Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1040 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
28. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 30, 2015, 14:25 descender

Personally, I would wait until it's super cheap Verno.

Neither DLC exists in the main world, they sideload their own map and own character with skills/runes you didn't pick... so none of your current progress applies to them in any way (oh you had runes? too bad)... which is really lame.

The Lord of the Hunt one was short, like 3 hours and TBH... kinda pointless. The mounted combat is ok, but really it's just a spammy mess. The Bright Lord is definitely worth playing, they add a few nice gameplay features... but I definitely don't think it's worth paying this GOTY price for it if you've already beaten the main story.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Game Bans
37. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 13:38 descender

Oh i agree Verno, but it's a pretty consistent over-reaction. 3/4 of the "paid mod" threads were complaints that were literally addressed in the announcement itself. The level of critical thinking in these threads hits rock-bottom pretty quickly.  

News Comments > Steam Game Bans
35. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 13:33 descender

This group mindset residing somewhere between Murphy's law and Chicken Little with every change Valve makes is getting kind of absurd.

It of course starts every time with "any change valve announces was part of an evil plan to fuck us over". *snore* The developers are pretty obviously the party asking for the ability to police their own games.

Could this be abused? Sure... but developers are not so completely braindead as to blindly ban someone from their game for reasons that they will lose in court over. There will be fringe cases that will have more question marks surrounding them than the public will ever be privvy to... but mostly it will just be a bunch of legitimate bans. Good!

IMO... these "unjust bans' that people bring up are merely urban myths that never actually happened the way the story is told. Just look at the garbage filled steam community pages and try to get a grasp for how much of a complete jackass you have to be to get banned from them. The bar is pretty damn low.

Worrying for the sake of worrying is only going to shorten your lives.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
21. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 30, 2015, 10:20 descender

Luckily I went into the game already knowing about it's difficulty problems so i was able to "fix" the experience for myself. I 100%'d this without buying a single health/focus/arrow upgrade, no Crit Strike 2, Blade Master or Double Charge... and I never bought/used the 3 "super moves" either. The difficulty was pretty decent under these settings (with all indicators off obviously)... but still fairly trivial unless I was just running into a fort guns blazing. I was even purposely 'advancing time" 5 or 6 times every hour or so just to keep the orc list fresh and bulked up (and alway issue death threats because... fun!).

I can't imagine how much easier it could have been because it still wasn't that much of a challenge. I think it's simply a limitation in the freeflow combat systems. Having an insta-counter, a stun and 360 degree awareness is simply too powerful. i'm not really sure what they could do to make it more challenging, but the "counter" key should at least be one of a few different actions to make it somewhat harder to pull off. The fact that it basically works 100% of the time with one click is kind of game-breaking.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2015, 10:31.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 11:07 descender

Simply modding the memory is triggering the ban offense. My guess is that any memory modification sets off the alarm so they don't even bother figuring out what you are actually doing :p It really should have nothing to do with it being a FOV or a light/shader mod or whatever unless their anti-cheat is insanely sophisticated (and it seemingly... isn't).

And yes, I completely agree that most people wouldn't admit to using it to cheat anyway :p

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
29. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 11:00 descender

The 'cheat" isn't increasing your FOV HorrorScope, it's "decreasing" your FOV. Effectively giving every weapon the ability to zoom in with no accuracy loss. Their accuracy drop off isn't well done either, and you can snipe people (even with pistols) from really far away as the first bullet kind of goes on the crosshair every time.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Verdun
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Verdun Apr 28, 2015, 15:41 descender

I came here for the Emily Blunt pics... WTF is this shit?  

News Comments > Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods
19. Re: Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods Apr 27, 2015, 19:48 descender

NKD, the models aren't different. The modders (artists) want to sell their content (music) in Steams (label) market... that's exactly what I described and exactly why the cut's those type of artists should be relevant (at least in regards to Valve's cut I suppose). Content distribution, marketing and advertising... those are the things the label (Steam) takes money from the artist (modder) for. Calling the bandwidth costs "background noise" is just trying to handwave away factors that are actually important. One of the modders in another thread was talking about more than 6GB per month of downloads through the Nexus, that's not cheap and the audience and possible number of downloaders on Steam is 100000x what the Nexus offers.

I do agree, the Bethesda cut is high... I would have expected the Valve cut to be higher though, or that it at least be 50/50 between them.

I still think that anyone complaining about the 25% is absolutely nuts. Is it low? Sure. Is it the worst deal ever? No, of course not. Yesterday you were making pennies, now you are making .25 on the dollar over thousands of sales with millions of potential customers. They should just take what they can get and worry about getting a better deal later when they can get organized (modders unions?).

Obviously Valve/Bethesda have backpedaled on this now and rightfully so. Dropping this into the middle of an existing mod community and allowing modders to charge for existing mods was a recipe for disaster. They should have waited until they had a new 3rd party game to launch with this modder payment plan or at least forced them to produce new content to charge for. Then they could have slowly rolled it back into existing markets like Skyrim rather than let the modders make fools of themselves in the eyes of the community.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
28. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2015, 19:30 descender

I see no reason to pretend there were no presidents before 2008. You can if you wish. You can't actually be so naive to think that Obama has really been the "worst president ever", there are so many ways that is so very obviously not true... so this must just be an act for attention. Nixon got impeached and quit. We are still paying for and will probably never know the true depth and extent of W's failures both at home and in the middle east... multi-trillion dollar failed wars, economic collapses and the fact that he's wanted for war crimes in multiple countries is probably a good start. Carter sat under 20% inflation... everyone is guilty. Those are just the ones I've lived through, I'm sure if we cracked out a few books we can find a few reasons why every president was "the worst one yet".

Obama is, unfortunately, just another in a long line of depressing and disappointing presidents that have moved this country in the wrong directions for decades. They all suck right now, they all take money, they all lie, they all do horrible things... pretending that one side is really worse than the other with the level of information that is available about everyone just makes you a troll.

Try not to fall so easily for this "us vs them" nonsense. You peddle it around here constantly (and I'm guilty, we all are... although I do think it must be a general mindset thing with you based on the way you can't seem to accept that games like D3 and PoE can exist in the same world, but I digress). "Everything liberal is bad" is a ridiculously stupid mentality, just as thinking the opposite is equally narrow minded and wrong. The truth lies far, far away from those extremes. That's exactly the game politicians are trying to get you to play, we bicker with each other over literally nothing so we aren't paying attention to what they are doing.

News Comments > Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods
2. Re: Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods Apr 27, 2015, 18:57 descender

Musicians get 8%. Actors get 10-15% at best. Why do we think the modders with no power and no voice will get a better deal?

One could also argue that Steam is taking a smaller cut than they deserve for the potential bandwidth costs of hosting of a popular mod. I can understand the gripes with the 66% that Bethesda is taking. That does seem like... a lot... but I don't get the gripe that the modder's 25% is unfair in any way. 25% is a lot more than 0%.

Would they prefer it go back to 0%? Or should they take what they can get now and bargain for a better deal later? (obviously the latter)

21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2015, 16:44 descender

You only have to get to the 3rd page of the poll to see that the entire thing is split nearly straight down the racial lines though. Basically the same 33% that voted Obama the worst voted Reagan the best in this poll. As the breakdown moves along the line in the different questions, you can see a clear and severe discrepancy between the "white with no degree" poll numbers and basically every other breakdown.

I really thought I nailed it on the head earlier with the obvious reason why Obama would "lose" a poll like that... before Axis derailed it for like... no reason.

Obama is the focal point of republican hatred, so he gets every single "vote against". The republican "worst president" votes get distributed between Bush and Nixon.

Another fun breakdown from that "poll".
Dem: 47%
Rep: 49%

Actually split pretty evenly, which only amplifies how much Obama is "singled out" by republicans. Surprisingly (or maybe not surprisingly I can't decide) Bush + Nixon and Obama + Carter get the same 41% of the "worst" vote.

19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2015, 16:24 descender

I know I shouldn't Verno... in this case they are clearly demonstrating their ability to be both of those things though.

I actually wouldn't even mind Axis doing it, everyone can poke fun here and there... what's the point of posting if we can't? It's the complete lack of other substance in his responses that I despise.

18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2015, 16:21 descender

MORE hilarity from your "poll". Wht 73% / Blk 13% / Hsp 7%

That's the demographic breakdown from the front page of the actual poll (which I'm certain you didn't bother looking at). Here's the actual poll if anyone else is interested what it actually says beyond that Washington Times Headline.

Gee, I wonder what other possible reasons there could be for Obama being at the top of the list? /smh

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2015, 16:02 descender

You are a sad little man, Axis. I always try to discuss the topics at hand, then you try to attack every single person that disagrees with you. Brilliant.

I don't want your respect, nor do I care who has it. You seem to have absolutely no idea what you sound like on these message boards.

More hilarity from your stupid poll. Obama was also rated at the 4th "best" president" in that same exact poll. NICE! This is how blindly you copy/paste things in here... and you blame me for not having an original opinion? HAHAHAHA.

I didn't link the stupid thing, you did.... don't get all huffy and puffy with me because of it.

You just tuck your head back down in the sand where you like it and don't listen to anything anyone else says. I'm not posting for your benefit, I'm posting so no one accidentally believes your stupidity. Talk about think before you write, are you fucking serious? Learn to take your own advice.

If you don't like what I have to say you can ignore me. If you don't like what I have to say you can respond to it with facts of your own like I do. What you can't do is act like a child and throw a temper tantrum like this every time someone disagrees with you... who do you honestly think you are fooling by "pretending" like I'm the problem poster here?

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2015, 16:09.

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2015, 15:51 descender

Are you so far beyond rational thought that you can't post anything other than "hurpeedurp liberal hurpeedurp"?

I'm sorry I shattered the bullshit poll you posted with facts. Wait, no I'm not! Any time we can annihilate your disinformation agenda, it's a good day Axis.

12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2015, 15:46 descender

LOL that poll is hilariously misleading. It is absolutely no surprise that you linked to it.

What really drives this particular poll into the dirt is that Republicans are much more unified in their dislike of Obama than Democrats are in their dislike of any particular GOP president. Mostly because they are racist morons.

Unfortunately George W and Nixon (you know, the one that got kicked out of office) equally split the "worst president ever" votes by people with unbiased brains, so they are unlikely to actually ever win "worst president ever". There is no "public enemy #2" democratic president to split the racist anti-Obama contingent (until Hillary get's elected anyway).

Convenient :p

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Apr 27, 2015, 14:07 descender

Thief 2 had a better engine and graphics (16-bit vs 8-bit)

Haha, your generation is so cute.

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
126. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 26, 2015, 12:03 descender

but the cut that I've heard Valve gets here is unacceptable

Yeah well, don't believe everything you read here.

Valve takes their regular cut that they take on every transaction. Bethesda is taking 66% of the money, be mad at them.

I still don't care for this argument. Artists don't get 25% of their revenues in literally any other market, music TV, movies... not a single one of those "artists" makes 25% of their gross revenues.

News Comments > etc.
27. Re: etc. Apr 26, 2015, 11:58 descender

If Valve had put a donate button instead of a buy button I would be totally for it but the way this has been implemented is the worst way it could have been.

Why do people keep saying this? The modders CAN actually DO this but they are choosing not to.

Valve didn't put anything anywhere. They allowed the modders to reveal themselves for the greedy fucks that they are, and they jumped through that hoop feet first.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Apr 24, 2015, 19:49 descender

Of course they are defensive, no one is thinking or acting in any rational way. Far easier to just shut it down until the smoke blows over. I hope they didn't expect a different response though... this seems to be the pretty obvious knee-jerk reaction.

They should have frozen the workshop, and anyone that had a mod downloaded could keep it in it's current state. They only should have allowed modders to charge for new and updated mods from today going forward.

I still think you are all mad at the wrong people. Valve simply opened a door and these modders sprinted straight through it.

1040 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo