Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wraith

Real Name Wraith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wraith
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Intolerant
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 3, 2011, 22:49
Total Comments 55 (Suspect)
User ID 56201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
1. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Mar 27, 2014, 20:14 Wraith

2 months  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
107. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 06:43 Wraith

Palmer Luckey, eh?

What a cunt - selling out his kickstarter backers. How many backers would he have gotten if they'd known he'd try and sell them out to Facebook before even delivering their product?

Shit like this is a classic example of why Kickstarter is - and should remain - a time-limited fad.

News Comments > Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released
14. Re: Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released Mar 20, 2014, 01:20 Wraith

I don't think that there's as much skill overlap between this documentary and making video games as you think there is, but regardless, I'm sure they're very happy to do what some dude on the internet calling them "cunts" wants them to do. Making you happy is exactly what anyone wants right now.

I feel compelled to applaud your brilliant reasoning. After all, whenever I want to communicate with a developer and force them to do my will, I try and communicate them with the comments section on Blues News. And I call them cunts. It's not hyperbole at all. Really, it's not.

Comments like this are clear evidence that - whether you know it or not - you desperately need to go outside and engage in more face-to-face interactions with other human beings. Shut down the fucking PC, put on some clean clothes and go outside, you orange-dicked Cheetos scoffer.

News Comments > Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released
2. Re: Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released Mar 19, 2014, 15:11 Wraith

Christ who gives a fuck. Stop making wanky home movies about yourselves and finish Half Life, you cunts.  

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
19. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 11, 2014, 20:49 Wraith

I call bullshit. Let's do the numbers.

44khz audio, 16 bit x stero = 176KB/sec. Let's allow 5 seconds of audio per megabyte.

That's 5,000 seconds per gig. 35GB of audio suggests 175,000 seconds of audio - or 48.6 hours.

I have real trouble believing the game has two days of continuous, unique audio. That's more than GTAV with all its radio channels.

Oh, and for those complaining about the download - forget it. Those of us who played the beta will have noticed that the audio decompresses during installation. You're not downloading 35gb of audio data.

News Comments > Criterion Cofounders Leave
12. Re: Criterion Cofounders Leave Jan 4, 2014, 02:48 Wraith

Yes, another development studio which EA has comprehensively fucked.

Mind you, Criterion was overrated - their NFS stuff has absolutely no fucking soul to it and their "Most Wanted" is vastly inferior to the 2005 NFS: Most Wanted.

They're a budget racing outfit, but it looks like even that was too much for EA to handle without killing people's desire to live.

Just goes to show you folks - sell your soul to EA and pretty soon you'll be churning out soulless product.

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
45. Re: John Carmack Leaves id Software Nov 23, 2013, 02:06 Wraith

About bloody time. The rest of ID have been riding on his coat-tails all this fucking time and it's about time they realised that it was his technical excellence that sold their games.

If there's one thing RAGE proved, it's that ID had fantastic technical excellence watered down by game-design that's failed to move along from the 90's. They really are incredibly lazy and utterly failed to take advantage of the possibilities that John's tech provided.

I'm looking forward to seeing them crash and burn. ID has very little in the way of talent and without tech to rescue them, their game designs are going to be shown up for the pedestrian rubbish that they are.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer
16. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer Oct 22, 2013, 04:43 Wraith

Christ, that frame rate is awful. I sincerely hope it's just because this demo is on PS3, because if that's the framerate on a PC rig, then they can take the damn game back.

I have no idea how PS3 players can even put up with this. The juddering of the sign in the distance as he rotates the camera shows just how bad this is.

News Comments > Gearbox Livestream Subscription Plus Bonuses
6. Re: Gearbox Livestream Subscription Plus Bonuses Sep 3, 2013, 09:40 Wraith

An unannounced Gearbox Software title? Would that be "Colonial Marines: Not quite as shit edition"?

Seriously, Randy is completely fucked in the head if he thinks fans are going to pony up twenty bucks just to see him talk. The dude is probably spending the remaining company money making Borderlands 2 DLC. I pity any publisher who's actually given him an advance.

Learn from Sega's mistake people. Wait until you see the finished product before giving Randy any cash. No more advances for dishonest studio heads.

News Comments > DNF Royalties Lawsuit
21. Re: DNF Royalties Lawsuit Jun 13, 2013, 19:22 Wraith

Is there anyone gearbox hasn't screwed yet?

You mean aside from everyone who bought Aliens: Colonial Marines?

News Comments > Titanfall Announced
34. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 16:27 Wraith

Ugggh. Multiplayer only. Seriously? 3 years and all you've got to show for it is yet another COD multiplayer waste of time?

Yeah, because boring multiplayer experiences are so thin on the ground out there. Really. I'm sure this won't disappear into the haze of CODBLOPS/HALO clones or anything. Honest it won't.

Next!

News Comments > Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games
31. Re: Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games Apr 19, 2013, 08:03 Wraith

PropheT wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 18:36:
Wraith wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 09:47:
Basically Capcom does not produce good games. Period. All they do is try to over-exploit their existing franchises created by people who knew what they were doing - and they do a poor job of it.

They have some of the most popular franchises around, which doesn't happen if you don't make good games (period).

No. They don't. Not even close. And you really need to pay attention to what I actually said which is that they over-exploit existing franchises created by people who knew what they were doing.

The fact that they'll churn out 23 variations on the 2D Street Fighter franchise to be jumped on by the same minute pack of hard-core fanboys does not mean they have "some of the most popular franchises around". The 2D fighter fan-market is insignificant next to Grand Theft Auto or Call of Duty.

Resident Evil 6 was a disappointment,
As was every Resident evil past RE4. A game more than 8 years old, FFS.

but SF vs. Tekken is outstanding
Oh God. Once again, the 2D fighter genre appeals to a hard-core set of fanboys which represent a pretty small market. Nobody cares.

- if marred by a shitty DLC plan. Dragon's Dogma is still my favorite game I played last year, and was a new IP, not a rehash or exploit of an existing franchise.
Mediocre Metacritic scores and global sales of 420,000 or around a million depending on who you believe - it's a flop.

Monster Hunter still continues to be extremely popular.
Only in Japan dude. Only in Japan. The entire Monster Hunter franchise has yet to crack 2 million sales - in total - in the US. Same goes for the rest of the world excluding Japan.

Thrashing a video game company because they make a lot of sequels is a bit silly considering how many of the games we see anymore are sequels no matter who is releasing them.
When your sequel is a bunch of level rebuilds and reskins of the same game mechanics which demonstrate you haven't generated an original idea in decades, then yes - you do deserve to be thrashed for your lack of creativity and inability to adapt to modern markets.

Fact is, Japan developers are being out-innovated and out-produced by US, French and Canadian developers. Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, Halo and Gears of War are the really big players in this marketplace and no Japan-originated property comes close. (Although the COD appeal is purely in production values - its gameplay is about as narrow and uninspired as you can get).

Show me the Capcom property which even comes close to the Assassin's Creed franchise (Franchise sales exceed 51 million units) let alone the 100+ million units of the Grand Theft Auto franchise or the 150+ million units of the COD franchise. You can't because there isn't one.

They're a second-rate publisher who haven't produced an original hit in over a decade. And the market is punishing them for their lack of creativity, originality and their inability to adapt.

It's notable that the same thing is happening to ID who simply refuse to acknowledge that nobody is interested in their simplistic notions of single-player game-play or their ongoing obsession with death-match. A refusal to adapt to the changing marketplace is an inevitable stride down the road to obsolescence.

News Comments > Team Bondi Closed?
5. Re: Team Bondi Closed? Apr 18, 2013, 10:11 Wraith

Big surprise. From what I hear though, Brendan's something of a total cocksucker, so it's good to hear no-one is prepared to finance his next piece of hubris.  

News Comments > Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games
4. Re: Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games Apr 18, 2013, 09:47 Wraith

Capcom management are responsible for their failure. The note about "AAA titles being concentrated in the hands of few foreign competitors" is an explanation OF their failure, not a valid reason for it.

Basically Capcom does not produce good games. Period. All they do is try to over-exploit their existing franchises created by people who knew what they were doing - and they do a poor job of it. DMC was successful specifically because the game design was done by a group outside of Capcom.

Both Lost Planet and Bionic Commando were rubbish which demonstrated an extremely immature concept of game design with poor production values.

Basically Japanese developers keep trying to do things cheap and nasty with game design philosophies from the 80's. That's not good enough when you're up against massive studios with hordes of creative people and indies with innovative game design ideas and mechanics.

Capcom has neither of these - which is why they lose.

News Comments > Flashback HD Officially Announced
2. Re: Flashback HD Officially Announced Apr 11, 2013, 09:28 Wraith

Seriously? Who gives a fuck? Putting a pretty face on 25 year old gameplay is lazy as fuck.

The world has moved on since then and while Flashback was barely acceptable for its day, right now it - and Another World - are ancient relics best forgotten.

It's just a platform game and by today's standards a somewhat mediocre one at that.

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall
2. Re: SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall Apr 9, 2013, 09:07 Wraith

What that tells me is that Square Enix are shit at sales projections - not that their franchises aren't doing well.

Fire the idiots in marketing. (Which, in general, is a good rule to live by).

News Comments > Big Sleeping Dogs DLC Plans
8. Re: Big Sleeping Dogs DLC Plans Aug 14, 2012, 09:09 Wraith

It's not DLC when it's on the fucking disk.

The only decent thing Square has done recently is Deux Ex: Human Revolution. Following Capcom down the on-disk DLC path is suicide.

News Comments > Battle.net Security Breach
18. Re: Battle.net Security Breach Aug 9, 2012, 20:00 Wraith

Prez wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 19:51:
All the bad press in the world isn't going to change the fact that Blizzard made around a trillion bucks off of Diablo 3 - what incentive do they have to change a thing?
They don't and they won't. Blizzard will continually churn out these mechanisms because World of Warcraft and Facebook have taught them that you can make money out of operant conditioning while providing almost nothing of actual value.

Just give up. Realise that every subsequent Blizzard release is going to be a pretty mask for the same old operant conditioning grind - because that's all they know how to produce. Blizzard hasn't innovated in more than a decade. The real gameplay story is elsewhere.

Stop talking about them, stop thinking about them, stop discussing their shit. Focus your attention on game companies who deliver value. You won't stop Blizzard from producing dreck for suckers but you will spend your time on something which provides value.

News Comments > Battle.net Security Breach
12. Re: Battle.net Security Breach Aug 9, 2012, 19:50 Wraith

This is the company which kept insisting no-one had been hacked and that everyone with an authenticator was safe.

Face it - Blizzard has been Kotick'd - the only people still playing their games are chumps who are exactly the kind of stupid people which Kotick and Pincus love to suck money out of.

Actual gamers can look elsewhere - Blizzard as a gaming house is dead.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive
49. Re: Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive May 20, 2012, 06:19 Wraith

Shit Brian, who cares if it's a fucking exclusive. You shouldn't be getting into bed with EA in the first fucking place when you're using Kickstarter money to fund you.

There's two very good reasons not to go Origin. The first is that Kickstarter changes the fundamental developer/publisher relationship and elevates the developer above the level of common serf.

Publishers screw over developers like you wouldn't believe and any independently funded project has an edge over the traditional arrangement which sees publishers use milestone cheques to hold the developer to ransom.

Do you seriously think Wasteland 2 is going to get a reputation for a positive gaming experience on EA's piece of shit distribution service? A service which is known for its many issues and which will give EA the opportunity to create unhappy customers by screwing you over.

EA does not want Kickstarter projects to succeed. It undermines their fundamental financial power when negotiating with a developer.

Second is that EA are basically the same piece of shit cock-suckers who've been screwing gamers over to an increasing degree. Supporting EA is like giving a ride to the abusive husband who beats his wife because he'll toss you some gas money. It's selling your principles out for a couple of bucks.

When you finance shit yourselves, I don't care what you do - when you're using Kickstarter dollars, you really need to demonstrate some ethical cojones. Because WHO these donations benefit is a question that everyone will be asking eventually.

Does anyone seriously think people give to Kickstarter projects so the leeches at Electronic Arts can make a buck out of it? At least have the decency to state that shit up front before you start putting your hand out and asking for cash.

55 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo