Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 728 (Apprentice)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Nov 7, 2012, 22:30 Mordecai Walfish

But how is it possible that the anti-competitive merger of the two largest JRPG developers could produce anything but excellence? Without the pressure of competition towards each other you would think that they would be banging out classics left and right!

Oh wait.. whats that? Competition fuels innovation? Never heard that one before! Lets just keep churning out interactive movies using the Final Fantasy name!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully
4. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 7, 2012, 22:21 Mordecai Walfish

Simple solution here folks. Don't use Razer's overpriced garbage accessories.

"For Gamers By Gamers" is only a ploy to get you to pay more for something that is equaled or bested already by the competition.

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion Plans; StarCraft: Heart of the Swarm Early Next Year
2. Re: Diablo III Expansion Plans; StarCraft: Heart of the Swarm Early Next Year Nov 7, 2012, 22:16 Mordecai Walfish

PVP still missing? WOW. I havent played since the month it came out.. but it's really surprising they havent at least added basic PVP yet.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2012, 22:24.

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
88. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 18:23 Mordecai Walfish

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 16:23:
Rigs wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 00:36:
I'm not one to usually take issue with people's personal opinions of a game, but statements like this are just bullshit. =-Rigs-=

LOL you must be a console gamer if you thought Halo 2 was amazing, most PC FPS games are greater then every game in the entire halo franchise. Only console gamers who never grew up on FPS games on the PC think Halo is awesome.

Quit trolling with this "console gamer" crap. I played FPS on PC since Wolfenstein & Catacombs3d and can still concede that Halo was a great title.

Even if it's not your preferred platform, Mr. PC Master Race, they still did alot of things right for the time and that is why they were successful.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2012, 17:28 Mordecai Walfish

"AT&T has agreed to refund excess charges paid by these "grandfathered subscriber," which could be as much as $25 to $30 a month, depending on data use, the Federal Communications Commission said in a press release."

To the customer. I used to work for these vampires so I'm no fan, but they are refunding customers affected by this.

News Comments > Strategic Command WWI Breakthrough Demo
2. Re: Strategic Command WWI Breakthrough Demo Nov 7, 2012, 07:32 Mordecai Walfish

Only if I can play it with my Strategic Commander  

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
41. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 7, 2012, 04:10 Mordecai Walfish

Microsoft is really mismanaged, on so many fronts.. and I'll be glad to be free of their O/S *very* soon the way things are panning out. They are absolutely whats wrong with gaming, through and through.

It's not *just* that they have a habit of making console exclusives.. it's much more sinister than that. They take games that they know would be blockbusters on PC and then either bribe the company to be xbox only/timed or buy them outright. This shows so much contempt for Windows gamers, who have played top-notch games on microsoft's o/s for decades, games that stretch and push the technology further and further. Now those titles are raked in, told to conform to a set-top box spec limiting the creativity of the AAA developers involved-- and all the while you tell PC gamers that they won't be released on PC because they are "Designed Specifically for XBOX". Yeah, right. So as a result we have a platform now that is perpetually held back by the maker of the O/S instead of one that promotes pushing the limitations of every piece of hardware involved. Why buy a $2000 PC anymore when the O/S in place and it's manufacturer are purposefully trying to hinder the performance, power, and variety of experiences available on that platform?

I look forward to running a Linux box one day with an emulator for "classic windows" gaming, and when I call it "classic" I'm referring to *all* windows gaming, because the way things are going, Microsoft will soon not be the platform of choice *at all* for PC gaming.

"Designed Specifically for Xbox 360" can be translated to "Microsoft's Continued Effort to Fuck PC Gamers". And it's working. And Apple will send you the way of the Dodo if you keep trying to be like them. Demoralizing your entire Operating System because of their shiny iCrap. Bravo, Microsoft.

News Comments > Hawken's 10M Player Target
23. Re: sad really... Nov 5, 2012, 23:48 Mordecai Walfish

bhcompy wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 17:07:
Shataan wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 10:36:
"Yeah, the whole mecha thing is cool, the graphics are decent... But playing it was like "just deathmatch? come on!"

The Mech visuals are very cool. Sweet incockpit view. But you play it, and all of a sudden being in a Mech is a moot point. Totally unrealistic arcade sidestrafe movements. The list goes on.

If they wanted to make a Quaker, why put everyone in a Mech????? Aaaah well, I am sure someone will dig that kinda thing.

Because you think the only game influences are MechWarrior and UltraBots. Realistically, the influences are Virtua-On and Armored Core.

Realistically the influences are Quake and Armored Core =P

News Comments > Chaos Remake Features
16. Re: Chaos Remake Features Nov 5, 2012, 13:25 Mordecai Walfish

Awwww no Kickstarter?? Very old-fashioned indeed!  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rumors
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2012, 19:28 Mordecai Walfish

Rigs wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 18:55:
This rumor of the next-gen sporting a 6670 is a thing I like to call complete bullshit. No way any console is using off-the-shelf PC parts. Yes, they use parts similar but every new console has had it's own graphics chip developed especially for it. Maybe a derivative of the 6670? I find that doubtful as well. Each gen of console is meant to be a huge leap forward from the one before, which is why console's have 10+ year lifetime cycles. The PSX to the PS2, the PS2 to the PS3, while a smaller jump was still rather large. Just because most games on the PS3 haven't taken advantage of it's horsepower doesn't mean it's not there. The Xbox, while a little different in terms of where the horsepower is focused (ie more CPU dependent than GPU, though the GPU is no slouch), is the same way. The difference between the Xbox and 360 is sizable. They haven't squeezed everything out the current gen yet, especially when it comes to the PS3. Probably because the PS3 is apparently so much harder to develop for. I mean, look at the jump in quality in the HALO series each time, HALO3 to REACH to HALO4. Hell, look way back to the amazing power they pulled out of the SNES in it's twilight years. Everyone is looking to next-gen but there's still some left in the current hardware. And because of that, I think the next-gen systems are going to be FAR more powerful than what's been rumored. They have to be.

As for them coming out in a few weeks? It's nice to dream...The first PS4 dev kits just got sent out and they're not even on the hardware itself, just a box with similar spec. We have some ways to go until release, guys. Trust me on that...

=-Rigs-=

I was joking about the WiiU being "Next Gen" when I said "in a couple weeks".

I agree with you completely about what Sony and Microsoft will pack in spec-wise with next gen. Both Microsoft and Sony know that they can basically eliminate a 3rd party from being a major contender simply by having their systems be a good chunk beefier than Nintendo's. As a result they guarantee more exclusives for themselves than any other strategy, as developers will tend to do the same thing they did with the Wii and avoid porting most games over at all. Nintendo is going to have a really tough time, even with it's die-hard fans always buying their new consoles. I hope they get it together soon because Nintendo is an invaluable asset to all gamers.. even if they do make stupid decisions sometimes.(okay.. a lot)

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rumors
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Rumors Nov 4, 2012, 14:22 Mordecai Walfish

ASeven wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 14:17:
If this is anywhere close to true, 1 year cycle development? That makes the BF series as bad as the CoD series in terms of development time.

Also, Oct 23 and coming out for both the new generation of consoles? If the rumor has any base on fact then it means the next generation of consoles will be out before Oct 23.

According to some, the next generation of consoles is released in a couple weeks.

And besides that, it will have been 2 years @ Oct 23rd 2013 since BF3 was released.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 4, 2012, 13:56 Mordecai Walfish

I always warn against installing iTunes.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Dark Reign Redux Nov 4, 2012, 13:54 Mordecai Walfish

The Natural Selection 2 team must be elated with the success they've had so far. I'm glad they stuck through it and finally released this wonderful game.  

News Comments > Next Steam Greenlight on November 30th
4. Re: Next Steam Greenlight on November 30th Nov 4, 2012, 13:31 Mordecai Walfish

spindoctor wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 21:26:
I wish Valve would greenlight only those games which are complete or on the verge of completion. This would ensure that games would release in a reasonable amount of time after being greenlit. What is the point of a title getting through greenlight and then still not releasing for weeks or months after that? So far they've greenlit 29 games and out of those, only 2 have actually released in the 2 months that this process has been on. That ratio is just off.

There is no time constraint like you imagine on projects that are greenlit. When they're ready they'll be available on steam, it takes alot of work to fulfill that process, doubly so for a small team or individual.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2012, 13:28 Mordecai Walfish

J wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 07:01:
Rigs wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 03:30:
mag wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 01:44:
I've never played a CoD. What do you mean?

Said the man from Mars...

=-Rigs-=
I must be from Mars too then! It's not so bad here. Although now I feel like Doctor Manhattan

Hello fellow Martians. I too have not played COD or seen Titanic.

High-fives all around.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 2, 2012, 14:53 Mordecai Walfish

BobBob wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 10:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 05:04:
Seriously, I am flabberghasted. I never realized the election system in the USA is that .... messy

Are you from the USA? If not, go worry about your own country's problems.

The U.S.A. has, indeed, evolved to the position of being the entire world's problem, whether they want it or not.

Shuttering outsiders from contemplating this seems hugely ignorant, when our bases litter the landscape of their countries and our actions have a direct effect on their economies, as well as ours.

Maybe we could use a couple "curious outsiders" to help spark a discussion about this internally, as we certainly have not had any level of intellectual conversation about our election process without brandishing our ever-ignorant patriotic fangs and cries of "Heracy!" here in the USA.

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter
8. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 12:33 Mordecai Walfish

Don't even joke about hunting no man.

http://www.justin.tv/paddysbar/b/258636341

News Comments > Sine Mora PC Plans
4. Re: Sine Mora PC Plans Nov 1, 2012, 23:58 Mordecai Walfish

I was hoping this would come to pc's, not enough good shmups have come out recently on pc.. the last one I really dug was Jamestown.

Will definitely be checking this out.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2
22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2 Nov 1, 2012, 19:38 Mordecai Walfish

Aero wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 11:53:
Any bots to practice/learn/screw around with, or is it trial by fire?

There is also an exploration mode where you can spawn in a fully developed level (with all of the critters and upgrades unlocked) and try out anything you want, but no one else will be there. There may be ways to invite others though as it asks how many players max to start the game with when you go into the exploration mode.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2 Oct 31, 2012, 23:09 Mordecai Walfish

KTR wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 22:53:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 20:40:
Black Mesa looked and performed much better.

Black Mesa - Source engine developed by a multi-billion dollar corporation, Valve.

Natural Select 2 - Spark engine developed by one guy, Max.

So what you are saying is all true, but the little guys some slack .

Really compared to the performance of many Source mods, like Pirates Vikings and Knights 2 or No More Room In Hell.. this isn't really that bad.

728 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo