Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wraith

Real Name Wraith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wraith
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Intolerant
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 3, 2011, 22:49
Total Comments 91 (Suspect)
User ID 56201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer
16. Re: LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer Aug 29, 2015, 09:14 Wraith

Oh look, a class-based FPS. I seem to remember something called Team Fortress which did this nearly twenty fucking years ago.

Mind you, it's what I'd expect from Cliffy wee. The dude has no fucking creativity or understanding of gameplay whatsoever.

It looks FUCKING boring.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers
25. Re: Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers Aug 27, 2015, 09:24 Wraith

Ye Gods - dismal writing and a lazy voiceover performed by a completely disinterested voice-over artist.

I'm calling it now. This will be hand-made shit.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Syndicate Delayed
17. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Syndicate Delayed Aug 27, 2015, 09:21 Wraith

Seriously, it's Ubisoft. They tell us the same lie every goddamn year - it's cynical bullshit and after the absolute mess that was Unity, you'd have to be a damn fool to bother buying this year's ill-considered, poorly-designed by-the-numbers piece of shit.

For the record I enjoyed Black Flag immensely and thought Rogue was pretty good, but Syndicate was an unmitigated crapfest designed by a committee of idiots who don't know a damn thing about gameplay.

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Jul 14, 2015, 15:19 Wraith

On the one hand, I think Star Citizen is lurching towards disaster.

On the other hand, Derek Smart is an unsuccessful pseudo-developer who has no idea what he's talking about and no writing skill to speak of.

So technically I can't lose. Either way, some shithead is going down.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Announced
5. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 16:52 Wraith

That's a shit trailer, the tone is completely off.

Just tell me the fuckwit who came up with the three-colour ending isn't part of this.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch
4. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch May 9, 2015, 02:36 Wraith

Creston wrote on May 9, 2015, 02:23:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 8, 2015, 22:44:
I'm thinking all melee, or as much melee as possible for the next playthrough.

I tried that and ran into space issues a LOT. Too many small halls and rooms to fight in.

Anyone have any tips to beating
It's gotten worse since the patch but I came bloody close. Had her down to 1 star and must've been close to taking her out.

A) Wizard Spell: Confusion - this turns her against her own buddies.
B) Wizard Spells: Wall of flame and wall of force. The wall of force will keep hobbling her for a good amount of time and wall of flame will damage her.
C) Wizard Spell: Slicken

Buff like crazy with your priest, then cast time extension on your buffs. The biggest problem is the DR of 28 - You've got to hit hard and so a might-enhancing buff is mandatory.

News Comments > Project CARS Livery Pack Released; AMD Optimizations Coming
29. Re: Project CARS Livery Pack Released; AMD Optimizations Coming May 9, 2015, 02:31 Wraith

jdreyer wrote on May 8, 2015, 22:54:
Wraith wrote on May 8, 2015, 21:10:
Christ. The AMD fanboys here are pathetic.

Developers and IHV's exist in a symbiotic relationship. The hardware is meaningless without popular titles to exploit it. And developer relations is a critical aspect of any IHV's marketing arm.

AMD fucked up. As they usually do. Buggy drivers and poor support has always driven me to avoid their hardware and the AMD fanboys attempting to do damage control are fucking amusing.

I'll tell you exactly what happened. AMD didn't see Project CARS as important. They simply didn't think the developer was important enough for them to spend any time or effort providing support.

Now it's blown up in their face and the product is more popular than their marketing weenies anticipated, they're trying to do damage control, but the plain and simple fact is this: Nvidia came to the party and provided support. AMD didn't as a consequence of their ongoing arrogance and incompetence.

Suck it up, fanboys.

Dude, I have never even owned an ATI/AMD video card, but it seems obvious to me the responsibility in on the devs to reach out and get the attention of the only two discreet GPU makers on the planet. They can't afford to sit around and not follow up for months and months on an unanswered email or whatever. If they've been calling and emailing AMD weekly with no response, then you can blame AMD, but it doesn't sound like that was the case.
Dude, when you're a developer trying to actually ship a game, the last thing you have time for is a recalcitrant hardware vendor who can't be bothered to give you support.

Instead you'll focus on the hardware vendor who:

A) IS giving you support
B) Has majority market share (More than 2:1 at last count)
C) Doesn't treat you with contempt.

AMD broke the performance in their driver, despite having access to the developer code. They didn't care enough to test Project CARS agains their driver - probably because they were spending all their money on hookers and blow. They sure as shit don't put it into the quality of their drivers, that's for damn sure.

Blaming the developer for the idiocy of the IHV is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. The IHV has a massive amount of resources in comparison to the developer and it is very much incumbent on them to provide developers with all the support they can.

That is, if they actually want to gain some kind of market share - a goal AMD seems to have pretty much given up on.

News Comments > Project CARS Livery Pack Released; AMD Optimizations Coming
25. Re: Project CARS Livery Pack Released; AMD Optimizations Coming May 8, 2015, 21:10 Wraith

Christ. The AMD fanboys here are pathetic.

Developers and IHV's exist in a symbiotic relationship. The hardware is meaningless without popular titles to exploit it. And developer relations is a critical aspect of any IHV's marketing arm.

AMD fucked up. As they usually do. Buggy drivers and poor support has always driven me to avoid their hardware and the AMD fanboys attempting to do damage control are fucking amusing.

I'll tell you exactly what happened. AMD didn't see Project CARS as important. They simply didn't think the developer was important enough for them to spend any time or effort providing support.

Now it's blown up in their face and the product is more popular than their marketing weenies anticipated, they're trying to do damage control, but the plain and simple fact is this: Nvidia came to the party and provided support. AMD didn't as a consequence of their ongoing arrogance and incompetence.

Suck it up, fanboys.

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
43. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 9, 2015, 05:26 Wraith

Zor wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 01:36:
FPS gameplay has always been in the core design.
No it hasn't you ditzy twat, there's ZERO mention of it in the Kickstarter. It's just another of Robert's feature-creep additions so he doesn't have to get on with releasing the actual game.

This thing is going to tank hard. Not only did he choose totally the wrong engine for a fucking space game, but the online infrastructure he's going to need will be insane - except he's putting all the money into building endless fucking ships so he can keep the pyramid scheme running.

Make no mistake - I hope that, in the end, this fuck is held accountable. Because the failure of this boondoggle will destroy crowdfunding.

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
42. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 9, 2015, 05:23 Wraith

This fucking game is in feature-creep hell. Roberts has no idea what the fuck he's doing.  

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
70. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 2, 2015, 16:18 Wraith

Slick wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 05:00:
Wraith wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 03:50:
Christ, I loathe having to explain elementary business to morons, but here goes.

They have a business class at your elementary school?
Yes, it's very prestigious. It's the Silicon Valley version of those pageants for 4 year olds which seems so popular in redneck land.

Seriously though, you win the "angry guy on internet" award for this thread. In such a short time in this thread you've proven yourself to be a fuckwit of legendary proportions, and considering some of your competition in the last year on BN <3, that's really saying something. kudos.
Tragic. I'm not popular with a couple of nerdboy virgins on the internet. Boo hoo. I'll write out my will immediately.

Every sentence you write is dumber than the last. Every time I come up with a great comeback, I read your next line, have a mild brain aneurysm, and forget what i'm doing.

I think your post just gave me cancer, is what i'm trying to say.
No, I suspect trying to think gives you cancer. You have all the hallmarks of a fanboy with a terrifying Cheetos habit and a non-existent social circle. What do you do for an encore? Break out into hives at the thought of talking to a girl?

46. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 2, 2015, 03:50 Wraith

jdreyer wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 02:53:
Seriously, stop being an ass. This influx of cash can only help create a better product, unless FB does something really stupid. So far there is no indication they will.
Christ, I loathe having to explain elementary business to morons, but here goes.

$2 billion was the acquisition price, which goes nowhere except straight into Luckey's pocket. Oculus is now a Facebook company which means Facebook finances it.

Now. What do you think Facebook got for its $2 billion? Seriously try thinking for once.

The answer is patents. There's no way anyone spends $2 billion hoping to make a profit cranking out goofy looking VR helmets from a bunch of guys in a garage. Zuckerberg thinks he now owns VR and can sue anyone else. Right now in Facebook's fuckery department, there's a bunch of shitheads cranking out VR patents by the dozens if not hundreds. Patents on VR advertising. Patents on VR search. VR mediated gesture recognition. VR interfaces. The works.

Now, when you're unable to get a VR experience which hasn't been infested by Facebook, you'll be fucking complaining. The fact that some people can see a little further than you is really your own problem.

Luckey created this because he's excited about the tech.
Luckey's an asshole who exploited the gullible on Kickstarter. Nothing more.

Zuck bought this because he has $100B he doesn't know what to do with, and he's also a fan of the tech. End of story.
No, he has 36B and he spent 2 billion nailing down (he thinks) VR. I pointed out his reasons earlier, but you go right on believing he's some kind of techno-philanthropist. I presume you also believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.

Without this money, this product would not be nearly as far along.
Who the fuck cares. I'll take Valve's product. At least that wasn't financed by fucking people over and jumping in bed with the cancer of the internet.

42. removed Mar 2, 2015, 02:32 Wraith

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 2, 2015, 08:07.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2015, 01:12 Wraith

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 22:04:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 20:21:
I've been itching for a fun Space-based game to enjoy but I'm not in the market to give Gearbox any kind of money so I might look more in to Elite Dangerous and gift myself a joystick for my Birthday on Tuesday.
Yeah let's not reward a company when they do something right.
It crashes randomly all over the fucking place. They didn't do anything right - Gearbox is still fucking Gearbox.

38. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 2, 2015, 01:08 Wraith

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 21:53:
And that is why you need to read to the end. I thought you were going to say patent lawsuits. Obviously someone is sitting on a bunch of VR patents.
You think Zuckerberg paid 2 billion dollars for something that didn't involve Luckey filing a bunch of patents?

Five bucks says the fucking asshole has a filing with the patent office right now which claims he 'created VR'.

37. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 2, 2015, 00:48 Wraith

NKD wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 00:10:
Uh, what did Palmer Luckey ever do? He has literally no track record. All he's ever done is keep a relatively low profile and work on Oculus Rift as far as I can recall.

Took Kickstarter money and made 2 billion dollars out of it, then drove off into the sunset in a Ferrari yelling "Thanks for the free money, suckers!"

It's shit like this which is why nobody should EVER back Kickstarter hardware. Those original Kickstarters should have been investment partners. And frankly, I've come to think the entire Kickstarter model is exploitative. I hope it dies in a ditch real soon now.

Basically Luckey completely betrayed his backers by selling out to Facebook. If he'd confessed he was intending to do this, he would've gotten zip.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2015, 01:05.

34. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 1, 2015, 23:43 Wraith

Thank fuck. I've been hoping someone would bring out something to smack down that piece of shit Palmer Luckey and this sounds like it could be the go.

I'd also like to see Mark Zuckerburg write down his 2 billion dollar investment in Oculus as a tax loss - because let's face it, if there's anyone who didn't deserve to make a dime out of the future of VR, it's those two fucking assholes.

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
105. removed Feb 27, 2015, 02:26 Wraith

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 27, 2015, 07:35.

News Comments > Matthew Higby Leaves Daybreak/PlanetSide 2
9. Re: Matthew Higby Leaves Daybreak/PlanetSide 2 Feb 14, 2015, 05:20 Wraith

Ummm... who? This is kind of bottom of the barrel for news, isn't it?  

News Comments > John Romero Plays DOOM; Spills Beans
5. Re: John Romero Plays DOOM; Spills Beans Jan 21, 2015, 14:02 Wraith

Fuck, is this no-talent bozo STILL riding John Carmack's coat-tails?

Give it up John. Doom was good because of Carmack's engine. Quake was good because of Carmack's engine. You're a fucking level designer for fuck's sake.

This should be called "John Romero plays DOOM, bores onlookers."

91 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo