Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2424 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jan 28, 2015, 23:16 jacobvandy

It's on sale in celebration OF the big new patch (just downloaded, it's almost 900MB). I plan to try it out again soon.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/211820/announcements/detail/159085165359951726

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups
33. Re: Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups Jan 28, 2015, 17:27 jacobvandy

DangerDog wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 15:36:
I could see maybe one or two keys being purchased with a stolen CC but why wouldn't Origin red flag a sale for say more than five keys on one credit card.

And what of the people who did the CC fraud in the first place, I guess they got away with it.

Why should Origin care? People buy games for their friends all the time.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably)
5. Re: Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably) Jan 28, 2015, 12:38 jacobvandy

It actually looks like the 3rd will be the day, as they're promoting it more solidly now. By which I mean they have a banner in the launcher stating it without the caveat. What Blue quoted is stuff they were saying 2-3 weeks ago. They must have edited it or something yesterday and the date got changed, because that entire article is old information.

I'll just be glad the season is over... I'm not chomping at the bit to get started in season two, I just want my paragon XP combined and my grift 35 Condemn Crusader to carry over with all the loot I've found and have been saving for other characters.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jan 28, 2015, 04:07 jacobvandy

The only thing that DDO announcement did for me, was remind me to pick up that enhanced edition for PS3 already. It's only $17 on Amazon right now!  

News Comments > The Crew Street Edition Pack DLC
2. Re: The Crew Street Edition Pack DLC Jan 28, 2015, 03:33 jacobvandy

I am definitely a fan of Ford taking the Aston Martin aesthetics and splashing it all over everything they're making now.  

News Comments > Dying Light Launch Trailer
12. Re: Dying Light Launch Trailer Jan 27, 2015, 13:09 jacobvandy

It's like Skyrim with zombies!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2015, 13:02 jacobvandy

I got up and it was raining pretty good! Got ready to go drive around in it, but it just then decided to stop. No free car wash for me... The sun glares in through my window now, taunting me.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 26, 2015, 22:45 jacobvandy

Well the gist of it is, they disabled some stuff (or salvaged chips where that stuff was already defective, gotta make yields and all that) to further differentiate the 970 from the 980 and justify the price gap. That includes that 512MB of VRAM being crippled, but still usable. It's still faster than offloading to system RAM, if only just, so they programmed the drivers to very strongly prefer keeping only to that fully-functional 3.5GB and using the rest only when absolutely necessary. The reason this planned functionality took so long to be discovered, is like 98% of people don't even use all 4GB of VRAM. As already mentioned, you shouldn't be playing games in 4K with a single 970 anyway because your performance is going to be barely acceptable at best, regardless of that gimped 512MB.

The "controversy" comes from the misrepresentation of the specs given to the press when they shipped. Which NVIDIA claims was a simple miscommunication/oversight with their technical marketing department. Whether you believe that or not, it really changes nothing about how awesome the GTX 970 is for the money.

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
25. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 26, 2015, 16:12 jacobvandy

Buyer beware. This is why I don't shop at G2A or any number of other dirt cheap key sellers. Use some common sense and ask yourself, how is it they're able to sell so cheaply? Why doesn't everybody do that? Because there's a catch...

Holy shit, I didn't even know this until just now (I've literally never even been to G2A before), but they're not even a store! G2A is a marketplace that hosts transactions between buyers and sellers. Like eBay for back-alley video game deals! Random dudes from god knows where are selling you that key or promising a Steam GIFT! Lmao...

Ubisoft is not responsible for this. You reap what you sow, sorry.

News Comments > Gearbox Recruiting for "Next Borderlands"
7. Re: Gearbox Recruiting for Jan 26, 2015, 12:06 jacobvandy

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 11:54:
Personally,

I hope they do Borderlands 3 as a Destiny like game. I feel like Destiny is a huge piece of shit in a lot of ways but I can't stop playing it because the shooting is fun.

Borderlands 3 being an MMO has been the speculation since the ending to BL2, and more recently TPS adding even more. I'll hide it in case anybody really doesn't want to be spoiled, but: basically it was the star map full of dozens if not hundreds of vaults, and after that the Eridian wizard-ninja guy stopping Lilith from killing Athena and saying "War is coming. You will need all the vault hunters you can get." So if it's not an MMO, it might at least be next-gen co-op with more than four players.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: Lady Hammerlock Pack Tomorrow
2. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: Lady Hammerlock Pack Tomorrow Jan 26, 2015, 11:45 jacobvandy

I think the people spoke... But while extra classes are nice and all, I'm still waiting on some new content.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 22:16 jacobvandy

Dacron wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 18:23:
The key is listed under Games - Grand Theft Auto V (Download) (15 digit key).

If you click download, it takes you to the GTA5 preorder info (not the store page) where it says the key provided may be required to play GTA 5. The same key that activates SA on steam.

Here is from the preorder info link, for downloading/playing GTA5 -
This game is not available for download yet. It will be on . Any required keys will be made available on that date.

The following key may be required to play your game:

(retracted)

Simply enter the key if the game prompts you to.

So it says it might be required, and a new key may be emailed. I'm not taking chances, no one on my steam list wants SA anyways. I am new to using GMG perhaps I am just confused.

( my gta5 in games w/key)

GMG will not be giving you a Steam key for GTA V, it will be a key for Rockstar Games Social Club (which is apparently going to be yet another game distribution client). However your copy of GTA:SA is a Steam key. This information is all listed on their GTA V store page. I guess their vernacular on the account page is just too generic and possibly confusing.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 15:08 jacobvandy

Dacron wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 14:06:
I bought it off GMG and cannot gift the SA copy.

The key code for it is the same as the GTA5 GMG code, so I'm not giving the code to someone so they can hijack GTA5 as well, but adding the code to steam just gives "You already own this game. Click to install"

GMG gave you a GTA5 key already? I doubt that. It's probably a key just for GTA:SA. Check their forums.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 13:55 jacobvandy

Linksil wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 13:47:
I love how the preorder bonus for GTA V is a game that I think 90% of the people buying GTA V would already have. Also from what I heard you can't gift the extra copy.

I don't know where you heard that, because you could check the Steam forums to see people saying you do get the extra copy in your inventory since the game went on sale. I just pre-ordered myself to confirm. I'm more disappointed about the whole 'conversion to mobile port with less music' thing than the choice of SA as a bonus.

News Comments > Dying Light Steam Preloads
1. Re: Dying Light Steam Preloads Jan 25, 2015, 13:37 jacobvandy

If anyone is interested, they have a companion app out now that has you doing the usual freemium game timed task stuff, but you can earn rewards you transfer over to yourself in-game.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced
11. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 15:39 jacobvandy

A 'whale' is the heart of the microtransaction business. The top 5% of spenders that support the other 95% of free-loading or small-time-spending players in a free-to-play (or in this case buy-to-play) environment... I am surprised you're not familiar with that term.  

9. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 15:17 jacobvandy

Congrats, you're a family of whales! I'm thinking more along the lines of 80% of the playerbase who have never paid real money for gems and are considering how much content they got for the original purchase of $30-60. I'm definitely buying it, I've got 1000+ hours out of the game myself, even if I don't throw as much money at it as you do, lol.  

6. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 15:01 jacobvandy

That is an example of their PR double-speak on the subject, yes, but there were many times when a dev would state less publicly a more definitive no, it's not in the cards, they had not put any planning or work into creating for one, etc. People have been asking about expansions since before the game launched, and they always insisted that the Living World stuff IS their avenue of adding new content and that we would not see anything like the expansions they did for the first game.

Don't take it to mean I didn't want an expansion, because fuck yeah I did. I'm just skeptical of how much they're actually going to be adding. There's no way it will measure up to GW1 expansions, so the price had better be set to match... I'd have to see the size and features of this new area, but so far it sounds to me like they've just gathered what would have been this year's feature patch (new skills and progression system) along with LW season three and will be releasing it all at once for $30-40 or whatever. Which is pretty lame. I would expect a new region at least half the size of what is currently available (made up of 5-10 maps), and at the same quality and density of content for it to be worth that much.

1. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 14:22 jacobvandy

Aside from the fact they've been saying all along that they would NOT be doing any expansion packs, I am moderately interested in this. If you were wondering where all that new content they've been saying has been "in the works" for like two years has been... It's in here, and you're gonna have to buy it.  

News Comments > Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free
18. Re: Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free Jan 23, 2015, 17:32 jacobvandy

Task wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 17:12:
Being the super zombie didn't look very fun. Its easily seen from a mile away. And died after a couple hits of being surrounded.

Well, he also insta-kills anyone he successfully pounces on. I guess that's just the kind of gameplay they wanted.

Moog wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 15:35:
Why the fuck is my physical disc being delayed by a month - wondered why Amazon mailed me today to say the release had been pushed back!

Good thing, I guess, as I can wait to read reviews and watch twitch streams and see if I want to keep my order.

But still, a dick move Techland!

Techland isn't a publisher.

2424 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo