Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 730 (Apprentice)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Origin Accounts Hijacked?
37. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 21:24 Mordecai Walfish

Dev wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 18:20:
Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 17:56:
Verno wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:31:
Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:13:
Edit : Speaking of arrows to the knee, I had a guard say it to me again yesterday in Skyrim. For the first time in 35 or so hours (the guard discussions mod is awesome). First I laughed. Then I murdered him and paid the 1000 gold bounty. Some things just have to be done.

You need Guard Dialogue Overhaul. Someone else linked it in a previous thread and it was a great immersion builder for me. You actually hear appropriate lines now and there's a whole bunch of unused guard dialogue I didn't even know was in the game.

That's the one I meant when I said "Guard Discussions." I couldn't remember the full name of the mod. But I agree, it's fantastic. Actually hearing guards address me as the Thane, and showing respect, helps wonderfully with the mood.

Creston
Nice! Thanks for the link!

Ditto! Modding Skyrim is an endeavor I haven't embarked on nearly as much as I should. Shit, I'm still not finished with my latest Oblivion build..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
100. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 21:17 Mordecai Walfish

Okay, after trying it out I'm gonna have to give GTA4 another play-through with the realistic handling mod. It's a nice change from the default, but still not too arcadey.. seems very nice so far!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $3.5M
9. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 20:38 Mordecai Walfish

New stretch goal!: 4.5 million

Reward: 40% more cowbell mounted on your first intergalactic cruiser!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 14, 2012, 20:35 Mordecai Walfish

RIP Nintendo Power!

This was the first gaming magazine I had a subscription to, and was a publication I would read from cover to cover every month when I was younger. My early addiction to NP was in no doubt formative to my current-day addiction to Bluesnews. The only other gaming magazines I can recall being as excited in receiving as NP were Sierra's magazine, Interaction, and Electronic Gaming Monthly.

The era of gaming mags is officially over at the end of this year, as far as I'm concerned. Every gaming mag I see nowadays seems outright bought and paid for by publishers, which is funny because two of my favorites were directly from large publishers. I was flipping through an old Game Informer at a buddy's place not too long ago and saw the review for RAGE. 9/10. 'nuff said.

76. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 16:42 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:04:

Well there have been at least six extinction level events that we know of. And we know it'll happen again one day. I expect things to start getting a little harrier around the globe over the next several weeks. I'm stocking up some good wines atm. If it is the end I'm going to go out drunk as hell on the finest wines available to humanity!

Agreed. One thing I always look forward to on the proposed "doomsdays" is enjoying a good party or two =)

Cheers to the end, baby! If our Alien overlords don't save us somehow, maybe they'll at least stop being so creepy and have a drink with us, finally.

43. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 14:11 Mordecai Walfish

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 13:49:
Gameplay is obviously more important but GTAIV did poorly in that department as well and I've seen no evidence to suggest that anything has changed with GTAV.

Again, the evidence is in the history of this franchise and rockstar's handling of it. Look at the last 2D GTA titles. They had TONS more stuff to do than GTA3 did. It's very much like Intel's strategy (Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock) The "Tick" in this case, was GTA3.. a new engine, new hurdles to overcome with it to fully take advantage of it. "Tock" was Vice City/San Andreas, where you can see they really made the most of what they had. With GTAIV we entered another "Tick" phase.. meaning shiny new engine.. but not as much to do as before. GTAV is a "Tock" phase, meaning they have experience under their belt with this new engine, they know how to present it in new ways and develop more engrossing gameplay with it, just as they did with Vice City/San Andreas.

How can you say you've seen no new gameplay elements since GTAIV with whats been unveiled about GTAV? Parachuting is back, bicycles are back, that crazy dune buggy from san andreas is back.. we've seen a number of new things added that weren't in GTAIV.

If you cant see the writing on the wall.. you are either blind or just trying your hardest to create something else out of this in your mind.

Just accept it, man.. GTA is back.

37. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 13:54 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 13:32:
PC version... at least a year later... arggghhh...

Why is there so much god damned FUD going on here about this game? I understand it's exciting and everything guys.. but take a second to consider the amount of *consistency* rockstar has shown with this series in the past! It's one of the reasons this series has been so successful.

A major GTA title has *NEVER* came out on PC more than 7-8 months after it's console-exclusive original debut. This is a fact. I do not know why everyone thinks that this is going to change all of a sudden with this title.. maybe it's the whole 2012 thing creeping up on us that's got everyone so shaken. Maybe the world's gonna end in a month and a week! Well, it sounds a bit more plausible if we just forget the fact that every doomsday theory/theorist up until now has been flat-out wrong... right?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Hype Gearing Up
11. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Hype Gearing Up Nov 14, 2012, 13:48 Mordecai Walfish

PHJF wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 12:30:
There are 3. The two white guys and the black guy who are standing by the helicopter talking about 2/3 through the trailer.

CCCOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

(hey, it sort of happened in RDR, right?)

I certainly cannot think of any reasons they would not capitalize on the revealed 3-player aesthetic of the game with some solid co-op ^_^

30. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 13:30 Mordecai Walfish

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 12:20:
The lack of a PC version isn't forgiveable, especially after GTAIV.

Don't forget GTA3, Vice City, & San Andreas. They all released on console first and then PC about 7 months later. This really is not any kind of shocking revelation or any reason to get up in arms..

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 12:20:
The lack of any gameplay videos speaks volumes.

You should take a look at early trailers for the previous ones, and how much they highlight the characters and environment, and not necessarily a technical manual of all the functions in the game.. that stuff always comes closer to release. Again, nothing to get all cray cray about.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2012, 12:12 Mordecai Walfish

Blue wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 11:22:

Best unknown cooking show on TV: Bitchin' Kitchen.

Complete with their very own DJ.. and using vinyl, no less! Now that's bitchin'!

4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 11:59 Mordecai Walfish

When I first saw pics of this game and the first trailer, the license plates all said "Los Santos", and now they all clearly say "San Andreas".

Can't help but wonder if they increased the scope of things somewhere along the way.. which seems likely with the reports of the massive size of the game world this time around. I'm just hoping Las Venturas and San Fierro are in the game as well.. but I wouldn't be surprised to see them included in DLC if they are not in the original package =)

Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 11:58:
I've yet to play more than about an hour of the GTA4 campaign thanks to the lousy controls and driving physics so I'm not holding my breath.

In the game informer article they stated that the vehicle physics are something they were unhappy with in GTAIV that it would be remedied this time around. We'll have to wait and see, either way, I guess..

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Hype Gearing Up
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Hype Gearing Up Nov 14, 2012, 11:38 Mordecai Walfish

PHJF wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 11:08:
Who the fuck is the player character?

There are 3. The two white guys and the black guy who are standing by the helicopter talking about 2/3 through the trailer.

News Comments > Origin Accounts Hijacked?
15. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 11:34 Mordecai Walfish

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 10:08:
This happened weeks ago already and has apparently been going on ever since.

Has nothing to do with the password. It seems a bot that goes through all Origin ID's and somehow automatically requests password resets but for what reason I don't know, since the email still goes to a secure place.

All it does is you get an email with an change-code. If you ignore it, nothing changes.

A likely scenario is a that once the bot sends out the requests for a password change, automated software scans a database of compromised e-mail accounts for the specific e-mail from Origin and then those Origin accounts are taken over.

News Comments > AMD for Sale?
20. Re: AMD for Sale? Nov 14, 2012, 07:48 Mordecai Walfish

Armengar wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 03:55:
I still use an unlocked BE phenom 2 (x4 B50). Very decent for the price paid. As others have said, expect the majority to be affording celerons only if AMD go under.

Ditto, got a Phenom2 555BE and unlocked to a QuadCore B55 @ 3.6GHZ, stable 24/7 for 2 years now. Paid $80 for this CPU. It will be a sad day when AMD is no longer providing alternatives to Intel's CPU's.. but I've already decided to buy an Intel next time I upgrade.. unless something drastic changes with AMD's lineup between now and then.

News Comments > GTA5 Trailer Countdown
12. Re: GTA5 Trailer Countdown Nov 13, 2012, 22:19 Mordecai Walfish

RailWizard wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 18:24:
Yeah, some time next week I will likely take a dump.....stay tuned!

Link?

News Comments > Black Ops II Disc Mix-up Reward
5. Re: Black Ops II Disc Mix-up Reward Nov 13, 2012, 22:17 Mordecai Walfish

*REDACTED* misunderstood.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2012, 00:47.

News Comments > Valve Confirms New Engine?
50. Re: Valve Confirms New Engine? Nov 13, 2012, 01:06 Mordecai Walfish

Genesys wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 20:57:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 15:06:
BobBob wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 14:34:
You should see this movie but don't read about it too much, to avoid spoilers: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139809/
I'll check it out.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120907/ is similar but not quite as good imho. You probably never heard of either movie because they came out in 1999 and were completely stomped on by http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133093/ :)

LOL, if http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120907/ would have had a title that didn't appear at first glance to be for boner pills, it might have *maybe* done a bit better

News Comments > Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1?
61. Re: Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1? Nov 13, 2012, 00:38 Mordecai Walfish

We still use DX9 mostly thanks to your fuckery, MS. No loss here with not getting the decimal increase in DX11.

MajorD wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 11:41:
Intellivision UI comes to mind for some reason.

Am I alone here?

Intellivision had a UI? You mean command prompt?

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2012, 00:44.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 11, 2012, 21:18 Mordecai Walfish

"Absolutely. To me a PC is really just a smartphone in another form factor."

Stopped reading about at this point..

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 11, 2012, 21:16 Mordecai Walfish

yay for retarded fat redneck wal-mart employees abusing apple products!

hopefully there will be sequels.

730 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo