Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 781 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rust Rewrite
4. Re: Rust Rewrite Jul 3, 2014, 04:09 Mordecai Walfish

The testers were informed of this around feburary or March, and this news is almost a quarter of a year old now. During the whole time, early access "testers" were able to log into the new experimental branch from steam by selecting it from the properties like any open beta/test for a game in steam. The only new news here is that they are far enough along with it that they now actively give you a choice when launching the game to choose between the old version and the experimental branch. None of this was hidden to anyone who played the original early access release, and they have held true to their promise of providing updates on the state of development each and every Friday, sometimes more often.

If you're looking for examples of "shady developers" or "early access/kickstarter fuckery", you'll need to seek elsewhere.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Escape Dead Island Announced
12. Re: Escape Dead Island Announced Jul 2, 2014, 05:55 Mordecai Walfish

I had alot of fun with the co-op in dead island with 3 of my friends. Never played any of the DLC or anything, but there were parts in the game that were very memorable playing with friends, a couple of which were very fun engine glitches and exploits that were stumbled upon that provided a certain degree of emergent gameplay in the limited "open-world" areas.

Sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but at least it was a decent departure from regular zombie schlock. Modding mouse movement to swing the weapons with arm control instead of standard mouse1 swings was fun too, and set it apart as well.

Crap story, true.. but who in their right mind plays zombie games for the story?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 30, 2014, 08:57 Mordecai Walfish

Anyone here played Space Engineers? Impressions?

That's the only title I don't already own from this list that has me somewhat interested..

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 21:11 Mordecai Walfish

Goat Simulator is pretty much "look, I made something in unity!" and is only remotely entertaining for a very short while. Maybe to people who are smoking weed 24/7 it's got longer term entertainment value.. but to me it seemed very boring. Glad I "rented" it first.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 21:07 Mordecai Walfish

Got a fantastic burger joint named Zombie Burger that is somewhat close has great undead decor/atmosphere and some amazing burgers. Very well prepared and the toppings while unusual at times (fried egg and peanut butter on a 1/2 lb burger, for example), are really well thought out and delicious too.

The owners of Zombie Burger just opened up a new burger joint that's even closer to me called Syndicate, also. It is Syndicate/Organized Crime themed. I prefer zombie's menu more but having to only drive half as far is a nice perk, as well as the 1920's vibe to the place.

Never even seen a five guys burger joint though..

News Comments > Goat Simulator for OS X and Linux
5. Re: Goat Simulator for OS X and Linux Jun 28, 2014, 07:17 Mordecai Walfish

Still waiting for the "goat stimulator" mod before plunking down for this one. Smoking  

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
30. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 18:41 Mordecai Walfish

3 words:

Carl muthafuckin Gustav.

News Comments > MS: "We Are Continuing to Support the GFWL Service"
11. Re: MS: Jun 22, 2014, 15:13 Mordecai Walfish

GFWL is the zombie of gaming "services" on PC now.. I think it's best for all parties involved that they put a bullet in it's head finally.

And yet here it is, still groaning "Gaaaaaaaaames"..

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 20, 2014, 17:20 Mordecai Walfish

Fuck Xbox One and Fuck Halo. Microsoft is on the decline and nobody wants their shitty gaming platform or their shitty versions of Bungie's game.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 20, 2014, 17:11 Mordecai Walfish

ViRGE wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:22:
"Petition - Release Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC"

The fact that this petition even exists shows that the petitioner doesn't understand anything about the business. Halo is specifically not on the PC because Halo is meant to sell Xboxes.

Microsoft is such a continual stream of fuckery it isn't even funny anymore. They shat on PC gaming for how long after promoting it as the best place for it, and then even several years after their xbox releases, they cannot even be bothered to port their flagship titles to the PC platform they dominate. The "sell xboxes" shit goes out the window when you realize they haven't even released titles from the last generation of xboxes on PC.. it's not like people are even asking for the newest versions on PC. They have garnered so much ill will from gamers and PC users (a large percentage of whom are also gamers) that it's surprising they are even selling their shitboxes anymore.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 20, 2014, 17:01 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 10:59:
The judge is wrong on this and here's why. As stated, yes anyone can go to Google.com/fr/uk/et al, and search for those results. And these are legal entities in sovereign nations to which Canadian law does not apply. So it's akin to a Canadian taking a trip to another country and doing the search there, which is perfectly legal. This ruling was overbroad and will be quashed on appeal. Bank on it.

Well said, Sparky =P

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
7. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 16, 2014, 13:12 Mordecai Walfish

Orogogus wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 12:39:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 09:19:
the d-pad on this device is a fucking travesty. Why on earth is it so hard to get this right!? Nintendo and Sony seem to understand how it's supposed to work.. (admittedly havent tried the xbone d-pad yet, but the 360 original was a trainwreck)

My understanding is that there are a ton of patent issues around d-pads, and Nintendo's design in particular. When you see something particularly goofy, like the 360's pop-up d-pad, it's almost certainly an attempt to do a patent run-around.

Well if they don't take the time to find a clever way to make a decent d-pad they are pretty much removing entire genres from what I would consider playable on such a device.

The pop-out one for 360 was actually okay, light years beyond the original, for sure. Fuckin' patents.. why do these companies insist on being such d-bags about their d-pads. (couldn't resist)

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2014, 13:09 Mordecai Walfish

descender wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 11:30:
3. Spintires

Someone please explain this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiOt7SuHGPM

Shitty dubstep trailer and mud-truckin'. Yeee-haawobbwobbwobbwobb!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details
36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details Jun 16, 2014, 10:57 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 11:26:
Bludd wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 11:13:
If GTA V PC follows Max Payne 3 PC in the technical department, it will not be GTA IV all over again.

Yup. Added bonus is that MP3 and GTA5 run on the same engine, so that should help.

I can't imagine that Rockstar would go to the effort of doing a PC version with all these upgraded things (showing they actually ARE putting effort into it), and then just half-ass the performance part again like they did with 4.

Then again, it IS the game industry, and half-ass'ing shit seems to be the way to do things...

I believe that GTAIV was the first PC title to use the RAGE engine that powers all of these, and it would be a safe bet, given how much better MP3 performs, that we should expect much better performance in GTAV when it is released.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 16, 2014, 10:49 Mordecai Walfish

Pretty sad that the XB1 can't even run a game like Diablo 3 @ 1080p. More "next-gen" failure  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
21. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 16, 2014, 10:00 Mordecai Walfish

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 20:36:
my cell phone bill is miniscule ($40 with unlimited everything and 4G LTE) compared to my peers and their $100+ cell phone bills.

Are you talking about some grandfathered plan you have or is this an actual thing that anyone can actively sign up for?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 16, 2014, 09:42 Mordecai Walfish

Hopefully this means I can can pick up a decently priced 860 or 870 around the time GTAV is released on PC Allthumbsup  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 16, 2014, 09:19 Mordecai Walfish

the d-pad on this device is a fucking travesty. Why on earth is it so hard to get this right!? Nintendo and Sony seem to understand how it's supposed to work.. (admittedly havent tried the xbone d-pad yet, but the 360 original was a trainwreck)  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
78. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 11, 2014, 07:21 Mordecai Walfish

Fuck. Yes. I'll be building a new machine by the time this is released (no doubt before black friday) and am looking forward to finally playing through this on maxxed 1440 PC goodness.

Smart move for Rockstar financially with how they are releasing this a year apart, as well. With how much this game cost to develop, releasing on older platforms that it was originally focused on first and then updating it for pc/newer platforms really maximizes their return on this one, and I believe without a doubt that it is a worthwhile purchase after playing the PS3 version with a friend last year.

If you have absolutely no problem paying $150 for beta access to a barely finished game on PC, but rag on this for being the same price as the original release a year earlier, you need to *seriously* step back and take things into perspective.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 6, 2014, 05:24 Mordecai Walfish

mag wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 02:57:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 02:38:
Redmask wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 23:13:
Beamer wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 21:37:
But this is actually meaningful. They released resources reserved for Kinect. It's not PR fluff, it's an actual improvement. Modest, but still tangible.

No it's pretty much PR fluff, a 10% reservation isn't going to make up the difference in CUs and Microsoft can't do anything there without new hardware.

Consoles are kind of retarded these days, a glorified x86 PC that has to last 8+ years is absurd with the sort of pace we're seeing from other devices. Microsoft utterly failed PC gaming despite every advantage in the world so I shouldn't be surprised they are fucking up their console efforts too.

For sure the XB1 & PS4 should have come out 2 years earlier in their current iterations. They definitely waited too long.

One of the interesting things with using a standard PC architecture is that in four years (instead of eight) they can come out with XB2 (or PS5) with whatever specs they want, and it will be completely backward compatible, making the transition much smoother. New games can use all the new goodies, old games can be patched to run in full 1080P 60FPS with stuff like tessellation enabled, etc giving them new life. The cost of switching to a different system increases, since all their old favs are still playable and look better, etc.

I'm not really sure what their game is these days. In a sane consumer-friendly world, what you say is true. On the other hand, I think they are extremely excited about the idea of selling you your 360/PS3 games all over again this gen, and your XB1/PS4 games all over again next gen.

I think thats what the point is, the architecture choice this generation will make it much easier for them to repackage the same shit next time around..

781 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo