Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2284 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies 2 Announced
9. Re: Space Pirates and Zombies 2 Announced Feb 7, 2014, 13:48 jacobvandy

Agreed, this can't come soon enough. SPAZ is one of the best indies ever made IMO.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Closed
30. Re: Titanfall Beta Closed Feb 6, 2014, 16:04 jacobvandy

More players is not inherently better. In fact 64 is too much in a lot of Battlefield maps. If they think 6v6 works best with the way they've designed the game, you could at least wait to try it out before you start bashing it for no reason. If every player in Battlefield had their own 2-story robot that could also act autonomously, it'd be a huge clusterfuck; gameplay and network connectivity both would be completely unmanageable. They would have zero destructibility at the very least.  

News Comments > 50 More Steam Greenlights
8. Re: 50 More Steam Greenlights Feb 6, 2014, 01:35 jacobvandy

Greenlight doesn't mean they are releasing, just that they can release if/when they're ready.  

News Comments > Hawken Relaunching on Steam
11. Re: Hawken Relaunching on Steam Feb 5, 2014, 23:32 jacobvandy

fatguy wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 22:31:
What was pay to win about it? Like I said the starter mech everyone gets was one of the best.

Consumables that can only be bought with real money. Not the worst P2W stuff out there, but enough to rub people the wrong way. They add gameplay advantage on top of your normal mech ability loadout.

News Comments > Hawken Relaunching on Steam
3. Re: Hawken Relaunching on Steam Feb 5, 2014, 18:55 jacobvandy

Don't mind the bitter MechWarrior fans, they've been through enough.  

News Comments > Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway
27. Re: Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway Feb 5, 2014, 15:23 jacobvandy

Don't know what to tell you boss, aside from stop buying Ubisoft games if it bothers you so much. I couldn't tell you what games are listed in my Uplay library, because I don't even go there in the client. I just click the X to close it after I'm done playing whatever game launched it.  

25. Re: Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway Feb 5, 2014, 15:14 jacobvandy

Panickd wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 15:10:
I would agree except that at least two of the games I have on Origin were pulled into Origin from Steam (they still had to be downloaded in Origin, obviously). Ubisoft is the publisher of these games and they could easily pull the games from Steam into UPlay and allow me to play them directly from UPlay if they wanted to. There is zero reason I should need to run two digital distribution clients to play a single game. It's just laziness/cheapness on Ubisoft's part.

That's completely different, as Origin is giving you additional licensed copies of those games as a courtesy (and trying to get you away from using Steam). They are not just taking the Steam requirement out of your Steam games, because they can't. I guess you could complain about Ubisoft not doing the same charitable thing, but that's a bit petty...

Acleacius wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 15:12:
I do have mine set to Offline, it still forces me to log into uplay. Then the pcrap even pops up a prompt, every time I quit the game, to tell me thanks for playing.

I was referring to the online/social features of Far Cry 3, not Uplay itself.

News Comments > Civ5: The Complete Edition/Free Brave New World Scenario Released
4. Re: Civ5: The Complete Edition/Free Brave New World Scenario Released Feb 5, 2014, 15:00 jacobvandy

They're smaller custom maps with specific objectives and scripting that challenge you to play in a specific way. Basically the gameplay equivalent of an RTS campaign mission.  

22. Re: Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway Feb 5, 2014, 14:56 jacobvandy

Panickd wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 14:33:
I hate that it sees your Ubisoft games in Steam and then launches Steam to play those games. Just let me pull it into UPlay and launch it from there if you must but don't launch an entirely different digital distribution platform so that I can play your game. All that does is make your less robust application look pointless. I shouldn't have to be running Steam and UPlay to run a game.

If you bought the game on Steam, or redeemed key you bought somewhere else on Steam, then Steam is the DRM requirement for running that game. There's no way around that, except buying the game straight from Ubisoft instead.

15. Re: Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway Feb 5, 2014, 12:38 jacobvandy

Uplay is pretty non-invasive after you login the first time, it just automatically launches and runs in the background once you start to play the game. It at least provides some services for Far Cry 3 including the social challenge missions, but you can always choose to run it in offline mode.

Interestingly, when Rocksmith 2014 came out it had the Uplay requirement, but a couple months later it was patched out. None of the online functionality is missing, it still connects to Ubisoft servers with your account for that, but Uplay the app doesn't run anymore. That leads me to believe they're at least willing to listen to people complaining about an unnecessary background process, it's just that it's not so simple to remove in some games.

13. Re: Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway Feb 5, 2014, 12:18 jacobvandy

The game was pretty close to finished, functionally, by the time Ubisoft acquired it, so it's no wonder they're not using it. Of course they could have been forced to do so, but that might have delayed it further or at least required sacrificing some polish they were already committed to.  

News Comments > Rockstar Trio Joining AIAS Hall of Fame
3. Re: Rockstar Trio Joining AIAS Hall of Fame Feb 4, 2014, 14:23 jacobvandy

Lazlow is actually a real guy known for his nationally-syndicated radio talk show based out of NYC. Of course most people didn't know that until he started working on and co-starring in GTA games, but yeah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazlow_Jones

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2014, 14:35.

News Comments > EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS
28. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 14:20 jacobvandy

According to Steam, 32-bit XP/Vista/7 combined account for about 20% of gamers. IMO it's way past time to go 64-bit only, it's better for everyone.  

News Comments > Take Two Financials - GTA5 Sells > 32M
20. Re: Take Two Financials - GTA5 Sells > 32M Feb 4, 2014, 00:05 jacobvandy

They definitely crushed Call of Duty Ghosts, but they don't/can't churn out a new GTA every year, so it's not quite on that level of cash cow.  

News Comments > Steam Music Beta Nears
9. Re: Steam Music Beta Nears Feb 3, 2014, 23:59 jacobvandy

Yeah, it is local files only... At best they're going to integrate with popular services like Spotify and Last.fm, but we're not seeing Steam offer music downloads yet.  

News Comments > Steam Music Beta Nears
4. Re: Steam Music Beta Nears Feb 3, 2014, 19:19 jacobvandy

Why is it odd for PC users? Integrating a music player into the overlay is just another reason as to why you'd never need to minimize your game. If it's simple and sleek enough, I might finally drop Winamp.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II on May 31?
6. Re: Dark Souls II on May 31? Feb 3, 2014, 16:50 jacobvandy

It's a fantastic game. It's tough, no doubt, but fair in the sense that it rewards thoughtful and deliberate actions. Basically if you're careful of your surroundings, use tactics to your advantage, and have some semblance of an idea as to how you want to build your character, it's not terribly difficult. There is plenty of info online for you to browse if ever you'd rather cut your suffering short as opposed to figuring out everything on your own. Things like boss strategies or locations of powerful items.  

4. Re: Dark Souls II on May 31? Feb 3, 2014, 15:27 jacobvandy

But it's 3 months between console and PC, and even that is rounded up a tad. I'm not counting the wait as it existed previously, just this newfound "delay."  

News Comments > January Steam Hardware & Software Survey
3. Re: January Steam Hardware & Software Survey Feb 3, 2014, 15:10 jacobvandy

Steam isn't just for gaming rigs, either... Plenty of desktops with no dedicated GPU play lots of games just fine. Older ones, mostly, but still.  

2. Re: Dark Souls II on May 31? Feb 3, 2014, 15:04 jacobvandy

Sheeit, I thought PC version was releasing at the same time... Ah well, 3 months isn't so bad.  

2284 Comments. 115 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo