Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 730 (Apprentice)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Open Beta Delayed
6. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Delayed Oct 16, 2012, 18:10 Mordecai Walfish

Cabezone wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 16:44:
You don't want to use a joystick as your primary aiming.

Seconded. The game control is heavily focused on mouse + keyboard, at least at this point.

I cannot see joystick players being on an even playing field whatsoever currently. Could be subject to change with companies like Razer making branded joystick/control panels for Mechwarrior:Online, however. ( http://www.razerzone.com/artemis )

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans
16. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 04:00 Mordecai Walfish

3.4 million showing on the kickstarter page @ 3am CST

Wow what a success this has turned in to! This is the first kickstarter i've upgraded packages on too =)

News Comments > GOG.com Announcements This Week
7. Re: GOG.com Announcements This Week Oct 16, 2012, 00:17 Mordecai Walfish

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 20:31:
Am I the only one who feels this site has lost a lot of its identity since they dropped the "Good Old" part of their name? DRM-free is all well and good, but I find I'm a lot less interested in the store now that's it's being flooded with brand new indies and 2-8 year old bargain bin titles. I can, and do, get all of that kind of stuff on Steam...

In order to get some of that precious market share from Good Ol' Steam they are going to have to offer competing products and services, and that will mean many of the same games being available on both platforms.

Anyone who is still looking for a classic windows or dos game that GOG doesn't have-- I'd strongly suggest looking at the eXoDOS compilation, it covers so many of the classics and has a really nice frontend as well for installing/launching any of the titles in a couple clicks.

If GOG happens to carry the game later on down the road you can still pick it up and use the save file you're working on with the GOG version.. truly a win-win =)

They have to go where the money is.. and unfortunately that is never going to be continued trips down nostalgia lane for an evermore-niche audience.

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 21 More Games
15. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 16, 2012, 00:06 Mordecai Walfish

Prez wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 21:42:
I am all for supporting indies but I find myself clicking on the "No thanks/Not interested" box for the lion's share of these. Indie or not, I feel that a game needs to look special and exciting, otherwise what's the point? It may be a bias, but I pass on almost all 2D platformers. It's time for indies to step up their game I think. Miner Wars looks exciting, but it's an MMO, so not for me.

Agreed. Your vote is there for a reason, and it's not the behalf of random communities trying to get their favorite on Steam (unless perhaps you are part of one of them). It's pretty simple really.. just vote for stuff that you might buy if it was on steam ^_^

I voted for "Secret of Grindea" the first time around too, just because it looks like a fun clone of Secret of Mana with internet multiplayer. Might be complete shit but I would give it a try.. glad it made the 2nd round.

News Comments > HAWKEN Closed Beta in Two Weeks
11. Re: HAWKEN Closed Beta in Two Weeks Oct 14, 2012, 06:46 Mordecai Walfish

Rea1One wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 20:51:
Hopefully you can choose higher then 720p resolution this time around. Not being able to play at 1080p sux.

1080p worked fine for me in the alpha that just ended last week.

News Comments > Get a Free Origin Game?
60. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 14, 2012, 06:34 Mordecai Walfish

Perhaps this is EA/Origin's attempt to inflate their user# statistics by allowing all of these accounts w/ free games to be made over the weekend that they can mark as individual users..

/tinfoilhat

(well it is shady-ass EA and I wouldnt really be surprised to see some investor-enslaved member of management employing shady tactics to make an annual/quarterly report's numbers look better)

PC Gaming > Any MechWarrior Online Players Want To Team Up?
4. Re: Any MechWarrior Online Players Want To Team Up? Oct 14, 2012, 04:23 Mordecai Walfish

it was lifted a while back i thought?

edit: oh i see it was lifted 2 weeks after I posted this, and I had one of the mech names in my post. whoops. ^_^

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2012, 04:30.

News Comments > Get a Free Origin Game?
41. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 22:44 Mordecai Walfish

Well thank you folks that worked a charm.  

News Comments > League of Legends Soars
23. Re: League of Legends Soars Oct 13, 2012, 01:15 Mordecai Walfish

dota2 has a much more solid base, league of legends is now just a cash crop with dumb shit incessantly being poured in. character after character with the same exact shit and game modes that have no relevance to the overall balancing of the characters for the standard game type.

DOTA 2 might be more generic but in the Lord of the Rings way.. not really a bad thing as it is well refined & presented

News Comments > Need For Speed Most Wanted MP Trailer
4. Re: Need For Speed Most Wanted MP Trailer Oct 12, 2012, 18:48 Mordecai Walfish

"Burnout: Most Wanted" should have been the title of this one.

The Street Fighter vs Tekken of racers.

News Comments > WRC 3: FIA World Rally Championship Demo
7. Re: WRC 3: FIA World Rally Championship Demo Oct 12, 2012, 18:43 Mordecai Walfish

Whats the verdict folks? Worth a shot?

I do love a good racer.

Edit: Looks like a broke ass DiRT clone, probably gonna pass on this one.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2012, 20:11.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Oct 12, 2012, 18:04 Mordecai Walfish

NKD wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 16:59:
Does it really matter? On-disc DLC is incredibly rare.

Persistent-Connection DRM used to be "incredibly rare" as well, but it took a beating by gamers in forums just like this and became a topic of mostly reviled hatred in the community thus limiting it's roll-out in many ways.

I think we have the same opportunity with Disc-Locked DLC, and I as well will think twice before supporting any game that blatantly ships with completed content locked on the disc.

News Comments > etc., etc.
14. Re: etc., etc. Oct 12, 2012, 07:30 Mordecai Walfish

CVG & EGM were the only 2 gaming magazines i've ever had a subscription to.. oh wait there was also Sierra On-Line's Interaction (i think that was the name..) that I got for a couple years too.

I dont really trust major review sites or publications and never have.. it's just too tempting for greedy humans who will find a way to monetize any and every aspect of their "advertising network" including the integrity of their reviews/reviewers.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Details Near
28. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 18:30 Mordecai Walfish

KTR wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 16:52:
If GTA4 is to GTA3 and GTA5 is to GTA:SA...we are in for something special. With R* already having GTA4 as a base, they can put time into content in GTA5.

Exactly. There is good reason to be excited for this game, and even if you didn't favor GTAIV I think this will be a real return to stride for the series.

I've always thought about the similarities between GTAIV and 3-- new engine, new hurdles and trials to overcome to get what you want out of it. GTAIV was obviously severely limited (at least compared to Vice City/San Andreas) by this and there's no reason to think that with 5 years experience in their new engine that Rockstar hasn't returned to the content and feature side of the equation to really show what RAGE can do.

GTA is, as others have said here, almost always a day-1 purchase for me as well. Comparisons to "Quake 3 to Quake 4" are completely invalid as Q4 was done by an outside company.. as far as I know Rockstar is still taking this on alone.

Bring on the news!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Did 'Completely Wrong' Romney Google bomb himself? Oct 11, 2012, 02:28 Mordecai Walfish

100% Clown Shoes  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Open Beta Next Week
16. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 02:17 Mordecai Walfish

Any of you Blues want to squad up in MWO, just search for the "dropship 1" "dropship 2" or "dropship 3" rooms in C3. Got a lot of good players there always willing to squad up and form a proper 8-man.

Looking forward to the new mechs and maps coming in the next few months too.. things are shaping up nicely =)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Retro City Rampage
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Retro City Rampage Oct 10, 2012, 01:06 Mordecai Walfish

It's finally out and well worth the wait!  

News Comments > Primal Carnage Beta Underway
5. Re: Primal Carnage Beta Underway Oct 9, 2012, 07:31 Mordecai Walfish

Wasnt there a crappy arcade fighting game in the 90's with dinosaurs called "Primal Carnage"?  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned
20. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 07:26 Mordecai Walfish

Just another nail in the EA/DICE coffin..  

News Comments > PC Retro City Rampage This Week
3. Re: PC Retro City Rampage This Week Oct 7, 2012, 16:15 Mordecai Walfish

Its been a long time coming. Was worried this one would slip to 2013 with the lack of updates around release time..  

730 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo