Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 611 (Apprentice)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 16, 2014, 12:04 descender

"bridge in act 3 being the worst offender"

I find slowdowns anywhere there is a lot of "fire". Turn down the shadows and it goes away.

Shadow detail is the bane of PC games and almost always the first thing I look to for performance issues.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 16, 2014, 11:52 descender

Do you thrive on being wrong Cutter? Or just an asshole.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/esa_ef_2014.pdf

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade
13. Re: Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade Jun 16, 2014, 11:38 descender

The real cracked version does NOT run slower, but there is a bad copy of it out there that includes a bitcoin miner.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2014, 11:30 descender

3. Spintires

Someone please explain this.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2014, 11:22 descender

I understand you on linking your source and not cutting out your middle man, but I still don't agree that site is worthy :p Last night the page wouldn't even load so they had to be cut out of the equation anyway. If ant wasn't one of their "top contributors", would anyone have gone there looking for that video?

I'm really just giving you a hard time because the clutter on that site makes me not want to be there.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: Daggerfall map Jun 16, 2014, 00:49 descender

Game World Map Comparison

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2014, 00:38 descender

Again with the videosift links, they just embed youtube! Link to youtube!  

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible
20. Re: Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible Jun 12, 2014, 21:30 descender

Never been killed by a room full of cups and plates flying at 900mph in Skyrim? Turn off vsync for a while :p  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 12:55 descender

I kind of want to see Argentina win, that's the only way this World Cup could be any worse for Brazil. Laugh

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible
2. Re: Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible Jun 12, 2014, 09:47 descender

Wow, let's rush out and buy this! Rolleyes2

I know exactly what's going to happen when you publicly admit you didn't playtest your own game at all...

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 12, 2014, 00:53 descender

Why not just link directly to the youtube video? We need to see it on this socially-overworked pukefest of a website? Thumbsdown  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 12, 2014, 00:48 descender

For a significant group of non-Internet users, it is commonly understood that access is not yet available, or it is available but unaffordable.

The cost of Internet services is, of course, often a major factor.

Maybe you should have just read it instead of "fixing" the headline.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2014, 16:04 descender

A fructose molecule is a fructose molecule. It's not like it knows where it came from.

Except it does know, and your body absorbs natural fructose (fruits and vegetables) and HFCS at completely different rates. When regular fructose is absorbed into the liver, it creates glycogen (stored glucose). When HFCS is absorbed into the liver (usually in much greater amounts), it creates fat and causes all sorts of medical problems.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 15:38 descender

required taxpayer funded state troopers to rescue her.

Usually you have to pay out of pocket for any rescue services.

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
41. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 15:33 descender

"Preferred" is an odd choice of words. You can say more people chose male-shep, that's fine... but they would have had to actually play both ways to say they have preferred one performance over the other. The information that the fem-shep performance may have actually been better will never trickle down to 90% of the people that play the game, certainly not enough to sway break the gender lines away from the "default character".  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jun 11, 2014, 11:48 descender

I find the romantic aspects of some of these games to be dis-engaging, as if there is time for this dating crap while the world is about to end!  

21. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 11:42 descender

YEAH BRO! Huh

It's simply a matter of preference, but hey... if you can't look at something without thinking about where you put your dick in it... that's on you.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials
32. Re: Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials Jun 11, 2014, 11:36 descender

People basically want closure from a game/genre that is designed not to give any

This really hits the nail on the head. ARPG's like this are simply not meant to be finished, so the natural result is eventually you just get bored with it and "move on".

I do agree that the itemization continues to be an issue with D3, especially the balance between different weapons as you said. I think that their damage, toughness and healing "ratings" are doing more harm than they are good, because they don't even add up with the actual damage outputs in the game. I can understand why STR/INT/DEX are tied to the defensive stats they are tied to... but some of it just flat out needs to be re-tuned. You can acquire Armor and AllResist outside of the main stats, but not dodge? Why?! OK, accepting that limitation... why can't I get more DEX for my INT or STR characters without crippling them completely?

I'm glad they got it to the point that it's at with RoS from where it was at launch, but as was said below... a lot of old design decisions are keeping them from fixing D3 completely.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2014, 11:49.

13. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 11:08 descender

I don't see the need to make that crazy leap. I would simply rather watch a female hop around on my screen for 20+ hours than a dude. I prefer female singers too, so I guess I should just cut my balls off!  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2014, 11:05 descender

I don't really understand the soda article, and it's potentially really misleading. There is a large difference between HFCS (chemically extracted from corn) and the "fructose" that naturally occurs in fruit sugars (fructose + glucose = sucrose, which is old school naturally occurring sugar).

Not identifying the different fructose sources in that study basically makes it completely useless.

611 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo