Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2301 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
3. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 11, 2014, 19:26 jacobvandy

Or at the very least, allow an OPTION to use compressed or uncompressed audio... There are those who want/need the extra performance, or just the better quality audio, but the rest can save a shitload of disk space. A monkey could solve this issue (maybe one just did!).

As far as download size though, I have to think Origin is similar to Steam in that it doesn't download raw files except when necessary. Lots of games will say they require X amount of space, but download much less and expand from there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015
5. Re: The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015 Mar 11, 2014, 14:02 jacobvandy

I thought it was coming sooner than end of 2014, so next February sounded drastic. I don't mind it so much now, knowing that it's only delayed a few months.  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2014, 02:52 jacobvandy

Or maybe they just want to hire more people and get it done even faster? I've been following development of GD for a while, and if anything they're being overly conservative with their spending. Hired only one new guy since hitting Steam Early Access afaik. The lead designer was working on it in his spare time for a long while and then made the commitment of doing it full-time and living off of savings (after just having had a baby) before the Kickstarter even happened. Great game with great support, and lots of communication from the devs including weekly updates with previews of stuff they're working on.  

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month
4. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 10, 2014, 20:26 jacobvandy

Ah, no, regular price is $15 on Steam. It was on sale weekend before last for around $5 or $7.50.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Mar 10, 2014, 20:23 jacobvandy

Sanctum for 99 cents is pretty wicked, if you've yet to try that one.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
10. Re: Morning Previews Mar 10, 2014, 18:57 jacobvandy

I couldn't get into the first Witcher when I tried to play it back in the day. Not saying it was necessarily bad, just obtuse. The sequel was definitely a lot better in that regard.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
9. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 10, 2014, 18:55 jacobvandy

Nobody counts Steam sales, because they can't. No third party has access to the data, so any PC figures you read in these blurbs are always off. By a lot...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 10, 2014, 02:21 jacobvandy

Provide as many links as you like, every one of those threads has several people who feel the way I did about it. All I can say is I'm sorry you had such trouble with a simple task that you feel so offended with the notion that it could have possibly been your fault. Maybe I just have more to show from my own 20+ years of gaming experience than you?  

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 9, 2014, 23:37 jacobvandy

Okay? Every QTE is explained, so if you just pay attention it's not hard. There were a few times I was too quick to try a new ability and screwed it up because I didn't stop for two seconds to read the text on-screen about how it works. But that's my own fault, I don't bash the game for it. It's no different than never using the examine button, and then getting fucked by a stance you forgot was in effect. That's why I was surprised by the particular reaction to the Randy/bathroom segment; it's the same mechanic as was explained in detail the first time you learn a fart spell. Y'all had me expecting some jacked up Simon sequence or something... There is no skill required for being patient and aware.  

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 9, 2014, 21:10 jacobvandy

Well I just learned the fart from Randy... I have no idea what the rest of you are talking about. Two simple key-presses to start, and then the rest is identical to the other fart training sessions. If you had trouble with that, I have to think you really don't understand what was happening before and only got by on blind luck.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2014, 17:59 jacobvandy

Time is relative. DST only sucks on the night of the spring transition when you lose an hour of sleep/your weekend, or if you forget about it and end up being late somewhere. Waking up "earlier" the next day shouldn't be a problem. It's not like you're switching from daytime to graveyard shifts...  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2014, 11:39 jacobvandy

C'mon, Blue, those beans were going to be a) ground up and b) doused in boiling water anyway, so provided there was no nasty mess on the floor to ruin the flavor, it would have been fine to drink that.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Specs
10. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 11:48 jacobvandy

You're right about it not being much trouble to release for XP if you already support last-gen consoles, but XP being called a "huge install base" is laughable. It's 6% of PC gamers according to Steam.  

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 13:45 jacobvandy

Verno wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 13:29:
They offer the Crusader in the character select which is surprising considering the expansion doesn't land til the 25th, seems almost a bit misleading to have an "Upgrade" option sitting there in place of the ok button. Just in case anyone else thought if they upgraded now they could play one, you can't

Yeah, that's messed up, lol. I fired up the game after having pre-ordered RoS, patching up and upgrading to the B.net launcher... Saw the Crusader there and got excited for a second, but nope. That along with already seeing all the other options and skills that will be activated by the expansion in three weeks, it's just a little cruel.

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
30. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 11:27 jacobvandy

BitWraith wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 10:54:
The interesting part of this announcement is how much further behind it's going to put the new console generation graphically.

Are you sure about that? I guess we'd need to know more about the GPUs inside the consoles, but for example, Mantle supports AMD chips as old as the HD 7000 series, which existed in 2011, with a simple driver update. That's because of their Nintendo GameCube architecture that is shared across all of their products since then. Provided this isn't an overnight development, as I doubt it is, I wouldn't be surprised if the Xbone and PS4 can receive DX12 support via some extensive firmware update. And if they can't, there's nothing stopping them from releasing a refresh in a couple of years with new GPUs. It wouldn't be the first time a console had some segregation in hardware requirements between games.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 5, 2014, 21:35 jacobvandy

No. A follow-up would be she got hired someplace else, or announced she's writing a tell-all book, something.

That tweet, is literally nothing. The very definition of un-newsworthy.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 5, 2014, 18:30 jacobvandy

I am baffled by what passes as "news" these days. A tweet confirming the pope successfully moved his bowels this morning would be more interesting.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 18:25 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 15:16:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 14:12:
"A high-protein diet during middle age makes you nearly twice as likely to die"

Great opening line there, "highly-lauded science journal." I stopped reading immediately. Rolleyes

It's an interesting article. The problem with studying high meat, low-meat, and vegetarian diets in modern times is that health conscious people typically take on other healthy habits like doing more exercise, avoiding drugs and alcohol, eating more whole and organic foods, etc. so it's difficult to suss out what benefits are high-protein (meat) related vs. related to the myriad of other habits such people have. By studying ancient people, there was no heath movement back then, so it's easier to do an apples to apples comparison.

My point was more toward that statement making no sense when everybody is 100% likely to die to begin with. How do you not proof-read the first sentence?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 14:12 jacobvandy

"A high-protein diet during middle age makes you nearly twice as likely to die"

Great opening line there, "highly-lauded science journal." I stopped reading immediately. Rolleyes

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Mar 4, 2014, 20:20 jacobvandy

That's what the whole discussion is about though... Buy-to-play games' prices going down, somehow caused by the ability for developers to choose their own price. Regardless, I vehemently disagree that PC gamers would ever put up with a fraction of the mobile market-type bullshit antics you imply they might. Not on Steam, anyway. Windows app store, maybe, but not Steam.  

2301 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo