Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2301 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Delayed
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Delayed Aug 28, 2014, 22:12 jacobvandy

Meh, massive corporations compete with themselves all the time... This is just a sign of Ubisoft's confidence in their position as an equivalent power within the games industry. The holiday shopping season eclipses the entirety of the rest of the year in terms of sales, so why not cram as many highly-anticipated releases into that window as you can? BTW, I'd never even heard of AC: Rogue, so I don't think you can put that on the same level as Unity and FC4 at all. The Crew is somewhere in the middle.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live
18. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 27, 2014, 07:33 jacobvandy

Uh, yeah, come back 3+ hours later and it wasn't down anymore... I was able to log back in to the launcher a bit less than an hour after it happened, but not the game itself. If you were actively online without interruption from about 6PM-9PM pacific yesterday, well, good for y'all in the EU, I guess.

As for what caused it, you can believe what you want. Haters gonna hate, including calling anyone who considers any reason but "Blizzard sux lawl" a "fanboi," I guess... I've been plenty upset at them for that god-awful launch and unbearable lag during peak times, but I'm telling you, this was nothing like the usual disconnect or session time-out I've seen before.

11. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 26, 2014, 22:38 jacobvandy

Upgrading legendary gems has no cost other than completing a greater rift. The only catch is there's some percentage chance of it failing (haven't seen it yet, it probably has to do with the rank of the gem versus the level of the rift you progressed to).

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 22:20:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 22:13:
Yeah, everything's offline again. Sucks, I was in the middle of a greater rift. =/

You should know better than to play a Blizzard game on a patch.. week

It's not them, it's those DDoS asshats. It had been smooth as silk all day long since the servers came back up from maintenance, then suddenly community services went down, party matchmaking went haywire, and then my game was terminated. Entire B.net is offline.

8. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 26, 2014, 22:13 jacobvandy

Yeah, everything's offline again. Sucks, I was in the middle of a greater rift. =/  

3. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 26, 2014, 21:40 jacobvandy

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 19:48:
I'm only going to log in on Friday when the ladders are afoot. It's nice that the gold find boost will be in effect for the start of it though since gold will become important.

Actually it's a gold rewards boost, meaning the lump sum you're given upon completion of a quest is doubled. Not nearly as good as the multiplicative gold find boost for later game stages, but still should be helpful for starting fresh.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Today - First Season Begins Friday
22. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today - First Season Begins Friday Aug 26, 2014, 16:32 jacobvandy

FYI, even though the 50% gold find buff expired this morning, now there is a 100% gold rewards bonus AND all treasure goblins appear in pairs (god help you if you run across a pack of them and this still applies there...).  

7. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today - First Season Begins Friday Aug 26, 2014, 13:35 jacobvandy

I dug a little deeper and found this quote: "Players will not receive a duplicate of any Legendary Gem the character they're currently playing has access to

This includes Legendary Gems in the character's inventory, its followers' inventories, or the Shared Stash, as well as Legendary Gems socketed in items in those locations"

So it sounds like you could have the gem equipped on another character and you can still see it dropped. They might just be trying to save you the frustration of getting the same gem over and over.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2014, 13:47.

3. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 13:12 jacobvandy

Looking forward to the buffs! Plus new content, etc, etc.

Also, I know some people are bemoaning the idea, but starting fresh with the ladders every few months has been working wonders for Path of Exile and my experience with it, so I can't wait to participate in that. All of your paragon XP, loot, and gold transfers over to your standard game at the end, so it's not even like you're wasting time doing it. You don't have to be competing for leaderboard ranks, either; you get a reward just for reaching 70, and of course there will be brand new legendaries to hunt for.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 13:11:
Also, are old legendaries that got new powers, ie. Depth Diggers, supposed to be patched, or only new dropped versions?

The linked "cliff notes" post mentions that most legendary changes will NOT be retroactive.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2014, 14:35 jacobvandy

Topless means bare chest, that organization is fighting for gender equality because men are allowed to be topless in public but women aren't (in most places). Mayhaps the ice bucket money should go to them instead! Imagine the glass-cutters showing up after that challenge...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2014, 19:04 jacobvandy

I've been playing D3 throughout the weekend (got the 6-piece Marauder's bonus now on my DH, so each of my turrets is pumping out more damage than I myself am... fucking awesome), including the past six hours solid, and have had no connection issues. I'm sure it depends on your region.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video
16. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 17:22 jacobvandy

DangerDog wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 17:14:
You can tell I'm a Rift user by how thick my glasses are

That's a common misconception... The screens being so close to your face have no bearing on your eyesight becoming poor, when your eyes are actually focusing on a point that is much farther away within that virtual environment. I've spent quite a bit of time with 3D Vision in the past, and it's actually much LESS straining on the eyes to play in 3D, than in normal 2D. Your eyes will be focused on what would be 5 or 10 or 15 feet behind the screen, depending on the scene and the depth of the effect (a setting that is adjustable), instead of the actual surface of your display a few feet or a few inches away, with the Rift. Nearsightedness is no more of a risk in playing 3D games than it is just being indoors in general for prolonged periods of time.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video
7. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 14:29 jacobvandy

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 13:46:
What I see is there are a lot of personal flavors to this. This is using the hydra, using it to line up sights etc, while cool, it makes control way more difficult than what we have today. We'll have to see how people accept this overall. I'm still wanting to just try this in an all encompassed 3d view with near std K/M. So there is simply closed off immersion all the way to full blown VR, that later takes some talent and patience.

People love immersion. That's what VR is all about. You already have NVIDIA 3D Vision for simply bringing another dimension to standard graphics and interfaces, but the Rift and Hydra et al are meant to be used in breaking away from the old-fashioned floating camera w/ KBM control scheme setup. There will still be room for that, it isn't going to go away in the foreseeable future, and the Rift at its most basic functionality is just a better stereoscopic 3D display, but that's not what is getting people so excited. It's about taking that step into truly immersing yourself into the game world.

Of course using physical arm motions to toss a grenade, spatially line up your gun, reload, etc. seems awkward and foreign at first, but you'll get used to it eventually and it will bring an entirely new element of skill into the game. Someday people will scoff at the noobs pointing and clicking at things on screen or pressing buttons to trigger scripted actions, and remark about how it takes zero effort compared to those using full VR setups and pantomiming every action your character does. Kind of like that kid dismissing Marty McFly's performance in that antique arcade game in the '80s cafe.

That won't happen immediately, but the point stands that KBM is pretty archaic, having been in use with practically no changes for nearly 20 years (talking about FPS' specifically). I'm absolutely looking forward to this new paradigm of interactivity in gaming.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 24, 2014, 12:11 jacobvandy

How shitty are the last-gen versions of Destiny going to be? I'm not willing to get a PS4 just for this game, but I do have that PS3 I haven't touched since GTA V came out...  

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Aug 23, 2014, 11:23 jacobvandy

I would hope they have some surprises left that they've not shown off. But there are some substantial balance changes coming, too, which people on the PTR are helping to dial in. One of the most significant IMO is a new legendary crafting material called Ramaladni's Gift, which will add a socket onto any weapon that doesn't have one. That can even be on top of the other four primary stats, in which case it adds a fifth (which can't be re-rolled, though it's not like anyone would want to). So whatever you're using now, imagine you have another +10% damage or +750 vit or whatever you like added to that...  

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Aug 22, 2014, 21:47 jacobvandy

Aaaaaany day now...  

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
25. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 22, 2014, 18:24 jacobvandy

Google says social justice warrior. And Five Guys is the nickname for the "scandal" surrounding that Zoe Quinn... person... Because that's how many times she cheated on the guy who wrote up the big blog post explaining how fucked up she is.

And yeah, I'm thinking ol' Philbert is using 4chan as a scapegoat here. Fits perfectly with his martyr complex.

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
5. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 22, 2014, 15:14 jacobvandy

I'd say good riddance, but you know it won't stick.  

News Comments > Diablo III Gold Bonus
3. Re: Diablo III Gold Bonus Aug 21, 2014, 19:52 jacobvandy

I see nothing wrong with them encouraging ladder participation... But I agree, a gold find weekend is pretty lame. I guarantee they won't see nearly the influx of players they do with XP or drop rate buff events.  

News Comments > Dishonored Free Weekend
3. Re: Dishonored Free Weekend Aug 21, 2014, 19:46 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 19:22:
Are there people that don't own this yet?

Tens of millions of Steam users? It really isn't that popular of a game.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released
10. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released Aug 21, 2014, 14:27 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 14:09:
I would gladly watch their trailer, but they seem to think that forcing me to watch a fucking commercial of some bint rubbing ointment on a baby is a good way for me to spend my time.

Fuck you, whichever shitty video outfit this video got linked from.

GameTrailers has definitely gone downhill since Spike bought them out, but my god, man, you need yourself some adblock. I see zero commercials in front of flash videos, no matter where they're from.

2301 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo