Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2804 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale in Spring?
11. Re: Steam Summer Sale in Spring? May 29, 2015, 22:04 jacobvandy

clint wrote on May 29, 2015, 20:56:
a small petty nitpick but i wish they had another name than 'summer' sale since alot of the world will not be entering summer in june.

They've been having hemisphere-neutral events for a few years now. For example, this is from Holiday '13

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Loses Class Status; Drops Gearbox
3. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Loses Class Status; Drops Gearbox May 29, 2015, 18:19 jacobvandy

Wallshadows wrote on May 29, 2015, 17:59:
Wasn't there recently news that you could get some kind of refund from a lump sum of cash?

The article touches on that, apparently nothing was finalized. And now that it's no longer a class action, that's off the table completely. It was ruled that you can't just say everyone who bought the game deserves a refund, it'd have to be limited to people who can reasonably attest to having been misled. Can't say I disagree.

So, if SEGA settles, they'll only be paying the two guys who filed the suit. Something tells me they won't be splitting $1.25 million, either.

News Comments > Overwatch Video
5. Re: Overwatch Video May 29, 2015, 12:50 jacobvandy

I need to hear that bitch's death sigh every 10 seconds like I need a hole in the head!  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
26. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 04:20 jacobvandy

There are some skills that make accumulated adrenaline increase your damage, as well as give you a small chance to instantly kill an enemy with any hit (different than a normal finisher, it just randomly decides whether you'll do super bonus damage that equals their remaining health). But you might not want to combine those with other things that spend it. Such as the skill that lets you use up full adrenaline on casting a supercharged, fully-unlocked sign without having to invest points in that tree.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
7. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 28, 2015, 21:25 jacobvandy

Um, no, this is week two of their free DLC thing. Temerian armor and the barber were available at launch, while the Yen outfit and new quest just came out. Next week there will be two more things, so on and so forth for eight weeks total.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Price Discussed
29. Re: Oculus Rift Price Discussed May 28, 2015, 14:10 jacobvandy

I sincerely doubt you're the first to guess any price. But that sounds about right to me.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse May 28, 2015, 14:07 jacobvandy

Yes, only obscure original copies of GTA:SA are still technically AO, so it's effectively M. But the reminder does serve to reiterate how much of a farce the ESRB really is, at least in how they handle the whole M vs. AO thing... GTA V has far more graphic sexual content and nudity than San Andreas, with no need of modding to enable it, yet it keeps its Mature rating and mainstream availability.

Does anyone know if they have done anything about streaming strip club titties? I'm sure they wouldn't dare ban GTA V outright, despite the fact that they should to remain ideologically consistent, because that would instantly kill a huge chunk of their traffic... As it stands, it sounds like they're using an AO ban as a way around such questions. Rolleyes

This comment was edited on May 28, 2015, 14:12.

News Comments > The Witcher III Exp Bug
17. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 13:51 jacobvandy

There are guards, explicitly named as such, who will catch you stealing if you do so right in front of them and probably attack you. It's just that there are so few of them in villages compared to a military outpost that you're unlikely to be seen stealing most of the time. It warns you if you open up a container within their view.  

News Comments > Borderlands Drop Rate Increases
11. Re: Borderlands Drop Rate Increases May 27, 2015, 13:52 jacobvandy

IIRC, you can indeed get pink weapons from golden keys.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
5. Re: Evening Patches May 27, 2015, 01:15 jacobvandy

shihonage wrote on May 26, 2015, 18:08:
Not playing KF2 until they stop monsters from blatantly teleporting behind your back. Not only does the player move like a turtle, they STILL can't make this mechanic work gracefully, while L4D solved this 7 years ago.

Well, I feel plenty mobile when I'm sprinting backwards and outrunning almost any threat (and when I can't outrun them, I jump over ledges and stuff to outwit their pathfinding). What would you prefer they do?

News Comments > Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned
14. Re: Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned May 27, 2015, 01:12 jacobvandy

Lol, first time I've ever heard of buying a stereo from Cheech's van in an alleyway described as "trying to catch a break." Oh yeah, I am feeling so oppressed by retail prices!  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches May 26, 2015, 17:56 jacobvandy

Where's the new perk? Gah! New content is always good, though.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. May 26, 2015, 17:55 jacobvandy

ldonyo wrote on May 26, 2015, 17:49:
Since when did "choosing not to make available to their customers" become "refuses to distribute"? They already have Postal and Postal 2, why do they need another random mass murder game?

I dunno, ever since the world at large agreed on the meaning of the word "refuse?" As in, to say no, which they did.

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
46. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 16:28 jacobvandy

You can manually aim while shooting the crossbow or throwing bombs by holding the key/button down instead of tapping it.  

36. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 15:34 jacobvandy

I don't gather stuff at all, in fact you should just turn off the plant icons on the minimap and save yourself the hassle of OCD if that's what it is. Go to an herbalist now and then, you can shift between the alchemy crafting and their shop, buy what they have that you need to make what you want. If they don't have everything, try another one in a different town. The only limiting factor should be monster-specific trophies for higher-tier recipes.  

30. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 14:56 jacobvandy

I know it's not perfect, but the UI for some things including the inventory/shops interface heavily favors the mouse. Yes, give feedback on things they could further improve, but don't pretend they didn't already sacrifice a good deal of gamepad usability in favor of the PC.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2015, 14:20 jacobvandy

Okay, all you need to do is set that Witcher 3 horse video to SUWGOMH and it'd be perfect. XD

I haven't seen standing-on-tail before, but I've done plenty of front-half-buried while running.

News Comments > Star Citizen Asset Leak
14. Re: Star Citizen Asset Leak May 25, 2015, 16:37 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on May 25, 2015, 16:04:
Has there ever been a game/movie where space ships are NOT designed with the nod to surface ship/submarine design? What I mean is, almost all designs I've ever seen have an "up" and a "bottom" that seems largely undefended: The Enterprise, Star Destroyers, the Galactica, the Rodger Young. There are a few exceptions, like the Borg ships or maybe the Sulaco, but usually space ships are designs that don't take the 3D nature of space in mind.

If you have primary thrust that only works in one direction, then your craft has a front side that will probably be pointed where you're attacking and a back side that will be exposed when retreating. Any other face is of much less consequence. There are variations, like a broadside artillery vessel, but only the largest and least maneuverable of ships have need to defend every angle. Star Destroyers are in that latter category to a degree, and have turrets fuckin' everywhere, man, lol, but something smaller like the Enterprise just orients itself toward the threat.

News Comments > Memorial Day Patches
5. Re: Memorial Day Patches May 25, 2015, 16:14 jacobvandy

They definitely did not fix alt-tabbing, you still need to have another window open to make it possible (so... task manager).  

News Comments > Memorial Day Patches
3. Re: Memorial Day Patches May 25, 2015, 13:49 jacobvandy

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Patch 1.04 changelog:
Rebinding any key is now available after switching Unlock Bindings option in Options \ Key bindings submenu.

Corrects an issue in the dialog system that might rarely cause dialog looping in scenes.

Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were under the influence of Axii sign.

Corrects a bug causing spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.

1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displaying as valid resolution option.

Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.

Texture rendering quality for high / ultra presets improved.

Further improvements in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.

A few additional Gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.

Fixes an issue where users with usernames using non-latin characters were unable to import saves from Witcher 2.

Overall stability and performance improvements.

Fixes related to alt + tabbing and minimizing game window.

Game icon updated.

Enlarges the size of the loot pop-up window in the UI.

Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could be displayed outside of game borders in the UI.

Upgrading set items no longer destroys sockets.

Small UI tweaks for Gwent.

Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.

2804 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo