Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2263 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
10. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 19:02 jacobvandy

Kevin Lowe wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 18:40:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 18:34:
Kevin Lowe wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 18:20:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 17:57:
Psssh. We're Bungie. We're so used to fucking you PC guys that we could care less at this point. Buy a console, you scrubs!
In what way has Bungie "fucked" you? What specific harm was inflicted?

You mean other than taking a PC game and hyping it for years and then deciding it was instead an Xbox exclusive? Only to release it years later as a shitty port? Or making the sequel not only years later than the Xbox version, again, but ALSO making it so you had to have Vista to play it?
Yeah, but what did you actually lose? Did a game you already had purchased disappear from your library?

No no, the definition of "fucked" has changed. It now applies even when you only feel you've been wronged.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > From Software Sold
35. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 18:26 jacobvandy

Yep, I am so humbled by that collapse of reasoned argument into profanity-laden ad hominem attacks, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight... And then the publicly declared ignore? Yowza, that really salted the wound! Rolleyes

Him taking his ball and going home has about as much of an effect on me as you chiming in on the backside when you're convinced I've been beaten down enough to not want to stand back up. If not stooping to his level means I'm a princess, then I ought to ask to borrow his tiara. You're right though, I didn't know about the patch. Not that it changes my opinion any.

News Comments > Project CARS vs. Real-Life Comparison Video
2. Re: Project CARS vs. Real-Life Comparison Video Apr 28, 2014, 18:09 jacobvandy

They need to overcome those weird reflections, too. I don't know if that's an issue with the geometry of the car or just an insistence to exaggerate the effect so that people notice it more, but it's way off.  

29. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 17:07 jacobvandy

"Good port, I want a good port, blah blah blah." No, you don't. You want an action-RPG just like Dark Souls, that was designed for keyboard and mouse instead. That's a completely different game, and you never had any reason to expect that. You are irrational for judging this release on that basis. Not to mention in the minority, based on its reception outside of view-baiting drama-queen YouTubers and its #1 seller status on Steam.

The only valid point I've seen in any thread here on Blue's is that you still get the Xbox button prompts when not using a controller, which I would agree is silly but it can be fixed. They'll probably polish up some key-binding issues, too, if they manage to dredge some constructive feedback out of the internet cesspool that is all of those people screaming "BAD PORT!!!1" The game runs great, is scale-able, looks much better than on consoles and will only improve over time with mods (custom textures are already in, just wait for some hi-res packs), and works flawlessly with what is probably the single most popular PC [gaming] accessory out there, the Xbox controller. Thousands upon thousands of people are happily dying over and over again, and are generally too busy actually enjoying it than making mountains out of molehills on internet forums.

P.S. Thanks for the blow-up, just shows everyone exactly the kind of person who's harboring this bizarre grudge against FROM for bringing a fantastic series to PC when they really didn't have to. I don't spend one errant moment worrying over how you play your games, but it is amusing how much offense you take when someone points out there might be a better way, one with more efficiency and utility in the right applications. On second thought, maybe you shouldn't get a gamepad, as it's a perfect missile when you fly off into a blind rage and it's bound to do some damage to whatever or whoever you hit with it...

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2014, 17:16.

24. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 16:02 jacobvandy

Darks wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 15:22:
Verno wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 14:53:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 14:23:
They are, but even better on PC. Don't let facts get in the way of the hate train, though.

Agreed. PC version or bust for me.

What hate might that be Jacob? If you are referring to the M+K fiasco, then there is good reason for that hate. Because those controls are abysmal, try remapping some of the keys in the game and see what happens. That is what kills be about the game. I specifically use the right side of my keyboard, always have. I cannot stand to use the WASD, I have larger hands and the closeness of those movement key always cause issues for me hitting keys I donít want to. I do not have those issues using the arrow keys.

When you try rebinding those keys, they wonít save. Itís utterly ridiculous that you cannot rebind certain keys in the game.

So yea, a lot of pc gamers are upset.

Lmao... First of all, I have no sympathy for anyone who plays these kinds of games with KBM. I've said it before, Dark Souls, Assassin's Creed, Need For Speed, whatever, you're torturing yourself needlessly with an inherently inferior control scheme for the gameplay style.

Even ignoring that, you're doing it wrong. I've not used arrow keys for movement since the Doom era (I'd say different strokes, but again, you're hampering yourself with a terrible hand position), but just to see for myself I went in-game right now and re-bound it that way. It worked just fine. I even restarted the game to see if it stuck, and it did, so... You'll have to blame user error there. You're probably running into an issue of overlapping keybinds that the game is trying to prevent. If it didn't do that, you'd be complaining about the game firing off spells or moving the camera or whatever when you try to step forward.

I've never said they have the best control scheme, especially not for KBM, but even for that it is serviceable. They actually did a lot to the UI in making it mouse-friendly, including a grid-based inventory and all the rollover selection. You couldn't do that in the last game. This is a gamepad game, and there's nothing wrong with that IMO. Sorry the truth hurts, but you can either suck it up and wrestle with the system they gave you or swallow your misplaced pride and get a damned controller. Believe me, you'll be much happier in playing this and many other games.

10. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 14:23 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 13:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 11:35:
mag wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 10:29:
BitWraith wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 09:59:
Well, I reckon that's the end of the Dark Souls franchise.

Well, three solid games in a series is about as good as you can ever hope, I guess.

If by solid game you mean 2 games that are abysmal console ports ...

Apparently they are good on console?

They are, but even better on PC. Don't let facts get in the way of the hate train, though.

News Comments > PC Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare in June
7. Re: PC Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare in June Apr 28, 2014, 12:26 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 10:56:
Nobody gives a shit about your dumb shooter, EA. When are you bringing PvZ 2 to the PC?

Unless they massively change it up to get rid of the F2P schlock, we're better off without it, really.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 27, 2014, 20:02 jacobvandy

It's always funny when stories or people yammering about in general refer to "Bitcoin" as this entity, like it's a corporation that owns and operates the currency. That's showing you're missing the point of it entirely.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Apr 26, 2014, 21:30 jacobvandy

Cereal? I died at least that many times before fighting the first boss. But then I do tend to play more aggressive/risky (because it's more fun) and without spectating hard parts as a ghost before I go through them myself (because I'm not a pussy :P). The first couple characters are throwaways for me anyway, especially this time with that retarded change to leveling... Spoilerish: I didn't learn until 5 hours in that you have to find an NPC hidden off to the side of the first post-tutorial bonfire in order to spend your souls to level up, i.e. when I started to wonder "WTF do I get to level up" and googled it. Also means I was playing all that time without an estus flask, thought they removed it, LOL. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2014, 21:58.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 26, 2014, 18:28 jacobvandy

Maybe he's thinking of a different kind of laser cel(l). Like a weapon.  

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
6. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 13:30 jacobvandy

Why not? You don't think they have at least one or two video guys who do nothing but put together promotional media? If anything, I'd probably want to grow that team for a week to try and smooth things over with something people would actually be satisfied watching. Whether their next million in funding trickles or pours may depend on it!  

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
4. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 13:06 jacobvandy

Well any band can sound decent in the studio with all the digital wizardry you can do... The real test is performing live, and that's what RSI failed.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 25, 2014, 01:58 jacobvandy

Trevellian wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 23:49:
Most of us are PC gamers, and I expected a PC game. Especially with all of the (Now Obvious) blatent lies that more development time went into the PC port. As much as everyone hates Gearbox around here, you could take the difference between Borderlands 1 and 2 on PC as a fine example. They didn't need to reinvent the wheel, just show the PC gamers the respect they deserved in the UI and Control department. That is hardly a challenge to accomplish correctly.

In Short
I'm glad you're happy with your Console game. However I paid for a game on PC and expect a PC experience. They're shills for lying to the fanbase outright. Period. No matter how happy YOU are with the game.

So... Do you play fighting games and racing games with the keyboard? Even Assassin's Creed or Batmam: Arkham kinds of games I can't stand to not use a gamepad with. Same way I wouldn't want to play a shooter or RTS without KBM -- some people do whine about not having controller support for games like that and I view it the same way I do some posts in this thread, with astonishment. As Rattle points out (a little more harshly than I've tried to), PC controls include anything you can plug in and use, and restricting yourself to KBM is often unwise and sometimes just plain stupid.

They improved the UI to be more mouse-friendly (pause 'screen' does rollovers and you have a right-click context menu). Assets including textures and shadows are far higher resolution than the consoles could handle or even possibly make use of at sub-720p. The KBM controls are far better than they used to be, when they were just emulating button presses rather than letting you do things like double-click to heavy attack or scroll the mouse wheel through your belt items. I understand if that's not good enough for you, I just don't get the expectations.

I don't know how the fuck you could use Borderlands 2 as a point of comparison, either... It was awesome that they went so far above and beyond for the PC version, but nobody was expecting that when they initially said they were gonna do better with the port. Not to mention the fact that they're a veteran studio with roots in PC development making a Half-Life expansion, etc. FROM is a life-long PlayStation studio that almost begrudgingly relented to a PC port of one game, purely as fan service, when that is exactly what was asked of them. The petition did not read "we want a PC version and IT BETTER MEASURE UP TO THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE STANDARDS OF PC GAME FUNCTIONALITY OR ELSE YOU'RE JUST A BUNCH OF ASSHOLES!" They do a lot better the next time around, but since you deem the extra few months of PC coding and QA they performed a waste of time, suddenly they're liars and crooks and shouldn't even have bothered?

Maybe you shouldn't have pre-ordered or insta-bought a game you weren't sure would measure up to your standards, especially when you so abhorred its predecessor? Good luck trying to get a refund over how terribly deceived you feel, I'm sure Steam support is just dying to hear your iron-clad reasoning.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2014, 02:14.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 24, 2014, 22:49 jacobvandy

Trevellian wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 22:19:
Game pissed me off within an hour. Not due to the Dark Souls level difficulty.
Due to the fact that they still didn't learn from the first game and the mouse and keyboard controls are horrid. On top of the fact that the prompts for everything still have Xbox Buttons.

Thanks Fromsoftware.
Another 50 dollar disappointment I get to try to forget.

The reviews for this game lied.

If you ever had the expectation they'd be completely redesigning the movement and combat to work well with KBM, then you're pretty out of touch. Customizable keybinds is the most you were going to get out of this, a game designed for controllers from the ground up. It's not an issue of port quality, it's base game design that is not compatible with your stubbornness. It's not a PC game, deal with it. I, on the other hand, am ecstatic to have a fantastic console game available on a platform that provides vastly improved graphical fidelity and performance out of the box.

Anyway, yeah, I'm playing at 19x12 and still have the black bars. I don't know if you can get rid of that even with the DSfix guy's new tool, but you should be able to configure it for any custom resolution you want.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2014, 23:04.

News Comments > Survarium One-Day Beta Tomorrow, Client Downloads Tonight
3. Re: Survarium One-Day Beta Tomorrow, Client Downloads Tonight Apr 24, 2014, 20:21 jacobvandy

I still get a bit sad whenever I read about this project... STALKER 2 it ain't. Somebody will eventually step in to fill that void, and they'll have a free ticket for the hype train to help them along.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 23, 2014, 19:39 jacobvandy

Someone hit it in the comments of that article: this is why the Prime sub price is going up. I'm sure they paid millions upon millions for this, and it's really not all that impressive. You won't be watching GoT on Prime, at least not any time soon.  

News Comments > Morning Kickstarter Roundup
12. Re: Morning Kickstarter Roundup Apr 23, 2014, 13:07 jacobvandy

This is why I don't think a roundup is a good idea after all. Rather than scraping the bottom of the barrel a couple times a day, just let the decent KS projects float to the top as they naturally do and give them their own post.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 22, 2014, 22:52 jacobvandy

Over the weekend I saw those lite-brite construction signs on the highway warning of "handheld cell" tickets costing $160+. I'm pretty sure that here in CA they don't care what you're doing, if they see a cell phone in your hand they're going to pull you over.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 22, 2014, 22:24 jacobvandy

Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 19:52:
What a world.

Exactly, it's the world eating that kind of shit up that is the reason he's being paid. I can't fault the guy for taking video on a vacation, and you have to post something like that online for your friends to see because it was probably the most interesting thing that he did over there... It's not his fault it went viral. Better to hit the social media lottery than try to act the victim and sue someone.

News Comments > Borderlands 1 & Civilization III/IV MP Moving to Steam
1. Re: Borderlands 1 & Civilization III/IV MP Moving to Steam Apr 22, 2014, 20:16 jacobvandy

I knew this would happen, good for them.  

2263 Comments. 114 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo