Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 599 (Apprentice)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Labor Day Consolidation
2. Re: Labor Day Consolidation Sep 3, 2012, 14:33 Mordecai Walfish

agreed. anything purporting to be "next gen" at this point needs to go *at least* 1080p or GTFO.

Nintendo thinks they're gonna wave their magic profit wand around again with absolute turd hardware like they did with the wii..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Labor Day Tech Bits
2. Re: Labor Day Tech Bits Sep 3, 2012, 14:31 Mordecai Walfish

Hey, those suicide nets cost $$$ mang!  

News Comments > Black Mesa Source This Month
37. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 2, 2012, 18:14 Mordecai Walfish

So uh yeah.. I'm glad everyone is getting worked up over this finally getting released! Yeah-woo!  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Status Report
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Status Report Sep 2, 2012, 15:33 Mordecai Walfish

I finally transferred my character to Tarnished Coast last night, after 24+ hours of the server being full for me. I've only played maybe 3 hours this weekend so far, but so far it's pretty good! Default control configuration is complete garbage though I had to gut that shit out proper, which probably took almost an hour itself, after testing everything.

Looking forward to getting back in to it today, the last thing I remember doing before bed last night was launching myself off a cliff and then logging out mid-flight.. lol

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2012, 14:11 Mordecai Walfish

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 13:55:
Bah... sugar drinks.. how can anyone drink that? Why would anyone WANT to drink that... mystery

In moderation hopefully I guess.. heheh gotta keep some of the dark cola on supply for mixed drinks at least =)

It's funny to imagine somewhere on an "Echelon" type database Bluesnews probably has a special place on the listing for all of the "Mexican Coke" talk going on here lately ^_^

News Comments > Black Mesa Source This Month
8. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 2, 2012, 13:43 Mordecai Walfish

Well it appears that hell has finally frozen over. Gonna marathon Black Mesa Source and then HL2 with a buddy the weekend this comes out =)  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success
85. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Sep 1, 2012, 15:17 Mordecai Walfish

OpticNerve wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 04:00:
For those of you who are brand-spanking new, Arenanet's posted up a getting started guide which covers some of the basics: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/manual/

As for the banning thing, I think Arenanet was pretty leniant about this. They didn't perm ban anyone who bought one of those exploited Norn cultural weapons a few small times (those got 72-hour banned). We're talking about people who bought and sold them THOUSANDS of times, thus messing up the economy (most likely buying store gems with all that gold). These guys went in knowing full-well that they were exploiting something broken.

The reason why Arenanet didn't simply do a roll-back is that they most likely wanted to put out a message to players that they were taking a hard stance on people abusing exploits. In the end, we players who simply want to play for fun benefit by having less assholes messing up the game economy in various ways (possibly inflating the gold --> gems so that the cost of gems via gold is outrageous). I know that after this episode, some guildies decided to err on the side of caution and report various exploits (sigil of speed perma-quickness for example) instead of using them for gain.

there's a random 404/503 clusterfuck going on with that guide right now. looks promising though =)

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2012, 15:25.

74. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Sep 1, 2012, 01:59 Mordecai Walfish

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 01:41:
Tarnished coast it is, thanks.

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 01:35:
On another note this will be the first MMO I've gotten into since Ultima Online (which I played from early beta until maybe 2 years after release).. I have a feeling I'm going to be even more confused than Creston, LOL

I'm in a similar situation, haven't played an MMO since the SW Galaxies beta test. If you see a guy walk off a cliff into the maw of a beast from the underdark that might be me.

Edit: Never mind that ones full. Quite a few are full, guess the game really is popular. Borlis pass I go.

A friend on Mumble recommended that I make a char on Stormbluff Isle.. so I guess I'll be trying that one..

72. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Sep 1, 2012, 01:35 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 01:13:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 01:09:
I wonder, is it purely sales success?.. Or is retail not selling well and this is possibly an attempt to bolster those sales and move some volume off shelves around the country?

Either way, it's an opportunity to give themselves some advertisement about a thriving player-base to join in to.. /tinfoilhat

I'm assuming they would get a bigger profit from a direct digital sale than a boxed copy from a store. Under normal circumstances, the last thing they'd want to do is turn off digital direct sales.

They would get more profit from digital, yes. But wouldnt they get a larger return on investment if they moved all those physical copies they had to manufacture instead of having them linger in stores and eventually get sent back because *everyone* is ordering digital versions, usually paying less than for retail..

The idea only popped in my head because I was at a store earlier and picked up a copy as an impulse buy, and noticed that it looked like none were missing from the shelves, everything fully stocked.. on the first Friday after release.. and a holiday weekend..

On another note this will be the first MMO I've gotten into since Ultima Online (which I played from early beta until maybe 2 years after release).. I have a feeling I'm going to be even more confused than Creston, LOL

What server you guys recommend/play on? I still haven't even rolled my 1st char ^_^ The weekend's here though.. yay!!

EDIT: D'oh just saw the post about Tarnished Coast.. is it possible to have chars on multiple servers? Man I really need to RTFM. heheh

68. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Sep 1, 2012, 01:09 Mordecai Walfish

I wonder, is it purely sales success?.. Or is retail not selling well and this is possibly an attempt to bolster those sales and move some volume off shelves around the country?

Either way, it's an opportunity to give themselves some advertisement about a thriving player-base to join in to..

/tinfoilhat

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Aug 31, 2012, 01:20 Mordecai Walfish

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 17:30:
Creston wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 12:05:
The pirate radio station from Vice City. "You can't stop me, because I'm PIRATE RADIO!"

Forgot the name, but I loved that guy. Of course, ALL the radio stations in Vice City were great, because they were loaded with fucking AWESOME 80s music!

Creston

I'm an 80's kid, and I approve of this message.

Cant go wrong with tracks like Toto's Africa in the mix ^_^ lol

News Comments > Spec Ops: The Line MP Knocked By Dev
18. Re: Spec Ops: The Line MP Knocked By Dev Aug 29, 2012, 15:06 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 11:11:
it's one of the dumbest myths in the world that "the customer is always right."

This wouldn't technically be a "myth", it's simply a customer service philosophy, which nets more return customers. I don't think anyone in the history of mankind ever thought this to be some kind of integral truth.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 29, 2012, 00:30 Mordecai Walfish

These theoretical "gains" are massive steamroller  

News Comments > Dark Souls Resolution Hack
38. Re: Dark Souls Resolution Hack Aug 28, 2012, 18:14 Mordecai Walfish

I helped a buddy get this patched up and running well over the weekend, and played a bit too.

Graphics look really good with the patch and some Nvidia control panel tweaks applied.

KB/M is not a good way to play this game, as it was designed around a gamepad. We played with both the PS3 and 360 controller and the 360 was better for this (the PS3 controller usually is best in fighting games and older GTA's.. oh and katamari on the ps2 emu =), delivering excellent response time with vsync on or off (we were using a 120hz monitor so this is probably why)

It's utterly sad that Namco/Bandai could not pull their panties up and give the world a proper PC version of this game, especially when I've seen first hand how easy this is to accomplish. Yes there are some issues with static graphics like logos, but I've only noticed them during the intro.

The game itself runs perfectly well and is quite fun.. which makes it terribly hard to not purchase.. but I just cannot justify supporting companies that would make PC gamers jump through these hurdles just to make their game appear as if it was released in the past 5 years. It is incompetent and I feel they should not be rewarded for this kind of effort, even if the original product was/is really good. I will be happy with playing something on my backlog from steam until it hits bargain bin prices, and maybe create a character over at my buddy's house some night when I lose early in a game of Catan or KingsBurg.

If you want to know the AA bits to enable for antialiasing for Nvidia cards and also Ambient Occlusion, the information is on page 56 of the NeoGaf thread, just be careful to not go overboard with the settings like the poster does, heheh.. truly the "PC Master Race" at work.

I find 4xMSAA and the Skyrim AO settings worked best for a GTX-480... the Fallout 3 AO bits will give you graphical glitches, like the AO effect popping on and off, but it is more pronounced.

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
150. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 28, 2012, 17:40 Mordecai Walfish

Not all pirates are consistent. I have a few friends who have come over from the dark side during a steam sale, and if anything is telling about why people pirate and what you can do to curtail this trend, I think the answers lay there, in effective and more broad-picture marketing.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Trailer
11. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Aug 28, 2012, 01:29 Mordecai Walfish

Jerykk wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 23:21:
|oR|jonvall wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 20:51:
Next time they should hire a professional voice over guy instead of using Bob from the mail room!

Watch this trailer with the sound off! You've been warned!

I'd rather they save the money and invest it into making a better game.

+1

I don't need lavish production to make me feel confident in a product, only something with a healthy, well-developed core.

News Comments > Hawken Oculus Rift Support
13. Re: Hawken Oculus Rift Support Aug 27, 2012, 23:43 Mordecai Walfish

Great seeing more games jump onboard with this.

Between this and Mechwarrior Online the genre seems to have gotten a much-needed boost in 2012-- now lets get oculus working with Mechwarrior too (even the old ones will be a blast once adaption has been done by the community) =)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2012, 22:00 Mordecai Walfish

I also live in the Midwest, USA, except I quite like the crazy storms we get here. Nothing keeps you (and your battery backup) on it's toes quite like summer tornado warnings and massive lightning storms with gale-force winds ^_^

Now what I can REALLY do without is the crazy humidity we get here..

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 10:41:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKfAFQzJf74

Holy shit, that guys ankle at :33...

"Fail Compilation ..."
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by chessecake94.
Sorry some 18 year old cheesecake fatty owns this? =(

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2012, 22:07.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Trailer
3. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Aug 27, 2012, 21:40 Mordecai Walfish

This game still looks pretty good to me.. and the name here reminds me of one of my favorite NES games, River City Ransom.

It's gong to fun imagining that NES game took place in an "ancient" version of this city while stomping through with mechs ^_^

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 25, 2012, 18:37 Mordecai Walfish

Wow a billion in damages and likely injunction(s) to prevent sales for many popular phones.. in the USA we call that stimulating the economy! Congrats to the lady-judge on securing some of that Asian scratch!  

599 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo