Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 979 (Graduate)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
59. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 17:56 descender

It doesn't matter how many times you link the video, the trees still pop in (more obvious at the 1:00 mark than other parts).

There are blatantly obvious differences between the Horse and witcher models in the PS4 and PC versions in that video. Maybe I'm not the one that "wants to see something" in that video, eh?

I'm gonna go ahead and guess you aren't very good at those bar games that ask you to spot the difference in the pictures are you :p

I'd be a lot more understanding of the bait&switch argument if they were still advertising the game with trailers showing those removed features in the videos but... they aren't. The crux of the argument here is a 2 year old (pre?)alpha gameplay video.

This comment was edited on May 21, 2015, 18:11.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 12:35 descender

The PS4 has a lower different draw distance and exhibits pop-in issues (which are obvious even in the video you posted), it also doesn't run at 60FPS... The PS4 version is basically "high" settings with a 30FPS lock. Woo! Bait and swi... bleh. Will it still be "bait and switch" in 2 weeks when they patch a bunch of the PC fidelity back in?

The fact that people looked at E3 demo's and trailers and think that's the game they are buying... /boggle Welcome to advertising.

45. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 12:08 descender

People still disable their page files? You know... it doesn't run any faster when you do that and only introduces instability into your system.

You are right though, those machines with more than ~8-16GB of ram are puzzling builds if they are just used for gaming.

News Comments > Take-Two Suing BBC Over GTA Movie
6. Re: Take-Two Suing BBC Over GTA Movie May 21, 2015, 11:34 descender

How is a BBC movie about Rockstar game development going to be any good or trustworthy if they are purposely NOT using Rockstar as a source for any of it? i imagine that will result is a nice one-sided story that is informative to no one.

I don't think Take-Two has any grounds to halt the production, but there are bigger questions to answer for in regards to this movie now I think.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed May 21, 2015, 11:08 descender

I'm all for competition to keep Valve/Steam honest. Unfortunately it's going to take years of development on Galaxy (and massive amounts of catalog expansion) or any similar service to even make this a remotely viable "replacement" option.

Supporting GOG in their endeavour is fine by me... but this article is just a bunch of rah-rah nonsense to get the anti-DRM crowd riled up.... and it seems to have worked. This article doesn't read as particularly well informed or logical in it's conclusions either (discounting CS:GO increased the number of cheaters? Steams mobile app is worse than GOG's lack of a mobile app? ok...).

For someone that incessantly whines about click-bait articles posted here every day... damn Cutter.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2015, 15:13 descender

I have that pad too, InBlack. I almost always have to use x360ce to make it work. I usually don't even bother attempting to load a game i intend to use the pad for without it because the default drivers are so rarely supported by newer games.

I can't say I've ever tried to play any of the Witcher games with a gamepad though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2015, 13:01 descender

If your movie feels like it's dragging at the 2 hour mark... then your movie probably sucks! If a movie is well written and well paced it doesn't matter how long it is.

I hate the catering of everything to this new ADD generation.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2015, 12:43 descender

Still no PC version of NHL?! FUUUUUUU-

I was really hoping the new console generation would end the drought.

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
57. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 20, 2015, 12:33 descender

I remember reading that MS originally killed off hardware audio support in Vista because they claimed that 40%+ of their support calls were audio related. Lazy fucks. :p

The problem with sound is if you can't hear it, you probably don't need it. Most people lack the playback equipment that would allow them to hear a difference in the first place. People use USB headphones with fake surround sound and/or $30 stereo speaker setups (and are apparently OK with the way that sounds). They are probably not the people that would notice or understand the advantages of a discrete card.

News Comments > Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans
10. Re: Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans May 14, 2015, 13:16 descender

Everyone that loves PoE seems to say (they should really rename it "Path of Hyperbole" at this point :p) the same things. Character building and gameplay aren't really the same thing though (at least not to me), and it's the gameplay itself I find to be extremely unrewarding and shallow. IMO... PoE attempts complexity through obscurity. A literal wall of customizable build options that are individually limited in impact. To me it doesn't matter how complex their character building is (I haven't played it in over a year) because once you are beyond character creation, the gameplay itself is the same old same old.

Character building is rewarding, and I get that. Something that PoE emphasizes that I actually like is the idea of starting over. More of these genre of games need to emphasize that. Attempting to accommodate someone playing the same character for 2000 hours and expecting a never ending supply of content up to par with your level of challenge is crazy. That's the treadmill was really referring to, and it creates a bizarre situation where the people who put the most time and effort into playing the game become the same people complaining about it's lack of content and things to do. You did it all! Start over or do something else already :p

News Comments > Overwatch Video
18. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 12:49 descender

Looks pretty cool, I'm not a fan of the large UI elements hovering over everything he targets though. Seems like it would be really distracting and doesn't promote any sort of situational awareness.  

News Comments > Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans
6. Re: Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans May 14, 2015, 11:51 descender

I see what you guys are talking about as the hack-n-slash loot-whoring genre's dirty little secret... that there is little point to playing them beyond the story mode/level cap unless you really, really love treadmills and slot machines and ePissing contests.

Some PvP could bring a little direction and purpose to the end game... but other than that I feel that there is an inherent flaw in the entire genre.

D3/PoE/TQ/etc. are all trying to replicate the longevity and success of D2 without really considering why it was played for so long by so many. It was really a lack of options at the time, and the first of it's kind... the gameplay itself simply lacks the depth to explain the longevity it experienced. These games are simply not "fun" anymore once you reach the end-game content.. and the fact that people purposely and willfully re-hash the same content over and over trying to "optimize" a build to then be able to accomplish... exactly nothing with it... really blows my mind.

Put the game down :p

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization May 14, 2015, 11:23 descender

IIRC in Android 5.x apps are only permitted to write to their specific folder on your SDcard (in sdcard\android\data) or the DCIM folder for the Camera/Gallery. Apps attempting to write to custom folders will usually spit out errors.

I have an issue with my SD card right now where if the power on my phone completely drains, the SD card corrupts and I lose all of the data. if I dismount the card and un/replug it... no data is lost. So... I've only been caching music from Google Play on it until i figure that out. I assume I just need a new SD card.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation May 13, 2015, 09:40 descender

24 tracks is pure crap, and are mostly crap (Skrillex? WTF?!)

I'm not too interested in the new "easier" guitar at all either. Black and white widgets to signify which row you are on? Really? The 5 button guitar was simple, you just had to be shown how to do it properly (which is where guitar hero completely failed in the past). All they needed to do is tell people to learn how to play on Medium with 3 fingers and they'll be moving on to "hard" and adding the pinky in no time. Now we have... who knows what... just a reason to sell new plastic instruments I think.

Looks like I'll finally make to make the jump to RB if I want any more plastic instrument fun times.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 12, 2015, 18:18 descender

Yes you do JD, including the movie he is complaining about... which was made for HBO. /boggle

HBO is great, you want to whine about a waste of money? Go pay for showtime. :p

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 12, 2015, 17:57 descender

Also from that wiki:

The initial version, outlined in Terminator, appears to have decided humanity was a threat to itself and launched its attack. However, as the story of Skynet is told by Kyle Reese, who grew up after Judgment Day, the exact motivations for Skynet are unclear.
The second incarnation, outlined in Terminator 2: Judgement Day, launched its attack as an act of self-defense as military commanders attempted to shut it down after it became self-aware.

By the third incarnation, well... it's a time travel clusterfuck of jumped sharks.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule
65. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 15:44 descender

As great as these Witcher games have been, they have required some pretty serious post-release support each time. Combat in TW2 barely even worked because of the input lag at launch, you literally couldn't proceed through the prologue on certain computers.

I'd never normally play games this big at launch, the potential for game-breaking bugs looms large. Pillars of Eternity reminded me why i stopped playing launch date versions of games :p I'll probably wait for the EE version, or at least until a few patches and mods come out to smooth over the experience.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 12, 2015, 15:31 descender

Hah, TBH i don't think i've ever seen it all the way through. I just assumed people only consider 1&2

"Technically" it's not even "evil" in 1&2... it just loves us too much. :p

50. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 13:53 descender

W3 being "open world" doesn't imply doing sidequests in any order you wish IMO... and I prefer some direction anyway. "sandbox games" are a subset of "open world" games that allow you to freely roam and do whatever you want without structure (i.e. skyrim). W3 is simply not a sandbox.  

43. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 13:16 descender

Who leaves games on their HHD/SSD for so many years?

I keep mine all backed up, I still have some old savegame files from the 90's that I'm sure won't even work if I wanted them to :p

Lately I've even started creating junctions after installing a new game so the settings/saves go directly into my backup drive instead of my windows user profile.

What if i want to pick up KOTOR again? Start over?! HA!

979 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo