Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 609 (Apprentice)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in September; Beta Nears
6. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in September; Beta Nears May 27, 2014, 12:32 descender

I know that the features are there, but what percentage of the people that purchase these games do you think seek out these online sim groups? My first guess is less than 25%. They had a lobby system built in, but there was never really more than a few dozen people to play with in there. I think what they need(ed?) to do is to include a simple matchmaking mode (a la War Thunder) so that the majority of people that play the game can actually experience some online dogfighting (and therefore become instantly obsessed with it because... obviously). People would be much more apt to try something like that, than to seek out a group of "flying aces" to school them relentlessly.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2014, 12:16 descender

Soda is also more easily avoided than "all processed foods".

Or you can just throw your hands up in the air... you choose the steps you take to improve your health. Avoiding soda is an easy one.

I still enjoy the throwback soda's. They are quite a tasty treat, especially when you don't drink regular soda on a daily or even weekly basis...

And they go quite well with rum. Drunk

News Comments > Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide
70. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 27, 2014, 12:06 descender

I refer to the default GTA4 cars as "driving a boat". I refused to play GTA4 at all after trying to drive on one of the console versions. At least until I found that Realistic Driving mod. A nicely modded GTA4 is so much better than the boxed game it's not even funny. It's probably better than what GTA5 will be out of the box. Disappointed  

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2014, 11:18 descender

Why? Is avoiding something full of carcinogens meaningless unless you avoid every single substance that's bad for you? No, of course not.

Soda is fucking gross, and couldn't be much worse for you in any form. Sure throwback soda is better... tasting? Maybe ever so slightly better for you? ... But still full of other gross shit. The HFCS/Sugar is not the only horrible chemical in these drinks by a long shot.

Go look up what "caramel coloring" actually is, and tell me you still love soda.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in September; Beta Nears
4. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in September; Beta Nears May 27, 2014, 11:15 descender

I thought all of these games have been severely lacking in the multiplayer department. I'd wager this game is going to be heavily single player focused as all the others were, so there should be no concerns about "missing DLC planes". You are usually limited in your plane selection by the mission at hand anyway.

I'd be more excited if IL2: Cliffs of Dover wasn't such a butcher job. I doubt this will be good enough to detract my attention from War Thunder. How many different games can recreate the same historical air battles? Snore

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 11:02 descender

You do realise that Jesus is the most common name in the world today?

This... is not true. Unless by "in the world" you meant "in Peru".

News Comments > AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS
7. Re: AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS May 27, 2014, 10:58 descender

It saddens me that even at BN fanbois still believe claims get confused by model numbers.

Anyone that believes a word these two companies say with regards to how they "don't try to cheat the other out of money" through drivers and benchmarks... isn't paying attention!

This comment was edited on May 27, 2014, 11:03.

News Comments > World of Warplanes Trailer
5. Re: World of Warplanes Trailer May 23, 2014, 10:29 descender

I never understood the headtracking advantage... obviously turning your face away from your monitor can't increase immersion in your games... is the effect more subtle than that? Or are you constantly viewing the screens out of the corner of your eye when you need to "turn" the guys head in the game to see something?

I just don't get it.

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed May 22, 2014, 13:13 descender

Who said anything about a "small" african company, Beamer? Way to belittle their imaginary successes (and also completely miss the point), you racist. :p

How many games exist where the protagonist is black, and not a massmurdering psycho or a walking stereotype? *crickets*

Declaring Nintendo as the "Grand Wizard" of video game development, when they literally haven't invented a new franchise or character in like 30 years is what people don't actually like about this article.

IMO, the companies that include the "Token" character are doing a larger disservice to promoting diversity.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2014, 13:19.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed May 22, 2014, 12:56 descender

Which of these franchise characters have been created since "diversity" awareness even became a public issue? None of them?

How many other companies are making games with minority protagonists for Nintendo to include in their brawl mash-ups? *crickets*

You know, I could see how this could be improved...

Oh wait, Nintendo actually already provided this improvement by adding "mii's" that you can design to look however you want, and play with them!

If an african video game company started releasing games with all-black casts... would that be more or less racist? Would Nintendo be obligated to include their characters in their games simply because they exist?

EDIT:
Dear Ars,

Fuck off.

Signed.

News Comments > Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent
13. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 12:30 descender

"everyone will be full-on BiS"

I don't know what game you are playing, but the ~100 hours I've invested since RoS has not netted me a single character "full of Best in Slot items". A concept that basically died out with the RoS release in the first place, given the new skill loadouts possible, new legendary items and the Mystic.

There are also 6 classes... have you played them all or did you spend your entire time playing D3 as one class? What a waste of time :p

I don't think they care too much about the ~1% of players that has maxxed out their characters drops. There is plenty of longevity to this game now, and it's only going to get better when the ladders come out.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed May 22, 2014, 12:20 descender

They are cartoon video game characters! If "race" is all you can think of when you look at them then a racist is probably what you are.

I wouldn't waste too much time defending an article that white-washes (see what I did there) a few giant reptile/lizards, a green dinosaur with a tongue longer than it's body, a guy wearing a mask that spits bullets, and other racially un-identifiable characters as "all white". As if saying that "all white people are the same" is any less racist than what the article is complaining about in the first place.

Imagine the outcry if the "evil counterparts" Wario and Waluigi were black guys with afro's? Or if all of the Bowser kids had squinty eyes to resemble asians? How would including identifiable racial stereotypes in games be LESS racist than not referencing or including "race" at all?

As far as people "identifying" with the protagonists they are playing... that's just splitting hairs and not something I would believe has ever swayed someone from playing a video game. Do you always "role-play" the race of the person that you are playing? Then you are probably a racist!

Maybe the need to self-identify with the mass-murdering psychopaths we play in video games IS the actual problem.

News Comments > Crytek Showing Two New Games at E3
10. Re: Crytek Showing Two New Games at E3 May 15, 2014, 12:20 descender

I'm not sure MOBA means what you think it means, slick. Especially if you are using the RPG-lite elements of CS mods and (LAUGH) Titanfall as examples of "MOBA-style" gameplay.

MNC was as good as FPS MOBA will probably ever be, unfortunately lack of post-release support for the game killed it.

The most relevant thing Crytek ever did for gaming was make a ridiculously scalable engine that could barely run on existing hardware. Am I the only one that was bored to tears with Crysis 2 and 3? I'm not looking forward to any more of that, so I hope they have some fresh blood in that studio.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 11:59 descender

Maybe we have too many people going to universities and colleges, and a bachelors is the new high school diploma.

Fixed!

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses
26. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 15, 2014, 11:47 descender

I'll give it some points there too, the stash is pretty annoying in D3 with 7,000 different unique crafting materials. Allegedly they are going to remove all crafting materials from the regular inventory in an upcoming patch though.

Despite some terrible advice below, anyone struggling with T1+ before they hit level 70 is just wasting their time. Play on Hard/Expert/master, whatever you can handle until you hit the level cap, THEN turn it back up to T1+. You want to be at the level cap as quickly as possible, not wallowing around on a mid-40's character getting crap legendary upgrades you'll replace in 10 levels anyway. You get better quality and unique legendary drops at level 70 T1+, and all item farming should be done in RIFTS, which double your legendary drop chance IIRC.

News Comments > Interceptor Drops a Bombshell
15. Re: Interceptor Drops a Bombshell May 15, 2014, 11:38 descender

God this looks terrible. I'm not sure whats worse... the complete lack of lightning and shadows or the inconsistent framerate in a TRAILER.

Lawsuits take time, and are often a long, drawn-out process. Meanwhile, we wanted to be productive—our creative team couldn’t wait around for the issue to be resolved.

So instead of waiting around "creating things" they stole some assets from DNF and figured out a way to charge people for them! (this was supposedly a character cut from that game).

News Comments > DayZ Source Code Compromised?
12. Re: DayZ Source Code Compromised? May 15, 2014, 11:25 descender

Selling cheats for online games is a multi million dollar industry

I think you may be off by a zero or two.

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses
24. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 15, 2014, 11:22 descender

So PoE is better because it HAS to have Always-online DRM... but D3 being online-only is a "hassle and technical bother" to play?

Hilarious.

The fact that 2 years later PoE fanboys STILL have to come post shit in the D3 threads tells you everything you need to know about PoE.

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Adds "Extreme" Frame Rate Support
29. Re: Titanfall Patch Adds May 14, 2014, 23:09 descender

Unless you have thousands of dollars worth of home theater equipment, the odds of you hearing the difference between 16bit and 24bit audio are exactly zero. The differences you are more likely to hear are between PCM (uncompressed), and the different encoders (DTS/DD/PLII).

I'm willing to bet that most of this "uncompressed audio" on console games is still 16bit.

This comment was edited on May 14, 2014, 23:38.

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Adds "Extreme" Frame Rate Support
7. Re: Titanfall Patch Adds May 13, 2014, 11:18 descender

OK... now you support "refresh rates" (laugh).
Maybe someday you'll support VSync!
Can you support "raw mouse input" next?
Or the rest of the console commands that you've disabled like cl_viewbob?!

The list of already working features of the Source engine that they either blocked or removed is just absurd.

609 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo