Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1103 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 31, 2015, 15:58 descender

Seriously? We've reverted to Win 3.1 days? Wow.

... No?

If you have anything overclocked and you have any problem... if that isn't the first thing you disable you don't know WTF you are doing. Disconnecting unnecessary USB devices during an OS install is just good practice.

This is not necessary unless you are having problems completing the install. I've done the upgrade to 7 machines so far and this wasn't necessary on any of them so far. I have had 1 machine seemingly "hang" during the last part of the installation, but 1 reboot brought it right back into the setup and it completed fine.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 31, 2015, 14:31 descender

Definitely disable any overclocking you may have in place... and disconnect all peripherals, seems to help get through the install where people have trouble.  

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 30, 2015, 14:43 descender

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
SB0886
October 2015

That's the card I'm using and it works fine, but like I had said earlier I wasn't using Creative's drivers before the upgrade.

You should be downloading and installing this: http://danielkawakami.blogspot.com/2015/07/sb-x-fi-series-support-pack-34.html

Waiting for official Creative drivers that will only give you half of the cards functionality anyway is a waste of time.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2015, 14:39 descender

People seem to be living under this ridiculously naive assumption that the OS they are currently using is not tracking and submitting the same exact things that people are claiming Windows 10 is tracking. As if not upgrading to Windows 10 will some how save you and your "data"... LOL

Most of the EULA sections people are posting have nothing to do with the complaints being made as well... it's all quite comical.

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 30, 2015, 13:48 descender

During the upgrade process you are given the option to retain your data/settings or not. If you choose not to there is fundamentally no difference between that and a clean install. It's been this way since windows 7. If it detects an existing oS on the drive it moves everything currently on your c: into windows.old and then the install from that point forward is "clean".  

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 30, 2015, 13:13 descender

My X-Fi works just fine in W10, even the front panel works. I had the danielK drivers installed on 7 previously and whatever drivers it automatically installed during the 10 upgrade have not caused any issues so far.

If you have one of those pci-e x1 riser xfi cards packaged with a motherboard then you don't have a real creative card and that's probably why it doesn't work.

20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 30, 2015, 09:08 descender

For entertainment purposes, I imaged my C: of my home computer (safety first!) and did an inplace upgrade yesterday.

Flawless.

The only program that I have had to reinstall so far for some reason... Office2013. Didn't have to download a single driver or update either. Every game I had installed on the machine ran without a hitch.... and with less hitches (easily picked up 5-10fps in GTA5 but more investigation is required). My mysterious rhythmic stutter in GTA5 is gone though, so that's awesome.

I had originally planned to follow through with a clean install regardless of the results here... but I'm really not seeing a reason to right now.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
68. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2015, 00:11 descender

considering the population of the entire UK would fit in the northeastern states with room to spare

Do you know what a rate is?

no one is proposing stronger laws and penalties for drivers and freaking out on TV about it
It is harder to get and keep a drivers license than it is to purchase a gun, and there are all sorts of regulations and protections for the public in place.

Hint, it's not a gun.

It... is a gun.

There is no "emotion" about it unless you love guns and hate facts.

43. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 14:58 descender

I suppose citing incorrect "facts" is a pretty solid way of ensuring you are corrected.  

41. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 14:40 descender

Sorry Newmaxx, but that "statistic" you cited is just another NRA smokescreen. Violent crime is defined completely differently between the US and UK and has no relevance whatsoever to gun crime statistics.

Violent Crime definition UK:
“Violent crime contains a wide range of offences, from minor assaults such as pushing and shoving that result in no physical harm through to serious incidents of wounding and murder. Around a half of violent incidents identified by both BCS and police statistics involve no injury to the victim.” (THOSB – CEW, page 17, paragraph 1.)

Violent Crime Definition US:
“In the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program, violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. Violent crimes are defined in the UCR Program as those offenses which involve force or threat of force.” (FBI – CUS – Violent Crime)

The rate of similar "violent crimes" (not the reported lie statistic) in the Us is 5 times higher than the UK.

News Comments > GOG.com & Windows 10
17. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 14:17 descender

Couldn't you just be happy about the fact that GOG had to announce did this, and stop making shit up about Valve that you have no idea about in the process?

Try not to be such a sucker for marketing, jesus...

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 14:12 descender

I don't think I'd believe a website that so obviously confuses free speech with privacy.  

12. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 14:05 descender

GOG implements DOSBox where needed and... doesn't really do much else. GOG can't magically patch games it doesn't own the source code to and any real patches still have to come from the developer... just like on Steam.

The entire GOG business model IS compatibility, so obviously they are more publicly involved with making sure every single item in their store runs the way it claims to. Ultimately this responsibility still falls to the developers that decide to sell their old games. Balming Valve for this is shortsighted.

5. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 12:41 descender

Gotta agree with Krovven here... I originally read this as "we didn't actually have to do anything to make 85% of our library work in Windows 10".

From what I've experienced in the Tech Preview there are basically zero compatibility issues to be had in the first place. Anything that already worked in 7 or 8 seemingly runs fine in 10. Every game I ran through Steam worked, but I suppose I didn't test enough "really old" games to be sure.

In games I was CPU bound in (GTA5, planetside 2, BF4) I have seen a pretty decent increase in performance. Can't wait to get home and reinstall fresh.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jul 24, 2015, 16:08 descender

I bet that guy leads the league in HBP.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 24, 2015, 16:03 descender

Seriously, that guys review style is fucking awful. I just tried to watch a few others and they are not any better whether he seemingly likes the movie or not.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2015, 19:37 descender

I love a good conspiracy when I see one, but the moon landing stuff is not really that convincing. The misquoted JFK speech about communism isn't a good place to start either.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 23, 2015, 18:37 descender

I'm pretty certain that if they would have ran it and failed no one would have said "they should have ran a play less likely to succeed instead!"

Run with Lynch, fake to Lynch and roll out wilson, fake to Lynch and pass outside... these were all better options than throw a slant SHORT of the goalline right where all the linebackers are standing.

It couldn't have possibly been more "the wrong call" unless they punted it.

ALso... The tweet/troll by EA is hilarious.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2015, 18:27 descender

We can't even put a man on the moon (except in a film studio)

Warning, sharks have been jumped. At least your SJW rants aren't the craziest thing you've posted on here anymore.

News Comments > Hearthstone Grand Tournament Expansion Next Month
14. Re: Hearthstone Grand Tournament Expansion Next Month Jul 23, 2015, 18:24 descender

It's not really a "price tag" as much as it is a discounted bundle for the launch. All you actually get for the $50 is 50 random new packs, not the entire set of new cards. Needless to say... I kind of doubt many people will be buying that but the $25 discount for a whale might be worth it.  

1103 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo