Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 741 (Apprentice)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Second Antharion Kickstarter
7. Re: Second Antharion Kickstarter Dec 2, 2012, 10:00 Mordecai Walfish

Agreed. The art style in this game looks terrible to me. Unimaginative pogo avatar cartoons that would not be at all out of place on some shitty facebook social game.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 1, 2012, 18:05 Mordecai Walfish

Hopefully this is only the beginning to a robust and healthy online environment for the WiiU. It's way overdue for Nintendo to get this shit in order!  

News Comments > New Steam Greenlight Approvals
18. Re: New Steam Greenlight Approvals Dec 1, 2012, 11:29 Mordecai Walfish

Dev wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 23:43:
I'm not going to pay $40 for FRAPS (for years I've checked for sales on that) and its also never made it to steam despite my hopes, so hopefully one of those other ones is cheaper and works decently.

DXtory is free and records video, AFAIK.

12. Re: New Steam Greenlight Approvals Nov 30, 2012, 19:04 Mordecai Walfish

Prez wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 18:09:
Dragon's Lair was amazing for it's time to kids like me who saw it for the one simple reason that it allowed a player to determine the outcome of a cartoon. To those of us who were cartoon-obsessed tweens at the time, that was an impossible dream come true.

Agreed. Being able to control a Don Bluth cartoon was amazing and is easily one of my favorite arcade games of all time, and one I spent more quarters on than most.

I was reading the wiki and apparently there was a recent movie project (listed between 2006/2007)in the works that seems to have hit some roadblocks, and is awaiting funding:

According to Don Bluth and Gary Goldman a Dragon's Lair movie has been scripted and is ready to go into production once financing for the project is in place. The film will be in the classic, traditional 2D animation style. Currently, however, the project is in development hell.

6. Re: New Steam Greenlight Approvals Nov 30, 2012, 17:03 Mordecai Walfish

Rhino wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 16:16:
Draugr wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 15:52:
50 years from now Dragon's lair is STILL going to be offered on every new device/distribution platform.

And I'll still be alive and kicking, reminding myself that even back in the 80's I kept trying to convince myself that it was a cool game.

I remember first seeing Dragon's Lair and thinking it was so badass. Playing it now just feels so cheap given it's simply a cartoon driven by quick time events..

nin wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 16:36:
I'm a little ashamed to say I'd buy Dragon's Lair, provided the video quality was good, as I've not played in upwards of 30 years.

If nostalgia is really hitting you that hard for this one.. heres all 22 minutes of animation from the game, including all death scenes, in order:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znO_m00s8II

Much more fun to watch than to play through, IMO =)

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround
38. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 16:56 Mordecai Walfish

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 16:42:
Sempai wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 16:25:
And dare i say Gabe and his Steam portal need to grow a pair and stop allowing this 3rd party bullshit through their ALREADY PROVIDED DRM SERVICE.

I don't see what real difference it makes, you're already using DRM enriched Steam, it's not like Uplay is resource intensive. PC Gamers: BOO UBISOFT DRM! same breath oooo I'll buy <insert title here> on steam and play that!

Because everyone should bask in the utter convenience of using multiple frontends/DRM clusterfucks to be a true PC Gamer!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 30, 2012, 14:55 Mordecai Walfish

For the new av-test.org results it appears that for paid antivirus, BitDefender is currently at the top of the pack.

For free antivirus it would appear that Avast! is #1 currently, with Avira having dropped considerably since the last round.

Their website is getting pounded currently, but they are one of the only resources I really trust for AV benchmarks.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround
18. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 14:08 Mordecai Walfish

A buddy of mine had to crack the game to get *his legit copy* working correctly because of UPlay fuckery.

UBI is killing themselves & I don't think they even realize it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 29, 2012, 21:07 Mordecai Walfish

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 16:50:
Kobalt wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 14:43:
The fact that nintendo won the console wars

It seems like MS was the winner to me. No doubt the Wii had it's wild fire moments, but no legs, too many old bitties bought it only for bowling.

MS imo has the market lead now, Live being the main reason why.

That said, I'm out of consoles unless they do something amazing in the control dept.

Agreed, this is *exactly* why MS was the winner:

More than 40 million of the 70 million Xbox 360 customers also have Xbox Live online subscriptions

Sorry, selling more consoles does not make you automatically "win" anymore.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Nov 29, 2012, 14:09 Mordecai Walfish

Verno wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 12:24:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 12:15:
I'm sorry I wasted money on Chivalry. While I enjoyed some of the first Warband game I thought this would be at least as decent, but couldn't even get through the tutorials before i turned it off.

Hmm I was thinking about picking it up, what were the main turn offs if you don't mind me asking?

I was also considering this one, as I really do enjoy good melee combat games like PVK2 =).. whats the deal with this one that makes it not-even-finish-the-tutorial worthy?

News Comments > Retrobooster Demo
1. Re: Retrobooster Demo Nov 29, 2012, 14:01 Mordecai Walfish

Interesting looking game.. seems to be a mixture of defender, asteroids, and more traditional shmup elements.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching
10. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching Nov 29, 2012, 05:49 Mordecai Walfish

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 00:39:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:55:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:11:
I just can't get into this. I hate having to start each match trying to get groups setup, no flush system, and honestly 3rd person view (yeah I suck but I'm horrible at keeping the legs/torso in sync to actually function).

Trying to get groups set up? You mean weapons groups or groups of players? The limit is 4 it's not that hard.. just go on the C3 dropship channels and look for players, it's usually a really quick process.. and if you don't find one immediately just sit yourself in one of the channels and play a couple rounds while you're waiting.

Alignment of legs/torso can be easily discovered via the HUD, just takes getting used to.

Learning to control heat levels is the trickiest part, and effective use of override takes practice, but is rewarding after you learn the ropes.

Weapon Groups. If there is a way to do them in the mechlab I haven't figured it out yet, then again I haven't spent much time with MWO.
Also I highly hate the mechlab. Give me the old 2d design instead of clicking on a section of the mech and having it zoom in then fighting to get to the whole mech.

Rather have the Mechwarrior 4 series updated to a newer graphics engine.

Oh, those are a 1 time setup. You'll only ever have to mess with them again if you want to change something later on down the road. I agree they should have the ability to set them in the mechlab and I would assume that feature will be in at some point, as it just makes sense. Either that or setting up weapons groups in the pre-game wait.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Nov 29, 2012, 03:13 Mordecai Walfish

It would seem so.. a number of friends on the mumble server I frequent expressed the same concerns about the playerbase.

I personally saw this for what it was long before the beta started and would not ever pay for something as blatant of a ripoff as this. "Lets change "day" to "war" and use crappy engine "b" instead of crappy engine "a"!"

How could it possibly go wrong!?

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods
12. Re: PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods Nov 28, 2012, 12:28 Mordecai Walfish

Sleep wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 11:53:
hmmm shouty shouty.

Well, these are mostly around a widescreen fix and sweetfx. sweetfx removed the fog back when you could disable FXAA, not possible since launch. The widescreen fix was something more controversial, dont know much about that.

But of course there are the inevitable cheats, wall hack, aimbots and that nonsense. Guess ill be pulling sweetfx tonight, although I hope the dev who is also using it and posted about it pulls his too.

I disabled the FXAA vaseline filter on day 1 of the release, and it's stayed off ever since then. No problems here.

EDIT: Was thinking of Natural Selection 2, whoops. You're right there is no setting for it in PS2, unfortunately.

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 2012, 18:31.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 28, 2012, 00:21 Mordecai Walfish

Well at least Bungie claims it will be coming to PC =)

With concept art like this one might even hope for some decent space combat.. which is something I would love to see Bungie try their hand at.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2012, 23:59 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:26:
We need to start some sort of Snuggle Truck movement. Make it a meme so everyone buys it and plays it. Make it the best selling, most played game of all time! That'd rock so hard. People playing Snuggle Truck on their phones in the subway. Snuggle Truck merchandise everywhere. Awesome!

Advertize the fact that it includes a "Brony Mode" and you'll get half of the Team Fortress 2 player population to "pony up". lol

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching
4. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching Nov 27, 2012, 22:55 Mordecai Walfish

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:11:
I just can't get into this. I hate having to start each match trying to get groups setup, no flush system, and honestly 3rd person view (yeah I suck but I'm horrible at keeping the legs/torso in sync to actually function).

Trying to get groups set up? You mean weapons groups or groups of players? The limit is 4 it's not that hard.. just go on the C3 dropship channels and look for players, it's usually a really quick process.. and if you don't find one immediately just sit yourself in one of the channels and play a couple rounds while you're waiting.

Alignment of legs/torso can be easily discovered via the HUD, just takes getting used to.

Learning to control heat levels is the trickiest part, and effective use of override takes practice, but is rewarding after you learn the ropes.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Gearbox explains why Borderlands isn't on Wii U. Nov 26, 2012, 23:23 Mordecai Walfish

It's one of those problems of the Wii: the only people who have ever made a lot of money on the Wii is Nintendo.

Truth.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
12. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 25, 2012, 19:48 Mordecai Walfish

Flatline wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 17:23:
I've always wondered why consoles were so goddamn anemic in the memory department. Xbox launched with 512 system memory at a time when 2-3 gigs was pretty commonplace and not particularly expensive.

A $15-$30 difference in production costs over the sales of millions of consoles would be the justification of this, as that adds up to quite a bit of profit loss for something deemed "not necessary". Yes it was a relatively low amount compared to PC's of the day, but they didn't have to worry about things like a fully bloated O/S taking up a lion's share of the pie as well.

DangerDog wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 14:39:
On the PC people are already pushing the envelope way beyond what the next gen consoles can bring, upgrading from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440 is just one of those things that you can do today and will be even more mainstream going forward.

I personally am satisfied completely at the moment with 1920x1080 on PC. The move up to a true 120hz lcd was much more important to me, and does more to improve the experience than the bump in resolution and resulting loss in performance. With games like Natural Selection 2 and Planetside 2 currently raping PC hardware as it is, I would rather not be forced to that high a resolution to maintain the native output of my monitor. Either way, both paths (2560x1440 & 120hz) are great upgrades for a PC user, depending on your preferences.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Nov 24, 2012, 17:39 Mordecai Walfish

I understand where he is coming from, to some degree, but the notion that we should only be "swanning around with better outfits and weapons" if we purchase the game from say.. Gamestop, or some other store with "in-game exclusives", is laughable at best. I very much prefer the kickstarter method than what is going on currently. You invest more into it becoming reality, you get more out of it.. pretty simple.  

741 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo