Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 740 (Apprentice)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
29. Re: etc. Oct 19, 2012, 17:38 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 17:21:
Thanks for the link!

Actually Bob found that one!

Well then, thank you too Bob! Been waiting quite a long time for this ^_^

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
27. Re: etc. Oct 19, 2012, 17:17 Mordecai Walfish

This just in! Geico announces "Kickstarter Insurance" for $3.50/month!

nin wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 15:44:
Coles are up!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1878147873/hero-u-rogue-to-redemption

Oh hell yes. HQ/QFG are some of my fondest memories in adventure gaming. Thanks for the link!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 19, 2012, 16:53 Mordecai Walfish

It seems obvious from the 6-step process that a case will be built against users along the course of this process. You will be signing (digitally, physically, or both) off on a course thats been described as "education about copyright law" as part of the 6 step process, and then if you proceed to download protected content again, they will have a clear admission from you already that you understand said laws, yet proceeded to break them anyway.

Even the wording kind of makes this obvious: "The alerts stop after that last level and nothing else happens under the program."

This is an obvious way of saying there will be a separate further action that can follow up the 6 step process, which can be variable based on what evidence has been built during the 6 step process, and exactly what content has been infringed upon. (and perhaps whether the specific content holder(s) are actively pursuing penalties).

That's my take on it, at least.

News Comments > Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077
6. Re: Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077 Oct 19, 2012, 06:29 Mordecai Walfish

CD Project is one of the best devs around nowadays, and Cyberpunk2077 is a project I am *very* happy to hear they are taking on. Man this is gonna rock!  

News Comments > GOG.com Adds OS X Games
14. Re: GOG.com Adds OS X Games Oct 19, 2012, 04:03 Mordecai Walfish

I thought the ad was well done. It took a poke at Apple's "this changes everything" mentality while bringing good games to users of that platform.

Even though I'm not an apple user, this is good news for gamers that are.

News Comments > PAYDAY: The Heist Free Weekend; Sale
4. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Free Weekend; Sale Oct 19, 2012, 03:53 Mordecai Walfish

Payday is a good game, it just gets somewhat repetitive after a while.

All the more better for a weekend playthrough though, because you can literally play through all of it within that time, with the only downside being not getting all the weapons and advancements.

The best one is the 2nd shotgun you get around level 30, and the magnum which is badass as well, but not always the best pick when you want to be stealthy and not firing off the uber-loud handcannons.

Overall definitely worth a try, but I cant help but think about how much better this would have turned out with proper modding tools so the community could create and share scenarios of their crafting.. that would have made what is already a good game into something very legendary, indeed.

The somewhat non-linear branching missions mostly work and keep the experience fresh for multiple playthroughs on each level, as well as the different ways you can initiate the heists in the first place.

Oh and the difficulty can be suprising at times too.. especially on levels like Heat Street, where normal difficulty is harder than some levels on hard.

Wow I didn't intend to write a review here lol but since I did: 7.2/10 ^_^

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 13:47 Mordecai Walfish

Me and some buddies have been getting together and celebrating every time we hear of Apple losing one of their frivolous lawsuits.. kind of making a drinking game out of it in a way, heheh.

Tonight's celebratory beverage will be Templeton Rye, and as always.. Fuck You Apple Shots.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 18, 2012, 03:46 Mordecai Walfish

I've been using Avira free and have not had any problems with viruses/malware in the 3 years that i've been using it.. but the problem is that Avira free is actually Adware in itself, and pops up themed sales windows to upgrade to other services of theirs.

Quite f-ing annoying and there used to be a way to block the messages but they've stopped that as well.

Guess it's time for a switch..

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition
14. Re: Don't forget Steam and P2P Multiplayer only. Oct 17, 2012, 01:57 Mordecai Walfish

/redacted

so many silly people in this world. Just gotta let it be ^_^

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2012, 02:08.

News Comments > etc., etc.
17. Re: etc., etc. Oct 16, 2012, 18:40 Mordecai Walfish

Turns out after the first time you run some of these older games you don't even need Origin open to play them.

Tested with Mirror's Edge and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, even online multiplayer is working in Hot Pursuit without Origin open. A totally different account can be open in Origin and everything still works.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Open Beta Delayed
6. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Delayed Oct 16, 2012, 18:10 Mordecai Walfish

Cabezone wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 16:44:
You don't want to use a joystick as your primary aiming.

Seconded. The game control is heavily focused on mouse + keyboard, at least at this point.

I cannot see joystick players being on an even playing field whatsoever currently. Could be subject to change with companies like Razer making branded joystick/control panels for Mechwarrior:Online, however. ( http://www.razerzone.com/artemis )

News Comments > Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans
16. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 04:00 Mordecai Walfish

3.4 million showing on the kickstarter page @ 3am CST

Wow what a success this has turned in to! This is the first kickstarter i've upgraded packages on too =)

News Comments > GOG.com Announcements This Week
7. Re: GOG.com Announcements This Week Oct 16, 2012, 00:17 Mordecai Walfish

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 20:31:
Am I the only one who feels this site has lost a lot of its identity since they dropped the "Good Old" part of their name? DRM-free is all well and good, but I find I'm a lot less interested in the store now that's it's being flooded with brand new indies and 2-8 year old bargain bin titles. I can, and do, get all of that kind of stuff on Steam...

In order to get some of that precious market share from Good Ol' Steam they are going to have to offer competing products and services, and that will mean many of the same games being available on both platforms.

Anyone who is still looking for a classic windows or dos game that GOG doesn't have-- I'd strongly suggest looking at the eXoDOS compilation, it covers so many of the classics and has a really nice frontend as well for installing/launching any of the titles in a couple clicks.

If GOG happens to carry the game later on down the road you can still pick it up and use the save file you're working on with the GOG version.. truly a win-win =)

They have to go where the money is.. and unfortunately that is never going to be continued trips down nostalgia lane for an evermore-niche audience.

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 21 More Games
15. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 16, 2012, 00:06 Mordecai Walfish

Prez wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 21:42:
I am all for supporting indies but I find myself clicking on the "No thanks/Not interested" box for the lion's share of these. Indie or not, I feel that a game needs to look special and exciting, otherwise what's the point? It may be a bias, but I pass on almost all 2D platformers. It's time for indies to step up their game I think. Miner Wars looks exciting, but it's an MMO, so not for me.

Agreed. Your vote is there for a reason, and it's not the behalf of random communities trying to get their favorite on Steam (unless perhaps you are part of one of them). It's pretty simple really.. just vote for stuff that you might buy if it was on steam ^_^

I voted for "Secret of Grindea" the first time around too, just because it looks like a fun clone of Secret of Mana with internet multiplayer. Might be complete shit but I would give it a try.. glad it made the 2nd round.

News Comments > HAWKEN Closed Beta in Two Weeks
11. Re: HAWKEN Closed Beta in Two Weeks Oct 14, 2012, 06:46 Mordecai Walfish

Rea1One wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 20:51:
Hopefully you can choose higher then 720p resolution this time around. Not being able to play at 1080p sux.

1080p worked fine for me in the alpha that just ended last week.

News Comments > Get a Free Origin Game?
60. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 14, 2012, 06:34 Mordecai Walfish

Perhaps this is EA/Origin's attempt to inflate their user# statistics by allowing all of these accounts w/ free games to be made over the weekend that they can mark as individual users..

/tinfoilhat

(well it is shady-ass EA and I wouldnt really be surprised to see some investor-enslaved member of management employing shady tactics to make an annual/quarterly report's numbers look better)

PC Gaming > Any MechWarrior Online Players Want To Team Up?
4. Re: Any MechWarrior Online Players Want To Team Up? Oct 14, 2012, 04:23 Mordecai Walfish

it was lifted a while back i thought?

edit: oh i see it was lifted 2 weeks after I posted this, and I had one of the mech names in my post. whoops. ^_^

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2012, 04:30.

News Comments > Get a Free Origin Game?
41. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 22:44 Mordecai Walfish

Well thank you folks that worked a charm.  

News Comments > League of Legends Soars
23. Re: League of Legends Soars Oct 13, 2012, 01:15 Mordecai Walfish

dota2 has a much more solid base, league of legends is now just a cash crop with dumb shit incessantly being poured in. character after character with the same exact shit and game modes that have no relevance to the overall balancing of the characters for the standard game type.

DOTA 2 might be more generic but in the Lord of the Rings way.. not really a bad thing as it is well refined & presented

News Comments > Need For Speed Most Wanted MP Trailer
4. Re: Need For Speed Most Wanted MP Trailer Oct 12, 2012, 18:48 Mordecai Walfish

"Burnout: Most Wanted" should have been the title of this one.

The Street Fighter vs Tekken of racers.

740 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo