Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 750 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition on GOG.com
13. Re: SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition on GOG.com May 30, 2014, 00:36 Mordecai Walfish

Quboid wrote on May 29, 2014, 22:40:
Definitely get NAM, but during installation of the mod you can choose which features to include - I recommend new players turn off all but the couple that actually relate to optimising traffic. There are a few nice additions available if you want but most of it just clutters up the game's menus.

Will do. Thanks for the heads-up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
94. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 22:14 Mordecai Walfish

I'm surprised to not see VGReagle barfing all over this by now.. his mom must have taken him to Chuck-E Cheese tonight Clown Dunce Clown  

News Comments > DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support
37. Re: DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support May 29, 2014, 21:56 Mordecai Walfish

I dont see how you can compare a casual rpg with a competitive online shooter.. the expectations are just different.

If you're trying to attract the hardcore competitive shooter crowd and keep them engaged, you better damn well not be shitting on them with your engine in every match they play.

News Comments > SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition on GOG.com
10. Re: SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition on GOG.com May 29, 2014, 21:41 Mordecai Walfish

I got SimCity4 for free when Origin was giving it out, but haven't played it yet...

Would it be a good idea to just install the NAM mod from the get-go or would you recommend playing vanilla first?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
20. Re: Sergey Brin says he's 'kind of a weirdo' and shouldn't have worked on Google+. May 29, 2014, 20:52 Mordecai Walfish

Google + has been nothing but a burden to people who use google services and has fucked up my youtube account beyond repair apparently.

I don't know exactly when it happened but I somehow got separated into two youtube accounts and have found no way to fix this. It's prevented me from seeing my playlists in XBMC, for example, by making my regular login go to a blank youtube account. Then they force anyone in the comments to have a google+ account just so they can claim higher numbers for their shitty platform.. it's all just a fucking mess.

News Comments > Steam Machines Delayed
33. Re: Steam Machines Delayed May 29, 2014, 03:13 Mordecai Walfish

This will put the release closer to when the new consumer VR headsets are available.

Should be interesting to see if they can roll all of this together and not let "valve-time" push steam machines into irrelevance..

News Comments > New Battlefield Details Leaked?
18. Re: New Battlefield Details Leaked? May 28, 2014, 06:35 Mordecai Walfish

DICE has a long-standing tradition of announcing new Battlefield games before they fix the last one..

In that light.. it seems about time for a new Battlefield announcement =)

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: The Mystery of OAK ISLAND by Visionaire Studio Kickstarter May 27, 2014, 22:12 Mordecai Walfish

A money-pit to fund a game about the money-pit (Oak island).. Classy.

News Comments > AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS
25. Re: AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS May 27, 2014, 22:08 Mordecai Walfish

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 27, 2014, 16:58:
ForgedReality wrote on May 27, 2014, 12:42:
PhysX does work universally, you just have to do it in the CPU with AMD, but it works. I've done it. It only works on nVidia hardware because it's their technology, and they can dictate who gets to use it. I'm sure that even if nVidia offered to license it out, AMD wouldn't pay the fees, and so we'd still be in the same place we are now.

Since then, I think they may have changed the drivers so you can't do that anymore, but that could just be to alleviate any responsibility from people breaking their systems and then trying to blame nVidia or something, but I won't speculate, unlike what some seem to want to do in this thread...
Well except it doesn't work universally. If it worked universally then I could slap a 520GT in my machine and let it do the physx calculations, but I can't. The reason? Because nvidia deliberately crippled their drivers, going as far as reversing gravity and introducing timebombs to slow users machines down to a crawl. If you had both a amd and nvidia card.

I had a problem with Nvidia and AMD "licensed" motherboards a couple years ago when I was trying to run SLI on my motherboard that had dual x16 lanes. IT was only "crossfire compatible" because of paid compatibility agreement bullshit that both nVidia and AMD partake in in order to cripple PC's with certain configurations.

I used the program HyperSLI and it worked wonderfully. Got amazing SLI performance from my crossfire-only board. This also worked to allow nVidia cards as physX and AMD for graphics without compatibility issues or performance drains.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews
67. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 21:55 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on May 27, 2014, 13:38:
Rattlehead wrote on May 27, 2014, 13:36:
Ok, so I downloaded this from TPB(yea sue me, already got burned by AC4 horrible PC port, and Uplay can suck a fat one) and lo and behold, the stuttering in this game makes it nearly unplayable. It seems it's the same type of v-sync issues from AC4 is here.

So yea, save your money.

Hope you got the skidrow version that had the bonus DLC.

ahahahahahahah this made me LOL. It's not just a new scene release.. it's the currency of the future!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 10:37 Mordecai Walfish

Verno wrote on May 27, 2014, 10:01:
Just a sidenote that committing suicide will not stop another players trace.

Tried taking the easy way out, eh?

Multiplayer is looking quite fun in this..

Yakubs wrote on May 27, 2014, 10:14:
It's bad enough that every imagination-deficient American is naming their poor kid Aiden these days -- now imagination-deficient game developers are naming their characters Aiden too?

Ah yes, the ongoing circle-jerk of art imitating life and then art attracting life to imitate it back. I foresee an army of fedora wearing gender-confused youths named Aiden on the rise.. and the currency of the future shall be raw denim and fine Arabica coffee beans

News Comments > Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide
69. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 27, 2014, 10:17 Mordecai Walfish

Quboid wrote on May 27, 2014, 09:19:
Whatever quality GTA4 has that I don't like, and I can't really define it, hopefully it's the same as your problem and Watch Dogs is free from it.

GTA's driving out of the box feels like every car is a 70's impala driving on black ice. The amount of preparation you need to take a corner at high speeds is pretty ridiculous.. it's like they were trying to cater to the drift racing crowd. Very much to GTA4's benefit though, the cars have weight and interact with the road and environment in a much more believable fashion than with Watch_Dogs. Damage modeling is much more believable as well, with hits to the front or back actually damaging headlights, etc, without taking 20 high-speed crashes to do so.

And from what I understand Watch_Dogs does not support modding, so it's unlikely the handling will get much better. In GTA 4 I don't have to stick with the default handling.

I've used this mod with GTA 4 for years and it makes driving much more enjoyable in the game. The cars are matched to the stats of their real-life counterparts and it does a convincingly good job of portraying their individual characteristics. And, of course, if you don't like the way a certain car handles (or all of them) you can edit them individually if you desire. Someone even made a nice GUI program for doing just that.

All that being said.. I *really* look forward to hearing reactions of Watch_Dogs' multiplayer here. From the bits and pieces I've picked up about it thus far, it seems be one of the highlights of the game.

54. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 27, 2014, 07:13 Mordecai Walfish

NKD wrote on May 27, 2014, 03:45:
So a few hours in, I am loving this game. The driving is a little wonky with KB+M especially, but still better than the GTA 4 PC driving for example.

I disagree.

The driving in GTA 4 never looked or felt as plastic or arcadey as it does in this game

News Comments > Memorial Tech Bits
9. Re: Memorial Tech Bits May 27, 2014, 05:48 Mordecai Walfish

NKD wrote on May 26, 2014, 21:22:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 26, 2014, 21:11:
The game has the graphics quality of GTA4..

Yeah it looks exactly like GTA4. You're right.

Literally indistinguishable from Watch Dogs.

Which game is this car from? I can't tell.

This is getting ridiculous. In about 3 days you guys will be saying it looks like Super Mario Bros.

You managed to find bad looking screenshots from a 6 year old game.. Congratulations!

You are the googler of the day, sir.

There are also some really good looking ones, especially with the number of great mods out there. (Can Watch_Dogs be modded or has UBI talked about that at all?)

I agree the graphics are better in Watch Dogs. It has details in places that GTAIV does not. GTAIV also has detail in places that Watch Dogs does not. The character models, animations, shadows, shaders, and lighting in particular are much better in Watch Dogs. (As they should be..) Sorry about the hyperbole in my original post. I'm just a bit disappointed with the performance of Watch Dogs, really. But GTA4 has it's own issues in that department as well and we all know it's launch was a nightmare. Bonus points to Watch Dogs for releasing on PC alongside consoles on day 1, also.

Fantaz wrote on May 27, 2014, 02:53:
i do agree that PC cannot be their target platform (they really said it was?) because the controls, graphics and everything are completely console centric. i'd actually prefer to trade in my PC copy to play it on PS4 at this point now, if that was at all possible.

They sure did.

This comment was edited on May 27, 2014, 06:13.

News Comments > Memorial Tech Bits
1. Re: Memorial Tech Bits May 26, 2014, 21:11 Mordecai Walfish

The game has the graphics quality of GTA4.. a 5 year old title.. but struggles this much on modern GPUs? I would hate to see what it looked like with the consoles being their "target platform". (I would imagine it would look alot like this launch does) It couldn't be that they were lying about the PC being the target.. could it?  

News Comments > Memorial Consolidation
10. Re: Memorial Consolidation May 26, 2014, 20:36 Mordecai Walfish

NKD wrote on May 26, 2014, 14:12:
Remasters of PS3/Xbox360 era games? That would be a colossal waste of time and money.

I would reckon that when The Last of Us is released on PS4 and likely does well, we'll be seeing alot more of these remakes.

I personally cannot believe that they list all of those franchises and leave out ICO/Shadow of the Colossus as being candidates for a next gen remake. That seems pretty obvious.

I'd like to see Square return to their simpler roots with a Final Fantasy 7 remake also.. that game desperately needs a graphical update. Hard to do that with so much nostalgia baked into those blocky little characters though!

31. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 26, 2014, 20:28 Mordecai Walfish

siapnar wrote on May 26, 2014, 19:48:
Live stream: http://www.twitch.tv/watch_dogs_

Warning: The guy REALLY sucks at video gaming

WOW.. I watched that stream for all of 10 minutes and was lucky to catch what I did. Saw a police chase from the rail down to the shore and the dude hopped into one of those sea-taxis and started booking it down the shoreline but when he had the camera turned around hit an embankment and the sea-taxi scuttled up the beach a bit and landed near a 3 foot tall wall. The taxi was angled to the side about 45 degrees off center and when he tried bailing from the boat, he got stuck in the interior, only able to run around to the 3 exits from the ships interior, but the angle of the boat being *slightly* off prevented him from leaving. He was surrounded by like 20 cop cars on the shore and police swarming in from their cars, but was completely invincible to them and his shots from the windows did nothing to the cops either. Absolutely stuck with no option but to load his last save/checkpoint.. hopefully the game has an easy-mode autosave feature.. lol I literally only had to tune in for 10 minutes to see this in action.. I wonder how common bugs like these are?

News Comments > Watch Dogs Videos
65. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 26, 2014, 19:40 Mordecai Walfish

Jerykk wrote on May 26, 2014, 06:37:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 23, 2014, 22:38:
It's pretty sad that UBIsoft had such piss-poor timing with the release. Everyone who pirated this fucker is playing it over the holiday weekend, while the rest of us suckers and our useless preorders have to wait until the work-week starts again.

Pretty sure they didn't plan for the game to be leaked and pirated so early. They could have released the game last Tuesday but then they'd be competing with Wolfenstein and Transistor. To my knowledge, there are no other high profile releases on the 27th.

I was just venting. :-/ I dont know why every game under the sun has decided that Tuesday has to be release day, probably some bean-counter optimized schtick but they could have released it on Friday morning at the beginning of the holiday weekend.. I don't think that would have detracted from sales in the slightest. The 3 games are completely different genres with appeal to a wide range of gamers..

Ah well, no harm done, I actually got to play through south park with a second character this weekend (Jew) and it was a riot. It's nice to have a good South Park game to return to =)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2014, 09:43 Mordecai Walfish

Verno wrote on May 26, 2014, 09:31:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 26, 2014, 02:32:
Speaking of TV, I just started using an app for android and plugin for XBMC called "Cartoon HD", which sounds like a cartoon channel, but contains everything from the top 250 imdb films, to game of thrones, tons of anime and cartoon series.. all in HD.

I couldnt believe how well it worked when I first tried on my HTC One, video loaded/buffered almost instantly and playback was in full HD. Quite a gem of a free app, thats for sure. You have the option to either stream or download when you start also, so if youre going to be in a low reception area or have low data caps and want to download on wifi before watching later, it just works.

Most of that is copyrighted shit though and that app will be nuked from both stores. I'm no saint with my entertainment setup but Blue has told people before not to post stuff like this, just a heads up.

It was explained to me as a royalty-through-advertising app, I didn't realize it was of a questionable nature :-/

That's really unfortunate, as I have literally never seen better performance from a streaming app on my phone..

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
15. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 26, 2014, 02:40 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on May 25, 2014, 18:14:
All I'm seeing is a page of apps now, did it end?

When you go to the link :http://tinyurl.com/10AmazonDollars

You should see a page of 5 apps. All free. Download them all to your android device to get the first 1000. Then if you dont have a kindle, go back to your computer after you have installed the app store on your android device and purchase gta:sa with your coins there after you click past the warning, and you will get 20 dollars in coins for spending 699 coins from the 1000, leaving you with $23.01 in amazon coins. Didnt even know "Amazon coins" existed until today, lol.

The apps are still free and worth 200 coins each, as far as i can tell.

750 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo