Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2865 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
3. Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 11, 2015, 21:18 jacobvandy

DangerDog wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 14:02:
And he also seems oblivious to copyright laws.

How so? The Mega Man collection is a licensed product that Capcom announced themselves a while back.

And the whole point of what these guys are doing is that you won't need various emulators to play your illegally-obtained ROMs. It's platform-agnostic digital reproduction of what was on the cartridge. We need more publishers getting on board with this.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches
4. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches Jul 10, 2015, 20:19 jacobvandy

Well it's a good thing I logged in then, I think it's been at least that long since I played last, and I don't want to lose such names as GaryZeusey (my lightning Templar). Might as well try some other names I've wanted in the past, see if I can steal them!  

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches
1. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches Jul 10, 2015, 19:04 jacobvandy

How do you free up inactive character names? Like I might login after a while of not playing to find my old characters have no name? You'd better be immune if you've spent money...  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
11. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 10, 2015, 12:28 jacobvandy

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 12:07:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 11:52:
However, most people not just looking for an excuse to bitch and hail the demise of crowdfunding, i.e. the actual backers, are happy that it means the game will be that much better for it.

Ah so quick&easy to jump to conclusions. That is why you fail...
For the record, I (unfortunately) backed Torment at $148 total. And I got Wasteland 2 for "free" because of my high level PoE pledge.

However, I did not back BT4, of course, and never will back any crowdfunding game ever again thanks to all the disappointments and shady crap that many KS devs pulled off.
I'm very glad to see many people share that sentiment. The number of backers for BT4 is below half of Torment's or WL2's numbers. I'm genuinely proud of my fellow gamers with a spine who are telling these fraudulent KS devs to bugger off.

So you pledged money, but you obviously aren't a backer of the project. You don't keep up with updates, and you're actively cheering against them... What do I care if you feel you threw your money away?

6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 10, 2015, 11:52 jacobvandy

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 11:08:
inXile can also thank themselves for it. Where is Torment? It was originally scheduled for December 2014. Sure, delays happen but that is either a pretty massive miscalculation on their part or, more likely, intentionally putting a more tangible date on the Kickstarter in order to generate more pledges. People fall for that once, but as we can see, not everyone is coming back to be cheated again.

They told everyone during the last week of funding that all the stretch goals they reached would push it to first half of 2015. If anyone felt so "cheated," they had time to pull out. Then they announced 13 months ago that Wasteland 2 doing well in early access allowed more pre-production time for the core Torment team, for prototyping and iterating on tools. Obviously this pushed back the timeline a bit further, to the fourth quarter of this year. However, most people not just looking for an excuse to bitch and hail the demise of crowdfunding, i.e. the actual backers, are happy that it means the game will be that much better for it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 10, 2015, 11:33 jacobvandy

Sure, replace noisy water pumps, but what about the whining coils? Those aren't so simple.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2015, 11:31 jacobvandy

If you use Galaxy, it's supposed to do all of that for you.  

4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 8, 2015, 16:01 jacobvandy

I suppose when you cut through all the bad joke bullshit, they're saying they're gonna release a comedy album on Steam to raise money for their next game, instead of going to Kickstarter.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Jul 8, 2015, 14:27 jacobvandy

All the new cars and weapons are in Story mode, too, so you don't have to like Online to appreciate these updates.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 8, 2015, 10:51 jacobvandy

Portal Designer Kim Swift still hasn't done shit since leaving Valve. She might as well legally change her name to PDKS, since that's all anyone ever calls her.  

News Comments > Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week
1. Re: Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week Jul 6, 2015, 17:47 jacobvandy

Some good stuff here. I don't know who let slip by that books and documents are grouped up with consumables. They'd be better off in the quest items tab, which itself would be better off if it properly let go of crap you don't need anymore so that you can sell it as junk.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 6, 2015, 12:11 jacobvandy

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:18:
That other Sony article is even worse.. the headline does not agree with the actual content ;p

"The biggest downside to PlayStation Now is that it's just so darn expensive"

So how does it turn a Smart TV into a fun gaming system?

What does one have to do with the other?

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced
44. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 5, 2015, 13:52 jacobvandy

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 11:51:
InBlack wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 11:14:
descender wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 10:02:

Real-world application performance difference between the operating systems is virtually non-existent. There's nothing really "wrong" with it at this point once you get 8.1 and classic shell, and there is no reason you would choose 7 over 8 for a new computer today... but there is basically nothing compelling or forcing an upgrade over 7 for existing machines.

This. Also, why would anyone consider DX12 exclusivity to be anything but a bait job to lure 'gamers' into upgrading and how is that exactly a good thing?

And all those bells and whistles in any new DX won't make it into games anytime soon either. Every time this happens it's always years our before people start making use of it. How long did it take for 64 bit gaming to become a reality? Christ I was using 64bit NT waiting for the 64 bit revolution...that is slowly happening almost 20 years later. And it's not like the consoles can take advantage of any of this stuff so that rules out a ton of games right there. Indeed there's really zero reason to upgrade.

Actually DX12 support is coming to Xbox One, so it may be the most quickly adopted version of the API in recent memory. The DX10/11 situation of last-gen caused by consoles being stuck on DX9 or equivalent is not likely to repeat itself. MS will be leaning on Xbone devs to make use of it and Sony will be pressured to keep up with their own API updates, both of which hopefully mean PC ports will benefit from better source material.

31. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 4, 2015, 23:35 jacobvandy

Blackhawk wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 19:47:
From what I've seen, this is a replacement for the mobile version of the game, meant for Win 10 devices, not PCs (although it is playable on Win 10 PCs.) It is not the replacement for the PC version.

MS just did a crappy job of communicating that.

Then why give it to owners of the standard Java version for free? That right there implies its purpose as a replacement. The mobile version for iOS and Android isn't being replaced by a Windows store app, and considering their respective mobile market shares, a change of direction for the Windows Phone version is hardly worthy of attention on its own. Watch this new unified Win10 version go forward with development while the original PC edition is abandoned.

6. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 4, 2015, 15:17 jacobvandy

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 15:12:
Well it seems Microsoft PR reps are affected by the heat

"swanky operating system"
"Itís gonna be cool!"
"We spoil you"

I am not even sure what website audiences are the target for this kind of writing style?

This is an announcement from Mojang, not Microsoft. They're Swedish, AND their primary audience is kids.

But yeah, there's not much to this. Looks like the only new feature offered is cross-platform multi with Xbox.

News Comments > Tales of Symphonia for PC Announced
3. Re: Tales of Symphonia for PC Announced Jul 3, 2015, 16:11 jacobvandy

RaZ0r! wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 15:18:
Pre-purchase a PC port of a 2003 console game? I think not.

It's a brand new game coming out in a few months on all platforms, for which the port of the 2003 game is a pre-purchase bonus.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 2, 2015, 10:59 jacobvandy

Yeah man, every little bit helps. Even when it's $2.69 off a regular price of $56.  

News Comments > World of Warships Open Beta
3. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 2, 2015, 10:54 jacobvandy

Games like this would be great without the F2P MMOG bullshit layered onto them. As it is, I'll pass.  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jul 2, 2015, 10:50 jacobvandy

I rarely took issue with driving during a mission because they pack those trips with hilarious dialogue. Sometimes I arrive at my destination sooner than they finish talking, and I wish I'd have driven slower!

Who'd have thunk a game called Grand Theft Auto would be very heavily focused on driving autos anyway? Rolleyes And yeah, you can skip most trips, if you're impatient.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 1, 2015, 21:07 jacobvandy

And pay up to $400 for it, pfft... I'm glad I was able to put my order in the first night, but now I'm thinking I should've ordered several, lol.  

2865 Comments. 144 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo