Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 722 (Apprentice)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2014, 10:47 descender

They will think we are old senile fools for spreading such lies.

That's because all of your stories sound crazy and can't be repeated by anyone Raincloud

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
15. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 10:40 descender

One of the last updates to the Cryengine removed support for anything lower than DX11. I couldn't even attempt to run the evolve alpha on my second gaming rig/HTPC.

Fuck you very much Crytek. When you learn what the things you are supposed to deliver ARE, then you may have a shot. It's pretty obvious you are completely out of touch with what people want, though.

That console money, it ruins you forever.

News Comments > Play Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for Free
3. Re: Play Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for Free Aug 15, 2014, 11:01 descender

More importantly, Wing Commander III is free this month to add to your Origin library.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
11. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 12:02 descender

I liked the concept of W1's combat, with different situational styles... the only real problem was the QTE implementation of it. Even after modding and patches, the combat in W2 never really clicked with me... and it felt like I was Rotfl fighting against controlling Geralt more than I Rotfl was fighting Rotfl the monsters.

Rotfl .

Somewhere between QTE/canned animations and rolling around all over the place to dodge hits... there must be an answer.

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2014, 12:09.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2014, 11:48 descender

I'm sure this is not the first time this will have been said, but Mark Hamill is only 1 year younger than Alec Guinness was when they started shooting the first star wars movie. *mind asplode*  

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced
17. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced Aug 14, 2014, 11:44 descender

Oh boy, I've been absolutely dying to play a whiny bitch character drama simulator.  

News Comments > First Diablo III Paragon 1000 Livestream
21. Re: First Diablo III Paragon 1000 Livestream Aug 12, 2014, 21:46 descender

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Gabynator-1902/hero/50269196

He was using the Crusader when he broke 1000, critting for ~65mil in T6... and those were just the ones I could read.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Details; Video
15. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Details; Video Aug 12, 2014, 15:19 descender

They certainly seem to have encapsulated all of the WORST things about multiplayer into one game. Kudos.  

News Comments > Strike Vector Free Weekend
2. Re: Strike Vector Free Weekend Aug 7, 2014, 12:16 descender

If the things can stop, pivot and hover in the middle of the air...

why do they have wings?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 6, 2014, 12:23 descender

Not a lot going on in that video makes me want to play the game. The projectiles seem to visually have travel time... but the damage is hit-scan? Hitboxes the size of trucks, one shot kill pistols...

Don't step in the darkness.

News Comments > Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds
6. Re: Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds Aug 6, 2014, 12:02 descender

The company that made Dungeon Defenders just pulled this same shit a few weeks ago, releasing the mobile version of their game as "something new" on steam.

Scummy to say the least... but at least Codemasters took steps to ease the burden of return for their customers.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed?
19. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed? Aug 1, 2014, 16:46 descender

Popular... with the niche hardcore gaming audience? Sure. Just like 120/144hz LCD's... but do you think even half of all LCD's sold today are higher than 60hz? A quarter? PC games simply aren't going to drive 4K TV's out to millions of homes. Broadcast TV content does that, and it always completely controls the adoption of new TV standards. 4K will be no different. Massive upgrades (both consumer and infrastructure) will be necessary to accommodate 4K content, and it's certainly not happening next year.  

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed?
16. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed? Aug 1, 2014, 14:24 descender

Until someone is delivering 100+ channels in 4K, I don't expect the adoption rate to be high enough to influence anything related to gaming. There will be another round of consoles before 4K becomes close to 'standard'. PC gaming has always outshone consoles, in every facet and any time period. 4k TV's aren't going to suddenly make people wise to that fact.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
16. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 30, 2014, 15:15 descender

DA:O on the consoles didn't have the overhead isometric view that the PC had, so this seems to be more of the same.  

News Comments > New Hearthstone Wing
8. Re: New Hearthstone Wing Jul 30, 2014, 14:49 descender

In case anyone was wondering where it was like I just did for 5 minutes... the option to buy the new wings for gold does not appear in the shop. The only option there is the $20 "full adventure".

You have to go into "Solo Adventures" first, and attempt to unlock the new wing in that screen. Then you will see the 700 gold purchase option.

EDIT: I still don't get the gripe on the pricing. IMO, 6 unique cards (11 total) for 700g is not really a bad deal. If you don't want the cards in any of your decks then you don't pay for them. I don't think the "content" or the boss fights is really the main attraction here, acquiring new cards is.

Paying real money for it is just being impatient/silly. If you aren't playing enough to rack up the gold to buy the wings for free... why would you need/want the new cards in the first place?

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2014, 14:57.

News Comments > Op Ed
93. Re: Op Ed Jul 25, 2014, 11:37 descender

then you're as worthless as they are.

Not nearly as worthless as your opinion on them.

Trollbashing

News Comments > Op Ed
70. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2014, 00:04 descender

If you had your way, there would be no links on this website at all.  

News Comments > Steam Controller Redesigned?
5. Re: Steam Controller Redesigned? Jul 23, 2014, 18:24 descender

Why? Every time they change this controller, I want it a little bit less.

Maybe there should be a D-pad there, but definitely not an analog stick. No reason to give in to the whiny console babies who don't can't understand how great those touchpads will be.

News Comments > Merry Naxxramas
11. Re: Merry Naxxramas Jul 22, 2014, 23:52 descender

I just beat the 3 normal bosses fairly quickly with a priest deck, the last boss did some really strange things with the hero power and I won on the first try... woops. The class challenges were interesting, playing with a preset deck, but not too difficult.

The heroic bosses are just insane.

If anyone was worried about "completing" this part of the content too quickly well... good luck. The first heroic boss summons a 4/4 for 2 mana on turn one, and then it gets worse from there.

I'm a little disappointed that these new bosses aren't playable characters in at least some game mode... but I suppose there are more expansions to be made sold. :p The boss powers would be fun to use even if it was a dumbed down version of them. Maybe there will be a boss vs boss mode so they don't have to balance it with the rest of the game.

Enjoying this.

News Comments > Hearthstone Maintenance Now; Naxxramas Launches Later
13. Re: Hearthstone Maintenance Now; Naxxramas Launches Later Jul 22, 2014, 22:02 descender

This is not quite accurate. There are only 2 class challenges for the current wing, Druid and Rogue. It says in the game that 9 of the bosses have a class challenges, so I suppose there will be 2 in each wing until the last week.

15 boss fights with 2 difficulties, 9 class challenges and 30 new cards seems to be what you get in the $20/2800g Naxxramas package.

722 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo