Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2357 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
25. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Nov 30, 2013, 14:15 jacobvandy

Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 13:53:
Most homes don't even have a pc anymore.

Way to talk out of your ass there, Johnson. The US Census reported in 2011 (latest year data is available) that 75.6% of households have at least one personal computer. If you're purporting that more than 1/3 of those households have gotten rid of it in favor of a tablet or some junk within the past two years, I might have to ask what exactly it is that you're smoking...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Black Friday Metaverse
14. Re: Black Friday Metaverse Nov 29, 2013, 23:12 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 13:22:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 11:52:
it would be worth a very swift $10 million today."

I don't understand a damn thing about bitcoins, but who exactly would he sell it too? Who is going to buy these things when they're floating on the largest bubble ever seen by humanity? It's not as if they're traded on NASDAQ and you can always sell. You actually need someone willing to pay the money.

Yeah, you wouldn't be able to offload them all at once. In fact, it'd be pretty stupid to do so, because you'd be driving your own price down. That's why the value has been fluctuating so wildly, people trading in high quantities. Just keep an eye on it and drop one or two hundred at a time, max.

News Comments > GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers
6. Re: GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers Nov 29, 2013, 15:18 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 13:16:
This new beta driver... ensures maximum performance and system stability across all titles

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit on that one.

Well 'maximum' is a relative term. They don't guarantee it's flawless, just that it's as good as it gets right now.

News Comments > State of Decay Breakdown DLC Delay?
7. Re: State of Decay Breakdown DLC Delay? Nov 29, 2013, 15:15 jacobvandy

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 15:01:
The inventory/item management interface is clunky - clearly this originated as a console game.

Brilliant deduction! :p It was an XBLA blockbuster last summer and is being ported to PC by popular demand. That's why it's early access; the game itself was already finished.

News Comments > On Sale
32. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2013, 18:14 jacobvandy

Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 18:12:
Decided to not buy Skyrim, had that Sleeping Dogs and Dead Island in my cart. Then I thought, I got 5 PC games yet to play and probably that many untouched PS3 games and not to mention I'm pretty much only playing GTA right now... and I'm thinking of buying more games?

C'mon man, there's always room for more!

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
25. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 17:23 jacobvandy

Dagnamit wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 15:43:
Atomic wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 14:38:
If you buy a GOTY edition that comes with all DLC, but already have the game and some of the DLC, can you gift the duplicates?

Yes, you can. (i think). at least that's how it worked when I purchased the Orange Box all those years ago.

Valve games are some of the very few that allow that, actually. They will always explicitly say that you can do so, whenever it is the case. Otherwise, your extra copies of whatever go to waste, in 99% of the bundles on Steam.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
16. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 12:06 jacobvandy

Biggest reason for newbies coming in and getting bored right away, is the shock of not having a dozen NPCs with exclamation points over their head standing in front of you. Outside of your main story quests, you don't have junk like that to blindly follow around. And you can't just beeline those, either, it requires you do other things and level up a bit in between. Go out and explore, see the sights, and jump in on nearby dynamic events. The vague and highly varied area-specific tasks provided by Renown Hearts marked on your map are the most structure you ever get in general gameplay.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 10:53 jacobvandy

Lol, flu shots...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million
26. Re: Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million Nov 26, 2013, 13:13 jacobvandy

InBlack wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 12:39:
Except it wasnt forcibly neutered by the publisher. It was in development hell aka Duke Nukem forever. If Microsoft hadnt stepped in and taken CR off the project the game would have never been released.

This is why I'm skeptical of Chris Roberts, yet again, promising the moon. He failed to deliver with Freelancer, and that was with publisher resources backing him up. That's probably why nobody wanted to touch him with this new project... Fortunately for CR, the general populace is a lot more gullible.

News Comments > SMITE and 100K Launch Tournament in March
1. Re: SMITE and 100K Launch Tournament in March Nov 26, 2013, 11:28 jacobvandy

Even if I were interested in another MOBA, I am definitely not interested in getting involved with another Hi-Rez game that will be abandoned after 1-2 years when they get bored and decide to make something new...  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2013, 00:18 jacobvandy

In other news, BF Goodrich reminds everyone that replacing your tires before the roads freeze is the best way to stay safe during winter holiday travel!  

News Comments > Steam Reviews Open Beta
30. Re: Steam Reviews Open Beta Nov 25, 2013, 18:07 jacobvandy

Looks like there might be a bug right now that prevents showing the actual amount of time people have played the game in some cases (probably where it was converted from a recommendation into a review), but yes, that stat is shown at the top of every review, right under where it says either "Recommended" or "Not Recommended" with a thumbs-up or thumbs-down.  

News Comments > Bully Sequel TMed
14. Re: Bully Sequel TMed Nov 25, 2013, 17:13 jacobvandy

It's a good time to release another Bully game for exactly that reason... All the free press from the controversy. If 6'8" 310 lb. football players can cry bully in the NFL, then the trend of everyone in America being a big fat pussy has peaked. Rockstar will be once again plastered all over the news, and rake in the cash.  

News Comments > Amazon Sales All Week
15. Re: Amazon Sales All Week Nov 25, 2013, 15:13 jacobvandy

Task wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 09:16:
Might as well just have Black Friday all year long, everything 5 dolla.

I can almost guarantee they're going to do the same thing to Christmas within the next 5-10 years. Fuck consumerism sometimes, man... Can't you just chill out at home with your family for a day or two, instead of worry about getting a goddamned TV or video game for half price? "No, no, little Johnny, we're waking up at 5AM on Dec. 25th so that we can BUY your presents, not open them!"

23. Re: Steam Reviews Open Beta Nov 25, 2013, 15:07 jacobvandy

Double post..  

22. Re: Steam Reviews Open Beta Nov 25, 2013, 15:06 jacobvandy

What I'm seeing now in the Steam store is that you can only review it if you own it. A little text input appears where the "You already own this game -- PLAY NOW" thing used to be.

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 14:54:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 14:43:
In general, a 74 is an average game. Nothing special, but not a waste of money, either. I'm not sure what more you could ask for when talking about a rehashed old-school FPS?

Ahh one of the illiterate masses...

All FPS games are rehashes, if you're going to use that logic we could ask why plenty of other FPS rehashes don't get that kind of score especially when they are infinitely worse?

What SW did was bring back more fast paced action oriented fps that can never go out of style when done right. I imagine you've played many 'rehashes' over the years since almost every videogame released is a rehash of past games. To say a game is 'a rehash' is pretty stupid since the design of the game matters more than the genre.

The same way call of duty 4 (the original) was genuinely a good game but then they milked it to death.

Haha, okay buddy. Lash out if it makes you feel better about yourself. It's not a rehash in the sense that it uses pre-existing mechanics, or is even a very similar sequel in a series... It's a DIRECT REMAKE of a game from 15 years ago. That's a fact. But go ahead and keep being so blinded by your fanboyism that you don't even notice I never actually stated my own opinion of it (what you quoted is the definition of the scale). In reality, I was agreeing with you that MetaCritic is often terrible in how it represents things. So eat me.

14. Re: Steam Reviews Open Beta Nov 25, 2013, 14:43 jacobvandy

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 14:26:
Pffft steam is doing this because many good games are getting shit reviews and many bad games are getting good ones.

Shadow warrior, without a doubt was one of the best FPS games of the last decade and it's sitting at fucking 73 on metacritic. This is just what we get when a generation of gamers is raised on halo and CoD/BF military wanking.

How the fuck anyone with any hint of what makes a good FPS can give Shadow warrior 2013 a fucking 74 (aka bad game) is pretty braindead.

Metacritic is fundamentally broken because they include people who are just fucking incompetent at game reviewing. You can see it in the user scores.

The User score for shadow warrior is higher then the MC rating.

In general, a 74 is an average game. Nothing special, but not a waste of money, either. I'm not sure what more you could ask for when talking about a rehashed old-school FPS? And that's assuming the already flawed method of using a 1-100 scale like they do in schools where anything under 60 is failing. Not everybody does that, either, which is the biggest problem with MetaCritic mashing them all up and even converting ratings out of 5 stars, etc. If a bunch of reviewers go by the philosophy that school grading is retarded because more than half the numbers are only degrees of how much it fucking sucks, and say 50 is average, it totally clashes with those rating everything that is decent 75+.

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $29M
33. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $29M Nov 23, 2013, 22:50 jacobvandy

Denthor wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 19:46:

With that budget how much of it was licensing (music etc)? How much was for big name V/A? How much for technical complications of memory management with parallel development (PS3/Xbox)?

I get your point tho, i'm skeptical as well - but big budget games *waste* so much money on seemingly frivolous stuff that doesn't really impact the game play a great deal rather it impacts their ability to market the game.

Time will tell i guess and like you i am hopeful they can pull it off.

Not a whole lot, lol... GTA V has the worst, most obscure soundtrack of all the games except maybe the one(s) where they produced much of the music themselves. And there are no big name voice actors in it at all. It's not like San Andreas where they had Sam Jackson as a major character. Looking at Wikipedia, the only person I vaguely recognize is the guy who used to play the little fat kid in Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete & Pete. No, the money for GTA V went to #1 marketing and #2 art production/modeling for the largest open world environment ever.

News Comments > Raven's Cry Next Year
3. Re: Raven's Cry next Year Nov 23, 2013, 20:25 jacobvandy

Yeah, skip the Guitar Hero minigame this time, and put that work into making the actual game better.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2013, 12:19 jacobvandy

The Matrix lawsuit thing is a lie. In fact, that propaganda website is only re-posting an article from about 10 years ago that itself was proven false.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/matrix.asp

2357 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo