Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 445 (Amateur)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters
19. Re: Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters Mar 13, 2014, 11:19 descender

Not that much better on user maintained servers either.

Not the point at all. The reason they took dedicated and user run servers away from us was because they said it was easier for hackers to dismantle the dedicated server files... Yet here we are at day 1.5 of Titanfall and... hackers.

It highlights the fact this is a bullshit excuse by game devs.

I love the guys below saying that PS2 has no hackers. How could you hack in a game with such piss poor hit detection in the first place?

Not all hacks have to be aim bots. Model/skin replacement hacks are just as useful, and infinitely harder to detect.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Leaves Beta
14. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Leaves Beta Mar 12, 2014, 13:54 descender

Someone who just hit level 10 that has only a handful of cards from the expert deck should not be getting put up against someone in that has a full deck of rare or better cards. How is that an enjoyable experience for either person? Especially when it could so very easily be handled by some sort of matchmaking system. Then you can then play your powerful deck of cards against players with a similar deck in either queue.

What they changed in the ranked queue (allowing people to retain half their rank in new seasons) is a welcome change to that game mode... and will help the matchmaking there at the beginning of new seasons... but "casual" seems to just throw you up against anyone who happened to be sitting there waiting. The level of the class you are playing and your overall common deck power should simply be more of a factor in who you end up playing against.

I think Arena mode should also always match you up with a player that has played the same numbers of games as you... when you get up to 5-6 wins you have considerable "knowledge of your deck" advantage over players playing their first game or two with their new arena deck.

Just spitballin here... shrug. Obviously I'm having lots of fun with Hearthstone. It makes me really happy I never got into MTG, because I'd probably be much poorer.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Leaves Beta
12. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Leaves Beta Mar 12, 2014, 11:44 descender

I wish they would move the stupid cards up away from the bottom of the screen... as if I need to pretend I need to "pick up my hand" to see the text on the cards. Just a dumb design decision there.

My only other real issue so far is with the matchmaking... or lack thereof. If you haven't randomly given me any legendary cards yet, stop making me play against people in unranked mode with ANY legendary cards... let alone multiple! I played some guy this morning that dropped ragnaros, Ysera AND Sylvanna... He could have just told me at the beginning of the game he had those 3 cards and I could have played someone else. Yes they can still be defeated... but it's extremely unfair in most cases. Match-ups need to be based on deck strength, or at the very least... overall card collection strength.

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
64. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 11:31 descender

There's nothing wrong with the "sound decoder" in source.

This game was designed for the lowest common denominator, and in this case that means ON BOARD SOUND.

People with onboard sound (probably a significant portion of the pc market at this point, thanks for dropping the ball Creative Labs)... can't decode and play at the same time (because they've butchered the source engine in other extremely inefficient ways already), so we get 40GB of uncompressed audio.

I don't think this has anything to do with streaming it off of SSD's or any of this other nonsense being discussed. They wouldn't be talking about cores of your CPU decoding the audio otherwise.

There's no excuse at all for the audio to be delivered in this manner other than lazy as shit programmers.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
93. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 14:24 descender

Verno, you are best starting you characters over, or at least expecting to replace every single piece of equipment you had before you can jump into Torment. The loot is slightly overtuned in comparison to everything pre-patch aside from the most perfectly tuned AH gear... but if you aren't killing every normal mob in 2-3 seconds a run through a difficulty 1 lower than you think you should be doing will fill in the gaps in your old equipment with nice shiny new legendaries and set pieces. This will give you a better idea of what build direction you can take with your monk.

FWIW I run:
Deadly Reach (scattered blows), third strike hits multiple enemies for fast spirit generation
Wave of Light (wall of light), a little knockback, and a lot of dmg
Sweeping Wind (cyclone), Area effect damage, pop this before every fight starts.
Cyclone Strike (Implosion), Get over here!
Seven Sided Strike (sudden assault), for large targets and bosses
Mantra of Evasion (divine protection), I change my mantra out with the dmg or health one depending on if I'm grouping or soloing or if the difficulty is too high.

Trancendence, Sieze the Initiative and One with Everything as passives.

I won't claim this to be a terribly solid Monk build (WD is my main), but it's what I was using to clear the old Inferno difficulty and I was able to directly translate that to Expert/Torment I before I got any new upgrades. I'd highly recommend making sure you have the "Force move" button bound and accessible, so you can get out of sticky spots without punching things

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
51. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 14:14 descender

Depth of Field effects (blurry focus), Ambient Occlusion (screen space ambient lighting) and Tesselation (I have no idea). It only really mattered if you got stuck with a video card that came out right before DX11.

I don't understand why they didn't launch their new console with their new version of DirectX. Talk about missing the boat, there's almost no chance that DX12 will see widespread adoption this generation, unless they can update the consoles now... but most DX changes require physical changes in video hardware.

News Comments > More on Croteam's New IP
1. Re: More on Croteam's New IP Mar 5, 2014, 12:10 descender

This time they'll make a game where you run forwards and shoot!  

News Comments > Titanfall Launch Trailer
23. Re: Titanfall Launch Trailer Mar 5, 2014, 12:07 descender

They did some pretty terrible things to the source engine (vsync was really jittery and inconsistent for me, raw mouse input was gone, the console was locked and the VIEWBOB makes me want to puke)... I wouldn't be surprised at all if they messed up the netcode too. :p  

63. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 16:54 descender

It was in Blizzard's best interests to protect their players, and they knew that real-money item trading was going to happen whether they accommodated it or not. Having a secure, in-house real-money option was a great idea. It still is a great idea. I don't see why they had to remove it to fix the loot drops though, these concepts should not have been connected in any way.

If the loot drops and difficulty are as fixed as they seem to be, then the desire or compelled "need" to go to the AH to get gear should be dramatically lessen already. Why not leave the option there for those who would still choose to utilize it?

What really happened was that the AH's pulled back the veil on how broken the loot generator and difficulty levels were at launch. If they weren't there, people would have simply thought they needed to spend more time farming the lower difficulty levels, and less time swooning over a few items the loot generator spit out over millions of iterations. This concept that the "end-game" is a goal to then be played continuously once reached is totally backwards.

Having to play through each act multiple times to be able to attain enough gear to play the next difficulty seems like a more rewarding experience with trackable progress to me. Hitting the level cap before you hit the end of the game seems really fucking dumb! But no... Instead everyone simply wants the quickest path to the level cap, and epic ultimate loot laid at their feet upon arrival. Somewhere along the line the mentality became that you should play each difficulty level once, and in that time you should have been handed enough gear to be able to play the next one. How is that any fun? Why bother with the difficulty and levels in the first place?!? This mentality was accommodated and it's no great surprise the end result was shit gameplay.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 17:12.

58. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 16:29 descender

Every news article about D3 doesn't have to turn into a "Axis thinks PoE is better" thread. No one cares! Your jealousy and obsession with PoE vs D3 is ridiculous. If PoE was better, it wouldn't have to be compared to D2/D3 and would stand on it's own merit. According to you the only thing it seems to have going for it is that it's "more like D2 than D3". Wow. Great innovation there. I can't imagine why more people don't play it. /sarcasm

You know it is possible for both games to exist, without having to measure their dicks against each other... right?

The "fix" you referred to was just released to everyone for free. You seem to proudly not understand the difference between the patch and the expansion. Have you even ran the game since launch week? It's obvious that your opinion on the game hasn't changed since then, and is basically useless to anyone reading it.

Lots of the complaints about these 2 games are almost identical... People complained the loot in D3 was too rare/useless/boring/whatever... and all of the complaints i hear about end-game PoE is that the loot drops are terrible, and most players end up having to buy gear instead of waiting for it to drop. People complain about the skill runes and lack of trees in D3, but you know what isn't better? The megolith of passive skill "trees" in PoE in which you really have to focus in one particular area anyway to be effective. Diversity of builds in PoE is not a real thing, it's a mirage hidden behind a bunch of silly passive stats.

The attraction to PoE should have been the different leagues/races and such... but that focus seems to have been lost. :/

35. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:48 descender

They added an option to skip all cutscenes automatically which is pretty nice.

All legendaries are account bound (and only tradeable to the people you were playing with at the time for a certain time period). Not sure what else is... I think when you enchant/disenchant things in the expansion.

I can and can't understand it... it makes people play the game to get the best loot which is basically the entire point of playing to begin with... but it does collapse any sort of trade market at the top end. I think they are just trying to eliminate any sort of third party real $ market from springing up.

Unless you have people you really want to give items to I don't see it being that big a deal. They'll get their own, and theirs will be rolled more specifically towards the class they were playing. Generic +main stat items aren't going to be that valuable after a while, your good equipment will all have class specific +% to skills on them or other crazy things like I was listing below.

33. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:36 descender

Token of Absolution was added in 1.13 so yes it was late to the game.

I'm so sorry I made fun of his epic journey to play and re-play the same class for 10 years in a game with an extremely low difficulty ceiling and almost near-zero level randomization.

Wait, no I'm not. I still find that hilarious and sad!

It doesn't absolve his other points of being unfounded and wrong. His opinion is based off of having played the game for a week almost 2 years ago. It's not even CLOSE to the same game today.

29. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:14 descender

This wasnt possible in Diablo2, you are making this up.

Once again people's memory of D2 ain't quite what it used to be. It was most certainly possible.

Once each difficulty you were given an option of resetting your stats. On top of that, in Hell you could collect an essence from each boss and transmute it into a token that reset your stats.

Which makes all this bellyaching about different "builds" completely pointless.

26. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:07 descender

I've seen 5 or 6 legendaries drop and 2 set items so far post patch.

One of the legendaries makes my WD fetishes shoot poison darts every time I do. WHOLE NEW BUILD, from 1 item!

I got a chest piece that makes monsters drop gold when I hit them (before they die).

I got a cleaver that makes guys bleed fire. FIRE!

If you aren't going to pick up the game and play it under this completely new direction it has taken... why bother posting about it?

25. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:01 descender

No skill system that creates builds, one character class is all you ever need

Which is exactly the same as D2 was. Play a build, get bored with it, reset your stats. NO ONE played "multiple builds" of the same class up into the higher levels... what would be the purpose of that? You could simply reset your stats and have a brand new build every time you played. EDIT: turns out this was wrong. Although a sane person would probably try a different class at some point, or stop playing the same game mode that doesn't get any harder after you've completed it.

Same boring loot driven by +STR, +DEX, +VIT

As opposed to the same boring loot driven by +to main stat, + to health, +to all skills items in D2? I'd say there is considerably more variance in loot, especially useful loot now in D3 with the new affixes. Legendary items considerably change the way your damage output works, and *gasp* actually creates different item sets for different skill loadouts. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT.

I am done here.
LOL, please... be done.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 12:38.

23. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 11:52 descender

Ward I hate to ruin your hate party... but you can do almost exactly what you are talking about in D3. Lots of skills were reworked, and created different synergies.

All those stupid D2 builds you guys keep listing were available to everyone, with ZERO loot customization. You could simply reset your stats and do another build route. How is that any different than the different combinations of skills you can run in D3? Oh, it isn't. At all. What's incredible is that people come up with all these builds that literally do fuck all for you in D2. You surpassed the difficulty for D2 in the first 20-30 hours you played it... and then you kept "trying different builds" to kill things you were already completely overpowering?

The reason there were so many builds was because the game was not hard. At all. It really didn't matter what you were bringing to the table.

What really sad is that you played Paladin, exclusively... for over a decade. You know there were other classes, right? Probably even another skill or two...

That's not impressive, that's just really fucking dumb. Tell us again how fun it was to kill the same boss over and over again with ZERO difficulty change in 10 years.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video
25. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 21, 2014, 13:54 descender

I don't know what you are arguing with me about at all, Krowen. They are obviously well geared to be able to play that difficulty in the first place. They are obviously over-geared for Torment II if they "turned it down" to "keep the flow going".

So, which part of what I have said are you not agreeing with? If they were not extremely well geared, they would not be doing... the things they did in the video.

News Comments > Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip
19. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 21, 2014, 13:44 descender

Axis, it's hardly a misconception. Unlike you I don't comment about games I haven't actually played.

Krowen/eraser: I had level'd my D2 necro up to the mid 90's, but it was before they patched the iron maiden/blood golem/corpse explosion fun Minions were a pretty weak path to play IIRC.

9. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 20, 2014, 17:14 descender

you know where I'll be

Yes, but will you really know where you are or will you be desync'd? :p

6. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 20, 2014, 15:39 descender

I've been itching to play it again but avoid doing so for this exact reason.

I imagine the PTR numbers are a bit ballooned at the moment.

Either way, D3 is plenty popular... but also plenty popular to poke fun at.

445 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo