Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1131 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 5, 2015, 14:33 descender

Congress has been delaying and basically flat out ignoring an new Cybersecurity bill for at least 3 years, but all you can come up with is "shakeyfist obama shakeyfist". How incredibly droll.

As far as this "data breach" is concerned... the FBI tried to blame the last big breach on North korea and it turned out to be nothing but propaganda and lies. I don't believe a bit of this report at face value and no reasonable person should either.

What I do believe is that there is no data on any computer anywhere that is safe or secure in any way.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Machine Preorders
6. Re: Steam Machine Preorders Jun 4, 2015, 13:57 descender

I think the concept of these machines is kind of lost on some people around here, and there is a severe lack of imagination when it comes to their application. If you are already a PC gamer... you are not their target audience in any way. Basically if you are reading this on this website... they are not trying to sell you a Steam Machine so stop trying to figure out how to wedge it into your gaming-sphere or budget. A standalone PC is always, always, always.... always going to give you a more complete experience. They are basically only marketing this to soccer moms and possible console converts.

People get so braindead over the gamepad input too, it's so bizarre. All you have to do is plug in a KB+M to the Steam Machine... it's a computer.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Camera quality Jun 3, 2015, 09:04 descender

Not really just an iPhone issue (for once), most smartphones have no optical zoom ability.

No zoom and no flash are the first two steps towards taking better cell phone pictures.

News Comments > Fallout Countdown
20. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 15:15 descender

JayDeath wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 14:33:
We need a new engine.

FFS yes, this.

Additionally, they need to add a 2-4 player co-op mode and stop level scaling the entire damn world.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2015, 17:57 descender

I think it's more proof of concept than "hey, guys... we really need to design a cheetah bot". Demonstrating that it can identify and avoid obstacles without slowing down is... a feature. I suppose :p This (and BigDog) are all about getting supplies to/from inaccessible areas and lightening the burden on soldiers.

They are busy building the hardware that the future AI needs to take control of the world. Leave them alone, it's totally fine. /s

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2015, 16:29 descender

Many (most?) technological breakthroughs trickle down from old military tech/R&D anyway. The Commercial/Residential applications and development don't come until later. I don't think it's necessarily that they want to develop things for the military... but that funding has to come from somewhere and the military basically gets a blank check. Could you imagine trying to raise millions of dollars in funding for R&D on a nanny-bot?  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch Plans
18. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch Plans Jun 1, 2015, 13:23 descender

Well... woops. I had assumed people were mis-speaking when they referred to the stuttering scenes as the "pre-rendered" ones since it obviously doesn't make much sense for them to do that. I don't notice it when I'm playing, although I made a ton of ini tweaks prior to starting that maybe eliminated it before I ever saw the stutter to begin with and I also play on my TV.

Check Visuals.ini

[Visuals]
Gamma=1
MovieFramerate=60.0
MovieUbersampling=false

Add the lines if you are missing them.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch Plans
14. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch Plans Jun 1, 2015, 12:31 descender

Ok, small peeve and I'll crawl back in my hole....

If the cutscenes were "pre-rendered" then there wouldn't be any performance issues... it would basically just be playing a video file at that point. This would deliver a better product IMO... but pre-rendered scenes aren't used anymore because of storage limits.

Most likely TW3 cutscenes are either frame-locked at 30FPS (DA:I and others have done this recently), or simply enabling too many unwanted eye-candy features when they are running. TW2 had options for cutscene rendering separate from the game itself, would be nice to see those return.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
73. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 30, 2015, 09:15 descender

CDPR have completely fallen to the dark side

Witcher 2 had a respec in a quest line IIRC. You are the worst kind of troll

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launch Event
12. Re: Nothing original coming out of Blizzard anymore May 30, 2015, 09:04 descender

Blizzard used to be leaders, now they are followers.

Blizzard has never once been a "leader". Ever. All of their most popular franchises were developed on the backs of the genre defining games before them. Warcraft/Starcraft are essentially C&C ripoffs, WoW is a ripoff of every MMO before it... is Diablo their only truly original IP?

The culture hasn't really changed, they have been riding the coattails of D2 for 2 decades.

EDIT: +1 Slick for the Madeon mashup, I love that video

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2015, 17:51 descender

Go watch the RealSports and VICE specials on FIFA. Has to be one of the most corrupt organizations in the world.

EDIT: Also, there is something wrong with that truck video... when I watch it the truck doesn't fall in the water.

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
44. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 16:22 descender

I don't really think this game warrants all this hubbub about the rebindable keys. I understand the complaints when there is some sort of competitive advantage to gain from using M+KB in a game... but no part of the gameplay in the Witcher series takes any advantage of the extra precision a mouse offers over a gamepad. The only ranged weapon auto-targets...It's not even similar to the Arkham Series/SoM where aiming your next move precisely made a big difference. Player movement in an Over-The-Shoulder game is almost always going to be better/more accurate with an analog stick anyway.

Yes, they should have properly supported keybindings from the beginning... but IMO you should probably be playing this style of game with a gamepad anyway. It's simply better suited for the type of controls involved.

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
59. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 17:56 descender

It doesn't matter how many times you link the video, the trees still pop in (more obvious at the 1:00 mark than other parts).

There are blatantly obvious differences between the Horse and witcher models in the PS4 and PC versions in that video. Maybe I'm not the one that "wants to see something" in that video, eh?

I'm gonna go ahead and guess you aren't very good at those bar games that ask you to spot the difference in the pictures are you :p

I'd be a lot more understanding of the bait&switch argument if they were still advertising the game with trailers showing those removed features in the videos but... they aren't. The crux of the argument here is a 2 year old (pre?)alpha gameplay video.

This comment was edited on May 21, 2015, 18:11.

47. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 12:35 descender

The PS4 has a lower different draw distance and exhibits pop-in issues (which are obvious even in the video you posted), it also doesn't run at 60FPS... The PS4 version is basically "high" settings with a 30FPS lock. Woo! Bait and swi... bleh. Will it still be "bait and switch" in 2 weeks when they patch a bunch of the PC fidelity back in?

The fact that people looked at E3 demo's and trailers and think that's the game they are buying... /boggle Welcome to advertising.

45. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 12:08 descender

People still disable their page files? You know... it doesn't run any faster when you do that and only introduces instability into your system.

You are right though, those machines with more than ~8-16GB of ram are puzzling builds if they are just used for gaming.

News Comments > Take-Two Suing BBC Over GTA Movie
6. Re: Take-Two Suing BBC Over GTA Movie May 21, 2015, 11:34 descender

How is a BBC movie about Rockstar game development going to be any good or trustworthy if they are purposely NOT using Rockstar as a source for any of it? i imagine that will result is a nice one-sided story that is informative to no one.

I don't think Take-Two has any grounds to halt the production, but there are bigger questions to answer for in regards to this movie now I think.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed May 21, 2015, 11:08 descender

I'm all for competition to keep Valve/Steam honest. Unfortunately it's going to take years of development on Galaxy (and massive amounts of catalog expansion) or any similar service to even make this a remotely viable "replacement" option.

Supporting GOG in their endeavour is fine by me... but this article is just a bunch of rah-rah nonsense to get the anti-DRM crowd riled up.... and it seems to have worked. This article doesn't read as particularly well informed or logical in it's conclusions either (discounting CS:GO increased the number of cheaters? Steams mobile app is worse than GOG's lack of a mobile app? ok...).

For someone that incessantly whines about click-bait articles posted here every day... damn Cutter.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2015, 15:13 descender

I have that pad too, InBlack. I almost always have to use x360ce to make it work. I usually don't even bother attempting to load a game i intend to use the pad for without it because the default drivers are so rarely supported by newer games.

I can't say I've ever tried to play any of the Witcher games with a gamepad though.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2015, 13:01 descender

If your movie feels like it's dragging at the 2 hour mark... then your movie probably sucks! If a movie is well written and well paced it doesn't matter how long it is.

I hate the catering of everything to this new ADD generation.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2015, 12:43 descender

Still no PC version of NHL?! FUUUUUUU-

I was really hoping the new console generation would end the drought.

1131 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo