Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 714 (Apprentice)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Retro City Rampage
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Retro City Rampage Oct 10, 2012, 01:06 Mordecai Walfish

It's finally out and well worth the wait!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Primal Carnage Beta Underway
5. Re: Primal Carnage Beta Underway Oct 9, 2012, 07:31 Mordecai Walfish

Wasnt there a crappy arcade fighting game in the 90's with dinosaurs called "Primal Carnage"?  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned
20. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 07:26 Mordecai Walfish

Just another nail in the EA/DICE coffin..  

News Comments > PC Retro City Rampage This Week
3. Re: PC Retro City Rampage This Week Oct 7, 2012, 16:15 Mordecai Walfish

Its been a long time coming. Was worried this one would slip to 2013 with the lack of updates around release time..  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2012, 21:45 Mordecai Walfish

I don't see what the big f-ing deal is, guys.

-Mordecai Walfish

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 1, 2012, 11:37 Mordecai Walfish

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 09:27:
It would be if we'd stop making government bigger, end corporate lobbying and cut spending arm over foot.

Oh heavens NO! That would probably mean reducing our measly military budget wouldn't it? Well that's not going to happen anytime soon! The military industrial complex has the most effective & embedded "lobbyists" that money can buy.

PC Gaming > Guild Wars 2 Guild
27. No subject Sep 23, 2012, 16:56 Mordecai Walfish

I'm also on Tarnished Coast

Asuran Thief named Cojiro Amakusa

PC Gaming > Any MechWarrior Online Players Want To Team Up?
1. Any MechWarrior Online Players Want To Team Up? Sep 23, 2012, 16:48 Mordecai Walfish

Been playing the beta for a little over a week now and would like to find some fellow MechWarriors here to group up with.

I pilot a variety of mechs, with my highest DPS one currently a Hunchback 4J. I'm quite proficient in Jenners as well and do quite prefer the quicker pace of these mechs, being a Quake player and everything.

Hit me up in the game's friends list, same name as here on blues.

News Comments > Castle Crashers on Steam This Week
4. Re: Castle Crashers on Steam This Week Sep 23, 2012, 13:13 Mordecai Walfish

Awesome! Been looking forward to playing this since I first saw it. Also probably gonna check out the half-minute hero title coming to steam, the one on PSP was pretty fun once you got the mechanics down, and it's really surprising to see a version coming to steam. Love the variety of games on their way.

Just beat FTL for the first time today too! The teleporter helped immensely in the final battle(s), as I was just able to send down my Rock/Mantis goon squad to each separate weapon and take them out, starting with the triple missile launcher. The cloaking device was also a great help when they did their panzer strikes. Unlocked 2 ships on this playthrough: the 2nd plan for the Kestrel and the one you get for winning!

Now that I've beaten it though it's time to shed the training wheels and play on normal difficulty from here on out. Amazing game ^_^

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 22, 2012, 01:31 Mordecai Walfish

The cloud article has some merit, but it does not mean the death of consoles as the "PC Master Race" (seemingly) hopes.

There is a coming sea-change in the underlying technologies and what is feasible, one that is predicted to happen within the next 10 years by many, and that is close to the current lifespan of consoles.

Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony will still have their beloved IP's and they will build them into a different platform. This means things like AR/VR, Cloud, and a smaller box that they will not have to take a loss on as they do with their current hardware (nintendo being the exception to that). The kinect, wii and ps move, as well as their efforts to make the online components a huge factor in their current consoles (again with nintendo as the exception) are clear signs of the direction things are heading.

The article about Wii U's "slow CPU" is an obviously biased one at heart.. they go so far as to mention that the GPU will be a AMD 7-series but then go on to explain that it will only be in the quality range of DirectX 10 level graphics, which is an outright fabrication that seems to be aimed at putting some doubts in people's heads before the launch. AMD/ATI has had DX11 in their GPU's since long before the 7 series, yet in the article they chose to characterize it in this fashion.. seems just a bit fishy.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Sep 21, 2012, 19:35 Mordecai Walfish

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 06:53:
Rattlehead wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 00:14:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 20:26:
From what I've read the land masses for Morrowind and Oblivion are already in the default game...
I vaguely remember a quote from one of the designers saying they put in those blank landscapes as a reference point to designing the landscape of Skyrim so it match the surrounding regions.

Really cool if true. I'd love to be able to keep walking and walking from one part of Tamriel to the other. I miss the magic/spell creation system from morrowind. Skyrim's magic is pretty piss poor and i dont like the midas magic mod very much.

It is true, but the only thing besides basic landmass form is the imperial city, as was discovered shortly after skyrim released:

http://www.geekosystem.com/skyrim-explorer-travels-morrowind-oblivion/

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
10. Re: Morning Screenshots Sep 21, 2012, 19:22 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 15:05:
I'm guessing the sheep shagging and farmer's daughter material will be DLC?

Ah yes.. the "Cliffside Romance" dlc =)

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
4. Re: Morning Screenshots Sep 21, 2012, 12:44 Mordecai Walfish

Still waiting on "Parking Lot Construction Simulator 2012" or "Finding Bugs Under a Rock Simulator 2012" before I jump on the sim bandwagon.  

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: [CLASSIFIED] times and counting Sep 21, 2012, 12:35 Mordecai Walfish

Quboid wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 08:17:
space captain wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 21:47:
Quboid wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 20:58:
space captain wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 20:15:
yeh, more predictions from the pachter-wannabe "oracles", huh

it may be a better idea to talk to people who are actually experienced in many instances of a certain activity... rather than listen to hypothetical bullshit from spectators and armchair heroes that only have their daydreams and fantasies to rely on

Honestly, if you want to troll, you will have to be much more coherent. I genuinely don't know what you're talking about; I only get the gist enough to know you're attempting to insult ... someone. Destructoid? KickStarter? Blue? Us?

well honestly you have no fucking clue what im doing, and i dont have the desire to explain it to you, even if you were able to understand, which you arent

but the post below was directed at my main man Julio.. and anyone else who thinks their armchair "XP" entitles them to speak as if they are experts on any given topic... so.. if the shoe fits, then wear it SON

im having fun posting whatever i please, just like you

so honestly, dont worry about what im doing - worry about what you are doing.. unless you want another big serving of "fuck off".. and i cant blame you if you do, since im just so irresistible to interact with

Daaaaamn, I got told!

(I think.)

Time to let the lonely troll be lonely. Hopefully his mom still comes over once and a while to cook him a packet of ramen.. lol

News Comments > Kickstarter Policy Changes
6. Re: Kickstarter Policy Changes Sep 21, 2012, 12:20 Mordecai Walfish

I hope they protect the integrity of what they are trying to achieve, as recent reports about publishers trying to work their shadowy magic to get kickstarter funds are a bit disheartening.

I know that I, for one, would instantly boycott purchasing games from any large publisher who would try pulling BS like this. (..as if they don't give me enough reasons already to do so)

Edit: Holy crap Blackspace looks like a really cool idea! Definitely getting in on that one as well. Seems like it should be part of a much larger game though, but a cool idea nonetheless.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2012, 12:31.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Sep 21, 2012, 12:12 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 21:35:
Fucking LOL! Just seeing that headline sent me into paroxysms of laughter! Holy shitballs that's funny!

Edit: Ok, some good jokes in the comments for that article but this one almost made me pee my pants laughing....

I hope I die peacefully like my grandpa and not screaming and helpless like the other people in the car he was driving.

Ahahahaha!

I thought that comment was especially hilarious too =)

In all seriousness though, with all of the people being plowed over by senior drivers and obvious damage being done to expensive-to-replace structures, we need a system that is able to test for reaction time and judgement be a mandatory part of retiring at a certain age to be able to continue to drive your own vehicle.

Maybe with the recent revolutions in latency-minimized VR we could achieve this in the near future, with realistic simulations and response/accuracy tests for elderly drivers.. this would probably save a life or two, at least.

News Comments > Steam EU Legal Conflict
11. Re: Steam EU Legal Conflict Sep 21, 2012, 11:58 Mordecai Walfish

I always thought there was something repugnant about having to agree to a new EULA every time a new goddamn patch comes out for games I've paid money to play, which would completely block me out if I decided not to agree to the new terms of the month.

Thinking about losing an entire steam library over a similar situation would be just about the most fucked up thing amongst any of those "updated EULA's", and I hope the case not only rules against Valve/Steam, but also sets a precedent to be followed in other nations where consumer rights are supposedly "protected".

Like others have said, even the ability to opt-out of a new EULA and just not be able to purchase games from steam anymore would be acceptable, but it's unlikely that would ever happen as they would have to maintain older "pre-updated EULA" versions of steam for customers that decided against this, or perhaps just cut the online tether altogether -- but, would this make it so all the user's multiplayer games are no longer functional as such?

Theres been some very shaky ground here and I'm glad the EU, at least, seems to have the balls (..or attention span) to do something about it.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 21:27 Mordecai Walfish

Crustacean Soup wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 21:08:
Urgh, Java. Big ol' security risk that is.

Also, see how long that site stays up before Nintendo notices.

Agreed on the java part.. but that site operates without directly providing roms, they only have the emulator hosted there and the roms are provided from various 3rd party sites, loaded on-demand when you play a game.

Interesting tactic that would put the pressure on the actual rom hosting sites, presumably.

nintendo8 has been up for years with no takedowns so far.. anyway

News Comments > Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions
14. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 20, 2012, 21:16 Mordecai Walfish

"The landscape is a little different than a few years ago"

Seems to me MMO's were being released and tanking at about the same rate as they are now "a few years ago" (3-5?), maybe it's just the perception that all mmo's have to be f2p now thats changed most? Or perhaps he's just talking about the economy in general..

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans
11. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 15:45 Mordecai Walfish

I still have Mass Effect 1&2 on the backburner in my steam catalog.. probably should get around to playing through those but hearing about 3's ending I think has made me less enthusiastic to play them. Maybe in 2013 ^_^  

714 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo