Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2956 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > SideQuest Explained
4. Re: SideQuest Explained Mar 24, 2015, 00:34 jacobvandy

It is definitely a little 2D web game you play while watching a live streaming video. What I'm not quite sure of is whether the stream is supposed to be like a dungeon master guy controlling things and showing visual aids, or if it can be completely independent of the stream (implying the video content is so boring people need to occupy their time watching with a dinky little web game), or both...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
19. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 23, 2015, 13:10 jacobvandy

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 10:49:
That suggestion for 10,000g for a shard seems way too low.. more like 100,000 at least.

Just a reminder of the current Kadala prices:

Armor/off-hand = 25 shards
Ring = 50 shards
Weapon = 75 shards
Amulet = 100 shards

So you would feel satisfied trading your 20 mil for 200 shards? That's practically nothing, and you'd be lucky to get a single legendary out of that. People dump thousands, tens of thousands of shards into that vendor to get a specific legendary they were looking for...

For a comparison of effort, you are rewarded around 100 shards for beating a T6 rift, along with a couple hundred thousand gold, in 5-20 minutes (longer than that and you shouldn't be doing T6). I also noted it should require veiled crystals, which would prevent you from spending billions on shards unless you have stacks and stacks of that stuff lying around.

6. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 22, 2015, 22:10 jacobvandy

Add a transmutation altar to the Mystic -> pay 10,000g to turn a veiled crystal into a blood shard. BAM!

Could do all kinds of other stuff with that altar, too. Wishful thinking...

3. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 22, 2015, 21:46 jacobvandy

Well to get around that, just let people turn gold into blood shards somehow.  

News Comments > New Diablo III Season Next Month
10. Re: New Diablo III Season Next Month Mar 21, 2015, 13:40 jacobvandy

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 09:04:
Such short seasons will kill the game for most of us. Just got a crusader up to where he was halfway outfitted and they are making me restart? Forget that.

You don't have to participate in seasons. And a time limit is part of the challenge. You have the same amount of time as everyone else, if you couldn't climb the leaderboards, oh well, better luck next time. If you're not trying for leaderboard position, then your only goal is to hit 70 to unlock skins, in which case even one week would be PLENTY of time.

News Comments > The International Ticket Sales
9. Re: The International Ticket Sales Mar 21, 2015, 02:36 jacobvandy

Right? Invasion of the body snatchers up in here...  

News Comments > New Diablo III Season Next Month
5. Re: New Diablo III Season Next Month Mar 21, 2015, 00:03 jacobvandy

Krovven wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 22:29:
The reason it "feels" the same is because they patched 2.1 before Season 1 ended, which was just a plain old stupid thing to do. It completely fucked what people had done for the first 3 months of the season.

And this is probably why they decided to cut Season 2 short and sync up with the patch cycle, rather than push out 2.2 mid-season like they previously said they would. They could've/should've/would've done that with 2.1, but better late than never.

News Comments > Dying Light Mod Tools Closed Beta
4. Re: Dying Light Mod Tools Closed Beta Mar 20, 2015, 22:43 jacobvandy

Hellraid. It was initially somewhat of a side project aiming for Early Access release late last year, but between how much interest they were getting and the reception of Dying Light, they've decided to turn it into something much bigger. It's going to be Techland's next major release, and we're likely to hear more about the expanded concept in the next few months. Definitely by E3, I think.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 20, 2015, 14:16 jacobvandy

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 10:04:
If I won, I'd probably sell the Alienware Steam Machine and just buy a graphics card but it's nice to see they have extra money lying around considering they've been working real hard on the Act 4 release for sometime early next month.

No doubt they're swimming in all that F2P-done-right money.

I'm not seeing the correlation between giving away a handful of sponsor prizes and swimming in money... Less than $4,000 MSRP in swag is pretty small potatoes, though considering their player base, I'm somewhat surprised they don't have giveaways like this more often. Decent exposure for very little investment on the part of Dell/Alienware.

News Comments > Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated]
40. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 15:51 jacobvandy

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 15:25:
Darks wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 15:10:
Maybe Valve should implement a stipulation on seeing how many achievements this person achieved and how much time they spent in that game. Those should be disqualification factors.
Steam already tracks hours played so they could easily do something like refund for up to 1hr gametime or something, but they just don't want to do it.

The existing time tracker is insufficient, as it doesn't work if you play offline. They'd have to hard-code it into the client and tie it to a unique machine identifier or something. Not to mention those instances where the game crashes but an .exe is still running invisibly... It would suck to have the hours you spend troubleshooting a game and/or walking away from the machine in disgust count against you.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
12. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 12:00 jacobvandy

Now I might pick it up on sale some time. I didn't hate what I played of the beta, it just wasn't enough to make me want to pay a sub.  

News Comments > Dying Light Ultimate Survivor Bundle DLC Released
4. Re: Dying Light Ultimate Survivor Bundle DLC Released Mar 16, 2015, 21:36 jacobvandy

Old Town being much more densely populated is the main difference I've noticed. Well and there's even more verticality because of all the tall buildings. Jumping across lamp posts 20 feet above a plaza literally chock full of zombies reinvigorated the game for me, after I spent nearly 40 hours in the Slums.  

News Comments > Rise of the Triad (2013) Giveaway on GOG.com
8. Re: Rise of the Triad (2013) Giveaway on GOG.com Mar 16, 2015, 15:30 jacobvandy

You're supposed to get an email once they've processed it, that took a couple hours for me.  

News Comments > Reloaded Games Acquires Hawken
3. Re: Reloaded Games Acquires Hawken Mar 16, 2015, 12:49 jacobvandy

There's not much to learn about Hawken, except maybe that it has very little in common with something more strategy and cooperation oriented as MWO. It's a fast-paced action game, the mechs are barely passable as classes in a shooter. I never felt any reason to grind or pay for anything other than the one you start out with, as skill has way more to do with success than anything else. You don't play *as* a team so much as just play *on* a team. Whoever has the guy with a 10:1 KDR carrying them will win.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10 [Updated]
13. Re: Steam Top 10 [Updated] Mar 8, 2015, 21:42 jacobvandy

Yeah, there's always someone with access to it early. See it a lot more with indie games, where they're much more generous with pre-release copies.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10 [Updated]
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 8, 2015, 13:33 jacobvandy

It's not at the top again, I don't know what happened here... The list should be:

01. Dragon Ball
02. GTA V
03. CS:GO
04. Cities: Skylines
05. H1Z1
06. Five Nights at Freddy's 3
07. Homeworld Remastered
08. Civ V Complete
09. Besiege
10. Payday 2

Something's up with the XML, but it is still clearly a totally different list than Blue posted.

http://store.steampowered.com/feeds/weeklytopsellers.xml

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Postmortem
37. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 15:34 jacobvandy

Oops, lost the link I was previously trying to post somewhere along the way: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/rankings/era/2/rift-barbarian  

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Postmortem
24. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 13:11 jacobvandy

Darks wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 11:12:
Sorry, but you are full of shit. The Barb is horrible. The only classes anyone will play with are Monks, DH and WD's and Crusaders all other classes are considered worthless to the higher tier players. And monk's barley fall into that category, they are only useful as Palm Monks.

Sorry, buttercup, the facts don't lie:

Barbarian can do up to GR 50 just like all the other classes. Just because you fraternize with elitist min-maxing metagame assholes is no proof of a class being bad. Half DPS and half zDPS tank/control groups are popular because it allows a lot of people to participate in higher tiers than they'd otherwise be able to. There's less skill and quality gear required.

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2015, 13:16.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming
8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming Mar 5, 2015, 20:41 jacobvandy

loomy wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 19:03:
this looks like a misinterpretation to me blue. they're just talking about showing the game at the show, like every other game at the show

This. They're letting people play the expansion at PAX, that's it.

News Comments > Dying Light DLC & Hard Mode Next Week
7. Re: Dying Light DLC & Hard Mode Next Week Mar 4, 2015, 22:21 jacobvandy

Acleacius wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 13:40:
There are already hard mode mods, Techland didn't need to do it too. It would have been a much better to add more content and the ability to skip the main quest (which sucks for the most part) or release the damn editor tools.

Hopefully Techland can do hard mode a lot better than random guy on the internet cranking up zombie speed and aggro range can...

2956 Comments. 148 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo