellraid Stream Tomorrow Sep 16, 2014, 09:32 ItBurn

Wetworks24 wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 05:29:
Asmo wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 01:28:
Friends and I had a ball in the (admittedly somewhat substandard) Dead Island, so I think even if the SP has the same dodgy stuff in it, this will be a decent co-op game.

Looks more in line with Lichdom: Battlemage than Dead Island. I'm guessing Lichdom style game albeit more fleshed out, but will still feel like a digital download $30-$40 type of game.

Yeah I definitely get a lichdom vibe. Linear melee action. It looks fun though...

918 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo