Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2958 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews May 14, 2015, 02:49 jacobvandy

That is our only hope... That the inevitable Enhanced Edition is worthy of its name and does justice to the PC. Now that they have millions of dollars pouring in, they should have the resources to do so.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews May 13, 2015, 23:59 jacobvandy

Anonymous source inside CDPR confirming Witcher 3 graphics downgrade.

tl;dr - Their demos from 2013 were accurate representations of what the game would have looked like if the next-gen consoles weren't complete and utter shite. He says that, upon finding out they grossly over-estimated the power of the PS4 and Xbone, they were forced to cater to the lowest common denominator, insisting they didn't/don't have the resources to tailor separate versions of the game to each platform's abilities.

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Support Packs & Divination Cards
20. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Support Packs & Divination Cards May 13, 2015, 18:58 jacobvandy

The mods are integrated into the base game, yes, but they don't manifest nearly as frequently as during the challenge leagues. It's just not the same.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy’s The Division Delayed
4. Re: Tom Clancy’s The Division Delayed May 12, 2015, 21:57 jacobvandy

Saw this coming with the news that they just added that fourth dev studio onto the project, Ubisoft Annecy. They've been doing the multiplayer and, oddly enough, the upgradeable player strongholds for several Assassin's Creed games.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule
58. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 14:34 jacobvandy

Skyrim is the biggest open world fantasy RPG of all time*, so it's only natural to measure other similar games against it. It's like comparing a platformer to Mario, a sandbox builder to Minecraft, or a shooter to Call of Duty... It's easily relate-able.

*Of course I'm referring to its success, its status as a cultural phenomenon. It's the only one of its genre to even approach the all-time best-sellers list populated by the Marios and Pokemons and GTAs and Cawadootys.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
29. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 12, 2015, 05:39 jacobvandy

If it was possible 2+ years ago, why in the flying fuck isn't it "feasible" now? Or even in the near future; there's nothing stopping them from including features that even current hardware can't handle smoothly. The Witcher 2 flaunted a couple of settings like that. There's no explaining away what is a bonafide generational gap in graphics fidelity, if that is truly representative of the best visuals they're going to be shipping.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
25. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 12, 2015, 05:04 jacobvandy

Yeah... I really hope it's just some contract bullshit where they're not allowed to promote what the PC version looks like on fullest detail, so that people aren't disappointed with the console versions.  

News Comments > GOG.com Additions
4. Re: GOG.com Additions May 11, 2015, 21:25 jacobvandy

I assume a GOG release of SR2 would have to fix any such performance quirk to be worth a damn.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
28. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 14:41 jacobvandy

Dacron wrote on May 11, 2015, 13:31:
All I want is a remake of Aliens vs Predator.... loved the multiplayer in it. So much better than guns vs guns, or melee vs melee, it was a mixed bag of everything. Scary at times as a human being stalked until you can see your stalker... thrilling as an alien to hunt and stalk, right until you're spotted and have to pounce or flee.

Much more interesting than hiding in a closet for an Alien to pass.

That happened about five years ago... Nobody seemed to like it very much, I thought it was pretty mediocre myself, and the multiplayer was not active for long at all. Rebellion were really high on themselves when they debuted at #1 in the UK and immediately started crowing about their critical (Metacritic 60s) and commercial success (1.69 million sold in the first three months). They were "in talks" with SEGA about a sequel, but considering we haven't heard a peep about it since then, I doubt it's coming.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2015, 18:07 jacobvandy

I don't even...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2015, 16:07 jacobvandy

Well, I've exactly zero... The only one I've ever had filled in my adult life was some antibiotics a few years back. I'm guessing the real average is a lot lower, while senior citizens and/or the 'mentally diseased' are jacking that figure up with their 10-20 different pills (if not more) they refill on a monthly basis.  

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Launches
12. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Launches May 10, 2015, 12:13 jacobvandy

I just noticed the mention of the lawsuit over a name... It had nothing to do with this MOBA, it was the standalone expansion for SOASE. They subtitled that 'Rebellion' and the developer of AvP and Sniper Elite with the same name sued them over it, multiple times. They might still be defending it in other countries, I'm not sure.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming May 9, 2015, 04:47 jacobvandy

Well, Steam is getting their cut from copies sold through them. And I'm sure they'd rather have people using Steam to access their game than not. It's pretty well-known among indie devs that free keys is a solid perk they offer compared to other services that may charge you a fee and/or have a limit on how many free ones you get. They don't charge for activation of Steamworks games sold through retail or other digital stores, either. They serve dozens of petabytes of data per week... All 300+ thousand of those pre-Steam Elite players would have to download the game at once to even make a blip. This is how they grow the user base; eating some bandwidth costs here and there is more than made up for by attracting more people that will stick around and buy stuff, etc.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming
8. Re: Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming May 8, 2015, 23:50 jacobvandy

loomy wrote on May 8, 2015, 23:10:
I'm curious about the goings-on behind the scenes, because I assume the generation of a steam key for an existing sale requires frontier to pay valve the steam-fee, the same as if the game was bought on steam! Which would mean that adding this feature would subtract money from frontier!

Steam keys are free.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 8, 2015, 15:22 jacobvandy

If anything, they didn't make it enough of a spectacle. Make a system announcement telling everyone in the zone to come watch or something.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Voice Cast
8. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Voice Cast May 8, 2015, 01:34 jacobvandy

ViRGE wrote on May 7, 2015, 22:35:
bigspender wrote on May 7, 2015, 21:27:
Kevin Conroy is batman!
Indeed. Conroy and Strong are the VAs you expect to return; they're playing their characters. I think Cutter was complaining about the silliness of hiring A-list screen actors to voice the other characters.

Twilight and cable TV shows are A-list now?

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews May 7, 2015, 21:03 jacobvandy

They're changing how you equip traits so that you only have three lines available at a time, but I believe you'll be able to completely fill each one. As opposed to how it is now, where spending all your trait points gives you 6/6/4 if you focus on three. But then, you won't be able to have more rounded builds like 2/6/6/2 or 2/4/4/4/2. No way to know how that will affect everything yet, since they're overhauling a lot of that stuff, rebalancing with combining some traits and adding new ones, as well as eliminating some old traits by folding them into baseline stats. Major traits are locked to their respective tiers now. They're also taking the attribute bonuses off of trait lines altogether and raising the amount you get from armor to compensate. This is a huge patch that will be coming before the expansion is released.

Anyway, the elite specializations are another trait line in addition to the existing ones, with unique abilities that are only available when you have it slotted, too. So like for the Guardian, which has Zeal, Radiance, Valor, Honor, Virtues, and soon Dragonhunter, you choose three of those to equip traits from. They've said there will be more elite specs in the future, but you will only be able to have one active at a time. I agree this is a weird aesthetic they've chosen for the Guardian... We've known it was getting the longbow with support skills for a while, but most were expecting more of a Paragon hybrid thing with chants.

This calculator gives you an idea of what the new trait system looks like, and has all of the known trait changes mixed in:

http://dulfy.net/2015/05/02/gw2-specialization-calculator-that_shaman/

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse May 6, 2015, 22:38 jacobvandy

How about not charging people for a visit that was recommended by Customer Support, wherein there's enough of a problem for you to say the visit is warranted, but the tech is such an idiot that he fails to identify it and leaves without doing anything?  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
12. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 6, 2015, 22:29 jacobvandy

Squirmer wrote on May 6, 2015, 22:24:
Paranoid Jack wrote on May 6, 2015, 21:09:
I bought it from GoG about a year ago at a healthy discount. Wish I had the Steam version for the easy mod support but I'll be ok without workshop I'm sure. I just assumed it was going to be a Steam key at the time of purchased. I had no idea then that they were moving away from Steam keys.
What do you mean "moving away from"? When did GOG ever do Steam keys?

Oops, I totally glossed over the acronym... Thought you both said GMG.

This comment was edited on May 6, 2015, 22:34.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
8. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 6, 2015, 22:08 jacobvandy

Strange indeed. This is not good for GMG's reputation.  

2958 Comments. 148 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo