Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2214 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week
11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week Sep 24, 2013, 18:49 jacobvandy

Hah, yeah, I've yet to be a part of beating him, and its only going to become a less common occurrence with people moving on to other things after the boss week event is over and he spawns less frequently. The good part of being on one of the most active and organized servers (Blackgate) is that they beat him almost every time now. But the bad part is that I'm always getting stuck in overflow, partly because of all the guesters from other servers trying to take advantage of our awesomeness!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
5. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 18:42 jacobvandy

Bitch. Low-life individuals like this one aren't exactly helping the situation of "gender equality" in the industry. Guys don't cry sexual harassment when they get their feelings hurt and quit in a huff...  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week Sep 24, 2013, 15:24 jacobvandy

It's been on sale for $27 at GMG the past several days, with a 25% voucher stacking on top of an existing 25% discount. The voucher was supposed to expire at the end of the weekend, but they extended it to Friday.

As for "fun 'til 80," there's still plenty to do at that point... It's very unlikely you've seen even half the world leveling one character up to the limit. World completion involves traveling around and uncovering all POIs, vistas, and the dynamic quest areas or "hearts," while hunting for achievements will lead you to the jumping puzzles, mini-dungeons and etc. that are completely overlooked by 90% of people because they are not marked on the map. Then there's PVP, group instances, lots of stuff. There's really no room for complaints in the absence of a subscription fee... If you burn yourself out, put it down for a while and come back later at your leisure.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2013, 15:30.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
14. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 23, 2013, 03:23 jacobvandy

Lord Tea wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 03:03:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 17:12:
PC gaming FTW! - Fuck you 180 and PS4!

yeah, and there will never be a console port of this because if you try to load a world that is 35 times as big as The Witcher 2 a console would explode.

But let the console kids play their beloved GTA V- that thing looks so 2002 LOL.

Yes, GTA V looks no better than Morrowind, or GTA III for that matter... Rolleyes

BTW, 35 times as big as The Witcher 2 is about on par with Skyrim/Oblivion/Fallout 3, and less than half the size of GTA V. Total area in Witcher 2 was a little less than 1.5 square kilometers, spread across several separate maps. But hey, anything to make it sound bigger, I guess, lol.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2013, 03:33.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2013, 00:17 jacobvandy

Well, good news for you folks... you CAN play State of Decay with keyboard/mouse, it's just they do not support it in any way at this time. It works, all the functions are bound to keys/clicks, but the controls had to be figured out and can't easily be changed, the UI still shows gamepad stuff, etc.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/241540/discussions/0/864979455419116215/

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
6. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 22, 2013, 17:53 jacobvandy

Well, count yourself lucky you didn't play it at release and quit in frustration before the end of the god awful and extremely difficult tutorial sequence...  

News Comments > World of Warplanes Takeoff Delayed
2. Re: World of Warplanes Takeoff Delayed Sep 20, 2013, 14:17 jacobvandy

Don't care. War Thunder kicks ass!  

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
21. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 16:30 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 14:39:
if we know who you are and you're abusing somebody on Twitter, we will ban your game account and we will not accept you as a customer ever again.

Hehe okay. You're going to ban people from using a product that they paid for because of actions taken completely irrelevant to said product or your company?

Good luck with that. Your lawyers will enjoy getting their ass handed to them in court, I'm sure.

Every SOE game is defined as a 'service' that can be revoked at their leisure, guaranteed. Saying you didn't read and/or didn't truly agree to their terms of service isn't a good way to win a lawsuit.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
34. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 17:05 jacobvandy

Interesting. I wonder what will happen to prices now that this has been announced. Everyone trying to sell of whatever they can for real money before it goes away, others trying to hoard as much gold as they can for private trading, etc?  

News Comments > Saints Row IV "GAT V" Pack Free Today
12. Re: Saints Row IV Sep 17, 2013, 11:25 jacobvandy

Total-Khaos wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 10:30:
Hmm...GAT V is released the same day as GTA V? Got to hand it to the SR4 folks for the marketing geniuses that they are.

Lol, yup, I love it! Steam description reads:

"Want to buy GAT V on PC? Too bad!" (Because the DLC's free, but also mocking us.)

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2013, 11:35.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
66. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 06:29 jacobvandy

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 00:35:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 00:29:
Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 00:10:
"Your Amazon.com order of "Grand Theft Auto V" has shipped!"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Saturday, I order a copy for my brother who is down on his luck. I got a notice saying it won't be there until the 19th. WTF? The Amazon page states FREE two day shipping and get it release day plus I've got Amazon Prime which is another way of getting it Free 2-Day. Still kind of wondering why it will be two days late. He has plenty of other stuff to play. I just hope he doesn't go out and buy it. He may trade in some old games or something. I wanted it to be a surprise... ah, Hell.

I ordered some games well in advance from Amazon with their "release day gurantee" the problem is, the gurantee doesn't mean shit. I got them all 2 days late while everyone else was playing. I opened a ticket and they ignored it.

Never again Amazon. Never again.

If your order was truly eligible for the release day guarantee -- the advertisement on the product page is NOT a promise to all, there are other factors including location -- and it wasn't a matter of the local carrier missing you when attempting delivery, etc., then they owe you for it being late. Probably a $5-10 gift card if the shipping was free, but if say you had paid for overnight, they'd refund you that cost. I've never been ignored by Amazon support, so I'm leaning toward it not having been their fault...

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
30. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 17:04 jacobvandy

Prez wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 16:56:
Like they say in the investment world, "past performance is not a guarantee of future results". That GTA3, Vice City, GTA4 and Liberty City Stories eventually made it to PC does not guarantee that GTA5 will as well. I certainly don't see it as a foregone conclusion like others do. After Read Dead Redemption stayed off PC despite huge demand nothing would surprise me.

Perhaps you missed the point made earlier -- different franchise, different developer, different situation. Anybody that assumed RDR would be coming to PC was deluding themselves without basis. It may not be a guarantee, but there is a hell of a lot more reason to be confident in a PC release of GTA V.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: Saturday Consolidation</p> <ul> <li> <a href= Sep 14, 2013, 18:08 jacobvandy

Disc copies leaked like, last Wed/Thur for both Xbox and PS3, so there's that.

Amazon guarantees release day delivery with two-day service, so that was fine with me. (Overnighting it wouldn't make it get here Monday though, unfortunately, I checked lol.)

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Patch Next Week
3. Re: Natural Selection 2 Patch Next Week Sep 14, 2013, 11:47 jacobvandy

The most recent was like their third free weekend, wasn't it?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2013, 14:14 jacobvandy

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 14:00:
A shitty control mechanism that is objectively inferior for certain types of games (read: games requiring a decent degree of precision) is a pretty good reason to favor the PC.

Read what he said again... That's not even close to it. Flat-out refusing to play console games at all (or even PC games that would benefit from a gamepad) and insisting that 15+ year old PC games are better purely because you can use M/KB is just idiotic.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2013, 14:28.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Berlin Diary
4. Re: Shadowrun Returns Berlin Diary Sep 13, 2013, 14:09 jacobvandy

Yeah, I definitely picked the wrong speech knowledge (socialite or whatever it was called), only got to use it once. If you pick police/military or corporate, you have SO many more opportunities. Waste of karma.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins PhysX Trailer
9. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins PhysX Trailer Sep 13, 2013, 14:03 jacobvandy

Spektr wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 12:01:
to be honest when I was read the title I was in the "oh another physX demo" state of mind.. but it kinda blew me away. the soft shadow getting sharper near light source trick is something that I have been looking forward to for a while but I was kinda expecting to come out of a standard shader and new hardware not from a physx trick.

They're not showing that off as a specific thing enabled by PhysX at all. Contact-hardening shadows are a DirectX 11 feature, and they've been around for at least 4 years. STALKER: Call of Pripyat and Crysis 2 had them, as examples, and I'm sure the Metro games do, too.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2013, 13:45 jacobvandy

BobBob wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 12:55:
I'd rather play a game with a keyboard and mouse, made in the 1990's, than having to use a console's game controller.

Douchey statements like this are why people have such disdain for PC gamers... If you're going to be an elitist, at least have a good reason.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Sep 13, 2013, 00:11 jacobvandy

Just gotta click on the promo image and it'll take you to the sale page, daily deal(s) on top.  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Sep 12, 2013, 21:57 jacobvandy

walrus1 wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 21:56:
Dev wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 21:27:
WOW SUCH A BIG ACTIVISION SALE ITS...
25% off
yawn
My thoughts exactly. At first I thought maybe it was 25% off all the games and then daily sales you know like every other publisher sale but nope. I'm beginning to think I'll never get Modern Warfare 3... such a shame right?

That's exactly what it is...? Today is Prototype series, 66% off.

2214 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo