Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 981 (Graduate)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
22. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 14:44 descender

I'm not liking it as much as GTA IV's story

Well, that scares the shit out of me because the story in GTA4 was fucking atrocious. Hey I want money, let's murder people because that's the only skill I have! Fucking awful. Was there more to it and I just missed it? I don't think so. "Hey I just dropped off this crackwhore, let's give her a few bucks... nah... let's give her $1500!". GTA4 was pretty fuckin bad.

GTA IV's cars felt realistic

Were we even playing the same game? Or are you just forgetting that the driving physics in GTA4 were so bad that the first thing you did was download the mod that fixed them?

Someone please tell me that GTA5 is better.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month
69. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 16:54 descender

"Fuck the hell off" sounds like a great idea, Axis... why don't you get on that.

Everyone else here seems to be capable of rational conversations. You seem incapable of anyone criticizing what is obviously your favorite game in any way, then you derail and attack and generally just ruin the day.

Grow some thicker skin before you try to internet again kid. (and yes, that was intentional... because you act like a fucking 6 year old in here).

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2015, 13:45 descender

I remember buying Quake before I had a 3DFX card. I was rendering in software. Then I got a card and OH MY GOD, the beauty and speed of it.

Hell yeah, I remember seeing the translucent water surface for the first time and being amazed. I remember a friend had a Riva TNT card at the time and the two cards would render games in completely different colors and lighting schemes.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
44. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2015, 12:53 descender

Most of these P2P patchers that companies are forcing on people really bog down the CPU. Warthunder and league of legends stick out in my mind as two very poor offenders. I almost always get better speeds/performance disabling the P2P transfer. Hopefully that is an option in the rockstar downloader... I'm not buying it yet so i don't know.  

61. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 10:46 descender

Your act gets sadder by the day Axis. It's hilarious that you can't even come up with a reasonable response to the completely reasonable suggestion that F2P games benefit people without disposable income.

But hey, keep attacking people for no reason... it is really showing off your maturity. You must be a serious gamer because you are clearly capable of rational critical thinking and discussion.

58. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 10:37 descender

Same tired Axis responses when he is clearly being an idiot.
Does anyone fall for this schtick anymore?

Verno, you should stop disagreeing with me so often if we're going to be the same person... it's not healthy.

55. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 10:27 descender

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit Axis.

He said it was a good game for kids because it is free. He didn't insinuate anything about the gameplay or styles or community, but you overreacted and went off the deep end anyway.

Kids generally don't have disposable income, so they can't buy every game they want... ergo F2P games are generally good options for them and this one returns pretty good value for your time invested. Was that so hard? It's about as straight forward and logical of a thought as one could have about F2P games.

You really prove him wrong about how much "kids" play this game though... by acting like one in every thread involving it on this website. Maybe being a child isn't so much about age as it is your general attitude towards... everyone else.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
24. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 16:29 descender

The problem here is your assumption that all of your hours have been spent usefully in Skyrim. I am 100% sure this is not the case.

Technically... yes... Skyrim has an unlimited amount of quests for you to complete and the game never ends and if you want to count that then fine. I don't.

A lot of "content" that people get stuck in are radiant quests, which are randomly generated and never stop showing up. They are mostly pointless, especially the ones that show up in your MISC tab in your journal. The only ones you actually need to do are the ones that complete or unlock faction line quests.

So in reality... there is not actually "200 hours" of hand-crafted content in Skyrim. I'd clock it in somewhere around the 150-hour mark to 100% complete main story lines, faction and guild quests. The rest of the time people spend in that game is rather pointless (and endless).

I don't recall them saying anything about randomly generated quests in TW3, so by my count it probably has more content than Skyrim.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
11. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 13:05 descender

So, basically they're saying it's a lot smaller than Skyrim.

... No. It only takes 3 hours to complete the main story quest in Skyrim. This means that TW3 should have considerably less "fluff" than Skyrim.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 10, 2015, 12:28 descender

The USF fund is currently being used to develop and deploy broadband infrastructure... but broadband customers are not actually paying in to the fund. How is correcting this a bad thing? Oh right, it isn't!

Where does the this blatant disregard for how things are funded come from out of the right wing propaganda machine?

You get what you pay for in life, if you don't want to pay... you don't get. Simple.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches Apr 10, 2015, 12:14 descender

I also went monk on one of my alternate playthroughs. I must admit I still don't really get it... light armor doesn't seem to be an option because he needs aggro to generate wounds? Is the skill to wound yourself a necessity?

I'm having much more fun in a different playthrough as a barbarian so far.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches
4. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches Apr 10, 2015, 12:11 descender

Your obsession with talking about Path of Exile in other games' threads is really bizarre. No. One. Cares.

If there was relevant news, submit it... and stop whining about D3 in every thread too. ffs....

News Comments > Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month
6. Re: Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month Apr 9, 2015, 16:17 descender

maybe they will reveal they've seen the error of their ways and release a game in a state that people actually want to pay for.

HAHAHA... HA...

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
68. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 14:24 descender

refusing to give discounts on things when everyone else is, is getting really annoying

/boggle

Those other services basically HAVE to give launch day discounts or else no one would ever buy games from them. Expecting launch day discounts is just being greedy, and blaming Steam for not having them is just childish. Especially considering the ridiculously deep discounts Steam offers on a regular basis.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Apr 7, 2015, 16:48 descender

They're far too busy jerking each other off to the masterpiece which is their vision of Diablo than listen to the community.

More like their community full of spoiled shits might be better served writing their own game. Blizzard has shown tremendous reaction and receptivity (word?) to community feedback over the D3 fiasco, so your cries about them not listening ring deafeningly hollow.

At this point I don't think Blizzard could make any decision the community would accept that didn't come directly from the community. They painted themselves into a corner a bit.

I still don't see the appeal to playing a game like this for thousands of hours. There is literally no point, and there never was... even in older more well received versions of it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2015, 16:29 descender

The reason it was short ordered was because the ratings were terrible and it wasn't making money. It had nothing to do with Rome, I don't know why you keep saying that (provide a source please). Rome was already done filming when they ordered the short 4th season of Deadwood, so it doesn't really make much sense that it would be an influence.  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Patch
13. Re: Cities: Skylines Patch Apr 7, 2015, 16:26 descender

I think they need to adjust the way they simulate traffic altogether.

If you run the game on the fastest speed, the traffic sim doesn't keep up with the time that is passing... and you end up with buildings full of dead bodies that the hearsts (part of the traffic sim) can't keep up with emptying. Similar problems with fires where the trucks don't get there before the building burns down regardless of the traffic.

I find that I can't safely run the game beyond the middle speed without running into these problems. The traffic sim is tied to the city infrastucture in ways that are not obvious.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2015, 14:26 descender

There will basically never be a MOBA you enjoy then, you are describing the core mechanics of the genre. It's also about map control, team fighting and a host of other things... but you don't seem to care.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 7, 2015, 13:52 descender

Nearly everyone that runs a marathon does it in less than 6 hours. Mostly because they stop keeping official times at the 5-6 hour mark.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2015, 13:51 descender

The community has always been the crux of people enjoying these games, not the gameplay itself.

HotS removes a lot of the micromanaging and unintentional griefing from the formula... but the basic concept of the game is just like every other MOBA.

Blue, If you guys are losing to the Ai... jesus... that should probably be streamed for entertainment purposes.

981 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo