Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1103 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans?
3. Re: Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans? Jul 10, 2015, 13:53 descender

Why is anyone be running the 32bit client on 64bit windows in the first place?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 9, 2015, 15:14 descender

Yeah those Rollcage games were awesome I'll definitely pick this up. Reminds me of Revolt too.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Witcher 3 Jul 9, 2015, 11:29 descender

Yeah a USB stick is totally as convenient as Steam Rolleyes  

News Comments > Rocket League Launches
3. Re: Rocket League Launches Jul 9, 2015, 09:09 descender

Looks interesting and I'll always support games with local co-op... but in the past something like this would just be one "mode" for a larger car-racing/battle game.

Something about it just really makes me want a new Mario Strikers.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 8, 2015, 15:46 descender

Not a lot of people will play a DM game where the bar of entry is being able to bunnyhop around a map. I know I won't, it wasn't "fun" to do at all to keep up.

Bunnyhopping, much like "denying" in MOBA's... was a bug that should have simply been fixed and left out of future versions.

What executive producer Marty Stratton means is that the game encourages constant momentum, and gives players plenty of wide open space and options for vertical movement.

Did you write 500 words about the headline to that article? :p

News Comments > GOG.com's Windows 10 Support
18. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 8, 2015, 14:12 descender

You can change the icon size in the Appearances CP in older versions of windows, did they remove that?  

News Comments > GOG.com's Windows 10 Support
11. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 8, 2015, 14:02 descender

I'm beginning to wonder if MS is actually fully aware of the corporate adoption rate and they purposely put out these "home-friendly" test builds in between sturdy corporate versions. They must know that no matter how good an OS is corporate adaptation of a new OS is still only only going to happen once every 5-6 years.

That is probably giving them way too much credit though... lol

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2015, 20:24 descender

Xbox Ones aren't sold at a loss... they are not actually "losing" anything. They simply aren't earning as much as they wanted to.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
83. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 6, 2015, 19:19 descender

Thank god he scooped this news over the weekend or we never would have found out about it today anyway. We are forever grateful for this completely inactionable gift.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV OS X Pulled, Refunds Offered
4. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV OS X Pulled, Refunds Offered Jul 5, 2015, 14:36 descender

I question if they would have even pulled this had Batman not just been such a disaster.  

News Comments > Op Ed
61. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2015, 11:34 descender

Sometimes it's better to simply not say anything. You have admitted in interviews in the past that you admit you can't change opinions, yet you continue to try in the vein of a 12-year old troll. :p Do you see any other successful dev out there responding to every negative opinion about their company? It's called acting like a professional, every opinion does not warrant a response. You give credence where none is due.

Even in this thread, totally benign conversation going on and your attitude towards eraser says it all. You have now come at 2 posters for basically no reason. If you stopped pretending like you know better than everyone, and trying to rub their face in it... maybe your life would be less stressful.

This comment was edited on Jul 5, 2015, 11:43.

News Comments > Op Ed
58. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2015, 11:26 descender

Imagine if there were 300+ people, and almost $100m to play with.

Yeah, unfortunately the way you (still) aggressively interact with the community at large pretty much guarantees you'll never get that level of support.

And I do really mean "unfortunately" because the concept behind your games has always been fabulous... they just never seem to get there.

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced
39. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 5, 2015, 10:02 descender

Yes, "on paper" it uses a bit less memory (less than 200MB difference IIRC) and saves you 7 seconds on boot-up (their warm boot can suckit, causes more BSOD's in corporate environments than anything else in my experience). Whoop-dee-doo~ The once a month I have to reboot my computer I will make sure to relish in that saved time. Oh, it copies files slightly faster in windows explorer (if you use that sort of thing and not teracopy for some reason). Yay!

Real-world application performance difference between the operating systems is virtually non-existent. There's nothing really "wrong" with it at this point once you get 8.1 and classic shell, and there is no reason you would choose 7 over 8 for a new computer today... but there is basically nothing compelling or forcing an upgrade over 7 for existing machines.

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced
32. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 5, 2015, 00:10 descender

There is really nothing about 8/8.1 (UI replacement or not) that is an improvement over 7. Especially the half-in half-out metro UI shit like your network connections and such.

As someone who works with both operating systems on a daily basis... you all really have no idea what you are talking about. Anecdotal nonsense rules the day around here.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Gun Metal Update
9. Re: Team Fortress 2 Gun Metal Update Jul 4, 2015, 11:32 descender

I don't think that people realize most of the "added weapons" are for extremely niche playstyles (that you couldn't even understand or attempt to play without some significant play time) and are not actually "upgrades" in any way.

IIRC you only need to play 10 hours per week to get your entire allotment of items for that week (8-12 drops), playing more than that will not result in any item drops... so I don't think the term "grinding" really qualifies either.

In the I don't even know how many years since they started this I don't recall myself "wanting" for any item I couldn't acquire pretty easily through trade/crafting.

Now I just quietly hope that they roll out phase 2 of the source2 beta to TF2. The engine has been a bit overloaded with all of the extra models and framerate definitely has been suffering for it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
69. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 3, 2015, 11:53 descender

There are actually golf courses out there though. They aren't building each hole as you go telling you about how huge and amazing it's going to be when they finish.

I only jest of course, it's a great point and I know I spend considerably more disposable income on dumber things. Large purchases like this obviously represent a commitment to an activity, I'd just like it to be a bit more fleshed out before I start investing. These ships will never cost more than they do right now.

News Comments > ELEX Announced
12. Re: ELEX Announced Jul 2, 2015, 17:59 descender

When in doubt, double down! Laugh2

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2015, 17:01 descender

You are never going to find a candidate for anything that you completely agree with, if you are waiting for that then living in a democratic country is simply a waste for you. You seem perfectly content being told what to do and who will rule you by others.

Only the losing parties will care if you don't vote. It's not some sort of symbolic "vote for the null option", it is simply not participating. There is no reason to cater to your wants/needs to get your vote if you are already mentally checked out of the system. Thus you further the cycle of "you don't give a shit so why should they" and nothing you want ever gets resolved.

If you don't like the choices, your "third option" should probably be to run yourself, or to find a better candidate to support in some way. "Not voting" doesn't somehow force better candidates onto the ballot, it makes it easier for fringe/crazy candidates to win. This sort of apathy is how we end up with congressional seats that basically couldn't lose an election if they wanted to (among other reasons like gerrymandering).

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jul 2, 2015, 12:41 descender

Sometimes I arrive at my destination sooner than they finish talking

This has been seriously disappointing, I wish they would finish the dialog before cutting into the mission. I find myself parking a block away and waiting for silence before I start the next checkpoint now.

This article is not wrong, a lot of the game is filler but the entire franchise has always been like that (unless you count the awful minigame bullshit in GTA4). Outside of the direct story missions and heists there is not really a whole lot of "content" to be had in the world. Some races and 2 minigames? You are basically responsible for filling the rest of the gap with your cop-murder rampages. Other sandbox games not named GTA would likely get destroyed for this.

Could you imagine playing Skyrim with basically no side-quests, just the ability to kill random guards and have them chase you with increasing fervor in between story missions? Ick.

I'm pretty disappointed by Rockstar. They haven't actually added any meaningful "gameplay" features to this franchise since San Andreas... and then they removed that (the gang wars) in the newer ones anyway.

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
57. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 2, 2015, 12:28 descender

That is almost double what I have spent on my entire 180 game steam library.  

1103 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo