Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2539 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III "Major Lag"
5. Re: Diablo III Jan 19, 2015, 15:01 jacobvandy

Major Lag! *salutes*

Seriously though, I wouldn't doubt the goblins have something to do with it. I've been running T6 rifts and slaughtering them by the dozens, showering the bloody ground with literally hundreds of items. Multiply that by however many people are doing the same simultaneously, and you probably get spikes of network traffic that may be causing havoc somewhere along the line. I really don't care though, because it's tons of fun! :p

Also, I have discovered something lame: Malevolent Tormentors (the legendary loot goblins) definitely are not spawning in pairs... Booooooo!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Resident Evil HD Preloads
6. Re: Resident Evil HD Preloads Jan 18, 2015, 23:47 jacobvandy

Overon wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 18:17:
I hope it's not burdended by the scourge of consolitis.

notsureifserious.gif

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
6. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 17, 2015, 13:53 jacobvandy

Yeah... Testing that event in a closed environment amongst developers, WHO DON'T HAVE TO PAY TO MAKE IT HAPPEN, is completely different than the real-world player scenario. People will either be upset that they wasted money and got nothing for it, or they're offended at the notion of paying to initiate what is supposed to be a fun event in the game and/or being able to gamble for good loot.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
24. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 00:45 jacobvandy

GMG is providing a Rockstar Social Club key, not a Steam key. I'm not sure that's worth saving the $15, to have to manage another games library...  

News Comments > H1Z1 Refunds
26. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 17, 2015, 00:36 jacobvandy

Yeah, I took the refund. I hadn't even checked it out yet because of all the server issues, but my DayZ buddy played it last night and said it is a steaming pile of crap right now, on top of the air drop P2W nonsense. Not really worth paying to play it in its current state, just wait for when it's free if you want to try it at all.  

News Comments > Diablo III Celebrates Patch With Buffs
14. Re: Diablo III Celebrates Patch With Buffs Jan 15, 2015, 12:24 jacobvandy

After posting here about my single uber goblin last night, I ran across a pack of SEVENTEEN of the buggers in a rift, including two gem hoarders and two odious collectors (crafting mat goblins). They were in the big cell on the prison map, so they had nowhere to run and I slaughtered them all! Came away with 200+ gems (I've been wearing the new Broken Crown, which doubles gem drops), a handful of set items, and I don't know what else. One of those rare occasions where the entire screen is covered with item labels, and stuff was piled up so densely that I could see half of it didn't even have labels visible.. You know how it starts doing that thing, where the labels stack up in a column and then run off the screen in a row at the top, so clicking forever on items didn't seem to have any affect. XD  

News Comments > Diablo III Celebrates Patch With Buffs
1. Re: Diablo III Celebrates Patch With Buffs Jan 14, 2015, 19:13 jacobvandy

I found some kind of super loot goblin just a little while ago, which dropped 5 legendaries along with 2-3x the normal gold/gear/gems... I sure wish the double spawn thing was already in effect!  

News Comments > Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details
18. Re: Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details Jan 13, 2015, 17:39 jacobvandy

Sounds like 2K is banking HARD on the hype behind the "next big MP experience from creators of Left 4 Dead."

I never was terribly interested, and all they're doing with each announcement like this is turning me off further. I'm practically inverted by this point.

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Announced
3. Re: Medieval Engineers Announced Jan 13, 2015, 13:33 jacobvandy

Will W wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 12:13:
I wonder how the Miner Wars MMO that many folks pre-orederd is coming.

Yeah... I'm not interested in giving these bastards any more money.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 13, 2015, 00:50 jacobvandy

Yeah, that was surprising. Disappointed it's only three songs, though, one from each of those bands. I figured if they were gonna make a comeback, it'd be some big blow-out.  

News Comments > Steam Trades Trade CAPTCHAs
1. Re: Steam Trades Trade CAPTCHAs Jan 11, 2015, 11:18 jacobvandy

There's not much point to the check-box version... You still have to type letters in at least half the time.  

News Comments > GOG.com Removes Installer Passwords
8. Re: GOG.com Removes Installer Passwords Jan 8, 2015, 15:53 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 15:36:
I'm confused. Why exactly did they put these passwords in to begin with? How is putting a password into something HELPING a Luddite (apparently we call them "less tech-savvy" now...) install a game?

The user never had anything to do with the password. The archives were "protected" so you couldn't simply extract them directly. The installer would unlock them and put everything where it needed to go automatically. Said games probably don't work without registry keys, etc. in place, so they did it to eliminate some user error and save themselves some support hassle.

Lol, triple ninja'd...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 4, 2015, 20:52 jacobvandy

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 15:36:
jacobvandy wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 15:02:
They're approaching 3 million copies sold, as per their website:

Right, so all those times on Steam's top 10, a healthy 3 million. But there are still many more people than not on the sidelines still, me included. It seems it could be on the list all year and be talking about 4 million sold next year.

They just celebrated their one-year anniversary of standalone release on Steam EA, so probably more than 4 million by this time next year. :p

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Teaser?
5. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Teaser? Jan 4, 2015, 15:29 jacobvandy

It's not like he's creating a new engine or even very many more assets. It's really just some different configurations. Each game is only one scenario with multiple different things that can happen.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 4, 2015, 15:02 jacobvandy

They're approaching 3 million copies sold, as per their website:

http://www.dayz.com/

News Comments > Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated]
13. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated] Jan 3, 2015, 15:14 jacobvandy

Steam doesn't give a fuck whether people are playing games or not, and rightly so. They want people logged on and being part of the greater community. That's 8.5 million people who can at any time be talking to each other, browsing the store, posting on forums, sharing pictures and videos, buying/selling/trading virtual items, etc. That is the value of their service that keeps it growing and ahead of the competition.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam
6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 12:29 jacobvandy

JayDeath wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 11:41:
I never understood all the hate for AvP 2010. I had a lot of fun with the campaigns and it's still is one of the prettiest games out there.

I remember reviewing it when it came out, having been somewhat familiar with the original but not really a huge fan of the franchise or anything. Solid game, not amazing, and just a bit short. But that wasn't enough for a lot of people who held some really high expectations, and so then when the multiplayer never took off on top of that, it fell to the wayside pretty quickly.

News Comments > Diablo III Season One End Nears
2. Re: Diablo III Season One End Nears Dec 30, 2014, 19:36 jacobvandy

Yeah... It's frankly been going on way too long, for my taste. That's going to make five months total!  

News Comments > Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight
21. Re: Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight Dec 30, 2014, 12:56 jacobvandy

The funny thing is, it's probably gonna end up being a pretty shitty game. As in, not very entertaining. But all this "controversy" is making a lot of people throw money at their screen, when they otherwise would never have known it existed. Good job, everyone!  

News Comments > GOG.com on RAR vs DRM
3. Re: GOG.com on RAR vs DRM Dec 30, 2014, 12:27 jacobvandy

It is a non-issue for most people. A hard-coded password generated by the installer, which the user does not interact with at all, is hardly DRM. Here is a more pertinent response to that from GOG staff:

The Installer is designed mostly for reliability and ease of use for any user. And it's intentionally designed as it is.

Mind you - if you are using the supported installation mode, you don't have to enter the password anywhere. Nor is it in any way dependent on username, or hardware, or anything else. It's more or less hardcoded into the installer (I see you guys already figured out how), as much as the decompression algorithm. You can still use the installer exactly as you could since the beginning of GOG, and install your games wherever, whenever, and however many times you want. It doesn't detect where was it downloaded from either. That hasn't changed at all.

2539 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo