Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2357 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity
21. Re: Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 13, 2014, 08:21 jacobvandy

From what I've heard, it won't run well on any GPU if you don't have the processor to back it up. And even then, you're not gonna get the 100 fps you were hoping for, unless maybe you're a world record holder for CPU overclock.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mount&Blade Free on GOG.com Fall Sale
5. Re: Mount&Blade Free on GOG.com Fall Sale Nov 12, 2014, 23:02 jacobvandy

ShakyJake wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 22:27:
I really hope M&B 2 happens. After all the Bannerlord announcements happened last year, all talk about it just seemed to dry up. Warband is a brilliantly fun game, but an updated version would be nice.

They showed a teaser/developer diary just a few weeks ago. It's coming.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2014, 14:50 jacobvandy

Fair enough. But if it were so easy to come up with a working vaccine for ebola -- lord knows those tens of thousands of Africans have waited long enough! -- why wait to whip one together in less than six months following a global media scare campaign?  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2014, 14:34 jacobvandy

Beamer wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 14:21:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 14:05:

At any rate, I hope those ebola vaccines fucking flop. Sadly, I'm not so sure they will...

Wait, what?
You hope something that could save the lives of tens of thousands of people in Africa flops?

Why would Johnson & Johnson give a fuck about helping people in Africa? It's gonna be at every Walgreens, CVS, and Rite-Aid in America and cost ten times more than your similarly-effective flu "vaccine" they already use to fleece people with twice a year. We have NO REASON to waste money on that shit. Maybe if it doesn't sell and a few years from now they have warehouses full of the junk, they'll send it overseas for a modicum of press exposure. It's not a cure, so I doubt it'll do anything, anyway.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2014, 14:05 jacobvandy

It's just another swine flu or H1N1 or SARS hype job. Except with it being specifically a disease being brought here from abroad by unknowing hosts, it's also another reason for them to indefinitely imprison anyone they'd like once they catch them going through an airport.

At any rate, I hope those ebola vaccines fucking flop. Sadly, I'm not so sure they will...

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews
19. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews Nov 12, 2014, 09:27 jacobvandy

The game is clearly CPU-limited...  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P)
4. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 11, 2014, 19:56 jacobvandy

Yes... I really hope they crank up the destructibility of environments even more. That has always been the entire appeal of the game for me, and it was really impressive for its time in JC2. Now with a raised baseline of console specs and ridiculously powerful GPUs on PC, they ought to be able to push the envelope pretty far.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2014, 18:13 jacobvandy

InBlack wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 10:00:
Sort of on topic, I just finished watching Band of Brothers over the weekend. This is the third time Ive seen it I believe, still one of the best shows ever and still as clearcut and powerful as the first time Ive seen it.

Aren't there rumours going round that Spielberg and Hanks are teaming up again for another WWII epic mini-series? This time it's apparently based on the "Mighty 8th" Army Air Force.

I hope its true and I hope it's as realistic as Band of Brothers was or put in other words its the complete opposite of "Red Tails".

I hope you've seen The Pacific? I was expecting it to be named in your post, but just in case, thought I'd mention it.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2014, 18:07 jacobvandy

From the horse's mouth:

To be perfectly clear: Just Cause 3 will be available in 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC. It will be distributed as a retail box and digital download. It is not a Free To Play game. It does not feature in-game micro transactions.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2014, 15:52 jacobvandy

Katy Perry has been solidly in "look, but don't touch" territory ever since she hooked up with Russel Brand... I don't even want to know what kind of nasty crap he infested her with.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Patch & Dedicated Server Talk
3. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Patch & Dedicated Server Talk Nov 9, 2014, 13:41 jacobvandy

Because they invented the obviously superior IW.net along with Modern Warfare 2. Basically they don't want to provide servers for millions upon millions of players, so they off-load it onto your peer's shitty machine/connection, instead.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2014, 23:38 jacobvandy

Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 20:04:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 19:58:
Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 14:05:
And how do they know there aren't ghosts isn't a Flying Spaghetti Monster? Seems to me I haven't seen any solid evidence either way.

Fixed.

False analogy. People are energy, neither created nor destroyed, only transferred. We transition into something else, it's merely a question of what.

Worm food. You're missing the part where energy can turn into matter and vice versa.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2014, 23:45.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
3. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 8, 2014, 13:34 jacobvandy

The songs aren't a huge deal for me, but if I wanted to, I could re-install my original, now technically rated AO DVD version!  

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
78. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 15:38 jacobvandy

Ah, well, turns out it doesn't matter for me... Pulled the trigger on a GTX 970 last night and I already have my free copy of Far Cry 4. Not buying the other two, anyway.  

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
48. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 12:53 jacobvandy

Omni wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 12:21:
Always this internet uproar when ubisoft or EA pulls something like this but the problem is people still buy there games/DLCs, The day people start speaking with there wallets then the companies might start to change for the better or maybe it is to late for that.

...and now that fucking rumor going around with Rockstar that they are gonna use some 'new' DRM.

It's new-ish, called Denuvo. It's been used in the last couple of FIFA games and most recently Lords of the Fallen. The company boasts of their success in avoiding being cracked for as long as a month and a half. People hate it because it uses CPU power to do what it does, reducing performance in the game.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS
45. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 18:10 jacobvandy

Everyone is freaking out now, because all upcoming Ubisoft games have disappeared from the Steam store... FC4, The Crew, and AC: Unity. Was first thought to be unique to the UK region for wacky retailer deal reasons, but now it's everywhere!  

News Comments > Evening Previews
10. Re: Evening Previews Nov 6, 2014, 08:40 jacobvandy

Acleacius wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 22:49:
Too bad GTA doesn't let you roll your own toon in open world. I'd have a lot more respect for GTA, if at the very least they let you play as neutral, if not a good toon.

Forced villain? Bleh... Shakefist

Erm, and what would you be doing in Grand Theft Auto, if you don't want to do anything illegal?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 5, 2014, 08:59 jacobvandy

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 18:40:
Arg. I don;t want to spend money on a PS4 version of a PS3 game with basically no differences, but I wonder if the PS4 version of Rocksmith is more stable? My PS3 copy crashes all the time and locks up the whole machine. Very irritating.

All your DLC transfers over from PS3 to PS4, which would be reason enough for me (outside of better performance, of course). But they also just announced next-gen players get the upcoming $30 Jimi Hendrix 12-song pack for free. So if you're interested in that, you might consider it a rebate of sorts.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed
45. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 4, 2014, 17:50 jacobvandy

First-person is going to be awesome!

NKD wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 15:47:
I already own and have extensively played the game on PS3. If the game had new story content or something, then that combined with the HD enhancements MIGHT make it worth picking up at full price, or if they offered me a discount for having already purchased their game at full price at launch. But as it stands now it's going to be The Corsair's Harbor and later a $10 Steam sale for me.

Your argument bases itself upon "full price" being some arbitrary measure of value, a cost that shall never be exceeded by any one game. That's just wrong... When their $60 game is better than every other game released in that entire year combined... Buying it twice is a pittance. No joke.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Preorders
8. Re: Far Cry 4 Preorders Nov 2, 2014, 00:33 jacobvandy

If you missed out on an epic gunfight in the savannah with wildfires raging around you climaxing in your rocket-propelled grenade plunking down to the ground five feet in front of you because of a mis-fire, creating one of the most unexpectedly awesome and compelling moments in your entire life as a gamer... I kind of feel sorry for you.  

2357 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo