Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 785 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration"
78. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 20, 2012, 11:12 Mordecai Walfish

Sepharo wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 10:33:
Dev wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 10:28:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 20:25:
Its gotta be increasingly hard for them to release things on pc at the same time as consoles
I don't think RS has ever bothered to do that since putting GTA on consoles. Its usually about a year later that it makes it to PC.

The stupid thing is that PC gamers are what gave RS their start. The initial GTA games were pretty much PC only. And this is the reward we get.

I played GTA2 on Dreamcast mostly. Still the best console for its time.

I agree the dreamcast was the best console for a while.. I never owned one but played at a buddies house regularly. It always reminded me of a N64 with a disc drive.. something Nintendo *seriously* dropped the ball on. The controllers, on the other hand.. were complete shit. But that's why we have emulators, right? =)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration"
63. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 20:25 Mordecai Walfish

Its gotta be increasingly hard for them to release things on pc at the same time as consoles, with the ever watchful eye of the bean counters, always pushing to maximize the bottom line. Knowing most pc's out there can best consoles easily, they probably are keeping focus on consoles and not announcing anything so they don't detract from those sales. It's all business, obviously, and their bottom line is the main concern, in both the product and PR.

If people know a more advanced version is coming out on a platform the customer likely has in their household as well.. they risk losing an immediate sale. If they wait to announce it and draw doubt that this other version will ever exist.. then they likely get that initial sale from the hardcore fan and then a possible second sale for the more advanced version on PC that any true fan would probably desire as well. Even people on this message board have stated they will buy it twice, for consoles and PC. This is profit maximization, in the eyes of the bean counters.

News Comments > Last Day for Hero-U Kickstarter
6. Re: Last Day for Hero-U Kickstarter Nov 19, 2012, 20:14 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:14:
Thanks for keeping them on the front page, Blue! They're only 45K away, and have 28 hours. Not impossible at all, but closer than I'd like. I really enjoyed their previous games and feel like they deserve another shot!

Agreed! Here's hoping for the best!

News Comments > Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars
58. Re: Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars Nov 19, 2012, 20:07 Mordecai Walfish

6.25 million right now. Holy moly..  

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video
41. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 19, 2012, 10:09 Mordecai Walfish

Oh wow! The way things are looking this might crest 6 million.

Fucking awesome.

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Nov 19, 2012, 02:29 Mordecai Walfish

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 16:09:
I'm not getting whats so bad about the review.....he said it was 30$ instead of 25$ and load times were longer than they are on a faster computer?

It wasnt about the speed of the computer though. He showed that he had only played the game once by talking about the "5 min load times" because the only time you encounter that is on the first load. Subsequent loads are around a minute consistently for me, and that is on an AMD phenom 2 quadcore I bought 3 years ago.

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
33. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 18:08 Mordecai Walfish

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 17:20:
-Removing gadgets from the desktop. Wtf MS? Gutted entirely and requires ANOTHER mod to correct. Yet another exile worthy idea.

AFAIK gadgets were removed because of security issues with them, as outlined by this article

MS even issued a patch that they recommend users apply to completely remove desktop gadget functionality

This probably did not come in the form of a normal windows update because it breaks functionality of installed gadgets that people are currently using.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
26. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 16, 2012, 13:04 Mordecai Walfish

Drooling boy-in-the-bubble syndrome.

Perception is reality and when you surround your life in the trappings of conservative/republican media you tend to dive off the deep end rather quickly now-a-days.

BUT THE LIBERALS THEY JUST AS BAD CAUSED BENGHAZI ATTACKS AND GIVING ALL OUR MONEYS AWAY!

gffk, you cant argue with stupid.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P
23. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P Nov 16, 2012, 12:49 Mordecai Walfish

a brand new mount that will be sure to cause tank envy!

Beginning to hate MMO's. With a passion.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 16, 2012, 10:08 Mordecai Walfish

The way things are looking with Vita we will see a stripped down, cheaper model before too long.

Even that will be a difficult challenge for Sony.. as that will likely result in developers making the cheaper model the target to develop for instead of the original. This has clusterfuck written all over it.

News Comments > Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch
9. Re: Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch Nov 16, 2012, 09:59 Mordecai Walfish

Bob wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 03:25:
QfG was my alltime favorite series.

Ditto. I hope they can at least hit their goal on this one..

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
31. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 16, 2012, 00:47 Mordecai Walfish

Dades wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 23:13:
You didn't lose because of race alone so no, you're not correct. If you had won then race would be ok I'm sure, all of those white men wouldn't count as a racial thing at all. Your party had no realistic financial plan for the country, a campaign filled with lunatics who want to take away abortion rights and send half the country to a different one because they weren't born here. A tax cut supported by imaginary math was the feather in the Republican cap, not to mention years of filibustering and blockading any form of progress based entirely on bitterness. You wanted to elect a man so out of touch with reality that he thinks that 47% of the country just wants to live on food stamps and steal his tax money, what little he disclosed that he pays in the first place.

Stop abdicating responsibility, you did it to yourselves. Your party ran a shit campaign, many of you posted on message boards like a bunch of frothing lunatics and your party literally adopted a stance that they were going to stop the government from governing the country, pushing the country into ridiculous political deadlock. Stop the Democrats is not a leadership slogan and tells voters that you didn't get the issues.

It speaks to either arrogance or ignorance that people expected to win when you have people who want to do things like set back womens rights and immigration 50 years. You can blame other people all you want but its on every single one of you. The message was loud and clear, people are tired of the antics, get real or get gone.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Truth.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
122. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 15, 2012, 22:34 Mordecai Walfish

Prez wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 04:08:

Anyway, I have a question. I have a quad core AMD AM3 cpu, 4 GB of memory, and a Geforce Ti 560. I keep getting stuttering and low framerates in busy open city-type games like GTA IV and Sleeping Dogs. What is the most important thing I need to upgrade in the short term to improve this? I am in the process of saving up for a new rig but that's about 3 to 6 months away so I wanted a small boost for my current (decidedly underwhelming) setup in the short term in the GTA-like games.

A couple things to add..

1. CPU would be a great upgrade in your case, 3570's are coming down in price and have excellent performance out-of-the-box, as well as plenty of O/C headroom.

2.Windows 8. I know this sounds crazy, but reading this: http://www.hardcoreware.net/windows-7-vs-windows-8-performance/ makes a quite convincing case that (at least for now), windows 8 actually provides more stable frames (with AMD chips especially). The jitters you get in open world games are specifically related to the frame times going above a certain threshold on a regular basis, and I experience this stuttering at times too, in many games (I also have an AMD Phenom2 Quadcore @ 3.6ghz) All tests in that link are with a nvidia GPU too, so the results would echo your setup as well as they do mine. (I have a GTX480)

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $3.5M
61. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 17:09 Mordecai Walfish

Okay.. I decided to back Star Citizen, after much debating.. the prospect of playing a game that lives up to wing commander is just too great! I can't wait to pilot these ships with the ol' joystick/supreme commander combo ^_^  

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2012, 02:15 Mordecai Walfish

ahahahahahahaha this is so fucking win.

Bravo, internet!

News Comments > Origin Accounts Hijacked?
37. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 21:24 Mordecai Walfish

Dev wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 18:20:
Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 17:56:
Verno wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:31:
Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:13:
Edit : Speaking of arrows to the knee, I had a guard say it to me again yesterday in Skyrim. For the first time in 35 or so hours (the guard discussions mod is awesome). First I laughed. Then I murdered him and paid the 1000 gold bounty. Some things just have to be done.

You need Guard Dialogue Overhaul. Someone else linked it in a previous thread and it was a great immersion builder for me. You actually hear appropriate lines now and there's a whole bunch of unused guard dialogue I didn't even know was in the game.

That's the one I meant when I said "Guard Discussions." I couldn't remember the full name of the mod. But I agree, it's fantastic. Actually hearing guards address me as the Thane, and showing respect, helps wonderfully with the mood.

Creston
Nice! Thanks for the link!

Ditto! Modding Skyrim is an endeavor I haven't embarked on nearly as much as I should. Shit, I'm still not finished with my latest Oblivion build..

100. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 21:17 Mordecai Walfish

Okay, after trying it out I'm gonna have to give GTA4 another play-through with the realistic handling mod. It's a nice change from the default, but still not too arcadey.. seems very nice so far!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $3.5M
9. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 20:38 Mordecai Walfish

New stretch goal!: 4.5 million

Reward: 40% more cowbell mounted on your first intergalactic cruiser!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 14, 2012, 20:35 Mordecai Walfish

RIP Nintendo Power!

This was the first gaming magazine I had a subscription to, and was a publication I would read from cover to cover every month when I was younger. My early addiction to NP was in no doubt formative to my current-day addiction to Bluesnews. The only other gaming magazines I can recall being as excited in receiving as NP were Sierra's magazine, Interaction, and Electronic Gaming Monthly.

The era of gaming mags is officially over at the end of this year, as far as I'm concerned. Every gaming mag I see nowadays seems outright bought and paid for by publishers, which is funny because two of my favorites were directly from large publishers. I was flipping through an old Game Informer at a buddy's place not too long ago and saw the review for RAGE. 9/10. 'nuff said.

76. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 16:42 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:04:

Well there have been at least six extinction level events that we know of. And we know it'll happen again one day. I expect things to start getting a little harrier around the globe over the next several weeks. I'm stocking up some good wines atm. If it is the end I'm going to go out drunk as hell on the finest wines available to humanity!

Agreed. One thing I always look forward to on the proposed "doomsdays" is enjoying a good party or two =)

Cheers to the end, baby! If our Alien overlords don't save us somehow, maybe they'll at least stop being so creepy and have a drink with us, finally.

785 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo