Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1473 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
58. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 12, 2015, 08:20 descender

Just asking for trouble.....

Why, because you hate new things and it works flawlessly?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Hardware Launches
17. Re: Steam Hardware Launches Nov 11, 2015, 10:35 descender

The battery compartment has a slide switch that pops it off? Not sure if it was always that way but definitely not hard to take off. Getting the batteries out definitely takes a little more force if you don't push the tabs in the proper direction.

I've been using the gamepad to control windows outside of the Steam BPM and it works flawlessly so I'm not anticipating any trouble playing Civ5 or an RTS. Haven't decided if I like it set as trackball or mouse control yet but its perfectly accurate in either mode. I will definitely configure Civ5 later and let you know how it works out.

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
116. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 11, 2015, 09:14 descender

You're wrong about every single other game on GMG, but maybe you'll be right with this one!  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 11, 2015, 09:13 descender

They are making all profit because it's not betting against the house. All of the "winnings" the fake people talk about on the commercials are actually other people's money... a point lost on so many that think they're gonna be the one to break the bank.

But I suppose people still buy lottery tickets too so... stupid tax expanded.

114. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 11, 2015, 09:03 descender

I'm fairly certain you're supposed to refer to them as "gotcha" questions when people prompt you for facts and you can't back them up.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Launches
15. Re: Steam Hardware Launches Nov 11, 2015, 08:56 descender

The controller is fucking incredible. The level of customization for every single button (hello feather trigger!) and the pads/gyro is really impressive. You can even apply modifiers to the pads depending on how far out on the ring you are pressing (for things like automated walk/run in games without analog movement).

The only downside I see is the hour or two you will likely have to spend customizing the controls for each game. The interface for downloading other control profiles is there but not very intuitive (you can't see the changes before you apply them and some of the more advanced settings are not obvious). After a few weeks there should be some better profiles to download. Best part is the controller works outside of steam to allow control of your entire desktop (although it stops responding when I click a task manager window for some reason).

I see no reason anyone would want to use a xbox controller once properly adapted to this. It does everything that a regular controller does and more. It's going to take years of practice to be totally comfortable with the mouse control/touchpads... but after one evening it feels worth every minute and I didn't find myself longing for a right analog stick once. Don't even bother if you don't have the patience to learn new things though, this is not a "pick up and play" situation in any way.

EDIT: and I didn't even start messing with the motion control! It was on by default in L4D2 and quite surprising in accuracy. The sensitivity was a little goofy so I just turned it off for last nights session.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2015, 09:02.

108. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 15:36 descender

The coupon expires in 3 days and has nothing to do with the release of FO4, so you have a few days to work on your next excuse as to why you were actually talking about something else.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?page=1&o=price&price=59-60

Yeah, look at all those games they immediately drop the price on 3 days after release! Oh wait, they raised all the prices again because of their coupon right? LOL

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2015, 15:44.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2015, 15:25 descender

Yeah, sounds like it might be something specific to that game not allowing mouse and gamepad inputs at the same time. Try switching off of mouse control and see if you have better luck.

Something tells me that FO4 is going to have this same exact problem based on some comments I've seen. 2 hours to install?! Yeesh.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2015, 13:24 descender

A lot of the reviews of the controller are playing madmax. Is it not recognizing it or is it some other issue? I found one thing about not being able to run/walk and control the camera at the same time if you have the right trackpad set to mouse control.

Games are going to have to stop shutting down the unused control set if this thing is going to work out. :/

101. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 11:53 descender

Every one of those retailers is offering (has to offer?) a discount for launch day so you buy it from them, otherwise why would you.

Somehow people fall for it and try to make me look like I'm delusional.

Yes that's it, we're all trying to make you "look delusional"
... it's not that you just don't understand what you are reading... not that at all.

News Comments > Online GTA Mods Closed
4. Re: Online GTA Mods Closed Nov 10, 2015, 11:48 descender

The mod bypasses the authentication servers for multiplayer, that's why it got shut down.  

94. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 11:33 descender

How many more times do you want to change which currency and what country you are talking about to fit your ridiculous argument?

Your looking at a list of shady 3rd party steam key websites... those aren't real retail prices.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2015, 11:39.

92. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 11:20 descender

What planet do you live on Quinn? The AAA launch price for PC games has been $60 for almost a decade.

Give it up already.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2015, 11:09 descender

I'm way more excited for my Steampad showing up today than either FO4 or SC2:3... I've been waiting on starting Witcher3 until I got it.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Nov 10, 2015, 10:10 descender

https://youtu.be/R6xjmkKxqmc

From the comments, interviews and first person perspectives of that same crash.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preloads
57. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 9, 2015, 10:41 descender

Bethesda is known for developing / publishing solid PC titles

HAH. This can't be serious. I can only imagine you've never played a Bethesda game at launch.

After a few weeks the first massive community patch will come out fixing the hundreds of buggy models and quests and such... then Bethesda will slowly incorporate them into actual game updates (if at all) months later. They've literally done this with every one of these games since Oblivion.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2015, 10:50.

News Comments > Overwatch Origins Edition Details
13. Re: Overwatch Origins Edition Details Nov 6, 2015, 18:27 descender

I like it... at the very least this will keep the F2P kiddies from ruining the community/experience.

I think some here severely underestimate the Blizzard brand association and how popular this game will be unless it is truly, truly awful.

I am cautiously optimistic that this will be good enough for killing an hour or two a week. Let me in the beta you jerks.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released
24. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released Nov 6, 2015, 17:45 descender

online is a ghost town, hard to even find a team deathmatch let alone the fragmented dlc audience

Just thought I'd remind you about the last CoD game you bought.

Gamers gonna play play play... other games.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2015, 17:43 descender

I have a bunch of smug ass relatives that like to remind me what they are doing during winter months too, and then they stay inside for the entire summer because it's too hot out. I can put on a warm coat if it gets colder, you can't get any more naked when it gets hotter though.

Not to mention when those palm fronds fall and tear all the gutters off of your house because they are 100+ pounds.

Perspective.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Nov 6, 2015, 13:50 descender

Story was updated an hour ago... Orders were cancelled due to a bug in their pre-order system and no orders have actually been cancelled.

Nothing to see here...

1473 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo