Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2872 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite OS X Plans
3. Re: Fortnite OS X Plans Jun 9, 2015, 04:21 jacobvandy

Huh? This is wave-survival Minecraft. The only major negative so far is how goddamn long they're taking to finish it... It was announced at the 2011 VGAs!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer
4. Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer Jun 8, 2015, 15:54 jacobvandy

Oh, man, I just saw this posted elsewhere... They barely touch on it in the Capcom blog, but this is being done by a company that's looking to update lots of old games like this into modern digital format. They have a platform-agnostic engine called Eclipse, so that once the game is converted from its original format, it can be played anywhere they port the engine to. Several projects are in the works, Mega Man is just the first to be announced.

http://digitaleclipse.com/

News Comments > Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer
3. Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer Jun 8, 2015, 15:26 jacobvandy

Gotta save something for the sequel.

My first thought was they're doing this to go against Mighty No. 9, and staggering the release of classic Mega Man games gives them even more coverage to that end.

News Comments > Indie Developers on Steam Refunds
38. Re: Indie Developers on Steam Refunds Jun 8, 2015, 14:35 jacobvandy

I'm thinking Qwiboo and Puppygames might be upset because they grew accustomed to that steady stream of impulse buys, assuming they were all satisfied customers. People trying their game(s) on a whim and discovering they're disappointed were stuck with it, but since it was cheap they didn't bother expressing their displeasure in a review or etc. Only people who feel very strongly negatively will bother to write it down when they could otherwise just write it off and move on. But now with the possibility of a refund, why wouldn't you reclaim that money and spend it on something you actually do like?

I regret buying Revenge of the Titans, myself. Would definitely have gotten a refund when I played it for less than an hour the first time, if I could have. I liked their take on Space Invaders a lot more, but even that I don't think is worth $10.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer
6. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer Jun 8, 2015, 14:20 jacobvandy

That's exactly it, these are not new features, lol. The same stuff was in Arkham Asylum. It's a good investment by NVIDIA, I guess, if they can keep touting it as something new and awesome with barely any extra work per sequel. Okay, sorry, one new little particle effect that accompanies gliding with your cape if weather = rain.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2015, 14:15 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 14:04:
I understand that the showrunners are trying to reduce the number of characters to keep it reasonable, but you can only do so much without eliminating critical plot points.

Whoops, thanks for reminding me. I forgot to mention that the Sons of the Harpy being used to kill off Hizdahr, the guy who Daenerys reluctantly married to appease her subjects, eliminates him trying to poison her later. He's supposed to go out showing his true colors as a scumbag mole, not some victim. But then, Ser Barristan Selmy was supposed to still be alive to kick his ass out and then help command the armies when war comes. A war which I think the show might also be omitting...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2015, 13:52 jacobvandy

The reason it's starting to fall off is they've run out of source material for some of the plot lines they've chosen to focus on. This is in addition to some major re-workings they've done in order to avoid the inclusion of literally dozens of other supporting characters that were infused into the books by now. For instance, last night's brawl in the fighting pit was COMPLETELY different than in the book -- there were no Sons of the Harpy there and Drogon wasn't a last-second hero. Instead, the dragon was attracted to the commotion of the stadium and began running wild, attacking everyone in the panic, before finally Daenerys stood up to him and survived a point-blank fireball unscathed before they flew away together. At this point, it's either the show writers are just making shit up on their own, or GRR is being forced to churn out hasty crap to meet their demands. Maybe both. It's just going to get worse if they don't move on to other things (including possibly going back in time) next season. There is PLENTY they could show, things that people who only watch the show have no idea are going on simultaneously to the events of the past two seasons.

Also, yes, I don't know what you're talking about either, Blue. Care to elaborate in spoiler tags?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 8, 2015, 01:46 jacobvandy

Pricing for demand is simple economics...  

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 7, 2015, 20:37 jacobvandy

ARK sold 200,000 copies in the first two days.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 7, 2015, 15:58 jacobvandy

No, it seems he literally has "[nickname]@gmail.com," which for some reason is something people put down on forms when they don't care or don't understand what they're doing? I don't get it, like why would you write it with brackets, but apparently it was a problem for him. I'd just use the coupons and stop complaining.  

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 7, 2015, 15:41 jacobvandy

jimnms wrote on Jun 7, 2015, 12:48:
I'm also surprised to see Fallout 3 and New Vegas there. Those sales are pretty sucky compared to past sales. Both FO3 GotY and FNV UE were $5 several times before and people are now buying them for $12. They'll probably be $5 during the summer sale, unless Bethesda gets greedy and decides not to discount them anymore with Fallout 4 around the corner.

It's because of the FO4 hype. So many people wanting to play the previous games in anticipation. The sale was not as good because they (Bethesda) were counting on that demand in the wake of the announcement. I wonder if they actually made more money that way... Like are there enough people who still didn't have it that could push the volume of $5 sales high enough to be better than this many $12 sales?

Oddly enough, I am aware of an increase in desire to play post-apocalyptic wasteland games because of the new Mad Max, lol. I'm sure Bethesda appreciates that, as well.

News Comments > Skyforge Video
7. Re: Skyforge Video Jun 6, 2015, 05:29 jacobvandy

It seemed pretty obvious to me where they switched from standard gameplay animations to something specifically orchestrated for this video (or maybe an in-game cutscene, whatever). The dead giveaway is the guy backing up against the rock.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
24. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched Jun 5, 2015, 22:25 jacobvandy

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 22:01:
Shocked that anyone would suggest skipping the dialogs. This game has some of the best writing, in-game cut scenes, and consistent quality through out. Yes, it is a huge game with unknown hours of dialog but why you would choose to skip it is mind blowing. I think most of the quest dialogs are great. With a nice variety from whacky strange, to funny, to sad, and even depressing. I've enjoying almost every minute of the game so far and I can't even tell you how many dozens of hours I have played. Just an amazing game.

Not to mention the facial animations! You see little wrinkles around the forehead, eyes, and mouth appear and disappear with changing expressions, even the cheeks slightly inflate where appropriate based on what they're saying. Going back to finish up Dragon Age: Inquisition after playing Witcher 3 was a jarring step backward in time, where the most advanced lip-synching BioWare has ever done looks like ventriloquist dummies talking at each other by comparison.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
12. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched Jun 5, 2015, 18:07 jacobvandy

Lol, that is pretty awesome. However, I went back with my end-game character to see what level the chort is, and it's only 27! Plus it endlessly, instantly respawns, so once you're mid-20s you've got another, much more lucrative money exploit. XD

http://i.imgur.com/hqByStl.jpg

(Yes, if you lose aggro he just goes on to slaughter the townfolk.)

News Comments > Desura & Indie Royale Parent Bankrupt
3. Re: Desura & Indie Royale Parent Bankrupt Jun 5, 2015, 17:16 jacobvandy

Lol, you mean, with a CEO face like this: http://www.badjuju.com/wp-content/uploads/tnovak-photo.jpg

Seriously, though, they must have had no idea what they were getting into with digital distribution, going bankrupt 7 months after the acquisition.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2015, 17:24.

News Comments > Steam Controller Video
12. Re: Steam Controller Video Jun 5, 2015, 13:01 jacobvandy

peteham wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 10:29:
Definitely going to pick one up when it's available. Doubt I'll be using it for FPS games any time soon, but for games like Witcher 3 that probably use the right stick just to look around with minimal precision required, the pad might be a lot nicer than a stick. Sometimes it's just nice to put the game on the TV and game from the comfy couch.

Watching that clip of him trackpadding in Witcher 3 made me want to vomit. I thought they were supposed to have an analog stick emulation mode for that touch pad?

News Comments > DayZ Downturn
14. Re: DayZ Downturn Jun 5, 2015, 12:56 jacobvandy

Clearly a large portion of griefers have moved over to GTA Online. Also, fads don't last forever. 6,000 concurrent players is still way better than most games on Steam (Top 40). IMO the game is better off without so many filthy casuals.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
121. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 5, 2015, 04:49 jacobvandy

NVIDIA drivers enabled AO in Skyrim, so the same will apply here, I'm sure. I fear it will have the same glitches, though, if nothing major has changed with the engine... AO should not be drawing shadowy outlines around your weapon onto the ground, completely shattering the illusion of a 3D scene.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Trailer
4. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Trailer Jun 4, 2015, 20:40 jacobvandy

I like the destruction, but yeah, Tom Clancy continues to roll in his grave like a hog on a spit.  

News Comments > Steam Machine Preorders
14. Re: Steam Machine Preorders Jun 4, 2015, 15:29 jacobvandy

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 15:09:
Is there a point to Steamlink if you can just hook up a video cable to your TV? Wouldn't there be more latency going through another device?

The point is you stream it over a network because you don't have your computer close enough to do that. And/or you have too much pride to string a 50-foot cable through a hallway.

2872 Comments. 144 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo