Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 877 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Memorial Tech Bits
9. Re: Memorial Tech Bits May 27, 2014, 05:48 Mordecai Walfish

NKD wrote on May 26, 2014, 21:22:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 26, 2014, 21:11:
The game has the graphics quality of GTA4..

Yeah it looks exactly like GTA4. You're right.

Literally indistinguishable from Watch Dogs.

Which game is this car from? I can't tell.

This is getting ridiculous. In about 3 days you guys will be saying it looks like Super Mario Bros.

You managed to find bad looking screenshots from a 6 year old game.. Congratulations!

You are the googler of the day, sir.

There are also some really good looking ones, especially with the number of great mods out there. (Can Watch_Dogs be modded or has UBI talked about that at all?)

I agree the graphics are better in Watch Dogs. It has details in places that GTAIV does not. GTAIV also has detail in places that Watch Dogs does not. The character models, animations, shadows, shaders, and lighting in particular are much better in Watch Dogs. (As they should be..) Sorry about the hyperbole in my original post. I'm just a bit disappointed with the performance of Watch Dogs, really. But GTA4 has it's own issues in that department as well and we all know it's launch was a nightmare. Bonus points to Watch Dogs for releasing on PC alongside consoles on day 1, also.

Fantaz wrote on May 27, 2014, 02:53:
i do agree that PC cannot be their target platform (they really said it was?) because the controls, graphics and everything are completely console centric. i'd actually prefer to trade in my PC copy to play it on PS4 at this point now, if that was at all possible.

They sure did.

This comment was edited on May 27, 2014, 06:13.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Memorial Tech Bits
1. Re: Memorial Tech Bits May 26, 2014, 21:11 Mordecai Walfish

The game has the graphics quality of GTA4.. a 5 year old title.. but struggles this much on modern GPUs? I would hate to see what it looked like with the consoles being their "target platform". (I would imagine it would look alot like this launch does) It couldn't be that they were lying about the PC being the target.. could it?  

News Comments > Memorial Consolidation
10. Re: Memorial Consolidation May 26, 2014, 20:36 Mordecai Walfish

NKD wrote on May 26, 2014, 14:12:
Remasters of PS3/Xbox360 era games? That would be a colossal waste of time and money.

I would reckon that when The Last of Us is released on PS4 and likely does well, we'll be seeing alot more of these remakes.

I personally cannot believe that they list all of those franchises and leave out ICO/Shadow of the Colossus as being candidates for a next gen remake. That seems pretty obvious.

I'd like to see Square return to their simpler roots with a Final Fantasy 7 remake also.. that game desperately needs a graphical update. Hard to do that with so much nostalgia baked into those blocky little characters though!

News Comments > Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide
31. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 26, 2014, 20:28 Mordecai Walfish

siapnar wrote on May 26, 2014, 19:48:
Live stream: http://www.twitch.tv/watch_dogs_

Warning: The guy REALLY sucks at video gaming

WOW.. I watched that stream for all of 10 minutes and was lucky to catch what I did. Saw a police chase from the rail down to the shore and the dude hopped into one of those sea-taxis and started booking it down the shoreline but when he had the camera turned around hit an embankment and the sea-taxi scuttled up the beach a bit and landed near a 3 foot tall wall. The taxi was angled to the side about 45 degrees off center and when he tried bailing from the boat, he got stuck in the interior, only able to run around to the 3 exits from the ships interior, but the angle of the boat being *slightly* off prevented him from leaving. He was surrounded by like 20 cop cars on the shore and police swarming in from their cars, but was completely invincible to them and his shots from the windows did nothing to the cops either. Absolutely stuck with no option but to load his last save/checkpoint.. hopefully the game has an easy-mode autosave feature.. lol I literally only had to tune in for 10 minutes to see this in action.. I wonder how common bugs like these are?

News Comments > Watch Dogs Videos
65. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 26, 2014, 19:40 Mordecai Walfish

Jerykk wrote on May 26, 2014, 06:37:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 23, 2014, 22:38:
It's pretty sad that UBIsoft had such piss-poor timing with the release. Everyone who pirated this fucker is playing it over the holiday weekend, while the rest of us suckers and our useless preorders have to wait until the work-week starts again.

Pretty sure they didn't plan for the game to be leaked and pirated so early. They could have released the game last Tuesday but then they'd be competing with Wolfenstein and Transistor. To my knowledge, there are no other high profile releases on the 27th.

I was just venting. :-/ I dont know why every game under the sun has decided that Tuesday has to be release day, probably some bean-counter optimized schtick but they could have released it on Friday morning at the beginning of the holiday weekend.. I don't think that would have detracted from sales in the slightest. The 3 games are completely different genres with appeal to a wide range of gamers..

Ah well, no harm done, I actually got to play through south park with a second character this weekend (Jew) and it was a riot. It's nice to have a good South Park game to return to =)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2014, 09:43 Mordecai Walfish

Verno wrote on May 26, 2014, 09:31:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 26, 2014, 02:32:
Speaking of TV, I just started using an app for android and plugin for XBMC called "Cartoon HD", which sounds like a cartoon channel, but contains everything from the top 250 imdb films, to game of thrones, tons of anime and cartoon series.. all in HD.

I couldnt believe how well it worked when I first tried on my HTC One, video loaded/buffered almost instantly and playback was in full HD. Quite a gem of a free app, thats for sure. You have the option to either stream or download when you start also, so if youre going to be in a low reception area or have low data caps and want to download on wifi before watching later, it just works.

Most of that is copyrighted shit though and that app will be nuked from both stores. I'm no saint with my entertainment setup but Blue has told people before not to post stuff like this, just a heads up.

It was explained to me as a royalty-through-advertising app, I didn't realize it was of a questionable nature :-/

That's really unfortunate, as I have literally never seen better performance from a streaming app on my phone..

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
15. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 26, 2014, 02:40 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on May 25, 2014, 18:14:
All I'm seeing is a page of apps now, did it end?

When you go to the link :http://tinyurl.com/10AmazonDollars

You should see a page of 5 apps. All free. Download them all to your android device to get the first 1000. Then if you dont have a kindle, go back to your computer after you have installed the app store on your android device and purchase gta:sa with your coins there after you click past the warning, and you will get 20 dollars in coins for spending 699 coins from the 1000, leaving you with $23.01 in amazon coins. Didnt even know "Amazon coins" existed until today, lol.

The apps are still free and worth 200 coins each, as far as i can tell.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2014, 02:32 Mordecai Walfish

Speaking of TV, I just started using an app for android and plugin for XBMC called "Cartoon HD", which sounds like a cartoon channel, but contains everything from the top 250 imdb films, to game of thrones, tons of anime and cartoon series.. all in HD.

I couldnt believe how well it worked when I first tried on my HTC One, video loaded/buffered almost instantly and playback was in full HD. Quite a gem of a free app, thats for sure. You have the option to either stream or download when you start also, so if youre going to be in a low reception area or have low data caps and want to download on wifi before watching later, it just works.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
62. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 25, 2014, 23:46 Mordecai Walfish

I just joined the Blue's News outfit in SC a couple weeks ago and just received an e-mail from another group trying to recruit me instead?

"We have chosen to invite you because your main organization Blue's News is focused on Transport and as we have great exciting opportunities for transporting in deep space. We plan to train our transporter allies and traders and provide them with the best knowledge, the best trade routes, a great market to trade to in deep space, and most importantly protection that will allow them to get rich without the need to worry about anything else."

59. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 25, 2014, 18:35 Mordecai Walfish

Cancelled my pre-order. It's too fishy that they're spending all this time on viral videos and shit instead of allowing their game to be reviewed after it's been gold for so long.

Been burned by shady publisher practices too many times in the past to not think there's something up here.

I pretty much never pre-order games anyways so this was a bit unusual for me, I think it's just the GTAV starvation I'm currently facing.. making me do silly things like pre-order games.

"Oh we'll let VICE and Conan O'brien promote it for us and keep any legitimate review service from spilling the beans until *after* we have all that sweet pre-order loot"

Not buying into your schtick, UBIsoft.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
12. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 25, 2014, 17:34 Mordecai Walfish

killer_roach wrote on May 24, 2014, 14:25:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 24, 2014, 12:57:
A Free $10 Credit from Amazon.

Sweet - it is for Amazon coins - but those work like cash for a lot of their content. Fire TV here I come!

One other thing you might want to do to goose your credit further is to use some of that credit to buy GTA San Andreas from the Appstore - it's $6.99, but the promotion is still active where you get an additional 2000 coins ($20!) if you buy it.

Thanks for the heads up on this! Deal of the day, for sure =) Got GTA:SA and Final Fantasy 6 for free!

NOTE: If you do not have a Kindle, you cannot purchase GTA:SA on your android device! To get around this, just log into your amazon account on your PC and spend the coins there for it. It will give you a warning but still let you proceed and you will get the free coins. On a non-kindle device using their appstore it simply blocks you from purchase.

This comment was edited on May 25, 2014, 17:56.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 25, 2014, 17:03 Mordecai Walfish

Malwarebytes is an excellent free anti-malware tool that has saved the asses of many people who's pc's I have fixed. I don't know who this "expert" is working for, but he's dead wrong.

SuperAntispyware is another example of a good free anti-malware program.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
60. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 25, 2014, 16:53 Mordecai Walfish

Flak wrote on May 25, 2014, 16:42:
Creston wrote on May 25, 2014, 16:08:
I love how you people keep calling him a troll, thus recognizing that he is one, and yet YOU KEEP FUCKING REPLYING TO HIM.

Do you seriously not get that you're being FUCKING TROLLED???

And yet here you are telling us we're being trolled after we discuss how we're being trolled by a poor troll who has not only a history of trolling, but an avatar of it next to his name. I'd appreciate a pure discussion about the actual topic, but since that seems to be a thing of the past on this website...back to the troll chronicles...The circle jerk continues!

Just add to VGReagle to your ignore list guys. There is nothing added to a conversation about Star Citizen by having him around, just F.U.D.

It's not so much the FUD as the blatant lies, misinformation and unnecessary conflation he brings to the table that gets rather stale.

The only addition to his claims here is that the game is obviously "pay to win" because people who backed before a certain data get cosmetic upgrades to their hanger. Again, this is just sewage seeping from an apparently mentally unstable individual. While I do feel a bit of empathy for his obvious mental issues, I don't come to bluesnews to indulge the kind of petulance he represents.

55. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 20:28 Mordecai Walfish

McJammiepants wrote on May 24, 2014, 16:50:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 24, 2014, 09:09:
Have 3-4 hours in the game - there is no way the PC was lead platform - it just isn't possible.

As stated, the menu and UI is direct console version. Large text and boxes, terrible mouse input, weird mouse movement, etc.

Weapon wheel is really f-d up. Hold tab then go around, but then there are multiple selections for each item, and it isn't easy to switch. Just a mess.

Because the mouse stuff is so jacked up, gun fights are a nightmare - I guess I could turn on auto aim.

If the PC was lead platform, none of the UI stuff would be this bad. It is absolutely unacceptable in 2014 for this stuff to be like this.

It honestly feels like an arcade driving game with running elements put in afterwards. It lacks polish. Remember the last few Driver games? Where you could get out of the car and run around - yea, it feels THAT bad.

I agree with everything you have written here. It's a shame too, because it resides near the border of great game territory, while crippling itself enough to exist on the side of frustrating deficiency.

The sluggish controls continually pull me out of a sense of immersion, which amplifies the annoyance of a console oriented UI. They got close, but it isn't likely a game I will be going back to after a week, or so.

That's some really disappointing feedback. The lack of reviews so close to release has me equally worried at this point. Comparing it to driver 2/3 on playstation 1/2? WOW.

52. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 05:13 Mordecai Walfish

Fantaz wrote on May 24, 2014, 02:25:
signs of a crappy PC port... bad mouselook (not direct input, but laggy console analog stick emulation style, with anti-acceleration), in-game UI controls poorly with KB+m (navigating Aiden's cell phone with mouse emulating right stick, and can't freelook in this mode), poor performance (pauses for a few seconds randoms and chugs at times on best computer), random visual artifacts, bugs, crashes, low res UI (for better 360/PS3 readability?), etc. i am disappointed to hear about these. prolly will wait for the game to be patched up and heavily discounted before i consider it a worthy purchase just yet.

Direct mouse input isnt too much of a concern for me in this.. it's not like the developers want you to spin around like a dreidel with unrealistic, fake looking 1:1 mouse movement when youre turning. Aiming in your FOV would ideally not be cumbersome though.. we'll see =)

44. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 23, 2014, 23:26 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on May 23, 2014, 22:59:
GODDAMMIT! Amazon is shipping copies early, BUT NOT MINE.

If this was GTA, I'd be having a fucking stroke right now.

Damn.. here's hoping you get a surprise in the mail tomorrow then! My digital key still won't work until Tuesday unfortunately..

38. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 23, 2014, 22:38 Mordecai Walfish

It's pretty sad that UBIsoft had such piss-poor timing with the release. Everyone who pirated this fucker is playing it over the holiday weekend, while the rest of us suckers and our useless preorders have to wait until the work-week starts again.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews May 23, 2014, 20:44 Mordecai Walfish

Just saw that EVGA is coming out with a carbon fiber body gaming mouse with a silver plated USB cable:

http://www.evga.com/mice/torq/

LOL-- at least they use a good sensor in it.. but this is more than a little bit retarded.

EDIT: Just saw the pricing (for pre-order) and I have to say that they seem to be priced very well for what you get. The carbon fiber one is going for $69.99 and you can get a non-carbon fiber version for $49.99: (preorder)

http://www.newegg.com/EVGA-Mice/BrandSubCat/ID-1402-65

Regular prices are a bit ridiculous though.

This comment was edited on May 23, 2014, 21:01.

33. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 23, 2014, 18:31 Mordecai Walfish

So apparently UBI invited a bunch of youtube streamers to play the game early and post videos of it. I found one while I was searching for a recorded video of UBI's official Twitch stream of the game this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W11Vnnse4Ac

The quality of the driving looks to be somewhere between Saints Row 3 and GTA:San Andreas. Disappointing. Damage modeling for the cars is terrible and there looked to be no tire-pops (besides intended spike strips) or axle damage or anything-- just smoke that steadily gets worse from the engine as your car takes rather minor damage from huge crashes.

I'll be playing this on PC & just pre-ordered with the GMG coupon below (thanks Batman!), on the standard edition so that I do not have anything that potentially makes the game easier, because frankly it looks like the difficulty level is pretty low.

I'll most likely be using PS3 controller for vehicles and kb/m for on foot. If the difficulty is tuned in the game to be so low that it's made for less precise controller players, I may just only use kb/m during multiplayer.. we'll see.

If anyone finds a link to twitch.tv's official UBIsoft stream of gameplay from this morning, please post it. Thanks!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse May 22, 2014, 19:42 Mordecai Walfish

I hadn't received an e-mail either, and only first heard the news here.

Went to try and reset my password, had an e-mail sent to me with the obligatory "This message will self destruct in 24 hours" message, clicked on the link to reset, and was greeted by this:

"Sorry! We're currently experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to complete the process at this time"

Ebay's gone down the shitter, it seems!

877 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo