Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1467 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
12. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 21, 2015, 14:21 descender

I switched to MediaMonkey when they shut down Winamp. Great media library features if you are into that sort of thing... but it has gotten a little slow at launch lately.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
41. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2015, 10:37 descender

Plot holes, unfortunately, are a hallmark of Abrams movies

Plot holes are pretty much a staple of Star Wars movies... what a bizarre complaint.

I imagine you haven't actually watched the originals in quite some time. We re-watched 4 5 2 3 6 in the 2 days leading up to seeing the new one, and the new movie is easily better than everything but Empire.

News Comments > French Steam Lawsuit
29. Re: French Steam Lawsuit Dec 19, 2015, 10:30 descender

You could just take yourself off the beta channel and then it wouldn't break your shit all the time, since you can't or don't want to handle that (not much of a pc gamer eh?).

Temporarily reversed a previous change to the bitrate of games running below 60 FPS, due to an adverse impact on network latency

Or maybe they fixed it already.

News Comments > Rocket League Nears $50M
5. Re: Rocket League Nears $50M Dec 18, 2015, 17:59 descender

I'm just hoping to see some crazier maps, like SARBC had.

Quoted for tru--- PLEASE GOD JUST RELEASE MORE MAPS ALREADY. I'll pay. That wide sandy one is just stupid.

News Comments > French Steam Lawsuit
17. Re: French Steam Lawsuit Dec 18, 2015, 17:57 descender

Look how ready you were to give up on the controller before someone talked you off the ledge... it's just a patch, it happens. You don't have to make it out to be the end of the world every time you run into a little snag though. It's not a widespread problem so it must be something to do with your specific configuration. The steam forums are full of suggestions for fixing your lag spikes, which I imagine that you haven't bothered reading up on based on our controller conversation.

When someone posts negatively about everything and anything, they aren't "right" when you have a tiny problem, they just want to wave their finger in your face because they are assholes. There is nothing wrong with link or the controller, streaming isn't "stupid" because he doesn't have a use for it... why would you listen to someone like that at all?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2015, 15:47 descender

Living must be terrible for you, knowing that you'll inevitably die (oops, spoiler alert!). There must be no point in experiencing the journey of life right? What could you possibly learn!

/cutterpost

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 18, 2015, 11:38 descender

Musk doesn't say that he doesn't "trust it" in this article anywhere, he merely wants the guy to work for his company rather than buy out his technology so he owns everything new the guy invents along the way. It doesn't matter at all where something is designed, it only matters that it is tested properly before it's sold to the public. Do you think that they wouldn't test a system like this extensively before they start sticking it into cars?

It sounds like this guy is discovering things about programming AI that will be extremely valuable to companies like Google and he's holding out for that. Limiting himself to designing autonomous cars sounds like selling his abilities short and I'm glad he didn't sell out right away.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
86. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 18, 2015, 11:18 descender

I'm pretty sure you are severely overestimating how much those people are getting paid jd. People working for kickstarted crowdfunded companies don't get "industry standard wages" or anything remotely close to it. Don't underestimate the desperation of underemployed workers and college grads taking less money to secure a job, especially in the gaming industry.

What do they have to show for it?
This is a very dishonest way of looking at the development process, and I think you know that. Their goal isn't (and shouldn't be) to make you slightly playable versions of the game along the entire process just to appease you. If you want them to be wasting time on shit like that then you aren't helping the situation at all, because fulfilling requests like that is only slowing them down. :p

Most games don't have playable alpha/beta builds until the last few months of their development and you guys are whining about them not having entire universes built already when their target release for the first module is still 12 months away.

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
48. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 16:37 descender

You would think someone with a few hundred dollars invested in a space sim would literally know that light years are a measure of distance.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2015, 14:04 descender

unnecessary re-imaging of the classic StormTrooper armor

What military would use the same uniforms and armor for 60 years?!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2015, 14:02 descender

Whether you like it or not, this is fact.

Who gives a flying fuck how "big" star wars is? Does that give theaters the right to back out of deals they've made? The theater chain had an agreement with him to show his movie in that theater and they reneged on that agreement. His anger is completely justified, your argument is baseless. They are showing Star Wars on 4000+ screens in the US, but Disney went out of their way to be assholes about this 1 theater.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2015, 13:27 descender

I'm sure just as many if not more people would much rather see your flick than a new Star Wars.

Could you just ONCE read the article before you comment? Just once. Maybe everyone wouldn't hate you so much, or maybe you wouldn't sound so incredibly uninformed and childish all the time.

Tarentino is talking about being pushed out of one specific movie theater in LA. He's not complaining about competing with Star Wars, he's complaining about Disney basically being assholes. Disney strong-armed the theater chain to extend the StarWars runtime at the Cinerama Dome through XMas or it would pull Star Wars from ALL of their theaters. It was supposed to air Hateful 8 there. He has every right to be pissed.

News Comments > WoW Banhammer
3. Re: WoW Banhammer Dec 17, 2015, 13:19 descender

Tank/healer/damage doesn't really "originate" with MMO gameplay... those are the most basic and logical tactics you can employ. Force your enemy to focus his damage where you can mitigate it best and do most of your damage from a safe distance.

Scripted quest content, instanced group/raid level encounters... those are the "frontiers" of MMO gameplay that WoW actually pushed. WoW stole it's entire feature set from every other MMO in the 90's and merely spit-shined it to a mirror finish. They built the fisher-price of MMO's and that's why it became so popular... ease of access and extremely addictive (insultingly so) game systems.

News Comments > GeForce Experience Beta Adds Features
5. Re: GeForce Experience Beta Adds Features Dec 17, 2015, 12:53 descender

GFE works just fine in W10, this is a you problem... as are most problems with W10.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VI
13. Re: Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VI Dec 17, 2015, 12:30 descender

Everything pixel-art related looks better on a CRT.

I am totally in your camp, I hate LCD's. I miss my FP1355, but my desk doesn't :p

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
19. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 11:50 descender

... or maybe they just LOD the shit out of that stuff until they optimize it (again, last...). Why on earth do people keep assuming these tech demos directly translate into end game visuals? The sheen and polish and over-detailed scenes are the absolute last thing they will work on.

How many hundreds of miles away from the surface do you need to see tiny rocks on the planet anyway? Expanding on the procedural generation in the future with additional factors (like the tectonics in ED) is also pretty likely.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 17, 2015, 11:26 descender

If Kojima can't get real funding from a publisher than no one can. If he has to kickstart a project I would be incredibly surprised.  

72. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 14, 2015, 16:54 descender

It's as if you've had no effect on the situation at all!

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them

Quoted for extreme lack of self awareness.

69. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 14, 2015, 14:57 descender

Of course they are still "trying to build the tech" FFS... no one ever has before and you have absolutely no right to claim if and when they should be able to "complete" it by. Just because you tried and failed in the past (miserably, every time) doesn't mean that any other developer will. With any luck their process DOES look completely foreign to you so they aren't accidentally following in your footsteps of failure. Listening to you talk about developing a space sim is like listening to Cheney and Rove talk about Iraq or having Bill Cosby give dating advice to your kids. Just shut the fuck up already.

You've proven yourself to be nothing but a blatant troll with no facts to back up any of the ridiculous claims and threats you've made. Did you think that the 3 months since your last post would make us all forget how wrong you have been about everything you've said so far? Are you still holding back all that "truth" and "facts" for the fake lawsuits you keep threatening to file? Your attempts to position yourself as some sort of white-knight for backers are obvious and kind of sad. Are you lonely?

The only likely result of this delayed development process is that the $3mil in kickstarter money gets refunded to the backers and then CIG won't have to rush out half-featured and buggy alpha's for impatient assholes. I still don't understand why CIG hasn't done this already, they don't need that $3mil in any way and it brings them nothing but strife, headaches and bad PR.

You seem to have it in your head that you are going to whine loudly enough to get the entire $100mil refunded or that Chris Roberts is going to finally tell you he spent it all on hookers and blow, both are absolutely out of the question so it's time for you to find something better to do.

67. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 14, 2015, 10:53 descender

I wonder how much time they have wasted pulling together systems that aren't ready yet to create these gimped playable versions just to appease people's impatience.  

1467 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo