Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 771 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Retrobooster Demo
1. Re: Retrobooster Demo Nov 29, 2012, 14:01 Mordecai Walfish

Interesting looking game.. seems to be a mixture of defender, asteroids, and more traditional shmup elements.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching
10. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching Nov 29, 2012, 05:49 Mordecai Walfish

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 00:39:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:55:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:11:
I just can't get into this. I hate having to start each match trying to get groups setup, no flush system, and honestly 3rd person view (yeah I suck but I'm horrible at keeping the legs/torso in sync to actually function).

Trying to get groups set up? You mean weapons groups or groups of players? The limit is 4 it's not that hard.. just go on the C3 dropship channels and look for players, it's usually a really quick process.. and if you don't find one immediately just sit yourself in one of the channels and play a couple rounds while you're waiting.

Alignment of legs/torso can be easily discovered via the HUD, just takes getting used to.

Learning to control heat levels is the trickiest part, and effective use of override takes practice, but is rewarding after you learn the ropes.

Weapon Groups. If there is a way to do them in the mechlab I haven't figured it out yet, then again I haven't spent much time with MWO.
Also I highly hate the mechlab. Give me the old 2d design instead of clicking on a section of the mech and having it zoom in then fighting to get to the whole mech.

Rather have the Mechwarrior 4 series updated to a newer graphics engine.

Oh, those are a 1 time setup. You'll only ever have to mess with them again if you want to change something later on down the road. I agree they should have the ability to set them in the mechlab and I would assume that feature will be in at some point, as it just makes sense. Either that or setting up weapons groups in the pre-game wait.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Nov 29, 2012, 03:13 Mordecai Walfish

It would seem so.. a number of friends on the mumble server I frequent expressed the same concerns about the playerbase.

I personally saw this for what it was long before the beta started and would not ever pay for something as blatant of a ripoff as this. "Lets change "day" to "war" and use crappy engine "b" instead of crappy engine "a"!"

How could it possibly go wrong!?

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods
12. Re: PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods Nov 28, 2012, 12:28 Mordecai Walfish

Sleep wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 11:53:
hmmm shouty shouty.

Well, these are mostly around a widescreen fix and sweetfx. sweetfx removed the fog back when you could disable FXAA, not possible since launch. The widescreen fix was something more controversial, dont know much about that.

But of course there are the inevitable cheats, wall hack, aimbots and that nonsense. Guess ill be pulling sweetfx tonight, although I hope the dev who is also using it and posted about it pulls his too.

I disabled the FXAA vaseline filter on day 1 of the release, and it's stayed off ever since then. No problems here.

EDIT: Was thinking of Natural Selection 2, whoops. You're right there is no setting for it in PS2, unfortunately.

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 2012, 18:31.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 28, 2012, 00:21 Mordecai Walfish

Well at least Bungie claims it will be coming to PC =)

With concept art like this one might even hope for some decent space combat.. which is something I would love to see Bungie try their hand at.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2012, 23:59 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:26:
We need to start some sort of Snuggle Truck movement. Make it a meme so everyone buys it and plays it. Make it the best selling, most played game of all time! That'd rock so hard. People playing Snuggle Truck on their phones in the subway. Snuggle Truck merchandise everywhere. Awesome!

Advertize the fact that it includes a "Brony Mode" and you'll get half of the Team Fortress 2 player population to "pony up". lol

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching
4. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching Nov 27, 2012, 22:55 Mordecai Walfish

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:11:
I just can't get into this. I hate having to start each match trying to get groups setup, no flush system, and honestly 3rd person view (yeah I suck but I'm horrible at keeping the legs/torso in sync to actually function).

Trying to get groups set up? You mean weapons groups or groups of players? The limit is 4 it's not that hard.. just go on the C3 dropship channels and look for players, it's usually a really quick process.. and if you don't find one immediately just sit yourself in one of the channels and play a couple rounds while you're waiting.

Alignment of legs/torso can be easily discovered via the HUD, just takes getting used to.

Learning to control heat levels is the trickiest part, and effective use of override takes practice, but is rewarding after you learn the ropes.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Gearbox explains why Borderlands isn't on Wii U. Nov 26, 2012, 23:23 Mordecai Walfish

It's one of those problems of the Wii: the only people who have ever made a lot of money on the Wii is Nintendo.

Truth.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
12. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 25, 2012, 19:48 Mordecai Walfish

Flatline wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 17:23:
I've always wondered why consoles were so goddamn anemic in the memory department. Xbox launched with 512 system memory at a time when 2-3 gigs was pretty commonplace and not particularly expensive.

A $15-$30 difference in production costs over the sales of millions of consoles would be the justification of this, as that adds up to quite a bit of profit loss for something deemed "not necessary". Yes it was a relatively low amount compared to PC's of the day, but they didn't have to worry about things like a fully bloated O/S taking up a lion's share of the pie as well.

DangerDog wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 14:39:
On the PC people are already pushing the envelope way beyond what the next gen consoles can bring, upgrading from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440 is just one of those things that you can do today and will be even more mainstream going forward.

I personally am satisfied completely at the moment with 1920x1080 on PC. The move up to a true 120hz lcd was much more important to me, and does more to improve the experience than the bump in resolution and resulting loss in performance. With games like Natural Selection 2 and Planetside 2 currently raping PC hardware as it is, I would rather not be forced to that high a resolution to maintain the native output of my monitor. Either way, both paths (2560x1440 & 120hz) are great upgrades for a PC user, depending on your preferences.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Nov 24, 2012, 17:39 Mordecai Walfish

I understand where he is coming from, to some degree, but the notion that we should only be "swanning around with better outfits and weapons" if we purchase the game from say.. Gamestop, or some other store with "in-game exclusives", is laughable at best. I very much prefer the kickstarter method than what is going on currently. You invest more into it becoming reality, you get more out of it.. pretty simple.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 15:49 Mordecai Walfish

Posted this in the sales thread too, as it is the best price that this has been so far:

The PS Vita is on sale for $180 in a bundle with Assassin's Creed 3 on Amazon

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 15:41 Mordecai Walfish

Holy crap, The PS Vita is on sale for $180 in a bundle with Assassin's Creed on Amazon

Finally a tempting price for this.. I might actually pick one up

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Launches
40. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 21, 2012, 18:12 Mordecai Walfish

jakecroft wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 17:23:
Wow I expected to see others having CTD issues. I played the beta for months and although I would occasionally crash, this new build will not work for me. I have 2 totally different systems one is a intel 2500k and the other is an AMD 6 core both have 8 gig ram and both have nvidia cards one is a 660ti and the other is a 560ti. I downloaded both systems from Steam and both computers CTD within 30 seconds of the start of the game. Ive tried differnet sets of drivers even the beta ones that say they are specific for PS2 stability. On the forums there are many others that have the same issue as myself CTD over and over. This is by far the worst launch of any game ive seen personally but it seems others have no issues playing it. The one good thing is the game was totally free if this game was not free and it was something I bought I would be losing my mind but I have so many other games to play right now it doesnt really matter. I played Planetside 1 and really liked it but that one was a pay to play and I quickly lost interest once I got into battlefield. This one I played in the beta and It seems good but It looks like a game where you will have the upper hand if you decide to pay some money for. The devs said its not going to be a pay to win type of game but it sure looks like one.

I CTD, but it is random and never within 30 seconds of starting the game. Since launch I've CTD'd 4 or 5 times actually. (amd phenom2 quadcore 4 gigs ram gtx480 win7-64)

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 13:30:
If "lone wolves" are useless then it just isn't the game for me. Oh well. Have fun everybody.

It really depends on your definition of "useless". I've sneaked into enemy territories with the light assault class a couple times and staked out very nice positions, taking down 10+ enemies where they completely didn't expect me.. Jetpacks rock =)

But then you run out of ammo and start to run around trying to knife people, which feels incredibly dull... and your overall contribution to the team isn't much but delaying enemies while doing this. Still they were some fun scenarios to end up in while learning the game early on =) A wingman with ammo drop could have made the carnage much more long-lasting though!

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2012, 18:17.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2012, 18:07 Mordecai Walfish

Rigs wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 16:00:
Has anyone seen this game on Kickstarter? Holy Geezus! I don't know if it's been mentioned or not but WOW! That's an RPG I'd actually play! (Coming from a sim/wargame geek)...

(Ran into it while looking at this game here...)

=-Rigs-=

Grand theft Auto meets Morrowind on a 150,000 kickstarter. I don't see how that could *possibly* go wrong

News Comments > Mirror's Edge 2 in Development
23. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 18:01 Mordecai Walfish

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 17:51:
Anyone ever tried this game in 3D? I imagine that must be pretty intense.

I actually felt while playing this game that it was the first one I really wanted to play in full 3D... I even have a "3d ready" monitor (benQ xl2420t) but could never justify the $100+ for the actual kit, as I know I would not get much use out of it at all..

Turning off the crosshair and playing through on hard with 3D seems like it would be the ultimate place to take this one, given the great deal of immersion the game already provides. Maybe I'll find a cheap set of used 3dVision glasses some day and try it out..

News Comments > Mirror's Edge 2 in Development
1. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 11:02 Mordecai Walfish

Awesome news. I actually just played through this game for the first time a couple months ago (when it was "free" over Origin) and was impressed with the overall design and mechanics.

I had played it on a friend's 360 *very* briefly when it was first released, but PC is (as always) a much more satisfying and rich experience. Forcing Ambient Occlusion in nvidia control panel helped add a bit of depth to the graphics that was missing, as well.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2012, 10:58 Mordecai Walfish

Happy birthday Blue! Cheers to many more, & as always, thanks for the news!  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Patched
6. Re: Natural Selection 2 Patched Nov 21, 2012, 07:35 Mordecai Walfish

Dades wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 22:51:
TychoCelchuuu wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 22:39:
This wouldn't be the Blue's News comment section if people didn't complain about literally everything.

He wasn't complaining that they are supporting the game if you two numbskulls had bothered to read what he said, it was the how and that does matter. Huge balance swings and updates that are so frequent that they aren't even properly tested tend to hurt multiplayer communities more than they help.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

They are properly tested though. Anyone can join in and test the new changes before theyre out by joining the beta channel in steam for the game.

The seemingly drastic changes came as a result of the heavy win % that aliens were getting as more players became accustomed to them. Marines were winning only 40% of matches before they implemented the changes and something needed to be done very quickly, as the resulting feeling for newer players is defined by whether they feel the game is balanced or not..

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Launches
19. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 21, 2012, 07:05 Mordecai Walfish

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 23:40:
So does it really just drop you in the middle of a battle with no idea what you're doing? Probably a really bad first impression for a lot of first timers, should have started you in a training tutorial and let you remap your keys and such. Seems like a terrible design decision. If I wasn't familiar with Planetside and knew how good this game could be, I would have said screw it and logged out, as I imagine a lot of people will do.

Even worse for those of us who use non-standard keyboard layouts/bindings. Getting air-dropped right into the game without being able to set anything up first was kind of jarring, no doubt. Then seeing all the miscellaneous bindings that had little to no description made things even worse.

On the fence about this one currently.. I liked some aspects of it.. but others seemed kind of dull to me. I'll have to play more to really get into the teamplay aspects and such, I guess.

News Comments > Halo Team Seeks MMO Devs
7. Re: Halo Team Seeks MMO Devs Nov 21, 2012, 06:56 Mordecai Walfish

and planetside 2 released today which is like a halo mmo.

one can only wonder what they're up to.

771 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo