Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2052 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Terraria 2 Plans
4. Re: Terraria 2 Plans Oct 3, 2013, 22:48 jacobvandy

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 21:44:
Got his second wind after retiring?

He never retired, he just announced he was done with the first game and was moving on. We find out later (not today, this has been known for months) that he was wanting to move on to the sequel, but decided to go back and work on free content for this one for a while instead.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 3, 2013, 18:05 jacobvandy

I think they have too many radio stations now. They should just go back to how it was in like GTA III or VC, with 6-8 stations that each have playlists around 2 hours long. And a full-time talk station, WTF is up with them switching that one to music part of the time?  

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 3, 2013, 15:57 jacobvandy

No, no, no, the best Trevor attire has to be the sun dress... Switched to him and he was passed out drunk on the top of a mountain, wearing a dress! Stumbled down to the nearest road, stole a car, and then decided I was way too far away from any missions. So I switched to Franklin and started one at his house, which Trevor shows up to still wearing the dress. (Even funnier, it was the one where he trips over the fence and gets pissed at F for laughing. He storms off in a huff, punching out a random stranger on the street, IN A DRESS. Rotfl )  

News Comments > Terraria Patched
23. Re: Terraria Patched Oct 1, 2013, 20:05 jacobvandy

Bhruic wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 19:01:
I also love the ability to run up single blocks. I knew that was going to really help, and it does.

Lol, I forgot about that. Probably because I'm still not used to it and end up jumping every curb most of the time like always.

News Comments > Terraria Patched
20. Re: Terraria Patched Oct 1, 2013, 17:47 jacobvandy

Forget all the new content... The in-game map is a game-changer! Stacking up to 999 instead of 250 is great, too.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this guy does with Terraria 2, now that he has the resources to do basically whatever he wants.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2013, 20:38 jacobvandy

Axis wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 19:54:
Well you obviously aren't a backer since you think there "were" 'weekly development diarays' and said followup development.

Of course they're going to appear busy when they come onto steam. I don't care if you buy it or not, I don't care if the devs finish it, but I won't brown my nose on dev ass. And I will inform the masses. If anything, sounds like the defiant "oh they're the best!' butthurts just bought it and are doing the 'Ra Ra" for the devs in hopes they didn't get screwed.

Actually I am a backer, and I am not blind. They have been posting dev diaries almost every single Friday since the KS ended at http://www.sauropodstudio.com/blog/. I don't read them all, like I don't really keep up with every update any of the KS projects I back put out, but these guys are by far one of the most prolific communicators out there. Much more so than even Obsidian or inXile. To insist otherwise only proves how far you have your head up your own ass.

Telling you that you are flat-out wrong isn't brown-nosing. I don't have any more love for Sauropod than I do any of the other indies I've Kickstarted at the bottom tier. I tried the prototype when it came out, and frankly it sucked, but I paid $15 because I felt the final product would be interesting and wanted to help make it happen while also getting it at the early discount price.

I've got better things to do than sit around waiting for updates (always many other games to play, too), but if I occasionally decide to fire it up and see how it's going, I can and do. Those that want to give feedback play more often and take a more active role... I just want the game when it's done. I'm not worried about delays happening when they vastly increase the scope of the project due to raising more than 800% of their initial funding goal, and I certainly wouldn't consider myself "screwed" if I were suddenly out that measly $15. Maybe you should start your own Kickstarter if you feel differently on that?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2013, 18:29 jacobvandy

Man, some people are just willfully ignorant... You mean to tell me that everything they talk about in their weekly development diaries, is not actually happening? Just because they're not pushing updates out fast enough to meet your self-entitled demands, that doesn't mean work isn't being done. Feel free to ignore the game until it's finished, you are not and never were forced to buy it now or fund it back then.  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
8. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 15:05 jacobvandy

Dead Island is/was a cool concept that suffered through implementation. If they come up with another iteration of the idea that is more refined and user-friendly, I'm all for it.  

News Comments > Steam Controller Announced
69. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2013, 14:13 jacobvandy

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 10:03:
The hardware business is a tough one. Valve are not Microsoft or Sony. If they try to mass produce this thing I see them going bankrupt.

LOL. Gabe could produce several million of these things with the money saved from switching to regular toilet paper for a year (instead of gold foil-embossed $500 bills made with his picture on it).

News Comments > Steam Controller Announced
18. Re: Steam Controller Announced Sep 27, 2013, 22:18 jacobvandy

Obviously something like this (emulating keyboard/mouse actions) is needed in order to play any of the plethora of games that are not built with controller support, but there's not much chance of it being any better at playing gamepad-centric games than existing gamepads. The issue of button placement have already been brought up... Those ones on the left will only ever be used in games that do not feature any sort of direct movement control. But an analog stick is already superior to WASD at direct movement, so why emulate the latter? Is ambidexterity really a good enough reason to go with the owl face instead of just replacing a right thumb stick with a touch pad?

And forget about playing shooters with this thing, I've tried that before on a laptop and it's just a ridiculous swipe-frenzy if you don't tweak the sensitivity to the point where any slip of the thumb/fore-finger will make you stare into the sky. I think they pretty much have to have the analog functionality of increasing movement speed toward the edge of the circle to combat that, so it's really only going to be accurate there for smaller, precise movements like sniping.

News Comments > GTA Online Microtransactions Confirmed
20. Re: GTA Online Microtransactions Confirmed Sep 26, 2013, 13:53 jacobvandy

For the airfield, you don't get paid for the runs you make right away, it's at the end of the week. Also, I thought you could do the insider trading stuff at any time on your own, with the assassination missions being your no-thought-required training wheels? I haven't tried it yet, but if you, say, rob a bunch of stores or any other business (Ammunation perhaps) that should cause their company's stock to drop and competitor's stock to rise, if there are any. I don't want to believe that the only way to make any decent money from market trading is to min-max that handful of scenarios... Mostly because I did them already and made only like $3 million with Franklin, though also because I think it's stupid to quit and re-load mid-mission so that you know what companies to trade with the other characters as well. Surely they wouldn't leave that whole mechanic so broken.  

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth PC Release Date Not Announced
13. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth PC Release Date Not Announced Sep 26, 2013, 08:10 jacobvandy

They openly admit that previous South Park games were pretty much just licensed cash grabs that they didn't give a shit about and didn't participate in making. This time is totally different, with both Trey and Matt over collaborating with Obsidian the whole time.  

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth PC Release Date Not Announced
7. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth PC Release Date Not Announced Sep 25, 2013, 22:35 jacobvandy

I think that's why people are confused. The show is the gameplay is the cutscenes, etc. They've done that on purpose. It's not like every other game where there's a clear visual difference between cinematics and gameplay. What you see is what you get.  

News Comments > Steam Machines Announced
14. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 15:38 jacobvandy

Bigger news IMO is that you can apply to be a beta tester for Valve's prototype hardware by completing a simple Steam badge. It takes like 5 minutes (requires a gamepad, though) and you have 30 days to do it. There will probably end up being at least a few hundred thousand people in the pool, though, so your chances of being one of those 300 is pretty small... On the bright side, that's 150 free XP for your Steam account.  

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2013, 13:39 jacobvandy

Lol, well I guess my idea of the open world is more based on what I think would be cool/fun with friends, than the notion of playing with random assholes. BTW it's the Eurogamer article, linked right up there on this page, which says that the availability of items are tied to progression. You won't have a minigun or a Ferrari on day one, period. (Or I should say, you won't be buying one -- if there are some to be found in the world, anyone has access to them I suppose.) It doesn't matter who buys virtual money to be able to more easily purchase a wide variety of things, it will be no different than any other online game where people who play way too much and rank up a lot faster than others will gain access to better stuff faster, and have an advantage.

So no, I am not worried about someone putting a laser sight on their pistol on day one, because that's pretty much all the upgrades are anyway. If they can't shoot without lock-on and target snap, it won't mean much even if they do have a better gun. And why would you race against someone with a significantly better car anyway? I don't understand why you would beg for such grief.

You won't have indestructible cars in GTA Online, because there will be an option to purchase insurance... I wasn't even aware you were supposed to have indestructible cars in story mode. That's pretty stupid. I was aware, however, of not losing guns, but I figured it worked like in IV: get wasted and the hospital doesn't take them, but get busted and the cops do.

News Comments > Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date
22. Re: Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date Sep 25, 2013, 13:15 jacobvandy

The Examiner is shit, and so is the source they cited, PlayStation Universe. Both authors have the reading comprehension of 8-year-olds. The original source, an interview with The Guardian, makes ZERO mention of either GTA V or GTA VI, them having "no plans" for whatever, etc. Here is the direct quote from the horse's mouth, purely about Rockstar's interest in the next generation of consoles:

GTA 5 is coming at the end of the console cycle. Does the advance of technology interest you? Do you think, 'Oh wow, what will GTA 6 look like on a PS4?'

Of course we're interested. But no, not in terms of GTA, because we're always working on the current game. We look at the tech at a more practical level: what will be ready for which game that we're working on further down the line. We don't have another GTA in development, we don't work on three of these games at a time. That would be phenomenally depressing. So, in terms of GTA, no. We get pitched by the hardware manufacturers on what they're planning to do and our tech guys come up with ideas on how that could be used. Does this influence design decisions? Of course. But we're not sat there fantasising about 10 years down the line. We're so busy with what we're doing right now.

The only thing you could possibly surmise from this, is that the next game they're making is not GTA VI.

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2013, 12:52 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 11:19:
Online transaction packs which are literally Pay to Win. I guess a billion dollars of revenue in 3 days wasn't enough for them?

a) That is one of the dumbest questions I've ever read, sarcasm notwithstanding...

b) I literally doubt that you have a firm grasp of what pay-to-win is. How will having more virtual money in GTA Online make you automatically win anything, when everything you can buy is restricted by your character's level? And isn't the 16-player open world mode almost entirely cooperative? I was under the impression you go into an completely separate game mode for anything competitive, like TDM or crew-vs-crew stuff (considering they support up to 32 players). I would imagine that you do not even carry your open world equipment into those instanced matches, and of course your cars/properties won't mean jack shit there, either. On top of that, your weapons and cars are all disposable... It's not like you'd pay $5 for the money to buy an LMG and a Bugatti, then never need to buy anything else ever. That's not how GTA works at all.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week
14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week Sep 24, 2013, 20:45 jacobvandy

They've added a new tier of gear above exotic, called ascended. Weapons and accessories for now and armor coming soon, for those of you with no desire to do anything but grind for hours and hours to earn an extra 5% to your stats...  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week
11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week Sep 24, 2013, 18:49 jacobvandy

Hah, yeah, I've yet to be a part of beating him, and its only going to become a less common occurrence with people moving on to other things after the boss week event is over and he spawns less frequently. The good part of being on one of the most active and organized servers (Blackgate) is that they beat him almost every time now. But the bad part is that I'm always getting stuck in overflow, partly because of all the guesters from other servers trying to take advantage of our awesomeness!  

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
5. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 18:42 jacobvandy

Bitch. Low-life individuals like this one aren't exactly helping the situation of "gender equality" in the industry. Guys don't cry sexual harassment when they get their feelings hurt and quit in a huff...  

2052 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo