Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 690 (Apprentice)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BF4 Test Environment Results
14. Re: BF4 Test Environment Results Jun 30, 2014, 00:06 descender

What good are all of those vehicles and weapons and fancy destructible things if the netcode can't handle it? Not a god damn bit of good at all. THAT is what older games "got right 10 years ago". Staying within their limits.

If they knew these newer BF/COD games couldn't handle doing all of those fancy effects in multiplayer, they should not have sold it to people like it worked. Some games even disable certain visual effects in multiplayer to make it work right. Instead, people were sold a steamy pile of shit.

I don't give a flying fuck how "hard" it is for them to get it right, just don't try to get me to pay for it before it does.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2014, 00:18.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Jun 29, 2014, 23:50 descender

I remember copying BASIC games out of a magazine to play on my atari, I think that ran DOS 2.5?

These kids and their extended memory. Ha.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 29, 2014, 23:47 descender

GOTY versions of games always do this too, and it's pretty much BS.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
9. Re: 165Mbps internet Jun 29, 2014, 23:41 descender

Sadly, you can't watch ANY local team play on MLB.TV (whatever blackout region you are in), also no FOX Saturday baseball or ESPN Sunday night.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2014, 00:35.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2014, 10:37 descender

Cheating. It's an EMU run, if you input both left and right (iirc) simultaneously, you can walljump off the seams between the blocks in the world.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 26, 2014, 12:41 descender

id smashing pumpkins into small pieces of putrid dirt was my favorite  

News Comments > Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold
32. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 12:40 descender

You really can't compare the number of "active" steam accounts to the total number of "sold copies" of Minecraft. How many people bought Minecraft and said "oh, that's all this is?" and never ran it again?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2014, 11:56 descender

http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-world-rankings-of-flopping-1403660175

Where'd that guy go that was defending flopping?

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Jun 25, 2014, 12:59 descender

I've already played it, Creston. Shifty

I agree it's worth nearly any price. Probably more so than any game I've played since it released. I really don't like giving Bioware money though.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Jun 25, 2014, 12:32 descender

I have something like 70 completely untouched games in my steam library... so I don't buy anything in these sales anymore unless they are at more than an 80% discount. I'm still pissed that I missed the day a few years ago when DA:O Ultimate was $2.50, hasn't been that price again since

I don't really enjoy what they are doing with the trading cards and badges at all. The last few events have been pretty lame. When they used to do achievements and content in certain games, participating was obvious and easy. Now it feels like a giant facebook game took over steam.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 16:55 descender

Guys, I understand what a cameo is. They are usually done in comedies, or the way Stan Lee appears in the marvel movies. The "cameo-er(?)" generally has some considerably obvious frame of reference to the movie they appear in.

What I don't understand is how or why "Tom Cruise" makes a cameo in the star wars universe. It would be AWFUL. This is a considerably worse idea than say.... Jar-Jar.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Jun 24, 2014, 13:35 descender

OK, so can I have my crit axe back now too? Or should I just die every time I see a heavy.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 13:18 descender

How can a person with no ties to any of the other star wars movies or any project related to star wars have a "cameo" in a star wars movie?  

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
19. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 13:14 descender

You forgot the WAR TAPES audio setting. Some of the best surround sounds in any video game.

BFBC2 was great, the best thing about BF3+ were the trailers.

64. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 13:02 descender

There is a difference between "faking it" completely and trying to get a call by rolling around like a baby. The latter happens ALL the time. I would wager that well over 75% of the time a player goes to the ground in soccer, they are embellishing it to get a call. They may actually be a tiny, tiny bit hurt, but they act like they just got shot by a pile of baseball bats. Every time there is a slightest bit of contact, odds are one of the 2 players are going to the ground. Better yet when the OTHER player also goes to the ground to try to make it look like "oh I got hurt too, please don't blow the whistle".

In no other sport is simply "stepping on another players foot" made to look so painful and catastrophic. My favorite part is when they don't even know which body part to grab that they are pretending they hurt.

What do you think that spray is that they bring out, magic? Oh look guys, they put some cold spray and i'm totally fine now! I suppose that's better than the "magic sponge" which was a real thing in soccer. Spray spray spray and they get up and go run around for another hour like nothing happened.

If you don't think this goes on, you simply don't pay attention or have buried your head in the sand.

Sure, SOME injuries are legitimate, and it's usually pretty obvious which ones thanks to HD replays. It's completely embarrassing for the sport to have their players trying to game the ref for favorable calls all the time.

It's such an obvious problem for the sport that they had to change the rules and start giving out cards for flopping. I only wish it was enforced more often, because 3 or 4 of those cards could be given out every single game. This needs to happen before the culture of the sport will change Until then, "drawing a foul" is definitely a skill in this sport.

47. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 20:55 descender

That test claims "sottery" isn't a word. It is. I win!  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped
15. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 20, 2014, 11:07 descender

But I find it hard to sell as a superior experience

A 4 year old HTPC can outshine your favorite console "from the couch" by a long shot.

PC-only games are for the most part uglier, buggier and less ambitious than most iterations of Ubisoft Game(TM)

Thinking2 Ucrazy Worship

News Comments > Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped
13. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 20, 2014, 10:59 descender

So they are basically going to re-release FC3 with the "High" settings instead of "Medium"? Ucrazy

720p is either a lot fuzzier than I remember, or there is some pixel doubling going on here (lower render setting, whatever... like planetside2 has). It's not AA...

News Comments > PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up
18. Re: PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up Jun 20, 2014, 10:51 descender

What's needed to play it at 60? A Titan super-computer?

An optimized game-engine and competent programmers?

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released
6. Re: Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released Jun 19, 2014, 22:52 descender

There is nothing really unbalanced about it, just because there are more weapon choices doesn't imply chaos. There are ways to counter every strategy, but it relies on the players to bring that balance to the game.  

690 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo