Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 607 (Apprentice)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip
9. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 20, 2014, 17:14 descender

you know where I'll be

Yes, but will you really know where you are or will you be desync'd? :p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 20, 2014, 15:39 descender

I've been itching to play it again but avoid doing so for this exact reason.

I imagine the PTR numbers are a bit ballooned at the moment.

Either way, D3 is plenty popular... but also plenty popular to poke fun at.

News Comments > Monaco Sells > 500K
4. Re: Monaco Sells > 500K Feb 20, 2014, 14:36 descender

It was actually part of a better bundle (all co-op games) a few weeks ago. I imagine that and the steam holiday sales are where a majority of the sales came from.  

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
49. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 14:32 descender

I agree that it is a base to build upon... but I fear that Call of Duty: Call Dutier is exactly the type of expanding they will do. :/

Beamer: I think that says a good amount about how fun it is.

I've played the ESO beta for upwards of 30 hours, and I think it's terrible and devoid of fun. Part of being in/getting in to a beta is to make sure you put enough time in it to properly evaluate and stress/bug test a game. That doesn't always equate to enjoying the experience. If all you do is play the game casually... then you are really wasting that beta key.

3. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 20, 2014, 14:21 descender

Current player count on steam:
Path of Exile - 3318 (supposedly half of the player base uses steam, so let's give PoE 7k players... because why not)
Torchlight II - 902

Current estimated diablo 3 player count:
Diablo 3 - ~50000, possibly way more

Which game was it that no one cared about?

Diablo doesn't have a real online count, but you can infer it from the number of the general chat it sticks you in. There are also 735 public games to join (containing somewhere between 735 and 2940 players), but most of the games played are not public.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2014, 14:26.

39. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 13:54 descender

I am fully aware that you can see the cloak when it's on your screen.

It takes about ten years to line up a lethal attack on a pilot

Also fully aware of this.

Unfortunately because of the combination of cloak (no matter how visible it is, you don't always notice it) and completely free-roam environments... players actually have those ten years to line up as many auto-shots as they want. It also auto-targets you through smoke and fire.. things you can't actually see through. There's no sense in defending the smart pistol. It's clearly in the game for console babies that can't actually aim pistols. It should have stayed on consoles though.

I didn't find the parkour difficult at all, in fact it was almost too easy to scale buildings.

On way more than half of the kills I got in the beta (and this goes for all weapons now, I didn't use the smart pistol much), the other pilot had no idea where I was attacking from and definitely never had any chance of escaping. TTK is entirely too quick, and you can ambush from almost any angle. How is insta-dying without any possibility of escaping or retaliating fun? It's not.

I love how everyone's first line of defense is "obviously you must suck at the game" if you have any complaints about anything.

No, no, no... NO, you morons. If any assumptions should be made... I'd wager that the average level of gaming talent on an old school gaming website such as this is considerably higher than your average internet forum. Sometimes the game just sucks.

33. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 13:36 descender

I forgot another gripe I had while playing the beta.

There was zero team balancing going on in the matchmaking. Level 1 and level 14 accounts were consistently mixed together in matches... which is insanely unfair for new players and ego inflating for those who put more than a few hours in i'm sure. After one round all of the level 1's would leave, and all of the level 14's would switch to the same team.

What fun.?

29. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 12:56 descender

Verno, if I had to guess they had the AI on super-stupid mode to make the beta easier to play? I hope? If not... wow.

The most impressive thing about Titanfall is how they have completely butchered the source engine. Messing up the mouse input, AA and making it actually run like crap. Bravo!... ?! I love source, but this game needed to be done in Frostbyte with destructible environments.

Other than that? I found nothing impressive about this game at all. Just lots of insta-kills from guys you never saw coming. Maps are too wide open to avoid getting ambushed or attacked from your blind side because the mechs need room to maneuver. Also... The mechs can't jump? They can fall out of space but they can't step over a 4 foot high wall?! RIDICULOUS.

I was willing to overlook a lot and really wanted this to be fun... but... Giving everyone cloak and a homing pistol is just about the stupidest thing I've ever seen in a multiplayer FPS.

And then there's the viewbob. PUKE.

Unless there is another beta I suspect I've played the last minutes of this game I'll ever see.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2014, 13:37.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video
23. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 20, 2014, 12:45 descender

"They were also only playing on Torment II (goes up to VI)."

They were waltzing through Torment II, doing 2-4mil in crits and not really attempting to avoid any damage or elites. I'd say they were obviously extremely well geared.

If that's the "new norm" then blizzard has simply missed the boat on what makes loot special.

Again.

News Comments > FTL: Advanced Edition Plans
10. Re: FTL: Advanced Edition Plans Feb 20, 2014, 12:36 descender

There should simply be more viable options for fighting a 4 shield ship. If you don't come across the right weapon shop, most of the ships don't come with the firepower you need to take the boss down.

If finding an ion cannon (which alone is not enough) and a multi burst laser is the only way to take down the level 4 shield (or really if any specific weapon type is required for success) then it's not a well balanced fight.

There are a few mods that add a great deal of variety to the weapon loadouts, increasing the ways you can approach the boss fight and improving the game.

If you have only ever played on easy, and you have been able to buy every weapon you come across or "fully load your ship"... then this conversation is probably not for you.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2014, 12:48.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video
14. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video Feb 20, 2014, 12:29 descender

There is a very fine line between "grinding" and "playing the game".

You can't just give people instant gratification. They would burn through all of your content in a week.

What is an MMO other than grinding? None of them can be played in a fashion that avoids it entirely.

My experience with this beta was not great. Anyone who pumps out $75 for the first month of play is going to be sorely disappointed.

News Comments > Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month
31. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 17:59 descender

"D2's loot drops were compelling"

No, they really were not unless you played offline.

12. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 12:41 descender

only used it as extra AH storage

That's something I didn't even think of... the AH essentially acted as an infinitely large inventory. I bet a lot of current players are going to have to delete tons of items that they won't have space for anymore. I better go log in to my account before they close the AH :/

9. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 12:33 descender

I just don't believe D2 was the rose-colored happy fun time that everyone seems to think it was. Hundreds of hours spent clearing the same 3 maps over and over again. All so you could go back to the chat room and try to not get scammed out of trading a SoJ or a rune?

It was simply the only game of it's kind at the time, so everyone played (the shit out of) it.

At least the difficulty in D3 scales up to the point where you could theoretically need to play it for hundreds of hours to beat it at it's hardest level. Once you could clear the cows and Meph/Diablo/Baal... why did anyone actually continue playing D2? Lack of alternatives would be my first guess... and the only reason I saw level 90+ with a Necro.

I know the lack of skill trees was disappointing... but is there really functionally much of a difference in the way you play the game? You could only max out a certain subset of skills in D2 (most builds people used were broken or bugs until they got patched out anyway), just like you can only use a subset of your available skills in D3. Does it matter that there is 1 point or 20 in it when you are clearing something that you are hitting for 10x it's health?

News Comments > FTL: Advanced Edition Plans
7. Re: FTL: Advanced Edition Plans Feb 19, 2014, 12:18 descender

I wish they would re-tune the boss fight... there are very few weapon loadouts that can actually defeat the boss. Beam heavy, missle heavy or high damage lasers are nearly impossible to use against a level 4 shield. On the other extreme... Burst lasers, drones and a boarding party make the boss fight fairly trivial. Once you get the hang of the game... it really boils down to whether or not you found a shop with the right weapon upgrades.  

7. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 12:13 descender

The only thing that ruined this game for people was nostalgia.

D2 wasn't actually any more fun that D3 is. Considerably less, actually.

14. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 19, 2014, 12:11 descender

I'm pretty sure it's possible, but I would say that without the auction houses collecting the gear to make this video possible would take quite a bit of time It's more likely that these are the only 3 characters in the game that are geared this well.

In the new loot 2.0 system (targeted drops based on the character you are playing, guaranteed to roll your main stat at a certain potency), it should take considerably less time... but still well over 100 hours to get yourself in a position where you can clear act 3-4 of inferno.

If the loot and how much damage you hit for is your only drive in this game, then I imagine a slot machine would be much more fun for you with a better ROI. Outside of E-Peen though, if you don't find it fun to just run around and kill some guys then hack-n-slash loot generators are not going to be the genre for you.

4. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 12:03 descender

I think I would rather know how much money the players earned. Who cares that Blizzard got a percentage for facilitating the trade? How dare they provide a secure method of trading digital goods without getting scammed?

I still don't understand the purpose of removing the RHAH (or the GAH either). All they had to do was stop attempting to balance the game around it. Now they'll have people trading items/gold for real money through third party websites and such, and people will get scammed like crazy.

When presented with the choice of playing the game the right way, or "cheating" and buying their way to the end game... it's incredibly sad that people took that as the only way to play the game.

By the time I cleared a second character (monk) into inferno difficulty, I had acquired enough gear for my first character (WD) to then proceed through inferno. I some how managed to play the game without the auction houses ruining my experience... The horror!

11. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 19, 2014, 11:53 descender

Yes? Those numbers you are seeing are only the crit hits. I'm not sure having a character that can one shot everything in the game on the hardest difficulties is a requirement to playing and enjoying the game though. Quite the opposite, I think that would make it incredibly boring and not worth playing.

It's amazing to me that the end game being difficult and taking time to play and acquire upgrades somehow became a "game breaking problem" between D2 and D3. As if slaughtering cows for hundreds of hours was any more entertaining.

News Comments > Steam Adds Discoverability Options
17. Re: Steam Adds Discoverability Options Feb 9, 2014, 03:43 descender

I keep a pretty good eye on my bandwidth and HD space (especially the drive my steam install and library resides on because it's basically full all the time) and I've never seen it download something that wasn't an update to or content I already owned. I would be getting a lot of "out of space" errors if that was actually happening. You even have to physically click on "pre-loading" to make it happen for pre-release purchases from what I've seen.

One EA game screwing up certainly doesn't convince me it's a common thing with Steam at all.

Never seen steam download anything I didn't already own, can't even google any reference to it being a real issue. I think I'll file this one under "hater nonsense".

I don't understand the actual announcement in this article at all. There has been a "My Games" section on the news page for a long, long time... and 90% of developers simply don't use it or only use it for shameless promotion of their other games. "Today we released a feature we had already". OK. Tell me that the devs are actually going to use it this time

607 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo