Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2244 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support
25. Re: DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support May 29, 2014, 15:17 jacobvandy

Going on two years of ignoring everything EA releases... CODifying Battlefield is most certainly not helping their case in my eyes. Any of these upcoming games will have to be super fucking amazing and flawless if they're going to win me back. It just sucks, because I used to love playing them, up to and including BF3.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Interstellar Marines Spearhead Earlier Early Access
2. Re: Interstellar Marines Spearhead Earlier Early Access May 29, 2014, 12:57 jacobvandy

No idea. I bought the Spearhead package 3-4 years ago (they were actually brilliantly ahead of the curve when it came to crowdfunding) when they were promising a super-immersive co-op Half-Life in space... Now all I can do is ignore this nonsense about a multiplayer shooter mode while simultaneously hoping it manages to keep them afloat long enough to actually deliver at least some of the campaign.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
57. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 12:53 jacobvandy

This still qualifies as news? Sounds like business as usual to me...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Kill The Bad Guy
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Kill The Bad Guy May 28, 2014, 18:30 jacobvandy

It's a puzzle game, you have to figure out how to kill the target based on his behavior, the environment, and the resources available to you.  

News Comments > Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY
38. Re: Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY May 28, 2014, 17:48 jacobvandy

It seems to me that the contrived backstory is just an excuse to have low-tech weaponry (though WTF was that plasma rifle thing?) in an early 1900's setting. People love swords and bows and arrows and shit, but medieval has been done to death, and adding firearms to the mix is ALWAYS met with massive complaints from the aforementioned people who love swords and bows and arrows and shit...  

36. Re: Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY May 28, 2014, 17:24 jacobvandy

MajorD wrote on May 28, 2014, 16:38:
As an interesting comparative:

1998 - Half-Life
2003 - Day of Defeat
2004 - Half-Life 2
2004 - Counter-Strike: Source (Co-Developed with Hidden Path Entertainment)
2005 - Day of Defeat: Source
2006 - Half-Life 2: Episode 1
2007 - Half-Life 2: Episode 2
2007 - Portal
2007 - Team Fortress 2
2008 - Left 4 Dead
2009 - Left 4 Dead 2

2011 - Portal 2
2012 - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Co-Developed with Hidden Path Entertainment)
2013 - DOTA 2

But that is all people really care about, in terms of the comparison brought up here.

28. Re: Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY May 28, 2014, 16:20 jacobvandy

Bethesda Game Studios' major releases:

2002 - Morrowind, Tribunal
2003 - Bloodmoon
2006 - Oblivion
2007 - Shivering Isles
2008 - Fallout 3
2011 - Skyrim
2012 - Dragonborn

That is nowhere near Valve status (as far as branching out away from core titles)... Entitled much?

23. Re: Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY May 28, 2014, 16:06 jacobvandy

ITT: People still forgetting Bethesda is a fairly large publisher of many games from different studios that have nothing to do with Fallout or TES.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 27, 2014, 17:54 jacobvandy

ldonyo wrote on May 27, 2014, 14:44:
jacobvandy wrote on May 27, 2014, 14:29:
Any time a government agency tries to sell you a catch phrase like "Net Neutrality," it's really the opposite. See Patriot Act, Freedom of Information Act, etc.

Good thing the government didn't come up with Net Neutrality, isn't it?

You probably missed the post I made a minute or two before yours, but the government is already corrupting Net Neutrality. It doesn't matter that they didn't come up with the term, because the vast majority of the population hadn't heard of it until Obama starting spouting off about it during the last election cycle (and as mentioned, still wouldn't understand it if you tried to explain it to them). It's a government term now, and what they're currently doing is exactly what he/they meant by it.

In other words, if you were applying the old, truer definition of Net Neutrality when hearing that Obama was going to champion it, you were dead fucking wrong. Which is my point.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 27, 2014, 14:42 jacobvandy

Right, but then the FCC dug their tentacles into it and are turning it into something else entirely.  

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 27, 2014, 14:29 jacobvandy

Any time a government agency tries to sell you a catch phrase like "Net Neutrality," it's really the opposite. See Patriot Act, Freedom of Information Act, etc.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2014, 00:56 jacobvandy

Chrome will automatically format text for you on any website, I doubt any sort of investment like that will be worth it for this one.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide
23. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 26, 2014, 15:55 jacobvandy

Maybe choppy is the wrong word considering it's used to describe low framerates, but it's just as bad when it's swinging up into way too high fps, IMO. Moments of absurdly fluid motion interspersing your average, acceptable speed is still disruptive. I always prefer to cap the fps to prevent that nonsense.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide
8. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 26, 2014, 13:00 jacobvandy

I'll take a solid 30 or 40 over a choppy 50-120 any day.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Intro Movie
16. Re: Wasteland 2 Intro Movie May 25, 2014, 21:27 jacobvandy

Task wrote on May 25, 2014, 20:57:
Cool, props to doing something different. Can't wait for my boxed copy! Successful Kickstarter ahoy, move over FO3, its time for the real deal.

I'm right there with you. Can't wait to see how the box turns out.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 25, 2014, 21:25 jacobvandy

They must be offloading that megarealistic wind simulation to the GPU. Crunching real-time Chicago weather patterns has its cost...  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Intro Movie
8. Re: Wasteland 2 Intro Movie May 25, 2014, 16:29 jacobvandy

They've been for sale on Steam a good while now... I wouldn't be surprised if they have matched their KS funds that way already.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 25, 2014, 13:34 jacobvandy

There are actual working pirated copies out there, it's just this one guy spoofed a scene release and fooled people into downloading it based on that group's trusted name. I wonder how much BTC he was able to scrounge up...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2014, 17:20 jacobvandy

I heard there's an early pirated release of Watch Dogs going around that is installing Bitcoin mining malware, and people are none the wiser because they're wholly accepting of a new AAA release running like crap!  

News Comments > Extraction is Dirty Bomb Again
1. Re: Extraction is Dirty Bomb Again May 22, 2014, 16:59 jacobvandy

Pussies. It's one thing to change the name out of [supposed] respect for victims of a tragedy, but another to change it right back after the heat dies down and make it apparent you only did so to protect your own asses from backlash.  

2244 Comments. 113 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo