Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1103 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide
26. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 16:01 descender

No one should ever be changing the thread priority on a process in windows for almost any reason.

At the very least don't take it as a solution, take it as "something else in your machine is screwing up your gaming under normal priority that needs to be fixed".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2015, 15:22 descender

The youtube app for android can cache videos for offline play, does the IOS app not do that?  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
35. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 14:07 descender

Why would it be game breaking for you if I could strafe or back up properly in FP view?

They made choices, they just suck. They took the shortest route to releasing the first-person mod possible... they didn't change anything else in the game to accommodate it.

When they charge full price for a re-release of a game... based almost solely around this one feature... and then it seems just sort of "hacked in".... I'm pretty sure some hand-wringing is completely justified.

If you don't want to talk about the games sub-systems and how they interact and influence the end product... then you are right... maybe you should just stick to playing the games.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2015, 14:01 descender

The Sony leak are all corporate communications that contain newsworthy, immoral, and possibly illegal corporate activities.

I'd agree with you JD, but all that actually got released from Sony were the racist personal communications and leaks about upcoming projects. That's exactly the hypocrisy he's talking about, they are being insane irresponsible and what they released should have probably stayed private.

Who's to say that a company's internal communications are any less deserving of privacy? If there are legal matters at hand, that's what lawyers and courtrooms are for. The courts will decide what should and should not be released to the public... just like in a private case. The media seemingly taking this one into their own hands was really bad. Unfortunately that's the twitter-fed world we live in today... tabloid scandal has become news, morals and ethics be damned.

33. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 13:41 descender

There's a ton of physics based animations

The Euphoria engine really only blends animations, it's not a magic bi-pedal physics engine :p GTA5 has seemingly scaled back the actual ragdoll physics calculations in all animations compared to GTA4.

What I'm specifically referring to in regards to the FP camera feeling clunky is that funky "first step" animation that acts really bizarre and jumpy at times when using WASD (as opposed to an analog stick that handles the slow step "animations" better)... It just doesn't react like a standard FPS character would, it controls like an over-the-shoulder character would at all times.

It takes away from the FPS experience for me, if the guy is going to be reacting funny or more importantly... not reacting right away when I press something... I kind of need to know/see why to react properly, which means I need to be back in third-person camera.

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2015, 11:14 descender

raunchy and profane

I'm not sure that even begins to describe a Bob Sagat standup routine... lol...

My dog licked my baaaaaaaaaalllllsssss.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2015, 11:12 descender

Is yours Affected?

Well who the fuck could know, since there is no list of affected devices listed anywhere in that article or the click-through links.

Seems to be much ado about nothing though, I can't really say when the last time I tried to use that app on my samsung smart TV. it is strange for them to cut off API's like this for little to no reason though... Google has picked up some really bad habits over the last few years.

31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 10:56 descender

This is a third person game heavily based on character physics.

I think you misspelled "pre-canned animations" but yeah... the clunkyness of motion in the first person camera is because it isn't changing the way your character moves around in the world at all, it literally just zooms the camera all the way in to his head.

They don't even hide the player model... possibly the laziest FirstPerson Camera mod ever.

Don't get me wrong... it's real cool once you fix the FOV but I'd still never be able to play the whole game this way, too many things seem pre-baked with the third-person camera view in mind. Seems more of a gimmick than anything else.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
51. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 20, 2015, 09:04 descender

hold left mouse click and steer with mouse

You mean I can do that without turning on mouse control all the time?! WOO!

My only real keybind complaint so far is that I can't bind backspace to anything (I have one of my mouse buttons set to backspace for... reasons...). I set up profile for GTA, no big deal. Otherwise everything is pretty solid so far.

The "Flawless Widescreen" app updated yesterday with a GTA5 profile in case anyone else uses that for FOV control.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 19, 2015, 10:12 descender

Rockstar did an absolutely fantastic job of optimizing this one

I disagree, better optimization would allow the game to scale down better. They optimized it wonderfully for a 360 and a ps3... but not for mid-range and lower PC's.

Their graphic options are not very clear on what is a CPU bound and what is GPU bound setting either. Running this on some middle of the road hardware... I can set some things to very high and see zero performance difference while some things have to be set to normal or I get 20FPS... it's very confusing and inconsistent.

I'm actually curious (and going to look it up after I post this) what the equivalent settings to the 360 version are on the PC.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
279. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 23:45 descender

You have some real issues man. I wish you luck.  

273. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 19:23 descender

... and yet you still see no problem with your attitude and the way you refer to other people.

Riiight.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Announced Apr 17, 2015, 18:21 descender

I was expecting more of a hybrid between the two

Well you can count me right out of that hope. I hate everything to do with Battlefield games.

They don't need to change the Battlefront II formula in any way. They just need to release a nice pretty version of it and leave the core gameplay alone.

Fingers crossed ever so tightly. There is no hope... is there :p

271. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 18:16 descender

when most of the shit you post is garbage

Your sanctimonious rant almost worked... until that line. You almost got through an entire post without insulting someone. I guess you can try again tomorrow.

11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Announced Apr 17, 2015, 18:12 descender

40-person competitive multiplayer to crafted missions that are played solo, with a friend via split-screen offline or co-operatively online.

40-person MP
SP missions
offline split screen Co-Op
online co-op

What are we going on about here? Sounds like it has every game mode one could want. Is the complaint that there isn't a story driven campaign? Battlefield is a skirmish arena game... story and campaign do not compute.

God I can't wait for this, but the expectation of disaster due to DicEA is high.

10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Announced Apr 17, 2015, 18:09 descender

Anyone expecting (or hoping) it would be a Star Wars themed Battlefield game

Well who in their right mind would be expecting or wanting that?

It sure sounds like some here are not familiar with the expected gameplay in a Battlefront game at all.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming
16. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 16:20 descender

I'm glad I'm way behind you guys in my playthrough. Thanks for being the test dummies.

Note to self: Don't do Warden Bounties until the very end.

263. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 16:08 descender

Moderation probably wouldn't be a concern of yours if you were not causing problems. If you actually notice (or care) how Blue moderates things then.... maybe you should rethink how you interact with people.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 17, 2015, 11:04 descender

Guitar hero is confirmed to have a new guitar layout (3 frets in 2 rows) and no old instruments are compatible. None of the old purchased music moves with you either, but they are offering tons of tracks through some sort of "guitar hero radio" service.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2015, 18:57 descender

I have actually seen that jd it's pretty good There are lots of fun tear-downs of the new movies. My favorite is this guy.

I feel like I went way too far in that second post. I don't really mean to say that the original movies were bad... they just weren't the perfect miracles of filmmaking that they get trotted out to be. People are overly critical of the prequels for a lot of reasons that could easily be applied to the original movies. Making a prequel is kind of shallow from a plot perspective no matter what you do because you know the outcomes of all of the players involved.

Should they have been better? Do I wish they were better? Yes, of course... I just don't act like they were the worst thing to ever grace the screen. That's not necessary. With any luck the new movies will blow us all away. Looks good so far.

1103 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo