Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2357 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
8. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 21, 2014, 21:34 jacobvandy

PHJF wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 20:24:
There's already way too much XP. Playing through from start to finish on Hard (which let's be honest is really Normal) netted me fifty seven levels. It should actually be an accomplishment getting that far.

The game may very well be better than it was but as a religious Diablo II player I still find DIII fundamentally and irreparably flawed.

If you've played since patch 2.0, you've been playing with the global event XP bonus. It doesn't make sense to judge leveling rates with that going on. But if you don't like the bonus, don't play while it's active then.

Anyhow, the whole point of the difficulty revamp was to remove the grind of replaying the game three times to reach the cap. There's no "accomplishment" in that, just repetitive inconvenience. Anybody with more than one character knows that the level-up process is filler, and the real game starts when you're at the cap, earning Paragon levels...

It's perfectly reasonable for the full sequence of story mode to level you up completely IMO, slowly unlocking every skill and introducing you to all the different mechanics, so that you are then prepared to start replaying things in the manner you choose. Whether that's grinding a specific level or doing adventure mode, etc.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
4. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 21, 2014, 20:06 jacobvandy

Holy crap... That's some insane bonus when you consider that it's not like every other bonus percentage you get in-game, it actually takes that total and multiplies it like the co-op bonus does.  

News Comments > More QuakeCon Preregistration Tonight
3. Re: More QuakeCon Preregistration Tonight Mar 20, 2014, 01:21 jacobvandy

This isn't a Bethesda-specific trade show... They've only added that crap on since the acquisition. People go for the LAN and/or competitions, I know a group of guys in the midwest and a few other places across the country that make the trip every year just to get together and play games in person.  

News Comments > Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses
32. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 18:39 jacobvandy

NewMaxx wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 17:47:
I don't own D3 and never plan to play it. What I can say is that anybody who supports having a portion of the game forcibly run server-side - and those who have tried to crack/emulate D3 are well aware, D3 has that - is a hypocrite if they also complain about the lack of dedicated or user servers, LAN and TCP/IP support, or anything within that vein for any other game.

You can say that, sure... Doesn't mean it's not some utterly fantastic fallacy you're spewing.

News Comments > Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer
16. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 11:48 jacobvandy

nin wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:57:
Darks wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:54:
nin wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:46:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:39:
Wizards can wield two weapons? Wow, I did not know that.

We have an off hand, like a book/orbs or something, but I've never attempted to add a second weapon.

So I'd like an answer here as well...

They cant nin, Nor would you want to because your offhand book and orbs carry much better suited stats for a Wiz. you wont get that from a sword or dagger.

Well, when the sword does 1300 damage...I'd take a second.

Dual-wielding damage isn't additive, you alternate attacking with each one so it's effectively averaged between the two.

News Comments > Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses
14. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 11:39 jacobvandy

Never seen this bug. I bet the vast majority haven't. But hey, don't let me get in the way of the aimless hate train!

descender wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 11:36:
There is no point to playing a loot generating e-peen measuring contest offline by yourself. Unless you are playing ARPG's for the... story? LOL.

I disagree. I enjoyed Torchlight and Titan Quest plenty while playing offline and solo, and it wasn't for the story. I might as well be playing PoE that way (wish it were offline...) and Grim Dawn is also excellent (doubt I'll use the MP functionality when it's eventually added).

News Comments > Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity
5. Re: Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity Mar 19, 2014, 11:32 jacobvandy

Seriously, people? This same shit was brought up back when inXile announced they were partnering with Deep Silver for retail copies of Wasteland 2. A distribution deal is in no way even remotely similar to the traditional publishing deal. They are simply paying for a service that they cannot provide for themselves. If you really think the whole point of them going the crowd-funding route is to avoid any and all publishers altogether, then the entire endeavor and their reasons for making it have flown completely over your head... Paradox is not a "publisher" here, they are a company with factories and warehouses. They are merely the physical equivalent of Steam, Humble, or GOG; should they not be dealing with them, either?  

News Comments > Unity 5 Announced
7. Re: Unity 5 Announced Mar 18, 2014, 20:48 jacobvandy

I imagine it's mainly that they're "sticking it to the man" and offering a product that is not only free for garage coders (Obsidian, et al. are required to purchase the pro version because they make more than $100k a year at being devs), but robust enough to make the enormous commercial engines start shaking in their boots. Or at least get off their asses and provide similar features, such as omni-platform support and web browser delivery (aka 80% of the bullet points Epic has been touting for Unreal the past few years).  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
18. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 11:43 jacobvandy

Most were in the game already, but they were really mundane. Basically a few guaranteed stats and that's it. With Loot 2.0, they've redone a ton of them, adding unique modifiers that can be found on no other item. Also redid (buffed) the set bonuses, so all the old greens aren't worth much in comparison. For example I saw the monk set will give you the base effects of all four mantras at all times.  

News Comments > Gauntlet Remake This Summer
37. Re: Gauntlet Remake This Summer Mar 17, 2014, 17:27 jacobvandy

I played the ever-loving crap out of Dark Legacy on Gamecube, even solo. All I can say is I hope the camera zoom is adjustable. Right now it looks beyond ARPG scope, and more into top-down, bullet hell shooter territory. If you fix the perspective and/or scale of the characters, you won't need a stupid colored circle to see where you are...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 16, 2014, 18:37 jacobvandy

Well Comedy Central owns South Park. I don't know whether Trey and Matt have a percentage or if they get paid salaries, but they really don't have control over the property at all. Hence all the shitty games they had nothing to do with 10+ years ago. Which makes it all the more impressive they were able to arrange for Stick of Truth to happen, and go about it the right way.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 15, 2014, 16:50 jacobvandy

Draugr wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 15:53:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 15:48:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 15:38:
I get that's how economics work, but it still seems shitty. Guess we'll be seeing pour friends from the north coming down for their PS4s.

It's not even 10 cents difference between USD and CAD.

Actually that is about the difference

http://www.google.com/finance?q=usdcad

Right now I'm facepalming at the idiotic news stories from the past few days linked on the side. "Euro rises against US dollar!!!" So I click on the graph and yep, it did... by like 0.25%. HOLY SHIT GUYS WE'RE FUCKED.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II: Hannibal at the Gates Announced
2. Re: Total War: ROME II: Hannibal at the Gates Announced Mar 13, 2014, 19:32 jacobvandy

we very much want ROME II to be remembered as one of our best.

I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed. Just take your medicine, remember the lessons, and bring on Medieval 3 or whatever you're doing next. With the streak the series has been on since Empire, I am honestly not at all interested in playing Rome 2 until I can get it for $5-10. I get that they're compelled to fulfill publisher requirements of spitting out paid content, but it's got to be a slap in the face to people who did buy it already and are expecting more meaningful support (i.e. fix the game that exists now).

News Comments > PopCap Layoffs
2. Re: PopCap Layoffs Mar 13, 2014, 18:41 jacobvandy

Chewed up and spit out...  

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
43. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 01:26 jacobvandy

Polish doesn't fix shitty design choices or [lack of] online functionality.  

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Leaves Beta
6. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Leaves Beta Mar 11, 2014, 21:42 jacobvandy

Meh, if you're wanting to get on Hearthstone and nothing else, you're opting in to B.net. Now forcing WoW and Diablo players to use B.net, THAT is more like what happened with Steam and CS. At least you can have it act as a plain old launcher like I do, and it's admittedly a bit more convenient because you can save your login info and it automatically puts that in for whatever game you start up, rather than type in your password every time.  

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
3. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 11, 2014, 19:26 jacobvandy

Or at the very least, allow an OPTION to use compressed or uncompressed audio... There are those who want/need the extra performance, or just the better quality audio, but the rest can save a shitload of disk space. A monkey could solve this issue (maybe one just did!).

As far as download size though, I have to think Origin is similar to Steam in that it doesn't download raw files except when necessary. Lots of games will say they require X amount of space, but download much less and expand from there.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015
5. Re: The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015 Mar 11, 2014, 14:02 jacobvandy

I thought it was coming sooner than end of 2014, so next February sounded drastic. I don't mind it so much now, knowing that it's only delayed a few months.  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2014, 02:52 jacobvandy

Or maybe they just want to hire more people and get it done even faster? I've been following development of GD for a while, and if anything they're being overly conservative with their spending. Hired only one new guy since hitting Steam Early Access afaik. The lead designer was working on it in his spare time for a long while and then made the commitment of doing it full-time and living off of savings (after just having had a baby) before the Kickstarter even happened. Great game with great support, and lots of communication from the devs including weekly updates with previews of stuff they're working on.  

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month
4. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 10, 2014, 20:26 jacobvandy

Ah, no, regular price is $15 on Steam. It was on sale weekend before last for around $5 or $7.50.  

2357 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo