Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 972 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Facebook is the new AOL Jan 5, 2015, 11:33 Mordecai Walfish

From that article:

VR is the new VR

I love the Oculus Rift, but VR is just not happening anytime soon, just like it wasn't happening for Nintendo and the Virtual Boy in 1995. To everyone's credit, this is not a controversial opinion. Let's give it another few years and see how it goes.

People who compare the Rift to the Virtual Boy are those who have not tried it before and are simply critiquing from the sidelines. For a halfway decent article that brings up some striking similarities between Facebook and AOL, they completely fumbled in the couple sentences they dedicated to VR.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 4, 2015, 07:21 Mordecai Walfish

Yeah ASUS rocks. Been happy with their motherboards repeatedly for years, and my secondary monitor is a fantastic ASUS LCD thats always had better colors than my primary gaming monitor (BenQ XL2420T), despite it also being a TN panel that's at least 3 years older.  

News Comments > Another Steam Concurrent User Record
16. Re: Another Steam Concurrent User Record Jan 3, 2015, 21:33 Mordecai Walfish

Holy crap that is a bit of a shocker.

Had never heard of Dungeon Fighter Online either before seeing that, and it was the #1 earner last year.. crazy. like an mmo golden axe meets diablo

14. Re: Another Steam Concurrent User Record Jan 3, 2015, 15:24 Mordecai Walfish

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 11:28:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 09:13:
The amount of profit from WoW is probably the highest in the history of entertainment on any medium. Seriously, I don't think the profit from every deck of cards *ever* sold throughout human history can match what they have done in WoW.

It was for a while, but that LoL does crazy biz now and wouldn't be surprised to find out is has surpassed WoW.

I sincerely doubt that LoL brings in more money on it's free 2 play model than WoW though, I guess I've never seen the numbers for LoL, however.

11. Re: Another Steam Concurrent User Record Jan 3, 2015, 09:13 Mordecai Walfish

Kosumo wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 19:08:
Is that still lower the the most subsribers that WoW had at it's height? And they where all paying a monthly sub as well. Show how huge WoW got.

I was thinking the same thing. WoW players pay their monthly subscription for the same game each and every month (alot of times even just paying it while not even playing the game for the month) while a small percentage of steam users spends over $10 a month, depending on what titles are released or sales.

The amount of profit from WoW is probably the highest in the history of entertainment on any medium. Seriously, I don't think the profit from every deck of cards *ever* sold throughout human history can match what they have done in WoW.

News Comments > Lord British's First Game Free on GOG.com
14. Re: Lord British's First Game Free on GOG.com Dec 25, 2014, 00:20 Mordecai Walfish

Lord British/Ultima are great and everything but SoA is absolute garbage, IMO.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta
10. Re: Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta Dec 23, 2014, 23:33 Mordecai Walfish

The CTF mode is some of the most fun I've had in TF2. The grapple isnt quite offhand like LMCTF and doesnt allow tightening and slacking, but is easy to use as an offhand button without switching to the hook, and firing while hooking only requires you stop the hook for a split second to fire then you can fire your hook again. I was running circles around the enemy team reliving some Q1 CTF glory, and the runes are an excellent addition too.

Kudos to Valve for bringing this type of gameplay back, and doing it well. There's even a Quad Damage-like powerup that spawns in the middle of maps, and random crits are disabled. I'm glad they got things to this point before releasing to beta, as they pretty much just replicated thunderwalker ctf. It would be amazing if they remade some of those classic CTF maps for Q1/Q2 that haven't been played in years, but in TF2 style. I would personally love to contribute to a team that was focused on bringing many awesome classic maps to this new TF2 mode, even if they were unofficial it would be fun to have servers with rotations like that.

News Comments > Street Fighter V Confirmed
12. Re: Street Fighter V Confirmed Dec 8, 2014, 22:14 Mordecai Walfish

Jivaro wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 12:10:
Theo wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:44:
The cool thing about this is that PC and Ps4 Players are getting cross platform play - thats awsome - especially as the PC skill levels (on 4) dont seem to be as advanced as the console users.

I wonder if that is why there isn't a XBONE/XBOX 360 version coming....MS wouldn't authorize cross-platform.

Part of Microsoft's agreement for developers on Live is that they not have cross platform play with competing platforms. Hell Microsoft made both windows and the xbox and there was never even one cross-platform title. Microsoft has been it's own enemy for a long time and now Sony and Capcom are going to show them how proper cross platform gameplay is done and why it's not bad to have a more unified playerbase/community.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
13. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again Dec 8, 2014, 21:53 Mordecai Walfish

Take your time, get it right.

Plenty of good stuff to play in the meantime =)

News Comments > Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale
21. Re: Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 4, 2014, 15:10 Mordecai Walfish

Just got the free Age of Wonders there, as it's a series I've never played and that never really made sense because I like both mythology and strategy games..

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Meet Arthur the stray dog who followed an extreme sports team through the Amazon rainforest. Nov 26, 2014, 18:02 Mordecai Walfish

Great story about arthur tagging along in that extreme sports event. Really loved reading this today as it put me in good spirits for the upcoming holiday mess i'm about to embark in. Definitely thankful for the forces that allow us to have such great animal companions in life. Maybe it's arguable that they need us more than we need them.. I tend to look at pets with a more mutual agreement in mind.

Cheers & Happy Thanksgiving folks. Travel safe if you're heading out, the crazies are begrudgingly behind the wheel this time of year.. already seen some pretty bad accidents today.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 24, 2014, 22:00 Mordecai Walfish

Back when having a 2d card was a thing, I had a couple Matrox Millennium's that were always reliable, never any issues. I Remember coupling it with the Rendition Verite' V1000 and 3DFX cards for the first time. Man how that changed everything, I remember being blown away by actual filtering on textures in general, and that sweet antialaising and transparent water in GLquake, something I don't think vQuake ever got (vQuake was a much more uncommon precursor to GLquake, with support only for the v1000 chipset)..  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
7. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 24, 2014, 21:49 Mordecai Walfish

This god awful britannia property simulator/episodic ultima mmo is a complete abortion of a game. I Cant believe how much money they've milked from the suckers buying 1000 dollar houses before the game is even close to playable, and what is now "playable" is a complete crapfest.

So disappointing for an old fan of ultima.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
29. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 24, 2014, 18:09 Mordecai Walfish

There is an entire generation of newer (mostly fps) gamers that grew up making rape comments and yelling the n word over xbox live and other internet gaming services.

They now seek to defend their "right" to be complete jerk-off's because they no doubt desensitized themselves to the true meanings of these words while hearing (and often yelling them) all day long.

That shit might fly in random pickup games, but if you're putting yourself out there as a "pro" and getting sponsors for your "pro career" you should probably conduct yourself like a pro would, and perhaps even show a sliver of sportsmanship. Letting assholes like this off the hook because they think they changed the meaning by aggressively saying it over and over again to eachother on the internet in a different context is complete bullshit. If someone said this in a chess tournament against an opponent I imagine they would be treated the same way, and I only use chess as an example because it's the closest thing to "e-sports" I can think of at the moment.

Sometimes you just gotta grow up from whatever badly influenced habits you may have had (and maybe didn't realize you had) in the past. I doubt this player will be using language like this anytime in his future "pro" endeavors, and hopefully others who think this kind of abusive language is okay, however desensitized to it they think they've become, will see the repercussions of this and choose their words better if they ever compete in a professional tournament.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 15:30 Mordecai Walfish

http://digg.com/video/an-angry-londoner-contemplates-the-traffic

video was taken down

Vape was my word of the year in 2013, the first year I didn't smoke a single cigarette since I had started in the 90's. Still going strong, and enjoying vaping very much =)

News Comments > etc.
32. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2014, 20:43 Mordecai Walfish

The whole GG thing is the stupidest thing to happen in gaming that I can recall in the past couple years. Let's get back to playing the games, not policing what a sexist outlier of gamers is doing or give them any damn attention. I too think that gaming "media" is a fucking joke and advertisement tool for publishers mostly, as I'm sure many of the regulars here would agree, but we'll all need a better platform than what GG has become to see any change or be taken seriously in that regard.

GG is in it's death bed at this point, looking for hashtags to fuel it's life support system, and it just isn't working. Move on.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
10. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 8, 2014, 19:07 Mordecai Walfish

i just keep version 1.0 installed non-steam with SAAC for proper analog controller support and SA:MP compatibility. They will never be able to cripple the game with updates this way. What happens when all the music licenses from the game run out? They release a patch completely removing the soundtrack? lol  

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Released
2. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Released Nov 4, 2014, 19:37 Mordecai Walfish

Kind of disappointed that the promised discount for existing owners of Binding of Isaac was changed to only apply towards people pre-ordering the game. I quit playing the original after the shitty flash engine completely froze up on me on my best run ever.. kind of left a sour taste in my mouth, and made me anticipate the release of Rebirth.

Guess I'm gonna wait for a steam sale, no doubt it will be in the christmas sale if not sooner.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 4, 2014, 19:31 Mordecai Walfish

Never heard of those PS3 issues with the game before. Plays wonderfully on PC.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - NS2 Combat
7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - NS2 Combat Oct 31, 2014, 20:21 Mordecai Walfish

The number of people playing on the friday night of release is roughly the number of folks I saw in the livestream chat, ~90.

Flopzilla.

972 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo