Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1103 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule
65. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 15:44 descender

As great as these Witcher games have been, they have required some pretty serious post-release support each time. Combat in TW2 barely even worked because of the input lag at launch, you literally couldn't proceed through the prologue on certain computers.

I'd never normally play games this big at launch, the potential for game-breaking bugs looms large. Pillars of Eternity reminded me why i stopped playing launch date versions of games :p I'll probably wait for the EE version, or at least until a few patches and mods come out to smooth over the experience.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 12, 2015, 15:31 descender

Hah, TBH i don't think i've ever seen it all the way through. I just assumed people only consider 1&2

"Technically" it's not even "evil" in 1&2... it just loves us too much. :p

50. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 13:53 descender

W3 being "open world" doesn't imply doing sidequests in any order you wish IMO... and I prefer some direction anyway. "sandbox games" are a subset of "open world" games that allow you to freely roam and do whatever you want without structure (i.e. skyrim). W3 is simply not a sandbox.  

43. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 13:16 descender

Who leaves games on their HHD/SSD for so many years?

I keep mine all backed up, I still have some old savegame files from the 90's that I'm sure won't even work if I wanted them to :p

Lately I've even started creating junctions after installing a new game so the settings/saves go directly into my backup drive instead of my windows user profile.

What if i want to pick up KOTOR again? Start over?! HA!

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 12, 2015, 12:32 descender

That's not what Skynet in the movies was designed to be Cutter. It only took that path when they tried to shut it down.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Patch Preview
6. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patch Preview May 7, 2015, 10:18 descender

Things like that are alway going to be an issue at competitive levels of play InBlack. Thrusting 5 people with different strategies and ideas on what is needed to win is always going to end up like this no matter what the game is... Especially in the range of 5 man teams. It's simply easier to both cover for mistakes and overlook them entirely when there are more players per team (i.e. TF2 12v12).

The idea that HOTS is any less of a "competitive" game than others is just smoke being blown by the LOL/DOTA2 crowd.

Pubbies and "solo-queuers" are and always will be the blight of any co-op or team-based gaming community. Staying out of the ranked modes unless you have a full team is most certainly advisable... expecting to have meaningful and competitive matches by drawing teams out of a hat is just mindblowingly naive.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2015, 09:32 descender

According to statistics nerds, the Pats fumble study was more accurate than previously thought.

It's fun to watch Brady squirm. There is a lot of damning evidence in those text messages, the report was very... light in it's conclusions.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos
24. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos May 6, 2015, 21:06 descender

I would hope that the bots will just naturally step in and replace players as they join/leave the server to keep the "battle" at a full 20 on 20... but I'm an optimist at heart.  

21. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos May 6, 2015, 19:16 descender

Have you ever played Battlefront? "Missions" are basically the only game mode. The only difference with "co-op" would be... one or two less bots.

bots will be available both on and offline

11. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos May 6, 2015, 14:33 descender

I don't get this... someone correct me i'm sure what I'm about to say is not 100% accurate.

Nothing about Atmos will improve anyone's gaming experience at home unless they have more than 7.1 surround sound speakers. Atmos allows for extra channels (in any dimension you wish which is really cool) and panning data, but it basically does nothing without the extra physical channels. Atmos at home is also completely different from the theater, at home they embed the "extra channel data" into the 7.1 streams. Atmos in the theater is live-processed 3D audio based on their custom speaker configurations.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 6, 2015, 14:10 descender

the Republicans have yet to propose a workable alternative

That's likely because the ACA essentially was their 'workable alternative" to universal healthcare in the 90's. Dem's co-opted it and sold it as their own and the GOPers have been literally voting to repeal their own idea.

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 6, 2015, 13:16 descender

nin there will be a separate patching system/schedule for enterprise users. You can configure it to roll out patches on your own schedule after testing them.

Windows 10 enterprise customers will stay on the monthly update cycle, which will be reworked as Windows Update for Business: this will allow IT managers to pick and choose updates to deploy, and set when they will be automatically installed.

In typical MS fashion, "lets re-release WSUS but make it functional this time!".

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. May 5, 2015, 15:07 descender

This notion that modding is a "community" that people outside of the modders themselves participate in is hilarious. Downloading things other people make doesn't qualify you to speak on their behalf.

Paid mods are a reality that children are simply going to have to come to terms with. Nothing in life is free and no amount of whining and crying by the "community of mod downloaders" will change that. The "community of modders" however, they are completely on board with paid mods.

News Comments > EverQuest Emulator Legal
7. Re: EverQuest Emulator Legal May 5, 2015, 14:58 descender

EQ was the best MMO for exactly the reason you just described. Consequence and danger. It was extremely easy to get in over your head and die in EQ, and that fear of death and corpse recovery kept things extremely exciting during group play in dungeons.

IMO, there still isn't an MMO that touches the goodness that is/was EQ. There are merely fisher price rip-offs of it.

They are releasing Velious in August, Kunark -> Vellious was the golden age of EQ IMO so if anyone was on the fence about checking this out now is the time.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 5, 2015, 13:36 descender

I kind of agree. Between D:OS and Pillars of Eternity my desire to play this type of "old school RPG" (read: clunky and annoying) game has been beaten turned over and beaten again.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Tips
34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Tips May 3, 2015, 10:59 descender

If you already know how to fix input lag, why are you complaining about it then? Not every post on the internet is solely for your benefit either.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 2, 2015, 12:26 descender

I disagree Cutter. People have been pinning strapping and poking things into and onto their bodies for thousands of years. Just because you don't like tech wearables won't make people stop doing that.

They are stupidly overpriced for what they are, but it won't stop anyone.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Tips
24. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Tips May 2, 2015, 12:16 descender

The raw mouse input works just fine in this game.

I have pretty low FPS and no input lag, so anyone complaining about it has the game set up wrong.

The only way to have "no input lag" is to fully disable vsync. That doesn't mean use adaptive settings, or use G-Sync... that means turn it all the fuck off.

If you have to have vsync on in some form, then you have to go into your video card options and turn down the "max pre-rendered frames" to 1 or 0, whatever the lowest it lets you set it to (this is called something similar in ATI drivers, not sure what). This will not be perfect, but it will be the closest you can possibly come with any form of vsync enabled.

VSync is NOT your friend, it just makes these (shit) LCD's bearable to use. Missing my CRT every day.

This has been PC Gaming 101.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2015, 13:47.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch
31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch May 1, 2015, 16:16 descender

I'm amazed those Corsair H60's are still around and still handling business. i wanted one with my last upgrade but I chickened out and got a Noctua U12P.

Anyone have first hand knowledge if performance on mid-range hardware is starting to improve after these few patches that have come out? I'm hoping for the same dramatic increase in performance that we got out of the GTA4 post-release patches, but that took months.

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
24. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 11:28 descender

Don't see why it would happen

Higher quality shaders and models don't build themselves. Similar to the "HD tax" they pulled out of their butts when they bumped the price of games to $60.

1103 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo