Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2356 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 May 4, 2014, 13:23 jacobvandy

I read a few days ago, DayZ had passed 2 million copies sold after 19 weeks in Early Access.

This comment was edited on May 4, 2014, 14:40.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Blizzard Oldies
10. Re: Free Blizzard Oldies May 3, 2014, 03:28 jacobvandy

I've never heard of Blizzard wanting your DL... What use could they possibly have for that? You sure you weren't being phished? Or are you just being facetious?  

News Comments > Free Natural Selection 2 Map
9. Re: Free Natural Selection 2 Map May 2, 2014, 20:36 jacobvandy

They sure fucked up leaving out combat mode.  

News Comments > Free Natural Selection 2 Map
5. Re: Free Natural Selection 2 Map May 2, 2014, 14:05 jacobvandy

nimski wrote on May 2, 2014, 13:28:
TychoCelchuuu wrote on May 2, 2014, 11:20:
Of all the servers that run NS2Stats, the win rate is 54% aliens 46% Marines, which isn't so bad.

Thanks, I'll give it a try again.. I stopped playing after a couple consecutive maps of 1-2 guys with jetpack/shotgun combos just wrecking the entire server. Glad it's been balanced out.

You will always have skilled players that can dominate... That's not a balance issue, at least not as far as game design.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - PC BloodRayne: Betrayal
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - PC BloodRayne: Betrayal May 1, 2014, 06:25 jacobvandy

I don't understand how they could fuck up this IP so bad. Sexy vampire inflicting shockingly gory violence on Nazis really hooked me when I was younger... Where did they go wrong? A victim of political correctness maybe?  

News Comments > Hellraid Delayed for Overhaul
6. Re: Hellraid Delayed for Overhaul May 1, 2014, 06:08 jacobvandy

Hellgate: London was awesome, too, at least until you ran into a show-stopper quest bug...  

News Comments > Hellraid Delayed for Overhaul
1. Re: Hellraid Delayed for Overhaul Apr 30, 2014, 19:51 jacobvandy

Looking forward to this. Will probably buy in to EA.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 30, 2014, 19:51 jacobvandy

Shit man, lotta actors kicking it lately.  

News Comments > Soldak's Next Game
1. Re: Soldak's Next Game Apr 30, 2014, 19:36 jacobvandy

You know, I've been a pretty big fan of zombie games... But even I have to admit that it's getting to be a bit ridiculous.  

News Comments > Stronghold 2 Video Diary
1. Re: Stronghold 2 Video Diary Apr 29, 2014, 19:30 jacobvandy

Missing 'Crusader' in the title made me do a double-take... There's already a Stronghold 2, from almost a decade ago.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
6. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 19:00 jacobvandy

It's not too difficult to get a feel for where the center of the screen is to be able to shoot without crosshairs, or some people even physically mark the center of any screen they use primarily for gaming with a Sharpie dot. But considering this appears to be the console version, I'd say it's just aim-assist. The kind where it will change the trajectory of your shot off of dead-center in order to hit the target you were "close enough" to aiming at.  

News Comments > BF4 Death Shield Killed
1. Re: BF4 Death Shield Killed Apr 29, 2014, 17:52 jacobvandy

Yes, patient for 6 months while people who found the bug in beta were free to exploit it regularly. I'm sure they're thankful for that, DICE...  

News Comments > Project CARS vs. Real-Life Comparison Video
5. Re: Project CARS vs. Real-Life Comparison Video Apr 28, 2014, 20:44 jacobvandy

Normally I'd say the same, but when they're boasting about how closely their game resembles reality, it's one of the more glaring differences that screams "I'm the fake one!"  

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
10. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 19:02 jacobvandy

Kevin Lowe wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 18:40:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 18:34:
Kevin Lowe wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 18:20:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 17:57:
Psssh. We're Bungie. We're so used to fucking you PC guys that we could care less at this point. Buy a console, you scrubs!
In what way has Bungie "fucked" you? What specific harm was inflicted?

You mean other than taking a PC game and hyping it for years and then deciding it was instead an Xbox exclusive? Only to release it years later as a shitty port? Or making the sequel not only years later than the Xbox version, again, but ALSO making it so you had to have Vista to play it?
Yeah, but what did you actually lose? Did a game you already had purchased disappear from your library?

No no, the definition of "fucked" has changed. It now applies even when you only feel you've been wronged.

News Comments > From Software Sold
35. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 18:26 jacobvandy

Yep, I am so humbled by that collapse of reasoned argument into profanity-laden ad hominem attacks, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight... And then the publicly declared ignore? Yowza, that really salted the wound! Rolleyes

Him taking his ball and going home has about as much of an effect on me as you chiming in on the backside when you're convinced I've been beaten down enough to not want to stand back up. If not stooping to his level means I'm a princess, then I ought to ask to borrow his tiara. You're right though, I didn't know about the patch. Not that it changes my opinion any.

News Comments > Project CARS vs. Real-Life Comparison Video
2. Re: Project CARS vs. Real-Life Comparison Video Apr 28, 2014, 18:09 jacobvandy

They need to overcome those weird reflections, too. I don't know if that's an issue with the geometry of the car or just an insistence to exaggerate the effect so that people notice it more, but it's way off.  

29. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 17:07 jacobvandy

"Good port, I want a good port, blah blah blah." No, you don't. You want an action-RPG just like Dark Souls, that was designed for keyboard and mouse instead. That's a completely different game, and you never had any reason to expect that. You are irrational for judging this release on that basis. Not to mention in the minority, based on its reception outside of view-baiting drama-queen YouTubers and its #1 seller status on Steam.

The only valid point I've seen in any thread here on Blue's is that you still get the Xbox button prompts when not using a controller, which I would agree is silly but it can be fixed. They'll probably polish up some key-binding issues, too, if they manage to dredge some constructive feedback out of the internet cesspool that is all of those people screaming "BAD PORT!!!1" The game runs great, is scale-able, looks much better than on consoles and will only improve over time with mods (custom textures are already in, just wait for some hi-res packs), and works flawlessly with what is probably the single most popular PC [gaming] accessory out there, the Xbox controller. Thousands upon thousands of people are happily dying over and over again, and are generally too busy actually enjoying it than making mountains out of molehills on internet forums.

P.S. Thanks for the blow-up, just shows everyone exactly the kind of person who's harboring this bizarre grudge against FROM for bringing a fantastic series to PC when they really didn't have to. I don't spend one errant moment worrying over how you play your games, but it is amusing how much offense you take when someone points out there might be a better way, one with more efficiency and utility in the right applications. On second thought, maybe you shouldn't get a gamepad, as it's a perfect missile when you fly off into a blind rage and it's bound to do some damage to whatever or whoever you hit with it...

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2014, 17:16.

24. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 16:02 jacobvandy

Darks wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 15:22:
Verno wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 14:53:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 14:23:
They are, but even better on PC. Don't let facts get in the way of the hate train, though.

Agreed. PC version or bust for me.

What hate might that be Jacob? If you are referring to the M+K fiasco, then there is good reason for that hate. Because those controls are abysmal, try remapping some of the keys in the game and see what happens. That is what kills be about the game. I specifically use the right side of my keyboard, always have. I cannot stand to use the WASD, I have larger hands and the closeness of those movement key always cause issues for me hitting keys I donít want to. I do not have those issues using the arrow keys.

When you try rebinding those keys, they wonít save. Itís utterly ridiculous that you cannot rebind certain keys in the game.

So yea, a lot of pc gamers are upset.

Lmao... First of all, I have no sympathy for anyone who plays these kinds of games with KBM. I've said it before, Dark Souls, Assassin's Creed, Need For Speed, whatever, you're torturing yourself needlessly with an inherently inferior control scheme for the gameplay style.

Even ignoring that, you're doing it wrong. I've not used arrow keys for movement since the Doom era (I'd say different strokes, but again, you're hampering yourself with a terrible hand position), but just to see for myself I went in-game right now and re-bound it that way. It worked just fine. I even restarted the game to see if it stuck, and it did, so... You'll have to blame user error there. You're probably running into an issue of overlapping keybinds that the game is trying to prevent. If it didn't do that, you'd be complaining about the game firing off spells or moving the camera or whatever when you try to step forward.

I've never said they have the best control scheme, especially not for KBM, but even for that it is serviceable. They actually did a lot to the UI in making it mouse-friendly, including a grid-based inventory and all the rollover selection. You couldn't do that in the last game. This is a gamepad game, and there's nothing wrong with that IMO. Sorry the truth hurts, but you can either suck it up and wrestle with the system they gave you or swallow your misplaced pride and get a damned controller. Believe me, you'll be much happier in playing this and many other games.

10. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 14:23 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 13:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 11:35:
mag wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 10:29:
BitWraith wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 09:59:
Well, I reckon that's the end of the Dark Souls franchise.

Well, three solid games in a series is about as good as you can ever hope, I guess.

If by solid game you mean 2 games that are abysmal console ports ...

Apparently they are good on console?

They are, but even better on PC. Don't let facts get in the way of the hate train, though.

News Comments > PC Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare in June
7. Re: PC Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare in June Apr 28, 2014, 12:26 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 10:56:
Nobody gives a shit about your dumb shooter, EA. When are you bringing PvZ 2 to the PC?

Unless they massively change it up to get rid of the F2P schlock, we're better off without it, really.

2356 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo