Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 840 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 26, 2014, 14:06 Mordecai Walfish

killer_roach wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 11:53:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 19:04:
Remastering games that are less than a year old seems like an odd move.. are they gonna "remaster" the pc version too?

More than likely the "remaster" just gives them the visual content the PC version has had since launch.

The 360, ps3 and PC versions all had identical graphics, just better resolution on the PC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2014, 19:04 Mordecai Walfish

Remastering games that are less than a year old seems like an odd move.. are they gonna "remaster" the pc version too?  

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
41. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 24, 2014, 18:02 Mordecai Walfish

Steam just added music library support to control music playback from the overlay.

Very welcome feature, indeed! I hope it supports streams, trying now.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 24, 2014, 14:07 Mordecai Walfish

UHD wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 12:40:
#bendghazi

LOL

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 24, 2014, 10:44 Mordecai Walfish

Henry Dorsett wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 10:26:
Once again, Riot dodges the real issue: Their ranking system is shit. No matter how well you do, if your team loses, your ranking score drops. You can have 100 kills and no deaths and your team can still lose, so you'll still suffer. Which means, unless you can reliably win every game with zero help from anyone, there's no reliable way to advance in solo-queue ranked play.

Helping your team as best you can in every match is the *only* reliable way to advance in solo queue, even if it means you're not always going to win.

News Comments > PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ Free Week on Steam
3. Re: PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ Free Week on Steam Sep 23, 2014, 13:24 Mordecai Walfish

descender wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 22:30:
My absolute favorite version of pacman. For $3 ($5 bundled with all dlc) this is a must buy.

The trailers make it look a lot faster and out of control than it actually plays. Most of the game is following patterns, switching back and forth from one side of the board to the other. Game speed 50 in the trailers is not something you will be touching at the beginning, and by the time you do... you will be entirely too zen to notice.

Thanks for the recommend! Getting out the arcade stick and downloading now =)

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
34. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 23, 2014, 13:11 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 21:03:
Howzabout a new UI? Some good skins for that UI? The ability to actually remove stuff from our libraries like old betas and such? How about actually really ending Greenlight and stop adding every piece of crap there is to Steam?

Right click the item you would like to remove from your library, choose "set category" and click the box that says "hide this title from my library".

Voila! You will never have to hurt your head again looking at old betas and stuff you don't want on your list.

I just did this with my Steam library and everything is organized with no extra stuff I don't want there. I can't erase from my history that I ever had played or added a beta to my library, but I certainly can clean them up, and you can too! Feel The Power!

I personally would rather have them build an effective and inclusive UI then build multiple ones with unique problems to sort out and waste disk space needlessly. I don't stare at Steam much, it's simply a gateway to games.

Jerykk wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 12:44:
Krovven, I feel like you don't understand how good UI works. If I have to access a separate page to see basic information like how many card drops I have left, that's woefully inefficient.

Overloading screens with useless crap like "card drops" is not what I would consider a "good UI" or efficient.

Also, why on god's green earth would you think a business would do things that would be bad for their business? Showing average play hours can discourage people at either end of a spectrum, looking for something with more depth and play hours or looking for something with less depth and play hours and costing sales because of this inclusion. And to think that any online store would advertize the prices of their competitors to give them more business when they are able to secure a sale or promotion? Or even show their own price history, inciting potential buyers to wait until the price goes down to a certain level. This would counter the regular promotions they have with prices and titles & it's just ridiculous to think that they would ever add this. This just seems like common sense to me.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2014, 19:43.

News Comments > Big Pharma Announced
7. Re: Big Pharma Announced Sep 23, 2014, 12:36 Mordecai Walfish

I feel bad for any game developer who has such shitty systems that they are complaining about 40 minute load times in games that regularly load in a minute to two. What are you developing your game on, Pentiums with that shiny new MMX technology?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2014, 13:21 Mordecai Walfish

lol, thats exactly what i referred to them as too. Didnt use twitter for almost a year and came back to find about a dozen fem-bots on my friends list. Easy to spot they have a pool of "I'm a girl on the rebound" tweets that they all seem to share.  

News Comments > PC GTA5 First-Person Support?
20. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 22, 2014, 13:13 Mordecai Walfish

A toggle to make user-created races force 1st person view would be nice for the online portion. I would have a hell of a lot of fun with that. It wouldn't be something to use on *every* race, but some of them.

I hope for user gta-online servers where you can introduce your own scripting for things like voting systems before races for variables like this too, like in SA:MP.

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
66. Re: New GeForce GPUs & Drivers Sep 20, 2014, 18:55 Mordecai Walfish

Quboid wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 15:54:
This is how I've ended up with two 660s; they don't need to be the exact same model, just the same chip and RAM seems to be fine.

To use SLI with different spec cards (different model/amount of ram)

To use SLI on a "crossfire only" motherboard

Ive used both before and they work flawlessly.

62. Re: New GeForce GPUs & Drivers Sep 20, 2014, 09:33 Mordecai Walfish

Rendition Verite' V1000
Diamond 3dfx Voodoo1
EVGA Geforce 7600GT
EVGA Geforce 88000GT
2nd 8800GT for SLI
GTX480
looking like a 970 next unless the 700 series comes down in price pretty dramatically

DG wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 08:04:
Oh and crap, how is it these days for swapping cards whithout doing an OS reinstall? That would be really quite a nuisance.

The trade between graphics cards will not require much more than a reboot. No worries there.

If your PSU doesn't have the 2nd connector check to see if the card you order contains a converter cable you can use with your PSU. Many higher end cards include that usually.

17. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 11:33 Mordecai Walfish

Darks wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 11:00:
Anyone know if the GTX 770 is actually any better then the new GTX 970 card? I've looked over the stats, and yes the 970 does have a little better specs compared to the GTX 770. so, im wondering which card is actually better.

One other thing I did notice. does the newer cards handle power better?

The 770 has two 8 pronged plugs where the new 970 has gone back to the two 6 pronged plugs. so is this new card now more efficient with power?

The information you are looking for is here: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/maxwell-architecture-gtx-980-970

Spoiler: 970 is better and has much better performance per watt.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced
22. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced Sep 19, 2014, 01:33 Mordecai Walfish

Why does it seem like Final Fantasy games are made solely so they look good in trailers now? I thought FFX was garbage when I saw how linear it is, and 13 felt the same to me. I hear 12 is good so I'm looking forward to giving that a try sometime.

What happened to the magic they used to convey with starting you in dramatic scenarios with fun and interesting characters and then opening up what felt like a huge rpg world to explore and interact with and find the secrets of. How could they possibly leave out that key element and continue on with these playable movies? The direction that Final Fantasy took is really one of the biggest disappointments I've seen in gaming.

noman wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 21:03:
<installing SCPDriver for PS3 controller..>

That's it. From now on, you just need to connect the controller and it will work in any PC game, with proper rumble effects too.

xInput compatibility does not "work in any PC game" and that is essentially what you are locking your PS3 controller into when you install those drivers, a xInput device.

Motioninjoy may be a bitch sometimes, but it allows me to use the PS3 controller in directinput and xinput with various profiles that can be saved for games/emulators which truly makes it invaluable for compatibility purposes. Try playing GTA: San Andreas (Or SA:MP online) with your PS3 controller with only xInput and you'll see exactly what I mean. There are too many good older games that are best played with a controller that make it essential to have good directinput support with your controller as well. It sucks, but that's how Windows controller support ended up.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2014, 01:46.

PC Gaming > Post your FPS config - old school
12. No subject Sep 17, 2014, 13:22 Mordecai Walfish

Having used the numpad since before even the quake days, I actually use W X A D instead of standard because my fingers are so used to the layout of the numpad.

Using the numpad didn't work very well in games that required run and other things, and I always preferred the keys for gaming in a columnar layout instead of staggered like the qwerty section on the keyboard, so I use a wolfking warrior or nostromo or something similar.

I also have always used my right mouse button as jump. For aim down sights/zoom I use the side browser forward button. For reload, I use the browser back mouse button. I have bound melee attack or special attack (wind up heavy barrel, for instance) to spacebar.

Blue, I think you should re-consider having the crouch button on alt because then you are trying to use the same finger for both crouch and jump, when they come in very handy when used together in many games. Crouching and running, on the other hand, never really both work together at the same time in most games, so having the same finger hit (and hold) those keys makes the most sense. Maybe bind your caps-lock to run, and shift to duck and see if that feels comfortable since you don't like ctrl.

News Comments > Bejeweled 3 Free on Origin
4. Re: Bejeweled 3 Free on Origin Sep 16, 2014, 23:47 Mordecai Walfish

Dragon Age: Origins was free about a year ago, along with burnout paradise, mirror's edge, need for speed hot pursuit, crysis and the saboteur  

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
21. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 10:06 Mordecai Walfish

If Microsoft wants to flush 2B down the drain, let them. He can start a new company and be filthy rich with the ability to develop and publish whatever he wishes..  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 5, 2014, 23:15 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 19:38:

Free is huge. I haven't preordered Destiny because what if the 360 version sucks? I played it, and the engine seemed fine (a bit muddy, I suppose) and there was nothing that felt like gameplay was hindered by being on the older system. But would I feel different if I played a new one? I didn't really feel like preordering a game I know I'll play if, at the same time, it's also the game that would get me to buy a new console.

Unlikely as it is, at least I now know I wouldn't have to rebuy it. Now I'll look and see if any preorder perks are worthwhile enough to preorder. Also seems unlikely, but at least I've played this game so I know what to expect.

From what I read you cannot pre-order this on 360 (digital), so you do not have the option of getting pre-order bonuses and then a free next-gen upgrade. PS3/4 users can though.

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth in November
3. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth in November Sep 5, 2014, 22:39 Mordecai Walfish

Great game. I've played tons of this (100+ hrs) with the controls mapped to an arcade stick and very much look forward to the re-release and getting to see the new content without the restrictions of the flash based engine  

News Comments > New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players
29. Re: New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players Aug 28, 2014, 17:11 Mordecai Walfish

I had so much hope for quakelive when it was first announced and then for about a year after it was released.. but then they started on this repeated trend of dividing an already fledgling community and I stopped playing because of the repeated mismanagement that was going on with the quakelive project.

With it coming to steam this nerfed version may be popular with people just starting to play, but what happens when they decide they want to get better? They have this obstacle of re-learning the game with different mechanics, in a game that takes umpteen thousand hours to even be slightly competent in the current competitive scene.

It's an interesting idea.. but not a good one.

I guess there's the interesting idea that it will be much easier for people playing with gamepads in steam's big picture mode. If it was limited to gamepad-only players this might actually make alot of sense, because they would never be competitive with kb/m players in the first place, and the gamepad makes some of the changed mechanics very difficult to pull off.

840 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo