Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2204 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
66. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 06:29 jacobvandy

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 00:35:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 00:29:
Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 00:10:
"Your Amazon.com order of "Grand Theft Auto V" has shipped!"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Saturday, I order a copy for my brother who is down on his luck. I got a notice saying it won't be there until the 19th. WTF? The Amazon page states FREE two day shipping and get it release day plus I've got Amazon Prime which is another way of getting it Free 2-Day. Still kind of wondering why it will be two days late. He has plenty of other stuff to play. I just hope he doesn't go out and buy it. He may trade in some old games or something. I wanted it to be a surprise... ah, Hell.

I ordered some games well in advance from Amazon with their "release day gurantee" the problem is, the gurantee doesn't mean shit. I got them all 2 days late while everyone else was playing. I opened a ticket and they ignored it.

Never again Amazon. Never again.

If your order was truly eligible for the release day guarantee -- the advertisement on the product page is NOT a promise to all, there are other factors including location -- and it wasn't a matter of the local carrier missing you when attempting delivery, etc., then they owe you for it being late. Probably a $5-10 gift card if the shipping was free, but if say you had paid for overnight, they'd refund you that cost. I've never been ignored by Amazon support, so I'm leaning toward it not having been their fault...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
30. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 17:04 jacobvandy

Prez wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 16:56:
Like they say in the investment world, "past performance is not a guarantee of future results". That GTA3, Vice City, GTA4 and Liberty City Stories eventually made it to PC does not guarantee that GTA5 will as well. I certainly don't see it as a foregone conclusion like others do. After Read Dead Redemption stayed off PC despite huge demand nothing would surprise me.

Perhaps you missed the point made earlier -- different franchise, different developer, different situation. Anybody that assumed RDR would be coming to PC was deluding themselves without basis. It may not be a guarantee, but there is a hell of a lot more reason to be confident in a PC release of GTA V.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: Saturday Consolidation</p> <ul> <li> <a href= Sep 14, 2013, 18:08 jacobvandy

Disc copies leaked like, last Wed/Thur for both Xbox and PS3, so there's that.

Amazon guarantees release day delivery with two-day service, so that was fine with me. (Overnighting it wouldn't make it get here Monday though, unfortunately, I checked lol.)

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Patch Next Week
3. Re: Natural Selection 2 Patch Next Week Sep 14, 2013, 11:47 jacobvandy

The most recent was like their third free weekend, wasn't it?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2013, 14:14 jacobvandy

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 14:00:
A shitty control mechanism that is objectively inferior for certain types of games (read: games requiring a decent degree of precision) is a pretty good reason to favor the PC.

Read what he said again... That's not even close to it. Flat-out refusing to play console games at all (or even PC games that would benefit from a gamepad) and insisting that 15+ year old PC games are better purely because you can use M/KB is just idiotic.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2013, 14:28.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Berlin Diary
4. Re: Shadowrun Returns Berlin Diary Sep 13, 2013, 14:09 jacobvandy

Yeah, I definitely picked the wrong speech knowledge (socialite or whatever it was called), only got to use it once. If you pick police/military or corporate, you have SO many more opportunities. Waste of karma.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins PhysX Trailer
9. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins PhysX Trailer Sep 13, 2013, 14:03 jacobvandy

Spektr wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 12:01:
to be honest when I was read the title I was in the "oh another physX demo" state of mind.. but it kinda blew me away. the soft shadow getting sharper near light source trick is something that I have been looking forward to for a while but I was kinda expecting to come out of a standard shader and new hardware not from a physx trick.

They're not showing that off as a specific thing enabled by PhysX at all. Contact-hardening shadows are a DirectX 11 feature, and they've been around for at least 4 years. STALKER: Call of Pripyat and Crysis 2 had them, as examples, and I'm sure the Metro games do, too.

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2013, 13:45 jacobvandy

BobBob wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 12:55:
I'd rather play a game with a keyboard and mouse, made in the 1990's, than having to use a console's game controller.

Douchey statements like this are why people have such disdain for PC gamers... If you're going to be an elitist, at least have a good reason.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Sep 13, 2013, 00:11 jacobvandy

Just gotta click on the promo image and it'll take you to the sale page, daily deal(s) on top.  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Sep 12, 2013, 21:57 jacobvandy

walrus1 wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 21:56:
Dev wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 21:27:
WOW SUCH A BIG ACTIVISION SALE ITS...
25% off
yawn
My thoughts exactly. At first I thought maybe it was 25% off all the games and then daily sales you know like every other publisher sale but nope. I'm beginning to think I'll never get Modern Warfare 3... such a shame right?

That's exactly what it is...? Today is Prototype series, 66% off.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2013, 14:02 jacobvandy

Graphical corruption is almost always an issue with video hardware. Drivers themselves very rarely cause artifacts, especially in 2D mode (not running a game). Either your GPU cooler is not seated properly and it's overheating just by getting power or something else on the board is messed up. Swap it out.  

News Comments > Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development
12. Re: Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development Sep 10, 2013, 14:00 jacobvandy

Optional Nickname! wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 13:06:
Dev .planned : "They didn't join steam earlier because it was competing with impulse, but now that that's not a problem"

Losing Impulse, let alone losing Impulse to SteamDRM, is in no way a good thing.

Less competition means less choice which is a problem.

Impulse still exists... It's just owned and operated by GameStop, so for many people it may as well not.

Count me among those who rebought Demigod, SOASE, and the like on Steam just to avoid that bloated disaster.

News Comments > Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development
7. Re: Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development Sep 10, 2013, 09:13 jacobvandy

It's the fantasy RPG version of Civilization with tactical combat. It has enough character progression, loot, quests, etc. that describing it as merely having RPG elements doesn't do it justice.  

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Sep 9, 2013, 18:34 jacobvandy

Even at that cost, they only have to sell what, 10 million to break even? They're going to end up doing 3-4 times that probably.  

News Comments > DayZ Video Blog
12. Re: DayZ Video Blog Sep 9, 2013, 03:33 jacobvandy

They're using what's unofficially referred to as the ARMA 2.5 engine, which was the base for Take On Helicopters.  

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
33. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 15:38 jacobvandy

finga wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 15:02:
I just couldn't understand why they made the cap on item prices $250. That's a ridiculous number. $2.50 would have been much more reasonable.

Even then, any $ amount shows a basic failure in itemization design and I refuse to play a Diablo III with a real-money auction house as a result. Hell, even a gold auction house bugs me. I'm actually thinking of picking up D3 on consoles for some casual living room play since it lacks the RMAH, although I'd want to find out more about whether the drop rates were change to adjust for the lack of the auction house.

You act as if the cap actually does anything to prevent people from setting prices any higher.... A lot of people pay a lot more than $250 for items. They just have to do it indirectly via gold in P2P trade, because gold prices are limited as well in the AH, so there is no transaction fee being paid. The best items are traded for BILLIONS of gold, so even taking into account how cheap gold is with the inflation (currently $2 for 50 million), spending $1000+ for a single item still happens. Capping it at $2.50 would be even worse for ActiBlizzard and cause them to miss out on even more commission than they already do.

News Comments > Timelines: Assault On America Trailer
6. Re: Timelines: Assault On America Trailer Sep 5, 2013, 21:53 jacobvandy

So how many "roses" did they have to send your way to promote this game, Blue? Or maybe a family member is working on it?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Sep 5, 2013, 21:45 jacobvandy

Unfortunately, a lot of the stigma has to do with the perception that vidya games are just a bunch of baloney that the young'ns waste too much of their time on. We may have to wait for another generation or two to die off before the medium is accepted as capable of legitimate artistic expression by the general population. Maybe by then the gender distribution will even out more, too, so we don't get so much bitching about misogyny...  

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
21. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 12:06 jacobvandy

There are plenty of things to trade on Steam besides trading cards... But my main concern with this new feature has already been brought up: there are plenty of people out there who friend-request or message strangers because they're interested in trading. Now you'll get unsolicited offers straight away. I could set my inventory to private, I guess, but I don't like being forced to do so because that removes some functionality of anything out there that uses the web API.  

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 4, 2013, 16:04 jacobvandy

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 15:52:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 14:42:
Without a doubt, eight controllers at once makes Xbox a must buy!

You know back in the day we all played Golden Eye on 19 inch TVs in four player split screen. Now the screen real estate has more than tripled in most peoples homes (assuming 46inch), so why not have eight player split screen? Everyone gets a Brady Bunch square.

In all seriousness, they'd better have at least two display outputs on that thing. Being able to 4v4 locally on separate screens (like you can do with two consoles on Xbox and/or 360) with one machine would be a decent feature.

2204 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo