Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 768 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details
36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details Jun 16, 2014, 10:57 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 11:26:
Bludd wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 11:13:
If GTA V PC follows Max Payne 3 PC in the technical department, it will not be GTA IV all over again.

Yup. Added bonus is that MP3 and GTA5 run on the same engine, so that should help.

I can't imagine that Rockstar would go to the effort of doing a PC version with all these upgraded things (showing they actually ARE putting effort into it), and then just half-ass the performance part again like they did with 4.

Then again, it IS the game industry, and half-ass'ing shit seems to be the way to do things...

I believe that GTAIV was the first PC title to use the RAGE engine that powers all of these, and it would be a safe bet, given how much better MP3 performs, that we should expect much better performance in GTAV when it is released.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 16, 2014, 10:49 Mordecai Walfish

Pretty sad that the XB1 can't even run a game like Diablo 3 @ 1080p. More "next-gen" failure  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
21. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 16, 2014, 10:00 Mordecai Walfish

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 20:36:
my cell phone bill is miniscule ($40 with unlimited everything and 4G LTE) compared to my peers and their $100+ cell phone bills.

Are you talking about some grandfathered plan you have or is this an actual thing that anyone can actively sign up for?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 16, 2014, 09:42 Mordecai Walfish

Hopefully this means I can can pick up a decently priced 860 or 870 around the time GTAV is released on PC Allthumbsup  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 16, 2014, 09:19 Mordecai Walfish

the d-pad on this device is a fucking travesty. Why on earth is it so hard to get this right!? Nintendo and Sony seem to understand how it's supposed to work.. (admittedly havent tried the xbone d-pad yet, but the 360 original was a trainwreck)  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
78. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 11, 2014, 07:21 Mordecai Walfish

Fuck. Yes. I'll be building a new machine by the time this is released (no doubt before black friday) and am looking forward to finally playing through this on maxxed 1440 PC goodness.

Smart move for Rockstar financially with how they are releasing this a year apart, as well. With how much this game cost to develop, releasing on older platforms that it was originally focused on first and then updating it for pc/newer platforms really maximizes their return on this one, and I believe without a doubt that it is a worthwhile purchase after playing the PS3 version with a friend last year.

If you have absolutely no problem paying $150 for beta access to a barely finished game on PC, but rag on this for being the same price as the original release a year earlier, you need to *seriously* step back and take things into perspective.

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 6, 2014, 05:24 Mordecai Walfish

mag wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 02:57:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 02:38:
Redmask wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 23:13:
Beamer wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 21:37:
But this is actually meaningful. They released resources reserved for Kinect. It's not PR fluff, it's an actual improvement. Modest, but still tangible.

No it's pretty much PR fluff, a 10% reservation isn't going to make up the difference in CUs and Microsoft can't do anything there without new hardware.

Consoles are kind of retarded these days, a glorified x86 PC that has to last 8+ years is absurd with the sort of pace we're seeing from other devices. Microsoft utterly failed PC gaming despite every advantage in the world so I shouldn't be surprised they are fucking up their console efforts too.

For sure the XB1 & PS4 should have come out 2 years earlier in their current iterations. They definitely waited too long.

One of the interesting things with using a standard PC architecture is that in four years (instead of eight) they can come out with XB2 (or PS5) with whatever specs they want, and it will be completely backward compatible, making the transition much smoother. New games can use all the new goodies, old games can be patched to run in full 1080P 60FPS with stuff like tessellation enabled, etc giving them new life. The cost of switching to a different system increases, since all their old favs are still playable and look better, etc.

I'm not really sure what their game is these days. In a sane consumer-friendly world, what you say is true. On the other hand, I think they are extremely excited about the idea of selling you your 360/PS3 games all over again this gen, and your XB1/PS4 games all over again next gen.

I think thats what the point is, the architecture choice this generation will make it much easier for them to repackage the same shit next time around..

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Drivers
24. Re: Xbox One Controller Windows Drivers Jun 6, 2014, 05:12 Mordecai Walfish

Fantaz wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 21:00:

but one thing the PS4 controller can do that the other one can't is be able to use the touchpad in Windows as a mouse. also the gyroscope works so you can program it to do stuff, and even adjust the light on the controller or turn it off completely.

The PS4 controller is friggin sweet when used in a media center setup (I use one for XBMC). When I get a WiiU I'm hoping for similar functionality, hopefully someone has made an effort for compatibility with that tablet-controller.. I could see that being an awesome media center controller.

News Comments > Shards Online Preview Weekend Underway
2. Re: Shards Online Preview Weekend Underway Jun 5, 2014, 23:47 Mordecai Walfish

I kicked in $20 towards this on the KS. Was really hoping for a proper follow-up to ultima-online with this one, as Richard Garriot's Shard of The Avatar just looks like the unholy union of a shitty rpg and "The Sims". I can't believe the money people are pouring into that terrible looking game just so they can have nice houses in-game..  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
102. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 5, 2014, 06:05 Mordecai Walfish

Lord Tea wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 04:30:
Tom wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 21:24:
Just spent an hour of actual flight time doing the Vanduul Swarm. Eh, it's ok. Has potential. Maybe more than I would've expected. As I played more and got a little better, it got better. Still, it's lightyears behind Elite: Dangerous.

Stuff that sucked about Arena Commander: [...]

What's the point of your rant? It doesn't help anybody, neither the developers (do you believe they check BluesNews for comments?), nor the gamers. You're testing alpha code of a part of an unfinished game! Quoting from the SC webpage:
Remember: V0.8 is just the beginning. It’s the start of a hard push for the development team as we head towards V0.9 and finally V1.0, at which point Arena Commander will be ‘feature complete’ with the modes, maps and options promised at PAX. By the time V1.0 drops, we aim for the entire community to have access to the multiplayer game modes!

That's just, like.. his opinion on this release, man.

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 4, 2014, 21:27 Mordecai Walfish

Blast processing!

The power differences and resulting PR circus reminds me very much of the Super Nintendo vs Genesis days.. except MS fucked up big time compared to anything sega did in that generation. Can't wait to see their equivalent of the 32x

News Comments > Tetris Ultimate Announced
1. Re: Tetris Ultimate Announced Jun 4, 2014, 14:25 Mordecai Walfish

*Yawn* The title to this just screams "casual".. Wake me when we're at Ultra Tetris Master IV : Arcade Edition.

News Comments > New U.K. Sales Charts
4. Re: New U.K. Sales Charts Jun 3, 2014, 02:54 Mordecai Walfish

InBlack wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:06:
I have fond memories of playing the original Mario Kart, on the superNES. Or was it Mario Kart 2? Anyways, rose-tinted glasses in full on nostalgia mode engaged!

The original Mario Kart was the SuperNES version, Super Mario Kart.

It's looking like the only console that I will be buying this generation is probably going to be WiiU. It's the only real game console that remains, the others have seemed to just become less powerful PCs with "exclusives" sprinkled here and there.

It's nice that, even with underpowered hardware compared to the big two, they seem to make the best console experience still with their games and focus on bringing people together IRL for some of the most memorable game experiences out there. I hope they make good enough decisions going forward that they remain a viable console gaming platform. My PC does everything else I really need. I still use the PS3 for DLNA in the home theater room, for which it does an admirable job. If the WiiU supports DLNA that would blow the PS3 out of the water from a functionality standpoint.. with the convenience of the included touchscreen for media control.

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Performance Patch Plans
50. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 20:33 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on May 30, 2014, 18:08:

It's just sad to see how little stuff there is in WD, while said stuff IS in GTA*4*.

FTFY

Small example: run over a fire hydrant in GTA4 and you can see what happens when a developer knows that details matter.

News Comments > Morning Clickbait
4. Re: Morning Clickbait May 30, 2014, 19:33 Mordecai Walfish

Woo hoo! Clickbait! 2step auth and high security standards prevent me from feeling any need to click it too =)  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
64. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 18:54 Mordecai Walfish

Nothing says "Elite" like a $150 beta!

LOL

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition May 30, 2014, 18:40 Mordecai Walfish

If only Namco would pull their head out of their asses and release Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on PC I would be in fighting game heaven right now.

It warms my heart to see games I love ditching GFWL though, going to play the steamworks multiplayer tonight and see how smoothly the transition is going

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Free Weekend
8. Re: PAYDAY 2 Free Weekend May 30, 2014, 04:51 Mordecai Walfish

Nope, the AI is still just there to take fire from enemies and shoot back a little bit.

If you're playing a game like this with AI though, you're doing it wrong. This is meant to be 4 human players against the cop AI, and is a much better game when played that way. You shouldn't have any problems finding a game with humans.

If you want to avoid meeting any "colorful" individuals over the voice chat you can turn that off too.

News Comments > SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition on GOG.com
13. Re: SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition on GOG.com May 30, 2014, 00:36 Mordecai Walfish

Quboid wrote on May 29, 2014, 22:40:
Definitely get NAM, but during installation of the mod you can choose which features to include - I recommend new players turn off all but the couple that actually relate to optimising traffic. There are a few nice additions available if you want but most of it just clutters up the game's menus.

Will do. Thanks for the heads-up.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
94. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 22:14 Mordecai Walfish

I'm surprised to not see VGReagle barfing all over this by now.. his mom must have taken him to Chuck-E Cheese tonight Clown Dunce Clown  

768 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo