Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 445 (Amateur)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
23. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 15:08 descender

It irritates me that people can't get their head around the fact that you don't have to touch the auction house (real money or gold) to play diablo 3.

If you DO touch it, that means you are changing the bell curve for your equipment upgrades, and basically removing thejoy of finding any upgrades from the realm of possibility.

It begs the question... did you people ever actually PLAY diablo 2? It was way more like diablo 3 than torchlight 2 in an incredible amount of ways.

I fear the general public is looking for a nostalgic experience that they never actually had.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
22. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 14:58 descender

may your RMAH eat you from within in hell

I anticipate that within two weeks, complaints will begin about the loot quality drops in TL2, and the ability to go "buy out" the RNG will be sorely missed.

Heck if I released one of these loot farming games, the first week or two would purposely have ridiculous items dropping to get people excited about the game.

No one has the patience to go farm for items anymore. If they did they wouldn't have cried about the way items dropped in D3 (basically the same as D2... the way torchlight does it is completely different). They would have been able to ignore the existence of the AH, because it didn't effect your gameplay AT ALL unless you chose to allow it to. You could have farmed for equipment, like many people are still doing in that game... like EVERYONE will have to do in TL2.

When the bell curve for upgrades gets to 10+ hours for your character, then let's see how everyone feels about all the flashy BS on the items.

I prefer the skill trees and ability systems in TL2, but again people forget about the permanence of choice and how much they "love choice but don't actually want to deal with the consequences". I guarantee one of the first community requests will be for a full respec option, basically trivializing the permanence of skill progression just like D3.

I don't know, I just wasn't bowled over when playing this yesterday... time to go back and play more I guess...

PC Gaming > Checkpoint-only saves
2. Re: Checkpoint-only saves Sep 19, 2012, 12:45 descender

Checkpoint saves are better than "quick saves" or being able to save whenever you feel like it, IMO...

It's the most abused mechanic in the history of PC games (mostly FPS). The saves have to be spread out to create challenging areas. Otherwise you can just hit quick save before you walk into each room... and if you die or use too much ammo or take too many hits, you can just reload it... kill the room cleanly now that you know where everything is... and move on.

Being able to save whenever you want largely trivializes any difficulty in games. Checkpoints may not be the right way of solving this, but it's better than nothing.

News Comments > Resident Evil 6 for PC Status
7. Re: Resident Evil 6 for PC Status Sep 19, 2012, 12:41 descender

Projects like this you guys seem to think are "trivial" but they are not

No, we think it as trivial because YOU treat it as such, and then CHARGE US for it!

Maybe it's about time companies went back to developing games on PC (the horror!) and porting them to the consoles... which is the natural state of programming anyway...

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak
24. Re: Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak Sep 14, 2012, 11:41 descender

There are very few item restrictions in D3 (they actually removed restrictions on 2handed weapons), and getting a "class specific weapon" is not necessary at all. Imagine if there were real archtype restrictions on these items, like oldschool mmo's... and monks couldn't use anything with a blade on it.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak
21. Re: Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak Sep 14, 2012, 02:12 descender

WoW (and the popularization of MMO's in general) has changed the way gamers work, and the general public will never be able to fully accept a random loot game anymore. They need to know that when they kill X mob... W, Y, or Z item can drop but you know going in that they are upgrades for someone you are playing with. No one wants to deal with vendor fodder anymore or the off chance that a good deal of effort may result in a random item that no one can use.

Poor itemization in BL2 will be the first thing (Well, one of the first things... I'm sure...) everyone starts complaining about. 87 bazillion weapons and 12 good ones, just like the first game.

News Comments > Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow
44. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 13, 2012, 13:18 descender

So you have some better reason for assuming playing TF2 is about something that has very little to do with the game? Do tell trollface...  

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
54. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 10, 2012, 10:58 descender

i have lots of kids at my house and they dont want to solve puzzles.

Then you should be teaching them better. You should not be letting any children play "action games". Buy your kid an NES and let him play some real games for fucks sake.

Any kid with an iPad, xbox, ps3, etc has a TERRIBLE PARENT.

39. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 10, 2012, 10:44 descender

but the majority of those patches are for hats and 'deals' for 'pre-ordering' other games.

Also wrong, a majority of their patches and bug fixes and balance fixes. You only think it's "all about hats" because you probably suck at the game and don't/can't play it.

TF2 could be the biggest success story in the history of PC gaming.

38. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 10, 2012, 10:42 descender

It will be interesting to see if they can get developers to support the idea, allowing for scalable interfaces and fonts in their games. CUrrently being able to buy games on Steam on my TV is of NO advantage to me, because more than half of them cannot be played on that same TV.  

37. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 10, 2012, 10:40 descender

They need to remember what they are.

No, you need to remember who you are. A consumer. You are free to take your business elsewhere I'm sure.

No one, certainly not Valve, cares that you think they owe it to you to create the games you want to play.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Footage
27. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 4, 2012, 16:10 descender

What in Borderlands had anything to do with the fact another player was standing there? Have you ever played a real co-op game? "Class mods" are a really weak answer. I'm not talking about passively healing someone because they happen to be standing next to me. Short of reviving each other, I fail to see how the different "classes" worked together in the first game.

I see "co-op doom" going on in the new videos. Second verse, same as the first...

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Footage
25. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 2, 2012, 14:22 descender

So what did they add to create an actual Co-op situation, instead of 4 people separately running around playing a SP game?

There was no need to work together in the original, at all. No skills between classes that worked well together. Everyone just run around and press your one button!

Unless there is a fundamental change in the gameplay in 2, this will be insanely-boring, just like the first one.

News Comments > Diablo III Nerf Warning
4. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 14:18 descender

The loot drops in Borderlands were atrocious... I didn't find a new weapon on my entire second playthrough. Think about that for a second.

This "we won't hotfix it" thing screams of "we can't afford to lose anymore players, so keep using these broken features until we break everything else".

News Comments > Black Mesa Source This Month
20. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 2, 2012, 14:12 descender

Then don't play it. No one here cares how entitled you think you are, at all.  

News Comments > Train Simulator 2013 Next Month
2. Re: Train Simulator 2013 Next Month Aug 15, 2012, 12:19 descender

I won a copy of 2012 in last years steam summer event.... couldn't sell it for $10 on their forums.  

News Comments > Battle.net Security Breach
23. Re: Battle.net Security Breach Aug 9, 2012, 20:16 descender

Julio wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 19:36:
Looks like we now know how accounts were getting hacked all along. Blizzard probably knew a long time ago.

I'm sure it helped the bottom line at Blizzard selling a bunch of authenticators for the past few months.

DING DING DING

My account was hacked like 3 weeks after launch, due to no action of my own or compromise in the security of my computer. The only people that knew the username and password that i used for D3 was me and blizzard. Yet, somehow, miraculously I got hacked and "blamed for the breach" by the CS staff.

Fuck you Blizzard. Fuck you with a big brown dick.

"AAA" titles at this point are all getting written off, the industry is a fucking disaster right now.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Change Plans
27. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 5, 2012, 09:57 descender

People insist on complaining that they want overpriced items. Is that what you meant to say? You can find plenty of stuff that isn't overpriced. It doesn't matter because then actually playing the game is pointless.

You let the AH ruin your own experience, not the other way around.

News Comments > Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated]
22. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 23, 2012, 14:04 descender

Serving text content and running an online gaming system are like, totally the same thing!  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Campaign 58 Hours
5. Re: Borderlands 2 Campaign 58 Hours Jul 19, 2012, 13:42 descender

They could announce that the game shits blowjobs and farts gold and I still would not touch it with a 10-foot pole til well after launch.

It's amazing though, Diablo 3 is so bad everyone seems to have forgotten how awful Borderlands was... or wants to anyway...

445 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo