Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1131 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2015, 14:48 descender

I don't know the proper place to post this but Steam is giving away free copies of Portal 2 and Rocket League when you pre-order a Steampad now. Sweet deal.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Heroes of the Storm Map Today
5. Re: New Heroes of the Storm Map Today Aug 26, 2015, 11:04 descender

Don't be so quick to blame Blizzard InBlack. If this is your first MOBA you may not know that these exact problems plague every single one of them.

Free games are basically never going to have good communities and expecting a good experience from forcing 5 random people into a co-op situation is a recipe for disaster.

Team vs team MP works considerably better when there are more people involved to cover for the deficiencies of the randoms. Games that utilize ~5 man teams are always going to have considerable leaver/afk/skillgap problems.

They need to come up with a system to allow people to join mid match to replace leavers/afk, that could only help... but even then by the nature of the ways MOBA games work... you've already fallen way behind.

I'm not sure there is a clean solution other than not bothering to play Co-op games with small team counts solo.

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
140. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 25, 2015, 08:56 descender

Derek Smart does what Derek Smart does because he is Derek Smart.

/cue the music from the james cameron episode of southpark

Nothing is going to make the game "magically appear out of thin air" and this is exactly why you don't invest in things that have open ended development times if you don't have the patience to wait for it to be done.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 25, 2015, 08:50 descender

Going so far as to pay for access to an adultery website is not "making a mistake" lol... getting drunk and coming home with the wrong person... THAT's a mistake. This is a willful act of stupidity.

They absolutely knew the possibility was there that they would get caught and they did it anyway. For this I feel absolutely zero remorse, just like no one feels bad for the NSA because Snowden outed their dirty secrets.

Both parties can be doing wrong things at the same time. Things don't always have to balance each other out.

137. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 25, 2015, 08:41 descender

This sounds suspiciously like another conversation I just had... What? You want facts?! Here, let me refer you back to something I wrote that has no verifiable source!

Seriously, you are not a reliable source of information in any way, linking to your own blog isn't proof that there is corruption in CIG. Unless you have any hard evidence this is just another frivolous lawsuit that will get laughed at by a judge.

I don't understand what you think you are accomplishing.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 24, 2015, 15:31 descender

I don't believe that these have to be mutually exclusive thoughts. Can't we be both happy that cheaters have been outed (very likely improving their spouses quality of life) and sad that it took a breach of their privacy to accomplish it?

I am of many minds about the situation. I definitely don't agree with the cheering section that has developed over the ordeal, that's just a sick mindset of wishing ill on others... but I would expect to be judged accordingly if illegal things I've done were outed in a public space. Obviously I would be upset that my privacy was violated, and that can be handled in it's own legal process... but what right do I have to be upset that I got caught doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing in the first place?

This is very similar to what the US government did with Snowden. He outed their illegal activities illegally, and they attacked his method of release while trying to cover up the fact that the data he released was factually accurate and morally inexcusable.

65. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 15:09 descender

That's not entirely accurate Phasenoise (and if it is you can point me at the proper information, that would be great).

Violet is a spectral color with it's own wavelength. Purple is not. Many reference charts incorrectly refer to Violet as purple.

Purple is a combination of specific red and blue wavelengths. There is no such thing as a monochromatic light source that can produce "purple light". The spectrum goes from Blue -> Indigo -> Violet -> UV.

I suppose I could have been more accurate than simply saying "it's not a color".

This is so much more interesting than anything to do with this article. /derail /woohoo

48. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 13:32 descender

Actually the sky is purple

Let's go full derail mode... purple isn't actually a real color (monochromatic wavelength)! It only exists in your mind as the overlap between the blue and red spectrums.

Much like the people who value Derek Smarts opinion only exist in his mind. /BAM Full Circle.

4. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 10:25 descender

Stop giving this fuckin loser a soapbox.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
35. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 13:57 descender

My god, your are so full of yourself it's astounding. When you learn to talk to people as equals, then maybe you will get to have that "intelligent conversation" that you seek.

You have absolutely no idea who has done what research on what topics, but by all means keep blowing smoke up your own ass.

I would have clicked and read every one of your links and reported back on what I thought, but that is beyond your comprehension. Stop telling me what my reaction would be, it's a major crux and flaw in your arguement. You have no idea. There is nothing I want more in life than "to know", so you have completely misread this situation.

33. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 13:43 descender

This is what evidence looks like. Easy to provide when you aren't ashamed of it.

Your major mistake is that you think comprehension ends at the presentation of evidence. I understand your position completely, it's just not backed up by any actual evidence so there is no reason to believe ANYTHING you say. I want to know what you know, because such convincing information doesn't seem to be available anywhere else.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2015, 13:51.

31. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 13:29 descender

So you have no intention of actually addressing any of the points he brought up refuting yours?

Where is this "intellectual conversation" actually happening? Oh... is that a secret too, like your links?

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2015, 13:43.

29. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 13:20 descender

Yes, your copy and pasting the run of the mill climate science denier talking points definitely shows that you have "done your research".

CO2 is plant food... ROFL...

JD owned everything you said with real data that I can actually look up and verify (and did!)... and then you decided that apparently no one else is worthy of your "facts". You argue from a completely dishonest position.

27. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 13:11 descender

You can't convince anyone with zero facts.

Your overly aggressive dismissal is typical of those who have no idea what they are talking about but like to pretend they do.

25. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 13:03 descender

Yes, your secret treasure trove of "links" that you refuse to share with anyone is extremely convincing. You couldn't possibly be more transparently evasive every time you are pushed for facts to back up your statements.

It doesn't seem to dawn on you that people have actually read these "other" articles and find them completely unconvincing because the science, sources and funding are always suspect. I regularly read fringe science website that are obsessed with talking about "global cooling" lately and they are usually either funded by the oil industry in some way or are "researched" by architects and people who have no educational background in atmospheric sciences.

When standing defiant in the face of overwhelming scientific consensus, the burden of proof is on you... and you seem to have nothing other than your assurance that you have "done the research".

Put up or shut up.

23. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 12:38 descender

So for those playing at home... he has no accessible, researched or verifiable way of backing up his statements about climate change and is speaking directly out of his butthole... but we should trust him because he knows.

Integrity does matter man, but you can't just assert that you have it. You earn it by backing up things you say with actual information and showing people how and why they are wrong, not just saying that they are. You asked why we don't get along the other day, this is almost exactly why.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Aug 21, 2015, 13:19 descender

It's like the racing game equivalent of riding a roller coaster.

There were some ridiculously long ones in the original trackmania (10min+).

14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 21, 2015, 13:06 descender

Random conspiracy theorists on the internet get nominated for Nobel Peace prizes all the time... DUH!  

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2015, 17:56 descender

Not quite...

The video game "crash" in the 80's was a combination of "system saturation", and "shitware saturation". There were too many consoles on the market in the early 80's without suitable software to sustain them and the Atari 2600 was basically flooding the market with extremely low quality games.

The "crash" itself really centers around 1983. C64 and Apple IIe's were not effected negatively by this crash at all. It actually caused their growth and acceptance as cheaper more versatile options for gamers than the consoles were.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 20, 2015, 17:41 descender

If anything should be glaringly obvious from these results, it's that they are not useful. "Ashes" was originally a Mantle tech demo and Stardock is an AMD partner, so I'm pretty sure that the results here should not be surprising to anyone.

This is basically a PR stunt for AMD at this point in time.

1131 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo