Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2539 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Regional Gore Cuts Possible
4. Re: Killing Floor 2 Regional Gore Cuts Possible Apr 18, 2015, 18:34 jacobvandy

It's more likely the dismemberment than the blood (except for those silly Germans). Loads of other games have been censored for the same reason, even when it's zombies or other monsters being dismembered. It's almost not even newsworthy, could've seen this coming ever since we found out they've taken inspiration from Soldier of Fortune and such to make the most complex gore system gaming has ever seen.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Patches
9. Re: Evening Patches Apr 18, 2015, 12:09 jacobvandy

I also get no mouse lag with v-sync off. It's hard to be sure if people who say it's there are even using the correct term for what they're experiencing. I.e. movement limitations in first-person mode are a completely different, design-related thing.

Maybe fiddle with the mouse settings some more? It has an option that defaults to 'raw input,' but there's also 'DirectInput' and 'Windows' for you to try.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 17, 2015, 13:54 jacobvandy

Of course RB4 will work with old GH hardware if they're working in backwards compatibility for the RB stuff, it's the same technology... In fact, I've always preferred the GH guitars (RB fret buttons are fucking awful), and the only RB hardware I've used in a thousand hours playing RB3 are the keyboard and protar(s). They're just stating the obvious for the "rhythm wars" promotion.

It would be a real feat if they're actually supporting the usage of old GH hardware, by doing stuff like enabling the touch pad on guitars and re-arranging the UI for GH drums (which are 5 colors with 2 cymbals instead of RB's standard 4-color with no cymbals). But I would think that they'd be more clear about it if that's what they were doing.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 17, 2015, 00:08 jacobvandy

They're giving away Fractured Space for free on Steam, as long as you grab it during this Free Weekend.  

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Tribes Detailed
3. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Tribes Detailed Apr 16, 2015, 21:44 jacobvandy

It wouldn't be so bad if they were actually telling us something. At first I thought, oh hey, maybe these frogs are gonna be a part of some faction wars or storyline branching or something! Which, I guess they still could be, but it was just 1,000 words of lore they'll cut down by 80% to put into books in the environment that nobody will read. Also a handful of screenshots, purposely close and cropped so as not to give us even a peek of anything we're interested in seeing.  

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Tribes Detailed
1. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Tribes Detailed Apr 16, 2015, 20:12 jacobvandy

What a fluff piece...  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
30. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 13:05 jacobvandy

Rhialto wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:47:
Never played any GTA game but I'm curious if I could enjoy it... in fact what amaze me is the open world and that we can do about anything anytime but I'm not really into kicking asses and killing people.

Just like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I like to walk arond and look... yeah in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I sometimes kill to survive, I kill creatures or zombified NPC.

Are there tasks or missions I need to do or it's completly a free open world?

You need to progress in the story a bit to unlock everything, but out of the 8 or so hours I played yesterday, at least 6 was just: driving around, doing side missions including running/racing/photography, hanging out in the strip club, playing tennis (pretty much as good as any standalone tennis video game), fiddling around on the stock market, watching a full-length spoof '40s cartoon on Michael's projection screen TV, seeing how many beers you have to drink to get fucked up, etc.

It is as good of a 'Second Life' kind of explorable, livable virtual world as exists right now.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
192. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 05:06 jacobvandy

DangerDog wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 03:56:
I call shenanigans!

they removed this from the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53rdE8w8oLE

only 3rd person view from outside the car now.

Did they? I know you see strippers 100% topless when you get a private dance, including a loose minigame that mandates first-person. Odd that they'd take out first-person view for prostitutes, when they really don't show anything there. I will have to do some investigating myself...

News Comments > GTA5 GeForce Drivers
25. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 05:02 jacobvandy

You have to click or hit enter (or whatever gamepad button) to select the 'Graphics' sub-menu, not just highlight it.  

181. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 00:09 jacobvandy

Have had no issues launching since re-downloading the whole goddamn thing over again. Just put my bonus $500k in the stock market, so I can not feel so weird about having that much cash when a mission rewards me like $1,500. Surely Michael has a portfolio, so one day it might just happen he cashes it out!  

133. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 19:54 jacobvandy

Lol, that pre-load was a waste... Was getting a 'disk write error' when trying to launch, came to find I had exactly 35KB of space left on the SSD. Apparently it needs double the 60 gigs to unpack the encrypted stuff (why it can't delete the obviously segmented files as it goes is a mystery), and you can't resolve this process without cleaning up enough other things to make space for that. WELL, I already cleared out all I was willing to before the pre-load, so I had to delete the 100+ gigs of apparently unusable GTA V files and am now re-downloading the game in unencrypted form... Yippee!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2015, 17:24 jacobvandy

Is it a standalone sub thing that is exclusive? Comcast practically gives HBO away these days, so I've watched a bit on the web site.

As for the GoT leak, they're not available in HD as far as I'm aware, so I'd rather just wait.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 3 Begins
3. Re: Diablo III Season 3 Begins Apr 11, 2015, 20:00 jacobvandy

Adventure. Mode.  

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
49. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 04:23 jacobvandy

I just saw Trevor's cameo in Better Call Saul! XD  

43. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 02:01 jacobvandy

walrus1 wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 22:56:
bhcompy wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 22:32:
walrus1 wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 19:55:
Task wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 19:38:
Jesus they really need to start packing these on blurays (for PCs).
Yeah cuase we all have bluray roms.

And we all had DVD players when they started selling games on DVD, right? And we all had CDROMs when they started selling games on CD, right? And we all had 3.5" floppy drives when they started selling games on 3.5" floppy drives, right? They can do both. It just makes sense to migrate to Bluray over time for physical media.

While correct it misses the point. All the above we embraced as a universal format fairly quickly. Bluray shows no sign of this at all.

Lol, it isn't 2005 anymore... Blu-ray has won. What else are you holding out for? Holographic storage?

29. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 8, 2015, 22:35 jacobvandy

jimnms wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 20:47:
For our short stint with the game we played in 4K with two GTX 980s in SLI, 32GB RAM and an i7-5930k processor at 3.50Ghz. That's beefy - higher than the average machine will run at - but the minimum specs are much less demanding. In fact, they're lower than you'd probably expect. The aim, says Rockstar, was to make GTA 5 malleable to a vast number of different setups so that most, if not all players, should feel as if they're getting the definitive GTA experience. The true performance of GTA 5 on lower-spec rigs remains to be seen.

Then why didn't you test the game on a lower spec system? Rolleyes I really don't give two shits on how this plays on a $4000 PC, I'd rather have an idea of what it would do on something normal.

Because after soaking their sponsors for all that free hardware, they have to keep coming up with reasons to talk about it!

Or was that a machine they received from the publisher? Could be they didn't have a choice.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Preloads
46. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Preloads Apr 8, 2015, 17:16 jacobvandy

Pre-loaded on Steam yesterday in under 90 minutes.. That extra $12 was well spent!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2015, 16:35 jacobvandy

They're re-organizing the D3 file structure (again?), so we're definitely re-downloading some things.  

News Comments > Square Enix Reveal Progress
6. Re: Square Enix Reveal Progress Apr 7, 2015, 12:22 jacobvandy

I had my fill after checking the stream to see thousands of people watching a looped video of some dude laying on the floor...  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 6, 2015, 14:30 jacobvandy

Free to be shitty! Yay!  

2539 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo