Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 778 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 9, 2012, 16:53 Mordecai Walfish

I'd have to say at least a million and one riders have played Trials Evolution, as I played the shit out of it on a buddy's xbox a couple months ago. Fun game.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sine Mora
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sine Mora Nov 9, 2012, 16:39 Mordecai Walfish

Awesome! Gonna try this now.  

News Comments > Death Rally Free Weekend
3. Re: Death Rally Free Weekend Nov 9, 2012, 16:38 Mordecai Walfish

Anyone remember Quake Rally? That was one of the first non-fps mods I tried for quake 1, when it was still in beta. Good fun.  

News Comments > Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Suit
12. Re: Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Sui Nov 8, 2012, 23:44 Mordecai Walfish

For an authenticator I just use Winaut  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Details
12. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Nov 8, 2012, 18:25 Mordecai Walfish

Breadman86 wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 17:42:
I felt like I had to get dozens of hours into the game before it was worth it to pull a crazy stunt simply because of the cost of death: losing all my weapons and ammo and having to pay a lot of money to buy it all again.

I agree with you about most of the stuff you dislike in GTAIV.. but as someone who regularly does double back-flips across the waters of GTAIV's islands (and dies sometimes in the process), I have to say you have it wrong about the losing of your weapons after death. Only if you get busted by the police does your carried arsenal become impounded..

It would have been nice to have a mechanic where you could stage a heist on the police lockup to get your impounded stuff back though.. or possibly a gun cabinet in one of your properties to store back-up weapons/ammo in case you get arrested.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Nov 8, 2012, 17:40 Mordecai Walfish

TheLeech wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 13:35:
Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 12:44:
I would have liked to see them try the crazy angle of someone who's never been a gangster or soldier but just an average joe who somehow gets sucked/forced into this crazy world and the all the goings on. As the marines say, improvise, adapt, overcome.

Ah, something along the lines of Breaking Bad? I like where you're going with this. Maybe the character commits a small crime that continues to snowball.

That truly would be a groundbreaking mechanic in a game like this. Make the options for the protagonist initially in the game to either abide by the law and do a sims-type of experience with it, or you can start with the pettiest of petty crimes (littering, speeding, stealing a pack of gum, starting a fistfight, etc..) being the only options available to the character initially and then the options expanding to larger and larger crimes until they are pretty much Scarface. Maybe at the initial stages you can pick fights like Guybrush Threepwood and make a minigame out of insulting an npc until they become infuriated. lol

On the non-criminal side there can be all manner of interaction with the town. Inane jobs to afford other stuff to play with like bikes & cars & arcades could be made into fun minigames of their own. Maybe on the career path you choose you could potentially become a police officer and the police missions from previous GTA's could be integrated with that.. and then if you start committing crimes as a cop, you have an entire "corrupt cop" scenario that can be played through by the player, with steps up to larger and larger things like dealing with gang members & staging a heist on the police impound to recover vast amounts of drugs & guns for syndicates.

There is much room for this genre of games to go.. but are Rockstar or their competitors going to step up to the plate to innovate? Let's hope. There are plenty of ways to make the GTA experience much "fuller".

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney
15. Re: Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney Nov 8, 2012, 15:53 Mordecai Walfish

Holy crap I just read that NS2 review @ gamespot and I see what all the fuss is about!

How is this a games journalist? It's like they took someone from high times magazine and asked him to review the game for gamespot.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney
13. Re: Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney Nov 8, 2012, 15:26 Mordecai Walfish

Scheherazade wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 14:00:
As an old Gloom player, I was hoping to see something like it again

You mean like Tremulous?

(free and has been out for 5+years)

News Comments > Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully
12. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 8, 2012, 00:50 Mordecai Walfish

Fion wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 23:55:
Logitech G700

Best mouse I ever owned, and yes I have owned a few razors and didn't really like them. I'll avoid them in the future thanks to crap like this.

The G700 is a nice mouse indeed, lots of buttons and configuration options.. but for gaming I would recommend a G400. They have yet to integrate the sensor currently used in the G400 (Avago 3095) with their other models, but it is considered a "flawless" sensor, meaning 1:1 movement translation with no acceleration, prediction and all that other fun stuff.

Admittedly, if you aren't in to FPS games or similar twitch response action titles.. the sensor really doesn't matter as much.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
18. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2012, 23:10 Mordecai Walfish

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 20:06:
Imo spending $50k on something that doesn't exist is insanity.

The term "doesn't exist" comes into question regarding virtual items.. but really it's existence is based on the faith of the supposed owner that it is tangibly theirs, even if it's comprised of 1's and 0's ultimately.

Take for instance someone who goes to church and donates every week, they could eventually donate $50,000 or more over a lifetime.. this is paid on the premise that God and Heaven exist..

Is that insanity too? It's all in the eye of the beholder, IMO.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Nov 7, 2012, 22:30 Mordecai Walfish

But how is it possible that the anti-competitive merger of the two largest JRPG developers could produce anything but excellence? Without the pressure of competition towards each other you would think that they would be banging out classics left and right!

Oh wait.. whats that? Competition fuels innovation? Never heard that one before! Lets just keep churning out interactive movies using the Final Fantasy name!!

News Comments > Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully
4. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 7, 2012, 22:21 Mordecai Walfish

Simple solution here folks. Don't use Razer's overpriced garbage accessories.

"For Gamers By Gamers" is only a ploy to get you to pay more for something that is equaled or bested already by the competition.

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion Plans; StarCraft: Heart of the Swarm Early Next Year
2. Re: Diablo III Expansion Plans; StarCraft: Heart of the Swarm Early Next Year Nov 7, 2012, 22:16 Mordecai Walfish

PVP still missing? WOW. I havent played since the month it came out.. but it's really surprising they havent at least added basic PVP yet.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2012, 22:24.

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
88. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 18:23 Mordecai Walfish

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 16:23:
Rigs wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 00:36:
I'm not one to usually take issue with people's personal opinions of a game, but statements like this are just bullshit. =-Rigs-=

LOL you must be a console gamer if you thought Halo 2 was amazing, most PC FPS games are greater then every game in the entire halo franchise. Only console gamers who never grew up on FPS games on the PC think Halo is awesome.

Quit trolling with this "console gamer" crap. I played FPS on PC since Wolfenstein & Catacombs3d and can still concede that Halo was a great title.

Even if it's not your preferred platform, Mr. PC Master Race, they still did alot of things right for the time and that is why they were successful.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2012, 17:28 Mordecai Walfish

"AT&T has agreed to refund excess charges paid by these "grandfathered subscriber," which could be as much as $25 to $30 a month, depending on data use, the Federal Communications Commission said in a press release."

To the customer. I used to work for these vampires so I'm no fan, but they are refunding customers affected by this.

News Comments > Strategic Command WWI Breakthrough Demo
2. Re: Strategic Command WWI Breakthrough Demo Nov 7, 2012, 07:32 Mordecai Walfish

Only if I can play it with my Strategic Commander  

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
41. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 7, 2012, 04:10 Mordecai Walfish

Microsoft is really mismanaged, on so many fronts.. and I'll be glad to be free of their O/S *very* soon the way things are panning out. They are absolutely whats wrong with gaming, through and through.

It's not *just* that they have a habit of making console exclusives.. it's much more sinister than that. They take games that they know would be blockbusters on PC and then either bribe the company to be xbox only/timed or buy them outright. This shows so much contempt for Windows gamers, who have played top-notch games on microsoft's o/s for decades, games that stretch and push the technology further and further. Now those titles are raked in, told to conform to a set-top box spec limiting the creativity of the AAA developers involved-- and all the while you tell PC gamers that they won't be released on PC because they are "Designed Specifically for XBOX". Yeah, right. So as a result we have a platform now that is perpetually held back by the maker of the O/S instead of one that promotes pushing the limitations of every piece of hardware involved. Why buy a $2000 PC anymore when the O/S in place and it's manufacturer are purposefully trying to hinder the performance, power, and variety of experiences available on that platform?

I look forward to running a Linux box one day with an emulator for "classic windows" gaming, and when I call it "classic" I'm referring to *all* windows gaming, because the way things are going, Microsoft will soon not be the platform of choice *at all* for PC gaming.

"Designed Specifically for Xbox 360" can be translated to "Microsoft's Continued Effort to Fuck PC Gamers". And it's working. And Apple will send you the way of the Dodo if you keep trying to be like them. Demoralizing your entire Operating System because of their shiny iCrap. Bravo, Microsoft.

News Comments > Hawken's 10M Player Target
23. Re: sad really... Nov 5, 2012, 23:48 Mordecai Walfish

bhcompy wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 17:07:
Shataan wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 10:36:
"Yeah, the whole mecha thing is cool, the graphics are decent... But playing it was like "just deathmatch? come on!"

The Mech visuals are very cool. Sweet incockpit view. But you play it, and all of a sudden being in a Mech is a moot point. Totally unrealistic arcade sidestrafe movements. The list goes on.

If they wanted to make a Quaker, why put everyone in a Mech????? Aaaah well, I am sure someone will dig that kinda thing.

Because you think the only game influences are MechWarrior and UltraBots. Realistically, the influences are Virtua-On and Armored Core.

Realistically the influences are Quake and Armored Core =P

News Comments > Chaos Remake Features
16. Re: Chaos Remake Features Nov 5, 2012, 13:25 Mordecai Walfish

Awwww no Kickstarter?? Very old-fashioned indeed!  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rumors
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2012, 19:28 Mordecai Walfish

Rigs wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 18:55:
This rumor of the next-gen sporting a 6670 is a thing I like to call complete bullshit. No way any console is using off-the-shelf PC parts. Yes, they use parts similar but every new console has had it's own graphics chip developed especially for it. Maybe a derivative of the 6670? I find that doubtful as well. Each gen of console is meant to be a huge leap forward from the one before, which is why console's have 10+ year lifetime cycles. The PSX to the PS2, the PS2 to the PS3, while a smaller jump was still rather large. Just because most games on the PS3 haven't taken advantage of it's horsepower doesn't mean it's not there. The Xbox, while a little different in terms of where the horsepower is focused (ie more CPU dependent than GPU, though the GPU is no slouch), is the same way. The difference between the Xbox and 360 is sizable. They haven't squeezed everything out the current gen yet, especially when it comes to the PS3. Probably because the PS3 is apparently so much harder to develop for. I mean, look at the jump in quality in the HALO series each time, HALO3 to REACH to HALO4. Hell, look way back to the amazing power they pulled out of the SNES in it's twilight years. Everyone is looking to next-gen but there's still some left in the current hardware. And because of that, I think the next-gen systems are going to be FAR more powerful than what's been rumored. They have to be.

As for them coming out in a few weeks? It's nice to dream...The first PS4 dev kits just got sent out and they're not even on the hardware itself, just a box with similar spec. We have some ways to go until release, guys. Trust me on that...

=-Rigs-=

I was joking about the WiiU being "Next Gen" when I said "in a couple weeks".

I agree with you completely about what Sony and Microsoft will pack in spec-wise with next gen. Both Microsoft and Sony know that they can basically eliminate a 3rd party from being a major contender simply by having their systems be a good chunk beefier than Nintendo's. As a result they guarantee more exclusives for themselves than any other strategy, as developers will tend to do the same thing they did with the Wii and avoid porting most games over at all. Nintendo is going to have a really tough time, even with it's die-hard fans always buying their new consoles. I hope they get it together soon because Nintendo is an invaluable asset to all gamers.. even if they do make stupid decisions sometimes.(okay.. a lot)

778 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo