Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 769 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2 Oct 31, 2012, 23:09 Mordecai Walfish

KTR wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 22:53:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 20:40:
Black Mesa looked and performed much better.

Black Mesa - Source engine developed by a multi-billion dollar corporation, Valve.

Natural Select 2 - Spark engine developed by one guy, Max.

So what you are saying is all true, but the little guys some slack .

Really compared to the performance of many Source mods, like Pirates Vikings and Knights 2 or No More Room In Hell.. this isn't really that bad.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2 Oct 31, 2012, 17:17 Mordecai Walfish

40-65 FPS on a GTX480

with Ambient Occlusion off, 50-80

Oh and both with no Antialiasing enabled as I don't like the blurry post process AA routine implemented by this game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
175. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 12:36 Mordecai Walfish

Oh what a goldmine this thread has become, hahaha that george lucas facebook link was priceless.

Thanks for the laughs & smiles everyone =)

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
26. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 19:52 Mordecai Walfish

Axis wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 16:25:
CONTROL of others is a liberal thing

Axis wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 12:17:
And UN control is exactly a liberal thing, you won't see any republicans advocating shit like that.

You are obviously under CONTROL of something if you believe that.

Hahaha.. this is beyond words.. I can only imagine what all the *REMOVED* posts are.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2012, 16:55 Mordecai Walfish

Just had a pop-up takeover ad (with audio) from Call of Duty Black Ops II when visiting the front page, Blue.  

News Comments > GTA5 in Spring?
23. Re: GTA5 in Spring? Oct 28, 2012, 20:45 Mordecai Walfish

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 17:14:
Well, to be fair, MP3 is not a huge, open world with all these AI interactions and long draw distances and rather good physics. But on the other hand, I'd say the majority of performance issues people had with GTA IV were because they're used to not needing a good CPU on top of a capable graphics card. It was, in fact, the most CPU-intensive game in recent memory. I remember upgrading from a Core 2 Duo to a quad-core i7 and practically doubling my FPS, with the same GPU, meaning there was a huge bottleneck. That, and most people are quick to cry about framerate dropping below 50 in any game... get over it.

GTA4 is so CPU restricted, that even with the best graphics cards out there, to maintain over 60 fps minimum you need an equivalent of a sandy/ivy bridge ~2600k with the clock at ~4.5ghz. (at it's highest graphics settings)

This is a side effect from the port, obviously.. but when GTA5 is released they will have had much more time and experience with this engine than when IV was released. I'm optimistic about the optimizations they've (hopefully) done since the last gta released.

News Comments > New Pirates, Vikings and Knights II
3. Re: New Pirates, Vikings and Knights II Oct 27, 2012, 18:23 Mordecai Walfish

Rattlehead wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 14:27:
As a long time player of PVKII I feel these combat tweaks were completely unnecessary and botched the HK class so he is nothing but a sitting duck now.

Lets hope it takes less than 2 years to release the man at arms.

Heavy Knight is still the most powerful class in the game, IMO. It's all in how you play him.

News Comments > Star Citizen Stretch Goals
6. Re: Star Citizen Stretch Goals Oct 27, 2012, 13:50 Mordecai Walfish

Agreed.

Huge amounts of Kickstarter loot for: Your own personal repair droid to start with!.. something that will be in the game either way but throw more money at us now and *you* can have one from the start, every game!

And then 1.75 million later.. a new SHIP will be added to the game! You can build real-life space ships for that much.. how much R&D is going into this "ship"? lol Are they prototyping it on mars before coding it into the game?

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2012, 15:30.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 26, 2012, 19:51 Mordecai Walfish

Good Riddance.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Open Beta Next Week
1. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Next Week Oct 26, 2012, 19:48 Mordecai Walfish

Any blues regulars that want to play this with competent teams (and voice chat) when it comes out.. just log into the C3 voice program that is with MW:O and do a search for "dropship 1" "dropship 2" "dropship 3" or "dropship 4".

We always have players looking for group games in there and the game really shines with proper teamwork & voice chat.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch
2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch Oct 26, 2012, 19:40 Mordecai Walfish

Can't Wait! I was a fan of Tremulous back in the day & pre-ordered this a while ago.. it's been shaping up well from the looks of things!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2012, 13:47 Mordecai Walfish

crypto wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 12:54:
Every few months you should mention something about white listing adblock

Agreed! I just reformatted a couple months ago and had forgotten to whitelist blues on Adblock+ and allow everything through noscript for your site..

Fixed and Fixed.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 26, 2012, 13:37 Mordecai Walfish

Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.. *and* PlayStation Plus!  

News Comments > Distance Kickstarter
25. Re: Distance Kickstarter Oct 25, 2012, 16:03 Mordecai Walfish

John wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 15:50:
Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 15:18:
Clearly you never played the greatest car game of all time...Insterstate '76! Best car physics ever. I'd pony up a lot for a KS that was a true legacy game of I76!
+1! I would like to see another I'76 game myself! Really enjoyed the gameplay and soundtrack. The sequel (I'82) wasn't nearly as good IMO and the physics weren't the same either.

Interstate '76 would be a different story indeed! Even if it was just to remake the original for modern systems I would back that in a heartbeat.

News Comments > Distance Kickstarter
10. Re: Distance Kickstarter Oct 25, 2012, 11:06 Mordecai Walfish

Racing games are a genre that I dont think I'm going to get behind for any kickstarters, as my favorite elements usually involve a rock solid physics engine and realistic/destructible environments & vehicles. Both of these things are pretty much non-existent or poorly slapped together in the lower budget racers..

Heck one of the only reasons I play GTA4 anymore is to enjoy multiplayer races with friends, which are still a blast.

But for a kickstarter I'm gonna have to wait to see the finished product before jumping on any racing titles.

News Comments > DiRT 4 Hints?
3. Re: DiRT 4 Hints? Oct 24, 2012, 13:17 Mordecai Walfish

Trevellian wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 09:56:
They lost my interest in the series when they added the Gymkhana bullshit and made it a mandatory part of the Championship/Season. It's unfortunate because Dirt 3 did do other things right, like clean up the menu screen, make the game less about the "Xtreme" feeling. But Gymkhana... sucked balls.

It made me go back and play Dirt 2 more instead. When I sit down to play a Rally game, I want just the Rallycross and actual Point to Point Rally's that go on for miles and miles. Guess it's back to playing WRC.

Agreed. The rally tracks in Dirt 3 were excellent IMO and I hope they spin that gymkhana bullshit into it's own title finally or just drop it completely. That tripe has absolutely no place in a rally game.

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers
11. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Oct 24, 2012, 10:15 Mordecai Walfish

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 22:00:
I was hoping these would address SLI performance, as with SLI enabled I get less than 30fps - disabled I get 60fps. Unfortunately they're exactly the same. It astounds me how shit like this gets through driver and game testing. I had similar issues with DIRT: Showdown and had to manually edit the SLI profile to get proper performance; Borderlands 2 didn't support it out of the box; it took several updates for The Witcher 2 to perform properly; the F1 2012 demo was completely broken; Civilization V has issues with nVidia's auto-downclocking (it drops clock speed if you stay in the same location - then when you move it stutters while the clock speed ramps up).

In fact I had less trouble with the Crossfire setup I had previously, though I still prefer nVidia overall (marginally).

For your Civ V issues, get the newest version of EVGA Precision X and use the functionality called "K Boost" which makes it so the cards stay at the same clock rates/voltages for as long as the program is open. I assume this will also help with TDR issues, if anyone is still experiencing them in Firefox/TF2/Whatever.

Last SLI setup I had (not even a year ago) was 2x8800GT and they worked wonderfully, although it did take some driver tweaking in some instances.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 22, 2012, 15:26 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 10:47:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 10:40:
Nevermind the fact that close to half of those 70m units are RROD replacements, lol.

Neogaf actually used to ban people that said this, as they've debated it and realized there's zero chance that the RROD replacements significantly altered this number, let alone can make someone say "the fact that close to half..."

The attach rate for the 360 is out of the stratosphere if they've only sold 35MM units. It's already extremely high at 70MM.

I meant people going out and buying new xboxes because of their system crapping out, as many did, and Microsoft fully supported this time around by making the hard drives external and easily replaceable. What I did was exaggerate because of the high rate of failures in their early units-- I'll be sure to get the exact stats for you next time.. or maybe I should just debate it over on Neogaf first to make sure I get your numbers right.

I should have been more specific for fear of being grouped in the "would have been banned on NeoGaf crowd". lol

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 22, 2012, 15:07 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 11:13:
Verno wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 11:06:
Be interesting to see how HDTV sales fare this year. Most people I know are all set on TVs for the foreseeable future and the student buying bonanza is long over. In general I'm at gadget overload, first world problems.

"55-in. No Name 120Hz 1080p LCD $399"

That would be a steal, and I'd push my parents to it since they went nuts after finally seeing my 58", but you know that $399 55" is utter garbage. Image quality would be so bad, and poor image quality is so noticeable at that size.
But my parents wouldn't notice.

Those 120hz interpolated sets look like crap to me no matter what the manufacturer/price.

Waiting for UltraHD 3840x2160 to get a new set, and by then hopefully we will have true 120hz available as well. The software hacks for current 120hz sets just make things look so fake, to me. Sure you need it for 3d.. but 3d really hasnt taken off like was expected either.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 22, 2012, 10:40 Mordecai Walfish

Nevermind the fact that close to half of those 70m units are RROD replacements, lol.  

769 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo