Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1464 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 14, 2016, 16:09 descender

annnd look more complete libtard bullshit.

You are free to explain the situation as you think you understand it, rather than just rambling like a lunatic.

One can only wonder why I hadn't ignored you already. Fixed!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 14, 2016, 13:56 descender

The US Government has been breaking its own laws trying to railroad people off land where rich resources have been discovered.

The government isn't breaking any laws and they are not "running anyone off of their land" either.

The US government bought the land that these nutjobs are "occupying" from failing farms almost 100 years ago.

Their actual complaint is with the 40 year old Federal Land Policy and Management Act that stopped giving federally protected lands back to farmers. They are biting the hand that feeds them because they have simultaneously been allowed to use these federal lands for grazing for 10% of the cost of actually purchasing it.

This "stand-off" has practically nothing to do with the area they are occupying. They are trying to start a firefight with "the government" (which they purposely wanted women and children involved in) and turn themselves into martyrs, but no one actually cares.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Changes
5. Re: Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Changes Jan 14, 2016, 12:13 descender

None of those things you want in the game are fun to do... so no thanks.

You can play other games with those mechanics. why does every single MOBA style game have to follow the same stupid rules? How many replicants of Warcraft3 DOTA do you need to be happy?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2016, 16:03 descender

I got a pair of Bates boots and they feel like they would survive re-entry. Highly recommended.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2016, 16:20.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Easy as 123 Banished Jan 12, 2016, 12:57 descender

Now I'm beginning to wonder if that's your paypal link on the bottom of that page.  

News Comments > AMD Crimson Drivers Hotfix
3. Re: AMD Crimson Drivers Hotfix Jan 12, 2016, 12:31 descender

nVidia 200/300 cards were cut off from updates because they don't physically support DX11, not because nVidia arbitrarily drops support for older cards like AMD/ATI. The 200 series was still getting updates up until November 2015.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2016, 14:51 descender

Kxmode wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 12:53:
I think the astronauts should play Space Oddity on the International Space Station in David Bowie's honor.

What luck, they already did.

News Comments > etc.
24. Re: etc. Jan 9, 2016, 10:59 descender

Come on, show of hands... who is actually surprised that CJ got banned from a forum because of the way he talks to people.  

News Comments > Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated]
47. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 9, 2016, 10:57 descender

There have been plenty of content delivery services or downloaders before the advent of the initially VERY shitty Steam.

Really, now? They were the first to allow OTHER developers to sell their games on their own content distribution network and that's a huge step. No one cares how many crap games Stardock allowed you to download :p

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 8, 2016, 16:11 descender

Realistically... no VR headset will ever be widely adopted until it contains all of the hardware required to run it and it ceases to be a 'peripheral device' for equally expensive hardware.

Until then these are just gimmicky add-ons and developer support will be incredibly thin.

27. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 16:00 descender

who has no drive other than making profit from other people's hard work

No, he was absolutely talking about Steam.

Do you think Valve should stop making tons o cash with Steam and... go back to their previous and considerably less profitable business model?

LOL... the selfish arrogance on display here.

Valve isn't dysfunctional, your desires for how they should run their company are.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Win 10 Jan 8, 2016, 15:19 descender

it comes from a known developer

Does it? I can't find any information about this "developer" at all on that website.

I don't really give 2 shits about this particular program, I just find it amusing at the willingness of people to install 3rd party programs like this with no source and no idea what it contains or actually does.

13. Re: GTX Control Panel FTW Jan 8, 2016, 15:02 descender

This is exactly what I'm talking about. That program could be doing literally anything behind the scenes in addition to disabling the notifier, you have no idea.

Instead of making a simple registry adjustment you put your entire system at risk. Brilliant. :p

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Jan 8, 2016, 14:59 descender

I'm sure he was posting completely reasonable and researched things and not just piling on the trollwagon and blaming CIG for spending the money on hookers and blow. God knows those threads here are always so rational and mild-mannered.

Unless we can see what he actually posted and was banned for... I don't believe a word of this crap. He probably deserved to be banned... and they still let him play the game. He just can't be part of a community he didn't want to be a part of anyway.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2016, 14:51 descender

First of all, that's stupidly reductive and can be applied to any movie.

Can I just repeat that right back at you?

Everything you just unironically described in your second point is "stupidly reductive"... and NONE of those things you listed as "original star wars ideas" actually are. It highlights a lack of knowledge of film history. You should have just said "I've never actually seen Flash Gordon, so I don't actually know how much Lucas ripped off from it".

A lot of the things you are complaining about are basically only with the written story, which JJ only Co-wrote (off of someone else's already complete script). That Co-author was Lawrence Kasdan, the man who wrote basically every star wars movie you've ever loved (or hated) aside from the first one (4). You are both blaming JJ for and pining for Rian over things they literally aren't in control of.

There are not a lot of "original stories" left to tell, it's all about how they mix and match things that makes any movie unique. This movie served it's purpose perfectly. It relaunches Star Wars under a familiar setting and tone while becoming a launching pad for an entirely new story/franchise. It furthers the timeline and establishes the 'new galaxy' we are dealing with in this installment.

I don't think you can even fully appreciate what 7 actually was yet based on some of your complaints about Rey/Finn (there will be reasons those things happened, some of them are mind numbingly obvious that you should have picked up on) until you see 8/9 etc... and I don't think people are capable of judging ANH on it's own anymore without also considering Empire and Jedi.

19. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 13:54 descender

The guy has become the next George Lucas

An apt comparison as Lucas' greatest contribution to movies was ILM, not Star Wars.. and Gabe's greatest contribution to gaming is Steam, not Halflife.

11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 8, 2016, 12:41 descender

Of course there are other reasons, but I'm speaking to the technical expertise of a person installing a 3rd party app to handle a registry key change... I'm way past not accepting their other reasons at that point.  

15. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 12:32 descender

He has had time to write 15 episodes of Halflife2 and another 7 sequels at this point... maybe he's just done writing.

Maybe it's simply not worth releasing HL3 until a new level of graphical fidelity can be achieved? This was never, ever going to come out before the new Source2 engine is ready for primetime.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2016, 12:17 descender

Verno wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 12:10:
Deadwood was fantastic and I'm about due for a rewatch, glad to hear the movie is going ahead.

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes.

Come on Carnivale movie.... come onnnnnnn!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 8, 2016, 12:12 descender

That "innovation can be controversial" line is a massive amount of horsehit :p  

1464 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo