Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1056 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2015, 18:28 descender

No... they are generally fine people, spoken as a white dude anyway... I have seen NYPD being more lenient in my experience than nassau or suffolk county PD (those jerkoffs are the highest paid traffic cops in the country)....

NYPD is technically the 7th largest "army" in the world... so yeah... There are just a lot of them so there are lots of bad apples to "hear about" in the news.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.com Reclaim Your Game Program
13. Re: GOG.com Reclaim Your Game Program Apr 2, 2015, 16:08 descender

This is really cool, I hope they continue to extend this to older games. I have a few books full of CD's/DVD's I'd love to be able to throw out.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 16:00 descender

The GTA4 engine was severely CPU limited in it's performance, and there is little reason to expect this to be any different. Upgrading your video card before seeing it in action will probably prove unnecessary.

@DangerDog - You should be installing DanielK drivers for that soundblaster card

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 1, 2015, 11:24 descender

I'd believe it more if they weren't branded.

Amazon already offers a similar service with the auto-buy options anyway.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 31, 2015, 16:18 descender

Eclipse has been on my radar for a while. I need some serious players to tackle something like that though :/  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length
39. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 16:16 descender

I probably would have played 100 hours LESS of Skyrim if I had known the "radiant quests" were basically a never-ending waste of time. /grumble  

31. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 15:24 descender

Well, combat systems and gameplay generally have nothing to do with something being a "port" or not. Neither does the control scheme for that matter, no matter how much people around here would like you to believe that :p That's a really poor way of judging games.

Hack-n-slash games have no significant plot points or goals, just kill stuff. They tend to be top-down games like Diablo. The Witcher is an action-RPG franchise.

A "port" is a game that was primarily developed for and ON consoles, and then "ported" to PC as an afterthought. None of these games qualify in any way. The entire Witcher franchise is developed "PC first". A lot of people freaked out because they said they support gamepads and one random reviewer said it "felt like a console game". That's about as anecdotal and stupid as it gets, why would anyone believe it?

28. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 15:12 descender

It's neither a console port nor a hack-n-slash game so uh... yes?  

26. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 14:37 descender

I have tons of games and not enough time to play thru them so the story sometimes gets in the way of the gameplay

Glossing over your unnecessary remarks about age... The only thing getting in the way of your gameplay is your impatience and your expectation/need to finish a game quickly. Your time management is poor, and you try to play too many games at once. That's a you problem lol, not a problem with how long the games actually are.

If you aren't done, keep playing. Who cares if you finish the game this week, this month... or this year? Just keep playing until you are done or bored with it. If you are bored, you were never going to finish it regardless of your free time, don't pretend otherwise. Also... Stop buying new games when they come out (and paying full price like a TOTAL sucker) until you finish the ones you are playing. Trust me, they will still be waiting there when you finish.

My backlog in steam has been moving in the wrong direction for years as life takes up more and more of my time. This doesn't prompt me to start haphazardly skipping through the games I've paid for though, because that would be a waste of time AND money... I could have just NOT bought the game in the first place if I was planning to skip over half of it. It simply means that it takes longer to finish one game and move on to the next. It also means that I am only rarely tempted to pay full price for a game on launch day. I have a pile of the most popular games from the last few years that only cost me $5 each and I can wait forever to play them. Wins all around.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
18. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 31, 2015, 14:14 descender

Good thread, 3 new people to ignore :p  

10. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 11:50 descender

Am I the only one that hates reading these absurd long game hours?

Yes? Why are you in such a rush to get to the end? Enjoy the journey. Also, ask your doctor to treat your ADD

Skipping over large parts of the media you are entertaining yourself with is pretty silly. Why are you bothering to play a story driven game if you aren't paying attention to the story? Do you go to movie theaters for the popcorn, and then walk out when you finish it?

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
86. Re: Into the Black Mar 31, 2015, 11:47 descender

"If there is no dogfight there is no space sim"

The general public's understanding of "flight in space" is hilariously misinformed.

There will never be a dogfight in space. Ever. Lots of long range ballistics, orbital maneuvers and "jousting" are much more realistic than the limited imagination of "flight mechanics in space".

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2015, 12:33.

7. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 11:30 descender

I'm not sure I understand this sentiment. There aren't nearly enough skillpoints in Witcher2 to fully upgrade your signs, your combat and your alchemy skills... there are absolutely different play-styles or "classes" available within the game depending on what skills you specialize in.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2015, 10:17 descender

Level your hero to lvl 4 (on coop) before even attempting a quick match.

Unlocking the advanced abilities is really important... Co-op also helps learn the map types and timing of objectives too. I never understood why people skip this, jump straight into live matches and then complain the game sucks when they don't understand what is going on.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
49. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 31, 2015, 10:08 descender

I wish the companion meetings were a little uh... dynamic?

I started as a wizard, I get to the first inn and meet a wizard companion. I go in the inn and create a fighter companion, I walk outside the inn to the next quest by the hanging tree... and meet a fighter companion. So frustrating, and I'm thinking of starting over at this point. Why make a fighter or wizard at all if they are the first two companions you meet within 30 minutes? Looks like there is also an official priest companion in the second area... does it make sense to wait on creating one of those until I get there? I looked it up and apparently there are no "official" rogue/barbarian/monk companions... so are those the only ones safe to create/play without doubling up a class in your party? Seems a little odd...

Long story short, I was a little shocked that it presented me with companions for classes I already had covered, it would be much more useful if it presented you with classes you didn't have early on in the game.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
27. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 15:43 descender

God damnit, who the fuck is going to build the rest of my City now?  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2015, 13:23 descender

There are no basements in Cali and other warm places mainly because it never freezes there.

If the ground freezes, it would upheave and crack the entire foundation of a house built on just a slab. To avoid this they HAVE to dig down below the 4ft "freeze line" to anchor the foundation, and that's where the basements come from.

They don't want to dig any holes they don't have to, so unless you specifically pay to have a basement built into your house in these areas, you won't have one.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
48. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 16:38 descender

This is pretty common licensing practice in the corporate world. usually you have to even generate the hash yourself, submit it to the company and then they generate a key for you based on it.

He could have just contacted EA and asked them to remove these limitations for them to do reviews (literally a 3 minute phone call), but he decided to cry about it on the internet instead.

This DRM is stupid, don't get me wrong... but it's not out of the ordinary in any way.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2015, 16:13 descender

I trust what people at Blues say.

That must save you a lot of money... lol

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released
12. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released Mar 24, 2015, 15:54 descender

These days, I pretty much wait and only buy the GOTY version.

Agreed.

One of my biggest gaming purchase regrets in the past decade is missing out on DA:O Ultimate for $2.50 on a X-mas Steam sale. Sigh.

I have such a backlog that playing (or at least, paying full price for) new games is just stupid.

$5 or bust!

1056 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo