Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 724 (Apprentice)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Countdown
21. Re: Team Fortress 2 Countdown Jun 17, 2014, 15:24 descender

handicap mechanics...? Shocked Confused  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 17, 2014, 15:07 descender

This is simply pressure from the auto lobby, and NOTHING else. They want to make in-dash GPS NAV systems MANDATORY in cars, just like they recently did with back-up cameras. All to artificially keep the price of cars inflated.

In-dash options being outclassed by every smartphone on the planet is a big problem for that plan :p

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Game of Thrones series 4 finale sets new online piracy record Jun 17, 2014, 15:03 descender

Agreed, everyone trying to justify it are just kidding themselves.

The only reason content piracy has blown up in the last decade is because people can do it at home in their underwear, and they don't think anyone can see them doing it. VHS piracy and DVD piracy was never actually stopped, it was simply inconvenient.

It probably should have driven the price of acquiring content down more by now, but they are fighting it desperately. At this point I don't even think they could sue enough people to make the risk of "getting caught" real enough for the average person.

18. Re: Team Fortress 2 Countdown Jun 17, 2014, 14:55 descender

The problem I have with it is that they've hurt the competitive part of the game

I don't like how you equate "competitive" with "less options". If anything the addition of new weapons and strategies has infinitely increased the strategic depth of TF2.

You just can't see past the hats.

17. Re: Team Fortress 2 Countdown Jun 17, 2014, 14:52 descender

I wish TF2 ended up having those kind of modding community maps.

It absolutely does hvae these things.

One of my favorite things to play is pyro dodgeball. The Prop "Hide-n-seek" with a full server and the saxton hale mods are also really fun.

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Jun 17, 2014, 14:44 descender

The constant breaks and pauses ruin it for me.

I bet this is actually why a lot of Americans can't handle watching Soccer... we don't have our ADHD fed every 5 minutes with TV commericals, and we have to watch roughly 45 minutes of straight television. The horror!

In all seriousness, the same people complain that baseball is too slow as well. I attribute a lot of it to them simply not understanding the complexity and nuance of the sports. Scoring does not equal entertainment.

My only gripe with soccer is the flopping and rolling around like they just got stabbed. Thank god for the skip 10 seconds button on my DVR...

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
11. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Jun 16, 2014, 15:21 descender

More of the same is fine with me. This franchise is gaming of the highest quality. There's a lot of interaction going on with the water and fauna that looks really good. I don't remember that being in 2? Hopefully they continue to expand upon the combat (and bring back fighting styles!). The combat rebalance mod for W2 was great, and hopefully a sign they may have learned some things about the sluggish feel of W2 combat.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 16, 2014, 15:10 descender

If there was a genre called "twitch racing" that Pod racing game was certainly in it.

This looks a lot like Wipeout, minus the vertigo.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 14:52 descender

Said unreachable server will be shut down before the release date, but after pre-orders are taken.

Boxed PC versions of the game will come with actual bait. Switches can also be purchased, but only in collectors editions.

This is a fun game...

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 16, 2014, 14:25 descender

God you are so fucking dense.

It's an accurate reflection of the target market that actually buys the games.

The "market" is simply a reflection of the gaming industry itself. Games designed by white males for white males are purchased by white males. What people actually want is choice. When games are designed for a broader audience, a broader audience BUYS THEM... which is why the white male domination COMPLETELY DISAPPEARS in sales figures outside of "AAA games". The figures show that they could be reaching and selling to a much broader audience if they weren't as misogynistic and close-minded as you are.

"We" are not talking about anything. "We" is just you spewing your uninformed bullshit again. Please ignore me, I'd hate to have to read any more of your completely ignorant responses. All you post is hate and negativity in every thread and then spend another 10 posts defending how completely stupid you are. It's time to step out of the bubble you seem to live in, if only for a few minutes.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2014, 14:32.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 14:10 descender

Article:
A lot of people got the impression that we’re changing the EULA somehow to only now disallow these things, but they were never allowed.

Cutter post:
Isn't the real issue here the revised EULA?

STOP MAKING THEM SAD.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade
22. Re: Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade Jun 16, 2014, 14:07 descender

I didn't think you made it up intentionally, which is why I suggested you should check your system for the bitcoin miner... but there is literally zero reason for a cracked game to run slower. Especially in this case where there have been no patches yet (patches that pirated versions actually still get now thanks to the steam cracks) and the removal of the DRM (uPlay).

I'd say there is likely something else going on there. I know I have my steam folder on the "fast" part of the disk through my defrag software, so if I don't install something there (like a cracked game) it could theoretically end up being slower unless I am diligent.

17. Re: Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade Jun 16, 2014, 12:47 descender

Where do people get this notion that the pirated version runs poorer than the legit copy?

One of the pirated copies of Watch_Dogs comes loaded with a bitcoin miner malware that will run one of your cores 100%. Technically THAT version of THIS game runs slower... but in general cracked copies of games run exactly the same or slightly faster than their legit versions.

Also, quinn you should probably scan your system now

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 16, 2014, 12:04 descender

"bridge in act 3 being the worst offender"

I find slowdowns anywhere there is a lot of "fire". Turn down the shadows and it goes away.

Shadow detail is the bane of PC games and almost always the first thing I look to for performance issues.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 16, 2014, 11:52 descender

Do you thrive on being wrong Cutter? Or just an asshole.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/esa_ef_2014.pdf

13. Re: Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade Jun 16, 2014, 11:38 descender

The real cracked version does NOT run slower, but there is a bad copy of it out there that includes a bitcoin miner.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2014, 11:30 descender

3. Spintires

Someone please explain this.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2014, 11:22 descender

I understand you on linking your source and not cutting out your middle man, but I still don't agree that site is worthy :p Last night the page wouldn't even load so they had to be cut out of the equation anyway. If ant wasn't one of their "top contributors", would anyone have gone there looking for that video?

I'm really just giving you a hard time because the clutter on that site makes me not want to be there.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: Daggerfall map Jun 16, 2014, 00:49 descender

Game World Map Comparison

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2014, 00:38 descender

Again with the videosift links, they just embed youtube! Link to youtube!  

724 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo