Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 778 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall Update Plans
10. Re: Titanfall Update Plans Apr 16, 2014, 03:35 Mordecai Walfish

Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 20:07:
all updates besides map packs will be free

Charging for map packs is the worst thing you can do to an online community.

QFT.

Fragmenting your playerbase like this only helps if you plan on shoveling out a new version every year and would rather have the population die out on the previous rendition because everyone is playing the new one. If any video game designer even remotely considers the "art" of what they do and respects the medium in that light, they would *never* choose to fragment a game's playerbase like map pack DLC always does.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2014, 10:59 Mordecai Walfish

"Here's A Game Where You Pretend To Be An Airplane."

Already got my fill of "pretending to be an airplane" yesterday with the whole USAirways twitter scandal. /giggity

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Apr 12, 2014, 16:56 Mordecai Walfish

Acleacius wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 13:38:
Everything but PC games?

Noticed that too. Not a very classy move, Newegg.

News Comments > GameSpy Shutting Down Services
12. Re: GameSpy Shutting Down Services Apr 3, 2014, 19:58 Mordecai Walfish

This is why services like Game Ranger exist. Look there for support for many of the games that Gamespy is dropping  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 2, 2014, 05:53 Mordecai Walfish

InBlack wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 03:15:
Nighthawk wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 21:37:
Task wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 19:37:
Aaaand this is why I'll only own vehicles pre-2000 thank you very much.
Yeah, cars before 2000 never got stolen

What Nighthawk said. Also, wouldnt stealing someone's keys be the same thing as stealing someone's password? That title is also misleading, what the article actually says (unlike the fucking heading) is that what they can do with the password is open the car, they cant actually start it! Fucking journalists. I hate them more with every single fucking day.

The article is titled "Hackers Can Unlock Tesla Cars by Stealing Owners’ Passwords" It didn't say it let them steal the cars. I thought that was pretty clear.

News Comments > Michael Abrash Joins Oculus
31. Re: Michael Abrash Joins Oculus Mar 28, 2014, 17:37 Mordecai Walfish

This is shaping up very well, indeed. The money is in the right hands & the dream team is assembling. I'm very much looking forward to seeing this released soon  

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
41. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 28, 2014, 08:39 Mordecai Walfish

Killswitch wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 06:33:
You'll want to use Widescreen Fixer for this game because the FOV is horrible.

www.widescreenfixer.org

This seems like a very useful program.. thanks for sharing!

News Comments > Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves
35. Re: Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves Mar 27, 2014, 05:14 Mordecai Walfish

InBlack wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 04:12:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 22:26:
How is this a good business decision? I thought gaming companies made tons of money banning accounts and getting people to buy new ones? Interesting. BTW FYI this post is Trolling Free.

I was going to ask the same thing. I dont think cheaters should be allowed to play the game in any fashion. This is cutting them some serious slack. Also while this sounds fun on paper, I have trouble believing that this system is 100% fullproof. There will be a lot of false positives and regular people will get stuck in these cheat servers.

These cheater-only servers will likely be very valuable for respawn in their attempts to keep the game balanced. Once they have a cheater in the pool they then have a special environment set up on that server to monitor the players more closely and better dissect the current hacks. Sounds like a smart move that could pay off if they utilize this resource instead of just have it as some kind of punishment.

News Comments > New Titanfall Game Modes Coming
41. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 27, 2014, 02:23 Mordecai Walfish

Sepharo wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 22:51:
I find it funny that there are people complaining about how the DLC isn't ready but had it been day-0 people would have complained about that. Somehow it even seems that people are complaining about the new game modes being free. Also the game launched with Team Deathmatch, Control Points, CTF, and Titan elimination, yet there are people complaining that there aren't more modes yet. "Man this game ain't shit unless there are 7 modes at launch."

If it's multiplayer only? Bet your balls it better bring some variety to the table. Halo came out over 10 years ago and had a well-done single player campaign (with co-op!) and launched with more variety in it's multiplayer options (at least 5 multiplayer modes at launch, 16 players, and customizable rules) over 10 years ago.

The bar, even for console FPS, was raised *long* ago. Now we pay $60 for multiplayer only, 12 player matches, and 4 game modes.. GG, EA.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 26, 2014, 02:42 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 21:57:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 21:53:
Brilliant. There has to be gamers out there where money is no object. Sucks I'm not one.

its not for gaming, much like the titan wasn't positioned to be. Bitcoin farmers may grab it.

Bitcoin farmers would not touch this thing. Premium price for what can be achieved in a much less costly array of AMD gpu's. Performance-per-watt will be interesting to know though.

News Comments > New USFIV Class Revealed
3. Re: New USFIV Class Revealed Mar 17, 2014, 21:32 Mordecai Walfish

"Old class revealed" should be the headline. This is just another Cammy clone like juli and juni, the "doll" class character. Slight variations to the moves and new supers and Capcom regurgitates another character in the tradition of ken/ryu/akuma with another money-grab update.

Funny the headline incorrectly calls this a "class" also, instead of a character.. but it is really just another in a class of regurgitated characters in SF. Disappointing, but having Hugo and Elena in there will be awesome.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 16, 2014, 21:21 Mordecai Walfish

One last GTA firesale before announcing 5 for pc? =P  

News Comments > NVIDIA Ending Support for DX10-Generation Cards in 2016
18. Re: NVIDIA Ending Support for DX10-Generation Cards in 2016 Mar 14, 2014, 19:46 Mordecai Walfish

Aero wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 11:12:
I've not been happy with Nvidia drivers for the last several WHQL releases for my 580GTX. The display driver crashes at random every couple days when doing normal desktop things. Though it could be something new on my end, I suspect that the testing of drivers on hardware that's a few generations old has been relegated to the summer intern who won't be back until June.

Of course I don't really believe it, but a part of me also suspects planned obsolescence. I would upgrade if I felt any pressing need, but pretty much every game that's GPU bound is still running fine on max or near max settings. This might not be an uncommon feeling, particularly as the new console generation apparently isn't all that impressive hardware-wise.

I'm a GTX480 user with no such issues since the TDR problem mentioned in this post:

David Clark wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 13:19:
Re: crashes at the desktop. I don't know if you're using Firefox, but if you are, this may help. I was experiencing crashes every few weeks while browsing after updating to a new WHQL version a few months ago. Turns out that certain production runs of certain cards are having a difficult-to-trace hardware incompatibility with Firefox's hardware acceleration setting - after turning it off (Options -> Advanced -> General -> Browsing (Use Hardware Acceleration When Available)), no more crashes.

It's actually such a weird bug that nVidia asked people experiencing it to send in their cards for testing, since none of theirs on-site can reproduce the problem.

Anyway, worked for me - hope it helps you.

Which has not occurred for well over a year for me, I cant recall the last time the graphics driver crashed actually, and I'm using newest nVidia WHQL release now.

All this with a generous overclock and using video driver/monitor hacks to enable lightboost at 120hz and I've had 0 signs of instability on my rig. Never changed any settings in Firefox to fix the TDR issues either, it just got fixed in the driver for me eventually. Win7 Pro 64-bit AMD dualcore unlocked to quad (Phenom 2 555BE @ 3.6ghz)

News Comments > GameRanger Passes 5M Users
7. Re: GameRanger Passes 5M Users Mar 12, 2014, 19:50 Mordecai Walfish

I've used game ranger to play multiplayer games that had official support dropped. It's been a couple years since I used it last (for an old multiplayer game of monopoly from 2002) but it's always worked well when I used it.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Specs
36. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 22:29 Mordecai Walfish

mag wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 17:08:
I love my G700s from Logitech, though their mice do seem to have a left-mouse-button-dies-after-two-years problem lately. On the other hand, they have a three year warranty. So give them a call and a day later, brand new mouse. Hurray! They gave me a brand new G700s to replace my G700, didn't require the old one be shipped back or anything.

Logitech does have great service, I agree.

They replaced my broken mx518 for a g400 without me sending in the broken one as well, because they stopped making my mouse of choice, the mx518, for this better model. Superb

31. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 03:26 Mordecai Walfish

Bundy wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 02:51:
Yeah, I was a bit torn on the mouse too. I have an MX518 on my old PC. It's always been solid.

The g400 was logitech's replacement for this. Better in all ways except the cord.

25. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 17:01 Mordecai Walfish

LOL I have the minimum spec AMD processor on this list (AMD Phenom II- 555BE) unlocked to 4 cores and overclocked to a better performance point than the "recommended" AMD A8 processor. Been running this rig 24/7 for 3 years now and that little chip cost me $80 back when I got it.  

News Comments > Steam Video Capture Utility
15. Re: Steam Video Capture Utility Feb 24, 2014, 23:03 Mordecai Walfish

dj LiTh wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 18:38:
I recommend dxtory, its level of configuration is pretty great. I've got it setup to record in avi compressed format with about a 4-5fps loss, at really clear quality. 1 hour = about 10gb which is pretty awesome.

Same here, using the h264vfw codec which is fantastic

News Comments > Garry's Mod & Rust Have Each Earned > $30M
8. Re: Garry's Mod & Rust Have Each Earned > $30M Feb 22, 2014, 21:43 Mordecai Walfish

Tom wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 16:12:
There are a LOT of people actively playing Rust. It has the 8th highest concurrent users on Steam at the moment. I never thought I'd like this kind of game but I got sucked into it. It has an intensity that other kinds of games lack, and there's something to be said for that. It's definitely not for the faint of heart, nor those who give up easily in the face of adversity.

Of course, there are legitimate problems with cheaters, bugs, endgame, etc, but for an alpha it's quite good. $30 million good? Considering how the market is these days, yeah. I'd say they earned it. Definitely looking forward to seeing this game evolve.

Agreed. Took a while to find a good server with decent active admins, but once you do it's a fun game to get into, especially with a team. I started out strictly solo, moving from cave base to cave base avoiding the larger pk crews, building up an arsenal.. then eventually teamed up with a good group and tonight we blew through the largest base on this server, accumulating more guns, ammo and armor then I've seen in the past months combined while playing this game. It's quite a rush both defending and attacking bases, and I would *love* some sort of CTF element added to the game, maybe through a mod of some sort.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 21, 2014, 07:30 Mordecai Walfish

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 00:33:
Kitkoan wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 00:01:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 21:04:
"The Lowest Possible Score In 'Super Mario Bros.'"

What kind of shenanigans is this? The 4-2 warp zone is not accessed via a pipe.

So I'm not the only one who noticed that...

Within 20 seconds you can tell it is a mame/modded game.

It is a glitch in the game that you can do with even the NES version. There are actually a couple different ways to do this:

http://themushroomkingdom.net/bugs/5

778 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo