Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2951 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Season 2 Begins
4. Re: Diablo III Season 2 Begins Feb 14, 2015, 14:55 jacobvandy

They should have made the new content update season-only at first... Then you'd see people actually give a shit about participating. :p  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Season 2 Begins
2. Re: Diablo III Season 2 Begins Feb 14, 2015, 14:15 jacobvandy

I'm not particularly impressed by any of the exclusive legendaries this time around (of which there are very few, only one per class), but there's no harm in leveling up one toon to earn the banner flair and transmogs.  

News Comments > AO Hatred Steam Listing Offers Specs
12. Re: AO Hatred Steam Listing Offers Specs Feb 13, 2015, 13:47 jacobvandy

Well, I'm not sure this is what Gabe wanted when he stood up for this game, but there's no turning back now that it's rated AO. I would expect there to be more to follow, since the precedent has been set.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns PvP Details
7. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns PvP Details Feb 13, 2015, 13:39 jacobvandy

Guild Wars has ALWAYS been the anti-power-creep MMO. If that's what you want, you're playing the wrong game. But hey, they never planned to put out Ascended gear, either, so I guess if you bitch about it enough they will put out another tier eventually.  

5. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns PvP Details Feb 13, 2015, 12:41 jacobvandy

We'll see. At best it will be gating off content in the expansion only, whereas more levels and a new tier of gear would require rebalancing everything else, too. And I'm not as convinced as you are that it will take a long time to get your Masteries up in order to be able to do everything.  

2. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns PvP Details Feb 13, 2015, 12:09 jacobvandy

What do you mean? That they're not adding more length to the treadmill like most other MMOs would with an expansion is an issue for you? You're saying you've long since earned yourself a full set of Ascended gear for each of your characters and are yearning for something even more difficult to grind for months to get? If that's the case, I'm glad they're not catering to your niche...  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
6. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 12, 2015, 19:56 jacobvandy

Heh, I like how far they have to reach to boast about the game that did the least to contribute to their earnings. "It's the BEST! (of this genre and released in this arbitrary period of time that does not even specify to have included any other releases)"  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 11, 2015, 13:21 jacobvandy

PHJF wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 13:19:
Verno wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 09:34:
It looks pretty boring to be honest. A cover shooter loaded with QTEs and scripted sequences. Meh.

Well that is what Uncharted is, but at least that had fun characters and exotic locations.

Lol, okay trollbait.

News Comments > Rare Vets Plan Banjo-Kazooie Successor
4. Re: Rare Vets Plan Banjo-Kazooie Successor Feb 11, 2015, 13:12 jacobvandy

Sounds great to me! I grew up on that stuff. I hope this goes well and maybe they can do another shooter afterward.  

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
16. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 12:37 jacobvandy

Acleacius wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 12:02:
jacobvandy Dying Lights first map is big but it's not any bigger than the first map of Dead Island. So I'm not sure how you see the comparison as unfair, it's apples to apples comparison. Additionally I said the game was about half the length of Dead Island, which is accurate as well.

You're out of your mind. You can't just look at a map like this and say "oh, that's about the size of the one in Dying Light!" At least half of that map is not playable, most of the roads are surrounded on both sides by tall cliffs... Totally unreachable and MEANT to be barriers for the purpose of limiting draw distances. Try convincing the developers who made both games of what you're saying and they'd laugh you out of the room. Here's an interview where one of them states it's 3-4 times the size of Dead Island (it's a little unclear, I think he's referring to whole games rather than single map zones).

News Comments > Diablo III Cheaters Banned
7. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 11:57 jacobvandy

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:49:
Tim Collins wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:13:
Word from the wise....unless your coke'd up or on Adderal don't bother seriously competing in video games.

Only play video games to have fun...word from the wise.

One of my friends was part of this ban. Saw him get away with it since launch. It really killed my love of gaming and totally turned me off of Diablo 3 and many other games.

He is planning on going to Grim Dawn.

What was he doing?

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
11. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 11:55 jacobvandy

I've played 20 hours and have still yet to go to the second map... so YMMV, just like any game. I'm the type of guy to do all the side missions and explore and such in an open world game, not just rush through the story. "Only two maps" isn't really a fair criticism when one of them is the size of several of the original empty, linear Dead Island maps sewn together and also stacked on top of each other.

As for the DLC... If I spot the season pass on a good sale, 50% off or so, I might grab it. Bozak sounds good, depending on the size of the map, and the missions could be interesting, but I really don't care about new outfits or blueprints unless the latter are actually unique. Most of the blueprints I've found so far just add damage and/or an elemental effect. How about a boomerang module so weapons come back after you throw them, some bait to lure zombies into fighting bandits, or mods for guns?

News Comments > Interstellar Marines Free Weekend
7. Re: Interstellar Marines Free Weekend Feb 9, 2015, 23:58 jacobvandy

Yes it's Unity, in fact you used to be able to play the whole thing through your browser before they transitioned to Steam EA. But what they have now, single-player wise, is nothing compared to the campaign they're supposed to be working on. I don't even know anymore.  

News Comments > Nuclear Union Now Project 5
5. Re: Nuclear Union Now Project 5 Feb 9, 2015, 16:31 jacobvandy

I wonder if they're gonna polish up those graphics? It looks like the same engine and assets they used for Men of War, which are not exactly made to be examined up close, heh.  

News Comments > Dying Light Mod Tool Plans
10. Re: Dying Light Mod Tool Plans Feb 7, 2015, 01:12 jacobvandy

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 23:47:
The last fight requires quick time events so I recant nearly all praise I have of this game. I don't give a shit if it's even a 'hit any key' button, talk about using bullshit mechanics in a game that had none up until that point.

I'd be willing to trade it for Wolfenstein The New Order now.

Flip-flopper! A great game isn't a bad game because of one flaw. It just has that one flaw. There's plenty of shit wrong with Skyrim, but you ignore it because the rest of the game is that. fucking. good. You're just being overdramatic.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 6, 2015, 16:49 jacobvandy

It seemed pretty obvious to me that he meant you can rent a game, say for several days, as opposed to buying it to keep. I don't think that has anything to do with playing it as a free demo for an hour or whatever.  

News Comments > Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support
10. Re: Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support Feb 2, 2015, 14:26 jacobvandy

jomisab wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 13:14:
Interesting bit they added to the GeForce tweak guide about the changes in the 1.2.1 patch.

Dying Light Graphics & Performance Guide

"Investigating these changes, we have discovered a significant reduction to the maximum View Distance range, decreasing the amount of detail rendered, thereby improving performance. The catalyst for this change appears to be a vocal minority who expect max settings in PC games to run flawlessly on every system, and decry games that fail to meet this standard as "unoptimized". By reducing the view distance, performance has been 'fixed' and the vocal minority placated, as can be seen in many a Dying Light forum thread."

Fortunately, they also document a workaround to restore the old level of detail.

Wow... That false sense of entitlement is so pervasive, it's even REDUCING the graphics quality of games. Makes me sad that "PC gamers" these days (or at least enough of them to affect what developers do) really want a more console-like experience, because they can't handle the responsibility of having more options. GG.

Thanks for the tip, though.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2015, 14:31.

News Comments > Windows 10 Free with Raspberry Pi 2
2. Re: Windows 10 Free with Raspberry Pi 2 Feb 2, 2015, 12:13 jacobvandy

Well it does say it's "a version of Windows 10 that supports Raspberry Pi 2." So probably cut-down to some degree.  

News Comments > Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support
2. Re: Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support Feb 2, 2015, 12:06 jacobvandy

Yeah... People love to be in an uproar. They don't stop to think about whether they really have a reason for it. Idiot redditors can fuck off.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 1, 2015, 13:43 jacobvandy

I don't even bother trying to call Comcast when I have a problem anymore, I just write their corporate customer care and they get shit done FAST. Of course, they don't promote this in any way, insisting on their site that they do not offer email support...

It's we_can_help@cable.comcast.com if you ever need it. You get a real person reading your email (take the time to explain in detail and include your account info) and they will call you or reply within a day, usually.

2951 Comments. 148 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo