Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1468 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve on Steam Trade Changes
4. Re: Valve on Steam Trade Changes Dec 10, 2015, 13:54 descender

IIRC you can trade extra copies of games, in game items, coupons for games and the trading cards for badges. I imagine the trading of rare in-game items (like tf2 hats or something) is the crux of most of this...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve on Steam Trade Changes
2. Re: Valve on Steam Trade Changes Dec 10, 2015, 13:22 descender

Valve reported 77,000 hijacked Steam accounts per month recently... Not using 2-factor authentication for Steam by this point makes zero sense.  

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
26. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 9, 2015, 11:37 descender

Ignorance is bliss, eh? :p

Smite is a fairly standard MOBA but all players are restricted to OTS 3rd person cameras. This significantly increases the level of skill and map awareness you can use to out think and out maneuver your opponents.

IMO... this yields a considerably more entertaining experience than the standard top-down design.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 7, 2015, 15:10 descender

TAG routinely sells watches for $2000+, so they didn't even unreasonably mark up the "connected" features here. If you have never bought a watch worth over $1000 then you are probably not their target audience.  

News Comments > Star Citizen New Flight Model Details
49. Re: Star Citizen New Flight Model Details Dec 7, 2015, 14:22 descender

Ambition is a great thing if you have patience.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 7, 2015, 11:08 descender

Looks like a pretty solid unit, I've been eyeing a new immersion cooker for a while and I'll gladly support the Gaben, he is obviously a fan of food. I don't know what the popularity of sous vide cooking has to do with anything, but that turdnugget can find anything to complain about. Something existing that he won't personally use is apparently a problem that he needs to share with others.

I've never actually tried using one for fish, but everything else you put in it comes out absolutely incredible. You just aim ~10 degrees under your target temp and you can the food in there all day if you really want. All you have to do is take it out and finish whatever you are cooking on a searing plate or grill when you get home. Edge to edge rare meat with no gray band, perfectly moist poultry and pork... with barely any effort or possibility of screwing it up or overcooking it? That is truly a wonderful thing.

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Announced
16. Re: Psychonauts 2 Announced Dec 4, 2015, 19:34 descender

TLDR, you didn't really get what I said. Of course they need protections against people like that asshole who just took the money and ran. I don't understand why you think a scenario like that is applicable here. Double Fine didn't actually do anything that will likely ever result in legal action. They just took "too long" to release their games and they mostly sucked. Unfortunately, you can't incorporate legal protections against quality in crowdfunding. What you get in the end is... what you get. This is exactly why publishers make developers sign legally binding contracts that hold them accountable throughout the entirety of the process. They don't just hand them blank checks and say "go do all that stuff you just said".

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2015, 19:46.

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Announced
13. Re: Psychonauts 2 Announced Dec 4, 2015, 16:19 descender

Maybe some day people will learn to stop treating Kickstarter as if it's a pre-order program... If you think backing a project on KS guarantees you anything, let alone a playable product within a certain period of time... then you deserve to be separated from your money. The constant whining from backers about project delays just makes me want to jump through the wall. Wake up and understand WTF you signed up for. If the company had a reasonable business plan and expectation of delivering a product on time then they probably wouldn't need to be asking you for money.

DoubleFine does have some immense testicles starting up new crowdfunded projects while their other projects were/are still unfinished. Lucky for them there is no shortage of idiots with disposable income and nostalgia out there.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 12:36 descender

That's a great view of the pass, it almost looks like it went higher than it travelled.

The entire lions D was basically looking the wrong way for the last 2 TD's. Never seen anything like that.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 3, 2015, 19:41 descender

They lock you out of OS updates on each device after a certain point, so a lot of apps stop working correctly (or at all). You are right in that there really is no core functionality missing from the older phones. I replaced my S2 with an S5 last year and I see no reason to replace this one until Samsung tells me I have to. A lot of the yearly feature upgrades on smartphones lately are pretty gimmicky.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
45. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 3, 2015, 11:37 descender

There is nothing inherently unstable about windows 10, I don't know why you keep saying that. It's simply not true.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2015, 10:38 descender

Doomsday looks awful Did they rip that CGI straight out of the generic brown turd bin?  

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
10. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Dec 2, 2015, 15:23 descender

Why? I can't rightly explain why I want to have Witcher 3 on Steam instead of GOG

Cloud saves on Steam seems to be a popular reason around here today. At least 2 people posted that they have stopped played TW3 because of accidentally deleting their save games. That feature alone would seem to be worth like $5 on a 100+ hour game.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 2, 2015, 15:21 descender

Is the Onimusha franchise about to make a comeback?

Yes please. I only played the 3rd one but thoroughly enjoyed the combat.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
15. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 1, 2015, 16:36 descender

I'd hope the water was better "looking" in black flag because it is an integral part of the game and you spend considerable time looking at and interacting with it. The ocean isn't an integral part of the JC series though, it's just there to let you know you should turn around and go back to the island... so they simply didn't spend large chunks of their development time making it look purty.

The shaders/texture they used for this JC3 water leave a lot to be desired, and that is what black flag water truly excelled at... proper coloring, depth, and a detailed surface texture. This is not an issue with the physics simulation or nVidia in any way. Waveworks is basically a waste for this series, but I bet using it allowed them to half-ass the water and save time since it looks pretty decent without much hands on effort.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2015, 16:45.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2015, 13:29 descender

I'm not gonna be happy with Batman V Superman unless that fan theory turns out some true tidbits like it being the 5th Nolan universe DC movie, Affleck actually being Deathstroke and the real Superman being imprisoned.

As it is... I have little interest in a follow up to "yet another" terrible superman movie.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
19. Re: Sunday Patches Dec 1, 2015, 13:20 descender

I think the pressure of the trigger is probably something you'll get used to with time (although it is definitely a little loose for my tastes). Your finger will also learn to react and stop your press when the haptic goes off. The controller certainly seems to require more... accuracy or self control to use. You can't just wildy squeeze and press buttons as hard as you can.

It will definitely take a few months for the feature set to stabilize, then I hope they add some decent tutorial videos. The biggest problem right now with looking for help with this out in the wild is that most of it is quickly outdated by the weekly beta patches. Games that natively support the controller are considerably easier to work with too.

I wonder if I could sell a webinar teaching people how to use this thing... hmmm... ;greedy:

17. Re: Sunday Patches Dec 1, 2015, 10:12 descender

You should be able to have separate dampening settings for the gyro and touch pads. IIRC that is configured on the touchpad/gyro advanced pages, not on the triggers. There is a slider right below it to control the level of dampening (and by default its pretty significant, you must have turned it down).

I haven't had a need for the dampening outside of FPS play, with the trackball mode on the mouse cursor doesn't really fly around too much. I suppose I have my sensitivity pretty low because I don't mind flicking to move it across the screen.

You also don't need to have LMB/RMB as full pull actions if you are pulling them so hard that you are throwing off your cursor aim You could set them as soft pull actions, move the trigger point farther in and turn haptic up (then you can use the full pulls for modeshifting or a different button). I remap LMB/RMB to LT/RT too... right trigger to left click and/or fire? My brain says no! LMB being on the left trigger may be stopping me from noticing the need for dampening in windows.

15. Re: Sunday Patches Dec 1, 2015, 08:56 descender

It looks like in one of the patches in the last week or so they changed "Radial menu" to "touch menu" and added some extra layout options to it. Sorry about that :p

Once you quit a game you are bound by your "desktop controls" that you set in the settings in steam big picture mode. You might have to add the gyro mouse control there.

News Comments > Rocket League Adding Portal Content Tomorrow
7. Re: Rocket League Adding Portal Content Tomorrow Nov 30, 2015, 19:28 descender

How is a game that spent zero dollars on advertising yet sold 6 million copies "over-hyped"? I gotta know. That seems like the exact opposite of hyped... it was good, and then people bought it. 6 million people purchasing something via word of mouth is pretty fucking incredible.  

1468 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo