Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 2293 (Senior)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 29, 2014, 23:56 jacobvandy

Yeah... It's only "decked out" compared to the average person's sub-$500 Facebook terminal.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 29, 2014, 23:42 jacobvandy

It'd make a good roguelike.  

News Comments > Interstellar Marines Free Co-op Mission
6. Re: Interstellar Marines Free Co-op Mission Sep 29, 2014, 15:28 jacobvandy

It's more like a handful of devs, but yeah, it's taking a while. I guess I'm more pleased they're sticking with it than dumping it and moving on to something else entirely like a lot of the team they had 3-4 years ago did... However it's going to be a while longer yet until they realize that vision of a super immersive co-op FPS/RPG with epic story campaign. They were way ahead of the curve with the notion of crowdfunding a "AAA indie" title, so by the time Kickstarter popularized it, they had lost a lot of their momentum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhk-2Wb_IyQ

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2014, 15:02 jacobvandy

Well, I'm glad to have temperatures of ~80 in CA for the first time in almost 6 months.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 27, 2014, 15:00 jacobvandy

AKA 20-30 years, when all the current management dies off or retires...  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 24, 2014, 16:41 jacobvandy

Are you really asking whether or not convicted felons have their right to own and operate R/C helicopters revoked?  

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
21. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 23, 2014, 00:16 jacobvandy

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 23:09:
descender wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 22:21:
Click on community hub then discussions

It's been this way for months.

Perhaps, but you could just go to the right and click "Forums" prior, which was a real no-brainer.

You can still get there from the store page, you just have to go through the community hub first. Big button at the top right, level with the game's title.

News Comments > Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions
26. Re: Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions Sep 22, 2014, 14:05 jacobvandy

Double Fine is going down the tubes... People are already comparing Schaefer to John Romero. They're going to have a tough time if they ever try to crowdfund anything else.  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video
5. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 17, 2014, 22:14 jacobvandy

harlock wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 21:57:
looks a hell of alot like planescape

#notsureifserious

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2014, 14:54 jacobvandy

This weekend's sale put a spike in Skyrim concurrent players of about 50-60% compared to last weekend. If all of that is new players, then it's way more than 10-20k sold, because the increase in concurrency is at the upper end of that range...  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 11, 2014, 19:23 jacobvandy

Aw, man... That sucks. My mom is a nurse in the hospital he was at, was telling me like two days ago how nice he is and how he brought pictures to autograph for people and she got me one. I guess that means there was some freak complication, because I doubt someone expecting the end would be doing stuff like that. RIP indeed.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 11, 2014, 14:19 jacobvandy

Hilarious and spot-on, as usual. They really squandered the combat on a game that is otherwise uninspired. Not worth $40 at all.  

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
139. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 17:52 jacobvandy

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but a Minecraft movie is already in the works AFAIK.  

57. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 12:18 jacobvandy

They've sold upwards of 55 million copies across all platforms by now, which actually eclipses the past couple generations of Pokemon by a fair margin (Black & White 1 and 2 sold 23 million since 2010, and X & Y have sold 12 million since 2013). Pokemon is on the decline, while Minecraft has shot up to heights in a few years that even the first generation of Pokemon did not match (Red/Blue/Yellow combined sold around 31 million since 1996).

Keep in mind that this is despite Mojang's being completely too small and naive an outfit to properly manage the breakaway success, on top of them being uninterested in doing a bunch of sequels and spin-offs and yadda yadda yadda. You put a huge PR department behind promotion and licensing and some legit R&D behind coming up with new products and game concepts... It has the potential to be as someone mentioned, this generation's Mario, forget Pokemon.

50. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 11:51 jacobvandy

Has anyone even considered the fact that Minecraft as a property is pretty much at Pokemon-level mass appeal and recognition at this point? Go to any store that carries kids' toys and you'll see all sorts of Minecraft shit. Action figures, LEGO sets, plushies, costumes, toy swords and torches and pickaxes... That's in addition to it being one of the most popular brands of T-shirts and knick-knacks online in places like Jinx and Think Geek. If your mind boggles at how much money they're still raking in with the game itself, well, the merch is probably equaling or surpassing all of that by this point.

Continue milking the current version on all platforms, create a sequel with cutesy cartoon graphics (still blocky, just not... as shitty) on all platforms again to re-invigorate software sales and create a whole new line of merch, and $2 billion is a fucking bargain. Some people should get their heads out of the sand, or at least admit just how out of touch they really are.

News Comments > Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2, and Off The Record Moving to Steamworks
6. Re: Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2, and Off The Record Moving to Steamworks Sep 9, 2014, 14:06 jacobvandy

Well Capcom is among the relative few that have been going back and updating several games in their catalog for Steamworks. They've already done Lost Planet and SSFIV. The only others I can think of are Relic with Dawn of War 2, Codemasters with F1 and DIRT, and Rocksteady/WB with the first two Arkhams.  

News Comments > The Repopulation Teaser Trailer
3. Re: The Repopulation Teaser Trailer Sep 9, 2014, 11:06 jacobvandy

You have to opt-in to the full PVP experience in this game, too...  

News Comments > Another Diablo III Season Exploit
6. Re: Another Diablo III Season Exploit Sep 9, 2014, 07:45 jacobvandy

This is a bug with patch 2.1 on the whole, it just so happens to be very useful for cheating your way up the leaderboards in the season. (The gist of it is there's a way to get the difficulty level XP bonus to apply to what you earn inside of great rifts, which are designed to be sterile environments that scale independent of difficulty.) I'm sure there have been as many or more people abusing it to crank out paragon levels on their standard characters. And exploiting this is definitely about 1,000x worse than grinding easy bounties to get up to 70 quickly.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Sep 8, 2014, 07:53 jacobvandy

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 23:50:
I found Mac's YouTube channels by chance a few years ago; now I always look forward to his posts for a good laugh.

The only problem he has is that he's extremely misogynistic which has already gotten him some heat. He did a review of a Fire and Rescue game that just went too far.

I think his stuff is great, but kids watch his channel and Worth a Buy is getting more popular, so I think he really needs to reign in the highly offensive stuff.

Okay Mr. FCC Chairman... God forbid parents do some parenting themselves! Rolleyes

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 8, 2014, 07:45 jacobvandy

The first time I tried State of Decay, i felt the same way. You have to stick it out through the dinky tutorial area and (unfortunately) some more tutorial-type quests after that before it really opens up. Still, though, it does get too repetitive after a while.  

2293 Comments. 115 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo