Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2644 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NASCAR '15 and Demo Released
8. Re: NASCAR '15 and Demo Released May 22, 2015, 13:07 jacobvandy

I wasn't meaning to touch a nerve, Rigs, but I can't help but think you're overstating things a bit... iRacing boasts on their website that they have "over 55,000 members worldwide," so if that's your metric for a massive community, you've kind of validated my comment right there.

But let's assume there really are millions of people aching for a NASCAR sim racer, say 2-5 million. That is still a very small fraction of the sport's supposed 70+ million fanbase (dwindling every year for the past several, from what I've just read), and is exactly the point I was trying to make.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NASCAR '15 and Demo Released
5. Re: NASCAR '15 and Demo Released May 22, 2015, 11:32 jacobvandy

I don't think people liking to watch NASCAR (for some reason, it's beyond me TBH) equates to people wanting to virtually play at it. I don't think their target audience is very big into video games, let alone racing sims.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 22, 2015, 00:05 jacobvandy

I never knew "guard donkey" was a thing until now!  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
43. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 23:18 jacobvandy

I just did some testing in response to complaints on the GOG forums about weapon durability, for anyone interested...

76-100% durability = no damage penalty

51-75% durability = damage penalty of 2.5% (easy), 5% (normal), 7.5% (hard), 10% (very hard)

0-50% durability = damage penalty of 5% (easy), 10% (normal), 15% (hard), 20% (very hard)

Basically it doesn't even matter unless you're on the higher difficulties, and even then it's not completely debilitating. Don't be a wuss over nothing.

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
17. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 22:22 jacobvandy

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:29:
bigspender wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:13:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is like a First Person Diablo, it would have been really fun

That happened. It was called Hellgate: London.. and it was a massive flop.

It was a First Person SHOOTER Diablo mash-up, and the reason it was bad is the shooting completely sucked. I still played it a lot, though, because there was no Borderlands back then and turns out the idea of FPSRPG in itself is a pretty fucking fun one.

32. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 17:49 jacobvandy

The sharpness seems like more of a personal preference thing. Some people like the stark and gritty look as opposed to the smoother and slightly blurry. It just makes low quality assets pop-out more (in a bad way) to me. Particularly the foliage, of which there is a lot in this game...  

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
4. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 17:46 jacobvandy

Krovven wrote on May 21, 2015, 17:43:
Noooooo! I was really looking forward to this game...and I thought the release was imminent.

*sigh*

It was supposed to be, but now I fear they're overthinking it.

29. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 17:08 jacobvandy

The soft lock in combat works so well I rarely even use the proper target locking. You strafe while in combat without having to do anything, it's just a lot more effective to move around via dodging or rolling.  

18. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 14:47 jacobvandy

Welp, now I'm getting the weird minimizing crash frequently, something I never experienced in the 25 or so hours I played before this patch. Time to go re-install my video drivers or something...  

9. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 12:35 jacobvandy

I can only guess that they layer some extra gravy on for the cutscenes, because I noticed from the very first one that they perform horribly compared to normal gameplay. To the point where I assume what was programmed as smooth camera movement often lurches uncomfortably. Hopefully it's better now.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. May 21, 2015, 03:37 jacobvandy

Game released Monday afternoon (3-6PM depending on US time zone), so Wednesday afternoon would in fact be two days later. Really, though, the latest GMG is supposed to get you your key is 1-2 days in advance. Especially for a big release like this that people are anxious to play. Things aren't going well for them lately...  

News Comments > Valve TMs Chaperone
2. Re: Valve TMs Chaperone May 20, 2015, 15:02 jacobvandy

ForgedReality wrote on May 20, 2015, 11:37:
So, HL3 features a minigame where you're driving Dr. Kleiner around in a limousine, CONFIRMED.

You're thinking chauffeur.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
63. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 02:27 jacobvandy

The controls in this game are fucking awful. I'm not even talking about KBM vs. gamepad, I mean the fundamental components of character movement and interactions are really off. Calling it clunky is being generous, I don't understand how anyone could give it a perfect or near-perfect score just based on that...  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 18, 2015, 14:59 jacobvandy

They put in cheat codes because there isn't easy access to the console for activating commands like 'noclip' and 'godmode.'  

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
23. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 14:47 jacobvandy

Boosting volume of grass sprites and the distance at which quality shadows are cast is nice, but that doesn't help the issue of lower quality assets being used across the board.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse May 18, 2015, 14:25 jacobvandy

THIS is a map that shows how many hardline ISPs are available across the country. Set the minimum to 3 or more to see how prevalent (or not) competition really is.

In California, if you don't live in LA, SAC, or Bay areas, the most "choice" you have is usually Comcast cable or neutered AT&T DSL. AT&T is not allowed to offer their highest speeds (I believe they go up to 45+ Mbps in some places) anywhere that Comcast operates. Spin it how you like, but to me, 6 Mbps vs. 50+ Mbps spells M-O-N-O-P-O-L-Y. That's how it was where I lived previously; now I'm in a larger city (still smaller than Fresno, but six-figure population) and it's 18 Mbps vs. 100+.

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
14. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 13:04 jacobvandy

Lord Tea wrote on May 18, 2015, 12:34:
jomisab wrote on May 18, 2015, 09:33:
Do these also restore the visual fidelity implied by the screenshots still on the Steam store page? Or the greater fidelity clearly evident in earlier gameplay trailers? lol...sorry, couldn't resist. I'm sure it's going to look amazing regardless.

I don't know about the drivers but the day-1 patch is said to bring back some of the quality of earlier trailers. Source (German)

There's no proof in that screenshot comparison they have there... It's just different lighting/time of day.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 18, 2015, 00:08 jacobvandy

Wally World has neither the service nor selection to offer any sort of "challenge," and since they're not guaranteeing two days or less, their price is merely competitive with the value of Prime. Most online shops' free shipping will get it to you in 3 days if it's not going clear across the country, that's not some kind of favor worth charging for when you have nationwide distribution... They're going to have to do a lot better.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 May 17, 2015, 20:48 jacobvandy

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 17, 2015, 20:15:
My PC is ready, my mouse is ready, my keyboard is ready. MY BODY IS READY.

Interestingly enough, GoG's downloader now shows a 7pm EST release time. Yesterday it was showing 8pm...I'm not complaining.

Must have been some kind of error, they announced the global unlock times a couple weeks ago and it's always been 4PM pacific, 7PM eastern. They chose to base it on midnight British Time for some reason.

Also, I'm expecting gamepad to rule this one.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 17, 2015, 14:27 jacobvandy

When it was down, I was merely reminded that I need to get a stream-stick for my TV already... Such bullshit that I can launch the Netflix app on PS3, see it load up fine, but not be allowed to use it because I can't login to PSN.  

2644 Comments. 133 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo