Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 853 (Graduate)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed
35. Re: Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed Feb 15, 2015, 10:15 descender

After all the backlash at the story, I didn't see the point.

LOL... yes... skip 40-50 hours worth of awesome RPG storytelling because the last 5 minutes of the story might have butthurt some overzealous teenagers on the internet. Brilliant!

I love that you latched on to the piss-poor combat though, that's hilarious!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Public Beta
14. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Public Beta Feb 14, 2015, 18:06 descender

(i7-2600K, 560Ti, 16GB RAM)

One of these things is not like the other... one of these things...

Get a video card man!

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Trailer
24. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 18:35 descender

I had similar issues with JC2, Xero. I didn't really feel like I needed to play it on a controller... but I never could get the key bindings comfortable to the point where I could play without thinking about what buttons do what.

Probably bears further investigation :p All accounts are the game is great fun.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed
29. Re: Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed Feb 13, 2015, 18:30 descender

IMO... The combat is the single worst feature of the Mass Effect series (2+3 more-so than 1 I suppose). The fact that people truly enjoy playing it multiplayer blows my mind.  

News Comments > Dying Light Free Hard Mode Update Coming
6. Re: Dying Light Free Hard Mode Update Coming Feb 12, 2015, 02:14 descender

Hey Monolith...

HEY! MONOLITH!

You can add a hard mode to a game... see?

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Finds Lost Vikings
12. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 12, 2015, 02:04 descender

To be fair, LoL does have 4 maps and does make some crazy game modes available at times.

The default 15 year old 3 lane map bores me to tears, so the different arrangements and objectives in HotS have been a refreshing change of pace.

I agree with a lot of what Trevellian said here. I don't care for denying/last hitting mechanics, it's tedious and makes the games feel like work. In HotS you waste less time worrying about farming the fodder on the map, and more time is spent on team fighting and jungle/map control. All of the best, fun parts of the genre and none of the tired, tedious old mechanics (denying was originally a bug with WC3, why is it now a desired feature?!).

HotS makes MOBA easier to get into, and IMO it seems less likely that one unskilled player will los efocus mid match and blow the entire game because he doesn't have to keep worrying about counterintuitive mechanics.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Finds Lost Vikings
9. Re: Heroes of the Storm Finds Lost Vikings Feb 11, 2015, 19:36 descender

What they need are maps.

So you think that the MOBA game with the most unique maps types... needs more maps? /boggle

I think what HotS might need is people that actually play it to talk about it, and people that don't to be quiet and stop acting like they do.

News Comments > Diablo III Cheaters Banned
20. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 15:46 descender

Word to the wise...

Competing and winning aren't the same thing. Competing should never disappoint you.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 9, 2015, 22:15 descender

there are no organised end game raids or dungeons

I'm actually quite baffled by that statement. Is that really true?

WTF have people been doing for 2+ years, is it all PvP at that point?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 9, 2015, 13:09 descender

1. Give away Windows 10 for free (for one year).
2. Introduce subscription model "Windows 365".
3. ???
4. Profit.

They have been testing this with Office365 and they now understand that corporations love the subscription model of purchasing/upgrading software (and the lack of need for installation media is a godsend). The consumer model won't be far behind.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking
14. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking Feb 7, 2015, 09:34 descender

Again couldn't they have like done this with the kinect and head tracking?

Because... you don't naturally move your head to scan a screen with your eyes?

Please let's stop bringing up head-tracking like it's "basically the same thing as eye tracking". Head tracking sucks total ass.

Turning your face away from the screen is completely unnatural. Certainly not something that feels immersive in any way, and not something that could be of much use in terms of gameplay function either. Watch someone trying to play a flight-sim with TrackIR and just look at how awkward the entire experience is.

It's not even remotely similar. With something tracking the movement of your eyes (which are naturally scanning the screen anyway) you won't even notice it in use, or have to change anything about the way you play a game. It can simply enhance the experience.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking
9. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking Feb 6, 2015, 11:06 descender

What you are describing are the limitations of "head-tracking". They are using "eye-tracking" in this scenario.

I imagine it will be subtle. If I look at something on the left side of the screen, the camera slowly starts panning and moves the object i'm focusing on to the center of the screen.

What I'm envisioning is like the Wii metroid controls, but with your eyes (the video pretty clearly shows that, but it seems like the camera is also being moved by the controller... poor demo). Basically... it should be awesome if properly implemented.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Feb 4, 2015, 13:20 descender

Combat is mindless

/boggle. I can't fathom reviewers that obviously play on easy and then complain the game was too easy.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 4, 2015, 10:25 descender

I'm fairly sure this is the exact opposite of bitching and moaning. More like pleading and begging.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably)
8. Re: Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably) Jan 28, 2015, 19:35 descender

Totally! They are such assholes for adding features that their players want to their game.  

News Comments > Hearthstone Undertaker Card Nerf
7. Re: Hearthstone Undertaker Card Nerf Jan 28, 2015, 19:31 descender

None of those things you said are really true. There are plenty of hard removals, silence and other ways of completely circumventing powerful cards.

There is no real problem with Hearthstone except that it's new and it hasn't been expanded on for 15 years. Give it a minute.

News Comments > Hearthstone Undertaker Card Nerf
5. Re: Hearthstone Undertaker Card Nerf Jan 28, 2015, 19:28 descender

They'd be better off pushing out more content, that effectively overwrites the unbalanced stuff with newer items/objects.

No way. The only reason that was ever done was because you couldn't change a physical card, which is why the pile on method of balance was adopted by MTG et al. Hearthstone is not constrained by the limitations of physical cards, and balance can simply happen with card changes and dust refunds.

You don't pile on more overpowered cards to stop the last overpowered cards. You just fix it.

They have been doing a great job addressing overpowered deck combinations. Lots of balance changes is a good thing, it means they are paying attention. I can't believe someone would complain about that :p

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Tavern Songs & Sheet Music for Free
10. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Tavern Songs & Sheet Music for Free Jan 26, 2015, 23:26 descender

... but if they all installed Origin, EA would probably stop giving away so many games for free.

Lol_dies Coughing

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Sets FPS Record
20. Re: PlanetSide 2 Sets FPS Record Jan 26, 2015, 23:16 descender

The netcode in PS2 certainly doesn't feel like real time.

I keep trying to love this game and the direction of the patches has been good... but then the hit detection and gun spray reminds me why I always stop playing after about 2 hours.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
17. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 21, 2015, 08:43 descender

Whats the thing with procedural generation anyway

Well you basically have 2 options in development. Create all of the content for your game, or create a way to generate content for your game.

Somehow "randomly generated content" became synonymous with "infinitely repayable" but in practice it's more like "infinitely repetitive".

853 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo