Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2961 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Cheaters Banned
7. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 11:57 jacobvandy

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:49:
Tim Collins wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:13:
Word from the wise....unless your coke'd up or on Adderal don't bother seriously competing in video games.

Only play video games to have fun...word from the wise.

One of my friends was part of this ban. Saw him get away with it since launch. It really killed my love of gaming and totally turned me off of Diablo 3 and many other games.

He is planning on going to Grim Dawn.

What was he doing?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
11. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 11:55 jacobvandy

I've played 20 hours and have still yet to go to the second map... so YMMV, just like any game. I'm the type of guy to do all the side missions and explore and such in an open world game, not just rush through the story. "Only two maps" isn't really a fair criticism when one of them is the size of several of the original empty, linear Dead Island maps sewn together and also stacked on top of each other.

As for the DLC... If I spot the season pass on a good sale, 50% off or so, I might grab it. Bozak sounds good, depending on the size of the map, and the missions could be interesting, but I really don't care about new outfits or blueprints unless the latter are actually unique. Most of the blueprints I've found so far just add damage and/or an elemental effect. How about a boomerang module so weapons come back after you throw them, some bait to lure zombies into fighting bandits, or mods for guns?

News Comments > Interstellar Marines Free Weekend
7. Re: Interstellar Marines Free Weekend Feb 9, 2015, 23:58 jacobvandy

Yes it's Unity, in fact you used to be able to play the whole thing through your browser before they transitioned to Steam EA. But what they have now, single-player wise, is nothing compared to the campaign they're supposed to be working on. I don't even know anymore.  

News Comments > Nuclear Union Now Project 5
5. Re: Nuclear Union Now Project 5 Feb 9, 2015, 16:31 jacobvandy

I wonder if they're gonna polish up those graphics? It looks like the same engine and assets they used for Men of War, which are not exactly made to be examined up close, heh.  

News Comments > Dying Light Mod Tool Plans
10. Re: Dying Light Mod Tool Plans Feb 7, 2015, 01:12 jacobvandy

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 23:47:
The last fight requires quick time events so I recant nearly all praise I have of this game. I don't give a shit if it's even a 'hit any key' button, talk about using bullshit mechanics in a game that had none up until that point.

I'd be willing to trade it for Wolfenstein The New Order now.

Flip-flopper! A great game isn't a bad game because of one flaw. It just has that one flaw. There's plenty of shit wrong with Skyrim, but you ignore it because the rest of the game is that. fucking. good. You're just being overdramatic.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 6, 2015, 16:49 jacobvandy

It seemed pretty obvious to me that he meant you can rent a game, say for several days, as opposed to buying it to keep. I don't think that has anything to do with playing it as a free demo for an hour or whatever.  

News Comments > Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support
10. Re: Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support Feb 2, 2015, 14:26 jacobvandy

jomisab wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 13:14:
Interesting bit they added to the GeForce tweak guide about the changes in the 1.2.1 patch.

Dying Light Graphics & Performance Guide

"Investigating these changes, we have discovered a significant reduction to the maximum View Distance range, decreasing the amount of detail rendered, thereby improving performance. The catalyst for this change appears to be a vocal minority who expect max settings in PC games to run flawlessly on every system, and decry games that fail to meet this standard as "unoptimized". By reducing the view distance, performance has been 'fixed' and the vocal minority placated, as can be seen in many a Dying Light forum thread."

Fortunately, they also document a workaround to restore the old level of detail.

Wow... That false sense of entitlement is so pervasive, it's even REDUCING the graphics quality of games. Makes me sad that "PC gamers" these days (or at least enough of them to affect what developers do) really want a more console-like experience, because they can't handle the responsibility of having more options. GG.

Thanks for the tip, though.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2015, 14:31.

News Comments > Windows 10 Free with Raspberry Pi 2
2. Re: Windows 10 Free with Raspberry Pi 2 Feb 2, 2015, 12:13 jacobvandy

Well it does say it's "a version of Windows 10 that supports Raspberry Pi 2." So probably cut-down to some degree.  

News Comments > Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support
2. Re: Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support Feb 2, 2015, 12:06 jacobvandy

Yeah... People love to be in an uproar. They don't stop to think about whether they really have a reason for it. Idiot redditors can fuck off.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 1, 2015, 13:43 jacobvandy

I don't even bother trying to call Comcast when I have a problem anymore, I just write their corporate customer care and they get shit done FAST. Of course, they don't promote this in any way, insisting on their site that they do not offer email support...

It's we_can_help@cable.comcast.com if you ever need it. You get a real person reading your email (take the time to explain in detail and include your account info) and they will call you or reply within a day, usually.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 31, 2015, 12:15 jacobvandy

They meant the level design and etc., it does look pretty sweet.

Here's a link straight to the video if you can't help but throw up a bit in your mouth at the thought of clicking over to Kotaku:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwPkPCvy-GA

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 31, 2015, 11:59 jacobvandy

Well if our entire country were about the size of California, we wouldn't have such problems laying out fiber everywhere either.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
9. Re: Evening Patches Jan 31, 2015, 10:54 jacobvandy

True, but altering the UI or appearance of other players to be more noticeable can be just as advantageous in a game where darkness is a major mechanic.  

7. Re: Evening Patches Jan 31, 2015, 02:27 jacobvandy

Vio wrote on Jan 31, 2015, 01:29:
Lol, the purpose is to stop any modding that can occur so they can sell their DLCs later. "saving the players from the nasty cheaters" is just sugar coating.

If they try to sell UI options or a more advanced graphics options menu or a difficulty rebalanced for more realism, then you can come back and say you told us so.

4. Re: Evening Patches Jan 30, 2015, 19:18 jacobvandy

Well that's the problem you run into where PVP gameplay is involved. It's no longer "oh let them do whatever they want, they're not hurting anybody." You have to consider fairness to other players.  

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Video
6. Re: Sid Meier's Starships Video Jan 30, 2015, 18:28 jacobvandy

I couldn't get through even two minutes of that gameplay. He is a HORRIBLE broadcaster and public speaker. It's 50% words and 50% smacking lips, gasping breaths, and UM, AH, UH. It's really awful.  

News Comments > Dead State Demo
4. Re: Dead State Demo Jan 30, 2015, 01:38 jacobvandy

I always get this one mixed up with State of Decay. It literally describes the same exact thing until you get to 'turn-based combat.'  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jan 28, 2015, 23:16 jacobvandy

It's on sale in celebration OF the big new patch (just downloaded, it's almost 900MB). I plan to try it out again soon.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/211820/announcements/detail/159085165359951726

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups
33. Re: Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups Jan 28, 2015, 17:27 jacobvandy

DangerDog wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 15:36:
I could see maybe one or two keys being purchased with a stolen CC but why wouldn't Origin red flag a sale for say more than five keys on one credit card.

And what of the people who did the CC fraud in the first place, I guess they got away with it.

Why should Origin care? People buy games for their friends all the time.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably)
5. Re: Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably) Jan 28, 2015, 12:38 jacobvandy

It actually looks like the 3rd will be the day, as they're promoting it more solidly now. By which I mean they have a banner in the launcher stating it without the caveat. What Blue quoted is stuff they were saying 2-3 weeks ago. They must have edited it or something yesterday and the date got changed, because that entire article is old information.

I'll just be glad the season is over... I'm not chomping at the bit to get started in season two, I just want my paragon XP combined and my grift 35 Condemn Crusader to carry over with all the loot I've found and have been saving for other characters.

2961 Comments. 149 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo